Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: kwdav.8526

kwdav.8526

I haven’t had further correspondonce regarding my account since saturday, i log in today just to check and see if i’m still banned and now i get a message saying:-

“We have detected that your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual. for your security , further access to the account has been suspended until this matter can be resolved. to restore acces to this account, please contact support and one of our representatives will assist you”

Thing i was wondering was if this was my account getting sorted after the false gold selling ban or if it’s an entirely new issue.

Posted by: Slive.9053

Slive.9053

I guess I’m luckier than most, as my access was restored after only 40 hours.

However, while my ticket was still open I noticed that my account status changed from ‘banned for botting’ to suspended and said my account was compromised. I did not detect any evidence that my account was compromised – no missing items, characters in the same place, etc. In fact I was playing when the ban initially took effect.

My account actually was hacked before, which is why this worries me, and since then I have taken precautions to prevent it from happening again. Originally I had a weak password, then went on vacation a week after headstart, and came back to a suspended account that had been emptied.

But it has me worried that it could have happened again though. So I’m wondering if ANet made a mistake and tried to cover it up lol. Mistakes happen, that’s fine but I wish they would have just told me so I don’t have to worry. However, if they did not make a mistake and detected a compromise before I lost anything, that’s amazingly awesome.

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Its been 3 days since I’ve submitted my ticket about my terminated account for apparently selling gold when i didn’t, and I still have no reply, not even an e-mail from them and still I cannot log into the game.

Posted by: Elementalist Than.8379

Elementalist Than.8379

Hey i was just banned for apparently bottling and I was not and I already sent a ticket in. Is there anything else I can do?

Posted by: Teldec V.6203

Teldec V.6203

Just got banned for botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behaviour.

I have done none of the above, unban me pls

121105-002568

Teldec – SoS

Posted by: ziofanoo.2917

ziofanoo.2917

just got banned for same reason as Elementalist Tan….. “botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behaviour”
ofc i NEVER did any of this…..
when banned i was farming in frostgorge…
wth..plz unban me…

Posted by: Evisceration.8107

Evisceration.8107

“Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated due to botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behavior.”

Seriously? First of all, I didn’t do any of these things to warrant a permanent ban, much less a suspension. Second, botting/afk/macros, these are all separate offenses. This automated message leaves it up to me to GUESS why I’ve been banned, instead of providing a clear reason. With a message like this, I don’t even know what to dispute because I don’t even know what the offense is. On top of that, ANet doesn’t even have a support line to call, in order to expedite un-ban requests. Absolutely ridiculous!

On an unrelated thought, if ANet is indeed handing out bans for swearing, I’d like to offer some advice. The maturity/profanity filter is a useless feature. Might as well just remove it and call it a loss.

Posted by: creny.6273

creny.6273

On same boat here seems i got wrongfully banned (they can check my chat box i play with a friend all the time) i hope i get my account back soon seems like is not a so uncommon problem atm, hopefully game bot detection stop making wrong pops at ppl that play game without using those tools (i have a black willow keyboard that have macros keys but i dont use them dont know if that affected), i would like proccess be speeded cuz been a while now and seems is a growing problem.
ticket 121105-002431

(edited by creny.6273)

Posted by: Slive.9053

Slive.9053

@Evisceration.8107 – same thing happened to me, just log a ticket and they’ll take care of it. At least they are trying to do something about the bots.

@others – support doesn’t read this thread, it’s just for player discussion

Posted by: ziofanoo.2917

ziofanoo.2917

darn, happening to many ppl today…

Posted by: Tyridian.5769

Tyridian.5769

I got booted and blocked out too. Think maybe I leveled too fast for one afternoon. Time to spread the time out between characters.

Posted by: Revco.4702

Revco.4702

I just got the message that my account was terminated as well, due to botting, extended unattended play etc. I have never done any of the listed and sent in a ticket. Did they just do a wave of these as a lot of people are reporting this?

Here is to hoping it doesn’t take them as long as some of you to get this fixed.

Posted by: Punico.6341

Punico.6341

My account has been terminated.
I’m not that contrary to the rules.

Posted by: Boazon.7254

Boazon.7254

My account was recently banned and I am extremely outraged. I farm in Orr alot since it is the best place I have found to farm. I have reported constantly all the bots in Orr that are so obvious since they all look alike and are naked from dying so much. But evidently since I am a Ranger (like the bots) and use a brown bear (like the bots) I am immediately accused of being a bot. The thing that makes me mad the most is my guild mates all say that all the NAKED RANGER BOTS are still in game NOT BANNED! I spent alot of my hard earned dollars on Collector’s Edition and Official Soundtrack not to mention the hundreds of dollars I have spent in gem store and to be accused of botting really pushed me over the edge. I have reported atleast a hundred bots myself because I dont want them to ruin this game like they ruined other MMO’s. Anet please resolve this and restore my faith in your company.

Ticket 121105-002500

Boazon.7254

My account was recently banned and I am extremely outraged. I farm in Orr alot since it is the best place I have found to farm. I have reported constantly all the bots in Orr that are so obvious since they all look alike and are naked from dying so much. But evidently since I am a Ranger (like the bots) and use a brown bear (like the bots) I am immediately accused of being a bot. The thing that makes me mad the most is my guild mates all say that all the NAKED RANGER BOTS are still in game NOT BANNED! I spent alot of my hard earned dollars on Collector’s Edition and Official Soundtrack not to mention the hundreds of dollars I have spent in gem store and to be accused of botting really pushed me over the edge. I have reported atleast a hundred bots myself because I dont want them to ruin this game like they ruined other MMO’s. Anet please resolve this and restore my faith in your company.

Ticket 121105-002500

Posted by: mauser.2381

mauser.2381

I’m apparently in the same boat as a lot of folks. I have 3 toons under lvl 20 (new player) and maybe 30 silver between the 3 and minimal Trading Post transactions. I let my 7 yr old play for a while yesterday(she likes the char creater part most), she created a silly name & quit playing when she got bored without logging and I get a ban today. Talk about baby & bath water solution.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

Boa, as your guild leader, I really hope that anet are able to resolve this in a timely manner. It’s quite frustrating to see one my most active guild members banned and still see all these bots running around.

Arena Net please resolve this, and figure out a better way to deal with your botting issue.

Posted by: Wenzzom.2309

Wenzzom.2309

@Boazon.7254 – Welcome to the club.

Posted by: Dakirah.1892

Dakirah.1892

My account has been wrongly terminated. It says I have been terminated due to botting, extended unattended play, using macros etc. There IS a bug where if you AFK out of the game you’ll end up at the character screen but your toon with still look logged on. This happens to me only when I afk out of the game. (Btw.. it still shows I’m online although my account has been terminated.) This is ridiculous that I’m now in trouble for this bug and frustrating also.

Ticket support #121106-000131

I hope there is some compensation for this somehow.. I know you’re trying to help the bot problem but you’ve literally frusterated several people that are being accused of this crime and punishing them for it. You need to come up with a different way or fix this problem or a lot of people will be swapping games shortly.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

The team will respond to your ticket as soon as possible. The number of false positives is very small, but agents review each situation with care and they will update you as soon as the review is complete. I see from your ticket that you included a lot of good info, so thank you for that — it should help the process.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Evisceration.8107

The number of false positives is very small

With all due respect sir/ma’am, I believe “very small” is incorrect. The system used to catch cheaters is far too aggressive.

(edited by Evisceration.8107)

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

With all due respect sir, I believe “very small” is incorrect. The system used to catch cheaters is far too aggressive.

Gaile is a lady, but I do agree with you.

Evisceration.8107

@Evisceration.8107 – same thing happened to me, just log a ticket and they’ll take care of it.

Ticket was submitted less than 10 minutes after I was disconnected. Thanks for the comment though

Posted by: Dakirah.1892

Dakirah.1892

Far too inaccurate I’d say, especially for not even having a decent customer support to help out the accused. At least with other MMO’s I could call customer support and get it resolved that night. I understand the heavy measures with banning bots since it’s their money support, but you’re hurting people that could potentially buy later expansions or gems… Very frustrating.

Posted by: Bennigan.1074

Bennigan.1074

My Account has been suspended for an account issue.
I’ve logged a question with support around 6 hours ago and just got back the generic message.
“Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

We are in the process of investigating this issue for you and you should receive an update as soon as we have more information to provide. We may need more time if you contacted us on a weekend or holiday, but someone will respond to this support ticket as soon as possible."

Does anyone have an idea what it might be? I haven’t used any third party software, or been disruptive/offensive to anyone. I just got the game 4 days ago and now when I tried to log in this morning i got this.

Posted by: Perim.8563

Perim.8563

Well, I had my account restored after it was blocked for ‘assisting with gold/item selling’. I am happy that I can access the game again, and that it appears that nothing has been taken from my characters.

That said, I am unhappy about this whole situation. I haven’t been given any explanation for what caused this. I saw my ticket change from ‘blocked’, to ‘hacked account’, to ‘access restored’ all with no communication done with me. All I received was an email stating that my account had been unblocked and my password was reset along with instructions on how to change it myself. In my original ticket, and also in a follow up I had asked what had happened and why I had been banned in the first place. That is still unanswered. Someone apparently decided that I could be unbanned, but cannot yet tell me why.

For my own security, I really need to know what happened. I did not receive any odd authentication emails, and none of my stuff is missing, so I really doubt that I was hacked. The current login list for my account as shown on the site here is useless, since all it shows me is one or two recent entries instead of an actual history. I’m left to wonder though. Do I need to hunt down malware and change passwords everywhere, or can someone be honest and say that they messed up? Was this some automated ban? I kind of feel bad keeping my ticket open since other people need help, but I cannot get an answer. This never should have happened, and I don’t want it happening again.

Braïn – Engi, Mimirr – War
[HOPE] – Fort Aspenwood Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Veydis.6702

Veydis.6702

Can’t see my first reply. I too have been banned no warning email or anything. Worst thing Ive done is accidently revive a naked botter in an area event. Can they at least check the account out first, its not like I run around naked, I’m in a guild thats been established over 10+ years, I craft, I pvp ect… played swotor a year and half and no problems. What BS and as far as not chatting, as some say in other posts, I use Mumble for a reason only pay attention to chat in PVP

Posted by: hhhhhhh.9672

hhhhhhh.9672

Omg!! My account was terminated today!! It said I’m a botter!! What’s going on? I’m not a botter!! I think there is a mistake and what should I do now??

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

@hhhhhh

Submit a ticket and wait for support to help you. Be patience, ticket queue is 24-48 hours.

Posted by: Thorn Wiegraf.1935

Thorn Wiegraf.1935

I too have recently been banned. I think it may have something to do with using multiple internet IP / accounts. I live in Taiwan China (And I am NOT a GOLD FARMER) and recently bought the game only for it to have banned me after registering and approving three different IPs, one of which seemed to time out every thirty minutes or so. The only problem is, the bandwidth in my location on my router is quite poor, and there are many public wireless connections roaming about. . . so I tend to use others as well. . . I’m wondering if using multiple IP addresses is an issue, though I didn’t see it in any code of conducts?

Anyways, I too am just waiting to be unbanned now, and I just want to say thank you for making this post up here so I can read those who have had their problems solve. It’s always more comforting to know other players have also been found out and seen having problems which are soon solved. I really like Guild Wars 2, and feel it’s worth every dollar spent. . would be a shame to lose my account / character due to . . well, I am not even sure what is wrong. :S Seems rather random to me, but I am not so worried now thanks to the support here. So thank you.

Zaken.1806

Thorn, do you live in Taiwan or China or both places ? I would think the IP detection will avoid the proximity of IPs. If you have not submitted a ticket yet, you should do it so the support can help you with it.

Thorn Wiegraf.1935

@ Zaken,
Yes. I submitted a ticket… but I’ve actually sent duplicated tickets because my original two tickets did not contain the content I had written up.. ((I had to re-write my explanation a few times )) _

I live in Taiwan, not Mainland China. All of my IP should have been connected from there. . . All I can do now is wait. Hope I can get back into the game, because it feels strange being banned only after playing for two weeks and.. well.. only trying to connect to the game to have fun … Haha.

(edited by Thorn Wiegraf.1935)

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

@Bennigan.1074

Account Issues mostly mean that you purchased a serial that was bought with a stolen credit card. Maybe at ebay or another not official reseller.
It was detected by ArenaNet that they have not bee paid for that account and therefore its suspended.

D.

Thorn Wiegraf.1935

Your Guild wars 2 account has been terminated due to botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behavior. Attempting to automate gameplay through any means or attempting to circumvent idle-time restrictions in any way is a violation of the User Agreement Rules of Conduct. The account closure is permanent.

But I have never botted . used macros, automate gameplay through any means to avoid the “idle-time” restrictions… I mean.. i think i go afk to go to the bathroom for maybe two-three minutes tops, but that is about it. With my bad connection and having to switch IP’s arround, I often disconnect, so I suspect this was the biggest problem . . .

Hope it really isn’t permanently terminated. I feel anxious to play, but the only thing I can do now is be patient, wait, and read the forums… _

Posted by: Nevern.1275

Nevern.1275

Hello…..i have a problem, I can’t log in my account, my error r code 45:6:3:2114, i sent a ticket to support, but problem still exist,I resewed email from support, they told me waiting, but it been 4 days ago
i play in game only one day(((its very sad, Help me please

Attachments:

Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

@Thorn Weigraf

I highly doubt it’s due to AFK in game as well. I AFK quite often when I make dinner. I would play a few minutes and go afk and check on food then back to the game. It has never been a problem for me.

As for IPs, you really have to wait for support and see what they tell you.

Best of luck to you.

Boazon.7254

Account reinstated in less than 24hrs, thank you Arenanet you have restored my faith. Please continue to be vigilant on the TRUE bots in the game.

Teldec V.6203

That’s very reassuring to hear. Hopefully mine will be reinstated soon, I’m itching for some WvW. Thanks for the update Boazon

Teldec – SoS

Posted by: NightShine.3849

NightShine.3849

Please fix my account. This just happend to me and I have never botted. I was fighting in WVW jumping puzzle when myself and one of my guildies ( i know because we were talking on vent with others) were both banned within 1 min of each other. This is not ok…

Teldec V.6203

Submit a ticket to support mate, it’s the only way you’ll get it resolved.

Teldec – SoS

Posted by: Walentine.5841

Walentine.5841

Hi all, my account is just banned about a hour ago. I sent a ticket of course and of course im not a bot and have no any thirdy party program, im just using the guild chat with my friends and we are a moderated group of players. I was farming mobs and suddenly get the “banned” message. I played GW1 and AION for years, so i know what are the rules and i respect them. At all I was banned… the first time in my life and of couse I dont understand WHY. I hope in some days my ticket will be accepted and i can continue gaming, BUT HOW? Because I played in the correct way and get banned for nothing. All the rules are respected and banned. So here is my question: what i need to do/or not to do/ for not get banned?? Just think about it…

121106-002448

Posted by: NightShine.3849

NightShine.3849

My account just got perma-banned for botting? I have never used a botting program in my life. I was in the middle of pvp when my game came crashing down… Please fix this issue asap. Find better methods for catching cheaters so that innocent people do not get caught in the crossfire!

Posted by: Baozai.3817

Baozai.3817

I guess this isn’t something new created couple of new chars with names like aslkdfjd to transmute and transfer some start up item skins and was banned acouple of hours later… My ticket number is 121106-002335 hoping to get some help or a reply, thanks.

(edited by Baozai.3817)

Posted by: OneLegend.3179

OneLegend.3179

With all due respect sir, I believe “very small” is incorrect. The system used to catch cheaters is far too aggressive.

Gaile is a lady, but I do agree with you.

Agreed.

Posted by: dazydee.1509

dazydee.1509

I bought a serial on ebay and cant log in right now, because of “account issues”.

I know buying on ebay is risky and I am to blame,…

But the way its done totally rubs me the wrong way. When they suspend the account, they do it for a reason, but I do not get any info. No Email, no status in account management, no info on login, why I got locked out….

I cant go through account management to file a ticket, I have to make a new support account and regurgitate all the info I already told them….

I like the Game, but this bugs me to no end…

Posted by: user.7601

user.7601

Account has been banned for a day with no response from Anet. Ticket 121106-000468. Please help I would really like to play.

Posted by: user.7601

user.7601

I have the same issue, and I have not done anything I was accused of. I am in the same boat as you. Support ticket was submitted a day a go.

Posted by: LilitDison.3476

LilitDison.3476

When i try to log in i get a message saying your account has been terminated due to botting ,extended uninteded play, using macros or similar behaviour.I do not use any third party programe or macros . The last event i completed had bots farming in the group event kill the eye of Zhaitan patrolling the kings passage , does this mean i assited the botting . I may have also been afk for some time in WVW and now i get perma ban. Incident: 121106-000965

(edited by LilitDison.3476)

Posted by: JPB.2476

JPB.2476

Was just playing WvW game disconnected, try to re-log and my account is terminated for ‘botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behaviour.’ Needless to say I have not committed any of these offenses.

Left feeling rather shocked.