cultivated seed swapped with pet seed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Snix Spoonman.3871

Snix Spoonman.3871

I just want to add that I have same problem.
Created Mysterious Vine back piece during Dragon’s Reach Part 1
along with the Cultivated Seed.
Both were in my inventory when I logged out yesterday.
Logged in today after patch update, Mysterious Vine back piece still there but the Cultivated Seed has now become a Pet Seed.
Now stuck at progressing with the making of the next stage of back piece.

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Same here, sad these things still happen.

Posted by: Teilos.1236

Teilos.1236

The same problem as others cultivated seed becoming a pet seed
- I created the first pack piece and obtained the cultivated seed during part 1.
- The seed was in my inventory.
- The steps i have completed is simple crafting in prep for the cultivated seed creating the chaos infused pot, crackling ley line dust, and germinated foxfire cluster as well.

Attachments:

(edited by Teilos.1236)

Posted by: Doombug.9451

Doombug.9451

same issue as everyone else, if anyone figures out how to make the ascended backpiece maybe we can skip a step :P but I’d love it if this problem was solved as well. I made the backpack this week before the patch, the seed was in my inventory when I logged on today it was switched to a pet seed…

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

• Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
  • Was the seed in your bank or in your character’s inventory?
  • Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?

- I did create first tier of the back-piece (then gave it to my alt) and I did it before latest patch.
- seed was in my bank till yesterday’s patch (and then it was aleready Pet Seed when I took it)
- i did all the steps in Episode 4, need only Cultivated Seed to finish back-piece.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Soooo are Anet going to fix this? Or are we just going to be kept in the dark :-/ still waiting on a fix and it’s been like 14+ hours

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: kojenks.9204

kojenks.9204

add mee to the list, Cultivated Seed has been replaced with Pet Seed. It had been stored in the bank since completing part 1 of the back piece a couple days after the first part of the story.

Posted by: iprdx.7046

iprdx.7046

Same happened to me… had a Cultivated seed pre patch, and a pet seed post patch…

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

Got the same problem. First step for me : Went to the fractals and build the ascendet version. Can you replace it? I think I need to craft another one (DR Part 1 exotic version)? I’m very sad

Attachments:

In Drakkar we trust

Posted by: Debonair.6130

Debonair.6130

same problem here, cultivated seed turned to a pet seed

Posted by: falcio.8623

falcio.8623

Same problem: Cultivated Seed has now become a Pet Seed.
1) I created the Mysterious Vine before the patch;
2) I had the Cultivated Seed stored in my character bag;
3) I have not begun Dragon’s Reach P2 story arc yet.

Posted by: Khovenost.7143

Khovenost.7143

Exactly the same happened to me, i have a Pet Seed instead of a cultivated seed.
I got the Mysterious Vine prior to this patch, which was in my bank.
I have progressed through the whole story.

I really don’t wanna do the backpiece all over again since is really pricey + there is time limited stuff.

I have not touched the Pet Seed, and i’m looking forward on getting a response.

Lhun

Blackgate.

(edited by Khovenost.7143)

Posted by: manuel.5809

manuel.5809

i got the same problem the seed was in my bank and it became a pet seed and now i did the mists clay pot so my seed is now a pet seedling help!! (sorry for the english)

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

I just check and I have the same issue. I have a Pet Seed.

- I crafted the exotic back item last week before the patch. It is stored in my account bank.
- I had the seed in my account bank since I finished the back item.
- I did not notice it was changed until I saw this thread but I have completed this chapter of the Living Story up to the meeting in The Grove.

Posted by: Spraggus.5190

Spraggus.5190

I also had this problem

-made the exotic back piece during episode 3
-had the seed in my inventory since I made the back piece
-finished ep 4, got germinated foxfire cluster, resonating chaos orb and pile of crackling ley line dust. On my way to crafting the next pieces when I noticed the problem

Attachments:

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

Same problem here.

• I created the first tier back-piece before the patch
  • It was in the bank, but I placed everything in my inventory now
  • I completed all the steps for the new back piece in the last patch, except the last step. It’s at the last step that I noticed that I had the wrong seed for it

Posted by: Moon.3014

Moon.3014

I’ll join the list. Made my Mysterious Vine days before patch and had the Cultivated Seed in my charracters inventory. After the patch the Cultivated Seed was turned into a Pet Seed, I didn’t think tto much about it and made it a Pet Seedling.

I Have also completed the other steps and this patchs story, and now find myself missing the Cultivated Seed, hope i don’t have to make the Mysterious Vine all over again.

Attachments:

~~~ Moon ~~~
“Every one is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody” – Mark Twain

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I am affected by this bug as well…

• Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
  • Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?

- I created the Mysterious Vine back-piece before the patch
- I kept the seed and the vine in my bank until after the patch
- So far I have only completed the transformation of the three story-reward items (Chaos Orb -> Resonating Chaos Orb etc.)

Posted by: Sentinel.1695

Sentinel.1695

NOTE**s(you need to have reset(remade) the 1st backpiece for the ascended items to be obtained, other wise they are locked) ** or until anet fixes this lol

Soooo, yes this is bugged( pet seed should be cultivated seed, etc….), However, I redid the LS on another character and remade the 1st backpiece and got cultivated seed, then I used the 3 items I got from the LS, the Chaos Pot, then the Leyline Dust, then the foxfire cluster, and the empty vial( from the centaur camp geode merch in dry top then go to bottom(Ground floor, not by skillpoint, by where the water hits the floor lol…) of waterfall skill point area In oasis area in dry top and press f to get it) and I got the backpiece!, then it gave me a pet seed, however I already had my pet seedling from earlier, so I then proceeded to look for the items, THEY ARE NOT FROM LIVING STORY LOL!, NOTE**s(you need to have reset(remade) the 1st backpiece for these items to be obtained, other wise they are locked)1st one is elemental essence( From Diedre Steps, Mount maelstrom** from the wave elemental, its a jumping puzzle) then the item you get tells you what you need to get, for example… 100 bloodstone dust/3 bloodstone bricks/4 exotic essense of luck/100 thick leather sections…, the next one! is from the portal of rhaand in diessa plateau, you enter the instance, go below water, go to the ice wall, break thru then go to a room, not the gate room, the only other one LOL, then theres a water spout coming out and you click it and get the item then mystic forge as with first item, theeeeen you go to the forsaken halls mini dungeon, then go to the beams in mid air (past 1st room) and you will see the light, use torch to get across jumping puzzle beams.. then use forge, then the last one is after megadestroyer dies, you get the heart of the destroyer from the orb, in the volcano. then use mystic forge, and ur done XD.

I myself waisted around 360gold doing this and am poor now so any help would be appreciated

sorry for spoilers, just tired of all the frustrated people out there not having answers…..

(edited by Sentinel.1695)

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

same here, cultivated seed turned into pet seed in my alt character inventory

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

1. Completed the Part1 Backpack before Part2 Patch.
2. Seed was in my bags.
3. Have completed Part2 Story I’m afraid I cannot tell at what point the seed changed – I wasn’t looking.

Posted by: jcgreig.3620

jcgreig.3620

I’m also affected
I completed the part 1 backpack before the patch
The seed was in the bank, I believe
I had finished Dragon’s Reach II when I noticed it.

Posted by: morTy.2691

morTy.2691

-Created the backpiece before the patch
-Had the seed in my inventory
-Haven’t started any of the new steps introduced with ep4.

Posted by: Shadowdwemer.7085

Shadowdwemer.7085

I created the first tier a week ago. As well my seed was in my bank. I wanna make the back piece already!

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i am stuck with mysterious SeedLING after combining it with mist pot sintead of chaos one… it requires elementally charged food from me, but i don’t have it nor have means to make it….what now :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I made the exotic backpiece on the first week of the previous LS episode, the Cultivated Seed which was in my bank got swapped with a Pet Seed.

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

-Made Mysterious Vine backpiece before the patch.
-Cultivated Seed was in my character’s inventory (now replaced with Pet Seed).
-I’ve completed all the Episode 4 story instances and so far made the Chaos Infused Clay Pot, Attuned Grow Lamp, Package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food and Heat Stone.

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Hello same problem here as everybody!
- I created the 1st tier before patch
- Seed was in my inventory
- I completed the whole episode 4

Posted by: Minisnoballz.1240

Minisnoballz.1240

Same problem.
- Created first backpiece during episode 3
- Seed was in bank
- Completed episode 4

Posted by: GamerMixZ.2478

GamerMixZ.2478

Same deal like most.

Completed my Mysterious Vine couple days after Dragon Reach Part 1.
So far in Dragon Reach Part 2 (completed episode) I have done the following:
-Attuned Grow Lamp
-Package of Leg Line Dusted Plant Food
-Chaos Infused Clay Pot
-Pet Seedling (I used the mystic forge to change it from the pet seed with the required materials from fractals) Was in the bank prior to patch.

Any update on how we can finish this will be great.

Attachments:

Fitness Gaming Channel of MixZ: www.youtube.com/GamerMixZ2

(edited by GamerMixZ.2478)

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Should I submit a support ticket and ask for a new cultivated seed?

Posted by: JETTER.1963

JETTER.1963

I also created backpiece last week and my seed was changed to Pet Seed.

Posted by: Kendyl.1208

Kendyl.1208

Same issue for me as well. Ready to proceed once I have the correct seed.

Posted by: sdluca.4706

sdluca.4706

Same here.
I completed the Exotic backpiece prior to the patch today. I had it stored in my bank as the Cultivated seed. After the patch, without completing anything in the new story, it has changed to the Pet Seed.

Posted by: papadalys.8713

papadalys.8713

i have the same problem as everyone except mine is even worst:

i made the mysterious vine. I got the cultivated seed that was swapped for pet seed. It was known that we would work with that seed for future pieces/upgrade of it. When i got to read the release notes, it all confirmed that it would be that way. So i go get that pet seed thinking it was the cultivated seed (anyway i never even noticed the name, just the icon of what it is). I click on that seed and it points me to the fractal of the mist door. I go there and look at the vendor. The only thing that was new on the vendor was the mist stone (i believe that is the name) the description says that combined with other items including that seed would make a new item. I am right to believe that this is the next step and go on with it. The problem with those craftable new items is that we have to figure it out by ourselves how to go about doing them, they never come with instruction exept the hint you get from the items themselves, so that is what i did. Now i am stuck with a pet seedling that when clicked on point to gorlais spine POI, and nothing work there to go further.

You see why i say worst? Cause if a fix comes out to revert pet seed back to a cultivated seed it wont fix anything for me. The only fix that would work for people like me is reissuing a cultivated seed to people who have already a mysterious vine. I am wasting 5 prestine fractal relics in the process too.

from the way we have to figure out how to craft those new items i was mislead into doing the wrong thing and i am afraid that my problem would not be fixed with the present state of knowledge of the issue.

i would appreciate an answer from anet representative if my problem is already known and if it will be fixed with the patch.

thanks

(edited by papadalys.8713)

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Same issue – and at this point, I am EXTREMELY confused about how to proceed with upgrading the back piece.

Posted by: ZMAN.2058

ZMAN.2058

Same thing happened here too…
-completed exotic version prior to yesterday’s patch
-seed was in account bank
-has not started p2 of story yet
-too lazy to provide screenshot, sorry

Seems too often than not, this account gets bugged with EVERY update. (ie had daily/dungeon/crafting/node bug, had Concordia bug, …..etc). A little disheartening.

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Same issue, had it in bank. I’m guessing it’s the same for everyone who store it in their bank.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

i made mysterious vine. I got the cultivated seed that was swapped for pet seed. It was known that we would work with that seed for future pieces/upgrade of it. When i got to read the release note it all confirmed that i would be that way. So i go get that pet seed thinking it was the cultivated seed (anyway i never even noticed the name, just the icon of what it is). I click on that seed and it points me to the fractal of the mist door. I go there and look at the vendor. The only thing that was new on the vendor was the mist stone (i believe that is the name) the description says that combined with other item including that seed it would make a new item. I am right to believe that this is the next step and go on with it. The problem with those craftable new items is that we have to figure it out by ourselves, they never come with instruction exept the hint you get from items themselves, so that is what i did. Now i am stuck with a pet seedling that when clicked on point to gorlais spine POI, and nothing work there to go further.

You see why i say worst cause if a fix comes out to revert pet seed back to a cultivated seed it wont fix anything for me. The only fix that would work for people like me is reissuing a cultivated seed to people who have already a mysterious vine. I am wasting 5 prestine fractal relics too in the process.

from the way we have to figure out how to craft those new items i was mislead into doing the wrong thing and i afraid that my problem would not be fixed with the present state of knowledge of the issue.

i would appreciate an answer from a anet representative if my problem is already known and if it will be fixed with the patch.

thanks

Me too! Same problem!

In Drakkar we trust

Posted by: Phil.7903

Phil.7903

i made mysterious vine. I got the cultivated seed that was swapped for pet seed. It was known that we would work with that seed for future pieces/upgrade of it. When i got to read the release note it all confirmed that i would be that way. So i go get that pet seed thinking it was the cultivated seed (anyway i never even noticed the name, just the icon of what it is). I click on that seed and it points me to the fractal of the mist door. I go there and look at the vendor. The only thing that was new on the vendor was the mist stone (i believe that is the name) the description says that combined with other item including that seed it would make a new item. I am right to believe that this is the next step and go on with it. The problem with those craftable new items is that we have to figure it out by ourselves, they never come with instruction exept the hint you get from items themselves, so that is what i did. Now i am stuck with a pet seedling that when clicked on point to gorlais spine POI, and nothing work there to go further.

You see why i say worst cause if a fix comes out to revert pet seed back to a cultivated seed it wont fix anything for me. The only fix that would work for people like me is reissuing a cultivated seed to people who have already a mysterious vine. I am wasting 5 prestine fractal relics too in the process.

from the way we have to figure out how to craft those new items i was mislead into doing the wrong thing and i afraid that my problem would not be fixed with the present state of knowledge of the issue.

i would appreciate an answer from a anet representative if my problem is already known and if it will be fixed with the patch.

thanks

Me too! Same problem!

Me three! Seriously, we are being punished by being the first ones to craft new stuff…FIX IT PLS

Posted by: Convallaria.8469

Convallaria.8469

I created the Mysterious Vine back item more than a week ago; I had a cultivated seed in my inventory until yesterday’s update. Now I have a Pet Seed. Prior to the update, I’m quite positive that it was still a cultivated seed.

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

Just commenting that I’ve had the exact same issue, had the cultivated seed (have the mysterious vine backpiece sitting right next to it) and now I’m back to a pet seed.

Sure this will get fixed eventually, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Hey Sevei! Thank you for the report! I have a few quick questions for you which could help us substantially in trying to identify the root of the problem (pun intended):

If you could also provide a screenshot which highlights the issue, it would help us greatly!

Thanks, and see you online!

1. Yes
2. In my character’s inventory
3. Yes, just about all of them except for mist/chaos pot

Posted by: xelandor.8960

xelandor.8960

This happened to me too. I had made the first part of the back piece about a week ago, and had it and the seed in my ranger’s inventory. I logged on, got all the new pieces, and started crafting them all together to try to make it. Ended up with exotic plant food and an ascended clay pot, which I then used on the pet seed before realizing I had no ascended food for it.

Screenshot shows Resonating Chaos Orb, Package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food, Package of Oasis Soaked Plant Food, Germinated Foxfire Cluster, and the ascended Pet Seedling, as well as the back piece from the last living story,

Attachments:

Posted by: TechCat.4819

TechCat.4819

Mysterious Vine back piece made: 8/6/2014 7:34PM server time.
Seed: Was in inventory during patch day, changed to Pet Seed
Steps for second back piece: Chaos clay pot made, Infused heat lamp made, Leyline dust infused (not forged)
Login during patch day: Immediately after release.

Screenshots shown before and after patch and all its content. (Thank you for the new skins! I love them!)

Attachments:

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

The person responsible for the Item Database done kittened up big time here. How can this happen? The only explanation i as a fellow developer can come up with is that you overwrote the entry for that specific item id. fair and square. If i had the data from the api from before the patch around, i could probably make sure if thats the case.

I honestly see no other way how you could magically change an item in my inventory without exactly that happening.

but for the record, Yes i did create the backpiece before the patch, I had the seed in my inventory, no i only charged the pieces i got from the story.

Posted by: jazix.9541

jazix.9541

Same issue here. Logged in to check and my seed has transformed into a Pet Seed. I have not started any of the Part 2 story line or done anything except log in to check this since the patch.

Posted by: Khovenost.7143

Khovenost.7143

I keep refreshing this page waiting for an answer… yet, nothing.

Lhun

Blackgate.

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Easy fix, recreate the overwritten cultivated seed, mail them to everyone who has the first backpiece unlocked.

I created the first back piece during the part 1 story, after the patch yesterday it’s now a pet seed in my warrior’s inventory.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

I keep refreshing this page waiting for an answer… yet, nothing.

Well to be fair their office is likely only just opened, they’re on the west coast. Give them a bit. :-)

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!