Account Restored...thank you

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Achilis.3609

Achilis.3609

Keep the faith everyone. My account was hacked last Friday and was restored a few hours ago. They even changed my email address for me, which I strongly suggest you all do. I got lucky and had all of my characters and bank items. I did however lose 3g and 400 gems. Those will set me back a little bit but I am happy my account is back, so thank you ANet.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Alexixiv.4582

Alexixiv.4582

Can users please post here if their ticket was resolved and what the issue was… we could use some encouragement. Any resolved tickets. This might actually give us an idea of what types of issues are being addressed and hopefully lessen the anxiety a bit for the rest of us…

120901-018012 – Serial Key Issue

Posted by: Euphoria.2960

Euphoria.2960

My account was hacked the 30th and restored around the second or so – I believe and while it did take a bit longer than 72 hours, the issue was resolved. Still awaiting help on the Linking Issue but I assure you, they are doing the best they can right now and they have mentioned several times that they are receiving insane amounts of tickets.

Rest assured – they are helping! Also do make sure you have followed every step they ask for and give all of the details required, it will speed up the process. Refrain from making multiple tickets as well it will only slow down the process.

I know it can be frustrating but hang in there! I hope your ticket gets resolved soon

Alexixiv.4582

My account was hacked the 30th and restored around the second or so – I believe and while it did take a bit longer than 72 hours, the issue was resolved. Still awaiting help on the Linking Issue but I assure you, they are doing the best they can right now and they have mentioned several times that they are receiving insane amounts of tickets.

Rest assured – they are helping! Also do make sure you have followed every step they ask for and give all of the details required, it will speed up the process. Refrain from making multiple tickets as well it will only slow down the process.

I know it can be frustrating but hang in there! I hope your ticket gets resolved soon

Thank you very helpful!

Alexixiv.4582

i had a agent reply to my ticket but they restored the wrong account, i returned the account to the origional owner but my account has not been restored i was hacked on 30-31st and i have not been able to play since then. i really just want to freakin play, can i please get some attention it will take an agent 5 minutes to get this fixed for me. please. not demanding. im BEGGING
ticket number 120901-029070
please help gaile im lookin at you bro! halp!
and yes gaile i did update my ticket and follow procedures to get it prioritized. still no help

resolved! thank you for your help guys, my charecters been emptied but atleast hes not deleted!

YAY!! another resolved case!!!

Posted by: Dol.4801

Dol.4801

I just now got my account back on 20 minutes ago. I posted my issue up 11:58AM on 9/2/2012. To give you an estimated time on how long you may be waiting.

Lucky for me, the hacker left all my money and gear untouched. He must’ve not of gotten around to it so I’m very fortunate. I wish you the same luck, and i would say you have about 1 or 2 days of waiting left to go. and yes it’s longer than the 72 hour rumor.

Just posted that on another post, my account was hacked and it was resolved, and this is the 2nd time i’ve posted on this forums. They will definitely get to you =)

Posted by: CassiusNez.2395

CassiusNez.2395

lol looks like you were the only one

Posted by: ONEone.4823

ONEone.4823

anyone who got their ticket resolved is happily playing with lower server loads. they aren’t the only one :P

ticket: 120902-003411

Dol.4801

I’m surprised they didn’t have a field day. Though I’m still a little curious what the email address was changed to on my account. lol, i’d spam them to death.

Alexixiv.4582

I just now got my account back on 20 minutes ago. I posted my issue up 11:58AM on 9/2/2012. To give you an estimated time on how long you may be waiting.

Lucky for me, the hacker left all my money and gear untouched. He must’ve not of gotten around to it so I’m very fortunate. I wish you the same luck, and i would say you have about 1 or 2 days of waiting left to go. and yes it’s longer than the 72 hour rumor.

Just posted that on another post, my account was hacked and it was resolved, and this is the 2nd time i’ve posted on this forums. They will definitely get to you =)

Thank you for taking the time to let us know, very helpful

Dol.4801

Trust me, i was hawkeye mode on my email waiting for a response. What a long week it was, i almost bought another gw2 account, almost lost hope. lol

Alexixiv.4582

Trust me, i was hawkeye mode on my email waiting for a response. What a long week it was, i almost bought another gw2 account, almost lost hope. lol

I would just buy another gw2 game but I already have an established guild with a name that me and my friends are very happy with, unfortunately I had not had a chance to assign officers or anything so they are dieing to get me back in. And I feel you about the email watching, I actually turned email notification on my phone to make a really annoying sound so I can be on target when they respond…

Edit: After 5 days of being a slave to my phone I am starting to appear as if I have a mental disorder I am sure…

(edited by Alexixiv.4582)

Posted by: LittleSpirit.6508

LittleSpirit.6508

2 days ago. tried to purchase additional character slot. 800 gems deducted, no additional slot.

Today, just got a refund of 800 gems.

Posted by: Gray.8712

Gray.8712

I’ve been locked out of my account because of hacking for a week now 30th-6th and haven’t gotten any helpful replies so far…

Alexixiv.4582

2 days ago. tried to purchase additional character slot. 800 gems deducted, no additional slot.

Today, just got a refund of 800 gems.

Awesome, so in-game issues are being addressed, good to know Thank you LittleSpirit

Alexixiv.4582

I’ve been locked out of my account because of hacking for a week now 30th-6th and haven’t gotten any helpful replies so far…

Hang in there, hopefully this thread will give you some encouragement to stick it out…

CassiusNez.2395

anyone who got their ticket resolved is happily playing with lower server loads. they aren’t the only one :P

Lol except Dol

Gray.8712

Hang in there, hopefully this thread will give you some encouragement to stick it out…

Well I’m seriously about to just dump the account and buy a new one, get a refund later when all the noise has died down…

Alexixiv.4582

Lol except Dol

Lol, yeah I am really hoping to get people that are not able to access the game due to real life constraints that have wandered in here, or have viewed this thread just before they got resolved and have enough heart to give those of us still waiting one last hurrah as they gallop off into the guild wars 2 character screen that to us seems so distant to the rest of us…

Alexixiv.4582

Well I’m seriously about to just dump the account and buy a new one, get a refund later when all the noise has died down…

If that is successful please come back and let us know how that all went down, cant say I haven’t considered that avenue myself several times a day…

Posted by: Aero.8160

Aero.8160

I personally, bought another account,(been waiting for a week to get my original account back) and when customer support gets their act together, I’ll be demanding $80 worth of gems.

Alexixiv.4582

I personally, bought another account,(been waiting for a week to get my original account back) and when customer support gets their act together, I’ll be demanding $80 worth of gems.

I wish I had that kind of courage… hats off to you

Posted by: Aero.8160

Aero.8160

In what other industry would waiting a week and being unable to use a service that you paid for would you not get ANY kind of compensation. Even power companies in natural disasters give something.

Alexixiv.4582

In what other industry would waiting a week and being unable to use a service that you paid for would you not get ANY kind of compensation. Even power companies in natural disasters give something.

I see your point, I guess my standpoint is that I haven’t seen ncsoft imply that this was a valid option. Not saying they wont honor your demand, just saying I am not brave enough to be among the first to try it, you are a pioneer of sorts I suppose.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Can users please post here if their ticket was resolved and what the issue was… we could use some encouragement. Any resolved tickets. This might actually give us an idea of what types of issues are being addressed and hopefully lessen the anxiety a bit for the rest of us…

Great idea, Alexixiv. There are SO many people getting helped, I think it’s good to see that. Thanks for posting.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Alexixiv.4582

Great idea, Alexixiv. There are SO many people getting helped, I think it’s good to see that. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for showin some red love here

Gray.8712

Gaile if you could please give us a rough estimate of just how many people are having issues, all account related issues that is. From what I’ve seen on the forums it seems to be about 3000 or so, but I can’t exactly tell… I think it would put it into perspective of just how hard you are all working over at Anet. Thanks if you reply.

Alexixiv.4582

I’m finally back on after 8 days!! Thank you Gaile!

Another satisfied player , ticket was opened for serial key issues

(edited by Alexixiv.4582)

Alexixiv.4582

Seems like I might have three more days before I get in, that is a number I can sleep on.. .

Posted by: Dahgoth.4617

Dahgoth.4617

Response Gus via Email 09/07/2012 03:03 PM

Greetings,

Your account is no longer banned. Have fun!

Regards,

GM Gus
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

Thank you very much. Best regards!

(edited by Dahgoth.4617)

Posted by: Shiro.6841

Shiro.6841

Just wondering for people who got hacked. Did you get your items back and if so what’s the process for it? I still have access to my account but my items were all taken. I’ve been avoiding playing because i’m not sure what’s going to happen later and i don’t want to lose any progress, and also because playing is just a reminder that all my stuff got taken. Takes all the fun out of doing anything.

Posted by: prinnums.5870

prinnums.5870

ok this is ridiculous.. my account was hacked on on the first… its is now the 7Th and i still don’t have my account back nor have i heard anything about it. 120902-015175 i have done all the updating and everything they have asked why is this tanking so long people are getting there accounts back that got there accounts hacked after mine.. i don’t get it and im getting very frustrated.

Posted by: Sons.7163

Sons.7163

This is sad everyone getting there back within a period of like 3 days and her ei am sitting on 7 day
120831-015300

prinnums.5870

Yup im the same way .. its kinda dumb.. wish they would pull there heads out

Posted by: Upgrayedd.2401

Upgrayedd.2401

Just wondering for people who got hacked. Did you get your items back and if so what’s the process for it? I still have access to my account but my items were all taken. I’ve been avoiding playing because i’m not sure what’s going to happen later and i don’t want to lose any progress, and also because playing is just a reminder that all my stuff got taken. Takes all the fun out of doing anything.

im in the same situation, i was almost level 40 when i got hacked on the 3rd. had enough to buy the level 40 book now im back down to 14 silver just cant bring myself to play that much its the not knowing thats killing me

[Incident:120903-011383]

Posted by: JonasX.6045

JonasX.6045

well good news here.. hopefully will solve all of us ASAP. Just hire more people to do it!

Posted by: Ensir.1457

Ensir.1457

Glady to hear ,you back in painkiller.Same trouble here now running into day 10.
Didn’t help getting a e-mail from them tell me how to link my GW account to my GW2 account, today.
When the trouble is like you serial code on wrong account.

Posted by: trb.7052

trb.7052

looks like I’ll be spending another weekend with no GW2.

prinnums.5870

i don’t even know whats is taking them so long and how is it possiable that people that got there accounts hacked and reported it first are waiting behind people that just got there accounts hacked.. its dumb as kitten.

prinnums.5870

u have got to be kidding me u have time to edit my post but u dont have time to fix my account… wow GREAT SERVICE.

Alexixiv.4582

u have got to be kidding me u have time to edit my post but u dont have time to fix my account… wow GREAT SERVICE.

Edited your forum post or your ticket?

Posted by: Tankzilla.7052

Tankzilla.7052

I got sick of waiting, been 8 days now and still nothing. Made a new account with a new serial. Bought my first game via arenanet so will ask for a refund, if not, chargeback. I feel for you all waiting. I like how this thread is so empty, a good indicator for sure.

CassiusNez.2395

A real good indicator.. How long do you have to issue a chargeback?

Gray.8712

Today, at around 11:30 am I was granted my account back, so I guess patience does win out in the end. I know you’re all frustrated but believe me when I say that they will fix everything. They did for me .

Posted by: Chillnan.4186

Chillnan.4186

Nothing resolved for me. I was permbanned for selling gold – something I honestly didn’t do. First support issue I’ve reported was 120830-014635 on August 30th. No useful response, so I opened up another one – 120903-004472 – following the priority guidelines on September 3rd, which was marked as duplicate sometime today, without notification, response or further explanation. I’ve been waiting for ages, they look at it and instead of helping they just close it as duplicate of an even older issue? Guys, really? I want to spend my money on your product and this is what you decide to do?

It looks like this will be the second ruined weekend I have to face because ArenaNet can’t provide adequate support. The website said 72h to unban – I’m beyond this, or depending on how you count this, I’m way beyond this limit.

At this point I’m just terribly disappointed

[Bots] Elementalist, Kodash

Posted by: Derp.3264

Derp.3264

View it like this GW2 is F2P therefore they have your money and sicne were not paying monthly they dont really care if you stay and wait or move on they have your 60$ ether we have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for a pitty response and a poor response or buy a new copy just throwing more money into thier pocket. i guess you get what you pay for.

Posted by: Chillnan.4186

Chillnan.4186

View it like this GW2 is F2P therefore they have your money and sicne were not paying monthly they dont really care if you stay and wait or move on they have your 60$ ether we have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for a pitty response and a poor response or buy a new copy just throwing more money into thier pocket. i guess you get what you pay for.

Exactly. I feel scammed.

[Bots] Elementalist, Kodash

Posted by: Derp.3264

Derp.3264

no just a really kitteny support team with over a million gamers expecting so much from it. it wouldnt be that bad if GW2 wasnt expected to be the #1 mmo of 2012 they have ritefully earned thier spot and its ok let them do a kitteny job because when people are reviewing the game thier the ones that will get the kitteny rating lol. they pretty much lost the #1 spot with thier customer service. you’d think with such a highly enticipated MMO they would be more prepared but ANet is just a small dog in a big world. and have much much much more to learn if they plan on lasting in the gaming world.

Posted by: ONEone.4823

ONEone.4823

after much whining and bad attitude on my part i am finally back in the game. yes it took just shy of a week after submitting my ticket, but i am back in. i have changed my password and those dastardly hackers better not get in this time. thank you Anet for putting up with us and our impatience.

for those still waiting, you will get back in. my ticket was created on the 1st. they are making progress and you will get back in. hold tight and be kind to gaile!

ticket: 120902-003411

Posted by: The Drunktopus.7802

The Drunktopus.7802

Just got my account reactivated after 8 days!

Very excite.