cultivated seed swapped with pet seed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pikaia.7512

Pikaia.7512

My cultivated seed has been converted to a pet seed as well.

Made the backpiece a week or so ago. The cultivated seed was sitting in my character’s inventory, and I only noticed the change after having completed the story and activated the various new items.

Posted by: Theofix.3107

Theofix.3107

Me Too, I have Create Vine Backpack During P1 and My Cultivated Seed Swapped.

Posted by: Mesahungray.3816

Mesahungray.3816

Same issue here. I created the Mysterious Vine back piece a few days after it came out and now my cultivated seed has turned into a pet seed.

Posted by: hawkeward.7631

hawkeward.7631

Same problem here…

- Crafted backpiece last week during Dragon’s Reach P1
- Cultivated Seed was in the bank, is now Pet Seed
- Have completed Dragon’s Reach P2, but not crafted anything with the seed yet

Posted by: Insire.7031

Insire.7031

• Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
  • Was the seed in your bank or in your character’s inventory?
  • Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?

- yes
- the seed was placed in my bank, but i took it out before the release of the patch
- i collected the materials and crafted the attuned lamp and the basic pot, also i did go to the places linked by the dust and the orb

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Thanks to everyone who took the time to check in with the thread and provide details on the issue! The team has been informed and is investigating the problem.

As mentioned by others in the thread, those overflowing with gold can repeat the early steps of the back item construction to continue through the process, though I would not recommend doing so at this time. Any time an item is unexpectedly altered or replaced by a different item altogether, I highly recommend that you start by searching for or starting a thread here in the official bug forum (while including as many details as possible about the issue…and pictures. We like pictures!).

For now, hold on to your items and keep your eyes open for updates on the matter – whether here or on another one of our official communication channels! Thanks again to everyone who have taken the time to keep us informed, and I hope you all enjoy the rest of the new episode!

Tl;dr: top men are on it!

ArenaNet QA Team

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Same issue here.
Exotic backpiece was made 5 or 6 days ago.
Seed was sitting in the bank.
Cultivated seed changed to Pet seed. Thanks for breaking your stuff, ANet.

Posted by: MasterSora.9781

MasterSora.9781

Same Problem Here

Got The Backpiece and The Seed Is Now a Pet Seed
I Have all The Ingredient for the next back but i need the cultivated seed

Attachments:

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

Same issue: Cultivated Seed swapped with Pet Seed.

Posted by: franc.8497

franc.8497

Same problem,

I don’t know what Anet planned on doing for this but I spent a lot of time to get the Mysterious Vine and now I’m kinda bummed I can’t upgrade my backpiece.. It’s gonna be a week of waiting AFTER they fix it for the 7 plates of plant food

Posted by: Kavoreau.4215

Kavoreau.4215

The same thing happened to me. I had finished the first backpiece before the patch and had a cultivated seed in the bank. After the patch and completing episode 4, I had everything ready to plant it in the chaos pot, that’s when I saw it had changed to a pet seed.

Attachments:

Posted by: Khovenost.7143

Khovenost.7143

I have a question, how can such an irrelevant bug like this get a Dev response within 50 minutes! While massive bug reports have been written with great detail hoping for some form okittennowledgement for years!

I’m sorry if I’m wrong but if everyone really cares so much more for a frikin flower pot on your back. I’d like to point out that being stuck after building siege has been in this game longer than 1000000000 x the time we had to wait for a dev response on this irrelevant backpiece!

This is not the thread to complain about it. This bug was really big since a lot of people used their gold to get this backpiece and are now stuck in the progress of making the other, which is part of what the devs expect you to spend your time with.

Lhun

Blackgate.

Posted by: DeadHorn.2647

DeadHorn.2647

Same problem. I crafted the Mysterious Vine before the new patch and had the seed in my character inventory. I have completed Dragon’s Reach Part 2 story.

Posted by: Thorgal.1296

Thorgal.1296

Sign me up with having this issue too .

Posted by: jeffdasecond.5480

jeffdasecond.5480

Same here. Pretty much the same as everyone above.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Seems like there’s enough feedback on this already, but I’ll throw mine into the fray as well.

Created my Mysterious Vine backpiece Monday night, got the Cultivated Seed. Kept it in the personal inventory of the character who originally made it, in a hidden bag. Post-patch, its now a Pet Seed instead.

Posted by: jakakettu.9083

jakakettu.9083

I have the problem.

- I created the Mysterious Vine a roughly week ago, before the patch.
- I had the cultivated seed in my characters bag. Now it is a pet seed
- I have done all the stories for living world 2,
- I have everything to continue with the back item to ascended except the correct seed.
(package of oasis soaked food, Attuned grow lamp, package of ley line dusted plant food, chaos infused clay pot)

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

I also have the issue please help!!

- made the 1st back piece a week ago.
-put the seed into bank.
- got it out to complete 2nd back piece and it’s a pet seed.

(edited by flipyap.5789)

Posted by: Skeith Nethium.7048

Skeith Nethium.7048

I made the backpiece when the Dragon’s Reach Pt1 first started and when pt2 was released it got swapped for this. I beg of you please fix this. I already have the prerequistes to make the new one and I didn’t notice this till after finishing the story.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kippal.2147

Kippal.2147

Have the same problem here as well, crafted the backpiece several days before patch and the seed was put into bank, it’s now a Pet Seed.

Posted by: Zarenda Mal.1364

Zarenda Mal.1364

Same here, just checked. Backpiece was made a week or so ago, the seed was never out of my inventory (I have multiple characters going through the content). Now it is a Pet Seed.

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Same, it got changed to pet seed.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Hey Sevei! Thank you for the report! I have a few quick questions for you which could help us substantially in trying to identify the root of the problem (pun intended):

• Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
  • Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?

If you could also provide a screenshot which highlights the issue, it would help us greatly!

Thanks, and see you online!

Didn’t realize this was an issue. Anyways:

• I created it Monday, the day before the patch.
  • Both seed and backpakc was in my bank.
  • I did, but before I did I saw it was a Pet Seed. I had thought that the item change was intentional, or I was mistaken on what the name was, so didn’t think much of it.

If I’m understanding the bug correctly, it looks like the second gen seed (Cultivated Seed) got turned into the third gen seed (Pet Seed) with the E4 patch. Resulting in all us folks unable to do the second stage of the backpacks, and having to work on the third stage.

Which going by the item names, means we cannot get the Ascended Backpack (Mawdrey), and instead go straight to the Bloodstone-consuming plant (Mawdrey II)?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Hey Sevei! Thank you for the report! I have a few quick questions for you which could help us substantially in trying to identify the root of the problem (pun intended):

If you could also provide a screenshot which highlights the issue, it would help us greatly!

Thanks, and see you online!

Didn’t realize this was an issue. Anyways:

• I created it Monday, the day before the patch.
  • Both seed and backpakc was in my bank.
  • I did, but before I did I saw it was a Pet Seed. I had thought that the item change was intentional, or I was mistaken on what the name was, so didn’t think much of it.

If I’m understanding the bug correctly, it looks like the second gen seed (Cultivated Seed) got turned into the third gen seed (Pet Seed) with the E4 patch. Resulting in all us folks unable to do the second stage of the backpacks, and having to work on the third stage.

Which going by the item names, means we cannot get the Ascended Backpack (Mawdrey), and instead go straight to the Bloodstone-consuming plant (Mawdrey II)?

You may not even be able to go for Mawdrey II, Konig.

I had some people in my guild try it, and they could not complete it. The game must have some invisible check on charging the items for each stage of the process (Mysterious, Cultivated, Mawdrey, MawdreyII). So if you haven’t completed Mawdrey, you won’t be able to charge the item necessary to create Mawdrey II.

Note: It is possible for a person to redo the process to acquire the Mysterious Vine, which will spawn a new Cultivated Seed. From there, the entire process to both Mawdrey and Mawdrey II can be completed as normal, but this is costly and not recommended.

Evan says their top guys and gals are working on it, so it might be best to just enjoy the rest of the content until a fix is implemented.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

Posted by: Orea Cabal.3897

Orea Cabal.3897

Same issue here.

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Same problem, no more Cultivated Seed, only Pet Seed after making Germinated Foxfire Cluster and Pile Of Crackling Ley Line Dust. So apparently interacting with either one triggers the swap? I had the Cultivated Seed in my inventory while working on the new backpiece.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

Had this happen to me as well.
The only difference from what I’m seeing here that I did was went to the next step because why wouldn’t I, and got the pot from the fotm for pristine relics. I now have a pink plant seed and no more chaos pot and no way to undo anything.

Posted by: Ambramiel.1653

Ambramiel.1653

I have the same problem like others.
- I created the first tier of the back-piece 4-5 hours before new patch
- seed was in my hero inventory
-done all story arc in Episode 4
Somehow it dont want to show text on foto, but its true

Attachments:

(edited by Ambramiel.1653)

Posted by: asaypaige.6873

asaypaige.6873

I also had my seed switched out, I made the Mysterious Vine a few days before Part 2 and it was in my character’s inventory. Of the new steps so far I’ve only amplified each item from completing each story instance; Resonating Chaos Orb, Pile of Crackling Ley Line Dust, and Germinated Foxfire Cluster.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dasair.4307

Dasair.4307

Quietly adding to the pile that I too had this item swap take place.

• Previously completed the Mysterious Vine backpiece, and had a Cultivated Seed in my inventory (as well as the backpiece). It became a Pet Seed at some point, and still is.
  • Currently have all the Living Story items in their ‘enhanced’ states, and ready to throw in the Forge.
  • Currently have only created the Chaos Infused Pot.
    - That’s when I double clicked the seed and realized it wasn’t working, and that the hover-text wasn’t just lying to me. It really was a Pet Seed, not a Cultivated Seed like it previously was. (I’d thought they may have been interchangeable before I tried this.)
  • Currently have a number of other needed ingredients somewhere between base and finish, but haven’t done anything with the Pet Seed itself.

Hopefully this can get resolved soon without too much backlash for those who have already ran with the change, (despite not quite being in that boat,) but it’s good to see it’s being worked on! I’m really excited to get this back item.

Posted by: halcyonzephyr.5628

halcyonzephyr.5628

Same problem with the pet seed – just like all the others.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ginto.5379

Ginto.5379

same issue made the first backpack last week put it and the seed in bank. now the seed changed to pet seed

Attachments:

Malchior.5042

I also had my seed switched out, I made the Mysterious Vine a few days before Part 2 and it was in my character’s inventory. Of the new steps so far I’ve only amplified each item from completing each story instance; Resonating Chaos Orb, Pile of Crackling Ley Line Dust, and Germinated Foxfire Cluster.

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/13/gw2-cultivated-vine-backpiece-guide/

You’re on track, asaypaige. Unfortunately, with the seeds swapped, you’re stuck on a phase of the process (where you use the Resonating Chaos Orb to create a Chaos Infused Pot and plant the Cultivated Seed in the pot).

The Pile of Dust and the Cluster are used for the Mystic Forge recipes to interact with other base items that are currently bugged by the seed swaps (seedling, sprout, and shoot).

If you wanted to use the orb, dust, and cluster, you would have to acquired another Cultivated Seed by doing Part 1 of Dragon’s Reach on an alt and doing that part of the process again (totally not recommended).

Just know, you’re on track.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Same problem, no more Cultivated Seed, only Pet Seed after making Germinated Foxfire Cluster and Pile Of Crackling Ley Line Dust. So apparently interacting with either one triggers the swap? I had the Cultivated Seed in my inventory while working on the new backpiece.

Hmm. I didn’t geminate the foxfire before checking, but I might have done the Crackling Ley Line Dust.

Maybe that’s what is causing the bug? But for me, the seed was in my bank.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Malchior.5042

Hmm. I didn’t geminate the foxfire before checking, but I might have done the Crackling Ley Line Dust.

Maybe that’s what is causing the bug? But for me, the seed was in my bank.

The bug is widespread, affecting people at all stages of creation. The one constant is people had completed Mysterious Vine BEFORE the patch hit.

Something bugged in the patch itself, sadly. Best of luck to Anet on discovering the issue and determining a fix.

Posted by: apocalypse.8162

apocalypse.8162

I’ve got the same problem on mine as well. I made the back piece a week prior to this last path on the 12th, and the seed in my bank also now says pet seed…

Posted by: Raventus.6178

Raventus.6178

Created Mysterious Vine two days prior to patch, had Cultivated Seed in my inventory, and has also been replaced by Pet Seed.

Posted by: Chaos Swarm.6430

Chaos Swarm.6430

same Her liek every 1 els. maked may back item 7 days after p1. now i have a pet seed. sow hope you fix this bug fast you kan. whel its mor like a code wrong ting then a bug

Posted by: Jason.3614

Jason.3614

Same issue:

Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
Yes – I created the first tier before the patch.

Was the seed in your bank or in your character’s inventory?
My seed was in the bank.

Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?
I have completed the transformation of all gained materials from the story line, but that is all.

Posted by: Huntsman.2048

Huntsman.2048

Like everyone else I too have this same issue. I was going to start on the Ascended version and use the Pet Seed, now I guess I’d better wait and see how the devs handle this one.

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

I guess thats what I get for trying to be proactive and craft early…..

Posted by: Arcadeis.7492

Arcadeis.7492

I am also having the same issue. I crafted the Mysterious Vine in Part 1. When I logged on yesterday, I noticed my Cultivated Seed turned into a Pet Seed.

Yaks Bend – New Tyria Federation [NTF] &
Superior Spirit of RAM [ROPE] – Guardian primary.
Legendaries made: Sunrise, The Bifrost, Juggernaut, Bolt

Posted by: Jpeg.8361

Jpeg.8361

Same problem as everyone else. I completed the first backpiece before this update. I completed the story and made the chaos pot. When I tried to use it I noticed the cultivated seed had become a pet seed and is unusable.

Posted by: talynboi.2801

talynboi.2801

The same thing happened to me and I didn’t realize it until I came across this post. In Dragon’s Reach part 1 I completed my exotic backpiece and got a cultivated seed. I put it in my bank while waiting for Part 2 to start.

I realized the seed issue AFTER making a mist infused clay pot, using up 5 pristine fractal relics and all the other expensive crafting materials in the process. How can I fix this and can I be re-imbursed for my lost items?

Attachments:

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Same thing here.

By same thing, I created the first backpiece @ dragons reach part 1, before this recent patch

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Cael.3960

Cael.3960

I’m experiencing the same bug.

My fixed-stat exotic backpiece was completed on the weekend before this recent patch. The cultivated seed was left in my character’s inventory. Not sure when the seed changed, but I noticed it after having completed dragon’s reach p.2, finished enhancing the living story materials, and created a chaos infused clay pot earlier today.

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

The fix is not working for the ascendet pet seed. Seriously? I cannot exchange it.

In Drakkar we trust

(edited by PocVecem.5170)

Posted by: oneiro.1987

oneiro.1987

The fix is not working for the ascendet pet seed. Seriously? I cannot exchange it.

The patch notes state the following:

Bug Fixes

-Fixed an issue that prevented some players from upgrading their Chaos Orbs.
-Players who mistakenly ended up with a Pet Seed after the release can speak with Azarr Softhoof in Uplands Oasis to receive a Cultivated Seed in exchange for their Pet Seed.

I would run out to Dry Top and test to see if its working for you.

Posted by: Phroman.1793

Phroman.1793

I still can’t get a cultivated seed because I made the pet seed into the pet seedling. A fix for this would be great, the grind was big enough for the cultivated seed as it was, I suggest adding the cultivated seed for laurels like the Mysterious Seed.

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

If you still have a pet seed you can go to Azarr Softhoof in the oasis (next to the plants that the skritt are watering) and exchange for a cultivated seed. Note that if you accidentally planted the pet seed into a mists pot, the resulting seedling is NOT exchangeable for a cultivated seed.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!