error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: zeroxdelta.3749

zeroxdelta.3749

I deleted the Local.dat that was in documents/guild wars 2, there was also one under the guild wars 2 folder in the program files and I deleted that one as well and i haven’t disconnected since then

Oh, haha, I see what you did there. I’m glad people who aren’t having the issue can find humor asking people to delete the main 14 gig .dat file and making them re-download the entire game again.

I am/was having the issue, it’s the Local.dat not the gw2.dat file that i deleted. idk why i had one in the gw2 folder tbh but it was there

oh and i went to go buy tacos and stuff while leaving the game up, still haven’t dc’d since deleting those files. really, dont delete the 14 gig file that’s not it. I mean the “Local.dat”, I’m not the type to set people on the wrong path on purpose

Hi

(edited by zeroxdelta.3749)

Posted by: Max Steele.5178

Max Steele.5178

I deleted the Local.dat that was in documents/guild wars 2, there was also one under the guild wars 2 folder in the program files and I deleted that one as well and i haven’t disconnected since then

Oh, haha, I see what you did there. I’m glad people who aren’t having the issue can find humor asking people to delete the main 14 gig .dat file and making them re-download the entire game again.

I am/was having the issue, it’s the Local.dat not the gw2.dat file that i deleted. idk why i had one in the gw2 folder tbh but it was there

oh and i went to go buy tacos and stuff while leaving the game up, still haven’t dc’d since deleting those files. really, dont delete the 14 gig file that’s not it. I mean the “Local.dat”, I’m not the type to set people on the wrong path on purpose

I gotcha Zero. Sorry for the accusation!

What I found is the Local.dat file contains all the options settings for the game. This includes all of the video options. Deleting it sets your options back to defaults.

I deleted mine and am now playing with the graphic settings that the game has detected for my system. I turned on vertical sync, because I can’t stand tearing.

It is possible there is a graphics setting that is causing a buffer overflow or some other error that disconnects us from the server.

I haven’t reached my threshold where I get disconnected, but it’s been about 20 minutes. I’ll update if I either get disconnected or stay connected before I have to go to bed.

EDIT:

Gah, nope. Disconnected. It was worth a try though. Thanks for the suggestion!

(edited by Max Steele.5178)

Posted by: zeroxdelta.3749

zeroxdelta.3749

it might be… I changed my setting back to what they used to be and now I’m starting to have a similar issue as I was before. still no error 7 though, just feels like it might at some point

Hi

Posted by: Sardoni.8361

Sardoni.8361

Deleted local.dat. Still error 7ing. It’s a trace route issue apparently… so nothing we can do on our ends will resolve it.

Posted by: strtmknx.2350

strtmknx.2350

Addendum

“I don’t know if anyone has posted this fix yet, but I’ll post it again. I recently started having this happen. After looking around, I eventually found out the ports that GW2 uses and created an exception for them on my router. On mine, at least, there is no preset exception so I had to create one.
The ports needed are TCP 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600, leave the application type blank or default.
Go here to see how to do this on your router: http://portforward.com/
In the event that you are using a router such as mine, which is not listed on portforward, here’s how you make the exceptions on a 2Wire 3801HGV…
The following is on the router:
The address, 192.168.1.254, and the password, it’s 6 digits on mine.
1 Click on the “Settings” tab
2 Click on the “Firewall” sub-section
3 Click on the “Applications, Pinholes and DMZ” subsection
4 Scroll to the bottom and click on the second to last link, “Add a new user-defined
application
5 Type in the name for the exception, I suggest “Guild Wars 2” for easy reference
6 Leave the “Protocol” as “TCP”
7 Type 80 into both the “From” and “To” fields for the “Port (or Range)”, I’ll explain how to
add the other ports in a moment
8 Ignore all the other fields, including “Application Type”
9 Click the “Add to List” button. You will see the port info at the bottom under “Definition List”
10 Now the “Application Profile Name” field should be gone. Simply repeat steps 6-9 until all the above listed ports are in the “Definition List”
11 Click the “Back” button
12 Under the section “1) Select a computer”, find the computer you will be running GW2
on and click its name. If you are unsure of the machine’s name, you can go here:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000827.htm
13 Go to the scroll field labeled “Application List” and find Guild Wars 2 or whatever you
named the application exception and highlight it, then click the “Add” button next to
the field
14 For the sake of assurance and redundancy, after the page refreshes, scroll to the bottom and click the “Save” button.
You should be ready to play GW2 with no more 7 errors. Prior to doing this, I would be kicked within 5 minutes. So far(3 hours) no kicks, even when tabbed out of the game.”

Also, be sure to set your ip to a static or fixed address with this specific router.

Posted by: Bez.4105

Bez.4105

My neighbor is on the exact same network as me (same router). He has no issues and I have a lot. It might not be a network problem.

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

These “fixes” seem to do nothing. For the first time last night I was able to play for 2.5 hours with no lag or disconnects. I hadn’t changed a single setting and was still playing through my router that doesn’t have the ports forwarded. No idea how or why. My friend on the other hand has never lagged since launch but he has been for the past two days.

Posted by: Fozzie.5641

Fozzie.5641

I had been playing this morning for a few hours without getting disconnected, but now the 7:11:3:189:101 error has been getting more frequent again – don’t know if it’s because more people are online now.

Posted by: KonekoKisses.1235

KonekoKisses.1235

Still happening to me. Can we please get an official update??

The lag and error 7 progressively gets worse as it gets closer to night time UK. (peak time I assume). Ive been able to play no problems first thing this morning.

Edit: okay so I did a -image, -repair and set my final shortcut command to -authserv 64.25.38.54 I’ve had no lag or error 7 since posting. Let’s hope it’ll work in the long term until a fix.

Edit2: although it helped a little….peak time kills me. I now can’t play at all.

“You can’t help that. We’re all mad here.”
-Herpaderp Brigade [HDB]

(edited by KonekoKisses.1235)

Posted by: Gokki.9574

Gokki.9574

Happening to me now, can’t login!

Posted by: MeamYee.9635

MeamYee.9635

Same error. I’ve been playing since early access and haven’t had a problem until about 4 days ago. It’s gotten progressively worse since then and the last two nights, I haven’t been able to stay connected for more than five minutes — oftentimes I can only stay connected for a minute. Same 7:11:3:189:101 error as everyone else.

Nurse Poundcake [DERP] – Maguuma

Posted by: ZhouYu.5683

ZhouYu.5683

I am having exactly the same issue and the game has become entirely unplayable near peak times, which is funnily enough the only time I really get to play.

I love this game, but this disconnect bug is a nightmare.

I’ve done /diag and the local port 80 ‘fix’ as well as forwarded ports, reinstalled, restarted and updated my graphics card driver.

Nothing works.

This is on Anet’s end and seriously needs fixing.

Posted by: Omedon.4230

Omedon.4230

As an intermission from the barrage of afflicted players and posting of trace routes and such, I’d just like to, in behalf of all of us, point out that I’m fairly sure we all realize the following forum rules:

Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, …

… And are not trying to break them, but I believe that the frustration over the silence on this issue is based on the precedent of communication on these forums, particularly in the case of what can easily be classified as a game-blocking bug, and there is growing desire to hear, officially “you can stop trying to break your router/antivirus/firewall, it’s not you.”

Many of us, myself included, clued into this pages ago, but as a tech support savvy friend of mine pointed out to me last night, for those of you used to fixing problems yourselves, sitting and waiting for someone else to apply the fix can be maddening. That being said, I strongly believe that that’s where we are now in the majority of error code 7 cases.

But ArenaNet could always tell us otherwise, were they so inclined

Posted by: Kraktas.4930

Kraktas.4930

Just want to confirm I have the same issues as everyone else here.

Lag and disconnecting errors, while other programs and internet are working fine.

I hope Areanet will addres the solution quickly, because playing is starting to get annoying.

I’m playing on a european server btw.

Posted by: Gibbet Lee.7496

Gibbet Lee.7496

My son and I are playing in the same room, both on Windows 7-64, going through the same firewall. He has no connection issues, I am constantly getting the disconnect.

The differences are:

I bought mine in July
He bought his just before Early Access.

We normally have fixed IP adresses . Somehow, someway Microsoft decided that what I really wanted was to be a DHCP client. and assigned me another IP. I know these are local IPs, but I am just saying all this in case it rings any bells.

The lease was granted friday, the same time I started having trouble. I know it’s likely I was assigned the same IP, but let’s assume I wasn’t. Could the IP of the client machine at the time of installation be kept around somewhere and every so often that IP is referenced and, as it no longer exists, there is a disconnect.?

I checked the registry but nothing there…is config data stored in the .dat file and could something unwanted be hanging around?

Just some thoughts.

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Since launch, guild wars has been running perfectly smoothly. Nice fps, no server lag. Then, as of yesterday I started having crazy lag – things would freeze and resume 2 minutes later, abilities wouldn’t activate after being pressed for 10 secs to a few minutes.
Then when things really start to freeze up, it crashes to character selection with Error Code=7:11:3:189:101. I’ve made sure GW2 has been given permission in my firewall. I’ve made sure nobody in the house was downloading, or even using the internet in any way. While I’m having these lag issues, other games (ps3 games) have no issues with connectivity, and my internet browsers are running full speed as well.
I thought it may have been netflix causing the issues at first, but after closing netflix that was on the wii system, and shutting the system down I am still getting this issue.
Pc specs
i15-2500k 3.3 GHz stock speed
16gb ram
ati 6850
win 7 64 bit
Internet speeds aren’t the issue – I’m not sure of my exact down/up rates but I know I can download torrents at 1.3 MB/s (and still not have this kind of lag while downloading at full speed)
Any ideas? This has prevented me from playing since saturday afternoon, I’ve been in GW2 withdrawal all weekend :P

Posted by: zoomsaur.2836

zoomsaur.2836

This is getting ridiculous. Nine pages of the same issue and still no reply. I, too, am having the same problem. Sometimes I can log in, and then I get the 7:11:3:189:101 error. Other times, I cannot even log in, and I get a network error Code=3032:1002:3939:101. Anet please fix this!

Posted by: Maelzrael.8142

Maelzrael.8142

A-net we really love the game and we really want to play it without the horrible lag an D/c’s we are getting. I understand that i am at your mercy especially since i dont pay a monthly fee(save the BLTP) but it would be really awesome if you would give us an update on your progress on this. You’ve not posted in about 4 days from what i can tell and i just want to know the problem is being worked on and/or that you’ve made progress… hopefully.

Also I’m sure this is implied but i’m still having this problem a week later.

~Maelzrael

Enlightening the minds of the youth.

Posted by: Gempulse.9463

Gempulse.9463

I am experiencing the same problem. It only happens to me during boss fights in dungeons, it seems. Please fix this, it is so incredibly frustrating.

Posted by: MorenoMdz.7943

MorenoMdz.7943

Same kitten thing happening to me one week later, exaclty on SUNDAY again, it is for sure the server kicking me every freaking minute. If I change to a map where there are LESS ppl playing I wont be kicked…

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

It was odd. I was having this problem as I posted a while ago. Last Thursday I played without using my guilds mumble and was able to play just fine through till Saturday. Sunday evening I starting getting the familiar lag preceeding the error:7 DC. Would really like a comment from Arenanet about this issue. Its serious and game breaking. Personally I may just give playing until its fixed. No fun getting DCed shortly after logging in.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

Posted by: nellethiel.8017

nellethiel.8017

I keep getting the error code 7:11:3:189:101 too…it only just started happening two days ago. I can’t stay in the game for more than a few minutes before I am logged off and sometimes I can’t even log in again at all, the option just doesn’t exist, I get the error right away. I don’t think it’s the router my building uses, since I’ve been using the same router to play ever since the game launched and all has been well until very recently…?

Either way, I also did the -diag test that was suggested earlier and these are my results:

Attachments:

Posted by: Kybott.8314

Kybott.8314

I’m getting sick of this. First few days after headstart were great. No lag, no disconnection problems but after a few days error 7 shows up. Not much but every few hours. Then it gradually became more common and common up to the point where I could not finish a personal story quest because it kept on disconnecting me. So I decided I’d give port forwarding a try (I could never do it) and I managed to do it. So everything’s working great, no lag or disconnections. I thought this is great, I can finally play properly without disconnecting every few minutes, but obviously these things can’t last forever and I just got another error 7 after spending about 45 seconds gathering a mushroom. Just checked my ports and they’re still open, nothing wrong with them. I don’t want to sound like a kitten but I would really like it if you could update us a bit more on the status of this error and all other errors that people are experiencing.

Posted by: Andy.2548

Andy.2548

What will it take to get some feedback??

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

If I had a twitter account I would post. Maybe that would get some attention.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

ZhouYu.5683

Right, a user named RossCoBrit on reddit has come up with the theory that the error code 7:11:3:189:101 bug may be linked to ISP traffic shaping.

In my opinion, this theory has a lot to be said for it;
- it supports the fact that issues are most prominent during peak times (when ISP’s shape/throttle traffic)
- It means that the issue is neither on our ends or on Anet’s, which makes it particularly hard to track down for either party.
- It could feasibly affect vast swathes of people with very little else in common than having an ISP who shapes/throttles traffic at peak times.

So, what can you do to help matters along?

Well, there needs to be more evidence that this is the issue. Correlation does not equal causation, but if there is a high correlation between people having the issue who share the same ISP’s that shape traffic, we might be able to get somewhere.

So, please post:
- Your country
- Your ISP name
- Which package you are on (some packages are shaped, while others aren’t)
- Whether the issue is more noticeable during known traffic shaping hours
- Whether your isp is know to shape/manage/throttle traffic

If we all keep to a similar format it will be easier for us/Arenanet to compile a list and look for correlations.

For myself:
- UK
- Virgin Broadband
- 2omb package
- I need to test to be certain, but the issue is definitely better after 9pm when my traffic shaping ceases.
- Yes, virgin actively shapes traffic at peak times.

Thanks for your help, hopefully together we can get this fixed, or at least advanced.

/Zhou

p.s. If anyone else is on Virgin UK it is worth checking whether the issues suddenly stop at 3pm or 9pm when the traffic management ceases. I’m going to test this myself today and post results later.

(edited by ZhouYu.5683)

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

@ZhouYu

While this does make sense (and is very possible) it seems like the result is a little extreme for what throttling would do. What happens to me anyways seems similar to when I’m downloading a file at max speeds, cutting off my internet access to pretty much anything else.

Of course, nothing has been downloading, so…

Posted by: Totdigital.3925

Totdigital.3925

Is not the ISP I’m sure, i have 4 PC’s in my house all of them on the same network connection (100MB fiber). 1 of them is getting dc every 10-15 min. The 1 that is getting this error happens to be the best PC in house. So i have no idea what can make this error appear but I’m 100% sure is not the ISP. If I find something sure I will post it, I think i found the problem but I need to test more before I say it is a fix. After I disabled “Best Texture Filtering” I did not dc in the last 1 h so maybe this is it but still not sure.

Edit: Error after 1h and 20 min :|

(edited by Totdigital.3925)

ZhouYu.5683

I don’t know why throttling would cause this, and it is no more than a theory at the moment, but I reckon its still worth listing isps to check it out.

Its also possible that several different errors, or network connection issues, are being compounded here, either under different error messages, or more annoyingly, the same one.

To me it seems that even if listing isps and network packages ends up being redundant, it is still something we can do, even if only to help rule out one possible option.

Posted by: Saverin.4165

Saverin.4165

Can we get a post from Anet saying if they are working on this or not, this is making my game unplayable and about ready to give up on it.

Posted by: Fish of doom.4137

Fish of doom.4137

i am having the same problem, however i wanted to ask – does any of oyu tried the in-game chat during the lag. it seems that the in-game chat (parties and guild chat and whispers) are working fine DURING the lag itself. i can let my friends know when i am having a lag – and they answer. the chat itself has no lags at all.

ISP: Netvision
5MB package cable
dunno about shaping.
the problem is more noticable during pick times. (12:00 pm – 8:00 pm) however, other games works just fine during peak times. and of course the in-game chat is working fine until i get kicked.

ZhouYu.5683

Fish of doom, a cursory google indicates (but does not prove) that netvision probably traffic shapes, even if they don’t admit to it publicly. Indeed, according to some pages they perform deep pack inspection as well as traffic shaping.

Posted by: Fish of doom.4137

Fish of doom.4137

Fish of doom, a cursory google indicates (but does not prove) that netvision probably traffic shapes, even if they don’t admit to it publicly. Indeed, according to some pages they perform deep pack inspection as well as traffic shaping.

The game did work for me during head-start and before recent patches (about a week ago lags have began) even during peak-times. other games work well too even right now. the in-game chat also works fine. so i am not sure it’s an ISP.
i will switch ISP in next few days, to test but i am really not sure this is the problem.

Posted by: Totdigital.3925

Totdigital.3925

Update: After I got the last error I disabled “Best Texture Filtering” again and this time I also deleted Local.dat from Documents and it seems like it is fixed. I did not get any error in the last 2 hours.

Edit: 4 hours and still no error for me, seems like that was the problem.

(edited by Totdigital.3925)

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

Can we get a post from Anet saying if they are working on this or not, this is making my game unplayable and about ready to give up on it.

I agree. I would like an update on matters as well. I have a long line of support tickets on this but no one seems to be acknowledging this issue is affecting more than just me.

Saverin.4165

I agree. I would like an update on matters as well. I have a long line of support tickets on this but no one seems to be acknowledging this issue is affecting more than just me.

Ya i have a support ticket in but they keep telling me to use third party programs and i find that worrisome, so i havent yet but im trying anything people say works in here.

Posted by: astiller.4367

astiller.4367

same here on EU server Abbadons Mouth since few days. Neither clientport:80 nor authserv:<fixed-ip> worked. sPvP and WvW is unplayable like this. GW1 with same PC has no problems like this. Today i thought /clientport:80 would be the solution but it was statistic effect only. i could play 4 sPvP games in a row but crashed sometime later again in WvW with the err=7.

Saverin.4165

Update: After I got the last error I disabled “Best Texture Filtering” again and this time I also deleted Local.dat from Documents and it seems like it is fixed. I did not get any error in the last 2 hours.

Edit: 4 hours and still no error for me, seems like that was the problem.

I just tried this and it didnt seem to work for myself or my gf

Posted by: KonekoKisses.1235

KonekoKisses.1235

I did the winsock reset and then rebooted my router, then my comp.

HUZZAH. I’ve had NO network lag or error 7’s last night or tonight…I’m a happy Kitty! Try resetting winsock like I did, see if that works. :>

“You can’t help that. We’re all mad here.”
-Herpaderp Brigade [HDB]

Posted by: Domestos.1598

Domestos.1598

OK…so…

All ports open, internet fine as another computer on same router/modem with no issues (does have code 7 issues just not the same time as me)

I play this game for hours on end with no problems
I change zones and….
Code 7
code 7
code 7
code 7
change zones back play fine again
try a new character:
code 7
code 7
(if I hear for the sake of the land… one more time I will fall out with Caithe)
go back to main in old area plays fine even managed to get to 80

I wait outside a dungeon for guildies and get constant code 7 DC’s, go into dungeon no DC’s for entire dungeon run?

In what way is this my computer or internet?

I have no problem playing just playing in certain zones at certain times…seems to be your side Anet and not mine?

Sorry for the rant but I am pulling my hair out

Avoiding reality is now virtually possible

(edited by Domestos.1598)

Saverin.4165

OK…so…

All ports open, internet fine as another computer on same router/modem with no issues (does have code 7 issues just not the same time as me)

I play this game for hours on end with no problems
I change zones and….
Code 7
code 7
code 7
code 7
change zones back play fine again
try a new character:
code 7
code 7
(if I hear for the sake of the land… one more time I will fall out with Caithe)
go back to main in old area plays fine even managed to get to 80

In what way is this my computer or internet?

I have no problem playing just playing in certain zones at certain zones…seems to be your side Anet and not mine?

Sorry for the rant but I am pulling my hair out

I agree with you, im able to play on certain zones with certain characters. I really need to get into the game im a leader for my guilds WvW force and it sucks being out of the game 4 days in a row

Posted by: Superlol.3741

Superlol.3741

I managed to play in WvW for around 1 hour+ (and in the game it self for like 2 hours before entering the WvW) and than boom a kitten error 7 again. Been having this issue every 5 mins since yesterday. And i thought it was fixed :/

[CIR] – Blacktide

Posted by: SkiBallz.9032

SkiBallz.9032

I’ve given up. I un-installed the game, and am now re-installing again. I did a de-frag, I had tried all the “fixes” posted here, but this is the only thing I haven’t done.
Tomorrow (it’s 4:35 P.M. now, and I’m sure I wont be able to play for another 12 hours) I will see if anything has changed.
If not, I guess I’ll just go back to another game until something (miracle, or otherwise) happens.
Love this game, mind you. Am very, very frustrated with current events.

Posted by: Superlol.3741

Superlol.3741

I’ve given up. I un-installed the game, and am now re-installing again. I did a de-frag, I had tried all the “fixes” posted here, but this is the only thing I haven’t done.
Tomorrow (it’s 4:35 P.M. now, and I’m sure I wont be able to play for another 12 hours) I will see if anything has changed.
If not, I guess I’ll just go back to another game until something (miracle, or otherwise) happens.
Love this game, mind you. Am very, very frustrated with current events.

Its more sad that so many people don’t have those problems, though we might have better connection and etc.

[CIR] – Blacktide

Posted by: Soulus.4308

Soulus.4308

It does seem to me that when it reaches a certain time (usually around 8 – 12, depending on when it peaks or w/e on Fissure of Woe or w/e) is when I start to experience this error. Hehe not best thing to have to deal with when coming on at 1am for first time haha.

Posted by: Sacrosanct.3016

Sacrosanct.3016

Arena Net’s silence is disappointing.

Posted by: Wit.7389

Wit.7389

If I had a twitter account I would post. Maybe that would get some attention.

@GuildWars2 How about a frustration-reducing update on the error 7:11:3:189:101 issue? Days since a TS forum appearance on the matter.

Just FYI, I tweeted that about 8 hours ago.

Max Steele.5178

I have 35 Mbps / 35 Mbps FIOS. There is no traffic shaping / throttling on my system.

I have tried deleting the local.dat file and using the port 80 switch shortcut. Nothing.

This issue lies on Arenanet’s network. Until they fix it, we’re going to continue to have disconnects while playing.

Posted by: Andy.2548

Andy.2548

Has anyone else tried that Winsock Reset? if you do please post results..

Max Steele.5178

Has anyone else tried that Winsock Reset? if you do please post results..

I’ve been following this thread but I don’t recall what the details were for a “Winsock Reset”. Did someone post that earlier? What does this involve?