6/21: DH / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

Being from DH, and playing lots of WvW, We are NOT teaming with ioj. IMHO, IOJ, waits for us to hit something, and then takes advantage the best they can of the situation. If they know we are hitting your keep, they simply go take something while most of you are busy with us.

I agree with this.

As far as NSP being outmaned, I can tell you, you guys have handed us our behinds in battles lots of times. Even came close to taking our entire DH Border Lands. There have been many nights we have had to Run to this side of the map to fight of IOJ, then run back and fight NSP on the other side of the map.

I also agree with this. We all think we are outnumbered but in reality I think we ahve the same numbers if we poll all our WvW player in one map. (Well, except for DH who totally outnumbers IoJ and NSP combined.) . Don’t deny it.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

Entropy, please l2read. The only people here claiming doubleteam are the trolls and the excuse makers.
I was in NSP BL for hours tonight and I fought against more IOJ players than NSP.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Match-ups

Tukmolytes.3467

All I want is a fair fight. NSP accepts our constant outmanned buff gracefully. We accept whatever is thrown at us. IOJ has some good players, but what we won’t accept is an unfair fight. I am also very suspicious about the timing of all this. IOJ decides to team up with DH at the exact moment that NSP starts to catch up in points? Hmmmmm…. Pretty obvious.

It is only natural for the third placed server think that the first two server is double teaming them, I understand it. But the reality is. IoJ hates DH for freakin’ 5 months now.

About your points here is my explanation. Yesterday I saw NSP points was so close I have to tell my fellow commanders (or beg them) “Please hit NSP, we will be flamed in the forums if we let them catch up”. Too bad though no one even heed my call, they want to be first place so much and give DH a run for their money.

So what I did is bring my guild to NSP BL eager to get at least hills. After hills people came pouring in and we took everything so you see how happy I am last night. Eventually the lead went back to 6k which I think is a comfortable lead.

Honest NSP, we like to fight you again. I failed 2x in getting your BL and won once. In my book you still have the number over me at least.

All I say is, stop the whining. Accept the loss and get back fighting. A loss is a loss even if you have been PvDoored (that’s what everyone is claiming when they lose).

IoJ never rant about PvDoors or whatever. We have been toughened by our experiences. You can ask DH, we fought them for so long and in our mind we can never win with their numbers but still we try and try and try.

This has been a good match. I hope to see NSP without DH in the next matchups. Don’t worry DH I still love you.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Power Ranger

(edited by Tukmolytes.3467)

in Match-ups

Tukmolytes.3467

Well, where was this Isle of Darkhaven alliance tonight when I got killed by IoJ about 7 times??? Bah, I am trying to keep my death count low here people.

Only in our enemy’s mind Miss Firess, only in their mind.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Power Ranger

in Match-ups

Tukmolytes.3467

Entropy, please l2read. The only people here claiming doubleteam are the trolls and the excuse makers.
I was in NSP BL for hours tonight and I fought against more IOJ players than NSP.

Shhh, they may know that the alliance is only an illusion.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Power Ranger

in Match-ups

Tukmolytes.3467

Here is a little of the double teaming going on…….

Nice aim IoJ, we got DESTROYED.

Oh wow is this in Lake? Yeah I was the one with the arrowcart in the Lord’s room. Too many bags I have left around 8-10 bags of loot coz I was full. Hopefully none of those bag contained a pre-cursor.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Power Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: getwaldoed.7304

getwaldoed.7304

Here is a little of the double teaming going on…….

Nice aim IoJ, we got DESTROYED.

Oh wow is this in Lake? Yeah I was the one with the arrowcart in the Lord’s room. Too many bags I have left around 8-10 bags of loot coz I was full. Hopefully none of those bag contained a pre-cursor.

I think it may have shown up in a steel box. No need to get your hopes up!

in Match-ups

Posted by: ShockStun.7453

ShockStun.7453

Interesting match-up this week has been. Good luck on your resets. Let’s not see each other again for a few weeks DH! <3

Shock

in Match-ups

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Really, it comes down to NSP seems to be giving up. The further they get behind, the fewer I see playing. I HATE the idea of taking advantage of lack of numbers.

Coming from Ferguson’s crossing, I know IOJ got such a tickle out of taking all our stuff. I know IOJ did have a agreement with FC Commanders. They LET FC have 2nd to destroy the third team. So I paid the cash and moved to DH. I simply don’t agree with alliance.

Yes this week has put a smile on my face. We have taken IOJ keep a few times, So enjoyed steam rolling there zergs. Funny part is, we on DH KNOW karma is gonna bite us long and hard in the behind, its just a question of time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Really, it comes down to NSP seems to be giving up. The further they get behind, the fewer I see playing. I HATE the idea of taking advantage of lack of numbers.

Coming from Ferguson’s crossing, I know IOJ got such a tickle out of taking all our stuff. I know IOJ did have a agreement with FC Commanders. They LET FC have 2nd to destroy the third team. So I paid the cash and moved to DH. I simply don’t agree with alliance.

Yes this week has put a smile on my face. We have taken IOJ keep a few times, So enjoyed steam rolling there zergs. Funny part is, we on DH KNOW karma is gonna bite us long and hard in the behind, its just a question of time.

So many people get uppity over the thought of an alliance…

Everything that IoJ has proposed is NOT an alliance its just a simple truce where we both attack the strongest server rather than each other…

But it seems people dont get that idea and immediatly go against it, IoJ is a stronger server than DR, FC and NSP we dont need any other servers help to beat those servers,
We just want a matchup that is close in score rather than the strong server getting a huge lead and the other 2 fighting for second.

Why is that so hard to understand? We dont want an alliance, we just want people to know who the real enemy is!!!

Make DH work for the points, make them work for the win, not have them do anything they wanted because they have such a large lead!

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natar.3671

Natar.3671

It’s reset day. Go kill each other in wvw instead of forum wars

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

EDIT: Look at that double team Dark Isle of Janthaven for the win! (dont mind our corner in eb gettin flogged) >.>
And again, we started in your borderlands ninjaring hills off of dh with 6 people, we now have nearly 15 roaming around, and little to no NSP, whats the go!

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

(edited by KinkyGiraffe.4123)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noroz.9527

Noroz.9527

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

EDIT: Look at that double team Dark Isle of Janthaven for the win! (dont mind our corner in eb gettin flogged) >.>
And again, we started in your borderlands ninjaring hills off of dh with 6 people, we now have nearly 15 roaming around, and little to no NSP, whats the go!

We have an extreme lack of coverage. That’s what’s keeping us in the lower tiers.

Commander Noroz Vi Britannia
Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

We have an extreme lack of coverage. That’s what’s keeping us in the lower tiers.

Your siege placement for defense isnt all that good, first an ac that can be aoed, then a balista…then decided to get a catapult up to hit our rams, 1 ac on that cliff would have done it for us! Or balista! Lol

I know pugs will be pugs, but there was a commander there! :P

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natar.3671

Natar.3671

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

Your siege placement for defense isnt all that good, first an ac that can be aoed, then a balista…then decided to get a catapult up to hit our rams, 1 ac on that cliff would have done it for us! Or balista! Lol

as much as i hate to say it, not all commanders are good. it takes time for them to improve

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

No kidding with this.
Within the last hour, me and two others built a treb in NSP’s keep, knocked down langor’s wall while our commander was busy at IOJ’s keep, 3 manned Langor, then took the Mine, then 4-5 manned QL…
At any of these times, not a single NSP was soon or heard…

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

Dear IOJ and NSP:
I am sitting in NSP orb arena. I am looking for a fight. It is possible I am tipsy. Please do not bring a zerg (again). <3

At The Vanguard.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Alright so I’m just awake.
I have to say reading these last 2 pages saddens me.

Its a shame I have to share WvW with idiots.
This is like watching all those WoW nubs screaming and getting excited over Kungfu Panda online coming out.

Attacking the third place server when you’re first makes you bad. And you should feel bad.

Now looking at those split coloured maps. Yeh I can see a bit of someone QQ’ing about something in there. Most definitely.
But knowing its IoJ and that they’re so mad they can only attack NSP just makes me howl in laughter.
Hold on. Hold on. What has your endeavourer cost you?
-40 rating
LOOOL
NSP? Nearly +30

Maybe we’re doing so much better and care a lot less because we can count. LOL

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Check out this PvDoor action that all the IoJ players have refused to believe happens nearly every nighttime.

Lol attack Darkhaven, yeh right.

“But thats only after we focused you”

Lol. No.
Its about the same.

Fail

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

MOAR LINEBREAKS!

Come duel me, Birdy. I need practice against guards.

At The Vanguard.

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

This is like watching all those WoW nubs screaming and getting excited over Kungfu Panda online coming out.

Attacking the third place server when you’re first makes you bad. And you should feel bad.

Now looking at those split coloured maps. Yeh I can see a bit of someone QQ’ing about something in there. Most definitely.
But knowing its IoJ and that they’re so mad they can only attack NSP just makes me howl in laughter.
-40 rating
LOOOL
NSP? Nearly +30

Um, if you didnt notice, youre in 3rd place

We’re clearly a better server than you, “its a shame i have to share wvw with idiots”

Shouldnt talk about your server like that, especially the guys that sit on outer meanwhile we have our guys killing your keep lord…

“But knowing its IoJ and that they’re so mad they can only attack NSP just makes me howl in laughter.” We can take DH to a degree, our Oceanics can stomp theirs, but our NA/euro time cops a flogging sometimes, and when theirs a 3rd server attacking us then, it makes it twice as hard! Look at the scores, we’re 30k behind DH, now imagine if NSP hit them as hard as we did from the start of the week? Imagine how much closer the scores would be, but instead you guys forced our hand and made us wipe your borderlands with your “ethics” and “morals” no “alliances” Have fun being a 3rd place server the rest of your life whilst we’re here playing for first!

Thankyou for the laughs NSP, Was a lot of fun stomping you the past couple of days

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

Starkk, I’m disappointed. That was your guard that waved at me earlier and wouldn’t fight?

At The Vanguard.

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Check out this PvDoor action that all the IoJ players have refused to believe happens nearly every nighttime.

Lol attack Darkhaven, yeh right.

“But thats only after we focused you”

Lol. No.
Its about the same.

Fail

Not one person denies our oceanic dominance…we all love it. Dont be another DR and constantly complain about our nighttime crew! Look what happened to them last time We came into this matchup focusing Darkhaven, Nom(Gavin) passed the breaking point with NSP, made the rest of us not care anymore, NSP wanted a 3way matchup…NSP got a 3 way matchup! We could have focused DH all week, but you guys kept poking the bear! <3

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Starkk, I’m disappointed. That was your guard that waved at me earlier and wouldn’t fight?

Down at briar? yes ><

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

Got zerged (again) by NSP. Done for the night. Thank you to the ONE engi from NSP that came for some fun. No thanks to Starkk who pressed me into indentured servitude.

At The Vanguard.

in Match-ups

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I don’t think we expected to do that good TBH. NSP was on the brink to get into tier 8 when they changed the match up system and since we lost 1 or 2 guild. Quite frankly it’s a big surprise for me that we could hold our own in the last few match even if every week we are the weak server by 4 rank in the match up. The Anet’s sytem also expected that we would be crushed and that is why we are getting crazy rating every match.

As of right now IoJ night crew is about to get to bed and our morning crew is about to log in.

I really love Outmanned. I spend a lot on siege and in the last few weeks my bank account is going up instead of losing a little every day. Wexp is also great.

Heiann – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

lol

just lol that you think tag teaming a 3rd place server, 4 positions behind you in rankings at the start of the week, on a friday, in their off hours is an achivement worthy of bragging.

oh IOJ, i sincerely hope this is not a representation of your server. Spent a whole week begging for a double team while NSP were not focusing ioj, most we took was stonemist and one of your eb towers, and i had 20 golems sitting in DH bl all day, then crying about it some more on forums, then double teaming (aka scavenging cos it looks like DH is just doing their own thing). Good job, you did you server good today… oh wait you still lost a rank and we gained one? awks.

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

lol

just lol that you think tag teaming a 3rd place server, 4 positions behind you in rankings at the start of the week, on a friday, in their off hours is an achivement worthy of bragging.

oh IOJ, i sincerely hope this is not a representation of your server. Spent a whole week begging for a double team while NSP were not focusing ioj, most we took was stonemist and one of your eb towers, and i had 20 golems sitting in DH bl all day, then crying about it some more on forums, then double teaming (aka scavenging cos it looks like DH is just doing their own thing). Good job, you did you server good today… oh wait you still lost a rank and we gained one? awks.

Awks, we lost the rank to DH…Yknow that server that just stomped both of us? Yeah that one! Its funny that you think im bragging, we’re clearly a better server especially in oceanic. Its WvW remember, dpuble teams happen, we’re doing whats fun to us, and what is currently fun is flipping all your kitten you had your chance, but you chose to go against us and not with us with that whole “Teaming up is cheating” deal! Which is hilarious by the way

EDIT: We werent begging by the way, we were expecting NSP to have the logic to focus the stronger server, but your forum warriors thought otherwise, we needed you to beat DH, we dont need DH to beat you

Please ANET, put us with NSP and DR, that matchup will be perfect!

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Oh god. People taking about ratings are tiers like It meant something these days LOL.

NSP, its the last day of the week. The scores wont change. We all know who the first, second and 3rd is gonna be, so WHO GIVES A KITTEN at this point? I don’t even. IoJ only has more rating because on the past match-ups was a faceroll ( talking about the one with FC & DR) Yeah, we gained a lot of rating there. Then we actually gave AR and SBI some fun. More rating. Point is, it has nothing to do with it. We all knew DH was going to be the strongest in this match up doesn’t matter their ratings or the color like seriously It doesn’t even matter.

I LOL’d oh so much at the NSP guys basically saying double teaming is a crime. Its a 3 way fight, someone is ALWAYS double teaming the other without even knowing. It’s not like NSP didnt cap our BL or hit our EB corner or NINJA’D SM while we were fighting DH right? Guess that doesn’t count as double teaming because you guys had no idea.

I always try keeping it clean on every match up and respectful but it obviously hasn’t worked out. Still, lots of respect for those that deserve it.

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

-40 rating
LOOOL
NSP? Nearly +30

DevonCarver
The concept of tiers has little meaning at this point and you should try to stop thinking of matchups in those terms. Servers are matched up by proximity of rating, not proximity of “tier”. If the tiers have ratings that are within the range of the random adjustment, they can end up fighting each other. This is going to result in blowouts, no doubt about it. However, we are not going to make changes to this after just 2 weeks of the system. There are things we can do. We will almost certainly end up adjusting the total added to each server rating to group the matchups a little more closely. First however, we need to let the ratings adjust by having more varied matchups like these. If you look at EU, which is using the exact same system, you can see matchups with numerous surprising results. The same will likely be true by the end of the NA matchup.
TL;DR: We are going to wait at least a couple more weeks before changing any of the math behind the new system, but it is very likely we’ll decrease the size of the variation at some point.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Server-Match-up-is-TERRIBLE/first

But hey, nobody cares, right?

Right.

And @ Bird Song, within 1 hour of our little discussion about "let’s see how the next 24h plays out, 3 towers in our BL had flipped blue.

Can’t wait to play you guys again sometime.

You’re good players, tenacious fighters, and the golem defense taught us something we haven’t seen before. But like we said on Tuesday…just deal with it. We’re tired of this kitten thread anyway.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

lol

Awks, we lost the rank to DH…Yknow that server that just stomped both of us? Yeah that one! Its funny that you think im bragging, we’re clearly a better server especially in oceanic. Its WvW remember, dpuble teams happen, we’re doing whats fun to us, and what is currently fun is flipping all your kitten you had your chance, but you chose to go against us and not with us with that whole “Teaming up is cheating” deal! Which is hilarious by the way

EDIT: We werent begging by the way, we were expecting NSP to have the logic to focus the stronger server, but your forum warriors thought otherwise, we needed you to beat DH, we dont need DH to beat you

We already fought them many time.

You guys are losing ranking because you were expected to win this match and yet you come here bragging superiority to a tier 7(almost tier 8 ) server that is pretty much aware of it own position.

When you look at it this is still a close match up and on the old system we would have been probably locked together for many weeks. I’m looking at your server history and you guys had quite a drop what happened? Tier 1 to us???

Heiann – NSP

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

lol

We already fought them many time.

You guys are losing ranking because you were expected to win this match and yet you come here bragging superiority to a tier 7(almost tier 8 ) server that is pretty much aware of it own position.

When you look at it this is still a close match up and on the old system we would have been probably locked together for many weeks. I’m looking at your server history and you guys had quite a drop what happened? Tier 1 to us???

Mass exodus of January 2013, 1 big guild said they were leaving, and it snow balled from there, as the free transfers were closing a lot of the guilds didnt want to be stuck on a PvE based server…even though we were t2-t1. A lot went to Fort Aspenwood and they ended up being the same/lower server than what we were! Its sad that it happened, but IoJ is definatly a much closer/stronger server because of it!

WvW was dead after the exodus, myself, Counter Barrier, Nudibranch among a few others kept on fighting and a lot of our commanders are close now <3

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Me and my pet were double teaming a Zerg of IoJ last night. Props to you guys for withstanding my drake rush. I give you my respect!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noroz.9527

Noroz.9527

The reason we (me, at least) don’t think highly of you, IoJ, is that you think you will get a bigger kitten from winning against a server that has no coverage as compared to you.

When you are up against a server like DH, that actually has coverage, you come in 2nd. If we had equal footing, as in numbers online, you know just as well as us that we would beat you.

Yet, you show up and say that you are so much better than us? Hell no. Our prime would crush your oceanic. If we get some oceanic transfers or our current oceanic players to join WvW, you’ll see why we can hold our own and constantly gain point on millenium.

Tiers may not matter, but they reflect expectations from different servers. Look at our points there since randomization, and that reflects what NSP is, and has been.

kitten good.

Commander Noroz Vi Britannia
Northern Shiverpeaks
[AS] Artificial Strife

in Match-ups

GavinGoodrich.1382

Noroz it never was about “winning” against NSP. You guys have our respect when it comes to skill. Believe me. We all feel that way. Our grudge comes from the way we play—we hit the biggest server constantly, week after week, no matter what. I dunno on what page or who said we were “better.” kitten that, you guys are outstanding players. Who the kitten said that? They oughta be castrated. You guys rock.

Stonemist may have been one time, but hey…If you don’t want to deal with the consequences, don’t do it. Like i said from the day it happened. This is more about payback due to frustration vs. trying to win vs. a team that we have no business fighting when there’s another bigger server to fight.

It’s a week-long match. If you kitten off a team you deal with the consequences. Neither of us are more right than the other, this is simply how we deal with it. A lot of NSP were like “lol whatever” on tuesday night, and happily farmed us into oblivion. We got our arses handed to us on a blue platter with little blue toothpicks sticking into each of our little green arses.

When Wed. and Thurs. came around and our Oceanics turned up the heat, suddenly it was “oh well we got all these stats that say we rocked your face anyway.” I mean make up your mind. Do you care or not? I do. Both servers hitting DH means DH actually has to sweat it out, and hey on thursday/friday all THREE servers dictate who gets 1st, not 1 server deciding who gets 2nd. Way more fun, right?

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

The reason NSP gets stomped at night is because we simply don’t have the coverage. That’s the only reason. We need to get more oceanics here.

Now, that said, the fact that some of you IoJ are bragging “lul we tuld yoo dis wuz gonna happen!” is ridiculous. It’s been like this for forever. The daytime is all good, but then people have to sleep.

Well, guess what? The sun has risen, it’s a new day, and NSP is going to come out to play. Chances are, we’re going to be outmanned, but we’ll hold our own regardless. Eventually we’ll be leading in ppt again, because we’re NSP, muthas!

See ya’ on the battlefield. Later, anyway. Haha.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Noroz it never was about “winning” against NSP. You guys have our respect when it comes to skill. Believe me. We all feel that way. Our grudge comes from the way we play—we hit the biggest server constantly, week after week, no matter what. I dunno on what page or who said we were “better.” kitten that, you guys are outstanding players. Who the kitten said that? They oughta be castrated. You guys rock.

Stonemist may have been one time, but hey…If you don’t want to deal with the consequences, don’t do it. Like i said from the day it happened. This is more about payback due to frustration vs. trying to win vs. a team that we have no business fighting when there’s another bigger server to fight.

It’s a week-long match. If you kitten off a team you deal with the consequences. Neither of us are more right than the other, this is simply how we deal with it. A lot of NSP were like “lol whatever” on tuesday night, and happily farmed us into oblivion. We got our arses handed to us on a blue platter with little blue toothpicks sticking into each of our little green arses.

When Wed. and Thurs. came around and our Oceanics turned up the heat, suddenly it was “oh well we got all these stats that say we rocked your face anyway.” I mean make up your mind. Do you care or not? I do. Both servers hitting DH means DH actually has to sweat it out, and hey on thursday/friday all THREE servers dictate who gets 1st, not 1 server deciding who gets 2nd. Way more fun, right?

so in translation, you are mad because we took sm, oh im sorry for playing the game.

NSP wakittenting DH for majority of the time, You got nerd rage, claimed glory for DT and now the whole forum thinks you’re a scrub

gg

Smitry / Spets
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

when theirs a 3rd server attacking us then, it makes it twice as hard!

OMG, I love you “Kinky G”! I spit my coffee all over my computer screen this morning when I read this. I already have nightmares about IOJ HARD guys…..Twice as hard now. That’s what she said?

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

in Match-ups

GavinGoodrich.1382

You’re not gonna get or retain more oceanics if you pick fights with servers that would rather fight another server but get tired of dealing with ya and would rather vent their frustration on ya for the rest of the week. Like i said, your pug population will suffer, recruiting will suffer, oceanic presence will suffer. You’re not helping yourself at all by any of this.

If you wanna rebuild, you gotta rebuild smart. Doing things that have consequences that hurt your server’s population is dumb and you should feel dumb.

And you wonder why you have a lower population, and continue to? You guys are good, but you’re not gonna get any bigger by doing things that provoke a double team that leave you with tier 1/2 keeps going into your prime.

Y’all really don’t have the big picture thought out at all, do ya…

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

If you wanna rebuild, you gotta rebuild smart. Doing things that have consequences that hurt your server’s population is dumb and you should feel dumb.

You had 3 options.

1) fight NSP+IOJ VS DH (NSP did not want to officially double team but were focus DH anyway)
2) fight NSP vs IOJ vs DH (this option was clearly too difficult)
3) throw a nerd ragefit and fight NSP vs IOJ + DH (since you know, NSP is such a big threat)

Say what you want about “consequences” but after all this is a game, and NSP players know who they are, and now everyone knows who you are … lol

Smitry / Spets
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Spets the MilkBandit.9031)

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

You’re not gonna get or retain more oceanics if you pick fights with servers that would rather fight another server but get tired of dealing with ya and would rather vent their frustration on ya for the rest of the week. Like i said, your pug population will suffer, recruiting will suffer, oceanic presence will suffer. You’re not helping yourself at all by any of this.

And you wonder why you have a lower population, and continue to? You guys are good, but you’re not gonna get any bigger by doing things that provoke a double team that leave you with tier 1/2 keeps going into your prime.

Y’all really don’t have the big picture thought out at all, do ya…

Nomy, you obviously don’t know anything about NSP. lol.

People don’t leave NSP because of the attitude we have. In fact, that’s what makes it harder to leave. Guilds leave because of our lack of coverage and the fact that we lose because of it. I was in a guild of 30+ active WvW-ers (we looked like a zerg at prime time) that transferred out for those reasons.

We’re not doing anything to push people away. Plus, who says we want to “rebuild”?

YOU seem to be pushing people away. Let’s say that IoJ and NSP did double-team DH to make the score even. If we then stopped the double-teaming, who’d win? DARKHAVEN. If we continued to double-team, who’d win? Either IoJ or NSP. Guess what? That’s unfair to Darkhaven.

That’s why double-teaming is stupid. The bigger server will always come out on top once you stop teaming. If you don’t stop teaming, it’s unfair and makes the teaming servers look like kitten.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Basically, I’d say that Darkhaven deserves to win this match against us. They have better coverage and bigger numbers. It’s totally fine for them to win. They should win. So go out and just have some fun fighting! This is why they introduced the new matchup system, you know? To get better matchups. Play how you would normally play, don’t just try to beat out a server that you know should win. If you do that, who knows where you’ll end up in the tiers! You’ll probably end up fighting servers who’ll kick your kitten .

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ocelot.4278

Ocelot.4278

but OMNOMNOMNOMNOM NSP

Oh look, That’s me! (yay)
The ballista and catapult were my doing. ill explane why
If i had time to prepare there positions would of been changed. But there was already a ballista made by you guys, that could shoot a ballista built to cover the door of enemy rams(the one close to where i placed a cata in your SS).*

As i ran straght in to the supply in tower i saw a few of us killing a AC site you were building near your ballista, so from the tower supply i droped the blueprint out of range of your balista but in range of the AC also giving ballista coverage to a far bit of the ground.

THAT done i then go to the spot in the SS, line up your balista and put a cata out of its line of fire using the cliff and being in range to bomb your siege and rams..now there was near max supply when i arrived and not many people, 3-4 in the tower and a couple fighing outside/pushing to siege or just doin there own thing..

And as i grab the scraps of the supply one of your mesmers sucked me off the cliff killing me with the last of the sup, and the catapult unfinished(+1 to you mes)

I run all the way back from spawn, into tower and find the build site still there…
I finish it…
And damm…its the wrong way!
Start spinning it around to nuke the siege
Door fall’s….sad face GG

*ALSO in your SS the catapult is finished. meaning this SS is within 10-30 seconds of the door falling? that’s why im targeted on your screen and your all loling? our chat was quite and i missed the door % and was focused on finishing that cata to couter your siege(after running all the way back from spawn hoping it wasnt AoEed from the tunnle,and wasnt).

In hindsight you can always find things to do different..but besides maybe not being louder about building some counter siege, i think my siege…well..the idea behind it is good, and learnt from following some of our more dedicated commander during assaults and defends (Noroz being one of them)

Also i have to say that before this, when u took garrison…. that guy that came in right as you were capping it..that was me, and that was the 1st time we saw you inside(very much to late)we gathered 8 people being unable 2 start siegecrusher to take dawn were in the garrison, at the wall you were trebbing trying to come up with something..

I finished siege to cover the hole and went to build siege on the inner west garrison gate..but was met with a sea of red names and a green ring in lords as i jump down. Sad face GG

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

OMG, I love you “Kinky G”! I spit my coffee all over my computer screen this morning when I read this. I already have nightmares about IOJ HARD guys…..Twice as hard now. That’s what she said?

Not sure if having a go…or being legit

either way I LOVE YOU TOO “TOGO C”

Basically, I’d say that Darkhaven deserves to win this match against us. They have better coverage and bigger numbers. It’s totally fine for them to win. They should win. So go out and just have some fun fighting! This is why they introduced the new matchup system, you know? To get better matchups. Play how you would normally play, don’t just try to beat out a server that you know should win. If you do that, who knows where you’ll end up in the tiers! You’ll probably end up fighting servers who’ll kick your kitten .

YOU seem to be pushing people away. Let’s say that IoJ and NSP did double-team DH to make the score even. If we then stopped the double-teaming, who’d win? DARKHAVEN. If we continued to double-team, who’d win? Either IoJ or NSP. Guess what? That’s unfair to Darkhaven.

That’s why double-teaming is stupid. The bigger server will always come out on top once you stop teaming. If you don’t stop teaming, it’s unfair and makes the teaming servers look like kitten.

Wheres the sense of competition!? What kind of attitude is that! Oh that servers got a better coverage, lets just let them win?

DH probably care about winning as much as the rest of us! They want a good close match up. We’re 2 weaker servers, DH is the stronger server, how is it wrong to gang up on them? How is it wrong to make them work for the win? Why give them the win so easily!

I dont understand you NSP guys, youre in your on little world!

Youre going into the same bag as DR though

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

I finished siege to cover the hole and went to build siege on the inner west garrison gate..but was met with a sea of red names and a green ring in lords as i jump down. Sad face GG

Thats all understandable, but with a paper tower taking out the balista should have been the least of your worries, the ram should have been top priority, im pretty sure you should have been able to put an ac on the cliff edge out of site from the balista! And if all else fails, an AC behind the gate never hurts, just a friendly heads up! Dawns is a very easy tower to defend, but paper gates, lack of supply, players and call outs makes it understandable! Also our group was low on pugs and mainly more experienced WvWers that knew what they were doing, we were going to get that tower one way or another

Oh and also, im glad the distraction treb worked! Our attack on water gate took a while to get going as people didnt quite understand and DH were being annoying!

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

GavinGoodrich.1382

I made a reply, it got badly formatted, wasn’t even worth redoing it.

pfffft.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Not sure if having a go…or being legit

either way I LOVE YOU TOO “TOGO C”

Wheres the sense of competition!? What kind of attitude is that! Oh that servers got a better coverage, lets just let them win?

DH probably care about winning as much as the rest of us! They want a good close match up. We’re 2 weaker servers, DH is the stronger server, how is it wrong to gang up on them? How is it wrong to make them work for the win? Why give them the win so easily!

I dont understand you NSP guys, youre in your on little world!

Youre going into the same bag as DR though

It’s still a competition, crazy person. lol. It’s just stupid to purposely beat one server into the ground. It’s no fun, either.

For the record, we do focus DH. Yes, we may attack IoJ, but we focus DH.

And what was with the SM thing two nights ago? Us NSP peeps got into SM when IoJ was attacking, ran along the wall to kill siege, and distracted DH. When we died, we came back. But when IoJ got the first gate down, you all apparently wiped and never came back. WHY NOT, HM? Y U NO DOUBLE-TEAM DH? At least if one of us would’ve got it, we would have weakened them. They had a waypoint there! That’s a big deal! NSP can’t take those numbers alone, but with IoJ’s help, one of us could have had SM.

See how stupid it is to complain? I mean, it’s true! If you guys came back, DH would’ve been screwed.

Not every server plays the way you do, and you IoJ need to get over it. We were confused as to why you didn’t take the SM opportunity, for example, but we’re not raging about it.

Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by zTales.4392)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MegaManExpert.8413

MegaManExpert.8413

Apparently this forum fight did not die out completely as I though, which makes me sad. I will try to give insight on what happened last night(8 PM EST) and will take full responsibility for this supposedly “Double Team” fight on Northern Shiver Peaks.

When I logged in last night to TS Logan from CORE was talking about the forum war here and how it devolved into a shouting match between our three major commanders and NSP. Then supposedly Logan was contacted by a DH commander that they where going to apply pressure on NSP and if IoJ would like to join in. Logan communicated this info to the rest of the commanders to IoJ on EB. It did not have to take much to motivate the commander to focus a bit on NSP and so we left a few scouts (Including me) at Kloven and Wildcreek and see if DH will try to pull a ninja as we hit NSP. After awhile DH started to put pressure on NSP and only came to our end of EB for Rogues and dredge. Logan then felt that it was safe to leave EB and take all the CORE members and take hills in NSP BL and upgrade it and see if he can take all of NSP BL.

After Logan left EB, Debilitator tagged up and took control of the IoJ Zerg. Since we assumed that NSP was still bitter about the forum war, I convinced him to continue to hit NSP and not focus on DH. Since DH was not hitting us except for the odd rush in capping Rogues, I figured it would be a wise move to not give them a reason to hit IoJ. If we hit DH or Stone Mist DH would of pulled out from NSP corner and focus on IoJ, which in turn would of been a “Double Team” on IoJ since NSP would re-cap all there towers and camps and focus on IoJ as well.

So blame me for orchestrating this “Double Team” on NSP because I was the one telling the commander to hit NSP and told the IoJ EB Pugs to not hit DH. If I felt confident enough that NSP would push DH after IoJ took the brunt of the DH zerg. Then I would of taken the opportunity of DH opening to take SM or there towers or keep.

But from what I observed here on the forums and the fact that NSP have repeatedly shown much more focus on IoJ (Took our EB keep 5 times before I got on), Logan and I called the plan on bringing the hammer down on NSP to prevent the hammer on coming down on IoJ. So yes, we did “Double Team” you but it was to prevent Us from getting double teamed in return. Say what you will about the “Double Teaming” as a cheat, but I saw it as a way to prevent a crushing blow to IoJ. If you took the offer to put pressure on DH awhile back, things would of turned out differently last night.

Proud Commander for Isle of Janthar
Laspo Yorick – Mesmer
Samson Longshanks – Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Being from DH I can say its been a great week. NSP really gave us a great fight. I really don’t understand why your point’s are not higher.
Yes, we took your keep several times, Sorry, you guys should of never tried to overtake our entire BL.
Taking a few Towers and Maybe a keep or two once in while is fine, but to try and overtake our entire BL was simply something that made our server want to beat you that much more.
We have gone after IOJ keep. Got it a couple of times. One time we rolled in there with 9 or 10 golems.
Best of luck with the new match ups. You guys gave us some great fights. Hope you do well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

This sums up a WvW matchup thread to me. Enjoy!

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend