Low FPS - [merged]

Low FPS - [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Anarion.5461

Anarion.5461

SR MattChernicky.Le invite you to tell your boss that the Gw2 does not run correctly and that they have to check it deeply. It is not normal that the i7 GTX580 graphics, no card can be pulled on medium-high, 10 fps at minimum for these is a pittance.So it could launch any response that we relieve, even lie, but at least have the communities calm, time runs against him, wow expansion near.

Sincerely: A player cheated with minimum requirements and present status of optimization.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: IPunchedyour family.7294

IPunchedyour family.7294

I am officially giving up for the moment. I had high hopes earlier this week but I just got home after a long day and wanted to get in some questing.

Im down from 40-50FPS i was getting earlier this week to 14 again. All the areas in my server are deserted, there’s nobody around to be slowing me down. I’m done with this farce.

I’ll return to this game at another point down the track. It’s just not playable for me and I’m truly saddened and disappointed after the 5 year wait to be let down so severely. What a flop.

i53570k, HD6970, 8gb Ram – 60FPS

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: JonTheMon.2943

JonTheMon.2943

Huh, just did a quick log into LA this morning, and my FPS were back to more normal, in the 30 range with Auto-Detect.

i3-550, 8gb ram, HD 6850

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Xphome.9152

Xphome.9152

I don’t really have any problem with the FPS I’m getting but I think it should be better, in most areas it doesn’t matter which settings I use (Usually 0-5 FPS difference) with my i7-870 and GTX 680. I mean the game runs fine (60FPS, capped) in some areas and acceptable (25+) in other but I still think I should get more than 30FPS in those areas.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Bartan.4398

Bartan.4398

Since guild wars 2 came out i have been playing it on a older laptop because my current newer laptop was being repaired for some water damage. Anyway on this older laptop i was getting 20-35 fps which was absolutely fine. I now have my newer better laptop back and for the past 2 days when i play guild wars 2 i only getting 10-20 fps and it’s very choppy and unplayable. I have been able to play games like WoW, BF3, Skyrim, D3, and LoL perfectly with high fps on this laptop, but GW2 seems to run horribly on it. Here’s the specs of my laptop:
Model: ASUS Notebook N53SV Series
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed Memory(RAM): 6.00 GB
System type: 64- bit operating system
Windows edition: Windows 7 home premium
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

I really need some help or suggestions as to how i can improve my fps because right now the game is unplayable at this point and i know this laptop should have no issues at all with fps.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: LordCaithan.8360

LordCaithan.8360

I have recently installed GW2 on my old PC, but yet it runs with a very poor performance, with FPS going somewhere between 5-15 in all areas of the game.This computer can play quite well games like Skyrim, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, LoL, Diablo 3 and more, even with high graphics on, having no problems at all.I tried each and every solution with the Latest stable and Beta Nvidia drivers, tried to adjust the settings of the GPU as the support page recommended them,and everything else the Support page recommended, still nothing changes.Today is the first time i try playing GW2 on my old computer, so i cannot really tell if the new patch has something to do with it.My Computer’s hardware is:
CPU Inter Core 2 Duo E7400 2,80Ghz, 2GB of RAM, GPU Nvidia Geforce 9800GT and i run Windows 7 service pack 1. I tried running the game with the latest stable and Beta versio of Nvidia drivers, it made no difference at all.Any other ideas?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Murasaki.4956

Murasaki.4956

Same here, low fps in GW2, between 10-50.

Specs,
Intel Q9550 @ 3.33Ghz,
16GB RAM,
Kingston HyperX SSD
Asus GTX 660 Ti with latest nvidia drivers

CPU usage about 30-70%
GPU usage about 40-60%.

GPU and/or CPU should be 100% at all times if you’d ask me, unless its drawing 60+ fps already.
Please fix this, just got the 660Ti card yesterday to get more fps in THIS game.

(edited by Murasaki.4956)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Bleras.5871

Bleras.5871

Window 7 Ultimate 64 bits
Amd FX-8150 4,5 GHZ OC
8,00 GB DDR3 2166 MHZ
SSD Crucial M4
AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC 1100/1600
Fuente de 1050 Watios SEASONIC

drivers & caps 2 12.8, PCI EXPRESS 16x (GPUZ)

Setting Autodetect 1360×768.

WvW not moving 30-50 fps
WvW moving 20-25
WcW attacking town or castles (20-40 players)→ 8-12fps

GPU Utilization → 30% al 50%
CPU global Utilization → 30%-40%. ( 1 core never go to MAX,, only 85% or 90%)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: CptBadger.5918

CptBadger.5918

Btw when will you learn that packing hundreds of people together in one server in the same area fighting each other creates lag,and your fps Will drop,no matter what game you’re playing.Gw2 does a pretty fine job tbh espec in wvwvw the lowest fps i get is 26,and thats when assaulting or defending,everything still maxed out.

Solution ? DO NOT pack hundreds of people in the same area. Plain and simple. The tech is not there yet.

GW2 does a pretty fine job ? You gotta be joking.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

Btw when will you learn that packing hundreds of people together in one server in the same area fighting each other creates lag,and your fps Will drop,no matter what game you’re playing.Gw2 does a pretty fine job tbh espec in wvwvw the lowest fps i get is 26,and thats when assaulting or defending,everything still maxed out.

Solution ? DO NOT pack hundreds of people in the same area. Plain and simple. The tech is not there yet.

Tech is there, not everyone can afford it. And for what it’s worth, GW2 DOES do a decent job at handling all this considering it JUST released and is still being tweaked to yield the best results.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Tech is there, not everyone can afford it. And for what it’s worth, GW2 DOES do a decent job at handling all this considering it JUST released and is still being tweaked to yield the best results.

Sorry but still being twekead or “tech hardware of the users” is not a excuse when the perfomance of the game is worse after a patch, with yesterday patch to me the game run almost half of fps that 3 days ago( 40-60fps alone or in small groups to 15-35), and many people go down from 50-60fps to 10fps.

The minium requeriments are a joke, and belive me with my PC i wouldnt have to worry for requeriments to play smothly if they were true.

then i have be thankful to wait days to another patch and praise to the perfomance dont mess again ?

Sorry but im starting to get angry, the perfomance is a joke since BWE1, more 4 months ago , and with the patchs they improve to many people, to others simple they mess it, after last patch to me they mess it again and the game run worse than ever, and what i get mor angry is the lack of the info by arena.net.

They patch the game, they mess it , they dont tell anything, many players with same issues after 2 days with many parts unplayable when before we just play fine, no great but fine, and no answer or nothing about what they did, no ETA only, "we are working " each some days, but the game just dont run better, run worse.

I paid 130€ for a game that with that requeriments they shown, i should play great, i waited without tell anything in the BWE because we were still in beta, but now, after 2 weeks of the launch, that the game run worse after a patch, dont fix it laterand dont say anything in the forum just get me angry.

I just beg for a " Well we have some issues with last patch…." or “We are revert last patch …..” or “The issues are cuaused by xxxx and we are working to repair in X days until now revert the last patch” etc… s

Some info explication, no dissapear few days after a mess and just simple ignore the community.

(edited by GonzoNeo.4965)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: ulfvongunther.8756

ulfvongunther.8756

Hey all,

For those of you that tired to use the -perfdebug command last night, can you confirm that the .dat file that should be found in the profiles folder is not there for me please.

Hey there!
There is no subfolder there for me either (I use Vista SP2 X64 though).

BTW.:
Dearest Tech Support!
I’ve most recently bought the VGA (upgraded from 9600 GT to this baby), to an Ati HD 7750 (Gigabyte), and the game FPS consistently drops low in most areas (tested Human starting zone, Lion’s arch, and Mists).
- I’ve the most recent drivers on everything, as far as I know, and I keep my OS up-to-date!
- I’ve tested the game graphics settings on different presets as well, as on custom settings, and my FPS always drops bellow 25, no matter which option I set!
- I used CPUID Hardware Monitor to investigate a possible overheating issue (though I have custom cooling on a generally low temp CPU, and my Cooler Master chassis use 2 additional Fans to dissipate heat from the case!), I did not find any issues in this regard!
- I used Intel Burn test and FurMark simultaneously to stess my PC, it was working like a charm through the whole procedure!
- I did try the suggestions you’ve sent me in the automated reply from the tech support ticket system, but they does not seem to help either!
- I have 12.8 CAP 2 profiles installed.
I’ll upload the guild wars 2 test file, so any1 can see if there is any mess around that report!

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

As of last night, my framerate in LA was still abysmal, but once I got out in the world I was scoring 40-50 in combat, and 50-80 out of combat. Definitely playable, even if there are still issues going on….

Low FPS - [merged]

Victus.9631

Sorry but still being twekead or “tech hardware of the users” is not a excuse when the perfomance of the game is worse after a patch, with yesterday patch to me the game run almost half of fps that 3 days ago( 40-60fps alone or in small groups to 15-35), and many people go down from 50-60fps to 10fps.

Not talking about computer hardware, talking about network hardware for one… The technology exists to jack people in with at least 100 down and 50 up. But the cost the install the new cables required and modify the connectors in households simply is too costly to do. Google is still testing Google Fiber and if it’s successful I could imagine it spreading like wildfire. Fact of the matter is, not everyone has that dream connection speed and servers can’t connect fast enough either. This generates horrible performance both in server lag and video lag (reports of people not showing up on screen until you within a few feet of them in WvW).

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: DreamCrusher.7408

DreamCrusher.7408

Intel q9550 @3.4ghz, Ati 6870, 4 gb of ram and win 7 x64, resolution 1280×1024
In PvE areas CPU usage 60-70%, GPU usage 50-65%, FPS 30-60.
Very weird thing i noticed during wvwvw is that my GPU usage drops when there is a bunch of people and so does my FPS.
When i just res near gate w/o much ppl i get over 45 FPS with GPU usage aroung 60%, when there are alot of people fighting GPU usage drops to 22-25% and FPS to ~13. Logically if there are more ppl, GPU usage should rise, not drop more causing me to get even lower FPS.

(edited by DreamCrusher.7408)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: JoeCool.8495

JoeCool.8495

Just bought the game because I read the system requirements. I got 5fps using core2 quad (2.40GHz) and nvidia GTX 260. game is unplayable at this point.

You have a CPU and a GPU from 4 generations of PC hardware ago, and you’re complaining? Give me a break. I built a PC like that several years ago…

I agree its definitely not the best computer and you’re spot on with the generation; it was built it 4 years ago. However, despite it’s age it still is better than the system requirements advertised. Whats worse is that I’ve read a lot of posts of people with worse system specs and no problems running on high.

Anyways all I am saying is that the computer specs in this situation are not the problem (At least for most people as they already know when they did the update and all the people who posted the “Get a better comp” statements got screwed over and became part of the club)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Siala.8147

Siala.8147

Logged back in this afternoon and have been getting pretty smooth FPS again most places, ~50 now instead of <10 the last 3 days.

Putting it down to luck for the moment though…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Wiwaxia.2791

Wiwaxia.2791

Login right now and my fps are terribile. I will happy to play gw2 but for my eyes 18 to 28fps are not good compare with my stable 60fps. If i remember, when my fps was 60 I checked it every 10min the build, it was 14,443 o 14,433 something like that.

When I login to forum for a strange reason I jump to DE forum. They have a stick thread about fps problem with a mod reply, but can’t understand.
I hope you understand my poor eng.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Anarion.5461

Anarion.5461

Do Arenanet, where these? do you intend to say something? or hopes that following exp wow to see if running people and act?

Low FPS - [merged]

GonzoNeo.4965

Yeah i just love how arena.net are answering post right now and ignoring the ones with FPS issues since last patch.

If tomorrow when i wake up there are no eplication or a new patch to fix it arena.net reputation in tech and commuinity support to me is over, and is sad after 7 years playing GW1.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Home Style.9640

Home Style.9640

Had GW1 since the day it released. I even played it in the beta stages many years ago. That game ran flawlessly.

GW2 on the other hand, complete trash of an engine. Honestly, what are your programmers doing to patch the game and make it WORSE than it was pre-patch.

Getting ~50 fps. Sometimes if I afk, my fps will randomly drop to 20 and stay like that for no reason at all. GPU runs at ~40% usage and CPU runs at not even 15%….I have an i7 920 CPU and you’re telling me that it only requires 15% of its power to run this game? HELL NO!

Fix yourkittenengine ANET or I’m going back to CS:GO

Low FPS - [merged]

Victus.9631

Had GW1 since the day it released. I even played it in the beta stages many years ago. That game ran flawlessly.

GW2 on the other hand, complete trash of an engine. Honestly, what are your programmers doing to patch the game and make it WORSE than it was pre-patch.

Getting ~50 fps. Sometimes if I afk, my fps will randomly drop to 20 and stay like that for no reason at all. GPU runs at ~40% usage and CPU runs at not even 15%….I have an i7 920 CPU and you’re telling me that it only requires 15% of its power to run this game? HELL NO!

Fix yourkittenengine ANET or I’m going back to CS:GO

Why complain? Just play CS:GO until the game is optimized. The reason they’re probably not responding is because they actually already have. They’re aware of the issue and are gathering more information on the matter before making a formal statement. If they had people from ArenaNet answering people left and right that’s too risky and one may say something but the other employee says something completely opposite. They can’t say anything because they simply do not hold the authority to do so. People can only do so much in a day so why don’t you kick back, mess around in CS:GO, and come back in a few days with a better and more understanding attitude?

Low FPS - [merged]

GonzoNeo.4965

They can say why last patch mess the game and work much worse to many people and fix it.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: thisispatrick.8294

thisispatrick.8294

Still having FPS issues after much time spent with support. My simple solution is to not play the game. So far its going pretty good.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Fiberoptik.5984

Fiberoptik.5984

Just noticed this too, so I searched the forums. I get 50-100 fps depending where I am in game. I never get over 30 fps in there.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: CptBadger.5918

CptBadger.5918

There are no “magic tweaks”. It took them FIVE years to create this game.

What they need is a 100% increase in WvW framerates. It’s just not going to happen.

Just browse these boards. There are people with top of the line hardware (beastly i7’s, 7970’s, SSDs, 680’s, etc, etc) still getting 15 frames per second at WvW.

Please don’t play the “people can’t afford the hardware” card as it simply is not true.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Daftlapin.8493

Daftlapin.8493

Since there is a lot of complaining and no solution yet, I’m going to go ahead an put my 2 cents in. I blame my low fps on my Computer Case!!!Why not?

But seriously, please fix this problem. I’m in no rush, just want to play it comfortable

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Akiru.8065

Akiru.8065

Since the last patch (14-september) my CPU usage has been increased drastically…
Yesterday I was playing WvW at 70-80% cpu usage and 15-20fps in zergs.
Today, my CPU is at 90-100% usage and 10fps in zergs -.-
I restarted the computer several times, deactivating antivirus and everything running to free up cpu usage, but its useless. The game now uses much more CPU :S

My CPU has 4 cores running at 3.0ghz who is by far better than the minimum requirements. And the game is nearby unplayable in WvW…

With the current optimization, this game requires a high end CPU of more than 200€ to be playable and in the interviews you said that your goal is to make the game playable in mid-level computers…

Now most of us want to know if you will optimize the game and how many time aproximatelly you will require for that. If game optimization isnt’t possible, just update GW2’s system requirements and tell us to buy new hardware

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Gareson.5468

Gareson.5468

Day five of an unplayable FPS of 5-8 with no end in sight. When this game launched I enjoyed a FPS of 55-60 it ran smooth as silk on high settings….then it slowed to molasses for no apparent reason.

I know I am not alone with this issue but from the miminal reaction by arenanet and no suggested official solutions for the better part of a week, I am losing faith. Do they hope all of us with this issue(very many people, btw) will just go away or something?

Driver updates, system cleanings, game patches…nothing has fixed the issue…and I just hope arena.net is taking the issue seriously. I LOVED this game…I had nothing but praise for it….now it’s a mess. The slow tech support response to this issue may belie a company that is overwhelmed, and isn’t quite ready to launch a game this big. I was such a fan of the game, I don’t want to lose faith…but the silence on arenanet’s end is deafening. This unplayable game will soon become a shelf warmer at this rate. .I hope arenanet isn’t thinking “We got this guys $60 so who cares” right now…cause it’s the vibe I am getting.

(edited by Gareson.5468)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

What are your system specs?

They have said that they are still looking into FPS issues so I wouldn’t give up yet. It seems to effect people somewhat at random – people with the same setups can have drastically different performance.

What do you have running next to the game?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Refraction.1892

Refraction.1892

Does Alt-Tabbing out of the game then back again fix it for you? If so you need to alter your power management settings in the control panel to maximum performance. (presuming you have an nvidia card here)

The only other thing which would cause the game to slow down so drasticly is overheating. My card runs at 80 degrees C when playing GW2 with a clean fan :P

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Lucetius.4253

Lucetius.4253

This has happened to us as well, suddenly becoming a slideshow on my wifes PC a few days ago, after running perfectly smooth for the first few days after launch. The game now plays at a constant 5 – 10 FPS, making it now unplayable.
It’s a shame as we were really enjoying the game together before the massive drop in her FPS. (it’s fine on my machine)

After researching this issue online it seems it’s affecting many people, clearly pointing to a game issue rather than an issue with her PC. Her temps are fine, no trojans/viruses, no new installs etc etc. I really hope a fix comes from somewhere soon.

Low FPS - [merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

Have you tried running the game with the -repair command?

What graphics card has your wife got?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: DaveK.1023

DaveK.1023

That is somewhat irrelevant TBH.

He said loud and clear the game was running fine on the same hardware prior to some game patches.
In BWE2 I had nice FPS of roughly 60-80. In BWE3 it dropped to 30-40. And now it stays between 20-50. The same hardware, nothing changed.

People need to get out of that illusion that client system is responsible for everything.

Low FPS - [merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

People need to realise that you rule the easy stuff out first. I’m interested in graphics card because there are settings to change for either brand that help.

Stop trying to jump down the throat of people offering help.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Lucetius.4253

Lucetius.4253

Yep, did a repair this morning. Her card is a 8800GTX. Not a great card, but it ran the game perfectly well (for her) at around 25- 30FPS for the first few days on medium settings. Changing her settings to lowest makes not one bit of difference either. It now won’t go above 10FPS, but is usually around 7 FPS

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

That is somewhat irrelevant TBH.

He said loud and clear the game was running fine on the same hardware prior to some game patches.
In BWE2 I had nice FPS of roughly 60-80. In BWE3 it dropped to 30-40. And now it stays between 20-50. The same hardware, nothing changed.

People need to get out of that illusion that client system is responsible for everything.

He was only trying to help you know….repairing client Can help,infact i had 2 crashes some days ago.After starting the game up my fps seemed lower,after that i had another crash.I then repaired my client,fps is back to normal.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Vidiea.4867

Vidiea.4867

I am in the same situation. I run about 40-50 FPS in PvE with Best Appearance Settings, 40 in WvW where no action is going on but as soon as I hit a large scale battle with Best Performance Settings (anything above 10-15 players), I’m usually at about 3-9 FPS. I think it’s only playable ‘cause I’m too stubborn to let it keep me out of WvW. Although, I’m not running high-end processors like you i5/i7 folks.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

Yep, did a repair this morning. Her card is a 8800GTX. Not a great card, but it ran the game perfectly well (for her) at around 25- 30FPS for the first few days on medium settings. Changing her settings to lowest makes not one bit of difference either. It now won’t go above 10FPS, but is usually around 7 FPS

What is turned on in the settings?

Frame limiter?
Vsync?
Reflections?
Shadows?
AA?

Try with all those off at the same time.

You can also try going into My Documents > GW2 > and deleting local.dat, then launching the game again. That was a fix for settings corruption in the beta.

You should also make sure that Nvidia Control Panel settings for GW2 are left at default.

Low FPS - [merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

well i have

gtx 670
i72600k
8gb ddr3 RAm

found out last night after spending hours trying to attempt to fix that it was my cpu bottlenecking in heavy situations. not sure if it is throttling down or something but def the cpu. what was weird was i temporary OCed cpu 100mhz and it yielded massive fps increase. a hell of alot more than it should. (cant keep OC cause of temp issues)

therefore ive come back to the conclusion the game is just poorly optimized in demanding situations. seems to put to much stress on the cpu compared to te video card. for instance in lions arch if i dropped all my settings to low would only give me a 5fps increase which is a joke.

I have the exact setup as you and have no frame rate problems. Are you running the PC on best performance in the power options?

Low FPS - [merged]

GonzoNeo.4965

Well i just log in to see if they fix it the mess of last patch and i see a new update, first thought was " yaay it seem that they are working" but after the load the game my second thought was -_-.

Still the same to me, where before i had 45-50 fps now i have 20-25, in a event with a small groups of 5-10 people in a Town i had 10-15 fps where before i could have 35-50.

Great job arena.net like the last patch we are going backwards…… and of course “Mute mode ON”, no comments, no answer, nothing.

I just loith my faith in this Support, the great reputation of this company build around 7 years just go to the floor in only 4 days joking with the users money and no giving answers.

Yeah you are great in desings and gameplay but your support is awful, and the “revision of GW1 engine” is awful, im starting think that would be better that they would use some like UT3 like Tera with GW2 art design, at least Tera in “brute graphics” ( im not talking about design, to me gw2 is more beatiful) is better and run much smooth.

But well, other patch, other perfomance mess again and again no answers by a arena.net, im just tired of waitting when a week ago i was playing a decent fps, and when the game crap perfomance would be improved only just getting worse.

Really great job.

Low FPS - [merged]

GonzoNeo.4965

I just posted this in FPS low post:

“Well i just log in to see if they fix it the mess of last patch and i see a new update, first thought was " yaay it seem that they are working" but after the load the game my second thought was -_-.
Still the same to me, where before i had 45-50 fps now i have 20-25, in a event with a small groups of 5-10 people in a Town i had 10-15 fps where before i could have 35-50.
Great job arena.net like the last patch we are going backwards…… and of course “Mute mode ON”, no comments, no answer, nothing.
I just loith my faith in this Support, the great reputation of this company build around 7 years just go to the floor in only 4 days joking with the users money and no giving answers.
Yeah you are great in desings and gameplay but your support is awful, and the “revision of GW1 engine” is awful, im starting think that would be better that they would use some like UT3 like Tera with GW2 art design, at least Tera in “brute graphics” ( im not talking about design, to me gw2 is more beatiful) is better and run much smooth.
But well, other patch, other perfomance mess again and again no answers by a arena.net, im just tired of waitting when a week ago i was playing a decent fps, and when the game crap perfomance would be improved only just getting worse.
Really great job."

Low FPS - [merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

Are you actually after a fix, or are just having a whinge? There’s no need to post the same thing in multiple threads.

Believe it or not, some problems take a while to fix, especially if the issue isn’t affecting everyone on the same setup.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: HxCFTW.8192

HxCFTW.8192

I am in the same situation. I run about 40-50 FPS in PvE with Best Appearance Settings, 40 in WvW where no action is going on but as soon as I hit a large scale battle with Best Performance Settings (anything above 10-15 players), I’m usually at about 3-9 FPS. I think it’s only playable ‘cause I’m too stubborn to let it keep me out of WvW. Although, I’m not running high-end processors like you i5/i7 folks.

Sort of the same build for me. I have a little better CPU. I get around the same frames outside of cities and wvw but once I enter a city it drops to 15 – 25 frames and in wvw I need to avoid the zerg or I hit around 5 frames lol. I have never played a game that has so much fps issues. WoW was fine in wintergrasp and RIFT was fine in massive rift events but this game just hates any low end CPU :P

Low FPS - [merged]

DaveK.1023

Maybe you should stop being so oversensitive and use common sense.

Logic dictates that if an element was working inside a certain framework and now it isn’t and the framework itself didn’t change, that the corresponding element is where you should start looking for answers.

As for Lucetius and Gareson – search for “GW2 low fps” and you’ll find a ton of tips.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: GalaxyRed.5032

GalaxyRed.5032

I just did a FPS “solution” with the support for my FPS ticket, that told me to run Heaven, and sent it to them. They responded yesterday with this response:

“Hello.

Thank you for updating us on your issue. Here’s what we’re seeing:

The results from Heaven:

FPS:
Scores:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

The reality of the issue is that if your system can’t maintain a constant 30 frames in the Heaven Benchmark then you’re not going to be getting good Frames in Guild Wars 2 either. While some of the parts of the Heaven benchmark may be more graphic intensive than GW2, you are not attempting to render as many entities. There are players and spells, sounds, creatures, npcs, etc etc, a whole mess of things for your system to process in GW2.

That being said, I don’t believe that you should be getting 5-7 Frames as you stated. Here we run into the issue of the drivers for your graphics card. AMD is no longer updating drivers for your card, it has been lumped into legacy drivers. The only other thing we can do for you is attempt a Driver Fusion with a re-install of the latest legacy drivers. If this doesn’t work then I’m afraid you will have to update your system to get any better performance out of GW2."

Then they proceeded to give me instructions on reinstalling my drivers, which I already did in a previous mail with them. If it didn’t work before, how the hell is it going to magically fix itself now? So after that, they then told me to remove everything on start-up basically with MSConfig, and see if that helps the game (which it didn’t), and they said if it didn’t work, to send a Game Advisor report “prior to removing”.. Uh, that would be the same as one I ALREADY sent to them previously.

So basically, I give up. They’re just giving me the run-around, and will eventually just say it’s my computer anyway. I’m planning on getting a new computer by Christmas, but it sure as hell not my computer, because I have friends that have similar computers as I do and they have no issues with this game whatsoever.

Low FPS - [merged]

GonzoNeo.4965

Im waiting for a anwer 4 days and nothing, im following arena.net post of past days and nobody is answering fps post issues.

And the element that change was the game with a update patch, before update game run fine, after patch run awful and im not the only one.

They have the issue, im tired of update all, send diags, when the game fail was becuase their updates.

What do you suggest? Wait happy some weeks seeing the forum while arena.net still ignore the fps post issues and cant play to a game that i paid 130€?

If the patch wass the issue, revert the update, is simple, and after this continue searching the fps issues, dont put a update, mess the game, left it and ignore fps post issues.

Low FPS - [merged]

DaveK.1023

A side question : how on earth did you manage to pay 130 EUR for GW2 ?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Refraction.1892

Refraction.1892

Collectors edition.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Voltage.8965

Voltage.8965

AMD Bulldozer 8150 3.6 OC’ed to 4.2
8 gig ddr3 1600 ram
GTX550ti