Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hero Of Time.1053

Hero Of Time.1053

I pre-ordered Guild Wars month’s ago from Gamestop and got the Collectors Edition, and have been playing since August.

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

Hero Of Time. I can’t guess why your account is having issue. The only thing I can guess is maybe someone tried to access your account and it was blocked by ANet since you got your game from GameStop. Send a ticket if you have not done so. Only support can help you. Forum mod doesn’t do ingame support.

I asked Drachdhar because he said he just got the game and installed it then banned. It sounds like one of those case that happens with third party online seller key. That’s why I asked if he got it through official site or not. If he got his key from official site, then I have no clue either.

Posted by: Deaths.9165

Deaths.9165

i find it helpfull that ppl are posting their banns even if the forums are closed. thousend of players get banned for nothing. And without thouse posts we wouldnt even know that ist a major issue of anet, they have still to solve. 1 hours ago their was a false positive bann wave again and ppl are using this forum for their agony.

Hero Of Time.1053

It did say to change my password recently but i ignored it.
The question I have is how could someone try to access my account?

Posted by: Hentai.7519

Hentai.7519

So just a heads up to everyone. I recently got banned for botting on my account. Which obviously I wasn’t, but this happened to me anyways. If you’re reading this thread and have also been banned for this reason then you might find this interesting. If You’ve farmed in the cursed shores anytime from Late October till now in November, and spent more than about 2 hours there, then that is a great possibility that this was the cause. I’ve read plenty of threads and followed them back to their creators and asked a few follow up questions about this issue that seems to be plaguing respectable members of the game. 9 times out of 10 yes they were in that area farming Karma, or Exp to level up or save up for their gear. It appears that if you want to avoid being banned that you avoid this area of Tyria because it is unsafe for players due to the high amount of botting that people have been spotting. It’s sad that you can’t enjoy a game fully because of other people’s lack for the rules. I am currently waiting for my ticket to be answered so i can jump back in and enjoy this game. I thought however that it would nice for me to use this spare time to bring this to the attention to my fellow GW2 fans. I hope this helps anyone else who was wrongfully banned for botting. Often time’s the ban will not come right away but a while after for some reason. So don’t fret you did nothing wrong. There seems to be a fatale flaw in the bot catching system. Let’s just hope that Arena Net can solve this issue so we can reclaim the Cursed Shores From the Risen Army! :D

Attachments:

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

Look at the top of this forum page and click on “Support”, then click “Ask a Question” and fill in the ticket form. Make sure to choose the most appropriate category. After submitting the ticket check your email, because the support system uses a different login than the game itself, so you should get an email that will ask you to set up a password so you can then sign into the ticket system and view the status of your tickets.

The ban could have occurred for a variety of reasons, but most commonly people are either banned for suspected botting or goldselling or due chargebacks on the account key or gem purchases. Sometimes the ban is accidental, for example due to flaky detection systems, but it’s also possible that your account was compromised and you got banned for something someone else did on your account that you were not aware of.

In the case of chargebacks it sometimes happens that the bank, or creditcard company or even a family member reverses the transaction unintionally causing an account lock, but more commonly it’s the result of a fraudulently obtained game key – this happens a lot with keys purchased from online resellers (like cd key shops), which sometimes originate from criminals who use stolen creditcards to buy them. The resulting chargebacks lead to the keys being disabled and the associated account being locked.

Posted by: Drachdhar.7016

Drachdhar.7016

Bought it via the GW2 main page…

Hero Of Time.1053

Yeah I did a ticket, thing

Drachdhar.7016

or the Shop if you will… https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

Hero Of Time.1053

I have bought gems from them Gem store in the past, and i just did buy 4 gem cars from Gamestop, but that was with a gamestop card.

Posted by: Paas.2951

Paas.2951

Hello everyone, My account also got suspended today… I have no idea why.
I am pretty much a noob, and am pretty pissed off that i cant play today.
Espcially since today i bought a new pc, with a nice graphic card, so i can play guild wars 2…

Posted by: Evisceration.8107

Evisceration.8107

@Gaile Gray

While I respect the fact that you took the time to reply to my thread, in detail, I notice that you ducked my question. We know that you’re working hard to fix this. What we want to know is what you’re doing to fix it. We deserve to be in the loop, since we’re being hit hard with so many bans. I honestly don’t think it’s asking a lot to be informed.

Posted by: Ruith.5861

Ruith.5861

Yesterday I was playing as usual but suddenly the game crashed and then..ban for botting, using macros exc exc. I’ve never done such things, I did a support ticket….and still nothing.

Mine crashed too, in Cursed Shore. Then wrongfully banned for botting. I have submitted a support ticket about an hour ago now. Sad to read that you still haven’t received a response after 24 hours. This is terrible customer service. I bought the digital deluxe version, and have already spent an additional £34 in buying gems from ArenaNet. I hoped that this would be going to pay for customer support and great new content. Sadly it seems I was mistaken.

I am hopeful that eventually someone will sort out our issue, as it is clear that many of us are getting the same wrongful bans.

WHAT WE NEED IS SOME KIND OF OFFICIAL COMMENT FROM ARENANET PLEASE

Edit: I have just found Gail Gray’s post from about 30 minutes ago, so I guess that rules out any official response. I am waiting for the response from customer support now, so I can get on with helping my guildies in a dungeon…

(edited by Ruith.5861)

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

Drachdhar, contact support. Another thing you can check is your credit card, I know there are one poster’s family did a charge back on the purchase and the account was then suspended.

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

I have bought gems from them Gem store in the past, and i just did buy 4 gem cars from Gamestop, but that was with a gamestop card.

My guess would be either you were accidentally flagged by the botting auto-detection system, someone compromised your account, or the gem transaction you did directly through the gem store screwed up somehow.

The only way to find out what happened is to send in a support ticket and ask them why you were banned and that you aren’t aware of having done anything wrong. While they do read the forums, they don’t deal with account issues here – the ticket system is the only way to get them to investigate, otherwise the account will just stay locked.

I know it sucks to be banned, but all you can do is contact support and be patient.

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

This is my first post on the forums and I am extremely frustrated and angry. Over an hour ago, I saw a strange message (unacceptable behavior or something) which appeared for like 1s and then the game shut down. I attempted to log back in, and I got a message that my account was banned due to botting. I’ve since posted 2 tickets to Support and I am still waiting for an answer.

I’ve been a gamer all my life and I’ve never got banned from any game I’ve played in over 15 years of gaming.

I’ve never botted or macroed or anything of that sort in GW2. My crime could have been that I was near “Petinent Waypoint” in “Cursed Shore” at the time, waiting for some DEs to start, and farming a bit till my guild mates decided on which dungeon they wanted to run (we were on TS when this happened).

I had logged into the game for less than an hour today and I was at the place for less than 30 minutes. I mean, I barely play the game these days, and just casually and for a few hours a day when I do.

So, My question is: how do you, Anet, determine if a player is actually botting or not?

I am asking because I simply cannot understand how you can identity me as a botter and ban me. I’ve also read a lot of similar reports from other players who got falsely banned.

Does being in a certain part of the map, like near “Petinent Waypoint” in “Cursed Shore”, automatically flag you for being a bot, since there are droves of bots there that go untouched for the most part, even after I report them repeatedly?

If another player falsely blanket reports a bunch of players in that area as bots (including bots and normal players), do you ban everyone as a lump sum without checking?

Suffice to say, I expect my account to be reinstated as soon as possible, but do you offer any compensation for falsely suspending or banning accounts, especially that sometimes the support takes a long time to respond and lift the bans?

(edited by Treplos.5182)

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

In other MMOs like Lineage 2 and Aion I often spent 12-16 hours per day farming same spot for weeks at a time. I did the same in GW1 during holiday events, farming the same quest or group of mobs over and over each day for hours on end.

The reason for this isn’t just minmaxing, it’s because doing the same things over and over doesn’t require as much concentration as running around everywhere trying to figure out what to do.

In GW1 when there was a holiday event I could pretty much farm raptors with my eyes closed, or rather, I’d farm raptors while watching entire seasons of interesting TV shows or marathon some movies.

The last time I touched the event chains in orr was somewhere between october 12 and october 14, because that’s when I finished the karma needed for my legendary weapon. If that’s what caused someone to think I was a bot I would be very surprised since I was constantly talking with people in local, party, guild, and map chat while doing this(and watching TV) and I didn’t follow any set patterns, I went where the events were.

Posted by: Eurydemus.9825

Eurydemus.9825

A buddy of mine just messaged me to tell me that he has been permanently banned for botting. He crashed when he logged in today before receiving that message. Yesterday he was doing Plinx/Balthazar runs for a very long time.

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

Posted by: Janks.9356

Janks.9356

I doesn’t think it has only to do with this area because I got today the same nice message, surprise, surprise … but I have not unlocked cursed shores, with any of my toons. My main toon is a mesmer not a ranger! May I just do to much damage?!

It is definitely not funny to get the account permanent banned for just playing and enjoining the game! Can a Bot do the same?! But may I play too much …… -.-’

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

i find it helpfull that ppl are posting their banns even if the forums are closed. thousend of players get banned for nothing. And without thouse posts we wouldnt even know that ist a major issue of anet, they have still to solve. 1 hours ago their was a false positive bann wave again and ppl are using this forum for their agony.

Thousands of botters banned? Yes. But only a handful, a small number, are terminated in error.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Hero Of Time.1053

i mean, i do hop around randomly, and run into walls and such, so that could be mistaken for botting?

Cerise.9045

But only a handful, a small number, are terminated in error.

One is one too many :/

GW2 is an amazing game and I would like to keep playing it. This is the 4th time an error in the abuse detection system has happened to prevent me from playing the game properly.

(edited by Cerise.9045)

Posted by: ziofanoo.2917

ziofanoo.2917

“We regret that deeply, and we work constantly to improve the processes (which are not automatic, by the way) to avoid false positives”

so all this mess is due to poor logs reading?
let me better understand: if i like farming a lot or playing the trading post, or leaving my toon idle while surfing wiki (aka, playing the game as it should be) could I be confused with a bot, because of my logs !?

can’t believe it works like that…..
LOL, please….

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Thousands of botters banned? Yes. But only a handful, a small number, are terminated in error.

Its just botter that could be ban this time or did you guys go after other reason?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Kieser Soze.8561

Kieser Soze.8561

GW2 is an amazing game and I would like to keep playing it. This is the 4th time an error in the abuse detection system has happened to prevent me from playing the game properly.

The delay in a official response makes it worse

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

GW2 is an amazing game and I would like to keep playing it.

Obviously one is one too many, but this is a human process and in any process there will be the occasional error. If you demand perfection, you will never find it. If you expect excellence, you’ll find it in Guild Wars 2, from the game to our commitment to serving our players.

What? Where did you get that idea? Thousands of bots are terminated a day. A few — a very few — are errors, and we deal with them as quickly and as fairly as possible.

As I have said, most of these are dealt with within hours. I don’t know how quickly you’d expect them to be addressed, but reinstatements due to error are a priority and will be handled as quickly as possible, as fairly, and as thoroughly as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Cerise.9045

Obviously one is one too many, but this is a human process and in any process there will be the occasional error. If you demand perfection, you will never find it. If you expect excellence, you’ll find it in Guild Wars 2, from the game to our commitment to serving our players.

What? Where did you get that idea? Thousands of bots are terminated a day. A few — a very few — are errors, and we deal with them as quickly and as fairly as possible.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate all the work you and the rest of the team put into making this game amazing. But I really care a lot about this game, and when something like this happens, venting on the forum is pretty much the only thing I can do in my free time. I’d be playing the game if I could. (I have a second account but it’s not as much fun as playing on my main one, I feel like I’m not getting much out of my time spent playing the 2nd account when that time would be much better spent on my first)

Ruith.5861

Would you be able to state how many have been terminated in error? It feels like a lot at the moment, not just a small number.

From what I have read on Reddit and here, people are experiencing similar problems to me. They have been describing in detail their behaviour, and it seems that the false positives are going to those who spend long hours running events in Cursed Shore. Please do all you can to sort this out as quickly as possible. It is creating a bad image for the game. We have legitimate grievances that ought to be addressed quickly please.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

You’ve been banned/unbanned three times before? I would suggest looking for patterns in your play style that lead to the appearance of botting or whatever and change what you are doing to avoid this kind of thing in the future.

ziofanoo.2917

“Thousands of botters banned? Yes. But only a handful, a small number, are terminated in error.”

hundreds of posts stating the same things: can not believe we can be all liars, just the opposite.
Even if you were right, should tell us what kind of actions or common software could create false positiveness.
Since I did not bot, according to you, only 4 people are telling the truth? naaaaaaaaaa

btw there are just too many players banned, repeating the same thing over and over: maybe your poor implemented detection software gets fooled by a software many ppl use (firefox?, adware?)….

Cerise.9045

You’ve been banned/unbanned three times before? I would suggest looking for patterns in your play style that lead to the appearance of botting or whatever and change what you are doing to avoid this kind of thing in the future.

I already posted what my play style is like, 90% of it is WvW, and that doesn’t involve anything that could be related to botting.

I’ve been playing MMOs and other online games since 1997 and this is the first one where I’ve ever been banned from playing the game, at all. I’ve never even gotten a suspension.

(edited by Cerise.9045)

Kieser Soze.8561

That’s asking to much from players. If we are working on leveling while questing and @ any point of the completion or near the completion of the map you will run into bots.

should we stop & go somewhere else (just to encounter more)? or finish our quest even if the cross our paths?

Drachdhar.7016

Well… My bank account still says the money is spent so… Guess there was no chargeback, not that I know of anyone being capable of doing such a thing for MY credit card on my bank account.

Drachdhar.7016

And no answer to my tickets yet… Will postpone any thoughts of playing until after next sleep cycle then :/

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

As I have said, most of these are dealt with within hours. I don’t know how quickly you’d expect them to be addressed, but reinstatements due to error are a priority and will be handled as quickly as possible, as fairly, and as thoroughly as possible.

Well, I’m at the 24 hour mark and still no response.

Posted by: bhamhawker.1278

bhamhawker.1278

I just got home from work today to find the “terminated for botting…” message. Last thing I did last night was a jumping puzzle…and then I get home a bit early today and can’t play.

Hopefully they get to my ticket quickly. What are the response times like?

Cerise.9045

And no answer to my tickets yet… Will postpone any thoughts of playing until after next sleep cycle then :/

I want to go to bed… but I’m scared I’ll miss the support response. First time this happened I slept 3-4 hours each night until I was able to play again.(and when it was lifted I fell asleep and slept for 12 hours)

(edited by Cerise.9045)

ziofanoo.2917

3rd day just started with out any reply from support

Posted by: rohff.4816

rohff.4816

If they think we are a botting, will they answer us or leave us without response?

Posted by: RMStrooper.7291

RMStrooper.7291

I just got a email from support with this in it:
’Hello,

The issue you’re reporting will require a bit of additional investigation.

I am escalating your ticket to a Senior member of the Account Login Team to further assist you. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as the issue has been fully reviewed.

Thank you for your patience,
Adonis
NCsoft Account Suppor

I hope this will get resolved soon for me and the other innocent people here.

RMS Trooper ~ The Phoenix Legend [TPL] ~ Gandaran commander

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

I just got home from work today to find the “terminated for botting…” message. Last thing I did last night was a jumping puzzle…and then I get home a bit early today and can’t play.

Hopefully they get to my ticket quickly. What are the response times like?

The response times are abysmal. It’s past 24 hours for me and some people have gone to 3 days.

ziofanoo.2917

@RMStrooper
ty mate,
when did you issue your ticket?
[Incident: 121105-002749]

(edited by ziofanoo.2917)

Posted by: RMStrooper.7291

RMStrooper.7291

@RMStrooper
ty mate,
when did you issue your ticket?
[Incident: 121105-002749]

Around 3 hours ago.

RMS Trooper ~ The Phoenix Legend [TPL] ~ Gandaran commander

ziofanoo.2917

hmmmm mine 3 days ago…
looks like they have huge loads from past days

Ruith.5861

Thanks for the info on the contact you have received from them. It gives us some hope.

Posted by: inactivehyperaddict.6759

inactivehyperaddict.6759

Ok…im writing this message now to inform the other players affected that i happily got my account back after a day of no-playing…so don’t lose hope guys!!! thanks to all players who initiated this and ask for the support people’s help, of course now that i’m a happy norn again i wish you guys could have more patience with this matter…if it is clear that there’s no issue you’d get your account back…although i know the feeling at first which is depressing. JUST BE PATIENT….“coz it’s a talent” and thanks to arenanet for the quick fix…and lastly, I’m still waiting for the reason how and why it happened coz it’s really really scary…if this was a mad king post-halloween trick then it definitely got me….!

Kieser Soze.8561

121107-000540

Just re launched the application, got a little excited since I saw it was downloading a new build. The excitement was short since the lovely account botting message showed up again. – sigh

Posted by: Thorn Wiegraf.1935

Thorn Wiegraf.1935

I’m not really sure how they deal with it, but I think having an appropriate topic when you submit your support ticket must help. I’m on day three now, but others have had there problems fixed faster.

Anyways, don’t give up hope.

Posted by: JPB.2476

JPB.2476

To those awaiting responses I would recommend re-logging every so often.

Although my account is still blocked/suspended the log-in error message has changed. I am no longer falsely accused of botting. Instead I am being informed that unauthorized access was made with my account. Although I don’t believe this to be the case as I have the e-mail authenticator and saw no changes to any of my characters or play time (shown with the command /age). I was not messaged by the support team on my support ticket regarding this log-in change but it does show progress and I’m sure the support team will help me out.