Tickets for Review (3 days and older) [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: RSVJ.2347

RSVJ.2347

So, on the 5th I tried to log in and it said I was Perma Banned. I promptly opened a ticket and waited. On the 7th I got a nice little form letter about account security but my account was still banned. I changed my password for my email account and GW2 account (different passwords) and responded to the ticket that I was still banned after doing such.
I then posted on the “Still Waiting” topic a few days later. Then on the 10th I got a “GW2 Account Access Restored” email. I promptly logged in with the random password that was sent to me and changed it. On the page refresh I noticed that the email address on the account had changed and I was sent an email that someone (Hopefully You) had changed the account email address.
Um.. Now when I try to log in with either my old email, or the one that was listed I can’t get in. I’ve even tried to do the restore based off the accountname.####, serial key and character name. That doesn’t work (because I think they might of deleted the characters and resold the account (they not being Anet but someone overseas.) I updated the ticket with this information like 20 minutes after CS’s update to the ticket. And I have still yet to hear another word about it. I’ve since then purchased a second copy of the game (this account) and am playing. But I want to get my other account straight or else I want a refund for that one. Looking at the email address that it was changed to I think something in the system with the password change was messed up. Something in the HTML/SQL statements I think got mixed up. Because it changed (and I was email confirmation of the change) exactly right after I submitted the password change. And the email address it was changed too looks a lot like someone else who has posts on this message board (ie the gmail account it was changed too matchs the forum’s account name).

My case number is 120905-001452. I pains me that I can’t call into a support queue and talk to someone about this. We could in Guild Wars 1, why would it be different in Guild Wars 2?

Anyway, what is the procedure or what should my next step be for getting either my original account fixed or requesting a refund for that account/game from ANet? I pre-orded this game back in April from Gamestop (digital download) so I can’t stop the charge, it’s already done and paid.

Thank you Arena.Net for the wonderful game and hopefully prompt resolution of this problem.

-RJ

Posted by: Kyle.3856

Kyle.3856

Hello,

I am posting on behalf of a friend that had his account hacked. He said it has been over a week now and he is still unable to login. He was able to take back his account using an NCsoft trick that I found on reddit but he cannot login as it says his account was terminated due to hacking. He replied to the incident ticket telling them this but he hasn’t heard back.

His incident ticket is 120906-000873?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kyne
Free of Fate
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Alavastre.1693

Alavastre.1693

I#: 120910-008232

Got my account back after being hacked. However, now there is a suspension on my account. It appears some one didn’t totally fix my problem like they should have. Anyone at Anet willing to help me out? I really don’t want to wait days after waiting days for basically the same issue.

“The state is the great fiction by which everybody
seeks to live at the expense of everybody else.”
-F. Bastiat

Posted by: RSVJ.2347

RSVJ.2347

So, on the 5th I tried to log in and it said I was Perma Banned. I promptly opened a ticket and waited. On the 7th I got a nice little form letter about account security but my account was still banned. I changed my password for my email account and GW2 account (different passwords) and responded to the ticket that I was still banned after doing such.

I then posted on the “Still Waiting” topic a few days later. Then on the 10th I got a “GW2 Account Access Restored” email. I promptly logged in with the random password that was sent to me and changed it. On the page refresh I noticed that the email address on the account had changed and I was sent an email that someone (Hopefully You) had changed the account email address.
Um..
Now when I try to log in with either my old email, or the one that was listed I can’t get in. I’ve even tried to do the restore based off the accountname.####, serial key and character name. That doesn’t work (because I think they might of deleted the characters and resold the account (they not being Anet but someone overseas.) I updated the ticket with this information like 20 minutes after CS’s update to the ticket. And I have still yet to hear another word about it. I’ve since then purchased a second copy of the game (this account) and am playing. But I want to get my other account straight or else I want a refund for that one. Looking at the email address that it was changed to I think something in the system with the password change was messed up. Something in the HTML/SQL statements I think got mixed up. Because it changed (and I was email confirmation of the change) exactly right after I submitted the password change. And the email address it was changed too looks a lot like someone else who has posts on this message board (ie the gmail account it was changed too matchs the forum’s account name).

My case number is 120905-001452. I pains me that I can’t call into a support queue and talk to someone about this. We could in Guild Wars 1, why would it be different in Guild Wars 2?

Anyway, what is the procedure or what should my next step be for getting either my original account fixed or requesting a refund for that account/game from ANet? I pre-orded this game back in April from Gamestop (digital download) so I can’t stop the charge, it’s already done and paid.

Thank you Arena.Net for the wonderful game and hopefully prompt resolution of this problem.

-RJ

Posted by: KingPyroJack.2785

KingPyroJack.2785

Posting here again with same issue. The first post was made two days ago and in it’s own thread, that makes the issue a week old now. The post read the following:

Posting a new topic in regards to ticket number: 120908-001332
For user: Baiten.7685
Submitted on date: 9/7/2012
For reason of a hacked account. Account issue has not been completed, user would like some word that his ticket is being handled, Guild wars password was changed on listed dated. Three days later user was unable to log in to guild wars client and E-mail was no longer recognized. Forum account is having same issue.
Posting this for the sake of a friend. Please respond as soon as possible. Your work and diligence is much appreciated on this matter.

Posted by: Siegy.7092

Siegy.7092

I’m still waiting for my DDE Items Gaile support been ignoring us for so long, we just want what we paid for, they are closing our tickets and sending automated messages really? thats the way you are going to treat us? all we want is an answer, is really that hard to send an email with our items?

Account: CE Items/DE Upgrade Issues 120907-008203 Updated 09/07/2012 This is the only ticket your support haven’t closed yet, though I didn’t get even an answer just an automated response. Great help

Posted by: bassplayerD.3450

bassplayerD.3450

ticket #120831-010210
posted 15 days ago

I haven’t been able to login even once since purchasing the game. From the error I keep getting it appears that the game client can’t reach the login server but I’ve done everything that it says on the support site (turned off firewall, uninstalled anti-virus, port forwaring, etc.) to no avail.

Posted by: mkayeel.4701

mkayeel.4701

just got an e-mail from you guys saying :

Hello, Guild Wars 2 Adventurer

After reviewing your account, it appears that you were able to resolve this issue on your own. I see that you were able to access your account on 9/14 under your login.

I would suggest that you alter your password for security purposes.

Thanks!

GM T101
The Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

the only problem is it’s the hacker who is logging in and out from my account dear arena net , please i have been waiting for days and this response is just not the one i was looking forward to see …

incident #120911-005956

am using my brother’s account to write this.

Posted by: TeasingPink.4728

TeasingPink.4728

My ticket (Ticket number = 120828-001273) has been resolved. Not sure if this was your intervention, or just chance timing, but I no longer need assistance. Thank you!

Posted by: Pepac.4801

Pepac.4801

my friend got hacked 5 days ago. he submited ticket but it wasnt the proper one so 2 days ago he submited the right one and deleted the old one: check it please
120913-004843

Posted by: Archangel.1604

Archangel.1604

I have the exact same issue. I’ve opened a support-ticket and I’ve gotten no response whatsoever.

I guess our money isn’t as important as people who can’t secure their computer.

Posted by: AliTheBoss.5381

AliTheBoss.5381

Posting for an acquaintance – messaged 5 days ago, unable to log in on both forums and game.
120911-007734
Cheers mandem.

Posted by: genesisicaras.7146

genesisicaras.7146

I forgot to add my ticket number again -
120908-004764

- Icaras
Genesis Gaming Overlord
[GGEU]

Posted by: genesisicaras.7146

genesisicaras.7146

6 Days old, no response.
120908-004764

- Icaras
Genesis Gaming Overlord
[GGEU]

Posted by: azazel.5294

azazel.5294

My friend was hacked and ticketed it on the 7th of September, he was asked on the 12th for more info which he supplied as soon as he got the reply, he’s still waiting on a reply from that ticket is there any chance it can be looked into and get resolved soon-ish as he has been waiting a week now after reporting it, his incident number is 120907-004357.

Posted by: Shogun.9736

Shogun.9736

Hello, I am posting this on behalf of my Guild Leader. This is what he had me post for him:

Hello Gaile. I am aware that this ticket isn’t 5 days old but on the 8th, when my account was hacked, I submitted a ticket while not actually logged into my support account.
After realizing that I wasn’t logged into my support account, I quickly logged in and submitted a ticket.

My ticket number is: 120910-008374
My display name: Poh.1682

Now, as I said, this ticket isn’t 5 days old but I received an email yesterday(9/14/12) from the support team saying that I was now able to log into my account.
I also received and email the day before, being asked what new email I wanted my account to be in. I replied to the email with my answer and then waiting.
Getting back to the 14th, I was elated when I read the email saying that my account was supposedly mine again. The email enclosed the new email I plan to log in with
as well as a password the support team gave me. I then opened the Guild Wars 2 website and went to log in when it told me that yet again my account email was invalid.

I was wondering if there was another step that needed to be taken care of or maybe someone from the support team forgot to seal the deal.
I appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Posted by: phoenixdot.9760

phoenixdot.9760

120911-009271

Already 5 day, and still no answer from ArenaNet support or representative except for an automated mail reply from your system.

Ticket : 120911-009271
Started on : 09/11/2012

Posted by: diegofsv.2781

diegofsv.2781

120909-000820

Posted for a friend. Already 5 days, he was charged from NCSoft but never got the game serial. It went to billing queue and stopped there.

Posted by: Advent.1468

Advent.1468

Just bought another account for some stupid reason. Guess I just like the game and want to play.

HACKED ACCOUNT 120909-001341 9/8/12 Woabash.9860

Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced

Posted by: Saywaat.5871

Saywaat.5871

10days now still no help from customer care. feeling left out here

Posted by: Kreivi.7604

Kreivi.7604

My account has been changed back to my email address, but I have updated my ticket with the login error I am getting:

“We have detected that your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual. For your security, further access to the account has been suspended until this matter can be resolved.”

Ticket 120907-004368

I don’t agree the customer service is the worst. If it was rude it’d be that bad. This back-and-forth 2-day minimum wait time for response is pretty underwhelming though.

Posted by: Diabla.1754

Diabla.1754

Posting for my wife – her account was hacked on 8/7/12 – a request for more info was received on 8/12/12 and responded to the same day. Still waiting to hear back as to getting the account back. Ticket number 120908-001593.

Thanks!

Posted by: Chato.6312

Chato.6312

After waiting 10 days to have my account restored due to a hacking issue, I have just been kicked / banned because of malicious activity that occurred during the time it was compromised. Please help address this ASAP! What a freakin’ tease.

Reference #: 120906-001074

(edited by Chato.6312)

Posted by: ikent.8760

ikent.8760

My friend can not log in to the game, to the forums, OR to the support site. He can only update his ticket by email. He submitted a ticket on the 7th, but the issue has not been resolved. Incident: 120907-005183

Posted by: ZidZabre.7256

ZidZabre.7256

My sincerest thanks and apprecitation from me and my fiancé.
We got our “Hacked Account” issue resolved now, and we are most happy.
My lady was happy to tears to get her account back, and now we can play together again.

Support at Arena Net, please read this and understand how grateful we are for your assistance, and we appreciate your hard work, and in return we give our understanding that you are swamped under a pile of endless issues and unresolved problems.

Again, thank you so much for resolving our issues.

Posted by: Chato.6312

Chato.6312

My sincerest thanks and apprecitation from me and my fiancé.
We got our “Hacked Account” issue resolved now, and we are most happy.
My lady was happy to tears to get her account back, and now we can play together again.

I echo this sentiment. However, was shortly banned for what the hacker did on this account so don’t let down your guard yet.

Posted by: Zero.9502

Zero.9502

Roommates account on 9/9/12 still hacked – Please help us out

REF# 120909-005845
Account name : Rookz.6498

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

120905-000910

TY

Posted by: LiquidDragon.7128

LiquidDragon.7128

Just want to let you all know that my account got hacked at 3am est 9-12 and summited a ticket that afternoon.Its now 9pm 9-14 and my account has been restored and i am now playing again.

It was just a simple hit and run on my gold but wanted to let you all know they are working on everyone’s issue’s so hang in there.

After reading all the post while waiting I saw positive and negative post so I wanted to give you guys alil more hope while you wait.

Thank you Support Team
Appreciate the hard work

Posted by: Toadie.5283

Toadie.5283

I was just given access back to my account from a hacker after a week, ready to get back to playing, and when I log in, I get this…

Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for a breach of the User Agreement and/or Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent.

Reason: 20

This is completely unacceptable. How does something like this get past when you restore the account. Please fix this or give me my money back! This has been a pretty terrible experience. I enjoy the game quite a bit, but it’s starting to not be worth this hassle.

Here is the ticket info yet again.

120908-004831

Posted by: Toadie.5283

Toadie.5283

And btw, my original account name was Toadie.5281, not Toadie.5283. Is this an oversight as well?

Posted by: Magicparasite.7350

Magicparasite.7350

Still cant get into my account due to unauthorised player message, 5 days since last response!

120908-004389

Posted by: SpiderPIG.4150

SpiderPIG.4150

The 7th day after submitting the ticket.

Incident#: 120908-002373

Thanks.

Posted by: poolumps.1690

poolumps.1690

Purchased the game, played it a few days, got hacked, got account banned/suspended, filled out a ticket, got the mass emails from support team, followed the instructions they gave me on every email…..two and a half weeks later and I still cannot log on. Nothing has been accomplished and I still cant play. This has been a horrible experience and a waste of money.

Posted by: Alvin.2731

Alvin.2731

Ack Gaile is there any kind of update you can provide me with? I’ve seen other people with my same issue (serial key split) that have already been resolved. How long do I have to stay in the “waiting” period until i get a reissue?

Thanks for Everything
Ticket(#120902-005108)

Posted by: Krumb.6238

Krumb.6238

Posting for a friend.

Ticket was answered asking for same information twice already.

Reference number : 120910-008247 (greater than 5 days old)

Thank you.

Posted by: Alavastre.1693

Alavastre.1693

I know how you feel. I got my account back, and they never lifted the suspension. Talked to a GM, made a new ticket, and updated my other ticket, still waiting. You would think the would put an even higher priority on the people they were supposed to fix, but didn’t.

“The state is the great fiction by which everybody
seeks to live at the expense of everybody else.”
-F. Bastiat

Posted by: Elyk.3947

Elyk.3947

120824-006234
My GW1 linked account issue is resolved I just need a new serial key to apply to my pre-order account and my ticket can be closed. This ticket has been open since 8/24 should be a really quick one whenever you guys get the chance.

edit
My issue was resolved on 9/17/2012, took 24 days but I’m finally good to go.

(edited by Elyk.3947)

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

120909-001112

Ticket was answered asking for information already provided – updated nonetheless and is now awaiting response. Does customer service means copy and paste a pre-used response and let the ticket sit around for another 5 days or so after the customer has already been waiting for 5 days to start with?

Maybe I should just buy a new copy of GW2.

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Update — Friday, 14 September: Part 1

120908-000014 Resolved (at least as far as the refunds are concerned)
120828-001273 Resolved
120830-008691 Resolved
120901-005179 Resolved
120905-010590 Resolved
120906-001074 Resolved
120906-009117 Resolved
120906-009311 Resolved
120907-004368 Resolved
120908-001725 Resolved
120908-001987 Resolved
120908-005767 Resolved
120828-001273 Resolved
120909-001112 NOT Resolved — adding to new review list. Apologies!
120909-007006 and 120911-004407 Resolved
120909-000661 Resolved
120903-001548 Resolved; expect conclusion within 24 hours
120825-009727 and 120904-002878 Resolved; second ticket responded to separately
120827-003725 Provided info to allow player to resolve issue
120828-005612 Will be resolved with next distribution of CE items
120906-007244 We have provided info on securing this account
120902-005108 Responded, escalated for review
120901-009025 Escalated to sort out linking issues
120901-018289 In process as of 14 September
120904-011228 Escalated to senior agent
120908-006278 Escalated to sort out linking issues; I believe we are awaiting your response
120908-007060 Reset password; because of the repeated compromises, we’re concerned this email account may be vulnerable
120903-013436 Moved to GW queue
120909-001362 Moved to GW queue

If your ticket is at least five days old, and if you still need assistance, please post in the Tickets for Review – 5 days and older [merged] thread, which is here at the top of this forum.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

120909-001112

Ticket was answered asking for information already provided – updated nonetheless and is now awaiting response. Does customer service means copy and paste a pre-used response and let the ticket sit around for another 5 days or so after the customer has already been waiting for 5 days to start with?

Maybe I should just buy a new copy of GW2.

As you can see from the list above, I was told on that this was resolved yesterday. I’m so sorry that is not the case. I will put you at the top of my new review list.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Still missing 280 dollars of real money that the hackers used my stored cc information. Six days now. This is credit card fraud and a serious crime and I can’t even get a response.

120908-000014

The latest information I have is that credits have been issued for this. I can see you have added additional notes to the ticket, and I will allow the support team to respond, but I believe the most critical issue was getting you back the money, and that appears to have been completed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Gaile

Thanks for posting the updates regarding account issues.

I was wondering, since you already have a topic “Account Issue Updates – Posted Daily”
Could it be possible for you to post updated ticket numbers there or creat a new topic regarding updated/resolved ticket numbers? I think that it makes more sense, since in this thread it changes daily, and I find that I have to search the pages for your Ticket Number updates; to figure if my guildmates ticket number is there or not

Just a suggestion…as I’m sure that I’m not the only one doing the same thing

Thanks

Segna Bora

Ah here this post is. Segna Bora — you made an excellent suggestion yesterday, and as you can see, I have started doing exactly what you mentioned: Posting the updates in this forum thread and in the daily update notes.

Thanks for a good idea.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: stuartsy.1738

stuartsy.1738

Hello, I have a ticket regarding my account suspension because my account “may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual”, first submitted 9/04, and on 9/10, my ticket was updated saying that my access had been restored, but trying to login from the client just gave me the same error. I updated my ticket but there has been no contact from support since. Please help me resolve this issue as soon as posssible as its already been almost two weeks. ticket # 120904-004088

(edited by stuartsy.1738)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Re-Posting – Day 7- (Ticket Number 120907-008310), my wife got a response saying that the access has been restored, we followed the steps provided with the log in and password and it doesn’t work. Emailed the support as per the email saying if you have any questions please respond to this email and haven’t heard anything yet.

Would you be able to look into this please

Please fix this before the weekend we would really like to start playing together again.

I am sorry that the notes did not help resolve the issue. Yes, I will add this to today’s review list.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Sammich.4593

Sammich.4593

Hacked Account 120909-001628

My friend had his account hacked on the 9th of September, support is waiting for a serial which my friend replied with a few days ago, the serial was provided in the original ticket also.

Any chance of getting this sorted as it has now been 1 week where he has not been able to access the game.

Posted by: Natebert.8432

Natebert.8432

These 2 tickets have not yet been resolved. They cover basically the same topic.

120825-033103 created – 08/25/2012
120903-008429 created – 09/03/2012
The second ticket was created due to a suggestion to create a new one if my problem hadn’t been resolved by the 29th.
Anyway, I keep receiving basically canned responses asking for me to reply if my issues are still a problem. (as fixes come out, did it fix my issue?)

No, my main issues still persist and are;
- Missing Tome of Influence, that I used for my current guild, but did not actually receive the influence, possibly due to guild problems early on?
- Missing Miniature Rytlock pet, due to deleting the character while attempting to resolve the guild panel problems myself.
- Missing Chalice of Glory, due to deleting the same character while attempting to resolve the guild panel problems myself.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted by: Siegy.7092

Siegy.7092

Gaile please check my tickets!
120907-008203 = 7 days old already and still waiting
120825-005264 = 08/25/2012 got closed without any reply
Any answer you can provide me, any info would be greatly appreciated.. I’m getting really anxious and I’m afraid I will be not getting my DDE items back, thats what im worried about.. please can you check it for me? Thanks in advance

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please note: Some of you are asking for replacement of CE or DDE items that you either received and accidentally deleted or which you never received. Please note that one replacement run has been done. I believe another has been done or will be done very soon.

Replacements are one per customer. If you were on a previous list, you will not be given another set of replacements. If you were not on a replacement list, please be sure your ticket is filed with support and update to say you are still awaiting your items. Please do not file a new ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: PrestonSwain.6219

PrestonSwain.6219

120904-001142

Closed with no response after 7 days – reopened and still no response another 5 days later. It’s not a major issue like being locked out of my account… but it’s been 12 days and it’s been closed without an answer once, that’s not very acceptable support.