Thief Bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Please Anet?

Original List in the Thief Forum

(SKILLS)

Withdraw: still does not have the extra 10% healing noted in patch notes

Heart Seeker: while under the effects of quickness, the leap distance is significantly reduced

Black Powder (/Heart Seeker): If you heartseeker INTO a black powder it will proc the stealth combo but you will not actually gain stealth. Doesn’t happen if you leap OUT of the field though, or through it. Only happens when you leap from outside to inside the field.
(tbd whether that’s the case with all combo fields + leap finishers)

Detonate Cluster: Detonates from player body instead of @ location. A display bug, the clusters are actually landing where they are supposed to, despite where they appear to go.

Whirling Axe: dodging to cancel this stolen skill is frequently delayed, or the evade frames do not occur at all, while still consuming endurance

Shadow Refuge: while the quickness boon is active, the animation for Shadow Refuge will end earlier than the stealth pulses do. If you leave the area of the original AOE animation, you will be revealed.

Shadow Refuge: Sometimes when putting down Shadow Refuge it doesn’t start stealthing immediately and only stacks like 3-4 seconds od stealth in the end.
(tbd)

Roll for Initiative: the cast is sometimes delayed instead of instant

Shadow Trap: does not give the extra 5 might when traited for deadly trapper, also does not apply 8 stacks of vuln as the baseline tooltip states fixed 7/28/15

Ambush Trap: does not apply any bonuses from deadly trapper fixed 7/28/15

Infiltrator’s Return: weakness is not removed with infiltrations return unless you use IR twice

Black Powder: has 1200 range, increasing to 1350 with Ankle Shots, should be 900 and 1050

Shadow Shot: traited with Ankle Shots improves range to 1200 (should be 1050)

Cloak and Dagger: If you cast CnD while jumping your sigils have a delayed cast forcing a reveal on a Sigil of Air proc for example

Basilisk Venom: does not stack at all, which seems unintended since it was changed to two stacks baseline

Basilisk Venom: still at 1,5s stun duration

Scorpion Wire: wonky as usual, doesn’t always pull all the way

Steal: stealing in SPvP pregame allows you keep the bundle when the match starts

(TRAITS)

No Quarter: when you apply fury to yourself you gain the additional ferocity correctly, but if someone else applies fury to you, you do not get the additional ferocity for their portion of the fury duration fixed 7/28/15

Practiced Tolerance: only converts base precision to ferocity, ignoring signet, banners, spotter etc.

Keen Observer & Flawless Strikes: unclear if they are working, both traits dont show any bonus in the hero panel, in contrast Hidden Killer shows a 100% increase to crit chance

Improvisation: does not recharge skills activated by traits when the associated skill types recharge (trap from trappers respite, trick from flanking strikes)

Trappers Respite: when traited for trap cooldown reduction, the needle trap on heal displays 24s in the tool tip, but there is a second icd that stays at 30s fixed 8/25/15

Potent Poison: Poison duration increase is not correctly displayed on the stats menu and has no effect on Dagger Training’s tooltip when toggled on.

Flanking Strikes: When used with the trait “Trickster”, “Flanking Strikes” actually has a 36s CD instead of 48s CD how it’s supposed to be.

Ankle Shots: raises pistol range by 150 but does not state it in the tool tip

Quick Pockets: procs with some items like the Unbreakable Choir Bell, which can be swapped more frequently than normal weapons

(MECHANICS)

Shadowstepping: there may be some pathing issues causing shadowsteps to fail without an out of range or invalid path indicator, and also causing invalid path errors in places where they previously worked

Shortbow: shots get obstructed and do not hit sometimes when there is clear line of sight

Stealth: stealth occasionally ends early and causes revealed without reason and without displaying the revealed debuff, may happen more often when affected by a condition (Thread with related discussion)

Immobilize: Getting immobilized mid-air (for example while jumping) results in you being unable to use any skills.

I will add any new bugs that get named in this or the original thread.

PvP, Teef & Engi

(edited by Tarkan.5609)

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Added a couple on the thief forum.

Heart Seeker: while under the effects of quickness, the leap distance is significantly reduced (quickness may be affecting other classes leaps as well, but I haven’t checked)

Trappers Respite: when traited for trap cooldown reduction, the needle trap on heal displays 24s in the tool tip, but there is a second icd that stays at 30s

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Updated my post with the weakness bug from the Thief forum.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

bump

An Error Prevented Saving:
Message Body length must at least be 15.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Updated with more bugs that were mentioned.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Updated with two more bugs from the original thread.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump. Why don’t thieves get looked at when it comes to bugs?

I mean I don’t know whether any other class gets looked at when they talk about ways to buff the bad trait lines they got atm for example, but at least some bug fixes would be appreciated.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Added one more stealth bug that was mentioned in the Thief Forum.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15chars…

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

I will not leave the thief bugs rot on 2nd page

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

No Quater still not working correctly pls give me my ferocity Q_Q

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Updated it, had to simply copy everything from the original list as i’m on vacation right now

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Thief Bugs still on point

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Aaaaaaaand bump

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump. Bump? BUMP!

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

This needs to be looked at

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

This needs to be looked at

^

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Still bumping and not gonna stop

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

Shortbow clusterbomb detonation, detonates from player body instead of @ location.

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Shortbow clusterbomb detonation, detonates from player body instead of @ location.

Thanks, updated it!

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

Potent Poison – Poison duration increase is not correctly displayed on the stats menu and has no effect on Dagger Training’s tooltip when toggled on.

I have been using a build with an 83% increase in poison duration, meaning the tooltip should display 3 1/2 seconds (actually 3.66s) for Dagger Training as well as a 10% increase in damage, but it remains at 3s with no damage change. It’s definitely connected to a Potent Poison bug, as the duration and damage remains unchanged on Dagger Training despite toggling on and off Potent Poison, but functions with other poison duration increase options.

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Michelangelo.1742)

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Potent Poison – Poison duration increase is not correctly displayed on the stats menu and has no effect on Dagger Training’s tooltip when toggled on.

I have been using a build with an 83% increase in poison duration, meaning the tooltip should display 3 1/2 seconds (actually 3.66s) for Dagger Training as well as a 10% increase in damage, but it remains at 3s with no damage change. It’s definitely connected to a Potent Poison bug, as the duration and damage remains unchanged on Dagger Training despite toggling on and off Potent Poison, but functions with other poison duration increase options.

Thanks, added that one as well.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

And another time.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Another one to add.

Trickster when used with the trait “Haste” causes the latter to have a 36s cool down instead of 48s giving double the cool down it should.

It isn’t game breaking and to be honest actually makes the trait usable. Please do a balance pass at tricks with a view to reducing some of their cool downs.

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Another one to add.

Trickster when used with the trait “Haste” causes the latter to have a 36s cool down instead of 48s giving double the cool down it should.

It isn’t game breaking and to be honest actually makes the trait usable. Please do a balance pass at tricks with a view to reducing some of their cool downs.

Oh thought that was fixed some weeks ago.
Thanks, added it.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

And another time.

Bump again.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

Figured it would fit here rather than creating another post.

Shadow Refuge: while the quickness boon is active, the animation for Shadow Refuge will end earlier than the stealth pulses do. If you leave the area of the original AOE animation, you will be revealed.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Figured it would fit here rather than creating another post.

Thanks for posting it here, updated it.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Added this from a pm
Shadow Refuge: Sometimes when putting down Shadow Refuge it doesn’t start stealthing immediately and only stacks like 3-4 seconds od stealth in the end.
(tbd)

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

And another time.

Bump again.

Another one.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Lygon.4896

Lygon.4896

got one for ya:

If you heartseeker INTO a black powder (pistol no.5) you will proc the stealth combo but you will not actually gain stealth. Doesn’t happen if you leap OUT of the field though, or through it. Only happens when you leap from inside to outside the field.

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

got one for ya:

If you heartseeker INTO a black powder (pistol no.5) you will proc the stealth combo but you will not actually gain stealth. Doesn’t happen if you leap OUT of the field though, or through it. Only happens when you leap from inside to outside the field.

Thanks, added it.
Guess you meant “Only happens when you leap from outside to inside the field.” though in your last sentence right?

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Lygon.4896

Lygon.4896

got one for ya:

Thanks, added it.
Guess you meant “Only happens when you leap from outside to inside the field.” though in your last sentence right?

yes :P

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

And another time.

Bump again.

Another one.

Hoping for Bug fixes now that our Elite Spec is revealed.
sneaky bump wasn’t it

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Yeah it was already in the list but I added the fact that it’s apparently only a display bug.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Seabreeze.8437

^ omg I read through the whole list and totally missed it. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out!

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Updated the one fix in this patch… much bug fix, such wow

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Seabreeze.8437

I know right? Oh well… I’m still excited for the elite spec.

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Same here but I’d be more excited if we got some bug fixes first – and some changes to trait lines/skills that need it (acrobatics, tricks,…)

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

And another time.

Bump again.

Another one.

sneaky bump wasn’t it

And hoping they wouldn’t have had to nerf Acro in order to make Daredevil tasty.
sneaky bump

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Seabreeze.8437

Same here but I’d be more excited if we got some bug fixes first – and some changes to trait lines/skills that need it (acrobatics, tricks,…)

Yeah, the bugs should really be taken care of. For me, I find the most annoying bug is that cluster bomb one. I know there are more important bugs that actually affect the functionality of the thief, but man, it throws me off a lot if I’m spamming that move (as in, it makes me think I missed the last-second point of detonating the arrow and am simply firing another shot, so I end up standing still for a couple seconds until I realize that the shot actually clustered and it’s not another arrow).

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Yeah, the bugs should really be taken care of. For me, I find the most annoying bug is that cluster bomb one. I know there are more important bugs that actually affect the functionality of the thief, but man, it throws me off a lot if I’m spamming that move (as in, it makes me think I missed the last-second point of detonating the arrow and am simply firing another shot, so I end up standing still for a couple seconds until I realize that the shot actually clustered and it’s not another arrow).

Yeah i understand but after the last patch I rarely detonate it anyway, so that’s nothing that influences me too much.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

And another time.

Bump again.

Another one.

sneaky bump wasn’t it

And hoping they wouldn’t have had to nerf Acro in order to make Daredevil tasty.
sneaky bump

Bump.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Tarkan.5609

Bump.
15 chars

Let’s do this again.

Won’t be the last time.

And again.

And another time.

Bump again.

Another one.

sneaky bump wasn’t it

sneaky bump

Bump.

11th bump in this row.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Thief Bugs

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Please add Death Blossom to the List.Getting immobilize midair lock your character and become unresponsive to skill activation.

But this is actually happen anytime you get immobilize when not on the ground