Error:(code=7:11:3:189:101)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: draakdorei.9436

draakdorei.9436

Receiving the same error as referenced in OP since about Mon/Tues of this week. I had been playing for hours consistently without any errors previously.

I have already tried changing DNS, /port 80 switch, winsock reset and DNS flush.

Rebooting/removing the router, rebooting the modem and changing PCs has made no difference.

Lag spikes up and enemies either die, respawn on top of me or everything fast forwards all at once and then disconnects.

I can deal with the deaths caused by the D/Cs…but resetting the story instances is really becoming an issue when the story instances are battle-heavy and disconnect minutes or seconds before the end.

Further…GW1 does not have this issue…I can play through it without any issues.

Draakdorei – L80 Sylvari Engineer Support/Healer
Drake Rovan – L80 Human Ranger AoE Ranger/Spirit Buffer

Posted by: ramza.3548

ramza.3548

yeah i was ok throught today until it got night time, please fix this!

Posted by: Cry To Bleed.2150

Cry To Bleed.2150

Keep getting this only in WvW(every 15 minutes or so-going to time it next time i go there). Really annoying. Already tried winsock reset and DNS flush- made no difference.
As far as I know..it started in december. Hoping to see it fixed, because i’m not going to play just to get dc after 10-15minutes.

Posted by: IceCold.5172

IceCold.5172

I agree with you Cry to Bleed. This only started for me since the Wintersday Patch.
They have done something since then. I was not getting ANYTHING like this before NEVER. Ive none everything possible which has been mentioned in these topics. tbh it happens everywhere in wvw,dungeons, standing around in LA doing nothing.

Its there side not our side, cant make that more clear. Massive lag then dc from server BUT NOT dc from my internet.

Edit i have a very good internet connection, 15meg download 1 meg upload. which is good enough.

Posted by: ramza.3548

ramza.3548

im getting it this morning, its not just at night, im assuming it has do with server population but im on a low populated server

Posted by: Macovan.3650

Macovan.3650

I’m playing a game since a late September, and never got that problem before. Recently, about 3 days ago I have started to get this error. For me it is so unpredictable, and it seems not to have a solid pattern. Sometimes I can play an hour or two without getting it, sometimes it happen after a minute after entering a game. I didn’t do anything to my computer before this error started to occur, so I guess the problem is not on my end. I also did everything suggested on that topic, but nothing works. It seems that the problem started after the wintersday patch for most people reporting it. So anet, please, fix it asap! The game is nearly unplayable right now.

Macovan – 80 Thief
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Fatum.5430

Fatum.5430

To add to this in case someone actually reads it (sorry.. bad experiences with support on previous MMO adventures) I too have been having this problem, I just joined less then a week ago, and played fine for most of the week, it started after the reset they did Saturday or was that Friday… either way, I’v been getting these ever since and I can’t stay connect for more then a few minutes at a time at some points, other points I play fine.

PS: I have played countless other MMO’s and online games including hours of CODMW and other fast action games with NO ISSUE. This is not user side, this is clearly server side and needs to be addressed asap…

ty…

So long and thanks for all the fish, too bad it had to come to this.

(edited by Fatum.5430)

Posted by: Nitengalez.2134

Nitengalez.2134

This issue is definitely server side and definitely affecting a lot of players. stuff like this is why no one else can hang with blizzard… this game is so much better. I just started getting this error earlier today. i make it about 30 seconds tops in game before it boots me. none of these client 80 fixes or anything fixes it. i ran it absolutely fine until now.

the support this issue has received, from what i can tell, is terrible. these posts are months old… get on it already.

Posted by: IceCold.5172

IceCold.5172

Funny this is over the last 24 hours ive not been dc from server but is still getting the massive lag spikes which usually means dc from server. First time this has happened to me since it started. Im proparly tempting fate TOO early and will proparly dc from server again in fractals at one point. maybe they are testing out stuff on there end to find the source of the problem. But your right Nitengalez this problem is server side not client side.

Posted by: Kisti of Dolphins.7261

Kisti of Dolphins.7261

EDIT: To clarify, we do NOT want players paying for PingPlotter. There is the “Standard” version that is free that we ask players to run.

This is very confusing. In my support mail it says:
“1. Please download and install the standard version of Ping Plotter (the free version will not let you save the report). "
As I understand it, the Standard version is not free?, as it seems to be a Free version too.

Posted by: Horus Nightlight.1276

Horus Nightlight.1276

Am having the same error problem and lag spikes lately after playing without a hitch for 3-4 months. More specifically (and maybe coincidentally), noticed this problem started AFTER the Jan 10th update. I’m logging in from Asia to an European server; could be a lot of factors and not necessarily ANET side. However, when the problem is widespread, experienced by many players across different countries in the world with only the game as a common denominator, one has to seriously consider server issues rather than individual ISPs.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’ve had lots of issues some weeks ago, reported about them in several threads here, contacted Anet support as well as my ISP. Then all of a sudden I could play without any issues for about two, maybe three weeks.
Yesterday, and more so today, the problems came right back – lagspikes and disconnects.

Some official statements from Anet would be nice to see.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: Wham Valdez.5617

Wham Valdez.5617

Been struggling with lag all day and finally this evening I’m back to getting disconnected with error 7.

As I mentioned previously in the thread, evenings EST are the biggest problem for me. For the most part I can play in the AM without issue. 8pm is generally the cutoff and the beginning of the disconnects.

It seems to me that the problem is that the game servers cannot handle the load but we are told that various ISPs are unable to handle routing for hundreds of individuals. The latter seems most unlikely.

Posted by: Adzeni.2478

Adzeni.2478

This is getting totally ridiculous. My fiance bought the game for me for Christmas, and it ran perfectly for the first week or two. He bought himself the Digital Deluxe copy, and both accounts ran without any errors until recently. It’s aggravating (to say the least) to try to play a game you love and get kicked every 1-5 minutes. Not only that, but the kicks are getting more frequent and harder to deal with. Before, we could just wait ten minutes and then log back on for another twenty before getting kicked. Now, it seems like no matter how long we wait, we continuously get kicked. And if that weren’t bad enough, even if we manage to get five minutes in, we get kicked at the worst possible moment – for example, in the middle of a boss fight. There are moments when I want to smash my computer, I swear.

This is an extremely widespread issue – I don’t understand how that isn’t obvious. Players all over the world, with a large variance in ISPs and setups, are all dealing with the same issue; clearly, it’s something on Anet’s end, and it should be dealt with. (We’ve tried everything, and it’s definitely not on our end. Besides that, the fixes that have been provided are only meant to be temporary – we still need a permanent fix!) This problem has been around for way too long and for too many players NOT to warrant a fix. It’s frustrating to come to tech support looking for an answer just to discover that there isn’t one – everyone else is just as clueless and upset about it as I am. I can’t help but feel ignored and undervalued as a player.

Also, I understand that you want to gather as much information as you can, but do you honestly need to ascertain that it isn’t your fault at this point? Look at the facts: it’s happening to everyone, everywhere, and it’s only started happening since a patch that you put out. Personally, I’d be less angry if you all just came out and said, “All right, we screwed up. We’re sorry, we’ll fix it.” Even if you had to completely shut the game down for a month. Seriously.

I really, REALLY love this game, but it’s getting to a point where I don’t know if I want to play anymore. I hope this issue can be resolved. /:

P.S. @everyone: My fiance said that everyone who is experiencing this problem should email Anet. We need to stay active about this issue until they fix it, because either it gets fixed… or GW2 is going to lose a whole lot of players, that’s for sure. Maybe we should all go back to GW1 with the way things are going…

Adzeni.2478

Game just crashed completely. Tried to send this report to Anet, was told that there was an error sending my email. This is RIDICULOUS. Strongly considering not playing anymore.

Not sure if this will help, but…

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: NetGameClientAccountIsLoggedIn()
    File: ..\..\..\Game\View\Default\VdfContext.cpp(1387)
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 3484
    Cmdline: -isRelaunch
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 16458
    When: 2013-01-20T22:12:04Z 2013-01-20T16:12:04-06:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:54:59
    Flags: 0

Attachments:

Posted by: Fatum.5430

Fatum.5430

from what I have seen with this company, they really don’t care… every place I have worked it didn’t matter who’s fault, what happened, what the issue is… you went and fixed. You don’t just sit around blaming things on everything.. and at the very least you kept your customers updated as often as possible…. even if they are trying to fix this issue, they say nothing and make everyone believe they are ignoring it entirely… which is what is annoying people more then the issue itself…I left WoW because of the horrible customer service… but this game is making them look like angels… pathetic.

So long and thanks for all the fish, too bad it had to come to this.

Adzeni.2478

I agree with you on that. The customer service from Anet is minimal at best. It’s really frustrating, because it’s such a fun game. /:

Posted by: Shadex.3560

Shadex.3560

After going back and forth with emails from the tech support. Here is their diagnosis. To them it’s only a problem on my end. They even told me that because I have a USB adapter that is the problem and that I should “upgrade” to a more recent technology like a PCI adapter. If I can’t do that, only play this game if I’m connected with an Ethernet cable to my router directly(which is upstairs). Which is out of the question.

So I asked for a refund and they are processing it..I’m sad to leave this game because I loved it so far but I can’t play it and I just don’t see a fix coming any time soon.

Adzeni.2478

After going back and forth with emails from the tech support. Here is their diagnosis. To them it’s only a problem on my end. They even told me that because I have a USB adapter that is the problem and that I should “upgrade” to a more recent technology like a PCI adapter. If I can’t do that, only play this game if I’m connected with an Ethernet cable to my router directly(which is upstairs). Which is out of the question.

So I asked for a refund and they are processing it..I’m sad to leave this game because I loved it so far but I can’t play it and I just don’t see a fix coming any time soon.

That’s ridiculous. They’re just saying that because they have no idea what’s going on and they don’t want to look the fool. It’s unbelievable. Hate to say it, but this has pretty much ruined the game for me. I really loved it, too, but like you said, I don’t think there’s going to be a fix anywhere in the near future. /:

Posted by: Dark Magi.8947

Dark Magi.8947

Never had this problem until around 4:30 a.m. last night in WvW. Now the error code has been going on all day. I have tried the following:
Clearing the DNS cache
Power Cycling all my Network Devices (Routers, Switches, etc.)
Dropping fire-wall and virus protection.

I also cannot log into GW without the good old fashioned 007 error code. Now this may seem odd but from an IT stand point it is on Anet’s / NCsoft’s end. I came to this after logging in on my tower, and then on my laptop, one wired and other wireless. Both times I have been disconnected and returned to either the Launcher, or Character Select screen. In the past 709 hours I have very seldom seen this, and it wasn’t an issue; I just logged in and kept playing. Currently playing from the East coast of the US.

Also I must agree with the post about our ISP’s going bad at the same time. The odds of this are astronomical. With that note I would like to toss out an opinion on this.

Recently there have been massive amounts of server transfers going on with guilds getting into WvW servers. Could this possibly have an impact on the connections for those either transferring, or not transferring? If this is the cause of so many connection issues just wait till the transfers settle down before biting Anet’s head off.

Myself I will wait patiently until the 28th.

Hope to play again soon, and thanks for the great game Anet!

Excelsior!

(edited by Dark Magi.8947)

Adzeni.2478

@Dark Magi: That’s a good point, but it’s hard to believe that it isn’t Anet’s fault. This issue has been around for upwards of four months, you would think there would be a fix by now. In any case, I’ll wait it out until the 28th, as well, but if that doesn’t fix it… I’ll cry. Seriously.

Posted by: Dark Magi.8947

Dark Magi.8947

However there may not ever be an actual “fix” for this type of issue. This is simply due to the fact that “error code 7” is no more than losing a connection to a server hosting an application in which you the end-user are interacting with. This has been an ongoing problem no matter how severe through out the history of online gaming. Check that through the history of the net itself. That is why with scenarios like these you must be patient. IT teams can only work so fast.

By the way this goes back to something I stated in beta to some friends of mine. I do not care how bad the beta was, after five years I was happy getting to see what Anet has produced. Now I understand that some may be getting frustrated with the whole situation, I for one am happy to see nothing more than a mere connection loss has occurred.

Again just be patient, take a break play some Soul Calibur or something and let GW2 refresh itself a bit.

Posted by: Emoted Wolf.2583

Emoted Wolf.2583

Same problem. Same error. It’s been two weeks. Today I go online after trying everything and I see all these month-old obviously unresolved posts. What are they doing back there?

Posted by: Fangos.6421

Fangos.6421

I can’t log into the game at all, and when I finally did I lagged really badly in Cursed Shore till I dc’ed. Now I can’t log in anymore. GW2 actually cuts off my entire internet, and it’s not mine since I called the internet provider about it. And certain programs like steam work almost fine with no disconnection at all.

Posted by: catron.4856

catron.4856

This is ridiculous. I literally an not play the game. When im not being DC’d im getting severe lag, ie everything is frozen, then everything from the past 5-30 seconds happens at once.
My internet is perfectly fine!
please fix it!

Posted by: Axel.6051

Axel.6051

Lag is absolutely unbearable. This happened to me about a month ago where for about a week or two I couldn’t play the game, then all the sudden the game worked fine. Now I am unable to play the game again because of the lag. Internet connection is fine. There’s probably some packet loss but my ISP did little to help out. Really frustrating to play this game.

Posted by: BialislawPL.8962

BialislawPL.8962

Here is a possible solution for the Kaspersky AV users (possibly other software aswell). It works for GW2 aswell as some other games like logging in-game to ME2 or ME3.

You have to manually edit application privileges under the firewall settings. Find (using search bar) “Guild Wars 2 Client” (possibly more than 1 of those – edit them all) or gw2.exe (depending on the original verison of the client you installed), right-click it and select “Application Rules”. Go to the last tab and select the following:

-Do Not Monitor Activity
-Do Not Scan Network Traffic

• and under this one 3 new lines will pop-up:
    **click once “all traffic” to change it to “encrypted”

This will prevent the AV from interfering with the secure connection. For me this solved both being unable to login at all and being kicked out after an unspecified amount of time. My translations of the AV settings may not be 100% accurate.

Posted by: Howrackey.6193

Howrackey.6193

I’m running into this error as well as of 11/18/2012. I’ve had no issues to date with my connection and all of a sudden I can’t even log in and stay online for more than 1 minute. I immediately lag and am disconnected with the aforementioned error.

One thing I noticed was whenever I have guildwars running (log in screen, character select, or ingame) my internet slows down to a snails pace. I am unable to load any webpages, the music i’m streaming stops buffering, and my torrents stop altogether.

Is this the case with you folks too?

I believe if you shut down your other programs. eg: chrome, utorrent. it should stop this issue. also, if you are running guild wars through steam you will need to ensure that steam is not running when you open guild wars.

Posted by: Randin.5701

Randin.5701

I posted this in another thread, but I’ll but it here as well, since this is evidently the official thread.

The 1/29 patch has caused me to start getting this error. Lots of connection lag (like a two minute long period of nonresponsiveness) and disconnects (with this error code), averaging one every five minutes.

I was playing when the patch went through, so I can confirm this started the moment the game patched, so the chance this is something on my end is exceedingly slim. Hopefully Arenanet’s looking into this, as the game’s pretty much unplayable right now.

Posted by: rabid.9601

rabid.9601

I had the same issue as Randin. I went into my router and turned off the firewall and reset it, now it works, I have the firewall on my pc still up so I dont think this will be a problem ( I hope). it works fine now. my router is a Belkin btw.

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

I had the problem, then it went away for one day and it is now back on the 31st. Strange…must be some network problems.

Posted by: Talara.8053

Talara.8053

I’ve been having this problem for about a week now and it makes it impossible to play the game. Shortly before it crashes, everything in game freezes, yet I can still move around (just not attack or do anything else). Majority of the time, when I reload, I am dead because apparently the game was still going while nothing was actually happening on my screen. It’s becoming really unbearable. Several of my guild members are also having this problem and have been for at least a week. These crashes usually happen every 15-30 minutes. I KNOW it’s not my firewall or my Antivirus because I’ve been playing since release without a single problem, as have they. I can also run every other game without a problem, including League of Legends. This is the ONLY game that’s giving me problems. Though, just to be sure I ruled those out, I did take all the steps to check my firewall and antivirus software, and everything is as it should be. ArenaNet.. Please fix this problem. Obviously this is a server issue or majority of us would not be having this problem while having no problems with any other games. This isn’t an isolated problem with only a few people.. There are dozens upon dozens of us having this problem.

Posted by: Rallic.7542

Rallic.7542

I’m having the same issue.

I just bought the game this past Sunday, and had no problems on my first day or two of play.

However, after an update (on Monday or Tuesday I believe) the game became unplayable. After logging in for 30 seconds or so I get booted and this error code appears.

Please give us some feedback, or preferably fix the problem.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Ya, the game is getting to the point of being unplayable. Disconnects anywhere between 1 minute to 30 minutes. I’ve tried everything, and even contacted my ISP. This only started happening about a few weeks ago. Never had a problem before then.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Today my game is lagging unbelievably in battle and disconnecting. Non-battle I’m fine, but when I hit a skill, it has 10-30 second lag time while my enemy pounds away at me. First time I’ve had this issue with GW2 and my internet connection is fine (disconnected, then streamed a few videos with no loss quality or lag).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Lyncher.1495

Lyncher.1495

This is incredibly frustrating. I started having the exact same issues (same problems, same error message) that has been mentioned in this thread. I thought “ok, no big deal. I have an error message. I can search for it and find a fix.” It’s incredibly disheartening to see that this has been a widespread issue for many players for MONTHS and nothing has been done about it.

I guess that’s the difference in service you get when you switch from a paid subscription game to a free to play game. Once they have your money, technical support is a joke. Congrats on the 60 bucks, I hope you guys get more use out of it than I did.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Haven’t had any problems since launch in August, even after Wintersday and Lost Shore patches. Suddenly today I’m getting this message. Quite frustrating. I have a great internet connection and nothing like this has ever happened before in any game. Can barely even play anymore. I think the problem is ANet doesn’t know what to do about it. I suppose it could be on our end, but the fact that it’s happening to hundreds of people all over the world seems to suggest it’s something to do with the client itself. We can’t all have the same thing wrong with our computers that it’s our fault, can we?

Posted by: Fazt Az Centaurs.4025

Fazt Az Centaurs.4025

I agree, I wish they would do something about it soon.

Fezt, Fazt, Sqi ~ Kaineng

Posted by: ttetreau.3964

ttetreau.3964

Same problem here, purchased GW2 a month ago with no problems. I run on the highest settings, for I can with a custom biult $3000+ i7 six core with all the eye candy included. I have a 16 Mbit\s connection, disconnects never an issue on my end. But all of a sudden with no rhyme to reason the last two days that I have been playing THIS game, I get dc’d left and right. 15 minutes play… dc, 20 minutes play dc… 5 minutes play dc, dc, dc.

Hopefully they fix this promptly for this is a no no in tody’s gaming world.
Anyone wondering where a little bit of that $15 a month fee went to, in some of the other games you have played, or still play? This is a perfect example, of why paying a monthly fee, how painful it might be, is sometimes necessary and worth it.

(edited by ttetreau.3964)

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Had a good month worth of smooth connection, and then lag and error just hit me again yesterday. Haven’t been able to do dungeons normally.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

They’re doing maintenance on the 13th. So hopefully it fixes this problem. It really is annoying being dc every other minute and random lag spikes.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I’m getting “The game client lost connection to the server” whole day today, I can’t even login to do my daily cause every 30 seconds I get kicked to the character screen and even when I’m in game I can’t use any ability. My internet connection is fine no ms or anything.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

For anyone still experiencing this error message – please submit a Technical Support ticket. The best way for us to gather data and troubleshoot this issue would be one on one.

Please refer to the sticky thread below for information on how to contact support:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Omg, I started experiencing this error yesterday and thought I post here. Disconnecting every 10 minutes, making the game unplayable. Then I read this post is 3 months old…
Well, time to shelf the game I guess.

Sif Urkraft

Posted by: LosingStreak.1968

LosingStreak.1968

I also only started having this error since yesterday. Disconnect every 3 minutes or so, couldn’t even do my daily. If I knew Anet couldn’t fix an error a lot of customers where having more than 3 months ago, I wouldn’t have bought this game.

I only got this game like 21 days ago. Is it possible for me to get a refund? I really enjoy this game, but this error makes it unplayable for me and knowing that the staff can’t fix problems they’ve known about for a long time really puts me off.

I tried a lot of stuff thinking the problem was on my side or my ISP but as it turns out, I have the same symptoms as these people and Anet hasn’t posted a response as to why it happens nor any solutions here, which is infuriating.

I don’t wanna invest more time in a game where support is incompetent when problems arise and I surely don’t feel I’ve got good value for this yet as I only started 21 days ago.

I demand a refund.

Posted by: Piro.1463

Piro.1463

Well, nice to see I’m not the only one with this problem. I’ve been having this particular issue since after the server maintenance they did on Wednesday.
It also seems to be a recurring issue, seeing how old the initial post is.

One would like to think an issue as big as this would have been resolved by now.

Five days later, and I am just a teeny tiny bit irritated. /sarcasm

Let’s see what tech support has to say. Although, having read the replies here, I’m not putting too much hope into anything.

I know it is not my internet, nor my settings or whatever. I run Game Booster. I killed this annoying Windows Firewall the second I set up the OS. I had a friend over last weekend, she brought her laptop, and we managed to play the game from two machines, with my three roommates still being able to use the internet without any problems.

Should I be presented with a solution, I’ll let you know.

Posted by: Piro.1463

Piro.1463

Okay, guys, I found this http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/247019-errorcode7113189101/

I followed the instructions, and it worked.

“1. Click the “Start” button to bring up the Start Menu.

2. Type in CMD into the “Search programs and files” field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program “cmd.exe.”

3. Right-click on “cmd.exe” and select “Run as Administrator.”

4. Type “netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt” without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. You don’t need to do anything with this – this is more of a confirmation that these steps were done correctly.

5. Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Next, please try clearing your DNS cache. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the “Run” dialogue box.

2. In that box, type “cmd” without the quotes, and click the “OK” button. A DOS window should open.

3. Enter the following command below and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times."

Hopefully, this will help at least some of you.

Posted by: MERV.6420

MERV.6420

soooooo. THIS IS STUPID!!! obviously the problems not the hardware and the best solution the tech ppl came up with is a game advisor report?! i think they just want us to buy the game, play it to test for them and then throw it away… if i get a response from someone at anet i request a telephone # in which i can call and talk with someone about getting my money back, ULTRA UNHAPPY

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

If you have this problem please post on my thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Error-7-11-3-189-101-at-server-peak-times/first#post1471772 to help it gain traction. I would really like ANET to see that this problem has nothing to do with NCSoft or our ISPs, and finally do something to fix it.

Posted by: faberov.4510

faberov.4510

Adding one to the others, altough I do not think you guys (ANet) realy give a flying crap against the issue (apperantly).

I (would like to) play from UK / London on 30 meg Virgin broadband. I have no mayor problems with other games (played RoM, Lol (here minor lagg in bussy times of the day, but still playable), WoT, TF2, etc.).

I have an ASUS KV53 laptop with (not extensive list) Win 7/Linux (dual boot, Linux is only for testing GW2), GT540M grafics card, 4 Gig of RAM, yada yada, Atheros Wifi, etc.

I bought the game about 1 week ago, and after logon I kept getting dc, so I was unable to create a caracter. I installed Linux and managed to create a caracter. Unfortunately on Linux my Nvidia/Optimus driver is not realy doing well, so even with low settings I have 10 fps, and while there is no disconnect, it is unenjoyable (for the record on Windows in most of the games FPS is between 25 – 60, which I concider acceptable for a laptop).

I kept trying to play on Windows, and during this weekend I managed to play constant (wohooo!) 15 – 20 minutes before the game gave me error codes (with constant laggs, freezes). I would seek your wise advice to how to extend this wooping numbers of small sessions to a few hour enjoyable playtime, but I gues you have no idea nor care. Anyway, as a person working in customer support as well, I would like to express my disapointment.

Also to make things clear:
- game works in Linux, usualy manages to keep network connection but ugly (this eliminates the problem on behalf of my ISP/router/network adapter, if the occurance of dc only when GW2 runs would not be enough)
- OS up to date, drivers up to date
-antivirus is not an issue, tried without even one installed, same disconnect
- hardware is more than sufficient
- I am not an idiot, nor computer illiterate, at least COMPTIA, Microsoft Certificate and CISCO soon, work in IT industry says that…

Conclusion: go fix your bloody game, thats what people pay for.

Regards,
E.F.S.