Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ormawachi.8670

Ormawachi.8670

I got a disk error at the completion at tgupdate upload, and still no joy here either

Posted by: laurencedenmark.6089

laurencedenmark.6089

yep, still nothing im afraid

Posted by: Dementicus.1482

Dementicus.1482

Not working for me either.

Posted by: RobinInSeoul.4150

RobinInSeoul.4150

Me either. Back to the drawing board, Sarah. Thanks for working late for us, though!

“Always be yourself . . . unless you suck.”

Posted by: noor.7960

noor.7960

Just to let you know guys, if you really need to empty your bags and sell your stuff, I’m still here online on crossover helping some folks, I will be glad to help others!!

Ormawachi.8670

tgUpdate ver 1.11 is the correct version? correct?

Posted by: Azrael.3149

Azrael.3149

I can vouch for Noor being an absolute Gentleman and Scholar. He helped me sell me nooby stuff and outright refused to take a cut. What a bro.

If you are desperate to sell stuff, he’s your man.

Posted by: Azrael.3149

Azrael.3149

Can’t thank him enough!

laurencedenmark.6089

is this affecting all mac users or just a few?

noor.7960

Azrael.3149 …. My Pleasure My Friend (bows)

noor.7960

As far as I know, All of Mac Users, as the problem is kinda universal. Unless someone confirms the opposite

laurencedenmark.6089

As far as I know, All of Mac Users, as the problem is kinda universal. Unless someone confirms the opposite

Geeeeeesss, kitten you heartbleed

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I rebooted my iMac completely after the update installed and after restarting the game a few times just to cover my bases. Still no luck.

Attachments:

The Burninator

noor.7960

Geeeeeesss, kitten you heartbleed

Wish if that is easy as you suggested >_< lol

Posted by: DaemonKings.3794

DaemonKings.3794

nope not working either

Attachments:

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

Oh goody, brand new problem.

Thanks to the update I can’t play the game period. The update requires OSX 10.7.5 or later. I’m running 10.6.8.

I know that technically we’re supposed to run 10.7 for the game, but up until just now running older versions worked just fine.

So, note for all older mac users: 10.6.8 is no longer a usable OS. Gotta go buy a new one.

noor.7960

Thanks to the update I can’t play the game period. The update requires OSX 10.7.5 or later. I’m running 10.6.8.

I know that technically we’re supposed to run 10.7 for the game, but up until just now running older versions worked just fine.

So, note for all older mac users: 10.6.8 is no longer a usable OS. Gotta go buy a new one.

I’m so sorry to hear that !!!! Can’t you just update your OS to the new one?! It’s Free!!

Posted by: tantibus.1986

tantibus.1986

Netflix party in my dorm until we get new build

JustTrogdor.7892

You can upgrade to Mavericks for free.

The Burninator

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Thank you for the updates all. As you can imagine, we are saddened this attempt was not successful. I will need to continue some coordination and do not have an update or eta for resolution at this time.

Blair.3796

I’m so sorry to hear that !!!! Can’t you just update your OS to the new one?! It’s Free!!

You can upgrade to Mavericks for free.

Yep, running the download now. I suppose this just gives me the excuse I needed to finally upgrade.

Just wanted to make the note for all users with OSX 10.6.8.

Posted by: Nekoyasha.9365

Nekoyasha.9365

Just tried the patch and it didn’t work for me either. Still no trade post

JustTrogdor.7892

A curious question for Anet staff, and maybe I should not have had a few beers at the BBQ I was at, but do you have someone there testing the game on a Mac as if they were an average player? I mean not using your test servers or whatever, but just logging in on a Mac on an outside network and trying to play as if you were one of us. It seems like if someone was doing so they would see that this wasn’t fixed.

I think if you had 1 or 2 people that used a Mac as a standard player a lot of these problems would have been noticed earlier. We have had gem store bug, FPS bugs, TP bugs that I would like to think would not have gone unnoticed if someone there used a Mac to play the game like we do.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Blair.3796

A curious question for Anet staff, and maybe I should not have had a few beers at the BBQ I was at, but do you have someone there testing the game on a Mac as if they were an average player? I mean not using your test servers or whatever, but just logging in on a Mac on an outside network and trying to play as if you were one of us. It seems like if someone was doing so they would see that this wasn’t fixed.

The problem with that, I do believe , is that not every mac user is having problems. Lots of us are, but not all of us. My friend is running the exact same system specs as I am, but his TP is working fine. Usually. Still a coin toss, but at least it hasn’t been broken for four days.

Point is, Anet could be doing just that, but lucked out and got a mac with no TP problems.

JustTrogdor.7892

Point is, Anet could be doing just that, but lucked out and got a mac with no TP problems.

Maybe they need more than one then if they are going to market a Mac product. :P Really I would like them to invite some dedicated Mac users into testing. This would help some Mac users do the work for them testing things. There seems to be a few people around here that really know their Mac stuff. I know it is difficult because of info leaks and such.

The Burninator

Posted by: EvesDesire.2596

EvesDesire.2596

I also still have this screen; making it very difficult to progress in the game when you can’t buy better gear. I guess I’ll take a break for a while.

Attachments:

Posted by: Xelim.3984

Xelim.3984

I think if you had 1 or 2 people that used a Mac as a standard player a lot of these problems would have been noticed earlier. We have had gem store bug, FPS bugs, TP bugs that I would like to think would not have gone unnoticed if someone there used a Mac to play the game like we do.

Most game companies have people who work in programming that have test servers as well as personal accounts on the consoles/platforms they’re working with. I’m guessing the build worked for them, or it worked in the program they’re running, and then it just didn’t work for the live game. This happens a lot with programming.

Ormawachi.8670

ok, question, my tpUpdate starts to load, then says verifying, then puts up a download error, is that what everybody’s experienceing or do I have my own problem I’m going to have to look into?

noor.7960

ok, question, my tpUpdate starts to load, then says verifying, then puts up a download error, is that what everybody’s experienceing or do I have my own problem I’m going to have to look into?

The update went smooth for most of the users, but the TP isn’t working, what kinda of error are you getting ?!

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

No, update worked for me fine. Unfortunately the TP still not working.

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Thank you for the updates all. As you can imagine, we are saddened this attempt was not successful. I will need to continue some coordination and do not have an update or eta for resolution at this time.

Thanks for keeping us updated, glad to hear you are still working away at this.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: KeairaPhoenix.6123

KeairaPhoenix.6123

And that’s another “nope” for the patch.
Still the gold wheel that never resolves.

(edited by KeairaPhoenix.6123)

noor.7960

Ok That’s it for me tonight, I can’t stay awake any longer, In case this issue didn’t get resolve. I will be happy to login tomorrow and help more people.

And thank you so much for whoever is awake and working on solving the problem and Sarah On top of that list.

Posted by: biodek.4296

biodek.4296

Patch loaded successfully, same issue here on a mac mini (I know, I know) spinning golden wheel. BLTC 2.0 coming soon I hope?

Posted by: tairazilla.4901

tairazilla.4901

nope. the new patch still doesn’t work for me either. sarah you can do it!

Attachments:

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

So…like…can you actually have some people test the patches for once? Thanks.

Posted by: eozturk.7205

eozturk.7205

Installed the patch, deleted guild wars 2 file from library folder and restarted. Nothing happened in TP wise. Also, I want to remind that I am still getting distorted colours and texture of minimap and map in wvw (Generally, the map goes in blue,red,green yellow colours, after a while textures (even the character) becomes distorted) then I get crash. This generally happens if I open map often.

JustTrogdor.7892

Most game companies have people who work in programming that have test servers as well as personal accounts on the consoles/platforms they’re working with. I’m guessing the build worked for them, or it worked in the program they’re running, and then it just didn’t work for the live game. This happens a lot with programming.

If the test server they are using to test the Mac client on is so different from the live server, then Houston we have a problem. I know you are a game design major and all, but it seems things with the Mac client are not tested properly. Gem store bug, FPS bug that cost time from a living story event, and now this. Not a lot of live server testing going on or quality checks going on there when it comes to the Mac client. That is painfully obvious.

The Burninator

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

Yes, the update did not work for me either. TP still not working. I have a OSX V 10.9.2, 2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, running Mavericks. But I wanted to say thank you for working on this and updating us over the weekend! As far as I know, no one from anet has gotten back to us on a weekend before, also lately there has been a much more prompt response to these issues, so good job =).

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Ok That’s it for me tonight, I can’t stay awake any longer, In case this issue didn’t get resolve. I will be happy to login tomorrow and help more people.

And thank you so much for whoever is awake and working on solving the problem and Sarah On top of that list.

Thanks for being one of the good ones.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hello,

We’re going to need to spend some more time on getting a patching resolution. As this could carry into the weekday, the team would like to give you an optional workaround.

1. Rename your existing application file to something other than “Guild Wars 2”.
2. Download a new “Guild Wars 2.dmg” from here:
http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/branches/Gw2Setup.dmg
(or) from the account manager on guildwars2.com.
3. Open the file and install the application. This installation should fix the certificates issue you’ve been experiencing.
4. When the installer completes and the Guild Wars 2 client begins patching, close the application.
5. Delete the new “Guild Wars 2” application that the installer placed in your Applications folder.
6. Relaunch the original application that you renamed in step 1.
7. The application will patch to the latest version.

Thank you for your patience and see you in Tyria!
~Sarah

Posted by: MrTomCruise.2401

MrTomCruise.2401

It worked, finally

Anyway, thank you Danicia & Sarah for keeping us updated.

Xactoc[RH] – Elementalist

Posted by: Poka.1850

Poka.1850

Add me to the list…

Attachments:

Posted by: Xelim.3984

Xelim.3984

If the test server they are using to test the Mac client on is so different from the live server, then Houston we have a problem. I know you are a game design major and all, but it seems things with the Mac client are not tested properly. Gem store bug, FPS bug that cost time from a living story event, and now this. Not a lot of live server testing going on or quality checks going on there when it comes to the Mac client. That is painfully obvious.

They also have people using personal accounts, in many companies, and some people who work for game companies just have personal accounts and not test accounts. But the fix may have worked for them and not us, as some people I’ve talked to in game aren’t getting the same issue all of us are. So maybe they’re the lucky few. :/

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

HOLY KITTEN THANK YOU ANET

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

Work around seams to work.

Posted by: lobsterisme.6032

lobsterisme.6032

Woot woot! Thanks Sarah! The workaround worked and was remarkably simple for a workaround. GG MAC CLIENT.

Posted by: DaemonKings.3794

DaemonKings.3794

how did u guys do it coz i cant run the installer

Attachments:

Posted by: daemon.1387

daemon.1387

The new patch didn’t work for me.

But following Sarah’s direction (renaming the application, downloading the .dmg file…etc) worked. Thanks.

JustTrogdor.7892

So maybe they’re the lucky few. :/

Yeah maybe but given how many this has affected what are the odds? I seriously doubt the Mac client is throughly tested by Anet. If it were all these past problems would have been identified. I’m looking at the major FPS crash here.

The Burninator