error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aurora.3506

Aurora.3506

As a background I picked up a copy of this game on Monday and was playing flawlessly, no latency issues at all up until late Wednesday. Then I started getting these (Code=7:11:3:189:101)‘s and I’ve been dropping back to the character selection screen constantly since, sometimes its 2 minutes, sometimes its an hour or anything in between. I figured it was a problem on my end at first and tried to diagnose it myself, but with little luck. Given the number of people here who have been having similar issues from around the same time frame I’m not as convinced the problem is on (or at least exclusively) my end, considering no other games are having these issues.

I’ll try some more of these suggested fixes and diagnostics and reply or update this post.

Thanks in advance

Posted by: Gokki.9574

Gokki.9574

Gotten disconnected a few times, error 7:1000:7006:771:101

Attachments:

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

Here’s my LSP.txt

Attachments:

(edited by Caine.3648)

Posted by: Renoe.9485

Renoe.9485

I just got this game yesterday, and i haven’t been able to play it cause of the error 7 i keep getting…
The initial loading screen after choosing characters takes forever and when it does open, (1 in every 4 tries), my character cannot interact with the environment… can’t talk using [F] and definitely can’t attack…. even changing between town and armor clothing doesn’t work until i restart the game… I’ve tried everything possible so i’m hoping this diagnostic report can help somehow..

Hey guys..
I tried connecting my laptp directly to my modem and it seems to be working well so far…

Attachments:

(edited by Renoe.9485)

Posted by: Switish.9417

Switish.9417

This has been driving me nuts for the past week. Always Dc with Code 7:11:3:189:101 the moment I teleport to a new area or start a new character within the first 5 seconds of just simply walking around ( yes you heard me 5 seconds)…If I leave a character in an area for about a day without playing it I can stay and play there the next day and not be discconected with the error, however the moment I teleport or walk through a portal to a different part of the map e.g Wayfarer Foothills to Snowden Drifts, Im discconected..

As someone mentioned before in a few posts back I noticed that if you dont touch your character for any amount of time in a ‘error 7 area’ you wont be kicked but the moment you move, back to the character screen you go.

Also the issue dosen’t seem to happen when Im in dungeons like AC and overflow servers (well not as much anyway). Ive followed posts here on how to reslove it, including redownloading the client again and no luck so far. Im still waiting to hear what support thinks from my ticket. All I can say is thank god I made alts so I can alternate between them.

Ps. It worked perfectly fine until the beginning of September

Posted by: krapmot.8016

krapmot.8016

I am on the campus network connected via ethernet cable. They will not allow me to alter which ports are open which is understandable. Here is the Diagnostic Report. Good luck and thank you

Attachments:

Posted by: Lethal.4802

Lethal.4802

Hey guys,
I had this problem since day 1 of headstart (no problems during betas).
Today i’ve had no problems whatsoever, either anet fixed it or my new fiddling sorted it.
I changed my DNS to use google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, whilst launching the game with -clientport 80 on the end of the launch instructions (see earlier suggestion by anet).

If anyone else tries this please let me know if it works or fails for them.
Lethal

Posted by: many.6724

many.6724

Hey guys,
Today i’ve had no problems whatsoever, either anet fixed it or my new fiddling sorted it.
I changed my DNS to use google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, whilst launching the game with -clientport 80 on the end of the launch instructions (see earlier suggestion by anet).

Lethal

hi ,lethal:
i tried your solution , the erro 7 did show sometimes but i could stay in game for a while . thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Maximoose.5419

Maximoose.5419

I didn’t start having this problem until the patch last night (9-7). I have tried the fixes posted with no luck. Attached is my diag.

Attachments:

(edited by Maximoose.5419)

Posted by: aggmang.8493

aggmang.8493

I am on the campus network connected via ethernet cable. They will not allow me to alter which ports are open which is understandable. Here is the Diagnostic Report. Good luck and thank you

I"m actually at the University at Buffalo as well with the same issue.

Posted by: HiItsBrandon.9620

HiItsBrandon.9620

Hey guys,

Lethal

I tried it, but still disconnected and logged out. After that I couldn’t log back on any characters until I changed my DNS settings back.

Posted by: Bones.8209

Bones.8209

Try turning off your proxy server if you are running one.. I noticed hotspot shield was causing this exact error.

Posted by: Maldraxis.2406

Maldraxis.2406

This error is crap, absolute crap at that.
Most posts here state :
" MY GAME RAN FINE UNTIL …. "
Now they want logs from our end ? It’s great they responded fast and all but seriously, it’s on your end, not ours buddy.
Like many here and the countless amount of others who don’t use the forums, gameplay is impossible.
Story quests ? .. pfft forget it, I barely last longer then 3 minutes in game. I went from flawless gameplay to practically none and all without touching my settings or altering any aspect of computer and yet, somehow it’s my end is it ?
Did I change anything on my computer ? HELL NO, it was fine until you devs screwed it up on your end, why should I change settings and risk ruining what was a perfectly fine setup?
You want logs so you can pinpoint your mistakes ?
I thought game developers were capable of error checking last I heard.

Long post short, Devs screw up and we get to do their job for them.

PS. Kinda funny really, it’s like the D3 release all over again, now to find a youtube video of a fat guy screaming “Error 7 !! How many friggen errors did you need to count up to!?” and my day will be complete.

Posted by: Gorkha.2571

Gorkha.2571

STILL lagging like hell, keep annoyingly diein in game bcause of lagg spikes. fix it already please :/

Posted by: Booze.7381

Booze.7381

Still got the same problem where I suddenly disconnect while the net is otherwise fine.

Posted by: Fozzie.5641

Fozzie.5641

I’ve been receiving the 7:11:3:189:101 error. Sometimes I can go a few hours without getting it, and other times it’ll happen 5 times within 20 minutes.

Understandably very frustrating! Can’t see any issue with firewall/AV, etc on my end.

Result of diag is attached. Thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: Sweazy.5123

Sweazy.5123

Hope it will be usefull
(I have the same issue, of course)

Attachments:

Posted by: saifer.7124

saifer.7124

Nothing from this topic helped to solve lag issue. There’s my LSP and networkdiag.

(edited by saifer.7124)

Posted by: MorenoMdz.7943

MorenoMdz.7943

This is ridiculous, the game was running perfectly until I reach Brisban Wildlands and now I can’t stay online for even a minute.

I tried to change routers, I was using an ethernet cable to connect to my router, swapped to wifi, oppened all ports on both the router and the moden, connected directly to the modem, removed all anti virus and firewall from windows but NONE of these solved the issue.

I can stay online just fine on my lvl 5 char on lions arch but I can’t go the a higher zone place… I never lag on mmo’s but this is driving me nuts. Spent hours of my sunday, only day I can play, trying to fix this…

Godkitten

Posted by: Alpharius.7436

Alpharius.7436

Great…

You guys had it fixed for me via the previous patch… Played essentially continuously the past two days (mostly in Eternal Battlegrounds) with not a single disconnect.

After yesterday’s patch, however, it is once again unplayable and disconnects me with this error every minute or less.

MorenoMdz.7943

Maybe it is because it is sunday and EVERYONE is online and the servers are not handling it? It is weird tho that my friend that lives really close to me and uses exact the same ISP, router and similar pc never dcs…

Posted by: OrangeCrane.5839

OrangeCrane.5839

Well you can add me to the Error 7 list. I’ve been playing for almost 2 weeks with no disconnection problems at all. Then for the last 2-3 days I’d disconnect every once in a while. Now I can’t stay on for 2 minutes before getting kicked out. Support page is no help. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

Maybe it is because it is sunday and EVERYONE is online and the servers are not handling it? It is weird tho that my friend that lives really close to me and uses exact the same ISP, router and similar pc never dcs…

It’s been going on for a week or so.

MorenoMdz.7943

Just took a waypoint to a different map, stood there for about an hour and did not dc…

Then I ported back to Brisban Wildland, and you know what? DC again… GOSH

Posted by: djaswal.4206

djaswal.4206

I can do a lot of PvE stuff with only 1/2 disconnects every few hours. As soon as I queue up for GvG or get in a party with my friend, disconnect every 5 minutes.

Posted by: MohawkYeah.2178

MohawkYeah.2178

Every time I transfer to a new map(If it doesn’t give me error 7 as I log in) I get disconnected. :S What’s going on?

Posted by: Comanche.1758

Comanche.1758

Port Forward solved this problem 100% for me. Just place the Ports (80, 443, 6112 and port 6600) for both “inbound” and “outbound” on your Router.

Posted by: djaswal.4206

djaswal.4206

Also, My friend suggested turning off uTorrent in background solved it for him, I am going to try this and see if it helps.

Posted by: Bryant Floyd.2160

Bryant Floyd.2160

I am getting this error code too. please help.

Attachments:

Posted by: Goon.9628

Goon.9628

This is a new error for me. I’ve been playing off and on since the 3 day pre-launch and have had no significant disconnects (other than the huge one on the first day). It was worse when moving from Overflow, but then started happening in the Overflow area as well (but much less often).

Posted by: Dutchbunny.3146

Dutchbunny.3146

Having the same errors described about. I’ve opened the ports and run the tests recommended. Still getting the same error (which stinks because I can never do PVP or W2W because of this. ) PLEASE ASSIST!

Posted by: Sabrus the Younger.7543

Sabrus the Younger.7543

I don’t want to sound as if I am exaggerating but I never had disconnect issues in GW2 in the past. Starting a few days ago I’ve had about 20 per day. I’ve tried changing routers (netgear → edimax) and opening the ports and I still experience Error 7 very often.

Posted by: stormstrike.9147

stormstrike.9147

I kept getting the error 7 message and had a ticket that didn’t solve the issue but I figured out what caused it.

Support told me to try connecting while directly connected to my modem and not use the router. I was able to play without error 7 that way. So they told me to disable my firewall and security to play. Basically, open myself up to hacked just to play this game. Nevermind all other games worked without having to do this including GW1.

So I tried another router I had laying around and again played without a problem. Only thing is that router had other problems which is why it was laying around and replaced.

Reconnected my newer router and error 7 every few minutes again.

I went into that router config and cloned the MAC address of my computer to it so it would grab a new IP. Suddenly the router I used that got constant error 7’s no longer got error 7’s.

This may not work for everyone but might help some. Clone your MAC address or whatever you need to do to get another IP from your ISP. And see if that makes your error 7’s woes vanish like it did me.

Posted by: Multani.4306

Multani.4306

same issue here 2 days without playing because of this error

Posted by: Motorbreath.7835

Motorbreath.7835

The situation with this problem and the silence of Anet is getting plain stupid. I tried to reinstall game, error 7 again. I’m really really really disappointed with this guys.

Posted by: sworden.8124

sworden.8124

AND 1 week later, still no fix. Thanks for screwing us over, payed $60 for an unplayable game.

Wanted to WvW? Lol nope, enjoy queing for 1hour only to get dced within 2 seconds of joining.
Wanted to sPvP? Lol nope, enjoy constant disconnects and lag.
Wanted to keep up with your friends? Lol nope, GL doing that dungeon with constant disconnects, missing out on chest and having to tp back 24/7. Even though they payed the same amount they get to enjoy a stress free experience. Getting ahead in levels, doing dungeons, farming while you’re stuck in this hole.

Incompetent.

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

I agree an update from the support team would be nice, even just to say “Hey, we didnt forget about you and we are working on it.”

Posted by: Alientongue.3045

Alientongue.3045

When i first got this game it was working just fine but the past 2 days ive been getting this error quite frequently, When i start to disconnect i minimize and load a website to see if its my internet but any website still loads just fine which leads me to believe its not my side that is having trouble connecting

Motorbreath.7835

I agree an update from the support team would be nice, even just to say “Hey, we didnt forget about you and we are working on it.”

THIS is what I mean. Man, I feel like a plain sh.it, as if they don’t care about us… only priorize about hacked accounts and that stuff, but us who can’t really “play” neither, what? They don’t answer tickets, they only wrote a post here asking us to put some info, and then bye bye and good luck.

Is quite a shame for a company like this… I even feel bad for keeping on playing this game after seeing how are they treatening us, sincerely.

Sorry for my English…

Posted by: deadbear.7943

deadbear.7943

I’ve been playing this game since the release with no problems. Then a few days ago I have also started getting error 7:11:3:189:101. I will get this 5-10 seconds after loging in. Though yesterday I was lucky and got to play for a few hours and was so excited it was fixed then yesterday evening I logged back in to play more and Bam back to error 7! I’ve spent hours trying to find out what is wrong with my computer. I’ve done my updates, opened ports, made exceptions in firewall.

Posted by: Jenksie.3409

Jenksie.3409

I’m in the process of moving house and so im using mobile broadband until i have my fixed line installed. With my mobile broadband i cant forward ports and so i cant play GW2. Strange thing is it did let me on the first time i tried, but now i get disconnects immediately after selecting a character

Posted by: GrekinKatelo.9086

GrekinKatelo.9086

This game has been unplayable for days and have done all the suggestions in this thread and others and still disconnect every 2 mins!!!!

Posted by: Pon.7560

Pon.7560

I’ve had this problem for some days now… it all worked in the beginning… but well not anymore… if I’m lucky I can be in the game for 5 min then it just spits me out. overflow or not it just keeps on doing it. I cant play the game what so ever!
I hope they fix it soon or this will be one of the biggest misstakes made in game development history, this game is unplayable. so I really hope for Anets sake that they fix this issue very soon… and it better happen fast.

Posted by: orion.6548

orion.6548

Can we get an update on what’s going on? i’ve reinstalled and opened ports and this is still happening.

Posted by: Booze.7381

Booze.7381

I’ve lost count of all the times I’ve lost out on an event or died because of this. I can’t see myself doing any pvp or instances as long as this problem persists. If it works for a day I’ll bekittenif anet doesn’t do some mainteanance or add some mini patch that breaks it again.
I’d really like an update on this and not one that tell me to forward ports or turn off my antivirus because it didn’t work the first time and It won’t the next.

Posted by: Mathala.5678

Mathala.5678

I honestly don’t understand this. Is Anet purposely ignoring this issue or something? I’ve had it since the first day of headstart and it got progressively worse until I could not play at all (roughly a week after headstart). I was getting really fed up with it and sent in a ticket two days into headstart and have yet to get a legitimate response. Every time I update my ticket I just get the same automated response that has nothing to do with the issue every 3 days or so. I’m really close to just asking for a refund so I can just forget about this.

Motorbreath.7835

I’ve just sent a PM to an Anet ¿moderator? in forums. Let’s see if they read this or they keep on treating us as idiots.

Posted by: GGTeMpLaR.4527

GGTeMpLaR.4527

I have been getting this starting the past few days as well (extremely common during large events and certain bossfights in dungeons).

Now it’s at the point where I get d/ced within 5-10 mins of logging in and then constantly d/ced after that so the game is unplayable.

Posted by: Euriel.9257

Euriel.9257

For the love …. I’m in the same boat. Bought the game last week, have had off and on game time. I log in – if I am lucky – I will get a few minutes of game time before D/C and then its every 30 sec to a min before the next D/C. Adding my voice to the masses …. where is the fix??

Posted by: orion.6548

orion.6548

Nothing like doing your story and getting disconnected after half is done and having to start over.It’s been days since we got a reply seems we may have to contact someone else to get answers.play 2mins dc play 10mins dc did the port opening and still.maybe reply and let use know exactly how to do it?maybe some of us is doing it wrong?