Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

to baby stealing dingo. Don’t reopen the renamed application. Delete the 2nd one, then return it to the original name and open it. It didn’t’ specifically say that in the instructions, but I think the rename was just to differentiate the files and prevent a total rewrite.

Thanks Phoenix; I’ve already tried this as well, to no avail. Perhaps somebody else reading this thread might have some luck though.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: noor.7960

noor.7960

to baby stealing dingo. Don’t reopen the renamed application. Delete the 2nd one, then return it to the original name and open it. It didn’t’ specifically say that in the instructions, but I think the rename was just to differentiate the files and prevent a total rewrite.

Thanks Phoenix; I’ve already tried this as well, to no avail. Perhaps somebody else reading this thread might have some luck though.

Does a Video tutorial would help you out?! If so let me know, I will do my best to record a “how-to” for everyone.

Posted by: mrvlgrl.3495

mrvlgrl.3495

so, the workaround totally worked for me when I tried it 5+ hours ago!
logged back in just now, and it’s back to a blank TP.
sigh.

Posted by: kjimmies.1850

kjimmies.1850

I still don’t understand why this isn’t fixed yet, I think after this long they owe us a little more than a one sentence explanation and workaround fix offer, which I wasn’t able to get to work. I was really excited about the upcoming update this week, and used to play this game every day. Now I haven’t touched it for about a week. Won’t be able to enjoy the update with the rest of my friends when it comes out.

I’m really disappointed Anet.

noor.7960

sigh.

Okay, your post kinda freaked me out and I had to run the game to check it. For the first instant, you were right. The TP did NOT work. BUT…..

For some reason that I got used to it, is that my provider is considered to be one of the top worst internet service provider in the world based on Google report.. So basically I use VPN to bypass IPs & hosts they suspect is not-trusty (for them).. I forgot to activate my VPN, but once activated. The TP is working again smoothly.

Honestly!! This is my first time to notice that the TP behaviour is getting affected by VPN/Proxy Protocols.. Please somebody with good knowledge to that issue confirm it.

(edited by noor.7960)

Posted by: Czar.1847

Czar.1847

Just copied the GW data/exe files to a Crossover bottle and Trading Company works perfectly first time. Definitely an issue with the Cider wrapper.

Hi shazeal I didn’t understand the details that you mentioned, but if it worked for you, can you give us some ‘step by step’ so folks that are not experts on Mac like me can follow? Thanks :-)

Note: This is really annoying Arena team. All my friends that play this game on a Mac had faced Trade Post issues before. We like your game but you have to help us here :-(

noor.7960

Just copied the GW data/exe files to a Crossover bottle and Trading Company works perfectly first time. Definitely an issue with the Cider wrapper.

Hi shazeal I didn’t understand the details that you mentioned, but if it worked for you, can you give us some ‘step by step’ so folks that are not experts on Mac like me can follow? Thanks :-)

Note: This is really annoying Arena team. All my friends that play this game on a Mac had faced Trade Post issues before. We like your game but you have to help us here :-(

Here you go:

- Go to Applications Folder > Guild Wars 2.app, right click on it and choose “show package contents”.
- From there go to > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > GW2 folder.
- Copy the GW2 folder and paste it on your desktop.
- In the meantime download “Crossover” app from their website. It’s trial for couple of days.
- Once you downloaded crossover, install it (restarting the computer would be better).
- Go back to the GW2 Folder you pasted on your desktop. You will find GW2.EXE
- right click on that and choose OPEN WITH > Crossover…

Viola, This should run the game with TP working!! Good luck

EDIT: Although this might help you with TP issue to run, but you may have a lot of graphics/game glitches. So what I recommend is you use crossover only to access your TP, then go back to your original game to play it properly.

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

I’ve tried deleting the contents of the GW2 folder in Finder. I’ve waited a week. I’ve looked forward to false promises of fixes. ANet, what the bloody hell is going on?

My game crashed recently and needed to ‘update’ before I could play again. Awesome, a patch, right? Nope. Nothing happened. ANet, we get it that you don’t give a kitten about mac users. But come on. It’s been a week.

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.

noor.7960

I’ve tried deleting the contents of the GW2 folder in Finder. I’ve waited a week. I’ve looked forward to false promises of fixes. ANet, what the bloody hell is going on?

My game crashed recently and needed to ‘update’ before I could play again. Awesome, a patch, right? Nope. Nothing happened. ANet, we get it that you don’t give a kitten about mac users. But come on. It’s been a week.

Wait, why would even delete the contents of that folder, that is critical. :O ?! The game core system has NOTHING to do with the current issue. The current issue is related to security protocol/path between their server connection and your Game core. Put that contents back to original location please

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

sigh.

Yep, happening to me to now. The workaround worked. Woke up this morning and accessed the TP to attempt to buy some gems (being pay day and all) and was greeted by a blank TP. Cant buy gems if there is nothing to click.

Very frustrating.

On a side note. TP also fails when internet is throttled

noor.7960

sigh.

Yep, happening to me to now. The workaround worked. Woke up this morning and accessed the TP to attempt to buy some gems (being pay day and all) and was greeted by a blank TP. Cant buy gems if there is nothing to click.

Very frustrating.

On a side note. TP also fails when internet is throttled

I really wish if you can change your proxy, use a hotspot shield, or even a VPN and access the game again and check if you can use the TP or not. I already did that and it worked, but I want to know from others if this is normal to happen!?

Posted by: manaflux.4986

manaflux.4986

I haven’t had access to the TP in days. It seems as though every mac issue possible has happened to me thus far… just my luck I guess :/

I finally got it to work on my third or fourth try following Anet’s instructions. A full download of the game was the only choice it gave me, but eventually it worked. (Obviously, this work-around would not be an option for anyone with a data plan.) TP worked for about an hour, now TP is down again. Oh well, I guess I had enough time to sell all the stuff that was clogging up my inventory. Without access to the in-game economy, I’m pretty much left doing map completion. I think the mac beta has worked well for me up to this point, but allowing this glitch to go on for a week is pretty sad

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

At least for a few of us this recent patch has improved the game though it didn’t fix the tp issue, still faster loading and a slightly better frame rate is welcomed though is unfortunate pre Lion OS X’s aren’t able to play it.

Posted by: ScarHead.3265

ScarHead.3265

Please… fix this issue. We beg of you!… COMPLETE BLANK GEMSTORE/TP HERE!

Posted by: AlphaDawn.9042

AlphaDawn.9042

Hi Anet and Tech support for Guild Wars 2 …. I am an avid player since GW2 launch and have well over 1500+ hours of play…
I am aghast at your inability to solve issues in a timely manner with MAC users … This is entirely inexcusable …
Come on Tech support and Anet …. There is NO reason to have so many problems with MAC let alone have those problems be allowed to make it into gameplay….
Do you NOT test your updates-patches with MAC client prior to launching for
gameplay …
UNREAL
This current problem with BLTC ( Black Lion Trading Co. ) and all of its functions not working for thousands of players is shameful at best … The game is unplayable at some point, which I am sure most of us have reached , due to being unable to sell items from your inventory as well as with progression help in crafting
( i.e.. buying and selling items ) …
There should be not only timely and swift explanations to this and all issues concerning MAC clients but this whole half kittened hack solutions at temporary fixes to this issue make me sickened ( paste this, paste that, make a dummy folder and erase lol ) …
WE DESERVE things tested for MAC before patches are released and if by some chance that something gets by an immediate response as well as a real and permanent fix …
You not only owe us this but should send some form of value back to us for all the game time you have wasted for us …
I should not feel bad for writing this or even have to write it … This IS on point and needs to be adressed …
Please get it together …
Loyal GW2 fan ( but not sure why anymore )
Ck

Hi Anet and Tech support for Guild Wars 2 …. I am an avid player since GW2 launch and have well over 1500+ hours of play…
I am aghast at your inability to solve issues in a timely manner with MAC users … This is entirely inexcusable …
Come on Tech support and Anet …. There is NO reason to have so many problems with MAC let alone have those problems be allowed to make it into gameplay….
gameplay …
UNREAL
This current problem with BLTC ( Black Lion Trading Co. ) and all of its functions not working for thousands of players is shameful at best … The game is unplayable at some point, which I am sure most of us have reached , due to being unable to sell items from your inventory as well as with progression help in crafting
There should be not only timely and swift explanations to this and all issues concerning MAC clients but this whole half kittened hack solutions at temporary fixes to this issue make me sickened ( paste this, paste that, make a dummy folder and erase lol ) …
WE DESERVE things tested for MAC before patches are released and if by some chance that something gets by an immediate response as well as a real and permanent fix …
You not only owe us this but should send some form of value back to us for all the game time you have wasted for us …
I should not feel bad for writing this or even have to write it … This IS on point and needs to be adressed …
Please get it together …
Ck

+1
Dingo

Posted by: bibifalcao.7149

bibifalcao.7149

gameplay …
UNREAL
Please get it together …
Ck

+1
Dingo

+1

Posted by: Cullyn.1342

Cullyn.1342

gameplay …
UNREAL
Please get it together …
Ck

+1
Dingo

+1

+1

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

gameplay …
UNREAL
Please get it together …
Ck

+1
Dingo

+1

+1

?1 sure I want too.
But give us what? tradable or not? Giving u a iMac head skin to distinguish you are mac player? or pets? If tradable, nothing is better than gem and gold since they are the currencies in this game. We all have different kind of favors. I’m afraid the gift can’t satisfy all of us.

Bear in mind that man is greedy, if we can get something by this incident, I think the whole forum will claim for loss by various reasons.

noor.7960

Guys, C’mon! Be realistic. Does anyone remember the beginning time of launching the game? Do you remember how many errors we had? How many bugs we had?! Don’t you see that we are still in a beta version ?! for the past 2 years we did not ask for a refund/compensation or whatever they call it (excuse my english level). And now we are at a problem like, do you really think they would ever refund us back?!

I don’t recall that ever happened in whole GW2 And GW1.. I’m not saying forget it, yeah I wish they would do that, but honestly I highly doubt that.

Posted by: DanNoland.6057

DanNoland.6057

Refunds…gifts…are you serious? I want their money spent in a working client. And don#t call it beta. This is a windows x86 port and no beta.

The fix worked for me. I appreciate your hard work! But i have to say…this is not the best way. It cant be a suitable solution to let the players fix the bugs by themselves.

I’m excited about the update tomorrow.

Posted by: EnDLesS.7982

EnDLesS.7982

gameplay …
UNREAL
Please get it together …
Ck

+1
Dingo

+1

+1

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Lets just hope they actually installed their april 15th patch on a mac and saw it launch properly. Just saying!

Posted by: HLReality.4285

HLReality.4285

Lets just hope they actually installed their april 15th patch on a mac and saw it launch properly. Just saying!

… I think it might mess up things even worse on the MAC after the 15th update :-( – but let’s see

Posted by: Last Sorrow.2937

Last Sorrow.2937

Are the client certificate(s) in question available to be deleted from keychain or something? Or, is it exclusively compiled with the client?

rMBP 15-inch, Early 2013 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB – OSX 10.9.2

Posted by: markswiftgem.2489

markswiftgem.2489

I’m really surprised this hasn’t been fixed yet. I’ve tried to do all of these other options but none have proved to be a success. I really hope this is fixed by tomorrow as this is beyond ridiculous and very concerning.

Posted by: Compuman.3962

Compuman.3962

Its a shame for such a big company those bugs keep so long before patched. Its over 3 day’s now. The amount of information given by the developers is even worse, they just sometimes post a random post about working on it. Or there MAYBE is a patch/workaround. Its a big shame for a company of this size the fixes take so long and the communication with the players is so worse.

ANY NEW E.T.A. WHEN IT’S FIXED?

Maybe we should ALL send in a bug-report, so they get flooded with the bug-reports, maybe… maybe… they will start fixing it then.

Posted by: nibu.8963

nibu.8963

I’m not gonna rehash all of the comments of how difficult it is to fix things like this from a development standpoint. You guys just need to cut their tech team some slack. This is a complex issue and even if they are working full time could day days/weeks to find and fix.

I am posting just to add as another Mac user so hopefully they can make it a higher priority.

If theyre not working on it, shame on them because it is a pretty limiting issue for us Mac users. I, however, choose to be optimistic and believe they are devoting the right amount of resources to it and that it might just take some time to get it fixed right.

Posted by: Dothl Lai.5829

Dothl Lai.5829

I’m not gonna rehash all of the comments of how difficult it is to fix things like this from a development standpoint. You guys just need to cut their tech team some slack. This is a complex issue and even if they are working full time could day days/weeks to find and fix.

I am posting just to add as another Mac user so hopefully they can make it a higher priority.

If theyre not working on it, shame on them because it is a pretty limiting issue for us Mac users. I, however, choose to be optimistic and believe they are devoting the right amount of resources to it and that it might just take some time to get it fixed right.

Good luck to it, BELIEVER.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

The right amount of resources certainly hasn’t been met as it’s still an issue, though we did get a workaround 5 days into this mess, many users still cannot use the tp. Can’t say for sure how hard they have worked on it even if they are moving heaven and earth now clearly there was some weakness in what they did in the past or else it wouldn’t have become such a problem. Maybe they will get a bigger mac team in future and we’ll have a brilliant experience but that remains to be seen. Be useful if we knew just how many of the millions of Tyrians play the mac beta and how large the mac support staff are, at the very least we have a slightly better idea where we stand. If they are stretched too thin sure that’s no consolation but at least we can plan better for any future crises… 5days is enough time for a mini holiday, or people could have done some overtime at work if they knew it would take days for any simple solutions…

I don’t think some compensation is even generous in this case as I’ve been in several games that did compensate when servers were bad etc, yet to see this from Anet myself. I’d still rate this as my best mmo game to date despite some grievances, I’m not going to quit if we get f all as compensation but never underestimate the power of word of mouth, sure someone here said so what if a few of us leave cos of this it affects no one, well if they tell all their circle this bad experience it may spread and prevent some future customers for the game… We can forgive mistakes but how someone tries to make amends is what we judge and again I think people have been very reasonable here with their complaints, even the most heated posts I can’t fault.

Well I’d be in a better mood if not for the fact it took me over 30mins to get past yet another email authentication, a minute is usually enough, finally got past it just as I pretty much fill out a form to send to support… I merely wanted to just add this post but now I learned even the forums may require authentication from time to time?!

All in all though if we’re to keep playing this game we have still have some hope in Arena Net handling things better, we’ll find out soon how good this feature pack is. Hopefully I won’t need to come to the forum to report new bugs…

(edited by Yifang.8260)

noor.7960

I hate it when I still see other mac users are suffering. Just for the record, When the fix came up the TP only worked when I was using VPN service as my ISP is kinda stupid and blocks any suspicious paths. Today I can confirm that the TP today started to work without using any VPN/Proxy Service.

I’m not sure if I should be happy or not. The TP after this issue is loading even faster & smoother!! I’m not complaining, but why now!? I just discovered that I’ve been suffering for the past 2 years with the slow loading ( this is more like mixed feelings )

AND I’m wondering, since SarahWitter suggested those steps to fix the problem after the new build. As a result some people got the access while others didn’t, does that mean their job here is done?! Because unfortunately Since that day I never saw any response from ANET or Support Team. PLUS, they even sent me an email of survey to rank their quality of service, which they only send it when the issue been fixed :S

Posted by: ChaosBlood.9801

ChaosBlood.9801

I’m redownloading the game right now and I hope the issue has been fixed. It’s been nearly a week since I first noticed this “inconvenience” affect us MAC users. It’s unacceptable that it has gone on for nearly a week. I hope it will soon be resolved with the upcoming QOL patch.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Thank you for the updates all. As you can imagine, we are saddened this attempt was not successful. I will need to continue some coordination and do not have an update or eta for resolution at this time.

I’m sorry, but don’t you have a QA department with a Mac to be able to test things before you actually release them?

Please tell us you have something in the works for tomorrow.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: TheBlackerSheep.6358

TheBlackerSheep.6358

I finally got BLTP access yesterday evening several hours after implementing the fix (I’m in Europe, so morning for most of you). Since then it’s gone back to it’s normal spotty access. Log off, log back on until I finally get access.

Is anyone from Anet reading any of this? It would be good to hear from you today.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

to all those that Sarah’s rename/partial download/delete/rename is not working for:
first, are you sure you did it right? (you do not need to download the entire 20GB update)
second: what version of OSX are you running?
It seems like this works in OS 10.9 (Mavericks) but not 10.7 and earlier?
The wiki says GW2 requires 10.7 or later, so I guess that would mean that 10.7 is no longer supported?

noor.7960

to all those that Sarah’s rename/partial download/delete/rename is not working for:
first, are you sure you did it right? (you do not need to download the entire 20GB update)
The wiki says GW2 requires 10.7 or later, so I guess that would mean that 10.7 is no longer supported?

If you are correct about MacOS version. This means there is a high probability the new patch might need the latest version of Mac Mavericks !!! hmm

Posted by: MajesticShadi.4186

MajesticShadi.4186

According to https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/log-in-tomorrow-for-free-transmutation-charges/ the latest news, you will be able to get free transmutation chargers. Altho as for the mac users we wont be able to obtain these because you have to go to the BLTP under the section promotions.

Can I assume we are able to use the BLTP by tomorrow because of this news?

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ i would hope so.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: ScarHead.3265

ScarHead.3265

Mac users = No Free Transmutation charges for tomorrow? :O

Posted by: Thistle.1659

Thistle.1659

I for one would really adore some Free Transmutation Charges but since Im a lowly Mac user am I kitten out of luck?
Even when the BLT does work for me which is always scattered on and off (and it hasn’t at all in the past 5 days or so) Its only once in a blue moon that I can get the buy gems tab to open.

And it conveniently won’t work for me whenever promotions are going on so I always miss out on goodies like %20 character slot expansion

(edited by Thistle.1659)

Posted by: markswiftgem.2489

markswiftgem.2489

No free Transmutation charges for us I guess…Gotta envy those PC users haha.

Posted by: DaemonKings.3794

DaemonKings.3794

i cant even run the installer

Attachments:

Posted by: Dothl Lai.5829

Dothl Lai.5829

So where are all the promising staffs now? Working your butts off huh? I see what you mean.

Posted by: Suzaku.6780

Suzaku.6780

I’m still having the same problem with the bltc.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m on 10.8.4 on my iMac and finally gave in and decided to use the work around and it worked. One important thing I found is that if you play under different users on your Mac you need to do the work around on each user on the Mac.

The good thing I saw as there are gem store freebies still there for us. A bank access, instant repair and gathering booster.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: orangetang.9647

orangetang.9647

I really wish the black lion trading company worked. I just started playing and find this a necessary tool for character progression and crafting and just plain fun to browse. It’s bad enough I can’t use the auction house but it also is the only way to get gems and take advantage of promotions like character, bag and bank slots.

Will you extend these promotions for the mac community?

Posted by: Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

The do-it-yourself workaround . . . hilarious.

Someone takes their car into the dealership because it isn’t running properly. The car dealer says, “Yep, there’s a problem with this model.”

Owner of the vehicle says, “Will you fix it?”

Dealer says, “I can, but rather than repair my work I am going to give you the parts and tell you how to fix it yourself.”

Brilliant.

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

This is such B/S I guarantee we will magically see a patch for this when they release this large patch on the 16th or whenever its due to drop. I am so beyond fed up with Anet and its inability to support platforms that it states it supports. It is bad enough there still is not a native mac client and that going on 2 years of beta. I would love to see a spreadsheet of how much money Anet has made from us Mac users since release. So that when people on this platform start walking away Anet cannot sit there scratching their heads wondering what just happened.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hey all-

Checking in here- we are still working on getting an update that patches automatically. This will remove the need to do the workaround mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thank you,
Sarah