Low FPS - [merged]

Low FPS - [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: REXF.9104

REXF.9104

Same whit me, i play usually 25 to 40 fps, but in the bandithaunt caves its 10 fps, idk why, its only today because i quest in the area yesterday and i didnt had that trouble…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Gareson.5468

Gareson.5468

My issue is the same as Wiwaxia above described. Ran the game perfectly since launch.

Now, following weird flickering and screen drops on launch, the game enters the server with such a choppy framerate the game is unplayable. What happened between yesterday and today?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Dortmunder.9572

Dortmunder.9572

Noticed this last night. Made a new character with my friend, when we entered there I mentioned how the FPS in there was terrible.

His reply: “I thought it was just me”. :p

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Gameslave.9208

Gameslave.9208

I get poor performance in the game in most areas on my rather powerful computer. I notice that the camera movement is way more laggy what is playing out on my screen if my camera is idle. My reported FPS seems false, way higher than usual. In Lion’s Arch I actually get worse performance with Crossfire even though my reported FPS is nearly doubled when using Crossfire. I’ll get a reported 50 FPS with Crossfire in Lion’s Arch but it plays like 15 FPS. When I disabled Crossfire I get around 30 fps but it is so much smoother and more playable. During these times my GPU utilization is very poor, generally 50% on 1 card and 20% on the other. I swap between full-screen and windowed mode and lately I’ve been keeping it in windowed mode because it has a better worst-case performance but oddly in some areas Crossfire gives much better performance. I’m having a hard time grasping what is exactly going on.

Enabling Vsync actually helps the camera be more responsive. With an FPS cap in some areas it helps smooth it out. The sluggishness I feel is very regular. By regular I mean it is skipping a very consistent amount of frames, it isn’t jerky when it is running slow, it kind of slows down “fluidly”. It feels throttled or poorly optimized, but this is a gut feeling and I don’t have much for facts to back it up. What I can tell you is that my 2nd card’s utilization is very erratic, if it is averaging 50% load it is rapidly jumping from 25% usage to 75% usage.

For reference, I can play WoW at the absolute max settings @ 1080p in a busy area and average 100+ fps. Same with BF3. I’m quite tech savvy and work in IT as well. My hardware is running fine, as far as I can tell. It seems like GW2 is just simply not able to make use of my video cards. My CPU averages 70% load and very rarely spikes past 95% on 1 core. I think I should be able to run this game much better than it currently is with this rig.

I have no real solution. Just throwing my cards on the table.

Specs: i5-2500k @ 4.7 GHz
RAM 8GB @ 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
SSD Storage Crucial M4 64GB
Crossfire’d 2x Asus 7870s @ 1100/1300MHz
GPU Driver – 12.8 with 12.8 CAP 2

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Nyxyxylyth.8974

Nyxyxylyth.8974

I can’t say I’ve ever been ecstatic about GW2 performance, but I used to hit 40-something FPS pretty regularly. Today Best Performance = 25ish (staring at the PvP portals in Lions Arch), or Best Appearance = 17ish. 50% GPU load, 41% CPU load. Something got a lot worse in the last couple days.

AMD HD 7850, i7-860, 8 GB RAM.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: rebalnz.3869

rebalnz.3869

Hey all,

First, I want to apologize for the amount of time it has taken me to get a post up in this thread. We were digging through all the information we had been able to obtain from everyone, looking for any information that would better help us identify why you all are experiencing the issues that you are.

With that said, we would like you to run the below command which will provide us with a performance profile of your system while running Guild Wars 2.

Please follow the instructions outlined below:

1. Navigate to your “Guild Wars 2” installation folder. By default, this should be C:\Program Files(x86)\Guild Wars 2.
2. Locate “GW2.exe” and right-click selecting “Create Shortcut.”
3. Rename this new shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Performance Test.”
4. Right-click “Guild Wars 2 Performance Test” and select “Properties.”
5. Locate the “Target” line and add -perfdebug to the end.

Please make sure this is outside the quotes in the target line.

Correct Example:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -perfdebug

Incorrect Example:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe -perfdebug”

6. Once added, please click “Ok” to save your changes.
7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Performance Test” to start Guild Wars 2.
8. Log into your character and move to an area which you experience poor system performance in.
9. Press “Ctrl+Shift+C” to start a performance profile. This should take about 15 seconds and display a message in the chat window.
10. Once completed, you should be prompted with a save location of the .dat file containing your performance profile.
11. Please locate this file by clicking “Start” then “Documents” then “Guild Wars 2.” Double click the “Profiles” folder and you should see your profile’s “.dat” file.
12. Please compress this file with a program like Winzip, Winrar or 7-zip.
13. After the file has been compressed you will need to change the file extension to something like .piz before you can attach it to your post.

Once we have this file, we can examine the results for potential issues.

doesn’t seem to work for me. ctrl shift c doesn’t do anything no message is shown.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: miiksu.3741

miiksu.3741

Same here. Nothing happened.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Seed.1628

Seed.1628

same here. ctrl shift c does nothing.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

At the risk of being overly redundant, I’m going to also say that the ctrl-shift-c didn’t work for me.

Low FPS - [merged]

Hickeroar.9734

It doesn’t work for me either. Well, was worth a try. I’m going to take a lenghty vacation until we receive a reply from ANet support again.

I’m sure it won’t be long. They also replied the same thing in my “strange performance problem” thread. I’m glad they’re helping us out. :-)

I understand how it is from the other side of these kinds of things, so I’m going to give them some grace here…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: the uprising.6317

the uprising.6317

Its not working for me either, Maybe its because I have shift bound “next target”, ctrl bound to “show allies”, and c bound to “target closest enemy”. I think Shift + c is “previous target”

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Can a few of you guys who are having issues copy and paste your target line for me please?

Low FPS - [merged]

Hickeroar.9734

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -perfdebug

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: miiksu.3741

miiksu.3741

Here: “D:\Pelit\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe” -perfdebug

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: voidelysium.7285

voidelysium.7285

“D:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -perfdebug

I had my skills bound to ZXC keys, just restored defaults, reset game and tried again.
Even after restoring keyboard mappings I had the same problem. Still not working.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Thanks all, looking into this now.

*Edit
I went ahead and took down the previous instructions until I can figure out why its not working for you guys.

(edited by MattChernicky.2945)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Moshart.4739

Moshart.4739

i have 19-24fps in WvWvW in massive battle.
i have in 50-60fps in BF3 high video setting in 64 people map.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: IPunchedyour family.7294

IPunchedyour family.7294

Don’t bring up how well your computer runs Battlefield in here.

People will just start harping on about how you shouldn’t have assumed that just because every other game you own runs great this one would too. You were supposed to know prior to purchase that GW2 would be ‘completely different’ (ie. badly flawed).

Honestly if you get 24 FPS in WvW you’re one of the lucky ones. I get like 8.

On topic: I’m declaring the youtube fix to be bollocks. My game was back to its old tricks last night. 17-24FPS in lonely explorable areas. The game is only playable because most players have left the areas I’m trying to complete.

I just want a bit of consistency, even if that means I only get 30-40FPS that’s all good. Last night I did AC Story. The first 60% of the run, the game worked famously (50+ frame) and there were no issues. Then it started to stutter and tear and before I knew it we were back down to 14 frames again. There were no more people in the dungeon, we weren’t fighting 1000 things. There is no reason why that should have happened.

i53570k, HD6970, 8gb Ram – 60FPS

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

FPS issues seem better after patch. Anyone else?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Moshart.4739

Moshart.4739

no

????? ???? ???? ??? ? ??? ?????????. ((

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Dastari.2897

Dastari.2897

Just like to add to this topic that I was having a similar issue where I was running around with 70-80FPS then for no reason the game would drop to 20-25fps. If I ALT+Tabbed out and back in again immediately I would get 80FPS again for about 10-15 minutes till it dropped. This was looking at the same spot in the game without moving.

The issue has been fixed for me by downloading the AMD Catalyst Application Profile 12.8 CAP2 (Note: Installing the 12.8 Catalyst drivers did NOT fix the issue, i had to manually install the CAP2 before the problem went away)

Sysetm: Intel i7 2600k, 16GB RAM, 256Gb Revo, ATI HD6990

As someone else mentioned the CAP2 specially adds a profile for Guild Wars 2 to fix FPS issues.

(edited by Dastari.2897)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

FPS issues seem better after patch. Anyone else?

Yes, though might be placebo effect cause i think the same after every patch…

anyway.

knock on wood

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Wiwaxia.2791

Wiwaxia.2791

After today patch fps are slow10-20 , when 1days ago I was on 60fps max 50 stable everywere. I notice that, when game is in loading screen, it’s load fast; I jump in game faster then I was on 60fps. With high fps the loading screen was a little bit longer. I have impression the gw.exe doesen’t load something. I also check system, run defrag but notghng. Now try to use the suffix a.net suggest

exe gw2 with -perfdebug . Press crtl+shift+c and nothing. Try to press again and nothing, again and nothing.
I think the gw2.exe miss something when load game. My loading screen is really FAST to load and when I’m in game I have poor fps. Since 2days ago the loading screen was a little bit longer, everywehere, and when I was ingame my fps are absolutly ok.

(edited by Wiwaxia.2791)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: slapandtikle.8145

slapandtikle.8145

AMD Hex core (6) 3.8Ghz
16GB DDR3 13333Mhz
GTX560 800Mhz

poor performance Anet

(edited by slapandtikle.8145)

Low FPS - [merged]

Gareson.5468

Was hoping patch would restore FPS to playable range(the game ran perfectly for me until yesterday)….
Sadly, no change after game update. Still looking at a magical drop to a 5-8 FPS for no apparent reason.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Siala.8147

Siala.8147

FPS drops have made the game virtually unplayable for me, it’s only become apparent in the last 18 hours or so and seems to be entirely dependent on where I am.

Running perfectly smooth in some areas like Lion’s Arch and Divinity’s Reach (so I doubt it’s a population issue) but getting ~5 fps in Queensdale. Bring up the map up or rotating the camera upwards into the sky knocks FPS back up into the normal range, but obviously isn’t a practical solution.

In ~30 hours of play prior to last night I hadn’t experienced any significant FPS drops whatsoever other than whilst screen-capturing large World Events with particle effects firing everywhere.

Hardware:
1.5GB GTX 580 (OC’d)
12GB 1600MHz DDR3
Intel i7 960 3.2GHz

Game and Windows are running from SATA 3.0 HDD.

Edit: Poor performance seems to be across the board now. Game is completely unplayable. Turning settings down to low boosts my FPS to ~25 – there’s clearly something wrong.

(edited by Siala.8147)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Onizuka.3089

Onizuka.3089

my fps drop stop, but in WvWvW is unplayable… it is normal!?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Onizuka.3089

Onizuka.3089

i think the patch did change my fps problems, now the WvWvW continue unplayable

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Well … here is the story !
Key to success ….Windows 64 bit…. I tried everything but nothing was working. having 20fps in normal play end 1-3 in zerg was bad.. Core 2 duo 2.66. 4gb ram, gtx 560 TI windows 7 32 bit. so i got windows 64 bit end boy …. now i,m getting 40-50 fps over all end 9 -15 in zergs. MY PC got 50 % better performance just going to 64 bit windows so any one that having 32 bit i suggest going to 64 bit…. stile Anet need to do something for the WvW but now i,m over all happy with my PC. Have fun !
EDIT; end i dont Crush at all…

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

(edited by Zee.1294)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Simerja.4813

Simerja.4813

perhaps it worked for ya – but it doesnt work for others…

i already had Windows 7 64Bit before getting GW2 – and i have system alot better than yours, and still have really bad fps.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

Is this a problem with the game itself? Are they considering patching it?

How many of you out there are having low fps performance?

I should’ve been able to run this game on mid-full smoothly, but It just won’t do it :/ I sure hope this is a major issue with the game itself and not with my machine, cause I would hate to upgrade it again >.> But then again, if it’s necessary, it’s necessary.

The game has only launched 15 days ago, so hopefully, ArenaNet will fix things with time.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Some other command line parameters that people can add after the target line that may help figuring out whats the problem.

-diag

Creates, at startup, a detailed diagnostic logfile which contains data about connection tests and hardware information, located in your game directory or “Documents\Guild Wars 2” (NetworkDiag.log). Useful for determining what is wrong when Guild Wars 2 is not functioning properly.

Important: The program terminates after the logfile is created; since Guild Wars 2 will not be able run with this parameter on, make sure to remove it once Guild Wars 2 has finished creating the logfile.

-perf

Displays performance indicators such as; Triangles, memory usage, frames per second and transfer rate in bytes per second are displayed in multi-colored text in the middle of the right side of the Guild Wars 2 window.

-cuda

Allows the game to use Nvidia CUDA processing if available.

-repair

Start the client, checks the files for errors and repairs them as needed.

Forces the game to download all known updates.

This command updates gw2.dat, the game’s data file. Remember to check Auto-Play, so that the program automatically closes after the update is completed.
The exact size of the file can vary across installations, although you might have to download up to 25 gigabytes of data.
The data file can be copied to other machines, instead of downloading via the internet.
Recommended: Create an extra Guild Wars 2 shortcut (e.g. “Guild Wars 2 Updater”) specifically to use this command line switch (you will not otherwise be able to play the game, since this program closes after completing the download).

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: PerryOde.2597

PerryOde.2597

Is it just me or does none command line parameters work?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: psyway.4356

psyway.4356

``We are currently looking into performance and low framerate issues that some players are experiencing despite having a system that exceeds the minimum requirements``
i received this from arena yesterday so they working on it guys,hope soon

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

After today path the game run worst to me, when i played alone or in small groups i can get 40-60fps and with big grups 20-40 in High, WvWvW or dragons unplayable but well, the rest is ok.

But now when im alone or small gropus 15-35 FPS, and now big groups unplayable, dragons no comment, great job arena.net -_- , we are going backwards.

And of course change to the highest graphics to lowest only change 3-4 fps at max.

E8400 3.0GHZ
4GB Ram
Ati 4870 HD with 12,6 CCC

(edited by GonzoNeo.4965)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: K Cross.3458

K Cross.3458

Until a couple of days ago I was getting a good and stable fps average (55~60). After some game update, my video card (is a dual-gpu card) is behaving oddly. Now, only one of the gpu is running at 99% of usage, the other one only runs at 50%. After this “patch”, the fps dropped (30~35) in PvE world (I haven’t been in WvW since, ‘cause I know it ain’t gonna be pretty).

EDIT:

ATi HD 5970
i7 950
6GB RAM

(edited by K Cross.3458)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Rosh.1372

Rosh.1372

I have been keeping an eye on this thread. Since launch till 3-4 days ago I had fairly disappointing frame rates, about 40-50 fps at 1080p (max settings except for native sampling), 25-30 with Nvidia 3D. Then one of the patches 3-4 days ago bumped my fps up to 80-100, 50-70 with 3D, which seemed about right for my build. Unfortunately today’s patch has again brought me back down to the previous fps. Hopefully I can be returned to the lovely fps of a couple of days ago, looked great on my 120Hz LED panel.

Core i7 860 oc@3.4Ghz
Gigabyte P55A-UD3R
4gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Geforce GTX 660 Ti @ 1330Mhz core, 1730 Mhz RAM
306.02 Nvidia drivers
Creative X-Fi Sound.

Edit: Should also point out the game also seems ‘jittery’ now. Nasty fps spikes when the camera is moved. Game is playing on an OCZ Agility 3 120Gb SDD.

(edited by Rosh.1372)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Knox.8603

Knox.8603

AMD Radeon HD 5730
Intel i5 M450 @ 2.4ghz
Unable to update my drivers b/c I have a dual gpu, which doesn’t support the latest drivers from amd. the last time the drivers were updated was in 2010, anyone know a fix?
getting about 10-20fps on lowest settings, WvW is unplayable at 1-2 fps. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Spotred.7125

Spotred.7125

After the new patch i suddenly i got 14 fps while playing.

I’ve been playing the game on a stable high setting with 60 – 40 fps. I’ve updated the graphic card to try fix the issue, but with no change in the problem.

My system specs are:
AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series 2GB
Intel Core i7-2860QM CPU @GHz Quad Core
16 GB Ram
64 Bit Win 7

“The people, they’re nothing but children. Repeating their mistakes…
And then they die.”

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: JunkyardWolf.4126

JunkyardWolf.4126

I too just noticed this. It’s related to the Shaders setting in video options. Prior to today, having it on Medium worked fine. Suddenly, I have to put it on Low to get 50+ fps. So, go in there and set Shaders to Low and that should (temporarily) fix the problem for you (at least it did for me).

Hopefully this will be a very short-lived bug, because having NO Shaders is a huge drop in visual quality.

Edit to add: Prior to today’s update, with Shaders on Medium, was getting around 55-60 fps; after update, around 24 fps.

(edited by JunkyardWolf.4126)

Low FPS - [merged]

Gareson.5468

Many of us saw this inexplicable FPS on over-spec systems yesterday…even before the patch. This game ran beautifully for me before yesterday and is now unplayable…so weird.

Low FPS - [merged]

Spotred.7125

Yeah it’s kinda wierd to play on high settings with 60 fps. And suddenly have to experience 14… It’s a wierd and annoying bug which as JunkyardWolf stated, in many cases is affected by the shader.

Tried to turn down the shader with no improvement. I guess i’ve just have to wait for a fix.

And then they die.”

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

No comments of Arena.net about the new “update” the game run now worser and no word until now, and they are anwser post right now.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Hyperion.6027

Hyperion.6027

I am having the same issue. Eight hours ago from this posting, the Grove offered me around 40 FPS.
Now, it averages at 8.

AMD Radeon 5870 1 GB
Intel Core i5 660
4 GB RAM
Win 7 64bit

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Novus.9013

Novus.9013

Same for me. I play it on a GTX460 SLI setup and yesterday it runs fine, now it doesn’t run smoothly anymore. A few days ago, the same happened to my notebook; runs fine first after patch; runs worse. I don’t know what they’re doing, but I sure hope they get it fixed soon.

Low FPS - [merged]

Gareson.5468

I was really enjoying this game since launch with no FPS issues until an oddly weird load time yesterday followed by a lovely in-game FPS of 5-10. It’s almost blasphemy, but I almost wish at this time arena.net was monthly subscription because they would have an incentive to actually figure out what went wrong and fix it…but they already have my $60. Since from their descriptions of overloaded servers forcing a suspension of sales, I guess they sold more copies than they expected. I can only hope they care to support it for the long term. It was a great game….I hope it becomes playable again. You want $10 a month from me to make it so? You got it!

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Well … here is the story !
Key to success ….Windows 64 bit…. I tried everything but nothing was working. having 20fps in normal play end 1-3 in zerg was bad.. Core 2 duo 2.66. 4gb ram, gtx 560 TI windows 7 32 bit. so i got windows 64 bit end boy …. now i,m getting 40-50 fps over all end 9 -15 in zergs. MY PC got 50 % better performance just going to 64 bit windows so any one that having 32 bit i suggest going to 64 bit…. stile Anet need to do something for the WvW but now i,m over all happy with my PC. Have fun !
EDIT; end i dont Crush at all…

Your fps issues are due to having “only” a dual-core CPU and 4gb ram. Using 32bit Windows was just hurting you even more. I thought that would have been self-explanatory really, as most people here already have Win7 x64 (they’ve mentioned this in their posts). So while I’m glad you’ve “fixed your issue,” it is not really a solution for anyone else.

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

After today path the game run worst to me, when i played alone or in small groups i can get 40-60fps and with big grups 20-40 in High, WvWvW or dragons unplayable but well, the rest is ok.

But now when im alone or small gropus 15-35 FPS, and now big groups unplayable, dragons no comment, great job arena.net -_- , we are going backwards.

And of course change to the highest graphics to lowest only change 3-4 fps at max.

E8400 3.0GHZ
4GB Ram
Ati 4870 HD with 12,6 CCC

I call BS dude =P. I had a 3.6ghz Core 2 Quad (Q9400 @ 450fsb) with a 4890 1GB (also OC’d) and 8GB DDR2 before I upgraded my vid card for this game (hahaha), and did not EVER get anywhere close to 60 fps in group combat, let alone solo questing. Staring at the ground, maybe.

Here’s your real issues:

1. Dual cores are not very good for this game. Too CPU-dependant, hopefully this is fixed sooner than later though.
2. 4GB of RAM leaves roughly 2GB or less for the game. Not enough. Game uses 1.5gb+ pretty consistently, if you have pretty much anything else running you will run out of memory. You might still even with nothing else running.
3. 4870, noticeably slower than my 4890, and that could barely handle the game. Time to upgrade man, those cards are over 4 years old. We are 3 generations beyond the 4xxx series now. And if your 4870 isn’t even the 1GB model then you’re just going to be SOL performance-wise (goes back to the “time to upgrade your card” bit). Modern day games use well over 512mb VRAM.

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

Low FPS - [merged]

Spotred.7125

I’ve tried to play around in different games also, and for some strange reason my fps is lower there too. This problem also started after a windows update…

Have anybody here downloaded a new windows update recently connected to the problem?

And then they die.”

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: JunkyardWolf.4126

JunkyardWolf.4126

Hmm, I didn’t even think about the Windows updates, which I applied today before doing anything else including GW2.

Can’t say whether there’s a connection though, pure speculation at this point. Guess all we can do is wait until more info becomes available either from ArenaNet or Microsoft.