6/14 Blackgate/ Jade Quarry/ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I actually think it’s great if SoR & JQ 2v1’s Blackgate and I hope it happens more often

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to SoR when JQ isn’t there. I know JQ still remembers what happened when they didn’t have SoR in their match-up last week…

OO u mean u had more overall coverage then them and won ? congrats plzz keep chest thumping it and insulting jq it only Hurts u esp in a 3 way match

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

REALly again crying 2v1 ?? Ill say it again

SOR FOCUSES BG cause you r the bigger threat because ur coverage

JQ FOCUSES BG cause its smart for them to do so take points where u can

atleast in eb bordlerlands home server always gets 2v1 its just how wvw works

Your SOR argument makes sense but your JQ argument doesn’t.

Whomever holds Stonemist is in the most disadvantaged position for a 2v1. They can’t defend their territory and Stonemist meaning Stonemist usually is the one to fall. What JQ should be focused on is stonewalling BG in the south to ensure they attack SOR. Once they attack SOR’s territory or Stonemist then JQ goes after the other. This effectively splits the SOR territory and gives JQ a chance to get ahead by cleaning up the other target (territory or stonemist). This is using your opponent to your advantage.

What JQ is instead doing is settling for 2 towers and a camp in BG territory while still being massively outscored by SOR which has the same plus Stonemist. Basically they’re riding the kitten seat for some points while not lowering the score of the team that will ultimately end up winning. That’s not really strategy as much as it is attempting to pile onto an opponent while aiming for second place. In other words, your standard JQ affair.

Aaaah you’re so mean to us. No one ever tells us the rules before hand.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

jq has less coverage during na then both SOR and BG

SO they r being smart by taking the easier PPT

u know the whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing

Would be true, but only if JQ doesn’t currently have a queued EBG, which if they do, even numbers are even numbers.

I ment overall na coverage so they gotta take the points they can and boom boom bounce to maximize there ppt

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

I actually think it’s great if SoR & JQ 2v1’s Blackgate and I hope it happens more often

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to SoR when JQ isn’t there. I know JQ still remembers what happened when they didn’t have SoR in their match-up last week…

congrats plzz keep chest thumping it and insulting jq it only Hurts u esp in a 3 way match

Thanks, and I wasn’t chest thumping or insulting JQ. It doesn’t hurt me at all to give my opinion on the match and I believe Blackgate should already be used to getting 2v1’d since they’ve been in this same match-up for months.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Would be true, but only if JQ doesn’t currently have a queued EBG, which if they do, even numbers are even numbers.

I ment overall na coverage so they gotta take the points they can and boom boom bounce to maximize there ppt

If they were playing to maximize points then they kinda failed, easy targets on SoR’s side of EB while they are distracted with BG, and also all of SoR’s borderland is enemy territory at the moment, even a few pieces there would gain more overall.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Nothing new under the sun. Just to take the guessing part out, I wish you were here over the last matchups when the 2v1 was official against SoR because we actually asked for it.
The results can be viewed here:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/41

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: morastarna.6294

morastarna.6294

Truth is in SG its really this simple
Mance: "who should we smash in the face??
Guild: “F” BG lets make them QQ
Mance: okay

Its really that simple.

No big devious Micro or Macro deep thought out strategy.

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

Its really that simple.

Wouldn’t be surprised, it’s a shame you didn’t have anyone to say that to last week.

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

Nothing new under the sun. Just to take the guessing part out, I wish you were here over the last matchups when the 2v1 was official against SoR because we actually asked for it.

ok 1 I don’t think u get the fact that JQ nA coverage lacks in numbers compared to SOR and BG

2 ur asking JQ to give up towers for a chance to get towers or ppt

3 ur server mates insulted jq for the pass week calling them lapdogs boasting about 111k victory over them and saying they r nothing

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Its really that simple.

The dove is in the Hill
Water for the gate
Alpha, Tango, Zebra

in Match-ups

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

This matchup forum is never gonna get old! Makes for good reading. About the supposed 2v1 , do you really think we (JQ) are going to ignore BG after last week?Congrats on the win and the margin but seems the main W3’rs always are out for revenge so everyone should be used to it by now. That or they plan to always hit the #1 server. All I know is our commanders(pin or not) always have a reason to attack whatever so it’s always about putting the server in the best position possible. Less time whining, more time playing BG forum warriors! You make your server look kinda bad.

Anyway if the guardian I fought from IRON (ele with the tentacle backpiece) and lost to before getting swamped near briar on JQBL the other day is reading, got a speargun fractal skin so guess you gave me some luck

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Match-ups

Posted by: morastarna.6294

morastarna.6294

ok 1 I don’t think u get the fact that JQ nA coverage lacks in numbers compared to SOR and BG

2 ur asking JQ to give up towers for a chance to get towers or ppt

3 ur server mates insulted jq for the pass week calling them lapdogs boasting about 111k victory over them and saying they r nothing

Yes we generally just don’t like BG. We will 2v1 them every chance we get

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

Its really that simple.

Wouldn’t be surprised, it’s a shame you didn’t have anyone to say that to last week.

Last week nobody had to ask, it was unanimously known we were smashing DB.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

1 MIRRION GOLD for whoever wins the forum!D
will be paid in Spikes, Porous Bone and as a bonus some ruined ore chunks and logs i got from harvesting with my necro alt last night (dangit, i definitely took the days for not having to switch level appropriate farming tools for granted!). If you haven’t maxed out your bank tabs yet, i suggest you do so now.

can we discuss tactics? good fights? and dare i ask, props to your opposition for said good fights? i wouldn’t mind seeing more videos, BUT only if to showcase some epic times.

or would that be doing it wrong? ; )))

in all cerealness though, i’ve been wanting to jump back into WvW more again lately. so thanks for the fun times, BG and JQ! i’ll admit, i love you guys more than hate.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Its really that simple.

Last week nobody had to ask, it was unanimously known we were smashing DB.

And BG helped in that. Thank you BG!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

Fun night tonight on BGBL! BGA and the Blackgate militia manage to flip T3 Hills from SoR during NA prime! Then we got to farm for over an hour, till we finally lost it again! Lots of fun, hope to see more fights like it in the near future!

P.S. There was minimal skill lag, I LOVED it!

Keep up the good work those that fight on the battlefield and not the forums.

-Gismor

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

well, ty bg for trading your garri in eb for 20% on the wall of a tower

Keep capture came just in time to rally me as you were done steamrolling me trying to protect that one cata.

To all the ppl that complain about big zergs, this is a really good example of a megazerg loosing everything on map and being pushed kitten 2 sides by much smaller zergs.

Fun times on EB, and and QQ time

BG vs SoR matchups are fun, through both the good and the bad times

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: broxigar.8754

broxigar.8754

Score update!!

Chest Thumping
BG : 36 post
JQ : 2 post
SOR : 10 post

QQ (2v1)
BG : 24 post
JQ : 2 post
SOR: 0 post

Jade Quarry | B R O X – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

The 2v1 discussion is getting really really old & repetitive. My only suggestion is to ignore the silly posts because it’s getting really pointless. It has been going on all daaaay & the saaame people are replying. (Ya’ll should get a chatroom). There are far more civil things to talk about as akamon said. Anyways, props to Tsym for the great use of supply traps everywhere in EBG tonight. (They would pop at every corner )

@ balloon – that keep had holes everywhere & your zerg wasn’t much smaller. Our force was 85% pugs being led by a great commander while you had Tsym+servermates.

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Medeyn.8562

Medeyn.8562

I only used the 111k post when a JQ member decided to bad mouth BG. Other than that I’ve been really nice to them & how is that trolling? It’s not like I’m lieing lol

Who are you anyway? Your post history is so fresh it still has that new car smell. I’m a little afraid to read anything you write, what time frame was it that you were bought and devoured by The Black Hole?

I’m Kathy K.6812, I recently bought a Bugatti. Now that you know me perhaps we can be friends? :P This entire “Black Hole” reference should be taken as a compliment.

Blackgate is such an attractive server, guilds decide to go there out of all the other 23 servers & stay until the end.

I also personally think that it sounds a lot better than Beastgate, but thats just me

Death by Black Hole… When scientifically investigating the natural world, the only thing worse than a blind believer is a seeing denier.
Great Fights Guys, love those wxp ranks keep them coming!

You act as though guilds only die in Blackgate, well whatever happened to that huge guild from SoR [SYN] (think it was Synapse)?

Oh yeah they died off; now it looks like SoR has got a Blackhole of their own.

Every server has had a guild that stopped playing gw2 & moved on or just quit entirely and SoR is no exception to that.

[SYN] Merged most of their remaining members into HIRE for better PvX play. SYN was never huge in the first place. They haven’t ‘collapsed’ they just moved into a larger community.

Scyprotek | Retired SEA/OC Commander
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Awesome tower defense in SoR BL =P
Was fun.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

You realize JQ got matched up with a t2 server right. They dont have nearly enough coverage to be compared to a t1 server, therefore your statement isnt viable lol

Hm

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

on a positive note any news on xfers for jQ ? I really hope u guys get some

2x na 20-30 guilds
1x ocx 20-30 guild

I think if u guys got that u would be back up on par with sor and bg in numbers

EITHER way mad respect to jq for doing wut u guys can with the numbers u have and fighting hard

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

The 2v1 discussion is getting really really old & repetitive. My only suggestion is to ignore the silly posts because it’s getting really pointless. It has been going on all daaaay & the saaame people are replying. (Ya’ll should get a chatroom). There are far more civil things to talk about as akamon said. Anyways, props to Tsym for the great use of supply traps everywhere in EBG tonight. (They would pop at every corner )

@ balloon – that keep had holes everywhere & your zerg wasn’t much smaller. Our force was 85% pugs being led by a great commander while you had Tsym+servermates.

Pugs or not, you guys had the numbers to roll over us and jq, you cant imagine how much trouble we went through with those traps :P
Yeah i know, we didnt want you to get supply to patch it up and were waiting you to make your move like you finally did on WC. I was surprised that none waypointed to keep, was it contested?

in Match-ups

Shaojack.3871

GJ everyone, keep up the good fights!

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

We had some amaaaaaaaaaazing fights tonight on JQBL. Thank you to RISE, Choo, Lun, uh… BT? Can’t remember who else. We wiped lots of people, we got wiped in return. Good, good fights. Keep it up.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

You realize JQ got matched up with a t2 server right. They dont have nearly enough coverage to be compared to a t1 server, therefore your statement isnt viable lol

What does JQ being matched up with a T2 server have anything to do with it? JQ is a tier 1 server just as much as BG is and still lost even with SoR’s TW transferring there to help them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

It doesn’t take much to take a supply camp or tower. BG is complaining because they didn’t defend their camps and towers from 5 JQ players. Quit running around in one big zerg. JQ hits SoR all the time with 5-30 people on towers and camps. Depending on the battles currently going on, SoR will defend it or let it be capped and just recapp it later. It is what the smaller server does, what they have to do. If BG ever tried playing when they can’t win, they might know this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Clearly SoR’s success has nothing to do with transfers, all core guilds,

HiRe, Tysm, Ocx, AFS, TW, IRON, SAHP etc SBI, Desolation, IoJ, SoS

At the moment regardless of how you flip the coin, SoR has Late EU/NA EST advantage which allows them to push in BG weak zone, full cap things then plant 80mans on the walls, not that hard to do. We did that to JQ back on SoS, wasn’t because JQ SEA wasn’t beastly it was because we could prepare zones for FoO logging in and we knew how to defend them.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Pugs or not, you guys had the numbers to roll over us and jq, you cant imagine how much trouble we went through with those traps :P
Yeah i know, we didnt want you to get supply to patch it up and were waiting you to make your move like you finally did on WC. I was surprised that none waypointed to keep, was it contested?

Ain’t nobody got time to repair all those holes >:/ Anyways, I don’t usually play on ebg, but tonight was fun. The dragon wings skin dropped for the 2nd time o/ Silly dragon bash achievements are silly.

We need moar [LOVE] in this thread!

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

I only used the 111k post when a JQ member decided to bad mouth BG. Other than that I’ve been really nice to them & how is that trolling? It’s not like I’m lieing lol

Who are you anyway? Your post history is so fresh it still has that new car smell. I’m a little afraid to read anything you write, what time frame was it that you were bought and devoured by The Black Hole?

I’m Kathy K.6812, I recently bought a Bugatti. Now that you know me perhaps we can be friends? :P This entire “Black Hole” reference should be taken as a compliment.

Blackgate is such an attractive server, guilds decide to go there out of all the other 23 servers & stay until the end.

I also personally think that it sounds a lot better than Beastgate, but thats just me

Death by Black Hole… When scientifically investigating the natural world, the only thing worse than a blind believer is a seeing denier.

You act as though guilds only die in Blackgate, well whatever happened to that huge guild from SoR [SYN] (think it was Synapse)?

Every server has had a guild that stopped playing gw2 & moved on or just quit entirely and SoR is no exception to that.

[SYN] Merged most of their remaining members into HIRE for better PvX play. SYN was never huge in the first place. They haven’t ‘collapsed’ they just moved into a larger community.

Samething goes for BG guilds but you don’t see any Blackgate calling SoR a Blackhole :P

in Match-ups

Shaojack.3871

Samething goes for BG guilds but you don’t see any Blackgate calling SoR a Blackhole :P

Maybe he means it in a good way?

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Medeyn.8562

Medeyn.8562

At the moment regardless of how you flip the coin, SoR has Late EU/NA EST advantage which allows them to push in BG weak zone, full cap things then plant 80mans on the walls, not that hard to do. We did that to JQ back on SoS, wasn’t because JQ SEA wasn’t beastly it was because we could prepare zones for FoO logging in and we knew how to defend them.

Ocx barely does wvw, They’ll pull maybe 5-10 on a good night. Oceanic play – BG has more guilds than SoR does. And you’ve recently gotten new transfers and new transformations.

Scyprotek | Retired SEA/OC Commander
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

WTB server that can t receive transfers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Its called a Black hole for the sole fact that many guilds go there only to have their players A) move guilds B.) quit the game C) convert to pve
Some of this is caused by guilds who started bleeding long before they decided to move to BG. The move just put the nail in the coffin. Had they moved sooner, they may have survived. Had they not moved, they may have survived. The thing is, however, it became a almost ritualistic occurrence on BG, hence the nickname the Black hole.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

Why do you always groan about coverage here? You’re either gloating or you’re having a cry. Never the salutes or anything. Just wah wah wah after wah wah wah. You’re so kitten rude. lol. And you weren’t even a good commander in SoS. lol. Leave all the talking to Tarkus plox.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Kathy K.6812

Its called a Black hole for the sole fact that many guilds go there only to have their players A) move guilds B.) quit the game C) convert to pve
The thing is, however, it became a almost ritualistic occurrence on BG, hence the nickname the Black hole.

That’s untrue, although they did have some pve guilds merge into WvW guilds in the distant past…

(edited by Kathy K.6812)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

If they were playing to maximize points then they kinda failed, easy targets on SoR’s side of EB while they are distracted with BG, and also all of SoR’s borderland is enemy territory at the moment, even a few pieces there would gain more overall.

You need to put urself in the enemies position, attack fully upgraded tier 3 towers and keeps full of arrowcarts (which will give more than enough time for a force to respond) or take your easy paper targets….

2v1’s dont just happen without a reason. They happen because you put urself in a position to get 2v1’d. Learn to play the maps correctly.

In EB you get 2v1’d, when one of your outer towers is paper. You display weakness, then you will get targeted. Paper targets are the biggest “attack me” first signs there are….

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Some of this is caused by guilds who started bleeding long before they decided to move to BG. The move just put the nail in the coffin. Had they moved sooner, they may have survived. Had they not moved, they may have survived. The thing is, however, it became a almost ritualistic occurrence on BG, hence the nickname the Black hole.

D.) Continuing to recruit guilds, when they already have proper coverage

Start sending all guilds that approach you to JQ/TC and that name will go away, but until then we will all continue to call your server The Black Hole.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

(edited by Hoots.9564)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I havent checked the forums in a few days. Nice to see things are back to normal

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Shaojack.3871

I havent checked the forums in a few days. Nice to see things are back to normal

You had doubts?!?
Shame on you =D

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

The Blackhole has a losing mentality. When they win, it’s kitten slapping and bragging for everyone to see. As soon as their lead turns, and their not up by 100,000, the fairweather braggerts log off to do their introduction to Algebra homework.

It’s funny, when we get double teamed on SOR, the teamspeak is excited. People are actually happy to finally get some good fights instead of chasing the Blackgate Zerg back to their portal. We have a winning mentality.

I don’t care what you BlackHole posters tell me. It’s obvious what’s happening on that server. You don’t show up when the fights are challenging or the lead disappears. That’s the facts. We can’t find any of you on the map as soon as you fall to second place. We also know you q all your maps when your up by 100,000. We were on JQ bl last week and were trying to set up GVGs with Blackgate guilds that had to q to get in, no matter what map we tried.

Spin it how you want Black Hole. It’s obvious the majority of Black Hole WvW’ers don’t enjoy your community/ts, don’t care about finding good fights, or don’t have much interest in playing if you aren’t in the lead. If you did, there would be more then 40 of you on a map on a Tuesday night when your only down by 10,000.

The Black Hole has two game modes: full speed ahead and brag to everyone about how good you are

or

Quit playing as soon as you lose the lead, rage cry about being 2 v 1’d on the forums, and farm COF to buy the next guild to be swallowed by the Black Hole.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Why do you always groan about coverage here? You’re either gloating or you’re having a cry. Never the salutes or anything. Just wah wah wah after wah wah wah. You’re so kitten rude. lol. And you weren’t even a good commander in SoS. lol. Leave all the talking to Tarkus plox.

And who are you?

Other than a forum warrior, think you need to learn the definition of the word Irony.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

(edited by MagiKarp.8201)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Start sending all guilds that approach you to JQ.

No. Don’t. In fact, tell them I said they look like jerks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaidengaran.3528

Kaidengaran.3528

trolling with broken english…lol.

anyways it’s been a fun week so far. Oceanic fights have been good, we are doing pretty good despite the attention from jq and sor.

Kaidengaran | 80 Warrior |
Co- GM Nocturnal | WvW Oceanic Commander
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

What does JQ being matched up with a T2 server have anything to do with it? JQ is a tier 1 server just as much as BG is and still lost even with SoR’s TW transferring there to help them.

Sorry if I was unclear in my last post. I meant that DB doesnt have enough coverage to be compared to a t1 server. So for you to imply that JQ got wrecked because SoR wasnt there with them still isnt viable.

Hm

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Good fight to that JQ Ele that i fought in front of lowlands, don’t remember the guild tag, but was a good duel until i got flattened by a group. Though I was amazed it lasted it long as it did with you guys having the tower next to us, and SoR sitting in the opposite tower lol.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

It seems to me that JQ is a server that once upon a time was as good as they thought they were. SOR is a server that generally tends to be as good as they think they are. Sadly BG is a server that has never been, isn’t and likely will never be as good as they think they are.

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

It seems to me that JQ is a server that once upon a time was as good as they thought they were. SOR is a server that generally tends to be as good as they think they are. Sadly BG is a server that has never been, isn’t and likely will never be as good as they think they are.

If this isn’t bait, i dunno what is :P

Käï | Sanctum

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

We’re just fine thanks. A post today on our forums from a member of a guild that transferred to BG recently reminded me of this.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)