Lag issues in Latin America

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Saiki.5147

Saiki.5147

Well, I did send them a ticket and got a reply (which i believe to be an automated one) where an use of a program called PingPlotter is necessary for further information. I followed their intructions but the program seems to recognize server’s ip address being an email address. I’m not sure whether or not I’m doing it right but there’s a pic enclosed showing what’s going on whenever i try to add server’s ip.

Hi Saiki, you need to erase the last :0 in the IP.

Thank you a lot. Let’s see the output of this test now.

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

My pingplotter test isn’t looking good lol.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gottes.7431

Gottes.7431

Same kind of issue after the patch of Dragon Bash….Sorrow´s fournace, Argentina. Continue lag problem….Pings are higher than ever

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hey guys – I’m currently collecting data in regards to this issue. The best way to get this to me is through the ticketing system. The forums are fine, but I can get the best information needed if I’m able to talk to you guys one on one. The more information that you’re able to provide, the more information I have to provide to the appropriate departments for further review.

That being said, what I need from you guys is the following:

Server
ISP
GA and/or Network Diagnostic report
Times that you’re experiencing this issue

The sticky thread below should give you more info in regards to contacting support:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/How-to-Submit-a-Technical-Support-Ticket-2/first#post3957

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Hi Ahsley thank you for looking into this issue.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is “ISP” and “GA”?

My guildmates have been reporting that they are experiencing too much lag since the latest big patch from 25th june. Though, i don’t know if it is actually related to the patch per se, or just coincidence.

The time is always a timeframe from 20:00 – 00:00 (GMT -3:00) (I think this is actually 16:00-20:00 PDT) when there are more people online.

(edited by brunobyof.3541)

Posted by: Dannz.2490

Dannz.2490

ISP= Internet Service Provider
GA= Game Advisor, a tool used to diagnostics.

To run Game Advisor:
Download Game Advisor from here: http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor
Double click “Game Advisor.exe” to start the application.
Once started, click the icon for the game you wish to test. For Guild Wars 2, please use the Guild Wars button.
Once selected, click “Test Computer and Connection.”

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Good to know that I’m not alone in this. It’s been unplayable at nights for a month or two, but now it’s unplayable even in the mornings! Only at 1 AM central I get no lag whatsoever…

To those that are thinking of sending a ticket, I already did, with both traceroute and pingplotter results, and I was told that it’s on my end (ISP).

After seeing this thread I really doubt that it’s on our end…

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Posted by: Milo Rock.2457

Milo Rock.2457

Im from Chile, and since at least a month I’ve been suffering horrible lag, not just me, a lot of friends and guildies too (though a minority seems to be doing fine most of the time). We’ve recently found a program called “WTFast” that does an amazing job at solving the lag spikes, unfortunately this program needs a paid subscription to work, and… well I tought Gw2 payment code was “buy once, play all you want” (says the game box), so, if I paid what you wanted me to pay, why should I pay a third party to play decenlty?
I think its been more than enough time and information from players, nevertheless I’ll submit my report through the ticketing system and hope for this problem to go away, its really sad that this atrocious lag only happens to me in the game, which, obviously, I want to play the most, this one.

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

Server: Jade Quarry
ISP: Fibertel (Argentina)

Times that you’re experiencing this issue: Every single day for the past 3-4 weeks since 1:00 pm server time to 10:00 pm (5pm-2am local time)

GA attached.

Bläck Dähliä

Saiki.5147

To those that are thinking of sending a ticket, I already did, with both traceroute and pingplotter results, and I was told that it’s on my end (ISP).

So basically speaking we’ve got all these people’s ISP not providing a good service? I dont think so. Clearly there’s something more about this issue given that it is affecting way too many players (most/only Latin American ones ). I submitted my ticket as much as PPlotter’s result test, let’s see what anwer i’m gonna get. What i can say is everything was fine until the release of that AR jumping puzzle, since then I only do my daily and log off cause lag is unbearable.

Posted by: Wharrgarbl.9263

Wharrgarbl.9263

Same problem here from Argentina (Buenos Aires)
I actually have two isp’s at home (Fibertel 6mb & telefonica 3mb) and i tried at my mother’s house (yet another ISP) to no avail. Lag makes the game unplayable; everything worked flawlessly pre-dragon bash :S

Posted by: Peutros.4069

Peutros.4069

Hello i just downloaded the game please tell me that this lag problem will be solved, im from brasil, the game looks pretty cool and i want to keep playing cant provide much information because i have just started , hope this problem is solved, thanks.

Saiki.5147

Anet sent me a reply and basically said my ISP is to be blamed off (which i don’t believe because i do play other games with no lag problems/spikes at all).

here’s a piece of what i got from Anet:

“Because the loss of data is happening prior to it reaching our game servers, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance. I would highly recommend sending them the results of your Ping Plotter test so they can visually see the issue you are suffering from”

So guys, unfortunately i think we all are going to have the same kind of answer from Anet. Like all MMO’s out there it is always the costumer’s ISP “trolling”, so why would that be different on GW2, huh?

Posted by: BrunEXx.8341

BrunEXx.8341

Same problem here Brazil (SC)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Same issue here, also in Brazil. GW2 is the only online game I play, but downloading other files doesn’t appear to be any slower. It began after the latest update.

Which Internet Service Provider are all you in Brazil using? I’m using Net.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Dannz.2490

I’m using Ajato (Vivo, SP) and have the same lag issues.

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Hey Ashley! Glad to see that you saw the link I posted on my ticket

As you can see,I’m not the only one having lag issues,and it can’t be my ISP (but I admit,they are bad) but this isn’t their fault this time because as you can see people are having problems with different ISPs,and from different countries.

It was fine/no lag at all less than 1 week ago.

The game only becomes playable after 11:00 PM UTC-3,and even after 11PM I still get some lag (rubberbanding) on big events like The Shatterer,Orr events,etc…

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

So… the ISP is the problem?

It’s kinda weird because I can play battlefield, tera, company of heroes, killing floor, Civilization V, red orchesta and a bunch of other games with no problems at all, except guild wars 2…

Gotta love new content while playing with 3 seconds lag,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: azarrel.1463

azarrel.1463

I’m from Brazil and I have same problem after the last major update… I never had any problems with GW2 connection, but now I have huge lag spikes… I hope ANET do something to solve that problem….

Posted by: Nerien.5412

Nerien.5412

Also got a response saying it’s my ISP, wich for once, is not at fault as everything else seems to work just fine. Also, if you look the PingPlotter Report you will notice that the router that loses the packet is within the IP range of the server you are tracing, wich means it’s a problem within their network and they don’t care to assume it.

marnick.4305: “Just because you went down last
doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the group
it means the enemies considered you a low priority.”

Posted by: lanedraex.3691

lanedraex.3691

The problem is on the route our connection is taking, if you use a tunnel the high latency disappears. I’ve checked and the ping start to gets a little higher when you get to some ALTER.NET server that is the last thing before the actual GW2 ip range of 64.xx.xx.x, if you use a tunnel program (or if you could make a route yourself) this ALTER.NET server (wich is not Arena Net) probably gets switched to a better route and thus reducing the latency.
Hope this helps support figure things out, it’s not on Arena Net servers per say, but it’s real close.

But the latency spike really happens when you get to the Arena Net servers.

Edit: included the ALTER.NET name

(edited by lanedraex.3691)

Saiki.5147

Whatever we say or do they will keep saying it is our ISP, even though everything else works just fine…

Posted by: Antigono.1258

Antigono.1258

Whatever we say or do they will keep saying it is our ISP, even though everything else works just fine…

yeah, all the ISP from Latin America are working wrong .. yeah..

Posted by: Shadbox.5386

Shadbox.5386

I love ArenaNet, really, I think it’s the best video game company in the world.
But these problems take more than a month and this has undermined many points.
You are providing lousy service to your loyal users.
I play many online games and never a problem with any other company, so why your servers clashes with latam isp??

I hope it gets fixed soon to play again.

Saiki.5147

I think we don’t spend that much on gems, so they will pay little attention on us… real shame.

lanedraex.3691

Link to the Aion forum with a post from 2010 with some related issue, note the ip 64.25.32.26 is there and is the responsible for the high latency “* * 64.25.32.26 (64.25.32.26) 31.837 ms” of the user (31ms for him is high because he says he lives in Dallas).
The issue is crearly with NcSoft routes, so we can’t fix it on our side, we need Arena Net to solve the problem (new route, redirection, etc…), so if someone from their support says that your ISP is the problem, you should not accept it and don’t close the ticket as solved.

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=39079

edit: little correction

Saiki.5147

so if someone from their support says that your ISP is the problem, you should not accept it and close the ticket as solved.

I’m not closing it but i’m not getting any solution from them either. My ISP provider says everything is fine on his side, so Anet says everything is fine on their side, so what am I supposed to do? Who am I supposed to listen to? The fact is I still can’t play the game the way i used to.

Posted by: Shadbox.5386

Shadbox.5386

Link to the Aion forum with a post from 2010 with some related issue, note the ip 64.25.32.26 is there and is the responsible for the high latency “* * 64.25.32.26 (64.25.32.26) 31.837 ms” of the user (31ms for him is high because he says he lives in Dallas).
The issue is crearly with NcSoft routes, so we can’t fix it on our side, we need Arena Net to solve the problem (new route, redirection, etc…), so if someone from their support says that your ISP is the problem, you should not accept it and don’t close the ticket as solved.

edit: little correction

Nice treasure you found in there! We all know it’s not an ISP problem. It’s all about how much Anet wants to work

Posted by: fran aguilar.4130

fran aguilar.4130

at least they answered in the technical support via mail.. now lets just wait and see what they have to say!!

AND ITS NOT AND ISP PROBLEM!!

Posted by: pixfan.2407

pixfan.2407

The fact that we have been lagging for a month and Anet keeps telling us that we are having ISP issues (even when GW2 is the only game we’re having problems with) is a shame.

Yeah, I got the “it appears your connection may be suffering from packet loss” answer as well.

Posted by: Birigui.6857

Birigui.6857

The GM Ashley said to open a ticket to solve the issue, however I’ve did it before coming here and all I’ve got was premade answers asking me to run serveral kind of testes (Game Advisor, Ping Plotter) and in the end it was said it was my ISP problem and there was nothing they could do for me.

Funny thing is my game was perfect until 7/1/13, after this date I can barely play due intense lag spikes and delay.

I’m not having the same issue with another online game (and I play serveral other titles).

I’m hopeless now after reading this post.

Posted by: nessiah.1498

nessiah.1498

Since 07/01 i started to have huge lag spikes and i tough that was my ISP providing a bad service. But reading all these cases and the by fact that I have increased the speed of my internet 20 mb to 40 mb yesterday and still get lag spikes, I realized that the problem is part of Anet. So please try to fix this issue cause its impossible to play the game, I can only enter to finish my dailies and check the Trading Post. We are waiting for a personal response of Anet… And sorry for my bad english, as you guys can notice almost or all of the people who are having problems are from Latin America.

Dannz.2490

Got the same response. Packet loss, “the server is always right” and “loss of data is happening prior to it reaching our game servers, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance”
It’s not my ISP as the loss of data is happening outside my ISP.
10-30% loss at ip.att.net (not my ISP)
and 40%-100% loss when it reaches 64.25.32 range (Anet servers)

as it is happening ONLY WITH GW2, from different countries (Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina and even UK) and different ISPs within the same country. I think Anet needs to check it as it is affecting its customers!

i see 4 options for us.
1. wait to see if the problem solves itself the same way it just appeared
2. play on calm hours (after 1am here aprox)
3. use a vpn/tunnel service
4. move on from GW2

Posted by: Birigui.6857

Birigui.6857

Even with vpn/tunnel there’s still lag, I don’t use it myself but have a friend who uses it and it’s not solving the issue.

Posted by: kushiel.2867

kushiel.2867

the thing is, that they have no clue of whakittens going on, if they had come here and say “Look we are aware of the problems and we are working on it… bla bla bla” i could accept that you know. at least they recognize that theres something going on, but no they just keep ignoring. i’m just doing my dailies or running some easy low lvl areas that the mobs cant kill me even with those horrible, HORRIBLE lag spikes, cant do much anymore. i have thousands of hours played, i love this game but it just getting on my nerves, since i cant do what i want anymore, i really wish your next patch makes everything burn so you can fix everything, or this lag hits even more ppl, thats the only way they will look at this.

lanedraex.3691

Using a tunnel program did the trick only for the pve side of things, as pvp and WvW servers are different. The connection would remain stable during a short period of time (on WvW) and the I would be disconnected, probably some inside ArenaNet routing issue.
I ran all the tests they wanted from me so far and also gave them some more info not asked.
Hope they find a solution soon, but I know it’s a pain in the * to work with network stuff.

Edit: The tunnel program I’m using is also located in Dallas, so you can’t even say that the problem is with our ISP connections – Dallas. When I use the program the latency goes away.

Posted by: Sterrius.4918

Sterrius.4918

HAving the same problems.

Attachments:

(edited by Sterrius.4918)

Dannz.2490

here is my ping plotter graph

Attachments:

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

yeah, all the ISP from Latin America are working wrong .. yeah..

Same response for me. I send a ticket, with GA and Pingplotter file and ANET told me is a ISP problem. Tomorrow a ISP tech come to my house to see if thats true. I really think is a ANET problem.

dovrak.4376

Today’s tests, pingplotter towards Ragnaros and Kelthuzad vs Anet servers. If it’s my ISP problem, they should be equally kitten*d up, right? How do you explain this Anet?

Attachments:

Posted by: Nerien.5412

Nerien.5412

Got a New Response from the Support:

“n fact, if you review the packet loss in Ping Plotter, it appears to be isolated to “hop” # 10 and 11. When I do a reverse IP lookup for those IP address, they come back with the following owners:

1. - 65.205.119.210 – Verizon Business – Brownwood, Texas
  1. - 64.25.32.9 – NCSoft – This one actually does belong to us.

So while #11 is producing some packet loss, much of that is coming from the data already lost in “hop” #10. So what we need to do here is a two pronged approach. I will be contacting our network engineering teams to have “hop” #11 looked into and this packet loss issue resolved. However, we also need your ISP to address the packet loss leading into “Hop 11” from “Hop 10.” Until that is resolved, the packet loss on “hop 11” may continue because the data is being lost prior to reaching that “hops.”"

marnick.4305: “Just because you went down last
doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the group
it means the enemies considered you a low priority.”

dovrak.4376

From what I gathered these (many) days whitout being able to play they have LOT of nodes between us (LA people) and their servers, compared to other games.
Oh yeah 3rd world problems who cares.

lanedraex.3691

Well, how many “nodes” you have don’t really break your connection if they all are working as intended, the problem here is that you could be really close to ArenaNet servers and still have issues, because we’re having packet loss mainly when we get close to them (verizon business- arenanet), they both are on Texas.
People on Texas who has to pass through Verizon might be having the same problem we have, but as they are so close to the physical servers, the latency spike can’t really be noticed, as it would probably be like 10ms to 40ms (wich is perfectly playable and you almost can’t spot the difference).

So my guess is, if people on Texas have a little higher latency than what they were used to have, then the problem is tottaly confirmed to be in the link between Verizon and ArenaNet (wich at this point already seems pretty obvious).

ArenaNet probably changed something that is not allowing the Verizon to connect more freely, like Verizon might be on a blacklist of something or whatever, but only ANet can really solve this issue, as it was caused by them.

Kinda off-topic, you should not say too many harsh things about ANet saying that this is probably our ISPs problem, because once one oceanic cable that connected South America to Malasya (and other countries around there) had a problem and our continent could not connect with anything there, so the problem might not always be where you think it is. It’s pretty standar protocol to assume that the people complaining are wrong about some issue, until it gets really massive and then the IT guys finally give up their lazyness and do their work.

Saiki.5147

Let’s spend hundreds of dolars on gem store so they will fix it for us -_-

dovrak.4376

Well, how many “nodes” you have don’t really break your connection if they all are working as intended, the problem here is that you could be really close to ArenaNet servers and still have issues, because we’re having packet loss mainly when we get close to them (verizon business- arenanet), they both are on Texas (…)

Do you realize that NA people don’t have any issues? Yeah they don’t have to go through these nodes, figure it out. This forum would be on fire otherwise and they would fix it instantly. And I don’t know what do you want people to say, I’ am like 1 month (previous dragon patch) being unable to play because I just see people warping around.
Cheers.

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Hello Xxxxxx.

I have read through that entire thread and so far, every single person posting there has the exact same issue. You can clearly see this if you click on their attached ping plotter reports. They are all suffering from extreme amounts of packet loss which again, isn’t coming from the Guild Wars 2 servers. It’s right there in each screen shot of the program, yours included.

In your ping plotter report, not one single “hop” with the exception of the first is free of packet loss. On several of these, you have upwards of 96% packet loss. That means if you sent 100 packets of data, 4 made it to the server intact… 4 packets, out of 100. There is no way the server can maintain your connection when 4/100 packets are making it intact. To put this into perspective, imagine you had to turn in a 100 page essay but only showed up with 4 pages. Would you consider that complete? I wouldn’t and I believe if you think logically about this, you wouldn’t either.

As for why this is not affecting other games or your general Internet connection, that’s actually very easy to answer. Each server you connect to gives you a different route. Meaning if you connect to game A, you are connecting to a different geographical region than game B, not to mention different code, routes and servers. So for example, you can not compare connecting to say Google.com with connecting to Guild Wars 2 because they are hosted in different locations, use different code and route the data to and from the server differently. Thus, comparing game connections from server A (Let’s say World of Warcraft) to game B (Guild Wars 2) are in no way the same. Yes, they both use the Internet to connection but beyond that, the method in which they connect are very different.

Thus, it’s more than possible for you to only have issues connecting to Guild Wars 2 because you do not connect through these “hops” when you connect to say, World of Warcraft. If you are not connecting through these specific hops, you are not getting the same amount of packet loss and thus, are not going to experience the same issues, if any at all.

I hope this makes sense but if I can further explain, please let me know.

While I appreciate the quick answers I have received from support, they have been far from being helpful.

It’s not the servers, it’s the routing. LA players had the same problems a while back with League of legends.

Just close this thread since it’s obviously on our end

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

lanedraex.3691

Well, how many “nodes” you have don’t really break your connection if they all are working as intended, the problem here is that you could be really close to ArenaNet servers and still have issues, because we’re having packet loss mainly when we get close to them (verizon business- arenanet), they both are on Texas (…)

Do you realize that NA people don’t have any issues? Yeah they don’t have to go through these nodes, figure it out. This forum would be on fire otherwise and they would fix it instantly. And I don’t know what do you want people to say, I’ am like 1 month (previous dragon patch) being unable to play because I just see people warping around.
Cheers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Official-response-on-the-Lag-issues-please

Not only some US users have this problem, but europeans are experiencing the same kind of issue, it’s kinda a global issue right now, thanks to some mistake ArenaNet made during the last patch or something around this timeline.

To kushiel:
I’m brazilian not american, and am also having the same problem as everyone here.

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

“I am sorry your ISP is refusing to address this very clear cut issue. However, if they will not address the issue there is nothing we can do. We do not own those connections, we do not have control over your data, that is the sole responsibility of your ISP. If they will not address this issue with you then the best thing I can suggest is to either find another ISP that will address these very real issues or use another network connection.

Again, as much as we want to help, we simply do not have the ability to control the Internet or the method your ISP uses to connect you to the Internet. That again, is their sole responsibility."
That’s the response I got after I checked with my ISP and they told me everything was fine on their side. At this point I don’t know what to do, they clearly have a problem they are not going to assume and therefore it wont be fixed.
First step on solving a problem is to recognize you have it. They, on the other hand, are doing the exact opposite. This is what kitten es me off, plus the fact that I paid for a game that I wont be able to keep playing.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

dovrak.4376

Cheers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Official-response-on-the-Lag-issues-please

Not only some US users have this problem, but europeans are experiencing the same kind of issue, it’s kinda a global issue right now, thanks to some mistake ArenaNet made during the last patch or something around this timeline.

I posted there like 20 days ago (lol), you can search it by yourself, page 2. Also there was a larger thread, now closed I believe, similar topic.
This lag is clearly not affecting majority of US players, those close to servers off course, and this is why I’m pointing out nodes between us (international people) and main servers (which could affect people inside US but far from main nodes).
Forum Wars 2 is amazing, thx Anet.

(edited by dovrak.4376)

Dannz.2490

multiple ISPs having the same issue with Anet servers only.
I play games from other regions, NA, EU and even SEA and they are fine

I’d suggest to Anet to change their ISP too.