Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Deimo.2615

Deimo.2615

Good point Wilhelm, I will check this out myself. 60kbps in an MMO is a killer! Other MMOs close the traffic within 20 kbps. I must agree that it got much worse this weekend, exactly after the patch.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: poldik.2639

poldik.2639

It’s still possible to get refund . It solved my high network latency problems.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Styx.2639

Styx.2639

Fix this Anet it’s becoming ridiculous

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Subby.2583

Subby.2583

Connection issues since last update. Server Whiteside Ridge: EU.

I can connect and play, but there is delays when casting skills etc.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Switzerland, Drakkar Lake. I just started a story quest right now and it is literally unplayable with at times several minutes ping, which strengthens my claim that, atleast in my case, it only happens in instances (i.e. dungeons are affected as well) at prime time. General PVE maps aren’t affected.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Nave.8723

Nave.8723

Same problem.
The sound works, the video doesnt.
In the morning I can play, but since 6am the game is UNPLAYBLE!
Its going on for a few days ?(sience I bought the game).
can anyone from AREANET do something?!
You are runining the game for all of us!
Israel, Gunnars Hold
PlEASE DO SOMETHING! I BEG U!

Network Lag [Merged]

Styx.2639

Anet fix it it’s been awhile already.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: vortex.5904

vortex.5904

Switzerland, Gandara,
also massive input lag. Both in Plains of Ashford and in Ascalonian Catacombs. I can move freely but the whole environment (players, mobs, skill activations) is frozen. Was kicked twice by error 7:11:3:189:101. During the day it didn’t occur. I hope that helps

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Trafalgar.5247

Trafalgar.5247

Switerland too, Swisscom IP.

Server: Gunnar’s Hold

Around 20:25 (local time) the game becomes unplayable. Huge lag, rubber banding, and disconnections occour permanently, from the start (20:25) until 23:30. It can’t be the IP, since during that same time I play Battlefield 3 or Starcraft 2, and they both run perfectly. During the day, Guild Wars 2 runs PERFECTLY

Network Lag [Merged]

Deimo.2615

So I managed to notice that I have this crazy lag only in the data that my game client receives from the server. Data sent out from my client is ok. So I’ve run Windows Network Monitor only on incomming traffic having only GW2 launched and this is how my game looks like: <see image attached>.

Please ANet, do something about it, there is an obvious congestion on one of the network nodes.

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Merlina.3125

Merlina.3125

Switzerland – Gunnars Hold.
Been trying to log in for the last hour – takes ages to load and if it does load I get dc-ed. The short moments I am in game are so laggy I can’t even chop wood from a tree.
Had some issues yesterday but not this bad. Game is unplayable.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Resetting my router (changing my ip in the process) fixed things for a few hours today. Even managed most of HotW, right up till halfway through the end boss where I got Error 7 disconnected. Then when I reconnected the lag was back and as bad/constant as before. I’m not going to keep resetting my router as that will cause my isp to automatically lower my connection speed and as this is clearly only a problem related to GW2 it’s not worth wrecking my gameplay experience on other games for. Also started getting Code 3032:1002:3:4350:101 disconnects too after the last error 7 disconnect. Sort this kitten out Anet.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Network Lag [Merged]

Deimo.2615

As stated here:
https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Lag-Probleme-Sammelthread/page/61

and here:
http://supportcommunity.swisscom.ch/t5/Diskussionen-zu-Swisscom/Lags-in-Onlinegame-Guildwars-2/td-p/121930

People are changing the IP and for some time (about 1 hour?) the game works fine. Then everything goes back as it was.
This seems not to be a problem of any network nor ISP but ANet’s faulty servers.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: mata.9687

mata.9687

My game is still laggy, like any other of the past days, at this hour, nothing changed….and it’s only 20:00 PM here in switzerland.

Provider: Swisscom , Server: Seafarer’s Rest

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: paggawoot.5316

paggawoot.5316

I’ve been having similar issues to many others in this thread – inexplicable lag, making the game borderline unplayable. I’ve experienced it in both busy and empty zones, during events and while just farming. It’s not noticeable 100%, but I’m usually disconnected multiple times each session and the delay can range from short (1-2 seconds) to very long (15-20+ seconds).

I haven’t had any other issues with my network and I’ve gone through all the network fixes just to see if they improved the lag – nothing has. Like many others, I’m assuming it’s a server issue, but I don’t have any technical evidence or ping numbers. Help?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Thambo.9583

Thambo.9583

As like the many others here, am suffering severe lag issues.

I live in Switzerland and play on Ring of Fire Server. For the last 2 days have been unable to do anything in game during the evening.

I connect through a swisscom ip address.

Network Lag [Merged]

Deimo.2615

This is far beyond my patience … extreme lags since 2 weeks, today I cannot even log in. Login screen hangs on downloading … for ages
It makes me thinking … why the hell am I still trying to play this bogus game …

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

Pretty unfair to call it a bogus game just because you appear to have
connectivity issues. Tried netalyzr? …

Network Lag [Merged]

Styx.2639

zZz 80%(maybe 100) of people having swisscom as a ISP have this problem and you still think it’s on our end…

Network Lag [Merged]

Deimo.2615

… and you are? ANet ?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Pretty unfair to call it a bogus game just because you appear to have connectivity issues.

LOL.

It’s not just one person having connectivity problems though, is it?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Aluryan.4692

Aluryan.4692

I’m afraid that all Swisscom customers will ever be in trouble… We’ll have to ask for refund, because Swisscom won’t do anything, I called them this afternoon.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It’s not a problem on Swisscom’s side, at least not directly. The connectivity issue only presents itself in this game, at certain times of the day. It seems more like some IPs are being blocked or choked at some point between Switzerland and Frankfurt.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: defi.4127

defi.4127

Lately I’ve also noticed latency issues. Currently looking at Resource Monitor and I see 3 TCP connections with Gw2.exe with one having a Latency of ~600, other 2 static 310 and 270. That’s half a second lag and makes pvp unplayable, although during the match the latency went as high as 2 seconds.
Playing on Desolation, ISP provider Elion (TeliaSonera).

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Voxel.6473

Voxel.6473

Jade Quarry. Lag. Rubber-banding. Random.

Network Lag [Merged]

Deimo.2615

Forget it people, ANet claims the lag comes from ISP, ISP claims the lag comes from ANet.
So obviously better to spare ourselves frustration and uninstall this “game”.

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Lag-Probleme-Sammelthread/page/61

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Damion.8903

Damion.8903

recently these few days the constant disconnects have been unbearable for me…at first it just happened frequently only on malcheors leap for me usually in events with many people at once such as Dwayna temple, but now it happens throughout the entire area of Orr. Finally started constantly getting disconnected from the server in lions arch as well every few seconds and its even now common to pop up during my loading time so meh. I am quite lucky the game is not pay to play otherwise my complaint today would have been so much worse but this lag is enough to make the game unplayable for me.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

I agree. The lag and constant disconnects on Ruins of Surmia are driving me mad and very nearly making me give up. Personal story elements are unplayable – lag and you’re dead, or, maybe even worse(!), complete 90% of the objective and get bounced out of the instance or off the server altogether and have to do it all again. All the time your armour is getting weaker and weaker. You end up spending bronze to jump back to a waypoint for repairs, then for the repairs themselves and none of it your fault.

EDIT: Jumped to conclusions. Following tips above I rebooted my router and all was good. Sorry!

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Gunner.1426

Gunner.1426

Hello everyone, Devs, can I have your attention please?

I’m player from Middle East region, specifically from Kuwait. Been playing and enjoying this game pretty much since I bought it but..

I have contacted the Support Center regarding this article and the purpose of this post is exactly the third point of that article which it says “Other [Region]: Players in countries not listed above will connect to the North American datacenter.”

I’ve had already expressed in my message to them how this can be unfair for us to be connected to North American datacenter, I was shocked to read that and so disappointed honestly. Because it’s that simple for us: The connectivity between Middle East countries to all Americas never been that good at all for many years. any player from ME will never have stable connection right there.

The agent who replied to my ticket suggested to me to post this issue in ‘Suggestions’ section in the forums, in hope to deliver the notice to devs as quickly as possible. But I think this is the proper post to talk about such a thing and all I hope is that you going to reconsider this.

I’m (I believe all other ME players) really having uncomfortable lag by being directed to be played on North American servers, as you may know, even geographical location between my home to North America is way too far. It would be wise that we are directed European datacenter as they are closest to us and the best location to play on.

Playing other games such as Aion, SWTOR, Rift, Diablo 3 and even some FPS games on EU servers is like playing on local servers. I believe it’s where we should be directed.

I’ve done tests to measure the latency and everything seems honestly.. horrible! latency is over 350ms. Playing the game with such latency is extremely hard. See NetworkDiag.txt.

I know ArenaNet value as customers, Me and many of players from my region, don’t ask for too much, all we ask for to be directed to the proper datacenter, I know it’s not going to be easy decision to be made, but it surely will make our gaming experience for better

I would appreciate confirming receiving my message. As I wouldn’t need to post somewhere else.

Attachments:

(edited by Gunner.1426)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Matok.1836

Matok.1836

Still laggin. Been going on since early October, before that things were perfect but ever since the invisible players thing happened it just hasn’t been the same. Very common in WvW to see 2 and 3 second delays often, and uncommonly up to 10+ second delays before my abilities go off and things start responding around me again.

As you can imagine.. this makes WvW suck.

I’ve used speedtest.net to make sure I don’t have something bottlenecking here, and haven’t seen a bandwidth problem. Started using a network monitoring tool to see if anything funky is happening while the game is running and the only thing I can tell there’s a sudden big increase in the KB/s exactly when a lag spike hits (see attachment). This makes me think there’s some big pulse of data flooding the client, instead of lack of data.

Standing around town shows 5 to 10 KB/s on my network monitor. A WvW fight goes up to around 40 KB/s, but the lag spike recorded over 100 KB/s right at the moment of the spike. I figured I’d see a drop, not an increase, so this really confuses me on what’s going on here. It almost looks like a flood of data hits all at once during a spike.

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

I must admit I thought this network issue was pretty bogus. Thought maybe a loud minority was making the issue bigger than what it is(happens a lot on the interwebs). However, I recently have been infected with this…bug? Not sure really what it is. Past full 48 hours have been completely unplayable for me(and counting).

It started out as some crazy rubber banding, happening only occasionally, but the game would still be playable enough to be enjoyable. It then turned into massive ability lag where my skills would take about 20+ seconds for the icons to stop pulsing and activate. At this time I could still see players moving freely without any hiccups.

Now, it gets to the point where the world “fast-forwards” after about 15-20 seconds to catch up to where everything is. So in sPvP someone could be running towards me then when I go to attack nothing activates(just pulsating icons), but in a flash all the red numbers show up and then I’m dead on he ground.

Note: I can play ANY other game online without a problem. I’m currently forced to play BF3 until this is fixed and again no issues with it. This is clearly a GW2 issue and it really sucks I’m not able to enjoy the game because of it. Please find out what’s causing this and fix it.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Thread merged

Network Lag [Merged]

Trafalgar.5247

Well, this is excellent news! Let’s hope Arenanet finally fixes this IP problem

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

of course i know that arenanet usually replies with “it’s not our fault” and the isp in question just tells me that “nothing is wrong on their end” but in the end something between the isp and YOUR servers is botched up and on a regular basis

i basically only play tpvp so i can only talk about the lag issues i’m experiencing here

quite often (about 4 out of 7 days with more frequency on the weekends) some specific servers for only a map have insane package losses, to a point where latency goes up to 500ms+ and i get constantly disconnected and in the end can’t play at all

so what happens is that e.g. the servers for forest & guild are completely fine and as we go into khylo kitten hits the fan and it’s a 4v5 for my team
this is not limited to a one time experience, this specific map (which changes from day to day) will continue to lag for multiple tournaments

the “lag map” doesn’t change at all on a single day so i assume that same maps get hosted on the same server farms and it just changes when you reboot the server and the server farm in question that hosts the “lag map” somehow just has incredibly bad connection to swisscom for some reason

so if anyone from ArenaNet would be so kind as to try to contact swisscom and tell them which connection they’re supposed to fix or in general try to resolve the issue i’d be more than greatful because first of all swisscom doesn’t give a kitten when i call them (i tried) and second my team is getting kitten because we scrim against other teams and then we get an autoloss as i just happen to have a “lag khylo day” as it just happened

best regards pray

Network Lag [Merged]

Voxel.6473

Which operating system are you using?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

vista x86 … because that really matters!

Network Lag [Merged]

Trafalgar.5247

Hello my dear friend!

I am too swiss, and up until today I suffered from severe daily (yes, every day) lag issue, occurred from 20:30 ca untill 23:30 ca local time (roughly something like 11:30 server time to 14:30 server time). But as for this evening, like they promised, they fixed it, or at least, I didn’t suffer from lag issue today (I’ll keep checking every night). They are working to fix this, they are monitoring swisscom ISP, and they are improving it. If you are still suffering from this kind of weird lag, the least I can tell you is to inform Arenanet about your current situation. Use also the "Network Lag [Merged] thread to post your problem, as far as I know, that is the offical thread where to post this kind of problem.

Best Regards

Network Lag [Merged]

Deimo.2615

That is true, last night lags were smaller, but still I was disconnected twice. Once on WvW, once on sPvP. They are getting close.

Yes this is an official thread to post complaints about the lag, but be careful because Mr. Moderator will remove your posts if you complain too much, like mine last 2 posts.
Keep up the good work Mr. Moderator!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Klazmaunt.2591

Klazmaunt.2591

I’ve been experiencing it on logins since last tuesday. (October 9) It’s everything from skill delay, movement delay, choppy movement, objects not rendering. I’ve never experienced chat delay.

FPS Drops to 5-11 and I normally run at 40-50 FPS.
Just happened again when I logged in for the first time today.

I posted another thread earlier but I’m running on an Alienware M17X Laptop. I never have issues with ANY other games, from Borderlands 2 to Skyrim. I always log in and test them when this happens to be sure it isn’t on my end system-wise and…I can assure you..it isn’t. I also try and go online with some games to test Ping and latency—not the issue. It is on ArenNet’s and we haven’t received word for about 2 weeks now.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I’ve had issues with this as well recently and it’s quite strange. It’s definitely not on my end, both my fps is good and my connection is great actually, but ANet’s servers are what’s causing the problem. Really started to notice it the past week or so where I’d get occasional lag spikes and the spikes have gotten progressively worse until today in WvW I was getting frequent spikes of 200-500ms. I am on Fort Aspenwood server living in Philly, so my connection to their servers in Texas should be good but this is getting out of hand. It’s making WvW and Orr unplayable when I have several seconds of lag so bad it seems I’m frozen until suddenly my game catches up.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lazze.4072

Lazze.4072

Sweden here ,
Not playable last 24 hrs.
5 – 45 secs delay on skills , invisible enemies .rubberbanding etc.
Isp Telia. No problems before , tried “everything” from my end.
Rgds ,

Network Lag [Merged]

Voxel.6473

vista x86 … because that really matters!

In actuality it does matter. I knew it was Vista before you said it. I only wanted the confirmation. CMD > ADMIN > IPCONFIG. Do not post what it shows on any forums! After doing the “ipconfig” command, do you notice a listing of networks and gateways? Do you notice an IPv6 address?

Read all you can about Internet Protocol V6 when combined with VISTA and previous network settings. Vista adds an extra layer to the problem, when it auto detected IPv6 under certain circumstances. NOTE: Vista is perfectly fine. W7 is Vista lite. Vista overwhelms some people. That’s why 7 was made. “User friendly”.

NOTE: Regardless of which operating system someone may use, everyone should read all they can about IPv6.

1) Write down your modem model number. Is it IPv6 capable?
2) Write down your router model number. Is it IPv6 capable?
3) You may need to uninstall and reinstall router software and settings.
4) You may need to reset your modem. There’s usually a small pin hole on the modem, with a reset button within it. The modem has to be completely plugged in for it to update. It might be wise to leave it disconnected from the PC until after it’s updated.
5) You might need to reset your windows network connections. Then create a new network connection.

Internet protocol v6 is entirely an ISP controlled switch. It is being turned on in different areas at different stages. It will be turned on for everyone. For example. Until September of 2012, I only had IPv4.

I’m not saying that ANET can’t make things better on their end for what ever reasons. Because they can. Yet problem solving this situation increased my performance and stability. It’s not perfect… but it is better.
As for the ISPs, many of them turn on IPv6, and your modem and router might not be able to handle it. It is also possible that you’re using an end of life device. Which basically means you need a new modem or router.

I hope this helps someone.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Events are lagging like crazy, the major ones like the 5 gods and Jormag. Fix your servers, no excuse why the lag is this bad and no excuse while all the servers are located in texas!

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

We really need to hear from ArenaNet on this issue. It’s making the game almost unplayable. I’ve tested my internet and it’s quite good and I’ve logged into other games and had absolutely no problems with my ping. But the lag spikes here are crazy.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

I’ve been having problems. It’s pretty random, but more often in WvW and personal story instances. Sometimes I get disconnected immediately. Other times the client appears to just stop receiving data completely and I run around an empty world for as long as I like without a disconnect. Every once and a while the game “catches up”, like a giant burst of data has just arrived all at once and I don’t get disconnected.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I was lagging insanely this morning in WvW. There were only few people on the map so it was weird, not sure if it’s my router or if it’s server based.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

Very noticeable lag playing on Aurora Glade [EU] at the moment. Activating skills is very sluggish and any skill that moves your character (i.e. a ranger’s “Quickshot” retreat) makes you rubber-band quite badly. Attacks in general (like skill #1 attacks on auto) are very laggy, and sometimes everything just “pauses” and resumes like it’s being played in fast-forward.

Latency seems normal (290ms, for South Africa) and I’ve done traceroutes and constant pings at various points on the path to the game servers, both locally and internationally, without seeing any significant time-outs are other network anomilies. I’m also not seeing any of these problems in The Secret World.

I think it’s ArenaNet related. Hopefully someone can investigate this.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Caelos Silvermoon.2759

Caelos Silvermoon.2759

Already lagging, and getting kicked at the loading screen with 7:11:3:189:101
This is one is very odd though. I can log in my main character fine, and I can fight just fine. But communication is totally lagged. i.e. /guild /party /whisper and even the friend list is lagging. But hey at least I can fight and do /say right?

I have a lot of character slots, and all of them are filled. I cannot log into any of them save for my main. If I log in an alt, the loading screen will take forever and then show me 7:11:3:189:101. What gives?

Playing on Isle of Janthir, from the Philippines.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Agonyworm.2819

Agonyworm.2819

Please just fix this Arena Net. Your game is BROKEN. I get error 7 every 20 minutes and it’s NO FAULT OF MINE.

Server is Underworld, but I had the same problem on Fissure of Woe

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MrJ.8142

MrJ.8142

To Dev, Anet crew, or anyone who has anything to do with server issue,

Since the last patch, I have been having a problem. I’ve done everything I could on my end, including buying new router, contacting my ISP, changing a new ISP, play from my friend’s house,etc. No matter what I do, I still get a bad delay problem.

Everything works just fine when I play with a small group of people. But when it comes to a “zerg”, I will get a really long delay. 5-60 secs ++ just for using 1 skill, and what worse is, during this delay, I can get attacked by anything. This delay problem really make this game unplayable especially on WvW.

How fast can you fix this problem?

Here’s another info if you need it for data to fix this delay problem :
I’m playing from SEA, 190-250 m/s latency, without any lag or delay.