in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mixxam.2478

mixxam.2478

i did the same i just hope we get the mini rytlock back

Collector's Ed/DDE Item Questions [merged]

Posted by: Shinra.4501

Shinra.4501

I love this game but I get sad playing it whenever I see a miniature Rytlock run past me because it reminds me how I paid extra for the digital deluxe and wasn’t told of the one per account use anywhere. How hard is it to check our collector’s code and see that there’s no miniature Rytlock in our bank? I don’t care about the Chalice or Tome and the Mistwolf is working fine. I just want my pet that I paid for…My Reference # 120825-005940 created on 08/25/2012 02:04 AM

(edited by Shinra.4501)

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Got my stuff back this morning in a mail. Thanks for doing the right thing ANet.

Posted by: Blaze.8127

Blaze.8127

Fingers crossed get mine soon =( really miss my pet lol

(edited by Blaze.8127)

Posted by: Hyena.9648

Hyena.9648

If you look at the in-game mail, they added a warning now lol

“I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.”
— Mark Z. Danielewski, Only Revolutions

Posted by: Shana Asae Suna.5678

Shana Asae Suna.5678

You support folks are awesome! Thanks so much for returning the nifty stuff I so ignorantly lost. I will pay much more attention to what I click in the future.

Existo verus quod vulnero nullus.

Hyena.9648

You support folks are awesome! Thanks so much for returning the nifty stuff I so ignorantly lost. I will pay much more attention to what I click in the future.

So they’re handing it out now? How long ago did you open a ticket, so I know how long it might take for me

Posted by: Shana Asae Suna.5678

Shana Asae Suna.5678

Mine was waiting in the mail for me this morning. I submitted the ticket on 8/26. So… it took 12 days for me.

Existo verus quod vulnero nullus.

Posted by: TrueHonorette.8352

TrueHonorette.8352

I still have not received my CE items, what do I need to do? I have not deleted my first character either. I see that some people are starting to receive their items.

Posted by: Natebert.8432

Natebert.8432

For my ticket: 120903-008429
I just received this response to my question about the missing items:

“While we would like to replace your items, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to replace individual items or characters in the manner that you are describing. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.”

It’d be nice to get them back, especially since it was one of the driving reasons for having pre-paid. I wonder what I need to do to reach the success as reported by other users?

(edited by Natebert.8432)

Posted by: Blaze.8127

Blaze.8127

For my ticket: 120903-008429
I just received this response to my question about the missing items:

“While we would like to replace your items, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to replace individual items or characters in the manner that you are describing. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.”

Yea i got one of these about 5 min ago. But they are restoring others items? I didnt even get to use any of the stuff =(

Posted by: Amaraee.5680

Amaraee.5680

Natebert.8432 above, lost his Rytlock pet, and his Chalice of Glory early on in this game when he deleted his first character. He had tried to use his Tomb of Influence on that same character before it was deleted, but it was not applied to the guild. This was when there were problems applying the Tomb back on the first day. The problems with the guild invites and representation early on led to the deletion of this character for troubleshooting reasons.

When he deleted that first character, he had no way of knowing that those items would be bound to ONLY that character, and was given no warning that they would be lost when he was deleting it. He created a ticket for these issues; 120903-008429, and received the response he posted above.

Seeing the replies in this thread about people receiving their items back in the in-game mail, the reply he received above seems unfair. What can we do to make sure he gets his items back? The whole reason we purchased the digital deluxe upgrade was for these items. We would like to have what we paid for.

(edited by Amaraee.5680)

Posted by: Nothgiel.1890

Nothgiel.1890

Seeing the replies in this thread about people receiving their items back in the in-game mail, the reply he received above seems unfair. What can we do to make sure he gets his items back? The whole reason we purchased the digital deluxe upgrade was for these items. We would like to have what we paid for.

I would recommend that he just stays patient. I submitted a ticket back on the 25th, then they closed it and I submitted another one on the 2nd. I have yet to recieve a response that they won’t nor the items. I’m sure support is trying to get through all the requests. Once a DM responds to this thread that it is fixed and he hasn’t recieved anything, then I would follow up with a ticket.

Posted by: Gajeel.4578

Gajeel.4578

I’m getting extremely fed up with your mess Arenanet.
Either restore everyones CE items, or dont do it at all.

i’d like the items that I paid for sometime this decennia please.

I do like how they sneakily added a warning into the mail that delivered the items. Dont be fooled, that warning wasnt always there.

Posted by: aurickle.2786

aurickle.2786

I have ticket 120826-009320, created on 8/26. It has thus far received no reply.

That day I purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition upgrade from the Gem Store. I received all items just fine. However, when I used the Tome of Influence I got the fancy graphic swirls around my character… and nothing else. The Tome was gone from my inventory and my guild still had exactly the same amount of influence.

My ticket contains all pertinent info. I’m posting here because it’s going on two weeks now with no reply.

Thanks.

Posted by: Breydon Deathwalker.8193

Breydon Deathwalker.8193

I’m getting extremely fed up with your mess Arenanet.
Either restore everyones CE items, or dont do it at all.

i’d like the items that I paid for sometime this decennia please.

I do like how they sneakily added a warning into the mail that delivered the items. Dont be fooled, that warning wasnt always there.

Exactly that warning was not there, nice trick guys.
Come on and take care of all the customers. I have personally been waiting since the 25th.

Posted by: Zephmeister.8504

Zephmeister.8504

Hi there. I also accidentally deleted my Digital Deluxe pet because I made my character and realize that I had misspelled my name. I too was under the impression that every character would receive the same items that my first character had upon creation. The only other experience with collector’s digital items I have had before was with another MMO and every character on the account got one. I would really appreciate it if I could get my items restored this one time now that I know how this works.

Posted by: Kylran.8603

Kylran.8603

I did the gem thing for the DDE and, while all of my other characters appear to be able to select it, my elementalist is unable to access the Mistfire Wolf skill and she’s of a high enough level now to put it to use.

Posted by: jstnneeley.9683

jstnneeley.9683

Since the item is “Account Bound” I feel they should be able to send the item back. Not like we can sell it or anything. Plus, I do not recall seeing any message about it.

Posted by: Frupert.7240

Frupert.7240

I had the same problem. Submitted a ticket on 8/25 and was told there was no solution at the time. I am yet to hear or receive anything and just submitted a 2nd ticket.

Posted by: Exedar.5182

Exedar.5182

My Tome of Influence bugged out on the first day and didn’t apply the 1000 influence to my guild. It’s gone and I’ve wasted this item. I understand that this has happened to a few people.

Can we recover the tome at all?

Same problem here. I know I was representing my guild when I double-clicked. It did nothing — no influence was added. I’ve created a ticket and a bug report, as well.

Same thing happened for me, used my Tome and got no influence for my guild at all. Opened a ticket several days ago but no answer and no reaction from ANet. I would either like to have the influence added to my guild or being refunded the tome since it is the main reason I bought the DDE in the first place.

Posted by: Wthermans.4093

Wthermans.4093

Just got my mail with my Tome, Chalice and Rytlock! Thanks so much Arenanet!

Posted by: davidteo.5920

davidteo.5920

Open ticket for about 1+ week and still unanswered. [Incident: 120827-010401]. I am not receiving my freebies, tomb of influence [Unused at all] because i have stupidity made a server transfer. I do not know that when I made a server transfer, all CE freebies will be gone and I won’t receive the item any more. [except the bank and the hero ring]. Please help check if I can receive at least my unused tomb of influence. It would be helpful. Hope that Arenanet can look into the missing items for CE and also the Server Transfer issue with missing CE freebies.

Posted by: Azeures.9251

Azeures.9251

I submitted a ticket on the first day of the 3-day headstart and received the same response from Chris. Replied to the Email two weeks later and they’re telling me that they cannot solve this problem for accounts individually.. Lost my Chalice, tome and pet.

Posted by: Nyper.9627

Nyper.9627

i made the mistake of deleted my character to change his skin color… and lost my Chalice, tome and pet.
If you can give me at the least my pet back…

Posted by: Dark Angel.6319

Dark Angel.6319

good morning
I have a problem with the items in the collector edition, this is the problem.
I created exactly 25 August being a character that I did not like the look I immediately deleted, the fact is that this pg arrived the items in the collection (and rytlock tome ….. (I can not remember the name). so in the end I lost the objects in the collector.
I sent an email to customer support GW2 this is their response.
“Hey there.

We are aware of the issue with Collector’s Edition / Digital Deluxe Edition items going missing after deleting a character That had them. It has happened to many of us, too. -_-A fix is coming as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to the Guild Wars 2 forums () oz re-open the forums for updates!

Best regards,

Chris
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/ "

I wanted to know if there is any solution to this problem.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

greetings

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

So they are returning the items now? cuz I have not received anything. Which character they are sending items to?
My first ticket was sent on the 25th and the second on Sep 3rd, but I have closed it once they’ve opened forums and saw this thread.

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

Yup did the same thing as alot of people, deleted all the items and character make a new one.

I think from the sounds of it they are working on a way for all DDE and CE copy holders to get access to the items instead of individually sorting through accounts. More than likely will be a vendor of some kind…maybe :/

Anyway id love to get atleast the mini back and i dont bother with any of the others atm because i know as it stands ill never be able to have them all. lol.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted down the line

Posted by: SilverTheWieWolf.2390

SilverTheWieWolf.2390

Yes I two made my character and was not happy that I fast it I ment to press the other options and fast it then I did not like my character’s look I remade it and lost my In game CE as well I did have the items but like you guys said nope I lost them as well I though they would show up on my birthday but nope I was wrong no gift form * Anet * Bummer !

Posted by: Sky.9810

Sky.9810

I’ve upgraded my account to the deluxe through the market and have not received my pet and ring. Please help me obtain them. Thanks for the hard work!

Posted by: Cute But Psychotic.3106

Cute But Psychotic.3106

Same problems with the digital deluxe items not showing after remaking the first character.

Ticket # 120825-009729 from 8/25/12 I also updated this on 9/4/12
“I did not see the info on the HOM portal stone until after I deleted my character and remade her to get the portal stone, she was only lvl 3 so wasn’t a huge loss except the items from the first email didn’t show up for her or the second character on the account. I deleted Cute But Psychotic to hopefully get the portal stone to show up in inventory as it was supposed to but have not received the rylock mini, chalice of glory or the tome of influence back in the mail. Both characters received 2 mails in game with nothing in the first mail.

Any way to get those 3 items back if they were a one time deal as they were unused when I deleted Cute the first time "

Response
“Hey there.

We are aware of the issue with Collector’s Edition/Digital Deluxe Edition items going missing after deleting a character that had them. It has happened to many of us, too. -_- A fix is coming as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to the Guild Wars 2 forums () once the forums re-open for updates!

Best regards,

Chris
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/ "

Posted by: silverhawk.4039

silverhawk.4039

I also deleted my character first day and now I don’t get that mail with the miniature rytlock. =/ I only got the ring and the elite skill mail.

Posted by: Type R.7314

Type R.7314

Same problem here. I wanted to change my original characters name, and I when I made a new character and deleted my original…I lost my CE items. No warning that it was one time use only on the original character.

Pleaseee fix this issue, as CE items should be given to any new character you create, like every other game. And make a CLEAR warning that this is the case so nobody else has this issue.

Posted by: Goshee.3514

Goshee.3514

Could we please get an update on whether the issue is being looked into? I appreciate the fact there are more urgent matters that require your attention first, but some feedback would go a long way.

Thanks, Goshee.

Posted by: MidNite.8251

MidNite.8251

I do have the same problem…delete first character alone with my rytlock and two one time use items. SADSAD….please ANet! Put a ticket in 8/25.

Thank You!!

(edited by MidNite.8251)

Posted by: Zeppelin.4579

Zeppelin.4579

I also deleted my first character without depositing the mini pet and chalice/tome. As a newcomer to the GW series, I was completely unaware that those items were limited to one character. I’ll submit a ticket as well. Good luck to everyone else.

Posted by: GroundXeron.5097

GroundXeron.5097

Maybe it help solve problem fast
my ticket: 120906-007127

Posted by: Roarmiaka.1209

Roarmiaka.1209

So initially i thought i was just having a bug and that’s why i wasn’t getting my collectors items again on my remade character….now they are actually giving me a warning days AFTER saying “haha your screwed” Thanks…collectors edition SO worth it.

Posted by: SmokeEater.6931

SmokeEater.6931

Add me to the list of people suffering from this issue. Ticket #120827-010538.

I did receive this response, but I never received said “second distribution”…

“Response Bridgette via Email 09/06/2012 10:33 PM

We’re writing to you today in response to your support ticket asking for help with Collector’s Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition in-game items.

These in-game items are consumable, and are provided to your account using the in-game mail system. You can leave them in the in-game mail for as long as you want. Once you take them out of the in-game mail into a character’s inventory, be sure not to delete the character with those items in their inventory.

We’re going to replace these items on your account by sending another copy of them in another in-game mail. But there are a couple of things you should know:

•Each item can only be used once per account. If you already used the first copy of the item you received, the new copy you receive will not be functional.

•We can trigger a second distribution of items just one time per account. So when you are deleting characters in the future, take care to move your special items to your storage so that you do not delete the one-time items.

Thanks for your patience as we worked out the resolution to these issues, and thanks as well for your support of Guild Wars 2!

—The Guild Wars 2 Customer Service Team"

Posted by: Darken Rahl.5824

Darken Rahl.5824

Is this officially being handled on an individual basis or is a fix coming all at once?

I lost my items to a character delete on the 25th pre-warning
Ticket: 120825-006103

Posted by: Grizzly UK.1209

Grizzly UK.1209

I previously posted in this thread about 4 days ago and my ticket from 25th August is still open, with the last response from CS on 29th August! That’s 17 days since I created the ticket and 12 days since I last received a response. Any sort of update would be nice, at least then I, and others, would have some idea as to what’s happening!

Posted by: ShadowVyper.8219

ShadowVyper.8219

I still cannot access the Elite Mistfire Wolf Skill that we get from Deluxe Digital version. None of my characters can use it. Lvl 80 Thief – doesnt even show up highlighted like it does on my lowbies. I have posted once and submitted a bug report its been nearly a week since I bought the upgrade via in game gem store for 2000 gems. If I can’t get everything I purchased then I want the gems refunded. That’s real money being spent for a product that is undelivered.

Posted by: Cute But Psychotic.3106

Cute But Psychotic.3106

Grizzly UK you might want to update your ticket, even if it shows closed. I got a response that they are referring mine to another dept I think it was. So I’m crossing my fingers.

Posted by: Sukeena.3506

Sukeena.3506

Ticket # 120905-004239

Made a post on old/unresolved tickets (page 10) topic. Sorry for cross posting!

Posted by: Jahbu.2953

Jahbu.2953

Ticket# 120825-009765

I made a ticket on 8/25/12 about my missing Collector Edition digital items. I like many others still have not received them. Please issue my items as it was one of the main reasons I purchased the Collectors Edition.

My most recent response was:

Hello again,

I apologize for the delay in our response; we have an unusually high ticket volume which we are working through as quickly as possible.

I am escalating your ticket to a Senior Customer Support Representative to review your issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Best,
GM Lloyd
Guild Wars Support Team

Posted by: Snoblitz.4980

Snoblitz.4980

I am now opening a third ticket (120908-004876) with you guys for this issue since the first still has never recieved a response and the second got lumped into your mass mail response thread.

I have yet to recieve a response from somebody who actually looked at my ticket and took the time to understand my unique problem. I believe that I have uncovered a bug in your code surrounding the logic for your digital deluxe upgrades.

MY PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED. I am still without my digital deluxe items, both from the original purchase and my attempt to restore those items by buying the 2000 gem upgrade in game.

My next step is escalating this to the ArenaNet leadership team via email and twitter. My previous tickets that have not received a response are:

120901-003732 and 120905-011158.

The first has been open for a week, without any response AT ALL. What is it going to take to get a human response on this ticket? Do I have to drive to Bellevue to get some help?

————————————————————————————————————————

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/05/2012 05:33 PM

Over four days since I sent this guys. Not even an acknowledgement that it was received? This is kind of ridiculous…

Please don’t make me do this through the credit card company. Service paid for and not delivered.

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/02/2012 10:05 PM

Ping?

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 10:30 AM

Now we have a bigger problem. I realized that you guys are completely underwater at the moment with much bigger fish to fry. So the trading company came up, and I just bought the upgrade again for 2000 gems. Logged out, back in and nothing has been delivered.

I’m not going to lie, this is pretty frustrating. I know what it feels like to be in your guys’ situation. I’m a Release Program Manager for Xbox LIVE at Microsoft. I know how demanding operations can be, especially at launch time. But, you guys can’t leave you paying customers in the dark. You’ve built something pretty amazing here – I think it’ll change MMOs forever. That said, you have to support the product with fierce determination. Manage your brand.

I’m okay with waiting for my issues to be resolved, but I expect full resolution. You have to make this right.

Thanks for the hard work and continued diligence in rolling out this revolutionary title.

-Jeff

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 12:14 AM

Hey guys! Fantastic job on the game, I’m loving it so far. I screwed up though and I’m totally sad. Hoping that somebody can help me. I mistakenly deleted my first character, forgetting of course that my Tome of Influence and my Mini Rytlock were with said deleted character. :-(

Is there any way to restore those items for me? I would buy the upgrade again, but 2000 gems is steep considering I already paid for it once.

Please help me out here if you can.

Thanks!

Hyena.9648

I am now opening a third ticket (120908-004876) with you guys for this issue since the first still has never recieved a response and the second got lumped into your mass mail response thread.

I have yet to recieve a response from somebody who actually looked at my ticket and took the time to understand my unique problem. I believe that I have uncovered a bug in your code surrounding the logic for your digital deluxe upgrades.

MY PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED. I am still without my digital deluxe items, both from the original purchase and my attempt to restore those items by buying the 2000 gem upgrade in game.

My next step is escalating this to the ArenaNet leadership team via email and twitter. My previous tickets that have not received a response are:

120901-003732 and 120905-011158.

The first has been open for a week, without any response AT ALL. What is it going to take to get a human response on this ticket? Do I have to drive to Bellevue to get some help?

————————————————————————————————————————

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/05/2012 05:33 PM

Over four days since I sent this guys. Not even an acknowledgement that it was received? This is kind of ridiculous…

Please don’t make me do this through the credit card company. Service paid for and not delivered.

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/02/2012 10:05 PM

Ping?

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 10:30 AM

Now we have a bigger problem. I realized that you guys are completely underwater at the moment with much bigger fish to fry. So the trading company came up, and I just bought the upgrade again for 2000 gems. Logged out, back in and nothing has been delivered.

I’m not going to lie, this is pretty frustrating. I know what it feels like to be in your guys’ situation. I’m a Release Program Manager for Xbox LIVE at Microsoft. I know how demanding operations can be, especially at launch time. But, you guys can’t leave you paying customers in the dark. You’ve built something pretty amazing here – I think it’ll change MMOs forever. That said, you have to support the product with fierce determination. Manage your brand.

I’m okay with waiting for my issues to be resolved, but I expect full resolution. You have to make this right.

Thanks for the hard work and continued diligence in rolling out this revolutionary title.

-Jeff

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 12:14 AM

Hey guys! Fantastic job on the game, I’m loving it so far. I screwed up though and I’m totally sad. Hoping that somebody can help me. I mistakenly deleted my first character, forgetting of course that my Tome of Influence and my Mini Rytlock were with said deleted character. :-(

Is there any way to restore those items for me? I would buy the upgrade again, but 2000 gems is steep considering I already paid for it once.

Please help me out here if you can.

Thanks!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Multiple-Tickets-Don-t-do-it

Making more tickets won’t help you.
This game is less than two weeks old. This gamed has HUGE amounts of players.
Our “need” for our extra items is hardly as important as 99% of the other issues people are having.

Patience. I’m also waiting. ArenaNet are good people. Just be patient.

Posted by: Grizzly UK.1209

Grizzly UK.1209

Grizzly UK you might want to update your ticket, even if it shows closed. I got a response that they are referring mine to another dept I think it was. So I’m crossing my fingers.

Thanks, my ticket is still open with a Status of “Updated”. I’ve actually updated it 3 times since the last GW2 Support Team response on 29th August, most recently just 2 days ago.

EDIT: I just checked my ticket (about 3 hours since I made the comment above) and it’s Status had changed to “Closed”, but there was no response from the GW2 Support Team nor any indication as to why the ticket had been closed. Is there a time limit on how long a ticket can be left open?

(edited by Grizzly UK.1209)

Posted by: Hurik.6137

Hurik.6137

Just a note that my ticket 120825-025535 got closed in, I am assuming, some automated fashion… presumably because it’s been open since August 25th and maybe there is a maximum amount of time it can sit without help? Regardless, it let me reopen it as I have actually not been helped, and I’m hoping someone can address this issue for me soon. I know there are much higher priority cases, I just feel like it’s been forgotten as there are other people that seem to be getting their deleted CE stuff from much later tickets.

Thanks again.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

My next step is escalating this to the ArenaNet leadership team via email and twitter

Couple of comments: You should not open multiple tickets. The second received a mass mail response, but it was not closed. So you have three tickets opened for one issue, which slows your response turnaround time.

Secondly, you should not “escalate” via PM, via email, via twitter, or via Facebook. We have a forum, and we have the support system, but harassing staff via other means is not going to speed up the process, and it’s going to waste a whole lot of time from the team members involved.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet