Can't finish last file of Nov 5th patch. [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ZeddBv.1487

ZeddBv.1487

I repaired the game, didn’t work.
I reinstalled the game, didn’t work.
I changed the language from English to French (waited to download) changed back to English still had 1 file remaining.
I also tried -assetsrv 62.154.232.187:80 (this didn’t work, didn’t launch the game), -assetsrv 151.249.90.138:80 (this launched the game but 1 file remaining)
Though it might be a connection problem because it started downloading with 1kb so I tried cmd: ipconfig /flushdns
I did try to go to Documents and find local.dat but I cant find it.
So what can I do? I cant play the game because of the constant download that makes me lag.

UPDATE: I will to a recap off all the steps i went through, maybe this will help some of you.

First being to clear your cache file:

Completely close the game
Go to temp folder by going to start/run, type in temp and hit enter
Browse to the folder gw2cache-(guid). Example: “gw2cache-(50641E0B-3AD4-1601-081E-6450D43A0116)” 4.. Delete the whole gw2cache folder
Restart the client and see if this may resolve your issue.

Next is to delete more cache files directly tied to the launcher and updates (this will have you restart the update from ground zero):

Hold down the Windows button on the keyboard and hit the “R” key.
Paste in the following line: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 Click “OK.”
Delete the local.dat file located here.

Paste in the following line: C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\bin
Highlight every item in the folder, right click, and select delete.
You will also want to clear your Recycle Bin.

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”
Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end. Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes -- Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair -- Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes. If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.
Right-click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” and select “Run as Administrator.”

Click the “Start” button to bring up the Start Menu.
Type in CMD into the “Search programs and files” field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program “cmd.exe.”
Right-click on “cmd.exe” and select “Run as Administrator.”
Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.
Try connecting to the game again.

ZeddBv.1487

I changed the language from English to French (waited to download) changed back to English still had 1 file remaining.
I also tried -assetsrv 62.154.232.187:80 (this didn’t work, didn’t launch the game), -assetsrv 151.249.90.138:80 (this launched the game but 1 file remaining)
Though it might be a connection problem because it started downloading with 1kb so I tried cmd: ipconfig /flushdns
So what can I do? I cant play the game because of the constant download that makes me lag.

UPDATE: I will to a recap off all the steps i went through, maybe this will help some of you.

Browse to the folder gw2cache-(guid). Example: “gw2cache-(50641E0B-3AD4-1601-081E-6450D43A0116)” 4.. Delete the whole gw2cache folder

Next is to delete more cache files directly tied to the launcher and updates (this will have you restart the update from ground zero):

Paste in the following line: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 Click “OK.”

Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end. Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes -- Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair -- Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes. If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.

Type in CMD into the “Search programs and files” field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program “cmd.exe.”
Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Those are all the steps I went through in the last 3 days. Hope one of these helps you, because none helped me.

UPDATE: Also reinstalled the game (again)

Posted by: Markus Clouser.7905

Markus Clouser.7905

Same thing here.

EU.

Proud leader of The Elite Mercenaries [EM]
- GWAMM & 50/50 friendly title hunter and lore lover
-For when you need real mercenaries!_

Posted by: Blue Arremer.9628

Blue Arremer.9628

Happened here, NA. -assetsrv and -repair had no effect. Deleting the local.dat file didn’t, either.

ZeddBv.1487

UPDATE: I was advised to find GW2Setup.exe and rename it to GW2.exe and then run it as an admin. Apparently this will force a download from a different source, and see if that new source completes the download without 1 file remaining.

This rename/run will download the ENTIRE game all over again though, and I do not have the time available to conduct this course of action at this time. Unless someone else wants to check it out, it’ll have to wait until tonight when I get home from work.

- Mord

UPDATE: I tried this and it didn’t work for me.

ZeddBv.1487

Happened here, NA. -assetsrv and -repair had no effect. Deleting the local.dat file didn’t, either.

You could try the other steps I posted.

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Same problem here. I even tried out Zedds instructions and getting no results.

(edited by AlexEBT.7240)

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

Looks like there is no fix to it. Guess we just have to wait to play til they fix it…and its not a big issue to them cause you can get into the game but for those of us that have data caps we cannot even play. Please fix this ArenaNet!! PLEASE!

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

Same problem guys | South America – Brazil

Posted by: Cirdane.7318

Cirdane.7318

Same problem here, EU – Finland.

I’ve tried everything that’s been posted so far: different VPN, a whole bunch of different asset servers, deleted local.dat and files in bin folder – did a repair. Nothing has worked.

Posted by: judgementryu.9531

judgementryu.9531

Tried this as I hadn’t seen this method before, didn’t work though.

ZeddBv.1487

Tried this as I hadn’t seen this method before, didn’t work though.

Sorry to hear that, if Anet gives me anymore things to try ill post.

ZeddBv.1487

No reply from Anet in almost 4 hours after they suggested it might be my laptops fault (because of the start-up programs that might eat data), but my laptop is 4 weeks old and only has gw1/gw2/team-speak and the drivers installed so… #not #my #fault

Posted by: katerina.6534

katerina.6534

my bf had the same prob he tried to install it 10 times and tried everything thats on the internet…but one of his frends plays GW2 too..so he went by with his hard drive and copy it…now he is able to play…it took him only 1 hour…and the game didnt had to patch..

ZeddBv.1487

my bf had the same prob he tried to install it 10 times and tried everything thats on the internet…but one of his frends plays GW2 too..so he went by with his hard drive and copy it…now he is able to play…it took him only 1 hour…and the game didnt had to patch..

None of my friends play GW2. So…YEAH!

Posted by: katerina.6534

katerina.6534

None of my friends play GW2. So…YEAH!

bad luck indeed :/

Posted by: Nick.8256

Nick.8256

Had the same issue for the past few days and tried absolutely everything. Nothing worked; not even a clean install of windows, the game, router bypass, router firmware flash/reset. Played a bit last night and when I quit I decided to try one more time and it worked on its own.
My advice? Don’t waste insane amounts of time like I did and just let it fix itself. Game should work fine even at 99%

Posted by: Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

I have the same problem and a lot of disconnections too.

Attachments:

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

I’ve been having this issue for a few days now. I’m from SEA.

I have a Q about that 1 file. While you’re in-game, does the client continue to attempt to download that 1 file while you’re playing? I’m on a capped internet connection. I would greatly appreciate an answer. TY!

ZeddBv.1487

Yeah my download usually stops @ 21-24mb and it downloads with an average 40-60kb/s but my internet is fine tested it.

Attachments:

ZeddBv.1487

I’ve been having this issue for a few days now. I’m from SEA.

I have a Q about that 1 file. While you’re in-game, does the client continue to attempt to download that 1 file while you’re playing? I’m on a capped internet connection. I would greatly appreciate an answer. TY!

Yes it continues to download it.

Blue Arremer.9628

That’s why the download speed drops down to 0? Constant disconnects from the download server?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Any responses from support, at least, yet?

Posted by: pando.7315

pando.7315

Having the same problem in EU – Italy.

I tried all previous suggestions but nothing worked.

Kain Francois.4328

This has more responses than any other bug thread on page 1…. shouldn’t be too long for a response, I hope.

More info:

- tried connecting directly to my modem with a wired connection (as opposed to wireless router), and didn’t work.

- tried restarting my computer. Didn’t work, either.

I still note that before this all began in the first place, I received a message upon opening the client, prompting me to repair, which I did, and it crashed. It’s been like this ever since.

If no responses by tonight, I will attempt to completely FORMAT my computer, reinstall GW2, and then see if this occurs again.

Posted by: Wisdom.1346

Wisdom.1346

Same problem here, already tried everything that posted here and others threads…

Can we please get some attention from devs here?

Posted by: Hegemon.4053

Hegemon.4053

This has more responses than any other bug thread on page 1…. shouldn’t be too long for a response, I hope.

More info:

- tried connecting directly to my modem with a wired connection (as opposed to wireless router), and didn’t work.

- tried restarting my computer. Didn’t work, either.

I still note that before this all began in the first place, I received a message upon opening the client, prompting me to repair, which I did, and it crashed. It’s been like this ever since.

If no responses by tonight, I will attempt to completely FORMAT my computer, reinstall GW2, and then see if this occurs again.

Don’t bother, already tried that to no avail!

Posted by: Mordliss.4270

Mordliss.4270

UPDATE: Still in contact with support on this, we have tried adding /clientport 80 to the shortcut target to force the game into a very common port that typically doesn’t have any transmission issues, this unfortunate did not work either.

We then tried to run the launching in compatibility mode, since I am running Windows 7, and this also yielded negative results. At this point , I forwarded the link to this forum post and referenced the fact that based on the extremely random locations of the users with this issue, as well as several different ISPs, all roads lead to this not being a client side issue.

I suggested that ArenaNet attempt to host the complete update file on this (or any) website and allow us to download the entire update that way, skipping the launcher, and apply the update manually. I am almost certain the issue is with the launcher and nothing on the client side. Hopefully we can get a fix for this.

-Mord

Posted by: Mimejuice.5132

Mimejuice.5132

Same problem here, absolutely every fix I’ve tried will not work. No one in my household can complete the patching no matter what we try, we’re all always stuck at 1 more file.

We are NA.

I have submitted a ticket, #1799014.

(edited by Mimejuice.5132)

Posted by: blizt.9581

blizt.9581

I have the same problem now but yesterday I had no issues, I downloaded the game to 100% and played for 2 hours before calling it a night. However today when I got home and open gw2 I somehow had 1 file to download, which I left downloading while I did other things but after downloading over 100mbs it still shows at 0%. Would enjoy a bit of help (tried all fixes listed above but none work) or at least like to know if its been look into, since I cant hit play after logging in.

(edited by blizt.9581)

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I had this problem a little while ago. Was running with -assetsrv for quite a long time until now, but this time didn’t work.

Oddly enough, removing that and restarting seems to have worked. I’ve no idea what it could be now; Normally my first thought would be an unhappy DNS (it’s happened before with Uru, of all games), but ArenaNet uses IP addresses directly (good move IMO).

So my next thought is oddball routing, or one of the primary ‘backbone’ providers is having a problem. I’m not finding much on that front yet.

Oh well. At least I decided to do a quick login check before our missions meetup. After the complete refresh the game did last week (apparently the big lag from that Mordrem Invasion thing corrupted my install), I’m being extra cautious now.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Kain Francois.4328

Just completely formatted my comp and reinstalled GW2. Still having this problem.

It’s obviously not my computer.

Can we PLEASE have a response to at least confirm this is being looked into?

By the way, out of curiosity, for other users here, did you see this screen before the problem ever started for you?

Attachments:

Posted by: Dream.9657

Dream.9657

Same problem here. I’m from Brazil.

Blue Arremer.9628

Just completely formatted my comp and reinstalled GW2. Still having this problem.

It’s obviously not my computer.

Can we PLEASE have a response to at least confirm this is being looked into?

By the way, out of curiosity, for other users here, did you see this screen before the problem ever started for you?

Never seen it before.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

If your able to use a friends wifi or your phone, that may let you download the remaining file to your comp.

Posted by: Jetthawk.7935

Jetthawk.7935

I was having this issue myself. I had tried everything that I could find related to 1 file 0% and what ended up working for me was I let it download until it hit 20 mb, closed my updater then reopened, it downloaded to 54 mb, repeat and it ended download a little over 100mb and then suddenly it says 100% and I can now play.

Note: I would wait until the download speed dropped to 0.0kb/s before restarting the client.

Hope this works for y’all and good luck!

Posted by: Thane Krios.8564

Thane Krios.8564

I’m also getting the same issue.

Got to say I’m not too impressed with the support or lack of response on this.

Posted by: Whimseeker.1583

Whimseeker.1583

I didn’t start having this issue until I uninstalled and reinstalled the game using the latest version of the client, which I did trying to fix a different problem.
Not only did it not fix my previous problem, but it also added THIS problem on top of it.

I’ve tried all the fixes mentioned on this thread, but to no avail.

Posted by: Fate Scion.9741

Fate Scion.9741

Same problem. Tried the same fixes. No changes.

Build a man a fire, he is warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Posted by: Shuriken.8412

Shuriken.8412

Well obviously the last piece that wont download is a problem for everyone.I assume it will just grow as people are trying to reinstall the game for some reason and will turn into a serious problem affecting more and more players every day.Everyone here has the same issue with different computers,internet providers,routers,OS,Country the live in so this is a 100% ANET problem and a corrupted file or maybe there is nothing to download but the client thinks there is so its just trying to reach it but there’s nothing.
All in all don’t waste time cuz we are not the ones here that can fix this.If you have a friend playing gw2 copy entire game via external hard drive and you will have no problem,if not just wait for a response like me.

Posted by: Gynsu.9208

Gynsu.9208

In Australia.
“1 file remaining”
Have tried everything in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/SELFSOLVED-problem-with-1-2-files-remaining/page/2#post5507791 to no avail.
Haved waited up to 650Mb on a 20kbps download speed and am still at 0%.
My Gw2 file is 21.3Gb, how much more is there?
I’ve lost my patience.

Is there any word on an actual resolution for this problem yet?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Gynsu.9208

Gynsu.9208

Based in Australia.
Same issue.
Have tried everything in this thread, and the old thread, to no avail.
None of the -assetsrv work either, and I’ve tried them all.

Posted by: michcio.5094

michcio.5094

does anyone know how big is that last file? im able to download this but speed jumps from 60Kb/s and going down

(edited by michcio.5094)

Posted by: OLSinFLA.7481

OLSinFLA.7481

I am on a Mac, and I have the same issue. Tried changing the DNS, it didn’t help

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Same issue, Scotland.

Download speed jumps all over the place between 50-200kb/sec then once I’ve download about 12-18mb it usually plops to zero. Tried a few times now with no movement on the progress bar.

Posted by: Will.3129

Will.3129

Having same problem with remaining file 1 stuck. Hope this get a fix soon.

Posted by: Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

And I disconnect every 4/5 minutes
It’s impossible to play GW atm….

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

I’m having this issue as well. I have tried every -assetsrv’s that have been listed and none have helped. a few of them show up as error trying to connect to servers but the others are just showing up as “unable to connect to the server. please try again or contact support.”

I am from North Alabama, USA.

[DnT] Thief Main

Posted by: Lynch.9257

Lynch.9257

Okay so I was playing the game yesterday but it wasn’t fully downloaded yet. Only recently started playing again. Today I have 1 file remaining and It won’t let me play the game. I can reach the character select screen, and 1 of my characters manages to get into the game but then the game crashes after about a minute. Can someone please help?

Posted by: Shuriken.8412

Shuriken.8412

If you check other articles you will find that people are already reporting the 1 file missing thing and trying to find the answer..however it should not make your game crash and is unreleated to it in my opinion