New Tequatl Patch, Can't Play

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Still trying to figure out what’s going on, but after logging in and pressing “Play”, it gives me a black full screen with the mouse cursor and background music but nothing accessible or visible.

I usually run this game on windowed mode as well. No response right now.

Posted by: LeahKell.5873

LeahKell.5873

Same here; very unhappy. Been playing since beta.

—Leah

Posted by: Luis Machado.4256

Luis Machado.4256

Technical Support

Next

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

Luis, any chance that you guys might ever FIX this problem rather than having us do this every single time the game patches? It would be most appreciated.

LeahKell.5873

I tried all the steps, and GW2 wouldn’t load at all after I deleted the support folder, even though it did create a new folder.

—Leah

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I tried all the steps, and GW2 wouldn’t load at all after I deleted the support folder, even though it did create a new folder.

—Leah

I’ve tried this step too – luckily I copied the folder from the Library to an SD Card rather than delete it. I’ve submitted ticket and updated with this information. I’m fairly sure it has something to do with everyone’s graphics options being reset at the patch. Last month’s patch my graphics were reset to lowest, though then I didn’t get the black screen then.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

Now Guild Wars won’t load at all after the ‘sticky fix’. : /

~sigh~

Posted by: McMahon.6853

McMahon.6853

Same problem here

McMahon.6853

Did “/applications/guild\ wars\ 2.app/contents/MacOS/cider —use-dos-cwd C:Gw2 — C:\\GW2\\GW2.exe -repair” to no effect

McMahon.6853

as soon as I did this" 4.)If it doesn’t work, you can try to delete the contents of the gw2 data folder, it’s a pain to get to the right one: this step is a general fix for many tp and graphics issues, even without the previous steps however, it will lose all saved log in/password and in-game settings.
To access this:" the application won’t even load up that window anymore

McMahon.6853

For whatever its worth I also did “5.) Rest your SMC and PRAM:
To reset the SMC please follow the instructions provided on the following web page.” before and after I deleted the Libarary > Application Support > Guild Wars 2 folder

Posted by: donh.7901

donh.7901

I also had the “black screen” problem. Deleting the data folder resulted in no login window appearing at all.

The Angle of Deth.2985

I’ve done a complete re-install…now I get the black screen again.

Just wonderful…

takatsu.9416

Yeah, QA testing needs to be better… This is ridiculous, this is a game breaking critical issue that should never happen. for something to not be able to run at all, should have been identified before launching

penelopehannibal.8947

Still getting problem after trying all the tips after the latest update. Still not fixed – when I’m in windowed mode though, I am getting a white screen instead of a black one if this is any help?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

McMahon.6853

I also did a complete re-install/download and now back to where I left off with a blank screen w/music & cursor but nothing else.

LeahKell.5873

Same here; tried all the tips, did a complete reinstall. Nothing. If they don’t plan to support the Macintosh, they need to say so instead of leaving us hanging.

IMHO.

takatsu.9416

My friend sent me his “Preferences” folder, and i replaced mine with his, and now it works. There’s something in the configs that made it go wrong. If you have a friend who has a mac client which had configs that worked on this patch, try a copy of the Open Package Content > Resources > Preferences folder.

If you need I could send you my preferences to give you a go. Back up before

(edited by takatsu.9416)

LeahKell.5873

Now everyone’s going to be begging you for that folder, including me. Hopefully they’ll figure it out soon.

takatsu.9416

LOL. that’s okay, i’m willing to help. Just PM me with your email or something and trust that i’m not going to send u a virus. LOL. my friend’s folder worked for me ^^

LeahKell.5873

Copying the preferences folder didn’t work but thanks for trying!

McMahon.6853

I tried copying my old Preferences folder from a few days ago in Time Machine, but that didn’t seem to work

Posted by: aurora.2804

aurora.2804

The preference folder didn’t work for me either

McMahon.6853

Woops, I just reallized I don’t back that up in time machine so I was just copying the new version of the file around, @takatsu.9416 can you PM me your email address, I have some “2 day lockout” for preventing spam – first time I’ve had to use the forums – and its for this issue

takatsu.9416

Aww… i don’t know why it worked for me xD hmmm… Question, did you guys have custom graphic settings before the patch? I.e. windowed, and non-preset detailed settings (shaders, shadows, textures, etc)

aurora.2804

I had windowed and best appearance as my settings.

LeahKell.5873

I had windowed selected, and might have changed details settings—not sure. Also my iMac is 27" Mid 2011.

takatsu.9416

I had windowed selected, and might have changed details settings—not sure. Also my iMac is 27" Mid 2011.

ME TOO. I had it windowed and have a 27" iMac Mid 2011 as well! all my graphic settings were pretty custom

aurora.2804

iMac 27" here as well, but late 2009

Posted by: Tonikor.5637

Tonikor.5637

Still getting problem after trying all the tips after the latest update. Still not fixed – when I’m in windowed mode though, I am getting a white screen instead of a black one if this is any help?

I had the exact same problem, so I’ve also tried all of the tips in the sticky to no effect.

I re-installed the game, went through the process of downloading that whooooole thing again (took me the whole day to download ~20gb).

I then re-did every step and still won’t work.

As a paying customer, I am VERY upset.

Posted by: Enektric.4527

Enektric.4527

I had crashes after the update every minute, so I removed the folder described in the sticky… now nothing is happening at all..

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing.

penelopehannibal.8947

Just been told they can no longer help me – totally gutted. Might have to dual boot now, which is something I never wanted to do!

Oh well, it’s only a game, right? starts sobbing

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

The Angle of Deth.2985

They must have done something cause I’m in and playing…I’ve made no other adjustments.

LeahKell.5873

I’m not—no change.

McMahon.6853

I’ve been working with tech support going back/forth etc – curious if any of you all have Mac Book Pros with Retina?

Posted by: Tonikor.5637

Tonikor.5637

No, my Mac Book Pro is prior to retina display.

I’ve had this “black-screen” bug before right after a patch. Following the instructions in the sticky fixed it, but not this time.

takatsu.9416

I’ve been working with tech support going back/forth etc – curious if any of you all have Mac Book Pros with Retina?

Can you mention to them that my situation was fixed with a replacement of preferences folder, even though it didn’t work for other people? It should do with graphics config files and settings etc, especially seeing how some people had issues and others didnt

McMahon.6853

Can you mention to them that my situation was fixed with a replacement of preferences folder, even though it didn’t work for other people? It should do with graphics config files and settings etc, especially seeing how some people had issues and others didnt

I still need your email address I can’t respond over PMs – would like to get your pref file especially if you have a retina display

Posted by: Yongguk.1830

Yongguk.1830

Hi Takatsu, would you be so kind and PM me that preference? I’m currently re-installing and re-patching everything and hoping it’d get back to normal again. What’s weird is that for the first patch of Tequatl, everything seemed fine. but the after the super recent patch, when not in a window mode, my screen was really dim and dark. And like everybody else in window mode, i just got black screen with moving cursor.

Tried the sticky guide but didn’t work for me

Jaywin Lannister – Guardian
Hermès Kelly – Warrior

penelopehannibal.8947

It seems to be working for me now – and I’m not even on a machine conforming to minimum specs!

Model Name: iMac
Model Type: 21.5-inch, Mid 2010
Model Identifier: iMac11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3 CPU 540
Processor Model: Clarkdale
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
Memory Size: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Model: ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

penelopehannibal.8947

One trick Mac Beta users can try is to log on to a Windows Client (either through Bootcamp or a Windows PC if they can), and lower the graphics settings in options, then try logging back into the Mac Beta. When I tried this, I found my graphics were set to almost everything highest. I don’t know for sure if this fixed this, but it sounds feasible to me, especially since some graphics settings available on PC version are not on the Mac Beta.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

The Angle of Deth.2985

Now that’s interesting. That is what I did yesterday…out of desperation I opened the Windows client in Parallels. Ran around in LA a bit…too stuttery and I gave up.

A bit later. I tried the Mac client and it ran. I had no idea the two events were connected.

Posted by: Luis Machado.4256

Previous

Luis Machado.4256

Technical Support

Hey guys,

It looks like whatever the change was with where the client stores the local.dat and other config files might have had an adverse effect on the Mac client. I’m getting it looked into, apologies to any who have suffered from this, I’ll post back when I have more info on it.

McMahon.6853

So I’ve been working with tech support and all..and if you create a new login/user profile on your macbook (make sure with administrator) it looks like Guild Wars 2.app starts to work fine. I still haven’t had any luck getting it to work on my primary login but its at least something!

LeahKell.5873

I tried creating a new login on my iMac and I was able to launch GW2 from there. I wish I knew more about the Mac so I could figure out why my main login got corrupted.

aurora.2804

Works for me as well on a new login! Except it won’t invert the camera Y axis, even though it is ticked in the settings

Edit: oops, that was just the new login on my computer that had messed up mouse settings, that’s fine now.

(edited by aurora.2804)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Hey the game crashes all the time during the TEQ fight on mac. It’s VERY frustrating to lose:
1: your loot
2: access to your server instance
And 3: your wasting all your money trying to Waypoint back into the server instance.

It’s really, really frustrating after waiting 30 minutes for it to spawn and knowing the incredible high difficulty level.

So TEQ on Mac for what concerns me = unplayable content.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Posted by: Yongguk.1830

Yongguk.1830

I tried creating a new login on my iMac and I was able to launch GW2 from there. I wish I knew more about the Mac so I could figure out why my main login got corrupted.

Might be a noob question but what does creating a new login means?

Jaywin Lannister – Guardian
Hermès Kelly – Warrior

LeahKell.5873

Go to System Preferences, click on Users & Groups, and create a new user. The problems from the latest patch were possibly caused by a setting that’s attached to the primary login.

Posted by: Com Otio.4067

Com Otio.4067

I also post here again:

Since the update from 06.08. I have the problem that I fly out of the game are when a larger number of players in my area. It can be 6, if I’m lucky only 10! 2 Character I do not get out of Lionsarch, Lionsarch there is too full and I fly out of the game. All three updates I could not join in, because everything is based on groups.
The game I can enjoy alone!

I have done the following in August and 21.09. again, it did not improve the situation:

1) https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Basic-Mac-Beta-Client-Troubleshooting

2) The game completely deleted with all data and reinstalled.

I play from the following IMac:
OS X 10.8.5
3.4 GHz Intel Core I7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6070M 2048 MB
27 inches display

I get various error messages. I have since 06.08. made no changes to the iMac and install any other software. Before the update everything was normal!

This problem was already an update and was corrected by a later, but I do not remember the time when that was.

Bye

Edit:

c0000005
ctBits
….

(edited by Com Otio.4067)