Updated: Ele Bugs: as of 8/13/2015 patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

1) Lightning Rod: When a foe attempts to dodge roll across Unsteady Ground (Earth Staff skill 4) and is disabled by Unsteady Ground, this trait’s lightning strike proc misses.

2) Lightning Rod: When using Conjure Earth Shield skills 3 or 4 (Magnetic Surge or Magnetic Shield), this trait’s lightning strike procs consume an additional Conjure weapon charge per foe disabled.

3) Lightning Rod: When using Conjure Earth Shield skills 3 or 4 (Magnetic Surge or Magnetic Shield), this trait’s lightning strike procs will be blocked if you disable a foe who is blocking, despite interrupting the block.

4) Rock Barrier (Earth Scepter skill 2) and Signet of Earth passive effect: these toughness bonuses do not work with Strength of Stone or with the 6-rune bonus of Rune of the Undead.

5) When Signet of Restoration is equipped with the Conjurer trait picked, the tooltip shows that the signet grants the fire aura as if you used the old Fire’s Embrace trait. No aura is actually procced.

6) Quickness will result in the projectile block from Swirling Winds also speeding up, resulting in only 4 seconds of block rather than 6 seconds (the animation also speeds up.) This may or may not also be the case for Slow (longer block.)

7) Soothing Power: Only increases the effectiveness of Soothing Mist by 100% (tooltip says 200%.)

8) Cleansing Water: Does not proc on the regen granted by the 4- and 6-rune effects of Rune of Dwayna.

9) (Anomaly?) When Soothing Disruption is equipped, Ether Renewal only grants the associated boons at the end of its channel, or when cancelled early. (All other non-elite cantrips grant the boons upon cast, but they ARE instant, so not sure if this is intended or not.)

10) Trait icons for Soothing Disruption and Cleansing Water appear to be the same.

11) If Aeromancer’s Training is equipped and Ride the Lightning is used, you don’t get the full precision bonus (RtL seems to knock you out of Air Attunement; this is only resolved after swapping Attunements and back into Air.) This bug seems to affect Signet of Fire too, when Aeromancer’s Training is equipped.

12) Lightning Flash no longer works in some places where it previously used to work; for example, some stairs in WvW.

13) Fire Shield (focus Fire skill 5) does not reduce condition duration, despite the tooltip saying so.

14) Superior Rune of Radiance does not increase the duration of the fire aura from Sunspot. The tooltips on both of them do not update with the rune set equipped.

15) Conjure Earth Shield’s extra toughness and vitality do not count toward the bonus from Strength of Stone or Rune of the Undead for the toughness, or Rune of the Scavenger for vitality.

16) If 2 eles that are fighting each other both have Lightning Rod equipped, and one gets disabled and uses their Shocking Aura, and the other ele also has their Shocking Aura up, when the other ele attacks the still disabled ele, Lightning Rod will proc 10+ times on both eles, being able to do MASSIVE damage to each other. See images and video below; 3:58 mark shows bug reproduced.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/196106/gw162.jpg

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/196107/gw163.jpg

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/196109/gw164.jpg

17) Boil (Trident Fire skill 2) cannot be used against structures, like Inquest turrets etc. or event items than need to be destroyed (e.g. reactors in those Bloodtide Coast NW). The skill just does not execute.

18) Chaos armor gained by leaping across a chaos field is not shared by Powerful Aura, and is not affected by Zephyr’s Boon or Elemental Shielding. (Not sure if chaos armor counts as an aura; may be intentional. However, it IS affected by Rune of Radiance, so this might indeed be a bug.)

19) Power Overwhelming seems to be changing the duration of burns on the tooltips for line-burning fields and on Conjure Flame Axe’s skills (Burning Retreat, Burning Speed, and skills 3-5 on Conjure Flame Axe.) I don’t think it’s changing the actual applied duration, but this has yet to be verified.

20) Arcane Brilliance centers the Blast finisher on the opponent rather than the Ele. In order to get it to function correctly you have to have no target.

21) Churning Earth, when cast in a Fire field, displays “Might” the moment it starts channeling, but gives Might only at the end of the channel. In addition, the skill’s animation goes on even if the skill is interrupted.

22) Soothing Mist’s reapplication while in Water Attunement delays the ticks. As a result, the regeneration effect does not apply consistently every seconds; actually, it procs about two times every 3 or 4 seconds (tested using the improved Soothing Mist.)

23) Geyser: this skill’s AoE radius seems to be its old, pre-baseline-Blasting Staff radius. (This may be a visual bug only; would like confirmation please.)

24) Glyph of Elementals: the audio is completely wrong for the Ice Elemental NPC’s ice lance skill – it plays what sounds like the Frostbrood Norn death audio.

Please add more as you find them!

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Whenever I jump into a fight all these random conditions get on me and I die really fast.

Bad Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

Whenever I jump into a fight all these random conditions get on me and I die really fast.

That just might be a feature, not a bug ;P

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Didn’t you hear? They increased build diversity by leaving arcana and water as mandatory in all builds.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Chill is affecting attunement recharge.

Don’t care what anyone says, or how long it’s been around, it’s a bug.

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Add:
When using Conjure Earth Shield, Lightning Rods procs from disabling a foes consume up to 3 additionnal charges depending on the amount of target hit.

Add:
When using Conjure Earth Shield, Lightning Rod will be blocked if you interruption a Shield Block despite interruption the Block.

Alerie Despins

Glenstorm.4059

Add:
When using Conjure Earth Shield, Lightning Rod will be blocked if you interruption a Shield Block despite interruption the Block.

Could you explain what this bug means? I don’t understand.

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Soothing Power: It say it increase effectiveness of soothing mist for 200%, it only increase for 100%.

Glenstorm.4059

I just tested out Soothing Ice in PvP and it DOES seem to proc the cleanse from Cleansing Water…can anyone please confirm this for me?

Posted by: Remedy.3429

Remedy.3429

No kidding. I’m not having problems with 1v1s, but I can’t sustain 1v2s anymore. Condis just melt me. Also guardians are a pain now and I used to eat them alive (d/d arcana, water, air)

Glenstorm.4059

Would also appreciate confirmation on bug 3 (Lightning Rod and Unsteady Ground); they seem to be working fine for me.

Posted by: trino.4832

trino.4832

I don’t think this is a bug so much as it is slightly annoying. Ether Renewal with soothing distruption. The boons for the cantrip apply once you completely channel the spell. I know I might sound a bit greedy but i guess it kind of bothers me maybe because all other cantrips are instant. If Ether Renewal gets interrupted/cancelled it still goes on cooldown for the full duration without the boons. (as of writing this i do now realize you could dodge and cancel the spell and then get the boons and a slightly faster cooldown if the boons applied at the beginning instead of the end). I don’t know any thoughts?

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

I think there is a bug with S/D with air attunement. I noticed it fighting megadestroyer, if you just let your skill 1 arc lighting run auto attack itll stack up to well I dont know how high it’ll go but mine was up to 45k(no might buffs) when he died… not sure what that is all about. But im new to the class so…maybe its just me. if you do any other skills with the exception of skill 2 lighting stirke it’ll disrupt it, however if you just keep letting it auto it just keeps climbing in damage. Happened on teq fight as well escept there I had some buffs and was up to 65k.

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

ok I just noticed that itll only keep stacking if you use the skill 2 on CD other wise it resets the damage.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I think there is a bug with S/D with air attunement. I noticed it fighting megadestroyer, if you just let your skill 1 arc lighting run auto attack itll stack up to well I dont know how high it’ll go but mine was up to 45k(no might buffs) when he died… not sure what that is all about. But im new to the class so…maybe its just me. if you do any other skills with the exception of skill 2 lighting stirke it’ll disrupt it, however if you just keep letting it auto it just keeps climbing in damage. Happened on teq fight as well escept there I had some buffs and was up to 65k.

This is not a bug, but rather how damage is displayed in this game. When you use an attack that constantly channels, the damage you are seeing is the total damage dealt. So that 45k, was 45k damage dealt to the shark throughout your encounter. If you stop channeling and use another attack (instant attacks don’t interrupt your abilities), the counter will reset and begin countering the damage dealt for the new attack.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

A bug I noticed, but haven’t check it elsewhere. Whirlpool, the underwater elite, does not do anything when used in lions arch. The skill has no #1/2/3 abilities and simply makes you look like aterribly animated whirlpool. Making the elementalists elites worse than just kitten, they are actually useless. (That is if this also happens in other zones, which is probably does, but who cares about underwater combat)

Also, to mention, as a human, it is the only elite that works underwater. Meaning for now, we have no underwater elite. Not that it changes anything. XD

Posted by: Silky.8574

Silky.8574

This is not a bug, but rather how damage is displayed in this game. When you use an attack that constantly channels, the damage you are seeing is the total damage dealt. So that 45k, was 45k damage dealt to the shark throughout your encounter. If you stop channeling and use another attack (instant attacks don’t interrupt your abilities), the counter will reset and begin countering the damage dealt for the new attack.

Observed this today as well. What’s weird is that it adds up not only over a single channel, but continually, as long as you keep autoattacking. If that is a feature, it’s a pretty cool one, I might say

Alekt.5803

Would also appreciate confirmation on bug 3 (Lightning Rod and Unsteady Ground); they seem to be working fine for me.

I can confirm that it is caused because the target initiated a Dodge Roll.
It’s like if the Lightning Rod proc was doing it before the interrupt.

It does the same with Magnetic Shield when pulling a blocking Engineer, Warrior or Sheltering Guardian. It reads “Interrupted” then Lightning Rod is “Blocked”.

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

Glenstorm.4059

I can confirm that it is caused because the target initiated a Dodge Roll.
It’s like if the Lightning Rod proc was doing it before the interrupt.

It does the same with Magnetic Shield when pulling a blocking Engineer, Warrior or Sheltering Guardian. It reads “Interrupted” then Lightning Rod is “Blocked”.

Thanks, modified OP to reflect this.

Posted by: Stygian.1349

Stygian.1349

I’d like to add another:
If you have Aeromancer’s Training as well as Fire Signet, if you use Ride the lightning you don’t get the full bonus.
For me instead of 10%~ Crit I seem to be getting 1% after using RtL.
After a few more tests, it seems like Fire Signet has no effect – you gain ~1% increase to crit chance instead of the normal ~10% regardless of if you have it on or not.

(edited by Stygian.1349)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Lightning flash doesn’t work anymore on some places it used to work, like some stairs in WvW.

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Fire Shield (the focus fire 5 skill, not the aura itself) is, according to tooltip, supposed to give you 20% condition duration reduction while it’s active. Doesn’t do it though, never did AFAIK.

If you have Aeromancer’s Training traited and use Ride the Lightning, after RTL ends the +190 precision bonus doesn’t work anymore (RTL doesn’t count you as being in any attunement while active). Just tested this:

1. I have 1125 precision while outside of air.
  2. Switch to air (with Aeromancer’s training traited): I have 1315 precision.
  3. Use Ride The Lightning: when it ends I suddenly have 1157 precision – a very strange number, it still gives a precision buff but only 34 instead of 190.

The 190 precision only fully apply again when you switch out of air and into it again – and when you RTL the bug cycle starts again.

On a sidenote: they really should remove all the nerfs RTL has gotten over the years for ignoring cripple, chill and swiftness now that every movement skill behaves like this. They’ll never remove the double-cooldown mechanic it seems but they at least could let us count as being in air attunement again while RTLing (which would remove the above bug I guess) and let use use instant skills while it’s active – like all other such skills.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

(edited by SchmendrickTheMagician.8247)

Glenstorm.4059

Added more bugs to the OP; thanks.

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Superior Rune of the Radiance: is not increasing the duration Sunspot trait. it should be 5 seconds not 4 seconds. Also the tool tip on both of them are not updating with rune set on.

Sothing Ice is not applying Frost aura

(edited by Taobella.6597)

Glenstorm.4059

Sothing Ice is not applying Frost aura

I could not reproduce this bug with the testing NPCs in HoTM. I added your Rune of Radiance bug to the list, thank you!

Posted by: Spectrum.4985

Spectrum.4985

Ferocious Winds is not adding bonus ferocity based on the precision from Signet of Fire passive or Aeromancer’s training.

EDIT: I guess since Ferocious Winds is currently scaling off of Toughness it makes sense for these to not add ferocity. Like Strength of Stone, however, the Signet of Earth passive also does not add ferocity based on toughness.

(edited by Spectrum.4985)

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Fire Shield bug existed pre-patch as well. So it hasn’t been fixed for a long time

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Lightning flash doesn’t work anymore on some places it used to work, like some stairs in WvW.

Sorry, I’m not an Elementalist, but the blink-like mobility checks do that for everyone. It both is and is not a bug. :/

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

More of an inconsistency than a bug perhaps, but shouldn’t the Diamond Skin (GM Earth) trait icon appear as long as you are above 90% health, since it is a situational trait and nothing that has permanent effect (which icon is not permanently shown) ?

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

More of an inconsistency than a bug perhaps, but shouldn’t the Diamond Skin (GM Earth) trait icon appear as long as you are above 90% health, since it is a situational trait and nothing that has permanent effect (which icon is not permanently shown) ?

it probably should seeing as every other trait with an effect now has some sort of icon (stone heart, spotter, the kit trait for engi, etc.)

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

16) Lightning Flash no longer works in some places where it previously used to work; for example, some stairs in WvW.

this one is particularly annoying. I’m finding it’s not working in loads of places it used to, mainly up inclines.

downed state is bad for PVP

16) Lightning Flash no longer works in some places where it previously used to work; for example, some stairs in WvW.

this one is particularly annoying. I’m finding it’s not working in loads of places it used to, mainly up inclines.

Yeah, lots of “no valid path to target” though all teleports and shadowsteps now seem to behave like that. At least it doesn’t go on cooldown any longer when it can’t teleport like it used too so I much prefer this version.

Posted by: Nick.5283

Nick.5283

Anet please fix the fresh air issue where it clearly still has an ICD or some bug that does not always refresh air attunement on crit.

Alekt.5803

Conjure Earth Shield extra toughness (and vitality) does not count toward the bonus from Strenght of Stones or Rune of the Undead (or Rune of the Scavenger for the vitality part).

Alerie Despins

Alekt.5803

Are the Devs even reading that kind of thread?

Alerie Despins

Glenstorm.4059

Are the Devs even reading that kind of thread?

I certainly hope so :/

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Found another bug related to Lightning Rod!

If 2 eles that are fighting each other both have Lightning Rod traits, and one gets disabled and uses their Shocking Aura, and the other ele also has their Shocking Aura up, when the other ele attacks the still disabled ele, Lightning Rod will proc 10+ times (Counted 13 by the screenshots) on both eles, being able to do MASSIVE damage to each other. It was quite funny seeing that happen but let’s prevent us from nuking the ever living crap out of each other! xD (Skip to about 3:58 if you want to get past the jargon of reproducing the bug) Also Glen, if you get to adding this to the bug forum topic can the video link also be added to that description bug for clarification? Thanks!

Attachments:

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

(edited by Colt.9051)

Glenstorm.4059

If 2 eles that are fighting each other both have Lightning Rod traits, and one gets disabled and uses their Shocking Aura, and the other ele also has their Shocking Aura up, when the other ele attacks the still disabled ele, Lightning Rod will proc 10+ times (Counted 13 by the screenshots) on both eles, being able to do MASSIVE damage to each other. It was quite funny seeing that happen but let’s prevent us from nuking the ever living crap out of each other! xD (Skip to about 3:58 if you want to get past the jargon of reproducing the bug) Also Glen, if you get to adding this to the bug forum topic can the video link also be added to that description bug for clarification? Thanks!

Done, thanks!

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Boil (Trident; Fire #2) can not be used against structures, like Inquest turrets etc. or event items than need to be destroyed (e.g. reactors in those Bloodtide Coast NW). The skill just does not execute.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

This happened to me in wvw while stomping a necro. Whatever they did to me in down state proc’d lightning rod like 20 times and they insta died before i could even finish the stomp. Was somewhat funny like wtf was that lol.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i am not sure these 2 have been added: Leaping threw static field does not aura share.
also leaping threw chao field : does not aura share.

i am not sure these 2 have been added: Leaping threw static field does not aura share.

Leaping through a static field dazes your enemy it doesn’t give an aura.

Chaos Aura should probably be shared, probably isn’t currently because we can’t make it ourselves.

Glenstorm.4059

Boil (Trident; Fire #2) can not be used against structures, like Inquest turrets etc. or event items than need to be destroyed (e.g. reactors in those Bloodtide Coast NW). The skill just does not execute.

Added, thank you.

Glenstorm.4059

Leaping through a static field dazes your enemy it doesn’t give an aura.

Chaos Aura should probably be shared, probably isn’t currently because we can’t make it ourselves.

Chaos armor is weird, because it isn’t affected by any aura traits, yet per Wiki it is affected by Rune of Radiance (which affects auras.) I added this on the bug list regardless.

Glenstorm.4059

The 7/7/2015 patch fixed the following bug:

Empowering Flame adds 150 power even when not in Fire Attunement. In Fire Attunement, you gain another 150 power, for a total of 300 bonus power.

Hoping for more fixes soon

Also, I’d really appreciate confirmation from someone on here that Soothing Ice does indeed proc Cleansing Water when it grants regeneration. Confirmed to be working correctly by DirtyDan.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Looks like an infinite loop bug.

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Arcane Brilliance still centers the BLAST finisher on the opponent rather than the Ele. In order to get it to function correctly you have to have no target.

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

15) Lightning Flash no longer works in some places where it previously used to work; for example, some stairs in WvW.

Noticed this one doing chest farm in the silverwastes. Doesnt work some stairs at the forts

I’d really appreciate confirmation from someone on here that Soothing Ice does indeed proc Cleansing Water when it grants regeneration.

Tested it with the thief npc at the pvp lobby.
I can confirm the condition remove when frost aura is applied by Soothing Ice.
I would like to add a screenshot but it is pretty difficult to show a removed crippling or immobilzie.

(edited by DirtyDan.4759)

Glenstorm.4059

Arcane Brilliance still centers the BLAST finisher on the opponent rather than the Ele. In order to get it to function correctly you have to have no target.

Can’t believe I’ve never noticed that…added, thank you!

15) Lightning Flash no longer works in some places where it previously used to work; for example, some stairs in WvW.

Noticed this one doing chest farm in the silverwastes. Doesnt work some stairs at the forts

I’d really appreciate confirmation from someone on here that Soothing Ice does indeed proc Cleansing Water when it grants regeneration.

Tested it with the thief npc at the pvp lobby.
I can confirm the condition remove when frost aura is applied by Soothing Ice.
I would like to add a screenshot but it is pretty difficult to show a removed crippling or immobilzie.

Thanks for confirming! I’ve updated my posts.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

[quote=5265605;DirtyDan.4759:]