error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Stan Heger.5084

Stan Heger.5084

I’m having this issue for days, It is more frequent inside cities, especially when I’m not in the overflow, I got a lot of this error in the human and in the silvari cities, I log in start the game and then get kicked after less than 5 minutes.

Right now I’m almost giving up on trying to play today, I’m getting kicked after less than 15 seconds

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: MohawkYeah.2178

MohawkYeah.2178

Is it strange that I haven’t gotten this error once today? The days before it was nearly every hour, if I were lucky….oh, what a day.

Btw, congrats on the trailer Anet.

Posted by: Xenile.3165

Xenile.3165

I got this error after Sunday’s build. I had a constant connection before Sunday’s build then all of a sudden I couldn’t last 5 mins. in game. Extremely annoying.

Posted by: Rethelle.8791

Rethelle.8791

I’m new to the GW2 forums, so I’m not sure if this is the right place or not.

I had no trouble playing WoW for about an hour this morning. Then I started playing GW2, because it’s a beautiful game that I’m really enjoying. However, at about 12:30pm EST I got kicked from the game and my Internet went completely down.

I live out in the country and it turns out our ISP was putting up a new, closer relay transmitter that was supposed to give us more stable service. Once they got it all sorted out we were supposed to be fine. That was finally “resolved” around 4:30pm EST.

Our Internet came back up and I was finally able to log into the game…for about 5 minutes. I’ve been getting constantly disconnected for the last six hours. Sometimes I can go 10 or 15 minutes before it happens, and sometimes I can’t even log in before it happens.

The game freezes up on me and I get kicked to the character select screen. Sometimes I’m able to log back in, only to get immediately kicked to the character select screen, then to get kicked from the client entirely. Every time this happens it kills my Internet completely. No Gmail, no YouTube, no email, nothing.

The issue usually resolves itself within 30 seconds to a minute, but it’s been a vicious cycle. It’s even more irritating because now my Internet will go down when I’m not even in the game.

In case it helps:

ISP: Internet Kent
Server: Tarnished Coast [US]

I love this game, but I’m on the verge of seeing if I can get my money back. I know the game is new, but there’s no reason it should literally unplayable for so many people.

Posted by: Lryuk.4685

Lryuk.4685

Yeah same story here so here’s a bump hoping it helps :/

Posted by: Asaroki.6175

Asaroki.6175

I’m dealing with the same issues myself, so I’ll put in my two cents.

It happens every time I trigger a loading screen. I.E. changing areas, trying to start an instance, or anything that makes the game reload something. 9 times out of 10 I can’t even get into the game though. I can choose my character and click play, and immediately get the error in the thread title.

All of my friends playing on campus have no issues whatsoever, and they’re all in guilds and doing endgame stuff. It’s pretty frustrating when I can’t even leave the starting area.

I’m going to be patient for a while longer, as I know the team is hard at work and are doing very well dealing with the issues that come with any large launch. I would however like to enjoy this game like I know I will when I get to finally play.

Posted by: Vector.6105

Vector.6105

I have been getting this problem as well. It’s only happened over the last couple of days. It happens anywhere (in cities, wvw, solo missions, etc), and sometimes I lag for 10 or 20 seconds and then it either speeds up or I get the error.

Nothing is wrong with my router, anti-virus software, or internet connection. Everything else works fine. Pretty frustrating considering I’ve bought a fair amount of gems and spent a fair amount of time on my character. Game is basically unplayable at this point and nothing seems to make it better :/

I asked people in map chat (when I could stay on long enough) if they have experienced it. A few said yes. We discussed it and people think it’s due to an overflow of people connecting to the game? Who knows. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Posted by: Aringar.8752

Aringar.8752

Same problem here. Didn’t happen at first but for the last several days its unplayable.Tried all the crap they suggested but nothing fixed it.

Posted by: heelz.1074

heelz.1074

find a way get wtfast or battleping acc you can get battleping for 7days free it’s redirect your ip and it’s working fine i’m using it free the time its getting fixed

Posted by: Thrombus.1796

Thrombus.1796

I’ve been putting up with this a lot lately too. I’ve tried ArenaNet’s suggestions. I’ve even made sure my drivers are updated, that my connection is working, and that my firewall is accepting the game. Actually after I adjusted my firewall according to their suggestion, how weird is it that my error code 7 problem got worse! It seems that way.

I really do enjoy this game, but error code 7 is making it unplayable. It’s very frustrating. It’s gotten to the point where the error begins right after I log on!

Please do something ArenaNet. I’ve tried everything on my end. I don’t like the notion that my time and money were wasted.

Posted by: aqouli.7256

aqouli.7256

I encountered this problem for the first time today. While in the process of zoning from Heart of the Mists over to Lion’s Arch, I was disconnected from the client, and now when I attempt to log into that character, the loading screen flips from Heart of the Mists, then Lion’s Arch, then back to Heart of the Mists again, before prompting the Error 7 message.

I am also using a USB modem to connect to the Internet, like many others in this thread, but it hasn’t given me issues before. My alts are able to log in just fine, and use Asura portals without a problem.

I’ve run the diagnostics, and attach the logs below. Hope this helps!

Posted by: Bez.4105

Bez.4105

I’m getting disconnected constantly. The game in unplayable.

Posted by: Inferndragon.2807

Inferndragon.2807

I get the error 7.11 alot… Just that for me I disconnect in certain zones during certain times of the day… Usually about mid-day (GMT)… The only way I solve the problem is by exiting to desktop and reloading GW2… Not sure what the problem is though…

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Also having the same problem.

All ports open. Problem unaffected by whether firewalls are on / off.

Problem was there in the beta weekends. Got worse during some of the stress tests. I ticketed it then and complained about it (like many others) in the forums. Apparently this was ignored.

• NOTE * Disconnects only occur when server load is high. When there aren’t many players on this doesn’t happen.

Looking at the traceroute from gameadvisor, the problem seems to be on the anet end. The trace makes it all the way to 64.25.32.82 where it reports the destination as unreachable. That IP belongs to you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

Didn’t get the error at all yesterday till 9pm est. Then it was every 15 min. Made WvW impossible.

Posted by: Alpharius.7436

Alpharius.7436

Still no update or new patch? Game’s been utterly unplayable since Sunday’s patch because of this…

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in posting in this thread. I assure you we are still looking into this issue.

Can those of you who are still getting error 7 let me know what country you are playing from please.

Posted by: zipstacrack.7928

zipstacrack.7928

Playing from New Zealand. (well, still haven’t been able to ever play yet but yeah.)
In University. Thanks for the reply to let us know you’re looking in on it

(edited by zipstacrack.7928)

Posted by: Wit.7389

Wit.7389

United States.

I recognized this issue starting the weekend of September 1-2. Connectivity was fine all Friday night and until early evening Saturday (6:00 PM or so Central). The game was unplayable due to frequent lagging and disconnects Saturday night, and again on Sunday evening. I was able to play for several hours without problem during the late morning and early afternoon on Sunday.

I experienced no problems during the week of September 4-7. Connectivity and game stability were fine morning, afternoon, and evening/night until late afternoon Saturday, Sept. 8. Then again the error 7s started in again. Sunday daytime was playable. Sunday night the 7s again. Now this week I am finding the issue ever more frequent. Yesterday during the mid-afternoon, and yesterday evening I gave up trying to play. This morning the game was playable until about 2 PM. I tried again just now, over the past hour. Significant lag sets in within seconds of entering the game world, then 5 disconnects, all error 7s, within 10 minutes.

(edited by Wit.7389)

Posted by: moitelyzah.4073

moitelyzah.4073

US here code 7 since launch day starting at 6:30 – 7:00 pm pacific till 11:00 pm ish
no problems during the day

Posted by: BeefSupreme.4352

BeefSupreme.4352

from United States

Posted by: Jag.5213

Jag.5213

from United States

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

@moitelyzah

Are you playing on an EU or NA server?

Vector.6105

I’m playing from the US.

As an observation, via EST this doesn’t seem to be a problem until about 8 pm. I think it has something to do with server load but you guys probably have a better idea.

Posted by: Maelzrael.8142

Maelzrael.8142

I have enabled all ports on both my netgear an my firewall as this thread instructs. i am still continueing to get 7 13 3 189 101 error code over an over again every 30 minutes or so with crazy lag just before it happens. i really hope you guys can help me cuz its been like a week since this started an its starting to suck. i have faith in you guys, hope a fix is implemented soon.

us servers.

Enlightening the minds of the youth.

Posted by: emeteo.2581

emeteo.2581

Here’s the -diag.

Attachments:

zipstacrack.7928

Oh yeah, forgot my game test thing.

Posted by: Alpharius.7436

Alpharius.7436

From Canada.

Problems start up after specific patches (or coincidentally, I suppose) making it unplayable (everywhere, all the time)… Sunday patch, for example did this…

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Canada NA server. My friend and I play together. She get’s service all the time. I don’t get it at her server. I know that after I login from her place and go back to mine it asks me to authenticate my location with “email verification” even though I’d already done that. The odd thing is, I authenticated at my house, went to hers and got the errors, went back to mine and it prompted me to authenticate. You would have thought it would ask me to authenticate at her house since I’d switched ISPs (teksavy vs. my rogers).

Anyway if I play at less popular locations, I last longer. If I play during off hours I last longer too. maybe 5 min instead of 1.

Posted by: Goon.9628

Goon.9628

From the United States (Louisiana, for specifics). I’ve been busy, so I haven’t tried playing, but I did try to log in and it took a while to get to the log in screen. A flash of a message was coming up saying something like “Error contacting log in server…” or some such. After a minute or so the actual log in screen appeared.

Posted by: Clytle.4378

Clytle.4378

Playing in US and on US server

Posted by: Sardoni.8361

Sardoni.8361

I am receiving the error message: “The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:189:101).”

I disabled my firewall and antivirus completely as advised by the faq. I set up port forwarding as advised in the faq. I am using a router which is unavoidable in my housing situation.

Generally speaking, my disconnects with this error only happen when partied with someone else. I party with people in Canada and New Zealand. I raise this point because in GW1 the client side communication was greater than server communication.

My disconnects have been happening with more intensity tonight. Before it was manageable (as well as can be managed arguably1)… now it’s just atrocious. I can’t even run a dungeon with 4 other people. During an Ascalon Catacombs Explore I d/c’d 7 times with this error message. During Citadel o Flames explore I d/c’d 11 times tonight.

Something happened in the last 24 hours to magnify and quantify my disconnect problem. I was sitting in party with 4 other people, all of us idle, I d/c’d three times waiting for everyone to arrive at Honor of Waves entrance. I left party letting them know my internet must be acting up so find another. As I’ve been tying this post I’m standing in the same spot I was in before. I have yet to disconnect once.

The root cause seems to be partying with people and my client recieving/sending data between the party members. I’ll leave the techno babble to you guys because I haven’t cracked a lesson from my CCNA studies in YEEEEAARRSSS but something isn’t working correctly.

Attaching my diag as requested. Not sure why I’m going through Frankfurt when I live in Mississippi. Gotta love Comcast cable internet. =/ No I do not use a proxy.

EDIT: The second I posted this message I got the error message again, solo, in no party. I throw my hands up in frustration. This never happened in BWE1, BWE2, or BWE3.

EDIT 2: US server and added LSP.txt attachment

(edited by Sardoni.8361)

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Those of you playing from the US, what servers are you playing on?

@Sardoni – Can I get your server name as well. Its odd that you would be going through Frankfurt and not Dallas.

Posted by: Taco.1572

Taco.1572

I’m playing on Tarnished Coast and I get this error whenever I either…
A. Try to leave the overflow server for the regular server.
B. Enter an instance for story quest “On the Mend”

I can never get onto the main server properly, but it loads just fine when it goes onto the overflow server.

Posted by: Wit.7389

Wit.7389

All characters are on Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Sardoni.8361

Sardoni.8361

@Sardoni – Can I get your server name as well. Its odd that you would be going through Frankfurt and not Dallas.

I’m currently on Henge of Denravi.

Addendum to above: I also tried switching to windows xp compatibility (using 7). Also running the client using “C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” /clientport 80 as advised earlier in the thread. Problem still persists.

(edited by Sardoni.8361)

Posted by: deadbear.7943

deadbear.7943

Have not had this problem since I have redownloaded windows 7. Had some kind of files corrupt.
Let me know if anyone tries this and it works for them to.

zipstacrack.7928

Can’t really afford an OS reinstall at this point in time.

My University denied opening ports for GW2 as “It’s not for educational purposes”.
Hundreds of students are raging.

Posted by: TheDevious.1508

TheDevious.1508

I’m from the US and play on Gate of Madness.

I’ve never gotten this error while playing in the BWEs or stress tests. A few days after the 3 day headstart, I would constantly get them.

Originally adding “/clientport 80” fixed the problem, but now I am getting error 7 again.

Also wanted to note that I am always getting error 7 while in the main server for PvE or WvW. To my knowledge, I have never gotten error 7 while in the “overflow” server.

Posted by: Maelzrael.8142

Maelzrael.8142

darkhaven server

Enlightening the minds of the youth.

Posted by: Branskins.9752

Branskins.9752

I got this while on Borlis Pass doing Ship on the Lines (something like that) personal story in Orr

Wrecking Krew [Krew] – Borlis Pass

Vector.6105

Playing on Yak’s Bend

zipstacrack.7928

So it miraculously worked for me just before.
Quit to go have dinner, came back, tried to zap back into queensdale and … same error.

Why all this false hope?

Posted by: Stan Heger.5084

Stan Heger.5084

From Brazil and I’m playing in a NA (north american) server : p

Posted by: Lryuk.4685

Lryuk.4685

I’m getting error 7 I’m in the US on Borlis Pass server

Posted by: Kangbu.3418

Kangbu.3418

Im playing from Alberta, Canada and NA servers in Henge of Denravi.

Mine just gets disconnected randomly, between 2 – 15 minutes. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing, doing quests, my story line or just going AFK. Usually happens around night time, I guess because there’s more people playing.

This is what I noticed, when gw2.exe is running, I get the disconnect problem. And this is NOT just getting DC in game, I lose connection to my home router thus, losing connection to the internet. I did a simple continuous ping test from my computer to my home router (which is my default gateway). And just so you guys know, my home network setup is very simple ; a wireless home router that is connected to the internet.

After around 2 hours of testing (1 hour yesterday and 1 hour today) as I had the same issues yesterday, this is what I noticed:

1. My pings to the router is 100% successful, when I’m NOT running GW2. I was also constantly checking my internet connection and it was working pretty good.
2. Okay now, I run the game, play for a couple minutes, then BOOM. I alt-tab right away to check my pings, then I saw that I can’t ping my router for some reason “Timed Out” or “Destination Unreachable”. Then when I alt-tab back in game, I’m already disconnected “Error 7”. I try checking internet connection using a browser, but its NOT working coz duh, I can’t ping the router.
3. Around 5-10 seconds after I exit my GW2, pings get through again, I check internet connection, and it works.
4. I try to run GW2 again, then same thing happens, over and over.
5. While I was doing this “test” on my gaming laptop, I was also trying to do a continuous ping test from my work laptop, just to see if my game laptop is the only one that gets disconnected. But a big NO. Everytime my game laptop loses connection, my work laptop loses connection to the router as well (pings dont go through). So what a bummer!

So now… hmmm…. for some reason, I dont know about the others, but for me, running GW2 seems to wreck the connection between all the computers in my house to the router. So maybe, GW2 is impacting the router for some reason.

Why dont you guys try doing a ping test and see if you lose connection to your router? Just to see if maybe I’m the only one having this issue.

:p

(edited by Kangbu.3418)

Posted by: Omedon.4230

Omedon.4230

Also disconnecting a lot, same issues.

I’m not willing to reconfigure antivirus/firewall/router/my end, as (with all due respect) I shouldn’t have to, GW2 has worked flawlessly until today, and no other games I own and play online require such “my end” troubleshooting, ever.

Glad I’m not alone… all the more reason there shouldn’t be so many “our end” fixes being suggested, for people working without issue before this started. Not trying to come off as a jerk, but the variable clearly isn’t the users.

I’m sure you guys will come up with a fix, (on your end) looking forward to being able to play again

Playing from Canada, Tarnished coast server.

(edited by Omedon.4230)

Posted by: Noro.7953

Noro.7953

I constantly get this error message it can very between 2 mins to sometimes 30mins
can be quite frustrating especially after you just tag a mob =(

I have tried all suggestions port forwarding for my router,called my ISP to make sure there was no connection issues from my house to the exchange,turned of Kasperksy and firewall, Set the clientport /80 short cut I don’t know what else I can do

I play in Australia on the Erradan terrace server i have other friends in Aus who I try to play with and they don’t seem to have an issue only the occasional drop out but nothing compared to what i get every night

Posted by: chloe.7482

chloe.7482

am receiving the error message: “The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:189:101).”
iam in New Zealand on the North American server, my world is Northern Shiverpeaks. I have been have this problem from the start. Have been able to get on to play and then will loss connect and then will not be able to get on again for a time.

Posted by: Hastarin.8742

Hastarin.8742

Whilst I’m not getting disconnected I am getting lag spikes that make things unplayable. I’ve seen traceroutes go via both Frankfurt (which are fine) and Dallas (which has huge packet loss).

I’m playing on Yak’s Bend from Australia.

Hopefully that helps you trace the issue. I’ve attached a WinMTR result via Dallas showing the packet loss.