in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Please read

Hey folks,

Let me give you a couple of updates about this thread. Again, this is not an official thread, and we’re not looking at this thread to find people we can help (because we have others means to do that, see below).

If you care to join in in this thread, you’re joining a player-to-player conversation, acceptable in our forums if the conversation remains positive and helpful. This is not where you follow-up on your ticket. Please do not submit a ticket and post here; that will not accomplish anything. We offer a means to follow up after three days, if needed. (See below)

Some notes:

• If your account is terminated for botting, contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.
  • Generally you will be helped very quickly (the average is well under 24 hours) but if you find you still need help after three days, feel free to post in the [url=If your ticket is three days old or older, you you are welcome to post in the Tickets for Review thread and we’ll get it on our review list.
  • Don’t post here repeatedly, or heatedly, or as a call to get everyone to pick up their great swords and make this a crusade. If your posts consist of the same repeated complaints, you are putting your forum privileges at risk. This sort of commentary contributes nothing to our ability to help players or to correct any issues related to false positives and we truly want to help!
  • We know there are false positives. When you’re banning thousands, there is some chance that an innocent player will be banned. We regret that deeply, and we work constantly to improve the processes (which are not automatic, by the way) to avoid false positives.
  • Most importantly, you should know that a number of the people in this thread posting about their “unjust ban” are, in fact, botters. They may be RMT workers from a foreign country; they may be the guy down the street who is using a bot program and doesn’t think we can detect it. Not everyone is guilty, for certain! Not even the majority posting here are botters! But equally certain, not everyone protesting an account termination here is innocent, either. Please keep that in mind when you read this thread: The volume of posts, or the heat of the protest does not equate to the actual number of innocent players.

And again, we want to help, and we will, if you file a ticket and let us review the case.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

But is it that hard to simply say some one is looking at your ticket? To just leave ppl hanging for 1+ days up to more seems a bit cruel. Truth be told i am only coming at this from my point of view but i am going out of my head over this.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Eldindor.7614

Eldindor.7614

2 of my firend accounts terminated yesterday also, since this morning i am reading this thread, and its obvious that somethng wrong about this anti bot system. Each minute s.o wtire that his/her account terminated. One thnk i dont understand that why any of Anet support team give any information about this issue.?what is coused or when they gonna solve this? there lots of people pissed of about this issue.

Posted by: Cain.9724

Cain.9724

I havn’t received any emails regarding my issue yet, but.. earlier today my account was logged into cursed shore and WvW for several hours by what could of only of been an employee since my account was terminated for botting.. is this normal?

Caen [SM] – Thief
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

(edited by Cain.9724)

Posted by: kev.8549

kev.8549

I have had my own share of experience with support. It took me 13days before I got my account back. Just keep on asking for updates from them, even if they don’t respond. You have the right to ask them about your case and they should respond to you.

4 of my guildmates got banned too yesterday for botting, which was kinda mysterious because they were in the same party and they all got disconnected and banned altogether at once. The entire guild believes they are innocent and we’re really positive about it. We hope for them to get their accounts back as soon as possible because we don’t want to lose active guild members (and helpful players in our server, plus great defenders in WvW) just because of this falsely banning.

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Breeze.1273

Breeze.1273

Banned for something related to gold selling. Entered Day 3 since I got ticket up(Ticket No. 121106-003136). getting tired to wait. I wanna share my case with u guys.
1) Digital Edition bought thru buy.guildwars2.com/en
2) paid by Visa Check Card.
3) No 3rd party program except VPN for better ping.
4) I have fluid IP.
5) No gem, No gold trading at all all thru ingame or out
6) I’m not working for RMT company. I dont even know what RMT company is.
I dont still understand why I got banned. really wanna know the reason at least.
U know what, Arenanet doing now is like ’ Hey u look like criminal, put him in the jail!
prove urself or not gonna see the daylight again’ I do respect game rules, real life rules, I hate gold seller and any abuser but this is too much action. In common sense manner, I dont understand how u arenanet guys can charge someone only with suspect, or situational evidence. u may say it’s just a few case wrongfully banned but as I see, it’s not. see how many ppl got restored from banned (I’m not talking about how many ppl insisting they’r innocent) have u ever experienced this before in anygame? ok I can take suspended for investing on related to gold selling but cant take permanant banned without specific evidence. do u guys think sentence and put someone in the jail without any notice, warn, evidence before trial is right? or am I only one who think this is not right. Even if I get my account restored, I’m not sure I can continue to play the game with the stress tht I could be banned again for uncertain reason anytime. I hope u guys all get restored soon.

Posted by: Triagon.1843

Triagon.1843

24 hours average?
there is people unbanned after 4 or 5 days.
And this ‘cause of a system fishing in a lake good and bad fishes?
If I was a cheater or a botting player wouldn’t be impossibile to pay another account
and go on doing that, perhaps trying to avoid being caught. 59 Euro is not an impossible amount for those who enjoy that kind of play.
But I’m not, and I won’t certainly get another account if mine won’t be unlocked, ’cause i didnt cheat or bott or afk played.
A customer Service should be better than simply relying on a Ticket, which can remain open for days, as i can read on most of posts.
Is it considsered afk play if i go to toilet for 5 minutes leaving char in fornt of a merchant? or go to eat something leaving ranger or mesmer inside a Keep till log off?
I still cannot believe this happened.

(edited by Triagon.1843)

Posted by: terminalchaos.6712

terminalchaos.6712

Yea, my account was just banned, not sure for what… I opened a ticket. I had just finished the pvp tutorial, started to looking around at all the vendors and then kicked. Error says “Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for an account issue. Please contact Support for information.” So I really have no idea why I am banned. Just got the game 3 days ago, but after looking at the forums, it looks like alot of banning going on.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

But is it that hard to simply say some one is looking at your ticket? To just leave ppl hanging for 1+ days up to more seems a bit cruel. Truth be told i am only coming at this from my point of view but i am going out of my head over this.

Everyone should receive an automatic response that indicates the ticket has been received and is in the system. That usually comes within five minutes of submission of the ticket. If you do not receive that confirmation email, please check your Junk Mail folder. But anyone who knows his/her ticket number would presumably have received that confirmation email.

Until the account can be reviewed, having agents send another email seems unnecessary. We’d rather have agents address the appeals as quickly as possible rather than send a second “We got your ticket” email.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

maybe this is helpful but i noticed quite a few ppl saying that their entire parties got baned at same time while being in the party… this is definetly something to look into while reviewing baning process by anet.

btw, really weird to have this happening after 7 years of flawless game support. i am not alone in this situation and it is realy kind of dissapointing and am wondering who else from my closest friends list will get the same experience… for now we have 1 hacked acc and 2 bans…

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Everyone should receive an automatic response that indicates the ticket has been received and is in the system. That usually comes within five minutes of submission of the ticket. If you do not receive that confirmation email, please check your Junk Mail folder. But anyone who knows his/her ticket number would presumably have received that confirmation email.

Until the account can be reviewed, having agents send another email seems unnecessary. We’d rather have agents address the appeals as quickly as possible rather than send a second “We got your ticket” email.

I see well i some what panicked and made another ticket using Account Support / Login Help i hope i just did not mess up.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I see well i some what panicked and made another ticket using Account Support / Login Help i hope i just did not mess up.

Ok, thanks for that information. Here’s what I recommend, to avoid delays in handling your ticket. Go into your NEW ticket and close it. You can note “This is a duplicate of [ticket number]” and that means that an agent can focus on the first ticket and settle that more promptly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

maybe this is helpful but i noticed quite a few ppl saying that their entire parties got baned at same time while being in the party… this is definetly something to look into while reviewing baning process by anet.

btw, really weird to have this happening after 7 years of flawless game support. i am not alone in this situation and it is realy kind of dissapointing and am wondering who else from my closest friends list will get the same experience… for now we have 1 hacked acc and 2 bans…

Are you under the impression that parties don’t bot? If they were banned for botting, it’s entirely possible that this is what the entire party was doing because yes, botters do join guilds, do form or join parties, and do everything they can to avoid detection. It doesn’t work, but they try.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Wow, I am not banned but I think that you guys have convinced me to stop farming in Cursed Shore.

Posted by: Kieser Soze.8561

Kieser Soze.8561

Are you under the impression that parties don’t bot? If they were banned for botting, it’s entirely possible that this is what the entire party was doing because yes, botters do join guilds, do form or join parties, and do everything they can to avoid detection. It doesn’t work, but they try.

Ouchies, Gale if I may ask a question.

If we encounter bots in our path of questing / farming should we head the other way as quickly as possible? if they get detected then anyone in the radius will get snagged.

Posted by: retek.2963

retek.2963

If we encounter bots in our path of questing / farming should we head the other way as quickly as possible? if they get detected then anyone in the radius will get snagged.

Perhaps the banhammer they use just happens to have a wide AoE radius.

Anyway, I was banned for botting too 20 minutes ago. I’ve sent my ticket, and decided to join the conversation going on here!

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

This statement kind of makes me very reluctant to party up with anyone in cursed shore.
I will explain…
Whenever i go there lately im constant tagged by party’s asking if i want to join ’’faming’’ events.
So.. if a party full of bots start to do that to players and we find ourself through no fault of our own accepting such an invite, when the bots eventually get there punishment will the unknowing player that has accidently tagged along get it too.??
I think from now on im avoiding Orr totally.

PetricaKerempuh.7958

something on the lines of what kaiser said. is it realy logical to asume all party members are boters? isn’t this the reason some innocent players get baned also? can it be possible that boters get partied with non botters? would it be smart to not bot as entire party since it puts more boters at risk of getting detected? generalization is never a good thing especially if computer makes a decision. not to get into argument here, but how is it possible that i personally got baned for boting if i got scanned by a real person? since i know 100% i dont bot or even know how to bot, then i can assume i got probably baned by some kind of program. i am just trying to make a suggestion where things might have gone wrong, thats all.

of course you guys at anet know what realy happened, i am only making a blind assumption with best of intentions.

Posted by: Kieser Soze.8561

Kieser Soze.8561

This statement kind of makes me very reluctant to party up with anyone in cursed shore.
I will explain…
Whenever i go there lately im constant tagged by party’s asking if i want to join ’’faming’’ events.
So.. if a party full of bots start to do that to players and we find ourself through no fault of our own accepting such an invite, when the bots eventually get there punishment will the unknowing player that has accidently tagged along get it too.??
I think from now on im avoiding Orr totally.

I think its more of a radius, not that they are grouped with you.
I haven’t joined any PvE groups is ages. I have how ever encountered bot in my path of heart questing. I tend to quest solo, if not already grouped with my wife.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We don’t base bot terminations on a map sweep, where everyone in a specific area gets banned. But I personally don’t hang out in bot zones because their insect-like behavior drives me nuts.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

something on the lines of what kaiser said. is it realy logical to asume all party members are boters? isn’t this the reason some innocent players get baned also? can it be possible that boters get partied with non botters? would it be smart to not bot as entire party since it puts more boters at risk of getting detected? generalization is never a good thing especially if computer makes a decision. not to get into argument here, but how is it possible that i personally got baned for boting if i got scanned by a real person? since i know 100% i dont bot or even know how to bot, then i can assume i got probably baned by some kind of program. i am just trying to make a suggestion where things might have gone wrong, thats all.

of course you guys at anet know what realy happened, i am only making a blind assumption with best of intentions.

Sorry, but you’re making a leap from “parties can be blocked” to “parties can consist of bots and will be blocked if they are.” If a bot is detected, no one looks at the party and takes out every member. Every member is detected to be a bot and then they are removed.

Having said that, I would not accept random invitations in bot hot spots, because I’m pretty sure you’re being invited to try to hide botting activity.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PetricaKerempuh.7958

ty for the reply:) this is all i wanted to know actually. so partying has nothing to do with the baning. that’s reassuring.

Posted by: Sabastian.7126

Sabastian.7126

my account got blocked! is there a way i can talk / chat to a live support team or something? i got kicked out of the game while farming in cursed shore! i already made a support account and filed a ticket but i’m too impatient for that. somebody help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i took a break from WvW for a week to farm and this is what happens.. sad

Sanctum of Rall
born Sept 20 – died Nov 11. reborn August 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfbwJLw04I

Posted by: terminalchaos.6712

terminalchaos.6712

Sorry, but you’re making a leap from “parties can be blocked” to “parties can consist of bots and will be blocked if they are.” If a bot is detected, no one looks at the party and takes out every member. Every member is detected to be a bot and then they are removed.

Having said that, I would not accept random invitations in bot hot spots, because I’m pretty sure you’re being invited to try to hide botting activity.

I am kind of new to GW2, so could you explain what a bot is ? And what are bot hot spots ? And then how to you know a bot is inviting you to a group ?

Posted by: Circe The Immortal.8751

Circe The Immortal.8751

Gaile… a question please.

Can you tell me how to access your ticket(s) when, at least for me, support logins are rejected because my account is listed as “disabled.” I can already create a ticket through the links you and others provide, but cannot login to support to view/change/update them etc. .

Given what is obviously a very busy and strained time at Support, I don’t want to add another ticket to find out why I can’t login to the support area too!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Save.5137

Save.5137

I justed got banned… and it didn’t feel good
I got away from my pc for like 10 mins and I got banned.
I think that may is a problem that I sometimes leave my character online when I am afk… Is that wrong? I don’t know… I have done nothing wrong and any moderator can see that…
I think that I got banned way to easy… :/

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

• Don’t post here repeatedly, or heatedly, or as a call to get everyone to pick up their great swords and make this a crusade. If your posts consist of the same repeated complaints, you are putting your forum privileges at risk. This sort of commentary contributes nothing to our ability to help players or to correct any issues related to false positives and we truly want to help!

Hi, Gaile.

I’m received two infractions so far since this has started.

One was for starting a new thread, which I didn’t realize would be a problem. I had just received my ban and I believe it was the first post I made or the second after my first post was moved. I forget.

The intent was certainly not to bombard this forum with posts on the same topic. Once I figured it out, I started posting to this thread.

The second was for saying “Lucky you. I’m over 24 hours now and not a boo from support.” Okay, the tone is a little snarky, but I would think that’s forgivable given the circumstances. It actually does provide useful information to the community about the status of my ticket. 121107-000186

We’re all understandably upset about this. No, I’m not a bot. I’ve never botted. I’ve never gone afk for extended periods of time nor used a 3rd party program. In fact, memory usage is so important to me when I play, I pretty much shut down everything except system processes and security stuff. I play a thief, a mesmer and a necro. Not exactly botting classes of choice. I use dyes. I’ve bought a lot gems, etc.

There’s a long list of evidence for why I’m not a bot, but I’ve been caught up in this dragnet, most likely because I spend time farming at the Cursed Shores which is jammed full of bots, probably outnumbering the real players.

But here’s my concern. Let’s assume I’m innocent until proven guilty (You know, like most civilized societies.) and most of the people in this forum are suffering a similar fate. Shouldn’t you and all the forum moderators try to be extra tolerant? If we want to post a few extra times, what harm does that do to you and the community?

If you start passing out infractions because you don’t like the things some people are saying, you’re going to shut down the only outlet most of these people have. At least, here in this forum we feel like we have a little bit of a voice. Take that away and we’re going to feel gagged and chained.

I have 2 infractions, now, and if you look back over my posts you’ll see they haven’t been especially bad. Mostly just saying how long it’s been, plus one sarcastic post about why I’m not a bot. One was even a mea culpa.

But now I’m concerned I’m heading for a ban from the forums, too. Maybe this post will get me there.

Is this really how you want to handle a little outrage from the community over what is clearly a serious problem?

One final word, a suggestion on how I think ArenaNet should be handling this problem. You’re better off doing what you can to let all legitimate players back in the game, even if there’s some doubt. If that means a few botters get back in, so be it. You can get the botters later.

If you ban a legitimate player, they’re gone. The botters will be back next week, if not already.

My apologies if this is already your intent and I hope you let this post stand.

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

retek.2963

I think that may is a problem that I sometimes leave my character online when I am afk… Is that wrong? I don’t know… I have done nothing wrong and any moderator can see that…

I know yer’ feel bro! I was kicked while fightin’ some grawl.

PetricaKerempuh.7958

I am kind of new to GW2, so could you explain what a bot is ? And what are bot hot spots ? And then how to you know a bot is inviting you to a group ?

bot is player that uses another program to control his character in game to play for him while he is afk. bot hot spots are probably places where bots do their boting. i have no idea how you know bot is inviting you to party.

Posted by: RMStrooper.7291

RMStrooper.7291

Is it possible that i falsely got accused of botting by Arenanet because i farmed in cursed shore with the same 2/ 3 people (sometimes 2 but theres always 1 of my friends with me who has been in my party the last 3days before my ban when i went farming ) for quite some hours lately because i just started going for my legendary and you guys have some kind of detection software that detects that people are hanging around the same spot with the same people for a long time and thats how entire party’s get banned? I don’t know if my other friends that were in the party got banned at the same time i got banned, probally not but since some people are saying that whole partys here got banned at the same time what i am saying makes kind of sense right?

(P.S Sorry if my English doesnt make that much sense, Its because im from the Netherlands )

RMS Trooper ~ The Phoenix Legend [TPL] ~ Gandaran commander

Save.5137

So, what we do now?
I opened a ticket but I feel a little angry ‘cause I’ve done nothing wrong you know…
I play online games for like 15 years and never got banned but now :P
I think that mods have to do something with auto-bans… it’s not fair…

Breeze.1273

hmm interesting.. I had accepted random invitation once. No one nearby me when I was playing, I thought like ’ wth, how the hell could he pick me up in the middle of nowhere?’ I asked him ‘wassup’ but no answer returned if I remember correctly. it was like 30sec or 1min in party. it was very long ago, barely remember but 15days ago? it could be related to gold selling? If so, should I add tht on my ticket description?

(edited by Breeze.1273)

retek.2963

So, what we do now?
I opened a ticket but I feel a little angry ‘cause I’ve done nothing wrong you know…

All we can do is wait patiently. I was never banned either before this time.

Once I get this resolved I’ll be extra careful when I decide to go out for some farmin’… Going near bots is apparently dangerous, as they may carry some sort of disease that gets you banned.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Gaile… a question please.

Can you tell me how to access your ticket(s) when, at least for me, support logins are rejected because my account is listed as “disabled.” I can already create a ticket through the links you and others provide, but cannot login to support to view/change/update them etc. .

Given what is obviously a very busy and strained time at Support, I don’t want to add another ticket to find out why I can’t login to the support area too!

Support Account log-in isn’t tied to your game account. Have you checked the Knowledge base at support.guildwars2.com? You may find that you need to get another ticket into the system to correct the Support Account issue, but we don’t block you from your Support Account when your game account is suspended or terminated.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Save.5137

I justed got banned… and it didn’t feel good :(

I know yer’ feel bro! I was kicked while fightin’ some grawl. :(

So, what we do now? :(

All we can do is wait patiently. I was never banned either before this time.

Once I get this resolved I’ll be extra careful when I decide to go out for some farmin’…

Well, we both need to know the reason we got banned first! lol :P
Dear mods, I swear to God I will not do it again!

EG: ARG! I want to play! :((((
EG2: Even if we are close to bots we may have troubles? Oh God…… :S

(edited by Save.5137)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

So, what we do now?

There are no auto-bans.

We will investigate each issue, but I’m going to say it again: A lot of the people making a fuss in this post are botters. They are taking up valuable time trying to get a reinstatement that is not going to happen.

If you are innocent of botting the team will help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Save.5137

So, what we do now?

There are no auto-bans.

We will investigate each issue, but I’m going to say it again: A lot of the people making a fuss in this post are botters. They are taking up valuable time trying to get a reinstatement that is not going to happen.

I am pretty sure I am not a bot :P
Is it because I leave my character online when I am afk? I want to know if that is wrong to not do it again.
Thanks

EG: Good to know that there are no auto-bans

(edited by Save.5137)

Posted by: Chippalrus.5437

Chippalrus.5437

I have been playing around 12am-6pm Pacific lately and in Cursed Shore since I need around 160g for my legendary.

I have been partying with random people at Penitent and Shelter but I have not been socializing with any of them at all. I’ve been doing work on my laptop whenever there wasn’t an event going I’d usually stand in the middle of the outpost.

Breeze.1273

wow…it’s just..
how can u say like tht ‘but I’m going to say it again: A lot of the people making a fuss in this post are botters’? I’m not related to botting issue though. tht makes me very upset.
I think tht’s not proper comment as supporter or whatever.

retek.2963

There are no auto-bans.

With all due respect, sir… Those who got hit by the banhammers wide AoE range innocently, including myself may have a hard time believing that.
I’m not saying that you lie, and no offense is intended, but the proccess of banning bots has to improve a lot! You can’t just go lift your banhammer left and right and ban everyone you think is a bot.
I understand that it was not intended, but you know what they say… Upset people are gonna be upset, so forgive me for that!

Posted by: deni.3609

deni.3609

Gaile, some of the tickets get answer ‘Under review’ after posting in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/43
Does it mean that those will have to wait longer?
I have created a ticket on 30 of October, it will soon be 2 weeks after I got suspended.. Is that normal? I am very confused

PetricaKerempuh.7958

So, what we do now?

There are no auto-bans.

Is it because I leave my character online when I am afk? I want to know if that is wrong to not do it again.
Thanks

id like to add another thing also. when did it happen that afking is same as boting? and to get permanently baned for going afk? just a bit harsh for a bought game, don’t you think?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

But here’s my concern. Let’s assume I’m innocent until proven guilty (You know, like most civilized societies.) …
One final word, a suggestion on how I think ArenaNet should be handling this problem. You’re better off doing what you can to let all legitimate players back in the game, even if there’s some doubt. If that means a few botters get back in, so be it. You can get the botters later.

The US legal system is founded on the idea that it is better to let criminals go free than to convict an innocent man. That said, there are an incredible number of errors made on both sides throughout its history, innocent men have been executed or imprisoned while obviously guilty men go free.

Some other countries are less forgiving, and would rather punish the innocent than allow the guilty to go free.

Regardless, this is not a criminal proceeding. Arenanet determines their policy and players agree to follow it when they first log in to the game. While it is frustrating to be a dolphin caught in the tuna nets, being patient and polite will yield better results than demands and insults.

In many cases of botting and RMT scams, the scammers utilize stolen accounts. As I understand it, their policy states that when an account is suspected of botting or otherwise working with RMT scammers, the account is locked and if it can be shown that the rightful owner did not participate, the account will be released to him/her. Also it is possible that the RMT scammer will have items or gold that he was unable to transfer before the account is banned, and so there may be two “rightful owners” each claiming the same account.

This sort of thing is the main cause for delays in restoring the accounts. While the rightful owners surely want to get their accounts back ASAP, so do the thieves. Rushing the process will only cause more problems and allow the scammers to gain from working the system.

I understand that waiting for the process to play out is frustrating, but I truly believe that Arenanet staff are doing the best they can to sort through things as quickly as possible. This sort of thing is an inevitable result of their aggressive anti-botting and anti-RMT measures. They have banned thousands of bots, and even an error rate of 1% means that hundreds of innocents were caught in the nets.

And while I won’t make any specific accusations, everyone knows that people don’t always tell the complete story, especially if they know that they did something wrong. It’s a difficult and thankless job, and the consequences of making rushed judgments are severe. I don’t blame them for being careful about the process.

Posted by: Pboogie.7418

Pboogie.7418

I try to log on today I notice I have new error It said “we have detected your account may have been accessed by an unaurhorized individual, for your security further access to the account has been suspended until this matter can be resolved. to restore access to this account. please contact support and one of our represenative will assist you” Should I make a new ticket because the old one it said i got terminated for botting here my ticket number 121107-000557

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

The best part about this thread is the fact that the way the game encourages you to play at level 80 sure as heck makes you look like a bot anyway. No shock that some people got caught up in the ban wave.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Save.5137

So, what we do now?

There are no auto-bans.

Thanks

id like to add another thing also. when did it happen that afking is same as boting? and to get permanently baned for going afk? just a bit harsh for a bought game, don’t you think?

I can’t agree more. I didn’t done anything else also…
I have paid but I am unable to play… At least I want a lighting speed support…

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Something I have noticed. I have seen a LOT of bot groups. The bots useally run around in a set pattern, killing anything that gets in thier way, and doing any events that are in thier set path when they pop up. Some players will follow these bots because to the casual player, it may just look like a group of people farming, which it is.
When the players do this, they will look just like a bot, because they are acting, just like a bot.

Here is a good example. In the Char beginning area, there are 3 events that go off on a regualr basis that are close together and in a straight line. The BarBQ, Weapon parts, and clear the cave. There where bots running from one spot to the next, going back and forth over and over for hours on end. Some players would come over, see this group, and see that they where doing these events over and over, and it was easy, with a lot of drops due to the larger group size and follow them back and forth. If I was looking at these players and only judged them by thier behaviour, it would be VERY easy to assume thay where all botters, as they all behaved exactly the same, followed the same path over and over, and performed the same actions time and time again.
I reported those botters that where obviouse, the ones with similier names, armor, pets and account names, but for all I know some of the “real” players I saw there could have been botters as well.

The point of this, is if you see a group of players who look like they could be botters, don’t follow them around, doing the same things as they do, or you could look like a botter as well.

FYI, on the same note, those same botter groups that where in several areas for weeks are all gone now. I have to wonder how many legit players got caught up in there because they where acting just like them?

Finally, I do tech support for my company, I answer the phone, emails and open and close tickets. I only have to deal with 30 people, and I have had days where I cannot keep up. A company like anet, with millions of players, opening possibly tens of thousands of tickets? It honestly makes me shudder. I know it can be frustrating to be suspended/banned and I feel your pain, I really do, but give anet a break. Tech support can be one of the most thankless jobs, it does take time, and you just need to make sure you give them as much information as possible. It is far better to give more details then is needed, then to not give enough.

Posted by: Ruith.5861

Ruith.5861

I try to log on today I notice I have new error It said “we have detected your account may have been accessed by an unaurhorized individual, for your security further access to the account has been suspended until this matter can be resolved. to restore access to this account. please contact support and one of our represenative will assist you” Should I make a new ticket because the old one it said i got terminated for botting here my ticket number 121107-000557

I have read about this happening to people who are having their incorrect bans reviewed, and soon after this happening they get back in game. I hope for you that this is the case.

Posted by: Ephemeris.6831

Ephemeris.6831

For me it’s not the waiting (which I understand since there’s a lot of tickets coming in), but the thought that I could be banned permanently without a proper investigation because they believe most people who complain really are botters.

It was the second day I was doing Orr event farming. I decided to invest in a magic find set hoping to get a precursor drop to help me on my goal to a legendary, and bam! After a few hours of doing that I got randomly disconnected and banned. I really can’t understand the reasoning, since until 3 days ago I was exclusively doing dailies, dungeons and WvW jumping puzzles. I was never doing anything to trigger bot-like behaviour.

So yeah… The main issue for me is losing all the work I’ve put into my char for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. As much as I love the game and as much memories I made (I think I’m nearing 300 screenshots), I don’t think I’d have the will to start over after ~700 hours invested.

/sadface

Quaggan’s a piwate. YAAAAAAAARR!!!

Posted by: Ruith.5861

Ruith.5861

… If a bot is detected, no one looks at the party and takes out every member. Every member is detected to be a bot and then they are removed.

Are we therefore not to accept random people who ask to join our party in Dynamic Event zones? Isn’t that against the whole ethos of the community spirit?

Are we therefore not to do certain events merely because they are popular?

There is a common assumption among players that joining a party gives you better drops. I have no idea where this comes from, but I have not read anything in the User Agreement or other terms stating that joining a party is a bannable offence. Nor have I read that doing any particular Dynamic Event or killing monsters in a particular location is a bannable offence. To ban people simply because they engage in activities that also happen to be the target of bot makers is ridiculous.

It is more than clear that we are witnessing the teething problems of a bot detection system in its infancy, and many of the posters in this forum have been banned for no good reason. Some are probably real botters, but I am convinced that many are telling the truth.

Arena Net should hold up its hands and admit this mistake openly, and apologise to those innocent players affected.

(edited by Ruith.5861)