Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Anbu.6481

Anbu.6481

Before reading about the workaround, I removed the game and reinstalled. Everything is working for me now.

It might just be fixed cause it started to work for me when i checked 2 hours ago and i didnt do anything at all

Posted by: markswiftgem.2489

markswiftgem.2489

Before reading about the workaround, I removed the game and reinstalled. Everything is working for me now.

It might just be fixed cause it started to work for me when i checked 2 hours ago and i didnt do anything at all

It’s definitely not fixed but you did get me excited enough to jump into game and check

Posted by: Anbu.6481

Anbu.6481

It’s definitely not fixed but you did get me excited enough to jump into game and check

Dang.. guess i just got lucky at that time.. back to not working again..

Posted by: Egotist.3940

Egotist.3940

This is incredibly irritating because it shouldn’t be up to US… The CUSTOMER to fix the problem, that’s why we give them – the developers our money. This is plain assinine for this bug to have been going on for this long.

[Blackgate] Blackout Barbie |
You can call me queen bee.

Posted by: swoosh.1468

swoosh.1468

i have the same problem and tried everything, please fix this.

Posted by: YepImRobbie.9481

YepImRobbie.9481

Still not working for me…

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Still not working for me…

Well, today’s patch isn’t live yet…..so……

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

Have some of you all above tried this?

I found the instructions could use a little more clarity. To help out here is what you do:

1. Go to your applications folder and rename Guild Wars 2 to something else. I renamed it to Guild Wars 3 to keep it simple.

2. Use the link above to download the .dmg

3. Open it and click on the installer.

4. Once it is done go to your applications folder and open the new, “Guild Wars 2” application. If you named the old file Guild Wars 3 like I did it will be right beside it.

5. Once it opens let it run until you see it doing the update, “X number of files out of 200,00 files” or what ever that number is for the total files. I used 200,000 because it is something like that.

6. Now you can close the application, you don’t need to let it finish downloading. Just make sure it started patching first. Then delete the new “Guild Wars 2” file in your applications folder.

7. Rename the file you renamed in step one if you want to back to “Guild Wars 2”. I just did this for clarity.

8. You should be able to launch the game now and see if it works.

Note, if you use different user accounts on your Mac you will need to do this for each account you want to play GW2 on.

If you are not sure how to rename a file I have attached and image on the easy way to do it. Right click the file, select get info. Under name and extension just change the “2” at the end of Guild Wars 2, to a 3 and click the “x” to close the window and the name will be changed.

I hope this helps some of you because from reading this thread it seems there has been some confusion.

I can confirm this fix works, and it only takes about 5 minutes. I just did this for my wife’s Mac computer where the TP was inaccessible, and upon next login it worked great!

Be patient when you try it again – the TP took about 10 seconds to reload the assets for each UI tab, but all tabs are up and rolling great now.

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

Posted by: EnDLesS.7982

EnDLesS.7982

I paid for the account and you do nothing when we have the problem

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello all,

We do understand that you are all frustrated and wish this to be resolved. The team is working on it, I promise. We know you are also tired of that expression, but it is a valid one.

Our only request is that while you are expressing your frustration or debating, that you do not insult our staff or circumvent the profanity filter. We have been very understanding regarding expressing frustration and disappointment, but have less understanding when you insult our team.

Thank you for your continued understanding and patience.

Posted by: poison.5973

poison.5973

Thank you KarakeKid for rephrasing the instructions, worked like a charm for me

how did u guys do it coz i cant run the installer

Lemme try to restate her instructions:

Download the file from the link she left.

Open your “Applications” folder and get info on what is currently your “Guild Wars 2” Application. Once “get info” comes up, rename that to “OLD Guild Wars 2”.

Back to the dmg file you downloaded, double-click that from wherever it landed (ususally, your “Downloads” folder).

In the upper right hand corner, click (or double click, depending upon your machine’s preferences) the “Guild wars 2 installer” you will see.

Wait a sec… a progress indicator will show up and run for a few secs.

when it goes away – WAIT (prolly a good 15-20 secs)… this is the part where it’s modifying system files (this step in particular is what they couldn’t get to behave itself earlier) and creating the Guild Wars 2 folder structure in your Applications folder.

After that period of time passes, the typical GW2 startup screen will pop up and begin to download files. Ctrl-Q that… you don’t really wanna download 17 GB.

NOW go back to Applications, delete Guild Wars 2, and rename OLD Guild Wars 2 to Guild Wars 2.

Run game as normal, go to TP and buy all those Sharp Claws I threw on there earlier today from my Linux box (I need the Gold!!!)

markswiftgem.2489

Hello all,

We do understand that you are all frustrated and wish this to be resolved. The team is working on it, I promise. We know you are also tired of that expression, but it is a valid one.

Our only request is that while you are expressing your frustration or debating, that you do not insult our staff or circumvent the profanity filter. We have been very understanding regarding expressing frustration and disappointment, but have less understanding when you insult our team.

Hello Danica,
I was just wondering if we would perhaps be seeing the trading post again today or tomorrow?

Posted by: Sagittarius Cassandra.5089

Sagittarius Cassandra.5089

Thank you so much Danicia and the team for continuing the efforts to solving our problem.
The fact that you’re still helping us and giving us updates, even when patience is running so low, is enough encouragement for me to chill and wait for the final resolution.
I love this game, and a little hiccup in the system that lingers longer than a few days is not going to make me hate or disrespect anyone involved with the fix.
And for my fellow Mac users, even if these past days have felt like an eternity with no fix, eternity is not summed up in a few days. Soon enough this will all be behind us and we can go back to enjoying the Black Lion Trading Company.

Posted by: Brain Wash.4098

Brain Wash.4098

So are we going to get some kind of compensation for having to salvage/merch all of our drops for the past week? I kinda miss market prices!

Lankybrit.4598

Can’t even tell us whether there’s a fix in the patch today Danicia?

Updated every Monday

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Can’t even tell us whether there’s a fix in the patch today Danicia?

CC said they are working on it. I take this as meaning the fix isn’t there yet and probably don’t expect it in the patch. Who knows though. They could be working hard to work it into the patch before it goes live but I doubt they will hold back the 4/15 patch much due to the Mac bug. Then again I could be wrong.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Ray of C.5490

Ray of C.5490

I would just like to thank the members who are able to find ways to fix issues with the MAC client and let us know. I don’t get quit as flustrated as others when I have issues with my MAC because I also run a Windoes machine. But I do prefer the graphics on my MAC.
And I must agree with CC Dancia. Insulting the team is no way to act toward the people working to fix our issues. I’m just glad to see communications from them. I came to this game from another game, my first MMO, where the company just gave up and didn’t do anything with the game for over a year and a half before they finally just pulled the plug. They wouldn’t even communicate with the players. And we were paying a monthly fee.

Posted by: Jadjuka.6521

Jadjuka.6521

I would just like to thank the members who are able to find ways to fix issues with the MAC client and let us know. I don’t get quit as flustrated as others when I have issues with my MAC because I also run a Windoes machine. But I do prefer the graphics on my MAC.
And I must agree with CC Dancia. Insulting the team is no way to act toward the people working to fix our issues. I’m just glad to see communications from them. I came to this game from another game, my first MMO, where the company just gave up and didn’t do anything with the game for over a year and a half before they finally just pulled the plug. They wouldn’t even communicate with the players. And we were paying a monthly fee.

Was that game by any chance EQ Mac before it went free? Because I remember that. And I don’t expect a fix with this patch but I’d rather them take their time with it than rush it to meet the patch deadline.

Posted by: Starwood.5846

Starwood.5846

I’m grateful for the team. I’ve been having a blast playing GW2 on my MAC this last yr. I don’t play very well but all those who are patient and help me out are absolutely Most AWESOME! I’m looking forward to the fix as well as the new features.

Posted by: Eldermash.5134

Eldermash.5134

Take your time guys (just as long as we get a piece of mail with some free transmutation stones hehe >.O), don’t hold back everyone’s new patch release with all the awesome changes you guys came up with just because the TP on our Mac’s need a fix. Thanks for the hard work, an awesome free to play MMO (that even works on a Mac!) and all the free content you put out for us to enjoy. This game is beautiful and a joy to play.

Posted by: OriginalConcept.3821

OriginalConcept.3821

The suggested fix worked but it has recently broken again.

The top bar of the Gem Store works. Everything else is stuck in endless loading or a blank screen.

Posted by: noor.7960

noor.7960

I just came back to this post and I’m kinda shocked and surprised that still some players couldn’t access their TP. I noticed that when a lot of people kept asking me to help them sell/buy them stuff…

For anyone who is desperate to sell or buy something from TP. I’m online the whole night and will be helping others as usual.

You can meet me in DR, Gandara Server, My name is Guardian Noor..

It’s totally free of charge, and I will be happy to help

Posted by: midnightcity.1879

midnightcity.1879

Patch hit and still this issue is not fixed. T-T Can’t use the wardrobe system without being able to purchase the transmutation charges.

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

We have identified and resolved the certificate issue that was preventing the Black Lion Trading Company from loading in the Mac Beta client. The certificate was reissued by our data asset manager as part of the Heartbleed bug prevention. ArenaNet, LLC was not infected by Heartbleed and your information remains secure.

For some players, the BLTC is still not performing consistently.. While we are tracking on this issue, unfortunately we are not able to provide a timeframe for when it will be resolved.

We have made this patch to GW2 Mac Live and have removed the workaround previously mentioned.

Posted by: Dragoncon.4780

Dragoncon.4780

Hello all,

While this is very annoying as far as playing, my main issue is during this entire time, we can not take advantage of promotions on the trading post, such as the 5 free transmute charges today and with how long this has gone on, its possible we are even missing entire items many of us want but are only up for a limited duration. Is there any chance of mac users being able to get these once the issue is fixed?

As to those insulting, keep in mind that while this issue exists, they are not able to make any money from us via the gem store. I would assume that would mean it is a high priority for them to get working

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Um, TP broken with update … The initial page only shows gem count and the horizontal menu (nothing else), and clicking on the menu appears to do nothing so I can’t get my charges

Posted by: Xelim.3984

Xelim.3984

As of right now, with the update, my BLTP is working. I didn’t do any of the work arounds.

Lankybrit.4598

For some players, the BLTC is still not performing consistently.. While we are tracking on this issue, unfortunately we are not able to provide a timeframe for when it will be resolved.

We have made this patch to GW2 Mac Live and have removed the workaround previously mentioned.

Why on earth would you disable the workaround?

Updated every Monday

markswiftgem.2489

We have identified and resolved the certificate issue that was preventing the Black Lion Trading Company from loading in the Mac Beta client. The certificate was reissued by our data asset manager as part of the Heartbleed bug prevention. ArenaNet, LLC was not infected by Heartbleed and your information remains secure.

The BLTC isn’t working at all, nothing has particularly progressed for myself since the patch went live. I hope that we’ll be able to see a fix this week. Understandably it will take time to repair but two weeks of waiting slowly becomes a nuisance. Even still thank you for the support you’ve been giving us. I just can’t really buy anything or get any of the special sales and I feel really left out haha.

Posted by: castle.3412

castle.3412

hello ,

I think the issue you arnet have with the mac users is complete unfair , for all of us . I think that , you guys sell us a product that should work 100% and this is not happening . We are loosing a lot of opportunities with the new update. and the only answer you guys gave us is you have to wait . But how much we have to wait for this issue to be fix . Im just reading around and there is people with this problem over a year ago and you guys never find out about it. I think you guys have to gave us some explanation about what going on and you need to gave us the same things that you are giving to the Windows users . I hope u fix the problem fast. But arnet u have to gave us an explanation whats going on with the tp and all the new items you are suppose to gave us like you gave it to Windows users . We bought this game and i think we have the right to ask for explanation that arnet team never gave us . the only answer is WAIT.

Thanks

Posted by: Jadjuka.6521

Jadjuka.6521

So now even if I go back to page 11 and use the work around, nothing will happen? And can anyone confirm if this are running for them?

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Well you unfixed the BLTC for me. It will not load since the patch.

Edit and now guild chat doesn’t work. id say i was surprised but of course I’m not, well see you in a week, ante

Edit 2: chat doesn’t work at all period the end. whispers say the person isn’t online when they are

(edited by Nageth.5648)

Posted by: Ellipih.6021

Ellipih.6021

Still not working for me. Problem started about 1-2 weeks ago. It’s not all that annoying except for the fact that now I am missing out on some deals I’d rather not miss like the one for the character slots and transmutation credits.

I just feel like mac beta overall needs a better/bigger support so that problems get fixed as quickly as with the windows players. (because I noticed that the first message about this topic was 9 months ago) Sometimes it kind of feels like that because we play on a mac we should deal with problems (some ppl on the chat even tell me exactly that: ‘oh then why don’t you buy a pc, mac is not for gaming.) But I think that mac could just as well be a wonderful gaming platform if only the perspective of the gaming industry changed on it and focus on making great versions for mac as well.

Posted by: SyNyxthete.2104

SyNyxthete.2104

Hi,
It’s also not working for me anymore since the new patch. I used one of the work-arounds a couple? of days ago which allowed me to clear my inventory at least, but now the gem store is not loading and I can’t buy gems! Which is a pain since all the new stuff is only available for a day…
Is there a way we can request to buy the items outside of the gem store? Through the forums perhaps? I understand these issues take time to fix, but we mac users are missing out on special offers while this happens. Knowing we could still obtain the items on sale would go a long way to making us all more patient

Posted by: Ravenger.9056

Ravenger.9056

Hi Sarah and team,

TP was down for me last week as well, but worked after weekend patch and workaround. Thanks for that.

However, as of patch today Gem store is now down. I was able to sell stuff, but cannot access Gem Store.

Would also like to gain access to certain free and promotional items that are available today (transmute charges, for instance). So hopefully the offer can be extended … or something.

Look forward to seeing what can be done.

Thanks

Posted by: castle.3412

castle.3412

Gem store is working for me but i can’t but or sell item in the trading post !
some one can ?

Posted by: knightblaster.7420

knightblaster.7420

Same for me — patch has it not working again.

Posted by: Eiko.1329

Eiko.1329

after the TGupdate patch today, mine was sort-of working. i logged out and did the old delete GW2 folder trick(see post #2 in this thread). now it seems to be working normally.

Posted by: Piptart.2097

Piptart.2097

Now that the workaround has been removed, the Trading Post is once again blank. The Gem Store won’t load, along with all the other tabs. Can the workaround please be added back since the new patch didn’t resolve the issue, and so that we can enjoy the game like all the other players?

Posted by: SilentRain.5324

SilentRain.5324

Thank you so much for all the hard work you put in trying to fix the BLTC problem. Currently the TC is working for me after waiting maybe 5mins for it to load. I understand if I have problems later but for now thank you!!!

Posted by: Ellotez.5847

Ellotez.5847

after the TGupdate patch today, mine was sort-of working. i logged out and did the old delete GW2 folder trick(see post #2 in this thread). now it seems to be working normally.

Guys this worked for me it should work for you all please try this before anything else. steps are here:

1 Click on the “Finder” icon located in your dock or the desktop of your computer to make “Finder” the active program in the finder menu bar.
2 Hold down the “Option” key on your keyboard while clicking “Go” in the finder menu bar. A drop-down will appear.
3 While still holding down the “Option” key, click on “Library” in the “Go” drop-down.
4 Once in the Library folder click on Application Support > Guild Wars 2
5 Move the entire Guild Wars 2 folder to the trash and then empty the trash.
The next time you launch the BLTP it should load up.

Posted by: Manu.6247

Manu.6247

well after 2 weeks of no tp i cant really play , we cant get money or anything we need to play , also this last 2 weeks Anet gave some free items , well we missed all , wvwvw same thing slow motion way so i guess im one of the people that will leave the game , you guys did nice work on windows stuff mostly , but mac is what we know since game start ,even to buy gems i had inumerous fights with TP, i played gw1 for almost 7 years and was really fun and decent , when i got gw2 i was really happy i could play in a mac cause i dont have any gamer computer sadly all went wrong , i guess its time to move , good luck guys and pls help this people that wanna play and didnt think on leaving , hf !

Posted by: Teimei.3890

Teimei.3890

While I was waiting for the patch today I finally did the workaround. It worked perfectly and I could use all parts of the TP.

I logged off and on when they announced the patch and the first patch worked fine. I did again about an hour later and got the new mac patch and it’s still working for me. I’m a happy camper.

Thanks for fixing it.

I’m running a completely updated 10.9.2. Glad I did that update as I had been on 10.6.8 up until last month. Though if I’m not multitasking and just playing the game, I do reboot to Windows 7. I’m on a Hackintosh circa early 2008 that thinks its a late 2009 iMac.

Posted by: Sagittarius Cassandra.5089

Sagittarius Cassandra.5089

The TC is fully functional for me now. Just had to wait a couple of minutes of it all to load up.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, it is back working for me again. Took about 10 relaunches, though.

Hopefully they fix this chat problem that everyone is having.

Posted by: lanshark.3108

lanshark.3108

Everything’s working for me now, thanks Anet!

Posted by: Ray of C.5490

Ray of C.5490

Was that game by any chance EQ Mac before it went free? Because I remember that. And I don’t expect a fix with this patch but I’d rather them take their time with it than rush it to meet the patch deadline.

Judjaka,
The MMO was Pirates of the Caribbean Online from Disney.

Posted by: Ravnak.4096

Ravnak.4096

Working again for me after the update, thanks!

markswiftgem.2489

It’s working for me now!

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

bltc is still broken. Chat’s fixed, thank the six. It’s been almost two weeks, ANet. Please. For the love of whatever higher power you want to believe in. Fix this soon.

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.