Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: UrsaMaritima.8604

UrsaMaritima.8604

I came here to see if there was magically a fix since Friday night, but just more complaining. lol.

Haha, that’s these forums for you. Sigh.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I came here to see if there was magically a fix since Friday night, but just more complaining. lol.

Can you blame people though? This isn’t some small bug or glitch. Without access to the TP the game starts to become borderline unplayable because you can’t sell items, you inventory fills up, and you can’t buy items. If this affected PC and it was in the same state we are now it would be the single biggest thread in the history of the forums and I guarantee you it wouldn’t be filled with posts like, “Hang in there everyone. I know they promised a fix that didn’t happen but stay happy!”

The Burninator

Posted by: MageIanBorthwick.3054

MageIanBorthwick.3054

Can you blame people though? This isn’t some small bug or glitch. Without access to the TP the game starts to become borderline unplayable because you can’t sell items, you inventory fills up, and you can’t buy items. If this affected PC and it was in the same state we are now it would be the single biggest thread in the history of the forums and I guarantee you it wouldn’t be filled with posts like, “Hang in there everyone. I know they promised a fix that didn’t happen but stay happy!”

Quoted for Truth.

I’d dare say it would be Pitchforks, Torches and screams of “Kill the Monster!” in response. We Mac users would be justified in laughing and sitting back with popcorn and a large Diet Coke to watch THAT show.

Posted by: noor.7960

noor.7960

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

Just for the heads up, I made some diggings the whole night figuring out how to use the “crossover” and I finally made it.

TP is WORKING over CROSSOVER, but unfortunately the game is NON-playable for me. The client is so glitchy and slow, but selling and purchasing is possible as you can see in the attachment.

So what I did is gathering all what I wanted to sell in my bank, and I made one login thru crossover made the selling and purchased what I wanted and then came back to my mac client version and kept playing.

I KNOW it’s not the best solution but it worked for me and I will accept it temporary better than waiting all this time.

If you are interested how I did it:

- Download Crossover & install it.
- Downloaded GW2 “WINDOWS” Version
- Run Crossover and choose “install a windows application”
- Choose the installer which is located in “Guild Wars 2” folder in your desktop.
- You need to choose a “bottle” which is somehow a folder inside crossover to run the game. Simply choose a name and the supported windows you like. For me it worked automatically at winxp/winVista. Then hit INSTALL.
- Crossover will run the launcher you will see a quick downloading follows by an update then the real downloading which will show you somehow around 127,000 files. At that time STOP the downloading and close it. Then close crossover.
- Go to your Mac Version GW2 in you applications folder, right click then choose “show package contents”.
- Go to > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > GW2. then COPY all it’s contents into the folder > /$USER/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/GW2Setup.exe/drive_c/Program Files/ ( create a folder in here and call it “Guild Wars 2”. ) This is like 19GB I KNOW :/

- For me what I randomly did, is right click on GW2.exe and OPEN WITH > CROSSOVER

Crossover ran the launcher without downloading anything and the game started. Again it’s not playable for me, but I managed to make the TP & GEM Store works …. Temporary

Hope that I helped somehow

So, you use CROSSOVER to use Trading, however to play you use the standard client?

Yes, I only use the crossover ONLY to sell/purchase stuff. This is a temporary solution as I said. But to play using crossover for me was just not smooth. It was glitchy and slow even if I reduced my graphics settings I still get a low number of FPS ( Can’t remember the number ).

What I was doing is grinding and farming all day then collect all what I want to sell and write down what I want to buy, then switch to crossover, do the selling/buying, then go back to the mac client. Fortunately!! when you sell stuff and you wait for the profit to retrieve it, You can do that in the mac client. Just sell your stuff in crossover version, and collect the profit from mac version normally.. You can even purchase using your own credit card / paypal on crossover and everything will go smooth ( I’ve already tried that for the sake of this issue ).

All the best of luck!!

JustTrogdor.7892

You can even purchase using your own credit card / paypal on crossover and everything will go smooth ( I’ve already tried that for the sake of this issue ).

I’m sorry but I highly discourage using crossover or bootcamp to spend money on gems. We don’t want to give Anet the idea that what is going on with the Mac client is acceptable and we are willing to go out of our way to give them money anyway.

The Burninator

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

With a major content update due out in a couple of days I feel that this bug is not a high priority at this time. It would appear that none of the developers play on Mac otherwise this issue would of been picked up a lot sooner and other issues I see discussed would of been resolved.

Remember Mac version is just windows version run in cider. I would not be surprised if this was a cider issue meaning we have to wait for a 3rd part fix to resolve it.

noor.7960

You can even purchase using your own credit card / paypal on crossover and everything will go smooth ( I’ve already tried that for the sake of this issue ).

I’m sorry but I highly discourage using crossover or bootcamp to spend money on gems. We don’t want to give Anet the idea that what is going on with the Mac client is acceptable and we are willing to go out of our way to give them money anyway.

I understand and I’m totally agree with you, but for the sake of mac players who are wishing to purchase the extra char slots. Somebody had to do some sacrifice for an accurate answer to give it to them. Since ANET support team is still not answering. I never did that in the normal days “ever”. But this time, I just did it for the mac players to give them “hopefully” a trusty relieve …… hopefully !!

Posted by: reloadxox.3214

reloadxox.3214

Aww man, I just moved to the US and I wanted to buy some gems so I could transfer from an EU server to a US server. I no longer have access to a Windows computer, just a Mac. I guess I’m screwed until something is done about this.
This sucks. I was really looking forward to going back to GW2.

Posted by: PhantasmBeserker.8269

PhantasmBeserker.8269

^This comment. So much. I understand we shouldn’t be kittenbags about this, but at the same time we’re all really not able to do much with the game right now. I know I can’t, I need a few new weapons and armor sets, and my low level toon can’t even be leveled with that silly old armor of hers.

I really hope we get a few mini’s as compensation…hehe. (I love mini’s.)

noor.7960

I know I might sound silly, but would a few of mac players who are using crossovers will be volunteering to help others sell their stuff or buy them stuff they need? Since we are not getting any help from ANET and not even one reply in the last 2 days :/

If so I would be willing to stay all night on crossover helping mac users if that would make some mac players happy !!?

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

I know I might sound silly, but would a few of mac players who are using crossovers will be volunteering to help others sell their stuff or buy them stuff they need? Since we are not getting any help from ANET and not even one reply in the last 2 days :/

If so I would be willing to stay all night on crossover helping mac users if that would make some mac players happy !!?

I have done that with some guildies running windows. But…idk if anyone would be willing to trust strangers that just happen to run the same OS.

noor.7960

I have done that with some guildies running windows. But…idk if anyone would be willing to trust strangers that just happen to run the same OS.

Well, I understand it’s untrusty, but if you have anything better please let us know I just feel bad for the ignorance we are suffering from and I barely made it with temporary solution, and seeing others suffering without getting any help is just not making any comfortable. So yeah, a word of honesty and trust should be made.

I’m still insisting on helping mac players whatever it takes if they gave me a green light. I can stay all night and help them. I can even create a guild for that if you want :P and couple of volunteers would be very appreciated.

But to show how trusty is it, I really don’t know how to guarantee it. Any ideas?!

And oh btw, It’s a free help, we can deal using mails, we both go with screenshots so everyone can assure what he/she gave me, and I can even post a screenshots of the available prices to everyone here on this post!!

(edited by noor.7960)

Posted by: Romana.4751

Romana.4751

Mine has been having a problem a too. It won’t load, which is a shame because I was going to try and get some gems to buy a character slots. Data on my mac if you need it:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

And a screen cap is included

Attachments:

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

the black lion won’t be working till the 15th will it
lol i am really running out of space now have loads of yellows and exotics i want to sell .
but worst of all is i can’t buy anymore food lol .
my character is hungry XD

Attachments:

Posted by: Nekoyasha.9365

Nekoyasha.9365

My trade post hasn’t been working for 4 days. I was going to try to use my Gems to buy something + buying and selling items with gold but now I can’t. Usually when the trade post stops working it only lasts a day so this problem isn’t new but the amount of time is.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

Attachments:

noor.7960

Alright folks,

I’m willing to help you sell your stuff or purchase stuff that want with the allowed capabilities that I can handle.

- Free of Charge.
- I will be willing to help all night from now. It’s 12:20AM where I live.
- My Main Char Name: Guardian Noor
- My Current Server: Gandara
- You may ask me / send me your yellow stuff to sell them / buy you stuff you want
- In case you don’t trust, I can send you a screenshot of the prices with the suitable “way” we both can handle it easy “be creative and simple”.
- Current Location on GW2 Map is Divinity Reach, On Dwayna Statue, ( Ministers Waypoint ).

For the folks who still need help but don’t trust me ( or any other volunteer ), well I can’t convince you with anything. But wishing me luck to be able to do it is appreciated.

Posted by: markswiftgem.2489

markswiftgem.2489

Still no fix, I’m beginning to feel as if they’re planning on delaying it till Tuesday. That is not the smarter option.

Posted by: LittleKivi.6408

LittleKivi.6408

i could not even find GW2 folder under library

Posted by: Jose Sabido.3619

Jose Sabido.3619

I trusted you and the TP is still broken as my heart T.T </3

noor.7960

i could not even find GW2 folder under library

Make sure it’s under your username folder’s library, if you don’t know go to finder and press COMMAND+SHIFT+G and type: /users/$youraccountname$/library . Let us know if you need any more help!

Posted by: ace.9381

ace.9381

My bank is full, my bags are full. I need TP asap
Started today with my second character, but i think after phew hours my item will be full also so pls fix it quick

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Just here to say “Same problem, I also tried the suggested fixes to no avail.”

Sigh

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

noor.7960

Just here to say “Same problem, I also tried the suggested fixes to no avail.”

Sigh

Did you try Crossover?! Because I’m on it right now and the TP is working just fine.. But …. I can’t play for the glitch it has lol..

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

1,000 times this. It would be the biggest thread in the history of the internets.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

Highly disappointed if they don’t have the mac team working over the weekend to fix this. This is the type of major problem any company that runs 24-7 must pay the overtime and have employees that know something this important to customers requires employee and management to work long shifts and weekends.

Posted by: PhantasmBeserker.8269

PhantasmBeserker.8269

Highly disappointed if they don’t have the mac team working over the weekend to fix this. This is the type of major problem any company that runs 24-7 must pay the overtime and have employees that know something this important to customers requires employee and management to work long shifts and weekends.

I must say I agree with you on this. The TP use is a need for us Mac users too, and I had hoped they would be posting an update at least for how it’d go in the weekend. Nobody likes giving up the weekend but…yeah. This is no fun anymore.

Posted by: Piptart.2097

Piptart.2097

I’ve been keeping track of this thread for four days now, and despite the help that was offered in the beginning, it’s very disheartening not hearing from the any of the staff for a whole day—especially on an issue as. huge as this.

I know they could be working hard to solve the problem, but a small update would do wonders right now. :c

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hey all,

I’m just stopping by to let you all know that we are still working towards a resolution with the issue for the BLTC not loading that started a few days ago.

We’ll be sure to update this thread when we have some updates.

Thank you for your patience,
Sarah

noor.7960

……… !!! (sigh)

JustTrogdor.7892

Hey all,

I’m just stopping by to let you all know that we are still working towards a resolution with the issue for the BLTC not loading that started a few days ago.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for stopping by to update us but just to clarify… Does this mean it is being worked on as we speak or meaning worked on during normal business hours continuing on Monday?

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

Hey all,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for stopping by to update us but just to clarify… Does this mean it is being worked on as we speak or meaning worked on during normal business hours continuing on Monday?

This. Also, can you give us an ETA?

noor.7960

why I kinda feel that people are giving up already on ANET and went to sleep :P ?

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

Sarah’s post would indicate to me they are doing the business thing to do and working the weekend.
Business because as far as game usability especially in that the Black Lion is how they make money and in this type of area where the game is not working like it is supported to work especially in a key area you make the customer happy directly.

Now with content that drifts into the entertainment industry and giving the audience what it wants in example making things easier can often backfire. Blizards changes in WOW game from a slow leveling, heavy detail, bag filling things like ammo using game to a fast leveling way less what was thought of annoying content by some cost them huge numbers of players. Probably because things like paying for repairs make the players feel like they are in a fantasy story even if they complain about it. But that is a subject for another thread.

Posted by: Zai.1724

Zai.1724

Hey Noor thanks for the suggestion, that worked for me as a temporary fix. Thanks!

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hi Sarah,

Yes, there is a team of us that have been working on this today.

JustTrogdor.7892

Hi Sarah,

Great to hear! Thanks for the update it means a lot to us.

The Burninator

Posted by: Mark Ryan.1078

Mark Ryan.1078

Hi Sarah,

TY guys for putting in the extra time, very much appreciated.

Golden- chill thief/engi

noor.7960

Hey Noor thanks for the suggestion, that worked for me as a temporary fix. Thanks!

Glad that I could help :D

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

We believe we have resolved the issue that was preventing the BLTC from loading on the GW2 Mac Beta client.

The updated build will be coming shortly. Please let me know if it resolved it for those who could access a few days ago.

noor.7960

We believe we have resolved the issue that was preventing the BLTC from loading on the GW2 Mac Beta client.

The updated build will be coming shortly. Please let me know if it resolved it for those who could access a few days ago.

Please let us know here when the build has been pushed so we can access it and test it for you. Thank you in advance

JustTrogdor.7892

Ready, and waiting to report as ordered!

The Burninator

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Go ahead and reload the client so you can grab the latest patch

noor.7960

Sarah, Unfortunately the new build did NOT resolve the TP issue.!

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I was one who could access fine till a few days ago – no dice.

tgupdate ran, game started, spinning gold circle of doom upon attempting to access BLTP.

Restarted game just to be retentive – still nothing.

Posted by: Azrael.3149

Azrael.3149

Not working yet, but super super appreciate how late you guys are working for us!!

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

I was one who could access fine till a few days ago – no dice.

tgupdate ran, game started, spinning gold circle of doom upon attempting to access BLTP.

Restarted game just to be retentive – still nothing.

yes, still not working.

Posted by: markswiftgem.2489

markswiftgem.2489

Sadly it’s not looking good.

Attachments:

Posted by: hikari.2309

hikari.2309

Still getting that html page instead of the regular interface.

Posted by: Kirito.1528

Kirito.1528

no luck for me zzzzzzzzzz

JustTrogdor.7892

Nope still not working on my late 2012 iMac. I got the TG update download and all that. I get nothing at the TP. I restarted a few times and still no luck.

Attachments:

The Burninator