error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kybott.8314

Kybott.8314

Hi there, I just managed to fix my problem yesterday thanks to the wonderful support team. If you haven’t already I suggest submitting a ticket and talking with the support team via e-mail. I didn’t have a problem with just GW2, I was having problems with any game that used a dedicated server. I just kept disconnecting. Then I was told to do a MSCONFIG and disable all the programs being used at startup, this worked like a charm. I am no longer getting error 7, or getting disconnected from any game. The only flaw is I’m not sure which program was causing the disruptions, I am currently in the process of finding out, I’ll post my findings later on. Good luck to all of you!

Posted by: Stylx.1927

Stylx.1927

I also disabled most startup programs, though i didn’t have anything in there using a dedicated server.

Posted by: HolyFragGrenade.1025

HolyFragGrenade.1025

I had NO issues until this latest update/patch. To say that it’s on our end and not your game is offending. There’s something wrong with your game and you point fingers at your customers… Well this game was fun and I thought ANet changed for the better, but now I just have a bad taste in my mouth and I’m out $60. So much for your “good” community if you can’t even own up to your mistakes. Just keep playing the blame game, see how far it gets you. Yes there are a few people that are having issues that are on their end, but when a large group of people start getting this issue after the recent patch? That’s on you. I’m really starting to lose respect for ANet with this silent treatment and then blame game when they do post. Fix your game, I’m sick of playing (when it lets me) a beta.

Posted by: Charosive.1639

Charosive.1639

I played fine the first 5 days after launch. Then a patch hits & I get error 7 every 10 seconds or less. How is this a connectivity issue on my part if I was able to play perfectly for the first 5 days? Please find out what’s wrong, I really enjoyed this game & don’t want to just leave a game I like to but am unable to play on my computer as it makes me sad.

Posted by: krynn.8340

krynn.8340

the support didnt answer me yet.. and i see that they dont really find the problem for this to happen.. it the second day that i cant play the game because of that error.

Posted by: NvN.4321

NvN.4321

Yesterday everything was fine. Then error 7 started dropping me AGAIN today. I can’t stay logged in for more than 2 minutes. The gw2 kill connection completely i can’t use any other services, then gets recconected after 3-4 min then i can play for 2 min and so on. If i shut down gw2 moments after i get error 7 the connection will restore itself faster. It’s not on our end for gods sake.

Krosis Hellfire

Posted by: Wit.7389

Wit.7389

Wow, finally a response from Anet. While it is a crap response, clearly showing they accept no responsibility for the issue, the reply did resolve one nagging concern I have had lately. After this I know my BS detector is definitely still working fine.

Posted by: Achoros.3089

Achoros.3089

Anet might be right about these being problems on the player end, but if they are, it’s only because of a design flaw I’ve never encountered before.

Basically, let’s assume that all of us have crappy internet connections that randomly drop packets long or lose connection long enough to get disconnected, but not long enough for us to notice anything else (I don’t lose my Skype call and Pandora keeps playing, but GW2 says dc). Maybe it’s a moment of lost packets heading to the server. If this is true, then the problem is still that Anet didn’t build in the obvious safety-net feature that so many other online games have.

It’s a wait-time before disconnect. Pretty straightforward, you don’t get disconnected for 25 seconds (I’m arbitrarily copying the number valve uses, but any time period could work) after loss of signal. Sure those of us having this problem will have some lag spikes, but considering how brief these dcs are (can instantly reconnect) it shouldn’t be too bad, and it’s certainly better than the way things stand. I quit doing WvW because getting dced from game on a server where queues can be very long was just making me angry.

Plus, implementing this would prevent a complaint people have about WvW, which is players logging out when they’re downed so they don’t die (basically, you never actually leave game for a few seconds after you dc). The only downside is limiting the ability to instantly swap characters.

Posted by: treeqt.2594

treeqt.2594

So it’s my fault if Guild Wars 2, and Guild Wars 2 only, laggs heavily to the point of being completely unplayable between 6pm and 10pm for 2 weeks now?

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I had absolutely no problems with lag or disconnections for the first 3 weeks but all of a sudden I now have terrible lag as well as getting this code on a regular basis. I have no issues with any other online games even when I’m on North American servers. This is clearly a fault on ANet’s end.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

- Server: Desolation
- 50Mbit network, everythings ok with it most of the time
Since several days i get huge lagspikes while playing, in basically every zone (Plains of Ashford, WvW, Lions Arch). Those lagspikes can take from 2 sec – over 60sec. Sometimes i still see people around running normally, while my skills won´t fire off.
My ping seems to vary between 70 – 160ms.
While opening the Resourcemonitor on Windows i also figured out that my client connects to servers in Austin Texas?
If you want to check your network satus:
- CTRL ALT DEL
- Performance
- Resourcemonitor
- Network
- Check gw2.exe
→ check data in TCP connection
Why do i connect to a server in Austin while playing from EU and playing on Desolation?
I only get those lagspikes on peaktimes, if i play in the morning or late night, it doesn´t happen.
EDIT:
Another lagspike, this time i got disconnected with the errorcode 7:11:3:189:101

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

Posted by: Evermore.9803

Evermore.9803

This is my first post to the forums, wanted to chime in and say I have been having this same issue for the past 4 days or so. Before this, I could stay connected perfectly fine. My network has been double-checked and is fine. I am able to utilize full net connectivity elsewhere fine. (While browsing other sites Anet’s site will hang and give me a “server error” message)

Please look further into this. My brother let me know he is having the same DC issue with error 7 and we don’t have the same ISP nor live near each other. This is cannot possibly be a problem on the ISP’s end.

“Division from within invalidates suffering.”
-Nevermore, Dreaming Neon Black

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in posting in this thread. I assure you we are still looking into this issue.

Can those of you who are still getting error 7 let me know what country you are playing from please.

Germany.

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Oh well this is just great. Explain the logic of this to me. How is that the problem is on my end with only your game; all my other games work just fine. I am shocked at their ambivalence towards a problem that is so blatantly NOT on our end. If it’s true that our end is the problem, then what are the systems requirements for this game? What type of connections is needed? If I had known that your game won’t work with my ISP I wouldn’t have purchased your game. Guess this is when no subscription is a bad thing. If I had to pay every month then Anet would have a reason to fix the problem or else kiss the subs good bye. Hanging us out to dry like this just isn’t right.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

Posted by: Trondesson.4039

Trondesson.4039

I had absolutely no problems with lag or disconnections for the first 3 weeks but all of a sudden I now have terrible lag as well as getting this code on a regular basis. I have no issues with any other online games even when I’m on North American servers. This is clearly a fault on ANet’s end.

Sounds exactly like my experience. Usually no problems, then a few days ago this lag and the same error, then I had some days late shift and couldn’t play this early, but today, on my first free day in a while, it’s back.

Posted by: ClanMacFeegle.8410

ClanMacFeegle.8410

Getting the same thing. ONLY with GW2 also. no problem with anything else on my system that runs at the same time IE Vent, TS3,
started a few days back but only on one toon that was in Lion’s arch. now it seems i have to avoid Lion’s arch or loose a toon there for days unable to log in.

I think I’ve found the problem.
Incompatible registries.

Run CCleaner to clean up your system and registries.
CCleaner Download

I did some testing today, and after CCleaner, I’ve stopped crashing with error:7.

Tried this myself along with 1001 other possable tweeks. yet still Code 7 constantly on toons in Lions Arch

not wanting to sound nasty but i am so glad i found out its not just me that is having this problem.

(edited by ClanMacFeegle.8410)

Posted by: IceViking.6851

IceViking.6851

-I have opened all ports, turned off firewalls, uninstalled all virus and malware software.
-I attached log files from PingPlotter on a per-second basis which shows zero packet loss at the moment it disconnects and all green. Connection stays live.
-I have also included the winsock file before reset.
-I updated all drivers including network card drivers.
-UPnp is on.
-I run windows 7 64 bit. i5 Intel, 8GBP RAM, AMD graphics
-European Server, Live in Iceland, Server “Piken Square”
-I have tried lag optimizing method (WoW software) although the problem does not seem to be at all related to ping or packet loss according to Ping Plotter.
-I am connected to optical fiber network that is nowhere near capacity. Vodafone Iceland is ISP provider.

I have been kicked out with the errors outlined above that does not seem in any way connected with the activity of the character. I can be standing still. It can take 2 minutes, it can take 20 min. Even during character creation. I have never received an error during log-in. I have tried all times of day.

Posted by: mals.2479

mals.2479

Well it is not the network, router, ISP or something external to my PC. My wife and I share the same network as she is fine. She even has the same Anti-virus software. We are both running Windows 7 64 bit. She has zero errors; I have it each time I log in. It is like the old connect is kept between sessions even though it is timed out and it does not get a new one for a few minutes. After that I am fine.

I tried repair, I tried clientport 80, no difference to be seen, still:
Error Code 7:1000:7006:836
The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restating the client and trying again.

Personally I find the error message insane because if you do restart it just does it again. I have to let the client sit for a few minutes and then try several times and then finally it lets me in. Restarting does nothing but restart the frustrating episode.

Attached is a zip file with the logs from both machines to help you look at what is different between them to see what is going on. My machine is a Dual Xeon running VMware with 20 GB of memory and 2 SSD. Here is an older Intel dual core machine with 8 GB of ram and a 2 TB hard disk. I think this is a software issue, or possibly hardware dependent. It is not external to the PC since that infrastructure is shared and she has never had any issues.

The attachment is actually a zip file since it is four files. Change the extension. How annoying you cannot upload multiple files or a zip. Expect 4 replies due to a silly limit). The wife is DL files.

mals.2479

network diagnostics for mine.

Attachments:

mals.2479

Her files …………………………………………….

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

I start getting this error for the 1st time 5 hrs ago. i’ve been playing with no issues since 3 day head start, but now every time i enter wvw i keep getting disconnected. it happens on wvw map ONLY. i don’t know why, my net is fine. it is your end a net. you need to investigate this asap.

Posted by: GreyXIII.7231

GreyXIII.7231

Problem still here after trying above solutions. I dont see how this is on my end when i can play other games like bf3 without issue

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

It’s really disheartening to see that not only am I still experiencing this problem four months after first reporting it but that it now seems to be affecting more and more players.

FYI for those new to this problem, it seems to have popped up earlier this year and started affecting both GW and GW2 at about the same time. Players who once could play both without problems suddenly started having this problem. But somehow the problem is on our end…

Posted by: Coraliine.1597

Coraliine.1597

I’m getting really frustrated. I was told by ANet that it’s my ISP because I’m suffering packet loss. However, I contacted my ISP and even had someone come out here to take a look. He confirmed that it’s not at all on my end. The packets are being lost, yes, but it’s because of the game.

I’m able to play any other online game for extended periods of time without any lag or disconnects. Yet GW2 always manages to give me problems.

I went 2 days without the error and thought that maybe I was done. But, no. It’s back today and with a vengeance. I am so sick of this.

Cora Staalvoss – 80 Guardian
Born of Indecision [BORN] Guild Leader
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

Posted by: AnjelFew.2463

AnjelFew.2463

Mals, Your Diag file looks almost identical to mine. I included mine for reference. I was able to log over 65 hours into the game since pre day one. Then out of the blue i was playing one night, went to bed, woke up the next day and went to play and bam this issue. Sometimes i can even get into the game and start running around. Yesterday i was even able to log in and run around for about 10 minutes before it did this and then i couldn’t get in again. There has been absolutely NO change on my end. I have made sure all my ports have been forwarded and what not. I just find it odd that i can play for almost 70 hours and then bam have this… Seems like a patch issue, or a server issue on their end.

Posted by: Zeth.3920

Zeth.3920

Downloaded and Ran C cleaner, for whatever reason it found a registry problem with Gw2 and when i it went to go delete this “problem” along with many others on my PC i read the reason CCleaner told me this happens; it said something about a firewall which i don’t have installed at all and the file being left behind after uninstalling programs . Anyway i been 45 min Error free Longest i have gone in 2 weeks will keep you guys Updated wish i got a screenshot of the registry files for you guys wasn’t thinking, didn’t think it would work don’t know if it worked completely yet. will play throughout the night and report back to this forums if Ccleaner is a Fix for me and hopefully many more.(my grammar sucks i know but just deal lol ty)

worked for a while but once Peak hours came along it failed. AT least i actually got to play more then 5 min today which is more then i could yesterday.

(edited by Zeth.3920)

Posted by: Nomura.2367

Nomura.2367

462 hours played since game launch with no problems at all ,and now cannot play more than 1-2 min, sometimes 5-10 sec and error 7:11:3:189:101 comes up. Have done port forwarding, /clientport 80 , tried wtfast, no changes at all.

Posted by: ruffellprefley.2986

ruffellprefley.2986

add me to the list here. i used to play with no problems at all, but now i get this every few minutes. nothing has changed with my router

Posted by: Stylx.1927

Stylx.1927

My issue came back. I reran CCleaner, and it found new registry errors. I removed those, and guild wars 2 works again.

Either something i’m doing with guild wars 2, or something guild wars 2 is doing, or an interaction between one of my programs and guild wars 2 is causing lost registries, which is crashing with error 7.

Posted by: Andy.2548

Andy.2548

When i run CCleaner for registry errors mine comes out clean. I’m still getting error 7 a lot….

Posted by: Zeth.3920

Zeth.3920

Yeah unfortunately im now clean or registry errors and error 7 has come back full force with a vengeance now almost seems like error 7 has a mind of it own and it kitten i tried to fix it. at least i had a good 2 hours error free, was so hopeful .

Posted by: Noro.7953

Noro.7953

I have had this issue from the first time I installed GW2 I have tried all the workaround suggested in the forums and your support page to no avail. I also contacted my ISP who said they can see no error but also paid for a technician to come out and test all my lines to ensure there was no fault.so I am now out of pocket for buying the collectors edition and also getting my line checked as well. it is becoming unplayable but yet you still say its the users end where the issue Lies?? how is that fair to your customers.

Posted by: Ormzazt.3186

Ormzazt.3186

Having this problem since two days ago, after playing for a month with no lag or errors. I tried the suggested fixes in the forums but nothing changed.

Posted by: savage.3469

savage.3469

I get alot of lag during 7-11pm EST, anyone else?

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

swisscom not working, again

really sad to see how arenanet is not able to find permanent solutions for those issues

Posted by: Peter Lake.9735

Peter Lake.9735

I am highly disappointed. the problem still persists, and it is by no means on my end, At the same time I can launch and play the original Guild Wars Flawlessley. Therefore the problem could not lie at my end, or at the ISP. Anet must seriously take a look in the game and see where they went wrong.

Posted by: Erai.8906

Erai.8906

This has got to do with the client or an update. My wife is playing GW2 directly behind me flawlessly. Was not having this issue until the most recent patch/update.

Posted by: Anso.5906

Anso.5906

I have updated drivers bla bla. I had absolutely no problems the first weeks. But since the last patch I crash to character screen continuesly, after having played anything from 1 min to 10 min. Totally unplayable.

Posted by: Anso.5906

Anso.5906

Oh and I play from Sweden

Posted by: Simon De Borovsk.7460

Simon De Borovsk.7460

since 29.9.2012
Lag Lag and more Lag. then i get disconnected with code 7:11:3:189:101
Game Status: Unplayable
same lag is also present in Guild Wars I (in the guild halls) the average pings are 1600ms

GW2 was running fine for me since the Betas (except the one with log in issues)
and NO i dont have routing issues… this problem appears on other computers i tried to log in with. and persists only in GW2 and to some extent it huge pings (server side packet loss?) are causing this.
such things occured long ago in GW after specific new builds were released. they usually dealt/upgraded Bot Detection/IP Blocking measures.

Posted by: ToxicKnight.6917

ToxicKnight.6917

Ugh I’ve got this problem as well. It wasn’t ENOUGH that I also got an error 58 (though the /clientport80 trick has fixed it somewhat) I now can not even play the game without this curse of an error ruining my experience. I have been able to play the tutorials… and that’s it. I haven’t had this game for a week, and I’ve only been able to play the tutorials. They’re nice tutorials, really they were fun. But I came fo the game and I can’t even have that. And at this point it seems that it isn’t from the players end but rather ArenaNet’s. If it is they’d better fix it well or else people will demand refunds en masse, if it isn’t I hope I can find out why I can’t play the game. I’m posting this because (like everyone else here) I want to see this problem resolved and I want to make sure this is still on the front of the tech support forum page. Good luck to all of you out there.

Posted by: volgard.4710

volgard.4710

Got this now too.

I attended all the BWEs and it was only on BWE2 that I had this problem. Starting early access until Thursday (Sept. 21, 2012) I didn’t have this issue, and it all started last Sept 22 to-date.

Other MMOs are fine, except for GW2.

FYI, thanks.

Posted by: Andy.2548

Andy.2548

I would like to play the game i paid 60 bucks for. Get your kitten together Anet.

Posted by: volgard.4710

volgard.4710

Additional information I’ve observed.

- This problem happens when I try and go to areas like Sparkfly Fen or Kessex Hills which I think has lots of players, using my level 80 character.
- There is no issue going to areas like Brisban Wilds, using my level 17 toon. I think there aren’t a lot of players here too.
- When this issue happens, the area loading screen almost takes forever. And if ever it finishes loading, I cannot execute actions like attack. However, at the same time, Trading Post and Chat are working just fine.

FYI.

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

Still no respond from arenanet?

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

Posted by: Ormzazt.3186

Ormzazt.3186

the solution offered here on the second post solved my problem for now.

Posted by: HolyFragGrenade.1025

HolyFragGrenade.1025

So, ANet… You got anything? Can you acknowledge that this is an issue? Are you trying to fix this? How many more posts and/or threads need to pop up before you do something about this ridiculous issue? Or is this going to be history repeating itself? Just like how GW1 was, ok servers at first then just massive lag and err7’s. I know you have our money, but if you want more could you please fix these issues that make the game unplayable?

Posted by: deaths suffering.7851

deaths suffering.7851

I just started the game and im getting this error

Posted by: ToxicKnight.6917

ToxicKnight.6917

Putting this here to see if it’s on my end

Posted by: Morato.8324

Morato.8324

I am also getting the same error and then the code = 58:11:5:504:101 this is now happening every time i log in within 1 min or 2.