Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Vatras.2806

Vatras.2806

Deutsche Telekom and Dzagonur-Server – unplayable (even worse than last year).
I paused since November last year due to heavy lag problems. At that time these problems got related to telekom-users in germany – do these telekom-problems have been fixed meanwhile and is it just bad luck that only TODAY it seems even worse than before OR were these telekom-GW2-Lag-problems never fixed and still persists or maybe got worse?

My provider is the Deutsche Telekom as well, ad I can ensure you, that this is the only kittening day in this year, I am experiencing that bad lag

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Tomeskimo.6415

Tomeskimo.6415

Same problem
ISP: Swisscom Switzerland
Massive Lags and unplayable. Skills doesn’t work. Load screen still about 5 min. than disconnects. Today evening I can only do something in Lionstone. in the other areas no playing possible.
Server Elonafels DE.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Galdamir.4026

Galdamir.4026

I now have 3 Chartacters stuck in loading screens on Gandara and as I type it looks like a fourth is joining them, this game is rapidly going to hell in a handbasket.
Anet you need to do something soon

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

switched to another server as a guest and that server works great (abbadons mouth -> Miller’s Sound). so far.

(edited by raubvogel.5071)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MoggyLXIX.2891

MoggyLXIX.2891

switched to another server as a guest and that server works great (abbadons mouth -> Miller’s Sound). so far.

Lucky you…Millers Sound is my home and have been unable to play today.

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do and die

Network Lag [Merged]

raubvogel.5071

try switching yourself. may the luck be with you

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

every day around 6-7 I get massive lag spikes. My FPS is still really smooth but the game will naturally delay like 4 seconds and sometimes just stop completely for 30 seconds than all the events that occurred will all happen really fast.

is this my computer or my connection?

ps. I do internet speed tests and everything seems fine at these times.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zarazakzr.2076

Zarazakzr.2076

I’ve been having lag spikes during prime time for a while and recently I figured out that my ISP is throttling port 6112, a port used for several game services. If I force the client to use port 80 instead the lag goes away.

I posted the solution here if anyone is interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19fnoj/if_youre_suffering_with_laglatency_issues_during/

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Menarche.6137

Menarche.6137

I tried using Battle Ping as someone suggested in one thread and the problem was gone. I can finally play again. The lag and disconnection issues are gone. While this may seem like a good temporary solution for now, I’m still hoping that Anet will fix their servers to the point that we don’t need to use these programs just to play the game.

Hey man. i started using this and it works really well only thing is i cant seem to join parties access guild chat guild page and even whispers. do you know how to fix this?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: DGM.6143

DGM.6143

In highly populated events like Claw of Jormag or similar the lag is constant, skills don’t trigger and attacks don’t register (Aurora Glade). This first started happening after the update. Everyone in the server lags in these events. The lag completely disappears as soon as the event ends.

Network Lag [Merged]

raubvogel.5071

I’ve been having lag spikes during prime time for a while and recently I figured out that my ISP is throttling port 6112, a port used for several game services. If I force the client to use port 80 instead the lag goes away.

I posted the solution here if anyone is interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19fnoj/if_youre_suffering_with_laglatency_issues_during/

That port thing doesn’t work and guesting also doesn’t do anything. Any solution for prime time lagging (starts usally 5/6 pm and ends 9/10 pm)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Herz.5821

Herz.5821

Lagging again today, started at 5pm… jesus christ, this is unbelievable, everything was smooth since release until yesterday for me, now I can’t play at peak hours at all!

Give us some feedback ArenaNet, this is unaceptable, so many posts and you can’t even tell us if you’re looking into it? I don’t mind stop playing for a couple of days as long as I know that you will get this over with.

Zalman Z11 Plus | Intel Core i5 3570k | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | Thermalright True Spirit 140 |
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 G.Skill Ares | Asus HD7870 DCUII V2 @ 1150/1350 Mhz |
1TB Sata III Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MoggyLXIX.2891

MoggyLXIX.2891

Again lagging like mad. This morning it worked perfect, and now, skills not triggering and disconnects. For me personally after 4 months of play, I have only had this problem the last few days since the new daily awards were implemented. Why don’t they roll back a patch and repair the current one before implementing again.

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do and die

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Arkanis Drako.5169

Arkanis Drako.5169

I play on Riverside, am a customer of the “Deutsche Telekom”
and expierience very, very high latency, since a few days, especially
around 5 PM, GMT+1.

Today I lost conection completely.

I checked other games and had no problems.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: aern.5023

aern.5023

Lags again.
Changing ports doesnt help me…

Cathaerna | Dugada
Hand of Blood [HoB]
Aurora Glade

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I host my small guild’s mumble(murmur) server, & I get lag in orr areas. Would the amount of lag in game from too many people/big events, lag my mumble server?

Cause its lagin hard since the big patch of guesting & better loot chests, when it never did before.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: snapshot.5017

snapshot.5017

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19fnoj/if_youre_suffering_with_laglatency_issues_during/

i uset this and it fixt all my problems, not one lag anymore
i had to chance the port to 80

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

My GF and me are also experiencing unplayable lag during 18:00-~23:00, Deutsche Telekom.
Even outside of those times, events with multiple players like the dragons will cause 10s+ ability lag. During prime time it’s completely unplayable with disconnects, endless loading screens, 30s+ delays.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I did port 80 a while ago and it did fix inital lag now I made it my default client and I’m always lagging again. <- was I not supposed to do this?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Daddydeath.9371

Daddydeath.9371

Since release the game was fine, after this big patch i simply cannot play during peak hours, we were happy with the game the way it was, why do you implement patches that cause issues for everyone? plz in future make sure you get it right before you implement anything

Commander Soul Stone I
Guild leader of Gorillas On Drugs (APE)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Like so many others it would seem, i have become a victim of “new and improved”. The recent changes made it impossible to play during large scale events. And i don’t even have to participate in said event. Just being on the same map makes it pretty much impossible to do anything.

Before the last patch i had no problems even during prime time hours participating in large scale events like the temple events in Orr. Right now whenever something like that starts up i will experience major latency problems.
And trying to participte in one of those events basically froze my game and then disconnected me after some time.

So whatever you “improved”, i would very much appreciate if you “deproved” it again. because right now large parts of the game are unplayable.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lunykaros.4301

Lunykaros.4301

Like you guys i got these “pretty cool” laggs too ….. its horrible.
The playing experience sucks pretty much cause of those laggs.
My Computer AND Connetion are 100% running prefectly fine and more then capable then running GW2.

I also tryed the port changing trick but it didnt work for me.
It didnt change anything at all ! (btw. it doesnt matter when i play its all the time !)

I just can agree with you guys, i dont get it either how this could get published.
Are you even testing your patches ? :P
Its time to get this fixed A-Net tbh i am pretty kitten of by that “patch”.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Mojo Lux.2748

Mojo Lux.2748

Reached the end of my patience with this situation and the thunderous silence from Anet. The game is simply unplayable in its current state. And I wasted hours trying to troubleshoot a problem that is clearly Anet’s, not my rig, network or ISP.

Crap code, poor QC and absent customer service = Reinstalled SWTOR.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Scarn.1703

Scarn.1703

yeah, i guess gw2 is over for me as well. lag has been so bad since the update that i keep losing connection to the game. can’t play at all. everything else works fine so i know its not my connection. oh well i guess, off to find another game.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: ZhaitanForMayor.9810

ZhaitanForMayor.9810

This is my ping plotter. I’m not the best at interpreting network issues, however all the hops are fine except for the PL at the destination address. It’s definitely not a firewall issue as I’ve removed my firewall thinking that may be the problem. The latency is intermittent, however when it kicks in the game is entirely unplayable, never mind doing any sort of PvP.

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Daddydeath.9371

Daddydeath.9371

I left wow as it was too old, swtor as it had lack of content, now am leaving gw2 due to the dev not giving a single **** about us gamers, support is very poor, forums are ignored, noone answers tickets and some problems had been there since launch which means it takes Anet months to fix their issues, well good thing elder scroll online is coming out this year, if they can have all players in one server with no lags i have no idea why i lag in spvp with 16 players due to a new patch.

Commander Soul Stone I
Guild leader of Gorillas On Drugs (APE)

Network Lag [Merged]

aern.5023

I have same problem, I wrote ticket with PinkPlotter and here is answer:
Because the loss of data is happening prior to it reaching our game servers, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance. I would highly recommend sending them the results of your Ping Plotter test so they can visually see the issue you are suffering from.

Cathaerna | Dugada
Hand of Blood [HoB]
Aurora Glade

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

I’m getting horrible network lag as well. Never had a problem until today’s update. Completely unplayable. It’s horrendous in Cursed Shore, but it’s not the only place affected. I’ve tried many zones, and they are just as bad. Click to attack, and I have to wait 2 to 5 seconds for the skill to go off. It’s terrible and I hope ANet fixes it ASAP.

“The hype is real.”

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

Also like to note that I tested out other games and they play just fine, so it’s the update they implemented, not my system.

“The hype is real.”

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

For those PH players out there: maybe the issues lie in the network routes between the ISP and the US servers farm? I’m not getting serious stutter issues with my connection towards the EU server farm (Piken Square) although I’m getting a lot of connection losses along the way. Fortunately, it just spells a few ms of delay, though a lot noticeble in WvW. Using PLDT, btw. Tried Globe wireless, and it has a lot more delay, but the connection is also stable enough for WvW.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

I have started to having lags maybe 2 months ago, but it wasnt that bad as it is for last couple of days. I have tried every possible solution, changing ports and priority of the game, using game booster, contig, laetrix latency fix, changing home world, nothing helped me. Like you others already mentioned, i can play any other online mmorpg fine, without any lags or another issues. So it have to be gw2 problem, not my pc or network problem on my side. I’m having lags all day, not only during the prime time, but it is true that it became even worse in the late hours and the game is completly unplayable.

The interesting fact is, that when i was playing sPvP today, it was not lagging much on the maps Forest of Niflhel, Battle of Kyhlo and Raid on the Capricorn. The maps Legacy and Spirit Watch were lagging hard and the Temple of the Silent Storm was one huge lag from the begining to the end, sometimes with disconnect. I’m asking myself, why? But this is not common every day, some days different maps are playable and others are not.

So where is the problem? I want to play GW2, but i can’t now. And i’m worried that ANet will not find a solution for this very soon. I can not even recommend this game to any of my friends, because, what if they will buy it and will have the same issues as i and a ton of other people have?..

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Serendipity.1547

Serendipity.1547

unplayable since the patch, even on sunday noon i have lags of 10 seconds

swisscom, switzerland

can you pls once again clear up the ip-adresses from swisscom? that worked the last time

(p.s. with vpn via finland it works without a problem)

Network Lag [Merged]

aern.5023

Now I really dont know what to do. First, I wrote ticket to GW2 support and they tested and they sait that problem is in my ISP. So I contacted ISP, they tested my connection and found no problems.

Cathaerna | Dugada
Hand of Blood [HoB]
Aurora Glade

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: lukr.6291

lukr.6291

Same here, lag spikes after january patch and since then it’s even worse.

After january patch i was experiencing lags mostly in PVP, playing in dungeons and maps was fluid so i thought its related in tests on PVP changes, but after two weeks same lags appeared in rest of game. Lags last for few or even dozen of seconds, in PVP i can run through half of map on lag.
After february patch game mostly disconnect me on longer lags so now game for me is totally unplayable and its hard to even make daily.

I tried deleting local.dat, configuring port forwarding in router, changing ports, even changing server but no luck so far. I might be wrong coz i dont know much about networks but game was running ok for me before and i can play other online games without problems so i don’t think it’s ISP problem.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: PrinceCola.5620

PrinceCola.5620

I did port 80 a while ago and it did fix inital lag now I made it my default client and I’m always lagging again. <- was I not supposed to do this?

Same issues..port 80 worked perfectly a while but now its super lagging. I switch between the default client and port 80, but both have massive lag and error. 7-11-3-189-101

EDIT: Oh…something weird happening right now…when i try to log into my characters i takes a long while before anything happens…when i enter game i can only move my character but cast no skills…weird o.0

(edited by PrinceCola.5620)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Lagging as well. Drakkar Lake, Switzerland. New issue.

Now I really dont know what to do. First, I wrote ticket to GW2 support and they tested and they sait that problem is in my ISP. So I contacted ISP, they tested my connection and found no problems.

Ha! They seem to have a sense of humour (being the least cynical right here of course). If after certain patches there are pages upon pages of sudden lag reports rolling in, it can be said almost certainly that the problem lies on ANets end.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: madzoran.4802

madzoran.4802

I havent experienced a fluent hour today. (!)
Really bad. its after a small patch from today. horrible horrible horrible. Error in Arah, Error when i open G, error when i jump, error everywhere.

And Yes. Sure. Bunch of lags on each character.. delay 2-5 seconds. duh……
I was so looking forward on these guild missions.
i wish you fix asap.

Network Lag [Merged]

Galdamir.4026

Running a fractal right now and the lag for me is insane, I am constantly crashing out, yet I took part in group events earlier in the day with lag yes, but no crashes.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

For me the lag started yesterday and makes the game currently unplayable. My Warrior is running around Diessa Plateau and as far as I can tell there is no one near her but still activating skills are delayed.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Grax.9204

Grax.9204

Since the february patch the game most of the time is unplayable for me. I’m experiencing huge delays on everything I do.
The fact that I know tons of people with the same issues and that there also are tons of posts on this and the german forum about it, but still no official statement regarding this slowly makes me angry

Asura Mesmer – Gragx – Kodash
Virtus – [VRTS]
http://virtus-gilde.de/gw2map

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

Really bad lag, its currently unplayable at the moment for me, i can’t even be bothered to do my daily, really hope something is fixed soon as it’s really frustrating and killing the game for me at the moment. Hope we get an official reply soon

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Wrill.8962

Wrill.8962

it suuuuuuuuuuuucks!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Dyniak.1429

Dyniak.1429

The game is unplayable lags, delays disconectings someone will do something with it?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: dtraxx.9168

dtraxx.9168

Lags as hell and after few minutes dc with code 7:11:3:189:101

Was trying to change map for The Shatterer but it wouldn’t stop loading. After canceling the game, the new login attempts were terminated with various code 7:1000:7006:382 and 42:1000:9001:4110

It’s this the last few days – after patch.
It “a bit” frustrating that there is no one officially answering to this.
Get this fixed, this lovely game is unplayable right know

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Turnbolt.2047

Turnbolt.2047

Just tried to play on Ring of Fire and experienced delays of about 5 seconds at first, which quickly became larger (up to a minute or so).

Re-booted my router but to no avail!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

so what?

we come here, we state we have bad lag and we can’t play, which is what i am experiencing then what?

can i provide additional information to help fix this or is this just to blow off steam?

edit: eventually it displays code 7:11:3:189:101

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Nehalem.8196

Nehalem.8196

Since the update (26.2.) I have very often stuttering and skill-lags. Since today from around 5-6pm I cant play at all. Superior lags up to 10seconds and disconnects all the time. There is no way to play this game atm.
Other games work well.

I am from Czech Republic and server is Desolation EU.

Network Lag [Merged]

Galdamir.4026

Well I’m getting the same error message as Ariete when I finally crash after lagging in the Fractals. I was hoping it was just a specific fractal but after limping to a second the same keeps happening.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It would sure be nice to play this game tonight. Total lagfest or disconnects.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Poeticas.9435

Poeticas.9435

I have had only 10 dcs in last 20 mins while walking alone … trying to do an simple event.

Don’t Struggle To Live… Its not worth the time!

Slepete / Ranger / Sword/Horn Survivor / Desolation Server /