FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Synesthesia.2975

Synesthesia.2975

Same sigh… Reference # 120831-002214
Ticked Submitted 8/30 ; so far not even a reply. not even a hello we’re working on it..
Unable to buy gems, w CC/Paypal/ Gift Visa
have been able to use it w/ other online places
Have checked bank – clear on their end; no problem w/ card(s);
They have no request from NCsoft part

Hopefully someone will get to it.
Thanks

Posted by: NNC.2086

NNC.2086

120905-010083

Same as tons of other people: Unable to use my Paypal, Debit or Credit card to purchase gems.

P.S. Please disable this dumb Payment Risk Management garbage permanently. My financial institution, Visa, Paypal and myself are all perfectly capable of handling this stuff on our own, and we have for years.

Edit: Was able to make a few purchases for $35, but am unable to use the $50 option.

(edited by NNC.2086)

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

Given the number of people this is affecting and the lack of any updates from ArenaNet I am beginning to doubt they are even reading this thread or care that this is a problem. We got some response earlier in the thread that they viewed it as a “serious problem” and would get focused on it but I’ve seen no evidence this is the case. My ticket was submitted on this on August 31! And I’m still unable to purchase gems. I am a BANK EMPLOYEE for crying out loud and ArenaNet thinks I (along with apparently lots of other of their customers) am some kind of fraudster. I charge around $30,000 per month on my AMEX and they decide on their own to block my attempt to charge a measly $50????" You’ve GOT to be kidding me.

Posted by: Revenemberkageshiel.9043

Revenemberkageshiel.9043

120905-010083

P.S. Please disable this dumb Payment Risk Management garbage permanently. My financial institution, Visa, Paypal and myself are all perfectly capable of handling this stuff on our own, and we have for years.

Exactly. Same here.

Sangrivane.4360

120905-010083

Same as tons of other people: Unable to use my Paypal, Debit or Credit card to purchase gems.

This is SPOT ON! Banks have far more sophisticated ways to detect fraud and are an adequate protection. ArenaNet needs to stick to developing games and NOT try to develop “payment protection” or whatever this idiotic program is called.

Sangrivane.4360

If we do not get action soon on this I’m inclined to go directly to NCSoft management on this. I’m quite sure Teak Jin Kim (NCSoft CEO) and Jaeho Lee (NCSoft CFO) would be alarmed to learn that the game they just funded with millions of dollars based on a micro-transaction business model is prohibiting likely thousands of customers from engaging in micro-transactions!!!

Posted by: Retro.1780

Retro.1780

i tried to buy a pack of 800 gems and every time i go to check my paypal to confirm the payment it never shows up. Ive tried it at least 4 times in the past 3 days. please work on this as there are items i want to purchase. thanks…

Posted by: sly.8429

sly.8429

I bought yesterday morning two mini packs and a xp boost with some left over gems I had. I have not received them yet and mail isn’t full.

Gems I bought with in game gold. Also I can get my GW Hat immediately but purchases just get deducted and never show.

Posted by: Hamrammur.7528

Hamrammur.7528

This is very odd I have checked with the bank and VISA where I live and they say there is nothing wrong with my card, even when I asked them if it was possible that the card was flagged as possible fraud they said that it was a long way from that happening. I feel like I am being threaded as an criminal. I give them one more week to fix this, after that I will quit playing GW2 and they will never get a single penny from me again PERIOD

Sangrivane.4360

This is very odd I have checked with the bank and VISA where I live and they say there is nothing wrong with my card, even when I asked them if it was possible that the card was flagged as possible fraud they said that it was a long way from that happening. I feel like I am being threaded as an criminal. I give them one more week to fix this, after that I will quit playing GW2 and they will never get a single penny from me again PERIOD

Same here Ham. My credit card companies (including the one I work for!) are not even SEEING the charges reach them because ArenaNet and their absurd “payment protection system” has concluded that I (along with the rest of us) are fraudsters or some sort and are not sending the payment through. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE!

Posted by: Makol.8726

Makol.8726

Their “security” system is complete garbage seeing as all it really does is cause nothing but issues. Banks and Credit Card companies already have their own forms of protection so why add on to that, especially with a broken system? No other company that I can think of uses it’s own system like this. They need to get it of it and all the headaches it’s causing will go away.

Even with my “24 hour purchase window” I am still getting the same exact errors. If anything I bet it reflagged me. A+ work.

(edited by Makol.8726)

Revenemberkageshiel.9043

Their “security” system is complete garbage seeing as all it really does is cause nothing but issues. Banks and Credit Card companies already have their own forms of protection so why add on to that, especially with a broken system? No other company that I can think of uses it’s own system like this. They need to get it of it and all the headaches it’s causing will go away.

Even with my “24 hour pursuance window” I am still getting the same exact errors. If anything I bet it reflagged me. A+ work.

Some of us, like myself; haven’t even gotten the ‘24 hour pursuance window’ even after sending the issue to support in detail. This is getting beyond atrocious. I bet they haven’t even read my support ticket. I asked for answers in it and have gotten no answers, no reply. Nothing.

Posted by: Thyachalis.1537

Thyachalis.1537

Hi
I’ve just purchased two(2) sets of the Black Lion Salvage Kit but only received one. I deleted my mail in case it was full but no luck. The gems, though, were deducted from my total so i know i payed for both sets.

Posted by: Draganos.8209

Draganos.8209

Bought a minipack yesterday, didn’t receive the item but still paid the gems for it.
My mail was full at the time, but now there’s space and I still didn’t receive it.

Posted by: TwilightStorm.7159

TwilightStorm.7159

This is getting beyond annoying for me. Why would I have such a restriction. I’m able to buy Riot Points with the League of legends client without ANY problems using the same card and paypal account. Why would it be different here.

Ticket: 120828-017758 , and 120902-008692

(Yes, I’m sorry I made two tickets, that’s because for some reason I wasn’t able to log into my first support account, so i made another one.)

Posted by: godobagels.2039

godobagels.2039

Just bought 2 Dye packs for 400 gems @ about 4:30 EST. Each time i clicked the confirm I got deducted 200 gems, but haven’t received them, and they aren’t on my recent purchase list. Mailbox is completely empty as well.

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

We have prioritisation for hacked accounts, are gem store accounts going to get any priority? My ticket dates back to Beta 3, date of response from NCSoft is 10th of August. Yes I been waiting for a resolution better than “get a new card” for a month.

Posted by: Justice.4397

Justice.4397

I bought a dye pack for 200 Gems . The gems were deducted but i never received my pack

I purchased 4000 Gems which 500 i used for an Armor Set . The remaining 3500 i was planning to use to buy some other stuff. Used 200 on dye pack never received. I am sending the image of my most recent purchase attached…. T_T

Attachments:

Posted by: BloodDoll.4602

BloodDoll.4602

120905-010083

Edit: Was able to make a few purchases for $35, but am unable to use the $50 option.

Yeah, agree. It’s also insulting to me and I’m really saddened by how unprofessional this situation is being handled. The only risk and fraud is with arenanets gem store taking(stealing) my money and not providing me with what I purchased. Then when I contact support, I get zero response for days and days. That seems really wrong to me. I’ve never encountered this in other games. I’ve been a loyal fan since day one, even before day one if you count NC Soft. I hope this gets fixed, and I get what I paid for. I want to use the gem store, I want to give my money to it, but I need to know that all payments I make will be honored.

Posted by: scottv.6507

scottv.6507

We have prioritisation for hacked accounts, are gem store accounts going to get any priority? My ticket dates back to Beta 3, date of response from NCSoft is 10th of August. Yes I been waiting for a resolution better than “get a new card” for a month.

get a new card is a poor answer from them because as I stated (and numerous other posters), I have tried every card I doesn’t work nor does paypal… it is their… “risk management” program that affects us

Posted by: legendrysayian.5849

legendrysayian.5849

me 2 help me i cant buy from gem store i have 70$ in my cc and i cant buy

even with pp my ticket:[Incident: 120906-010579]?

and : [Incident: 120906-007312]?

Posted by: Roboshuffle.7321

Roboshuffle.7321

i have a problem with the gem store that i cant buy gems. Card approval fail. and with paypal “An error occurred finalizing your purchase.”

Have had this problem for about 3 days now. thanks for any help!

Posted by: Vergessen.5164

Vergessen.5164

Purcheds 800 gems from the store through PayPal. Recieved the gems right away and proceeded to purchace a character slot. I clicked to confirm the purchase, but logged out before the gems were removed from my stock. I did not recieve the character slot and when I logged back in the 800 gems were gone.

I then purchased 1600 more gems (again through PayPal) and recieved them right away. Purchasing 2 more character slots worked just fine. I still have not recieved the original character slot that I purchased.

Posted by: Vashtii.1753

Vashtii.1753

Bought Level 80 transmutation stones and a primvale armor set and its been about 30 min.. still havent recieved the items. Gems are gone.

Posted by: Eigen.4168

Eigen.4168

Just had this happen to me today, had a 2 gem balance, got 798 gems and opened up a bank slot expansion which worked fine and then got a dye pack, and the gems were deducted from my balance but it hasn’t been delivered yet.

Right after the failed transaction my recent purchase history was blank, which it shouldn’t have been (i have other transactions). 5-10 minutes later all my past transactions returned to the list, but not the failed dye pack that had been charged.

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

Scottv, it is a poor answer as I have proven – after NCSoft Support told my gift debit cards would work – I tested it, it worked once in beta, then mysteriously after launch stopped working – Support told me I had too many card numbers listed against the one account. Brilliant isn’t it even their solutions don’t work.

The point though is simply that I have been waiting since before launch for a resolution. My ticket was supposed to have been elevated weeks before hacking and exploits became an issue so why haven’t I heard anything?

Posted by: Wannie.2385

Wannie.2385

I bought an extra character slot just a bit ago and it is not showing up yet, still only showing 5 slots. I purchased 1600 gems just before that and that worked just fine. Then went to buy the extra character slot, it charged the 800 gems leaving me with 800 left from what I purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Support Ticket Ref # 120906-010935

(edited by Wannie.2385)

Posted by: Minurva.3640

Minurva.3640

Just bought 800 gems with gold and got an expansion slot. Received nothing, happened about 37 minutes ago.

[Incident: 120906-010609]?

Posted by: Corinarh.8536

Corinarh.8536

Bought slot character expansion for 800 gems and i still have 5 character slots. Please fix that.

Posted by: ohac.8720

ohac.8720

I just purchased not 10min ago, 2 dye packs and a bump for xp and nothing was delivered. I had no issues before but just today. Previouse purchases, 1 dye pack and armor outfit worked fine.

As far as details? Hmm what’s to say? I was in Kessax Haven open the gem store, decided to get a dye pack and a booster for xp. Had 900 gems left, now have only 250 and the dye and boosters where never recieved. So as of this moment I am down 650 gems.

Thank you,

edit: forgot to add I only wanted 1 dye pack and one xp bonus, there is something I do remember, when I first bought them earlier today it worked fine. When I went back to do it, I clicked and did the “puchase” then nothing happened , so I did it again and again, needless to say it stacked up after closing the store and re-opening seeing the gems gone but not recieving items. I don’t want all of that just one of each thnx!

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer
http://www.dragonhorn.net

(edited by ohac.8720)

Posted by: DeadRobot.1359

DeadRobot.1359

I also have the same issue. Bought 800 gems and then bought the 5 pack Experience Booster for 500 gems. The 500 gems were deducted from my account, but the booster was never delivered. I’ve tried clearing my mail box but that hasn’t work. I would really like my gems back or my booster delivered, or my $10 back.

Posted by: Darkflame.7405

Darkflame.7405

I bought
profane armour 500gems = ok
5 black lion keys 450gems (didnt recieve)
minis 3 pack 300 gems (didnt recieve)
Krytan armour skin 500 gems ( didnt recieve)
plz help

Posted by: tekaru.2768

tekaru.2768

can anyone tell me what is supposed to happen when you buy another character slot? like others have reported, I bought one from the gem store, it deducted my 800 gems, and now what? a ‘tutorial’ type message popped up saying that I would get a message in my mail box, is that what I should be waiting for?

Posted by: Atalas.4965

Atalas.4965

I bought 1600 gems! I bought 2 sunglasses (accidentally), I bought the pirate outfit, an armor set and none of my items came through, I checked my mail, checked my bank, logged out and back in, nothing. I bought thatkittenhat for 0 gems and I got the item right away. Now…. How in the world will I get my items for wich I payed?!

Posted by: The Sphinx.4520

The Sphinx.4520

I feel like they are purposely avoiding talking about this issue as every single time someone mentions the exact scenario, they reply with the mail capacity thing. Granted this worked for a few people but evidently it’s not the main issue here. They asked me on Twitter earlier where I bought the items from – I replied and got no help in return.

It’s frustrating because i’m really enjoying the rest of the game.

Posted by: Twelvedudes.2983

Twelvedudes.2983

I may have a solution …. i tried the 35 dollar option and it worked every time i made 3 purchases in a row… give it a shot guys

Posted by: Reaper of Scythes.2948

Reaper of Scythes.2948

[Incident: 120905-007140]?

Yesterday I submitted this ticket, haven’t heard anything yet.
But anyway, I bought two character slots, but these slots have not been added to my account. When I log in to the character selections screen I still see just 5 slots.
Thanks for your attention, Anet.

Posted by: XWeaponOfChoice.6472

XWeaponOfChoice.6472

I purchased two packages of gems on September 2. The first purchase was 20$, and it didn’t go through so I tried to try again with a 10$ purchase. I still have not received my gems and there is no answer to my support email.

Posted by: EtoileLion.2816

EtoileLion.2816

I’ve used the BLTC fine several times previously. Not this time.

Same issue as most; purchased a whole series of dye packs (20 of them.) In doing so, clicked the button in rapid succession.

2 minutes later, 1 -200 debit was registered against my total.
another 5 minutes later, another few had registered.
2 close game/open game’s later, all 20 had registered.
I received a total of 3 of the 20 packs; one by one, spaced around 5 minutes apart each.

I have 0/10 in my inbox.

Still waiting on the rest to actually show up.

EDIT: As of this morning, the missing items were refunded in the form of gems, and the BLTC is working as normal again.

(edited by EtoileLion.2816)

Posted by: FatalRabbit.6528

FatalRabbit.6528

Reference # 120831-021506 reported on 31st Aug. Error message received when purchasing Gems either via PayPal or credit card. Please help!

Posted by: Flux Pavilion.7125

Flux Pavilion.7125

I honestly can’t believe how long it’s taking for a simple response. I haven’t even gotten an acknowledgement from Arena Net that my tickets even been looked at and it’s been well over a week now. I have been extremely patient on the matter but this is nothing less than poor customer service. I’m disappointed to say the least. Why not at least reply with a confirmation to the people who have submitted tickets acknowledging their issue so they don’t feel like their being left in the dark. A few days before a reply I understand but weeks is just outrageous.

(edited by Flux Pavilion.7125)

Posted by: Reaper of Scythes.2948

Reaper of Scythes.2948

[Incident: 120905-007140]?

Yesterday I submitted this ticket, haven’t heard anything yet.
But anyway, I bought two character slots, but these slots have not been added to my account. When I log in to the character selections screen I still see just 5 slots.

When I check the “Recent purchases” tab, my two character slots don’t appear, but the gems are gone.

Also, I did not receive an in-game mail confirmation of my purchase (not sure if that is supposed to come or not).

Bought a character slot a day ago, still only have 5 slots. Gems were deducted too. Gems bought with in game gold if it matters.

Kind of in the same situation.

Thanks for your attention, Anet.

(edited by Reaper of Scythes.2948)

Posted by: Azel.3125

Azel.3125

120905-006681

Gems brought, money charged ( says so in my online banking) never received the gems.
No reply to days old ticket.

Posted by: legendary angelis rowan.2354

legendary angelis rowan.2354

Card Aproval Failed [Incident: 120906-005548]
Don’t Say the problem is from my side bcoz i using this card on gw 1 without a problem at all… (^..^)v

Posted by: Porkins.7049

Porkins.7049

120904-000022

Can’t purchase any amount of gems.
Ticket was put in a couple of days ago.

Posted by: Bendial.5643

Bendial.5643

If you have tried to make a purchase in the Gem Store and have experienced issues, please post in this thread. Kindly include your 12-digit Incident Number in your post.

Thank you!

I’m experiencing the approval failed issue as well: 120827-012031

Posted by: Idelore.7120

Idelore.7120

Same issue. I was able to buy gems in the beta weekend where they opened the gem shop to test it.
Since release (early access) I have not been able to buy gems for any of the pre-set amounts available using either my Visa card or my paypal both of otherwise work just fine for anything else.

Had a support ticket open, but it has now been marked as CLOSED, yet I got no email, no help and I still can not buy gems.

#120831-018519

Revenemberkageshiel.9043

I may have a solution …. i tried the 35 dollar option and it worked every time i made 3 purchases in a row… give it a shot guys

Didn’t work.

Posted by: Applesauce.4897

Applesauce.4897

#120906-011200

Can’t use credit card to buy gems.

Revenemberkageshiel.9043

I hope the reason we are getting such a lack of response is because they are working on this to solve it, and permanently.