error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Motorbreath.7835

Motorbreath.7835

From Spain with (no) love:

Baruch Bay server, error 7 every few minutes.

Posted by: liquescent.1862

liquescent.1862

Im playing from Alberta, Canada and NA servers in Henge of Denravi.

Mine just gets disconnected randomly, between 2 – 15 minutes. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing, doing quests, my story line or just going AFK. Usually happens around night time, I guess because there’s more people playing.

This is what I noticed, when gw2.exe is running, I get the disconnect problem. And this is NOT just getting DC in game, I lose connection to my home router thus, losing connection to the internet. I did a simple continuous ping test from my computer to my home router (which is my default gateway). And just so you guys know, my home network setup is very simple ; a wireless home router that is connected to the internet.

After around 2 hours of testing (1 hour yesterday and 1 hour today) as I had the same issues yesterday, this is what I noticed:

1. My pings to the router is 100% successful, when I’m NOT running GW2. I was also constantly checking my internet connection and it was working pretty good.
2. Okay now, I run the game, play for a couple minutes, then BOOM. I alt-tab right away to check my pings, then I saw that I can’t ping my router for some reason “Timed Out” or “Destination Unreachable”. Then when I alt-tab back in game, I’m already disconnected “Error 7”. I try checking internet connection using a browser, but its NOT working coz duh, I can’t ping the router.
3. Around 5-10 seconds after I exit my GW2, pings get through again, I check internet connection, and it works.
4. I try to run GW2 again, then same thing happens, over and over.
5. While I was doing this “test” on my gaming laptop, I was also trying to do a continuous ping test from my work laptop, just to see if my game laptop is the only one that gets disconnected. But a big NO. Everytime my game laptop loses connection, my work laptop loses connection to the router as well (pings dont go through). So what a bummer!

So now… hmmm…. for some reason, I dont know about the others, but for me, running GW2 seems to wreck the connection between all the computers in my house to the router. So maybe, GW2 is impacting the router for some reason.

Why dont you guys try doing a ping test and see if you lose connection to your router? Just to see if maybe I’m the only one having this issue.

:p

I did this last night and had the exact same results.
I play on Northern Shiverpeaks server.
GW2 is the only game that I have that does this.
I tried with Diablo 3, RIFT, and Vanguard with no issues at all.

Posted by: Vilnix.3108

Vilnix.3108

I’m from the UK and I’ve had these problems for a while now.
The game was working perfectly in the 3 days head start but after the launch on the 28th I’ve been having this error at completely random times.

(edited by Vilnix.3108)

Posted by: Steve.7926

Steve.7926

I’ve been playing for over a week without a single disconnect and now today, its giving me this error every 4-5 mins.

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

I’m new to the GW2 forums, so I’m not sure if this is the right place or not.

I had no trouble playing WoW for about an hour this morning. Then I started playing GW2, because it’s a beautiful game that I’m really enjoying. However, at about 12:30pm EST I got kicked from the game and my Internet went completely down.

I live out in the country and it turns out our ISP was putting up a new, closer relay transmitter that was supposed to give us more stable service. Once they got it all sorted out we were supposed to be fine. That was finally “resolved” around 4:30pm EST.

Our Internet came back up and I was finally able to log into the game…for about 5 minutes. I’ve been getting constantly disconnected for the last six hours. Sometimes I can go 10 or 15 minutes before it happens, and sometimes I can’t even log in before it happens.

The game freezes up on me and I get kicked to the character select screen. Sometimes I’m able to log back in, only to get immediately kicked to the character select screen, then to get kicked from the client entirely. Every time this happens it kills my Internet completely. No Gmail, no YouTube, no email, nothing.

The issue usually resolves itself within 30 seconds to a minute, but it’s been a vicious cycle. It’s even more irritating because now my Internet will go down when I’m not even in the game.

In case it helps:

ISP: Internet Kent
Server: Tarnished Coast [US]

I love this game, but I’m on the verge of seeing if I can get my money back. I know the game is new, but there’s no reason it should literally unplayable for so many people.

Bolded the important parts of your issue. The game in no way is causing your internet to disconnect when you aren’t even playing. Since you ARE having this happen it’s obvious to me the problem has something to do with your ISP’s changes. Call them and make sure they have all the ports open GW2 needs on the new hardware they installed. Also tell them what’s happening.

I suggest this because it sounds to me like all you need is for your ISP to get their issues resolved as yours didn’t start until they made changes.

Posted by: Resort.2789

Resort.2789

Getting this error almost every time 5 sec after i start moving my char, but then every once in a while i can play for an houer ore two. Also it takes me forever to get of loading screan when i try to log in. Im playing from Norway.

Posted by: Tadyene.7216

Tadyene.7216

Game is unplayable due to this issue which started last night. I am playing from the US, Ohio, Time Warner cable internet on Tarnished Coast server. Affecting two GW2 accounts on different computers in my household, no other game or internet connectivity issues.

Posted by: Kalvar.9125

Kalvar.9125

Just to make sure that Europe gets its fair representation on this issue as well.

I play on Seafarer’s Rest EU, and am frequently kicked to the character screen with an error code 7. Sometimes I am unable to stay on for more than 5 seconds. I will then have no problems logging back in, but then again, a maximum of 10 seconds will pass and I am back out staring at the character selection screen.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bez.4105

Bez.4105

Server: Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

Posted by: Fozzie.5641

Fozzie.5641

Another EU user here – already posted my log, just updating so say I’m from the UK and playing on Desolation server. Still getting this error on multiple PC’s.. Makes the game completely unplayable at times.

Posted by: Gibi.3257

Gibi.3257

Germany, abbadons mund!!

the whole day was fine but now i cant play
rly nice!!!

Posted by: Meepichi.2180

Meepichi.2180

I’ve been getting disconnected a lot myself and it’s really getting frustrating. Early morning it’s usually smooth sailing, but around 10am-3pm cst and sometimes in the evening as well it gets really laggy and I get disconnected frequently.

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

Attachments:

Posted by: Booze.7381

Booze.7381

Worked fine the whole day but now I’ve started getting disconnected again.

Server: Gandara

Posted by: aphotic.3827

aphotic.3827

I’m having the same problem, however if I connect my laptop directly to the modem, the issue disappears completely. I have opened the appropriate ports and tried all the other things listed on the thread.

I’m playing from Australia on the Shiverpeaks server.

Posted by: Visamon.4782

Visamon.4782

Im playing from Alberta, Canada and NA servers in Henge of Denravi.

Mine just gets disconnected randomly, between 2 – 15 minutes. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing, doing quests, my story line or just going AFK. Usually happens around night time, I guess because there’s more people playing.

This is what I noticed, when gw2.exe is running, I get the disconnect problem. And this is NOT just getting DC in game, I lose connection to my home router thus, losing connection to the internet. I did a simple continuous ping test from my computer to my home router (which is my default gateway). And just so you guys know, my home network setup is very simple ; a wireless home router that is connected to the internet.

After around 2 hours of testing (1 hour yesterday and 1 hour today) as I had the same issues yesterday, this is what I noticed:

1. My pings to the router is 100% successful, when I’m NOT running GW2. I was also constantly checking my internet connection and it was working pretty good.
2. Okay now, I run the game, play for a couple minutes, then BOOM. I alt-tab right away to check my pings, then I saw that I can’t ping my router for some reason “Timed Out” or “Destination Unreachable”. Then when I alt-tab back in game, I’m already disconnected “Error 7”. I try checking internet connection using a browser, but its NOT working coz duh, I can’t ping the router.
3. Around 5-10 seconds after I exit my GW2, pings get through again, I check internet connection, and it works.
4. I try to run GW2 again, then same thing happens, over and over.
5. While I was doing this “test” on my gaming laptop, I was also trying to do a continuous ping test from my work laptop, just to see if my game laptop is the only one that gets disconnected. But a big NO. Everytime my game laptop loses connection, my work laptop loses connection to the router as well (pings dont go through). So what a bummer!

So now… hmmm…. for some reason, I dont know about the others, but for me, running GW2 seems to wreck the connection between all the computers in my house to the router. So maybe, GW2 is impacting the router for some reason.

Why dont you guys try doing a ping test and see if you lose connection to your router? Just to see if maybe I’m the only one having this issue.

:p

same problem.
Im playing from Spain on Gandara server ( eu). I randomly get disconected, i alt tab to check if im connected to the router and im not. I close the game and recover the connection .

Posted by: zeroxdelta.3749

zeroxdelta.3749

Server: Darkhaven
Started to have the issue about 4 days ago but it was only when I went into my story that it would lag for a bit, then it would disconnect me and give me error 7. It has steadily gotten worse, right now I can’t log in for more than a few seconds before it starts to lag and then followed by a disconnect.
After I start to lag one of 3 things happens:
-I’ll disconnect a few seconds or even a minute or two later. I can walk around but can’t use skills and when I do log back in I’ll appear from where I received the error, not where it stopped responding. I have also logged back in to see that I killed a few mobs while I disconnected and can pick up what they dropped once I get back in.
-It’ll all suddenly catch up and my character will use every skill i had selected at once and I’ll instantly start to lag again and then a few seconds later it’ll disconnect
- Or everything will catch up and everything will be fine from a few seconds to a few minutes but then it’ll disconnect.
Nothing else on my computer is disconnecting, and I have an antivirus without a firewall. I also attached the NetworkDiag.log

Update- Since around last night at 11:30pm I have been unable to remain connected for even a minute. As soon as I connect it lags then gives me error 7.
Update 2 – Earlier today as soon as I logged my character would stop responding after a few seconds, however I was still able to see the chat live. I could talk in it as well and people could see it but my character would not move. I don’t know if that helps with anything but I found it strange that I was able to do that. (this was also followed by an error 7 soon after)

Attachments:

Hi

(edited by zeroxdelta.3749)

Posted by: Guhmi.5728

Guhmi.5728

Playing on US, server on Tarnished Coast.

I get this code around 8:40pm~9:10pm PST exact nowadays. Then things seem to settle down somewhat.

Trials of Human Ellipses = http://human-ellipses.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Charosive.1639

Charosive.1639

I posted earlier; I’m playing from the U.S.A. & on Darkhaven.

Posted by: Bradison.5123

Bradison.5123

I can’t connect to the game past the character screen.

Playing on the US servers, server name Fort Aspenwood

Attachments:

Posted by: Thrombus.1796

Thrombus.1796

I’ve attached a copy of my Network Diagnostic, something I didn’t do in my last post. Hopefully that will help.

Server: Ehmry Bay

Attachments:

Posted by: zipstacrack.7928

zipstacrack.7928

Temporary Solution!!!!!!

So I have been searching relentlessly for a solution. And have found one, which should work for everyone. It’s by no means a permanent fix, ArenaNet still needs to do it’s part and fix it, but this should work as a temporary solution to the problems we have been having.

First go to https://www.wtfast.com/ (it does cost, but you can get a 7 day free trial – so that’s 7 days of Guild Wars 2 until ArenaNet hopefully fix it.)

Sign up for the 7 day trial, make an account, download etc. When you open to the software make sure Guild Wars 2 is selected.

How this software works is that instead of connecting directly to ArenaNet servers (wherein lies the problem in our case) you connect to a private server, which doesn’t have a problem connecting to ANet servers, which connects to servers, and sends information back to you.

This method is usually used to lower your ping/latency as the providers servers are faster in response than those of ArenaNet’s, and luckily for us, works as a temp fix to our problem

There are other alternatives such as SmoothPing out there as well.

Hope this helped, it worked for me. Let’s hope that Arena fixes it within a couple more days!

But as I said, it’s by no need a permanent fix. We shouldn’t NEED to do this to be able to play a game. Especially if eventually it never gets fixed, and ends up costing us…

Remember you have to have this software running the WHOLE time you are playing Guild Wars 2. You can terminate the application process only when you are not in-game.

Regards,

-Maximus the Almighty

(edited by zipstacrack.7928)

Posted by: many.6724

many.6724

Temporary Solution!!!!!!

So I have been searching relentlessly for a solution. And have found one, which should work for everyone. It’s by no means a permanent fix, ArenaNet still needs to do it’s part and fix it, but this should work as a temporary solution to the problems we have been having.

First go to https://www.wtfast.com/ (it does cost, but you can get a 7 day free trial – so that’s 7 days of Guild Wars 2 until ArenaNet hopefully fix it.)

Sign up for the 7 day trial, make an account, download etc. When you open to the software make sure Guild Wars 2 is selected.

How this software works is that instead of connecting directly to ArenaNet servers (wherein lies the problem in our case) you connect to a private server, which doesn’t have a problem connecting to ANet servers, which connects to servers, and sends information back to you.

This method is usually used to lower your ping/latency as the providers servers are faster in response than those of ArenaNet’s, and luckily for us, works as a temp fix to our problem

Hope this helped, it worked for me. Let’s hope that Arena fixes it within a couple more days!

But as I said, it’s by no need a permanent fix. We shouldn’t NEED to do this to be able to play a game. Especially if eventually it never gets fixed, and ends up costing us…

Regards,

-Maximus the Almighty

I will try this later , thx
I tried another fix but it did not work . hoping this one will work .

Posted by: Lynx.6175

Lynx.6175

Temporary Solution!!!!!!

Regards,

-Maximus the Almighty

I just tried doing it and I got connected within milliseconds and so far no lag nor DCs.

zipstacrack.7928

Happy to help

Posted by: moitelyzah.4073

moitelyzah.4073

@moitelyzah

Are you playing on an EU or NA server?

NA server Sanctum of rall

Posted by: Omedon.4230

Omedon.4230

Crashes just started up again for me this evening. Seems to be a “prime time problem”, as I was fine for hours beforehand.

Again, this should not be an “our end” or even an “our IP end” fix. The variables are “more people are playing GW2” it seems… which is not a user end variable.

As the resourceful man above said:

We shouldn’t NEED to do this to be able to play a game.

Very much agreed. I look forward to an ArenaNet-end fix.

(edited by Omedon.4230)

Posted by: HarlenPotter.9285

HarlenPotter.9285

Can anyone update if the “wtfast” solution is viable and if it works please. Thank you.
~I’m So frustrated, tried every solution so far suggested but this one.

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

I’ve been having this problem since launch. Some nights I play for an hour with no disconnects. Other nights like the past two it happens every 5-10 mins. Lags horribly until skills no longer works then I get the error 7 and the game disconnects. I’m in Puerto Rico. Very frustrating!

Attachments:

Posted by: Wit.7389

Wit.7389

Can anyone update if the “wtfast” solution is viable and if it works please. Thank you.
~I’m So frustrated, tried every solution so far suggested but this one.

I noticed the lag and was disconnected earlier to the dreaded 7:11. I saw the post about WTFast.com and have tried it. Initially it seemed to be doing great (for about 10-15 minutes), but I just now got disconnected and the error code showed “7:11:3:189:101”. I am going to reboot and try again, if I notice anything better (or worse) I’ll edit this.

Sadly now, after reboot etc., just disconnected to 7:11… It was a very easy, and might be worth trying, but for me it’s a no-go.

edit – updated

(edited by Wit.7389)

HarlenPotter.9285

Thanks. Bag to pounding my head on the desk in frustration. This is sooo painful.

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I’m trying to play on Maguuma server. It’s really bad today, can’t even last a minute. Downloaded a client update, wonder if that exacerbated the issue.

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

Playing from Ontario, Canada. On Crystal Desert.

Been having this issue from day 1 of headstart access, tried everything. No luck. I have the ports opened, the game allowed through my firewall/AV, and have disabled both at times to try and play, still disconnect after a few minutes. Playing during the morning or early afternoon, I hardly disconnect, or I don’t at all. Seems that around 5-6EST and onwards, it’s 100% unplayable, because I disconnect when I attempt to do ANYTHING.

If it matters, I’ve tried playing while directly connected to my router with a cable, and I’ve tried playing on WiFi.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

zipstacrack.7928

It goes without saying that the software must be running WHILE playing Guild Wars 2 for my method to work.

It still works for me. I’m happy it’s working for some people at least.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Ugh, this has been happening to me lately as well. No issues with any other game but here I’m getting dc’d back to the character select screen about every minute to two minutes.

Posted by: elchulo.3148

elchulo.3148

I tried WTFAST tonight for about an hour and it did nothing for me. I still lag horribly. Game is unplayable for pvp. Glad it might work for some.

Posted by: Rapid Dave.5234

Rapid Dave.5234

Just had to log in to post that I’ve recently started encountering this issue as well. Game is unplayable as of now. I was able to play for hours previously with maybe a random dc here and there, but now it’s everytime I move my character.

Posted by: Vector.6105

Vector.6105

Temporary Solution!!!!!!

Remember you have to have this software running the WHOLE time you are playing Guild Wars 2. You can terminate the application process only when you are not in-game.

Regards,

-Maximus the Almighty

Tried this. It worked for me for a bit, but then I started to get the usual lag spikes and just now got D/Ced with the same error 7. :/ I play from the US. Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll continue to use it but based on this I doubt it will work >.<

Posted by: Sardoni.8361

Sardoni.8361

Tried proxy. I don’t disconnect 11 times in a dungeon anymore. Only 2. So… it lessened the problem but didn’t’ solve it.

Posted by: Bradison.5123

Bradison.5123

Just bought this game yesterday and haven’t had the chance to play it…..

HarlenPotter.9285

I played in all the betas no problem, maybe a little laggy but playable. Sadly this game has become absolutely unplayable and a serious let down. I have had a ticket now for long time now and have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated drivers and opened all ports and dropped my firewalls. My comp plays every other game perfectly fine, except this game. I certainly hope that the service and technical support gets better, but I suppose with no monthly fee they already got the money so there seems to be no rush. It pains me greatly to be so negative, I have been a fan and avid player of GW1 and a fanboy for gw2 but this is extremely bad technical support. Good luck to you all, I hope you have great adventures in Tyria. I can’t handle playing a game in intervals less than 2 minutes at a time only to have the code 7 kick to the groin.

Posted by: orion.6548

orion.6548

Temporary Solution!!!!!!

Regards,

-Maximus the Almighty

I should not have to do that to play a game i already payed for.
funny thing is i played whole of Monday or Tuesday whole time no problem,they did a build Wednesday morning.guess what disconnecting again.same 7:11 i play on a US server.

Posted by: Verona.5840

Verona.5840

From the US, California to be exact. And I’m playing on the Tarnished Coast server.

Guild Wars 2 is the only thing my computer is having problems with.

Posted by: Sin.2917

Sin.2917

back on gandara EU for over an hour now and so far so good.

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Well I am glad to see that I am not the only one still having this problem.

I play on the Crystal Desert, US homeworld. Would like a fix for this soon. Fun game… when the computer gods let me play.

Attachments:

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

Posted by: Zoidy.2685

Zoidy.2685

This is getting beyond a joke…..

How much longer is this game that we paid for going to be virtually unplayable?

Attachments:

Posted by: Wasp.7850

Wasp.7850

Buyed the game yesterday. I can’t play more than 5 minutes befor DC…. Very disappointed.. paying 60 euros for not being able to play the game …..
Tried WTFast but helps nothing in my case….
I’m playing in Switzerland, Internet is ok at my home, no lags but cant stay conected…

Posted by: Iceking.1539

Iceking.1539

Server: Sanctum of Rall

No problems till yesterday evening and now I can enjoy 2-5 min of game time before I get disconnected back to character select.

Posted by: Kaltamok.4738

Kaltamok.4738

I have had these issues on and off since launch. I prefer to play on overflow servers as these tend to disconnect less often than being logged into my home server. But as i am now near the end game zones with less population i am unable to get into overflow servers and today for eg, i have been trying to GW2 for the 1 1/2 hours and have experienced about 5 mins of playtime due to getting disconnected to the character selection screen within 20-90 seconds of loging in. i tried the port80 command line and disconnected just as fast.
Here is my Diag file, hope this helps as it does appear to show some packet loss (not that i really know much about this sort of stuff)
All my PC specs are in that, im connected via ethernet cable to a BT homehub2 which in my opinion isnt great for gaming and a lot of my lag issues are usually fixed by cold resetting (powering off for over 2 mins). I have forwarded all ports other than 80 and 443 as other people on this home network play other online games so i cant pinch these ports for myself.

Attachments:

Posted by: bizzaro.7504

bizzaro.7504

Yeah I have the error code to and nothing i do on my end seems to help. I can get into game but crash out in just a couple of minutes.The game is completely unplayable for me. Anvil rock server and the time of the day/night doesnt matter

Attachments:

(edited by bizzaro.7504)

Posted by: Sin.2917

Sin.2917

was able to play (on and off, because of real life hehe) all day long on my original server (had to play on US servers for last 3-4 days) and no problem. No disconnections, no :101 errors, nothing.