[merged] Invasion Canceler not advancing...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Alright I finally got to 13/13. My last 2 were field of ruin and Iron marches. They both completed on the second attempt.

I made sure to never WP without being in a group to prevent overflow switching, and to do at least 9 events (3 in each stage, including every type of enemy).

Unfortunately I can’t provide much more detail on what I did when it didn’t count since I wasn’t paying close attention then.

I failed both those zones and was in overflow so neither of those seem to affect completion.

Posted by: Crowfeeder.8397

Crowfeeder.8397

Reporting same issue.

6 events in a row, no credit.

4 on main, 2 on alts, sometimes I disconnected sometimes I did not.

Vorpp, Invasion Canceller and Flame and Frost did not advance.

I’m stuck and really can’t advance to play other content with Vorpp stuck.

Did 2 events earlier in the week, both worked (1 fireheart, and got correct credit). Thursday night and today, nothing.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I just completed Timberline Falls. I did not get credit for it. I did participate and we killed Scarlet. I dc’d once during the event and it took a few tries to get back in. As best I can tell, it is the dc that prevented credit.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

I agree. They need to show which ones we are missing…

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: Akkadian.7206

Akkadian.7206

Hey folks,

We’re still looking into this.

As I mentioned before, there are a few things that MIGHT be affecting your ability to complete these achievements:

• Killing Molten Alliance or pirates does not count towards event credit.
  • Killing spawns from the Clockwork part piles does not count towards event credit.

The best bet for getting event completion is going to be taking down the Clockwork champions. They are directly tied to event completion.

Please keep providing details when you fail to receive completion.

Thank you!

If killing neither of those grants anything, then, why the kitten are they in the EVENT in the first place? This has got to be some huge joke. Like seriously, why not save the people doing the event a headache by just wiping the Aetherblades and Molten Alliance from it and just let people kill the clockwork stuff? This is laughable and at best and a poor excuse for an in-game design.

Blackgate

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Hey folks,

As I mentioned before, there are a few things that MIGHT be affecting your ability to complete these achievements:

• Killing spawns from the Clockwork part piles does not count towards event credit.

The best bet for getting event completion is going to be taking down the Clockwork champions. They are directly tied to event completion.

Thank you!

If killing neither of those grants anything, then, why the kitten are they in the EVENT in the first place? This has got to be some huge joke. Like seriously, why not save the people doing the event a headache by just wiping the Aetherblades and Molten Alliance from it and just let people kill the clockwork stuff? This is laughable and at best and a poor excuse for an in-game design.

It’s giving people a choice, but it’s also dividing the event completion and ability to kill Scarlet in time. A lot of people who have already gotten their 13 maps completed will only go out to farm those MA and Aetherblade champs for the loot. This in turn has a hand in killing the event completion for the rest of the people who have NOT gotten their achieves yet. I agree it is laughable because it deliberately causes a big rift between necessity for event completion, and greed.

The effective way around this is to make those abovementioned mobs and champions a part of the event credit thus curbing the greed factor. Everyone gets what they want out of the zone. Farmers get the loot, and others get their map completion.

What the event roster also needs (as mentioned already) is a set regularity or a timetable of what is on and when. Given the temporary nature of this update it’s probably too late for that now, but last night I went and did Fields of Ruin, came back, sold stuff, and then saw Fields of Ruin come up a second time. This randomness is quite annoying and doesn’t help anyone, especially the crux of the posters in this thread who are out to get their 13/13 completion done.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Seraph.9635

Seraph.9635

^this. And please give us a way to track which maps are considered complete for the Invasion Canceler achievement. That way there’s no second guessing why we failed that map, both on our part and for ANet’s debugging purposes.

On a side note, let’s not rush out new content for the sake of freshness. Take your time to test it. We’ll appreciate it much more. But thank you ANet for listening to us

(edited by Seraph.9635)

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

A lot of people who have already gotten their 13 maps completed will only go out to farm those MA and Aetherblade champs for the loot. This in turn has a hand in killing the event completion for the rest of the people who have NOT gotten their achieves.

There is literally only one achievement (Scarlet Scrambler) that requires you to successfully complete the invasion and beat scarlet, and you only need to complete one invasion to get it. Other than that, the reward for successful completion is 2 rares and 2 extra boxes.

Posted by: Kotton.9837

Kotton.9837

“Portal Invasion Closer” achievment is stuck at 2/5 no matter how many invasions I complete.. and I try to do as many events during invasion as possible

Seraph.9635

Mount Maelstrom twice in a row…

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Did champion and still did not count.
Why don,t you just see if we got the reward and count it?

Posted by: Wikus.7504

Wikus.7504

Oh yay, it’s a sticky now! That means it’s a priority to fix right? Right?

Here are some suggestions to deal with this issue:

1. Put a tracker in the achievement UI like you did with the kites.

If it’s too late to do that:

2. Release a fixed rotation of maps.

If you’re afraid of people camping the maps ahead of time:

3. Release a random rotation of maps but 3 or 4 invasions happening simultaneously.

As I have mentioned many times in this thread, it is quite impossible to expect a player to repeat 13 maps of 45 mins each, especially with the randomness and bugs associated with this achievement and I sincerely hope you can understand this from the players’ point of view.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

i was at 11/13 i did fields of ruin twice, one time yesterday where it didnt count and today it counted. I killed as many champs as i could and just now i finished lornars pass which i also did for the 2nd time also killing as many champs as i could and i still am at 12/13. i’m pretty sure lornars pass is the map i havent done yet.. this is definately bugged for me

Posted by: lastmohican.8365

lastmohican.8365

I’ve made a list and completed all the maps, always on home server with my main character, and do the event from beginning to the end and always get the rewards, but I’m still on 12/13.
I’ve been disconnected once (Sparkly Fen) and didn’t get the reward but then did it again a get the reward.

I’ve done some maps again but I don’t know which one failed, i want to cry !!!! XD

Seraph.9635

As I have mentioned many times in this thread, it is quite impossible to expect a player to repeat 13 maps of 45 mins each, especially with the randomness and bugs associated with this achievement and I sincerely hope you can understand this from the players’ point of view.

TOTALLY THIS! Let us players know which maps we’ve already covered. I’m sure the data is already ingame, since it is tracking how many invasion maps we’ve completed. This is making a simple achievement needlessly grindy

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I just completed 2 invasions in Lornar’s Pass, the first one I was on my home server the entire time the second on an overflow (the entire event in the same one obviously, did not swap characters etc).

For both of these invasions I got the “Scarlet has been driven off… for now.” popup, needless to say the second one I only got a skin scrap, but that is not the point. If I am qualified to receive invasion rewards shouldn’t I be qualified to receive achievement credit as well. However, my Vorpp’s Field assistant and other achievement tracks that tie into invasions are stuck in four invasions and have been so for a while now.

Now, if I am unable to complete the rest of the living story content because achievements are not getting credited properly, that would quite frankly suck. So please, if you are going to gate content behind achievements please make kitten sure they are credited correctly above all else. Or better yet, do not gate content behind achievements but use something like actual items as the metric of progress.

Edit: I seriously am tired of spending 45 minutes of my time and never being sure if I actually get what I need to get into the content that I actually want to see (ie. Scarlet’s instance) before it goes away. The design idea itself behind Vorpp’s Field Assistant is great, but it would need to work 100% of the time, otherwise it will just lock people out of content because for some inexplicable reason they did not get the achievement credit.

(edited by Crise.9401)

AncientYs.8613

I just completed 2 invasions in Lornar’s Pass, the first one I was on my home server the entire time the second on an overflow (the entire event in the same one obviously, did not swap characters etc).

For both of these invasions I got the “Scarlet has been driven off… for now.” popup, needless to say the second one I only got a skin scrap, but that is not the point. If I am qualified to receive invasion rewards shouldn’t I be qualified to receive achievement credit as well. However, my Vorpp’s Field assistant and other achievement tracks that tie into invasions are stuck in four invasions and have been so for a while now.

Now, if I am unable to complete the rest of the living story content because achievements are not getting credited properly, that would quite frankly suck. So please, if you are going to gate content behind achievements please make kitten sure they are credited correctly above all else. Or better yet, do not gate content behind achievements but use something like actual items as the metric of progress.

Edit: I seriously am tired of spending 45 minutes of my time and never being sure if I actually get what I need to get into the content that I actually want to see (ie. Scarlet’s instance) before it goes away. The design idea itself behind Vorpp’s Field Assistant is great, but it would need to work 100% of the time, otherwise it will just lock people out of content because for some inexplicable reason they did not get the achievement credit.

^this, i agree, fix it Arena net.

Seraph.9635

Can we as players petition ANet to implement this ASAP? Fixing the buggy achievement is just as important but i’m sure as kitten not gonna devote 13*45 mins of my life to figuring out which map i’m missing

Katz.5143

I just completed Timberline Falls. I did not get credit for it. I did participate and we killed Scarlet. I dc’d once during the event and it took a few tries to get back in. As best I can tell, it is the dc that prevented credit.

An update on this one. I wanted to mention that I got full credit for killing scarlet with the extra rares. I noticed when I logged in today and checked achievements that I had not gotten credit on the daily for “daily invasion responder” although I had fought many portals and different types of invaders.

Today, I participated in gendarrin fields invasion on a different character and got the update on the daily right away. This is an area I had completed before and so I didn’t expect to get more credit towards invasions and I didn’t. I’m still 9/13 having participated in 11 areas. I think I’ve narrowed it down to Timberline Falls and either Fireheart Rise or Frostgorge as the missing ones. However, I would love some way of being sure.

Edit: Should I just run around looking for champion clockworks to kill and ignore the rest of the event on the map to ensure credit for the event?

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: Arlen.9302

Arlen.9302

I’m also not getting credit for invasions. I’ve completed 8 invasions but only got credit for 4. Defeated Scarlet on 6 of the 8, and got the rewards each time, but no advancement of the achievement. I’ve had Vorpp tell me “one more” at least twice now. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if the rest of the content wasn’t gated behind Vorpp…

Seraph.9635

Please add your votes to this thread “Extended Achievement Tracker”: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Extended-Achievement-Tracker so ANet will know we want this ASAP, as well as fixing the buggy achievement

Posted by: Pukka.6389

Pukka.6389

I’m also not advancing. I’ve done close to 8 or 9 events now, the full 45 minutes, get the final credit, and nothing. I’m stuck at 2/5 on Portal Invasion Closer and 2/7 and 2/13. Fix this event? I’ve wasted HOURS now and I can’t move, while my guild mates are getting it done.

Posted by: Varghoss.7605

Varghoss.7605

Stuck at 2/x after ~5 invasion events. Any word on a fix?

[edit] This afternoon my event servers have not been overflow, getting credit now.

(edited by Varghoss.7605)

Posted by: CeruleanRevolver.6085

CeruleanRevolver.6085

Just a copy of a post I had made in another thread till someone directed me to this thread, just to add my exp here

I just started on this event today, got the holographic comm from Vorpp and participated in 3 invasion in 3 different maps (Blazeridge, Sparkfly & Harathi). Killed everything that I see is related to the event. Got crashed out but got back in to continue killing and was around at the end of event to get the rewards thingy at end

My achievement tracker for the Portal invasion Closer, Invasion Canceller, and Worldwide Invasion responder are still at 0%. What’s up with this? If I could get the reward, I should be getting the achievement count too.

Posted by: Donnie.6971

Donnie.6971

I got disconnected half way through an invasion in bloodtide coast. THAT WAS MY LAST MAP. I got back in killed 3 Watchwork champions, did a slew of the events (at least one of each kind), and killed Scarlet. I GOT NO CREDIT. I am so mad right now. These events are too long and too random to not get the credit when you put in the time. I would love to now when the next time I will be able to to bloodtide coast is but who’s to say I won’t get disconnected again and still not get credit.

Posted by: rosey.5309

rosey.5309

Hey folks,

Thank you!

Update for me:

Still stuck at 12/13. Out of Paranoia yesterday afternoon i rewrote the entire checklist of all 13 maps, the date, and the hour each map was invaded. Tagged the mobs you suggested in your post as well as the watchwork mobs NOT from scraps.

Result? Absolutely nothing. Zilch. So what you said is not working especially for this specific achievement. I have now officially given up as of last night and i personally think this is absolutely ridiculous.

I have wasted 13 hours of 3 days in a row trying to figure out what happened and now i’m just burned out and don’t care anymore, and i just plain refuse to waste anymore of my time on this until you guys admit there is a bug/problem and fix it.

The only insight i have to add, is after doing this continuously for the last 3 days, I am beginning to think that on whichever map i d/c or left and got back into the achievement bugs out permanently. At least that’s what i’m able to gather from all the posts i’ve been reading about people d/c and getting back but not receiving credit.

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

Finally completed this achievement. Just got done doing Fields of Ruin for the second time. I guess me swapping from my 80 ele to my 50 mesmer yesterday wasn’t a good idea. Like I said in a previous post I was in a party during the switch. No idea why it bugs out like this but I’m glad I found my issue with it. Maybe it’ll work for some others but I’m so glad I’m finally done with this achievement.

Now I can go back to doing the invasions whenever I choose to instead of waiting around…

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: DelphiFaela.6823

DelphiFaela.6823

Gonna add myself to the list here since it just happened to me.. We finished Scarlet, I killed at least two clockwork champs.. still didn’t count. Fields of Ruin, overflow (home server is TC)
sad face

For the Toast!

Posted by: Artenuvielle.6025

Artenuvielle.6025

I had this achievement on 11/13 for a while now and I only remembered missing lornar’s pass. however since then I logged every map I did the event on (which were all 13 maps). lornar’s pass did count but I could not get the 13th map. I did complete at least one clockwork portal on every map.

Posted by: bastifs.1946

bastifs.1946

disconnected on frostgorge (overflow) just now. actually my client crashed. had a note from windows that gw exe stopped working.
I wanna get it done so badly but after harati this morning and now this, my motivation is going down the drain

Posted by: Ocelot.6053

Ocelot.6053

Didn’t get credit in frostgorge sound for this one just a few minutes ago. I wasn’t in overflow.

EDIT:

“Killing Molten Alliance or pirates does not count towards event credit.
Killing spawns from the Clockwork part piles does not count towards event credit.”

Okay, so ignore the pirates and molten alliance. Fair enough, though it does seem kind of odd to me that these don’t give credit…

(edited by Ocelot.6053)

Posted by: dbill.7483

dbill.7483

I also failed to get credit for Blazeridge Steppes earlier today.

I thought that maybe I made a mistake tracking my completion progress but after reading through this thread, I don’t think the mistake was mine.

I agree that it would be nice to have some in-game progress tracking available so that I know which invasions I have left to go, instead of just recompleting all of them to find which one I’ve missed. Without that, I don’t think I’ll spend any more time trying to complete this achievement.

Tootsie Popa | level 80 Guardian/Dragonhunter
[ODIN] [roam] Tarnished Coast
“The average player believes they are better than the average player”.

Katz.5143

I know I need Lornar’s Pass because I haven’t done it yet.

I’m at 11/13. Every single other map I have done more than once already. I know some of them are complete because I was watching for progress and saw some so at least a few I won’t be doing again.

But I have NO idea which one I need out of the ones I have done multiple times. I have narrowed it down to the 6 most likely ones. But meh. I’m tired of trying to get this achievement. I’ll do Lornar’s pass and wait and see if there is a bug fix.

This truly is annoying. If we contact support could they tell us which ones we are missing? Because I don’t want to do them over and over and over for no results.

Posted by: TBrother.9138

TBrother.9138

I ended up getting credit for 13/13. I just kept doing maps, I didn’t get credit for doing a frost gorge the whole 45 min, then right when it ended I hoped in my friends over flow that had 2 minutes left and then I got credit when it ended. I think I only hit like 2 mobs. I also used my 3rd character to do them, I don’t know if that makes a difference. Good luck to everyone else.

Posted by: Crowfeeder.8397

Crowfeeder.8397

Tried again, still happening.

Honestly if I could even get it to work for the Vorpp mission credit I’d be OK but since I can’t even advance that story line I’m pretty peeved.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Still stuck at 12/13 and i’ve done all 13 maps multiple times i’ve put over 30hours into this it’s quite frustrating…

Posted by: Ikoh.7280

Ikoh.7280

Hi,

I’m stuck at 12/13 and I keep doing them all over and over again. I’m not a farmer so I’m kind of getting tired of doing those since I have done them all the right way and several times (real server, no disconnections, no character switch, from the beginning to the end, etc.). I have kept a record of which maps I had already done and so on…

I know you are investigating the problem ANet so I won’t complain but if you could just give the last point to those who were supposed to get it for I wouldn’t even know which map to complete once again, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

(edited by Ikoh.7280)

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Another question: For those that aren’t receiving credit, did you disconnect or swap characters during the event?

No. I’ve been present for three entire invasions since Vorpp’s achievement last updated to 4/5 (seven invasions total since I received the communicator). I received the reward for all seven, but only four updated the achievement. That is not counting an eighth invasion where my game did lag so badly that the client crashed during the Scarlet fight.

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

I am currently stuck on 12/13 after having done them all, and look forward to doing all 13 again and hoping it pops……

JQ- [VG]

Seraph.9635

Can we have a developer comment on this? at least give us a invasion achievement map tracker so we know which ones we have yet to complete

Debugging the problem might take a while but with a map tracker we can at least focus on the maps that aren’t counted instead of a hit-and-miss approach

(edited by Seraph.9635)

AncientYs.8613

still stuck on 12/13, dont know which maps to do now. just did fireheart rise didnt count, maybe the next one will count? im completely lost as to which one counted or did not count because its so bugged… PLEASE A-Net add an achievement tracker..

Posted by: Dakan.9463

Dakan.9463

I took notes so I don’t forget which maps I have already done. Yeah screw the kitten stuck at 12/13…

AncientYs.8613

I took notes so I don’t forget which maps I have already done. Yeah screw the kitten stuck at 12/13…

taking notes is all fine and good but the reall problem is that even if you note them down there will eventually be one that bugs out or does not count because of a bug and then you mistakenly count it in your notes and thats when you get confused..
so Arena net must fix it asap!

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

I guess everyone already understood there is a bug, but i will just leave my own info here, too.

Stuck on 12/13,
map “Fields of Ruin” was only counted the second time i did it.
i have done ALL other maps (using a list) Twice or more now.
for several maps i made sure that i already did them 3 times.
The Fields of Ruin map was counted after doing only one minion-event and then watching anime on my second screen while just standing around on GW2 because i’m starting to get tired of trying to get this achievement.

I did not have a single disconnect during any of the events; in all i counted finished at the very least one minion event (usually much more).
We (duh) did not always Win the Invasion, (often Scarlet got away), but many maps were counted regardless.

I am currently in the process of finishing my list of maps i have completed at least 3 times; still hoping to find out which map didn’t get counted Twice.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I am at 11/13. I did all of them 3+ times. Getting very tired trying to figure out which ones missed and keep trying. I suspect the 2 I missed might be Gendarran Fields and Bloodtide coast, The reason is because those were the 2 maps I got dc when I were doing them the first time.

When I got dc, my gw2 client actually shut down and another bug report software just kicked out asking if I want to report. Though I didn’t really report but want to get back into the map asap. But the events were over when I got in, so I suspect this would be the cause. They don’t advance the point even after I play them again normally without dc in a later time.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Complement, I was always in overflow maps.

Posted by: Lethokrates.5139

Lethokrates.5139

I too am stuck at 12/13. Mount Maelstrom did not register. I second those who say there should be 1. some regular schedule and 2. a way to know which ones have been done.

Related to this, I STILL have not had the diving achievement fixed, and it’s the same sort of problem. At least in this case I’ve been carefully recording everything from the start. So I know exactly when the foul up occurred. (In the case of the diving I did every dive over again. Did not work.)

It’s moments like this that drain the fun out of a game.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I guess I can be added to the list; 6/13 total and Vorpp’s achievement is stuck at 4/5. I have successfully completed the event on 10 ‘unique’ maps (complete with Scarlet’s rewards). I did not keep track of which were in overflow and which were on my home server. I have used the same character all but the last two maps I attempted. (simply to see if using them would advance the achievement)
I would like to join my guildies and go to Scarlet’s instance. Unfortunately I don’t see that happening until I can figure out how to get this to advance.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Seraph.9635

I would like to join my guildies and go to Scarlet’s instance. Unfortunately I don’t see that happening until I can figure out how to get this to advance.

You can do that without Vorpp’s achievements. My guildie did the Playhouse dungeon without doing Vorpp and Closing Ceremony. Just join a party with someone who can open the Playhouse portal

Posted by: Ikoh.7280

Ikoh.7280

I got the achievement today after completing the Lornar passage for the third or fourth time. I’ve got no clue on why it worked this time…