error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Simon De Borovsk.7460

Simon De Borovsk.7460

7:11:3:189:101 so many times for me since friday night!
GW2 was running great and flawlessly until two days ago, since the betas!
if its not this error then its impossible lag. its impossible to play.
many times wont even pass the town/map log-in screen
nothing in my settings had changed. its not an ISP issue.
its only huge and long lag spikes/Packet loss only in GW2 and on some parts of GW.

Posted by: grimmyboy.7942

grimmyboy.7942

7:11:3:189:101 at 7pm till later at night is when i get this problem and i can say it only started after this last patch never happend before even in beta , and how can it be my isp if my wife is playing gw2 at the same time and hers has no problems at all answer that one anet ?

Posted by: grimmyboy.7942

grimmyboy.7942

would also like to add the patch before this last one stopped my friend from playing all together after the new patch came it let him play again but messed mine up so you cannot say these patches are not effecting connections they must be

Posted by: DoctorHurt.8640

DoctorHurt.8640

I have been getting disconnected with this exact error at least once every 30 mins, sometimes more ever since the latest patch came out. I can always immediately re-connect without issue. Absolutely nothing has changed on my computer/network/firewall/router/etc other then installing the latest patch.

The really frustrating thing is that getting disconnected in the middle of a personal story quest forces you to restart the quest from the beginning. I was forced to restart one of mine 3 times last night due to disconnects.
The funny thing is my wife never gets disconnected and shes sitting right next to me on the same network using the same firewall/router/etc so it’s very unlikely the issue is being caused by something on our end.

Based on my 15 years of experience as a network engineer for a Internet colocation/hosting company, I would guess they have a firewall/load balancer/IPS/etc that is dropping or aging out these TCP connections from its session table and causing the disconnects. We can always immediately reconnect since the re-connect creates a brand new TCP session in the firewall/loadbalancer session table. Again, its just a guess, but seems similar to things I’ve seen myself working in the industry.

Posted by: aphotic.3827

aphotic.3827

I’ve upgraded from a modem and a router to a single combined unit and this has fixed any disconnection errors I previously had.

Posted by: jomz.6401

jomz.6401

I haven’t logged in since this most recent patch went out. I’m now getting this error on the loading screen every time I try to play. I never get past the loading screen.

I’ve also never had this issue until today. I have performed all of the suggestions (checking ports, firewall/antivirus, etc) given earlier in this thread by the ArenaNet fellows with no joy.

Thanks for looking into this, ANet =P

EDIT: Annnnd…it fixed itself. For now. Will update if it returns.

(edited by jomz.6401)

Posted by: Syndi.9678

Syndi.9678

I just got this error (code = 7:11:3:189:101) now with my main character who was trying to zone into Dredgehaunt Cliffs. I can load in lower level alts without a problem. My husband is playing his character in that zone right beside me.

Posted by: eschlon.3842

eschlon.3842

Having the same error as the other 15 pages of people, had no issues before the last patch.

It also only affects me in certain zones (Lion’s Arch occasionally, Straits of Devastation every 5-10 min).

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

just adding to my share here. been on since 3 day headstart and all good until about a week or so ago when i kept getting disconnects.

- i play from Hong Kong
- US server – Sanctum of Rall
- usually on around anytime between 8am – 10am EST, sometimes until 1, 2pm
- wife plays through same router

- have checked our settings and nothing diff but she never gets the network DC, is it saafe to assume it’s my laptop then?

- have tried most of the solutions offered on here, redownloaded the giant file and was a bit better went through one night without DC. and then another night with only one, but it’s still there

this is particularly frustrating when in a huge event (dragon) and you get DC, and miss the loot and most of the fight. they’re so fun!!! or personal story where you have to redo everything, OR in WvWvW. i keep takig someone’s spot who’s more useful than i am cause i CAN just get DC-ed whenever, runnin dungeon for the first time got DC-ed twice. i don’t like letting my teammates down, even if they’re strangers…

hope this gets looked into. and that ANet’s official response on this thread won’t be the last one, nor a “you’re on your own, fellas”.

appreciate all the solutions so far! will be sticking by this game so hope it gets figured out. at least, to be able to identify what the problem is and tackle from there.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: domslot.3810

domslot.3810

Thought I would share some success.

Been plagued by this error since the outset, intermittent DCs, sometimes get an hour play, sometimes cannot log in at all.

I haven’t had an error 7 for about a week now. 2 solutions worked for me. I cannot claim to understand why these work – but they seem to have done so far.

First – I moved the wireless USB adapter I was using from the back of the PC to a slot at the front. No more error 7s.

So then I bought a new USB wireless adapter and plugged it into the back again – still no error 7s.

And yes – if I plug my old adapter into the back, error 7s reappear.

I am wondering if it is something maybe to do with USB 1 and 2 – and perhaps my wifi adapter was generating some sort of conflict? Dunno.

Either way – I am happy – and the issue seems to have been resolved. Try it – might work for you too?

D

Posted by: barmaglot.7061

barmaglot.7061

Ppl try to advance yours isp povider and ask if they can give u some kind of dialup software that recognise you as true user of this connection – its like u power up pc and there is another program u need 2 active for internet access – worked in my case tho i as well got good no laggs connection before last patch.

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

I’m currently at an extended stay hotel for a while and have no control over the wireless. Nothing has changed, everything worked fine since launch until, yesterday. I have no idea why but now I can’t play the game for more than 5 minutes before I get kicked.

Granted I am playing on a different internet access than usual and I had to confirm in my e-mail to allow my account to play here. Still, checked the firewall, nothing. There’s no Norton on this computer, just Microsoft Security Essentials. Tried restarting as well, didn’t work. The front desk says there is currently absolutely nothing wrong with the wireless, apparently I’m the only one having this issue.

Running on Windows 7. This is my husband’s computer so usually he plays on it but he’s been getting the same issues too on his account so I doubt it’s because I’m logging into a different location.

I did try as many of the suggestions as I could (can’t do anything with the router or wireless) and nothing’s worked. If anyone has any more suggestions that’d be wonderful. Also I really hope that AreaNet sees this and responds. From most of the comments it does seem like it is an issue on their end but even if it is not maybe they can do something about it regardless.

Oh yeah, also I play from the US.

(edited by Disig.7169)

Posted by: Dipo.1650

Dipo.1650

Got this error since the latest patch frequently. Often at the end of an event, as if the calculation of all the xp/karma etc is too much.
Location The netherlands.
It is getting that bad that I can’t play the game properly. This is sad.

Errors occur on both Mac and Windows.

There is no issue what so ever with my provider. I checked. Got a new modem/router and cables just to be sure.

I have no problems in dl or uploading files (non gaming environment)

Posted by: Cthulhuslawyer.8491

Cthulhuslawyer.8491

I don’t know what to do here, after the last patch this error pops up every minute or two. Im quitting on the game until its fixed since i cant even walk more than a few feet before i get disconnected. I’ve tried everything on my side but I have no problems with my other games or systems.

Posted by: FuliginSwan.9842

FuliginSwan.9842

I have also been having infrequent error 7 messages since beginning to play. However, the instances of this occuring have increased dramatically over the last couple days, and I have not made any changes to my hardware or the way I am playing; just wanted to put my 2 cents in that this is a problem for another player as well.

Posted by: Cthulhuslawyer.8491

Cthulhuslawyer.8491

As soon as I grouped up to start an instance the kitten error code 7:11:3:189:101 killed my game. This was just a minute ago , after the new ninja patch

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

Yeah the patch broke my game too. Awesome. I went about 2-3 weeks without error 7 and now after this patch I’m crashing every 5 mins.

Posted by: texhnolyze.6425

texhnolyze.6425

prior to this new patch, my game crashes before the login screen
never happened before

Simon De Borovsk.7460

7:11:3:189:101 in israel is due to packet loss on many of the routing servers in North America to Europe. the new patch didnt change much. though it felt better for the few first minutes. but then the lag returned and the eventual connection lost error.

Posted by: kerrigan.8042

kerrigan.8042

well 1.10 patch didnt help at all , still massive lagg and DC with error 7 . .

Simon De Borovsk.7460

Israel
ISP: Bezeqint
pingplotter image to Gate of Madness Server

Pinging to 64.25.38.192 with 32 bytes of data
Request timed out
Request timed out
Request timed out
Request timed out

Ping statistics for 64.28.38.192
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Firetongue.6038

Firetongue.6038

This is a joke had this problem now for 2 weeks i wos able 2 play 3days no lag/DC no error code 7 . i wos thinking problem wos gon but now new patch thismorning and BooM its back again with revenge ERROR CODE 7 Anet Fix this plz this is not down 2 us ?

Simon De Borovsk.7460

pinging to 64.25.38.192 with 32 bytes of data
Request timed out
Request timed out
Request timed out
Request timed out

Ping statistics for 64.28.38.192
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Pings to all other destinations are fine and normal
ISP says it is not blocked by them
Router double checked – status fine. no port blocking. firewall off.

i remind that the game worked fine since pre release until friday 28.9.2012
nothing on my system or other computers changed.

if Arenanet/Ncsoft or whoever runs the servers insists it is ISP problem, please contact the specific ISP’s and tell them what and how to unblock. if its not ISP problem, stop sending people in circles to ISPs that send us back to you. this is ridiculous!

(edited by Simon De Borovsk.7460)

Posted by: FritzIthyliri.9581

FritzIthyliri.9581

Same problem here. Had a few problems about a month ago or so but they cleared up. Now since the Oct 1 patch i can not get past char select. Login, pick a toon, start to load and bam 7:11 ect. tried all the work arounds and nothing. And after reading this thread i know its not my fault. Too many others are having the same issues.

Posted by: TIIMMYY.1029

TIIMMYY.1029

This keeps happening within 10 seconds of play.

Posted by: Peter Lake.9735

Peter Lake.9735

Well, it seems the 10/1 update has solved this error for me. I’ll keep you posted if it comes back.

Posted by: Kateish.2976

Kateish.2976

I’m also getting this every few minutes since the latest patch, I have been playing fine since launch with no issues at all. Though I’m not entirely sure what the latest patch could have done give me this problem…

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

Okay this issue has returned for me since the latest patch. I’d like to point out that i can and do play many other games online with no trouble at all, i do not understand why this only happens with Guild Wars 2. My internet speed isn’t the greatest, but surely it is good enough.

I mean, if i ring up my isp what will i say? that my internet runs fine, my online games are lag free, but there is this one game that i keep timing out on… they will just tell me to contact the games support guys.

Ping Test: says 0% packet loss…
[IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/70219955.png[/IMG][/URL]

Speed Test:
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2217407581.png[/IMG][/URL]

Posted by: Dipo.1650

Dipo.1650

It seems it works for me. No crash or lag at all.

Quote from update news.
UPDATE:
General
We published a second build to fix a bug causing a client crash.

Posted by: TIIMMYY.1029

TIIMMYY.1029

Seems to only happen in dredgehaunt cliffs or lions arch.

Posted by: namdville.7618

namdville.7618

Ever since the patch on October 1, 2012, I have not been able to play the game without getting this error code within a half a minute of game play with a character. I have gone through the support and “allowed” the game through my firewall, router, and given it all internet access and still I lose connection. I never had this problem before the patch, is there any further help out there please? I really enjoy this game and would hate to lose the ability to play it due to an update. Thank you for your time and advise.

Posted by: NvN.4321

NvN.4321

Welcome to the club mate. There is a thread with 700++ replies with people having the same issue. The worst thing is no one has any idea why it happens. There are many “solutions” some of which are reported to work for some people. According to anet it’s on our end and we should contact ISP , which again is kinda silly considering we have to say " everything is working fine xcept one piece of software which makes whole connection go down"
In future you will notice that this sometimes resolves itself (again no one has idea why). You can expect this disconnects after every patch.
I currently can’t play for more that 10 seconds before error 7 (what really happens is that whole net connection goes down and it reconnects itself after few minutes and so on, and so on)

Krosis Hellfire

Posted by: MoosieOfDoom.4926

MoosieOfDoom.4926

This might go a little far in fixing int… but maybe you can use a page filter (wireshark) to see what happens. Maybe your modem/router has a protection checked “on” that blocks certain kinds of traffic behavior?

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere. But i coudnt find the 700++ threat…

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

This is the error code I am receiving after the game times out as well, which is happening all the time since the maintenance earlier today. Whatever was done, it completely broke the game for me (and I must imagine others). It’s pretty much unplayable like this, as it’ll happen in the Personal Story on my alts, and everything resets. In PvE it always happens in combat, so that gets me killed. In PvP.. you get the picture. It’s simply frustrating.

You did maintenance to fix something I would imagine, ArenaNet—but this maintenance royally “kitten’d” me over. You “ruined” the game (for me), as just an hour before this, everything was completely fine, as it had been since launch.

• ISP: NextGenTel (uses Telenor lines)
  • Firewall: None
  • Antivirus: None
  • UAC: Disabled
  • Parental Control: Off
  • Other MMO’s: No issue

It’s obvious enough that this is not related to my hardware or ISP. This occured right after you did a maintenance today, and just prior to this, everything were fine—this problem is obviously on your end and whatever you did during that maintenance, I would suggest looking into reverting/altering.
____

PS: If anyones worried about me getting trojans/virii and that affecting my gaming, don’t worry, the gaming rig is never used to connect to various websites, nor do I download and install illegal “warez”. Also, my apologies if I am coming off as rude—I’m simply finding this situation very frustrating, as I do tend to enjoy the game quite a bit.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: GrannyPwnage.3465

GrannyPwnage.3465

I’ve played since the head start without any errors, until today. This error has popped up all day, disconnecting me from the game. Regardless of where I go. I’ve done some of the fixes mentioned in the other thread, but the error still continues.

Posted by: Paprikaya.3260

Paprikaya.3260

I have been experiencing something similar more and more on the ones of my characters positioned in Lion’s Arch.

The problems I am experiencing is that I seem to end up on a “ghost” overflow, where I am unable to interact with anything and where sometimes the NPCs and other players are missing. When that happens I can run around for about 5 to 10 minutes, and if I am in a party I will be able to see my party members, but nobody else. After the mentioned time period I will then get kicked out with the error code 7:11:3:189:101.

My husband is playing the game as well, we play on identical setups and he has experienced none of the above mentioned problems.

I have a couple of interesting screenshots from both our machines. The ones from mine shows my character is in LA with my husbands character visible as the only other player. The screenshot taken from his machine at the same time, clearly shows that there are lots of other players (and NPCs) around us.

If anyone from ArenaNet are interested in those screenshots please contact me.

Posted by: Malex.2748

Malex.2748

I almost only get this error code when exiting a Story instance. But then, I get it almost every time. Doesn’t matter which character or instance. Leave instance – bam! – Code 7.

Other zoning works, at least I don’t get 7’s there.
Tell me that it’s my ISP that’s at fault here…

Posted by: Sarnind.4053

Sarnind.4053

this is the worst mass pvp game that I’ve tried, lag everyday, pve and WvW and continuous crash after 15-sec 1m lag spike. My connection is good, I live in Switzerland, I have no problem with other mmo. This game is a beta, your have stolen our money anet

Posted by: Domestos.1598

Domestos.1598

Not sure if this may be relevant but only one other game has caused me to have bouts of DC’s like these…LineageII

Another NCSoft hosted game, coincidence?

Avoiding reality is now virtually possible

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

Since yesterday I’ve been getting this issue. Earlier today I was able to play just fine, with the occasional spike, now I can’t play at all without getting a spike then a disconnect with error 7:11:3:189:101.

I am on Maguuma, in the midwest of america.

Posted by: Topsilog.1824

Topsilog.1824

i think it’ll never be fixed

Posted by: Lollipop Scientist.3692

Lollipop Scientist.3692

This is stupid, I haven’t played GW2 for a month now, I come back and this still hasn’t been fixed. This isn’t something on the ISP end, it is on Arena.net’s end. All the solutions so far haven’t worked (for me anyway).

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

We have the same problem as JohnnySupernova, we’ve been having pretty annoying lag spikes and freeze lags for two days now, we’ve been geting dissconected ramdomly as well (constant error=7). We’ve checked the ISP, we’ve done all proceedings to get this fixed on our part, but it seems is not us the problem.

Posted by: Breakingdawn.5628

Breakingdawn.5628

ok this is totally whacked and wrong and making me wanna hurt somebody. i been getting dc and modem resets connection failures since 2 weeks ago. what is gw2 doing to my internet?? its breaking everything. I had my ISP give me a brand new modem/router, I had them change my wires that come down from the pole because the tech who came understanded my frustration playing a game and getting discconected everyone few minutes or hours randomly. Maybe anet is just patching too much stuff stealthly and they need to tell the many ISP out there if its compatible with the ISP servers!!? i dont know, but im losing my mind here!!!! fix this crisis, yes crisis. I am having another TECH visit this coming tues to further check my land lines and everything AGAIN!!

Posted by: Bladetrick.3849

Bladetrick.3849

Adding my name to the list.

I have disconncted twice since signing into the forums to post this.

I’ve had this problem for well over a month now. My ISP has sent out techs 3 different times AND a quality assurance guy. They’ve replaced my modem, changed out everything from the ground block in and have checked out the tap. Everything is fine with my internet; however, i STILL get disconnected from GW2 every 2-5 minutes with the error 7 code. None of the fixes suggested on the forum have done anything to address the problem.

The game is excellent and by far the best MMO i’ve played (and i’ve played them all since UO and EQ). I dropped over 100 dollars for this game and 3 extra slots and I feel completely ripped off. What’s more disheartening is the low number of dev responses to the issue even after 15 pages of complaints and this thread being at the top of the first page since the beginning.

I’d much rather prefer ArenaNet telling me that they have no clue how to fix their problem but they’re still trying on a daily basis than the occasional “we’re still looking into it”.

I have now been disconnected 4 times at the end of this post.

Fix this. Now.

Posted by: Kootz.3479

Kootz.3479

i made a post about quitting im tired of waiting for a fix.. i pay 105 dollars a month for net and around 400 total for gw2 and for that price i get an unsolvable problem…
my biggest problem is that now that i have had the dc’s in gw2.. my net seems to dc whenever it feels like it now.. gw2 or not..but loading up gw2 and playing for more than 10 minutes without the error is impossible now.. its always a code 7 then if you wait around a code 3032. My net errors even force my routers internet light go go off and adsl lights to blink for about 20 seconds… BEST GAME OF 2012/MOST UNPLAYABLE GAME OF 2012

Simon De Borovsk.7460

10/4 update solved the problem for me.

(edited by Simon De Borovsk.7460)

Posted by: Trillidar.6739

Trillidar.6739

I’ve been playing for more than a month without problems, and I started getting this error last night shortly after wvw reset. At most I can go 30 minutes without getting disconnected, and I’ve yet to go long enough without the error to actually get through the wvw queue. It’s really annoying and I don’t know what to do.

Posted by: Bartamus.1037

Bartamus.1037

My Update to this Error 7:

My wife and i have been playing since the betas. My wife has had error 7 issues for the past 3 days while my computer has had no issues. I have tried every fix for antivirus and opening ports with nothing working. Finally i disabled her wireless adapter and hard wired it to the router.
Problem fixed! no more Error 7. Not sure what the last update did to the game but it didnt like her wireless adapter.

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Still instantly disconnected every time I login.