6/28 Maguuma/Tarnished Coast/Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

The mods are so adorable.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Wow what happened to the happy go lucky, cheery o TC so trolly lately sheesh.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

Meh. It’s nothing personal. You guys are just playing to win and did what you had to do. It’s a combination of being annoyed at everyone trolling TC for being bad at engagements and then getting AC creeped in a keep with 5-15 defenders and no siege by 20-40enemies, especially when we intentionally let both Mag and SoS in for an epic fight andjust being annoyed at the match ups in general. I think a lot are on edge because of how bad the match ups have been. I raided in SoSBL with my guild today, and it was basically a queued map running around capping camps, and we couldn’t get anywhere there was action because everyone and their mother instantly hopped to whatever map wasn’t blue.

Anyway, <3 u guiz for showing up and fighting. Sorry for being grouchy. I was just a little disappointed with how that siege played out. Would’ve done things differently if I thought that’d happen, so it’s really my fault.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

Its what happens when we win, unfortunately. TC is akittens best when it’s losing

i don’t know why at and its got censored >.>

in Match-ups

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Sadly some people are just bad winners.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Its what happens when we win, unfortunately. TC is akittens best when it’s losing

i don’t know why at and its got censored >.>

Because Anet’s censor thinks you’re saying breasts lol

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Once, I had a PPT.

JQ would love to have PYRO

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

PYRO transferring to JQ????

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Farewell, PYRO. It’s been great running with you and I’ll miss you, as I’m sure most of Maguuma will as well. When Paralda told me you were transferring, I admit I was a bit shocked, but I’m sure you’ll find some good fights there.

gb

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

You guys were great opponents when we went against you on FA, i wish thee the best of luck and my the zerg be ever in your favor

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Once, I had a PPT.

I won’t allow you to take the frontline yin to our backline yang.

[PYRO] and [DERP] sitting in a tree.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Once, I had a PPT.

Tsarazi didn’t tell you? [DERP] is coming, too. We’re combining guilds: [DARPYRO].

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Update to the PYRO situation-

Apparently known deviant Parara-kun has sold the guild to JQ, and he himself will not be transferring. Still trying to find out what he got in return besides shame…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Farewell, PYRO. It’s been great running with you and I’ll miss you, as I’m sure most of Maguuma will as well. When Paralda told me you were transferring, I admit I was a bit shocked, but I’m sure you’ll find some good fights there.

gb

No i didnt say that. I mean, JQ would love to have PYRO.

PS. Also if JQ are getting any transfers, they are kept confidential until confirmed on the recruitment thread in the other sub-forum.

2ns PS. JQ loves you /hugs

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Ty mag for gvg earlier. And hi to the spectators.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Ty mag for gvg earlier. And hi to the spectators.

Awe has a special place in Maguuma’s heart <3 xD

in Match-ups

Posted by: NotInTheFace.6075

NotInTheFace.6075

I just wanted to thank EP and CERN again for the GVG last night. Our first attempt at it, and it was fun. Definitely a great learning experience. Hopefully we do get a break from the TC loving for a week and we get a chance to practice up and do it again for the next match-up. Knowing Anet though I have a feeling we’ll be playing you 4 out of the next 5 weeks so we’ll probably have many more opportunities. =)

Quick question for those who participated, did you feel that some of us were extra squishy or that we were not doing enough damage or conditions? Versus some of the more experienced guilds you faced, were we pretty predictable or surprising? Also how do you handle your heal timing? Thanks in advance.

Fur Sack
Fate Commander
SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

The same thing that has happened to good match ups.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelda.7013

Zelda.7013

Once, I had a PPT.

Tsarazi didn’t tell you? [DERP] is coming, too. We’re combining guilds: [DARPYRO].

At least your guild name name would finally not be censored on the forums
;)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

To the two SoS scouts in BLNT who chased me on TC BL past briar and to bay, Better Luck Next Time.

-the up leveled necro

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

If that can be executed on paper it would be brilliant but I just don’t see a frontline being able to have a mind of their own without the primary commander leading them from within.

Yeah, the way a frontline works, it has to have a lot of micromanagement. You really have to be a tight ball of CC and Pain, and you need a “point” (commander) to follow for that role. If you get spread out, you’re worthless, and can be picked off.

Ranged players need to be inherently autonomous unless you also have a backline commander. They’re safer in that they don’t have to be (and shouldn’t be) in the middle of the fray, but they also have to be smart enough to know how to move, when to move, etc.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

gb

If true I won’t be surprised. I think PYRO was on the edge of moving since weeks ago.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Quick question for those who participated, did you feel that some of us were extra squishy or that we were not doing enough damage or conditions? Versus some of the more experienced guilds you faced, were we pretty predictable or surprising? Also how do you handle your heal timing? Thanks in advance.

Not trying to be mean, but you guys were really squishy. Do you have your necros dropping spectral wall on your way in? I felt like I was getting bigger numbers than normal, and people were dropping very quickly.
Heal timing? Er. we have a rotation of water fields, and when nightlight calls for water, we drop one on top of him. :P

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truth.2164

Truth.2164

Not trying to be mean, but you guys were really squishy. Do you have your necros dropping spectral wall on your way in? I felt like I was getting bigger numbers than normal, and people were dropping very quickly.
Heal timing? Er. we have a rotation of water fields, and when nightlight calls for water, we drop one on top of him. :P

Your not being mean at all what so ever. We think we may have had one to many zerkers, and our heal timing wasn’t very good. That in combination with all your cc’s, it really prevented us from getting those crucial heals. So we’ve got alot of work to do, starting with better builds lol!

Truth – 80 Elementalist | FaTe – Hand Of Fate http://www.hand-of-fate.net
SoS Commander (Proud to call SoS my home since BW1)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nukleopatra.3798

Nukleopatra.3798

That fight in MagBL Bay was wonderful. Outmanned, outgunned, and with our backs to the wall, TC made a good show of it. Thank you both Mags and SoS for your copious blood donations and an excellent fight.

To the SoS Raider rank commander who kept swimming the lake: it was entirely satisfying to have my /beckon answered up close and personal when SoS finally charged the lord’s room — not once, but twice! Turning a hesitant zerg that keeps within range of their arrowcarts into one of action seemed to prove difficult, but your lead and example certainly inspired courage. My apologies if my encouragement was mistaken for something patronizing. Hope to see you again in the field.

Tarnished Coast
[SICK] | [CERN]
Your neighborhood necrofriend.

(edited by Nukleopatra.3798)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Yeah, the way a frontline works, it has to have a lot of micromanagement. You really have to be a tight ball of CC and Pain, and you need a “point” (commander) to follow for that role. If you get spread out, you’re worthless, and can be picked off.

Sure, if you want to play like you. If you want to play like us? Kitten all that.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: NotInTheFace.6075

NotInTheFace.6075

Not at all we appreciate the feedback, honestly being our first attempt we threw together 20 members we had online with vent. =) Not sure of how everyone was spec’ed, so we were squishy in your opinion? That does help, honestly I think we were struggling with balancing speed, damage, condition removal and survivability. Do you bother worrying about speed buffs? We tried lessening that focus at the end since we were so close anyway and I think that helped alot against CERN but it definitely didnt change the ultimate outcome. So we’ll need more toughness and vitality across the board when we try again, more guardians/warriors. FaTe focuses on WvW (join us to all SoS if that sounds like fun to you and you use vent, insert shameless recruiting plug), but we don’t have mandatory builds and keep it more casual, but focus on sound tactics. For GvG that may hold us back though. Food for thought.

Any other constructive criticism is always welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Fur Sack
Fate Commander
SoS

(edited by NotInTheFace.6075)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rivalz.3142

Rivalz.3142

I noticed a fair amount of you did not use consumable buffs. It can be a major boon with little effort.

Alexander Darkstar- [NOPE]
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irenical.7948

Irenical.7948

WHO WAS NOT FED IN THAT GROUP…. I WAS DROPPING FEASTS!!! lol :P

[FaTe] It’s questionable if i know English.

in Match-ups

Posted by: NinjaSonic.1392

NinjaSonic.1392

On GvG I really can’t wait until it becomes more GvG instead of ZvZ. I mean yest there is a little skill in GvG now but when teams are 8-15 as opposed to 20-30 individual skills shine and tactics become huge.

[DIS] Dissentient – Streetlamp Lé Moose (Best Ranger North Korea)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truth.2164

Truth.2164

WHO WAS NOT FED IN THAT GROUP…. I WAS DROPPING FEASTS!!! lol :P

Hahaha no kidding, we did drop alot of food :P I guess whoever didn’t eat, wasn’t hungry? :P

Truth – 80 Elementalist | FaTe – Hand Of Fate http://www.hand-of-fate.net
SoS Commander (Proud to call SoS my home since BW1)

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

We ran into you guys last night, or i guess i should say you ran into us. We were fighting TC and you came in from behind and I honestly thought we were dead, I don’t have a mic so I couldn’t warn anyone that you were behind them.

We managed to wipe you pretty easily I think it’s mentioned in the video below. I’m at work so I can’t watch it but i’m pretty sure someone mentions in the voice com how squishy you were and also that you had no stability. You balled up nice as a group which is good but if you have no stability then your free bags to a non pug group.

Think you guys enter around 4:30

Some quick tips, you need a good shot caller, this is the most important thing. We have a few but when rekka is leading there is an obvious difference in our ability to work as a group.

Also make sure everyone knows how combo fields work, blast a few statics and your swiftness problem goes away.

I only started doing daily WvW a couple weeks ago after i followed [ME] around one night. I had no idea what fields and finishers were because I only ever pugged dungeons but they had a link in their ts info that I went to and read up on which helped me greatly.

Good thing is you can learn a lot in a little bit of time when it comes to WvW.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

gb

If true I won’t be surprised. I think PYRO was on the edge of moving since weeks ago.

If it hasn’t sunk in yet, which I know it hasn’t, it was a joke.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Soldier.1625

Soldier.1625

Great video that highlights nicely where we fell short. I was calling the shots during that fight and when we pushed in and I think (can’t quite remember now) I saw a bunch of TC out in the distance heading into the camp, so I had everyone pull back outside. We fell short with keeping your group in the choke and when you guys rushed out we were dead before we knew it. We are still working on group composition and this helps me understand how we can get there thanks for the feedback everyone. =)

X Jackal X – 80 Warrior| FaTe – Hand Of Fate http://www.hand-of-fate.net
SoS Commander (SoS since BW1)

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Sure, if you want to play like you. If you want to play like us? Kitten all that.

You guys have a very unique playstyle. It’s very effective, and the standard frontline tactics, we have discovered, just don’t apply against it. Props.

I wish we had another couple weeks against [DERP] and [VR] to figure out the best way to counter it short of either copying it, or having a two-pronged attack. (Two pronged/pincer seems to be the only way to reliably counter it.)

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

My personal $0.02 is that you were definitely squishier than what we typically face. You also weren’t dealing a whole lot of damage, which isn’t terribly unusual for a first time GvG. It’s easy to get flustered and focus more on staying alive than actually doing any damage.

You did seem to have good coordination as a group though, so I think it mainly is just going to come down to assigning/learning proper roles and coming up with good builds for your crew. We’re still learning this that stuff as well from our experiences with [DERP] and [VR] on the field. We’re also relatively new to the GvG scene. :-P

Some may disagree with this, but I would personally say that zerkers, except in very specific circumstances (spike thieves, for instance) don’t really belong on the field in WvW or in GvGs. I have personal views on good starting points for gear and stuff, but I don’t wanna start an argument in this thread. xD

Edit: I’m full of opinions, so I hope you don’t take any of this as condescending. Not meant that way! I could talk about this crap for days… :-)

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

gb

Oh, CHIPS. You always know how to embarrass yourself by commenting on matters that you are clueless about.

You guys have a very unique playstyle. It’s very effective, and the standard frontline tactics, we have discovered, just don’t apply against it. Props.

I wish we had another couple weeks against [DERP] and [VR] to figure out the best way to counter it short of either copying it, or having a two-pronged attack. (Two pronged/pincer seems to be the only way to reliably counter it.)

Yes, we are pretty unique since we have a back-/mid-line commander, but that doesn’t meant that it can’t/shouldn’t be replicated. I don’t think everything RG does should be put into a book of law, partly because most of us “lower tier” (lol) guilds just don’t have the same level of coordination/skill.

Honestly, I think playing with more imagination is the best counter. No offense, but the PTV-hammer-train-running-in-a-line meta is an overly simple strategy. I don’t know if that’s what you perceive yourselves as doing, but it’s what we see. People need to experiment with more things and not arbitrarily limit themselves. The fact that many guilds have blanket restrictions on glass makes us/me very sad. It’s definitely not for every individual, but a player that plays glass well will contribute a lot to a fight.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

So who was the mesmer from SoS who stole my superior siege blueprints in front of Overlook a few hours ago? You foiled my evil master plan to lure my greedy friend into guard and cannon range. :-(

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

gb

Oh, CHIPS. You always know how to embarrass yourself by commenting on matters that you are clueless about.

Yes, we are pretty unique since we have a back-/mid-line commander, but that doesn’t meant that it can’t/shouldn’t be replicated. I don’t think everything RG does should be put into a book of law, partly because most of us “lower tier” (lol) guilds just don’t have the same level of coordination/skill.

Honestly, I think playing with more imagination is the best counter. No offense, but the PTV-hammer-train-running-in-a-line meta is an overly simple strategy. I don’t know if that’s what you perceive yourselves as doing, but it’s what we see. People need to experiment with more things and not arbitrarily limit themselves. The fact that many guilds have blanket restrictions on glass makes us/me very sad. It’s definitely not for every individual, but a player that plays glass well will contribute a lot to a fight.

ur right esp in large scale fights glass spec/gear players do contribute to a battle mostly in the form of a rally for the other zerg

not saying glass specs dont have a place but its limited. I see glass specs best in smaller groups where u can have a group of 5 run dif specs gear and cause havoc around the map

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

ur right esp in large scale fights glass spec/gear players do contribute to a battle mostly in the form of a rally for the other zerg

not saying glass specs dont have a place but its limited. I see glass specs best in smaller groups where u can have a group of 5 run dif specs gear and cause havoc around the map

When you see a train of hammers coming at you, you move out of the way. Glass just requires more escapes/better dodges.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

When you see a train of hammers coming at you, you move out of the way. Glass just requires more escapes/better dodges.

are we talking GVG or wvw zergv zergs ?

reason im asking is cause in GVG the numbers r limited mostly 20v20, So its easier to dodge and watch everyone going on

Where as in Zerg vs Zerg in wvw all it takes is 1 second of delay or that well placed cc and AOE spam or that 1 thief. AND if ur glass u dead and u could rally 5-10 ppl and cause ur server to loose the battle

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

gb

Oh they are not moving yet? I am disappoint. :P

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

There is room for berserker in GvG, ample room for it. Specially for the ranged class (main output of DPS). It just means that the ranged players themselves cant play like robotic followers but instead become good at predicting and reading the enemies movements and adjusting on the fly and surviving.

Actually if you pay attention to some of the ranged builds that RG use they are quite glassy. In fact I would say more than anything else other than a few frontline players in RG (commander etc) who go full tank a lot of them actually run very balanced mixed builds. Mixing things like 2 berserks + 2 knights + 2 soldiers/valkyries etc. They hardly go for a full PTV set or anything.

I think with the increased CC and more ways to strip stability added to mesmers, necros as well as the inclusion of torment the meta is going to evolve away from hammer trains in time and its time to start getting creative with that. Previously it was the most effective because of the inability to split/scatter the frontline effectively without sacrificing DPS. Now? Frontline meet Chaotic Interruption & Spectral Wall. Chaotic Interruption & Spectral Wall meet Frontline

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

(edited by Lanimal.6541)

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

cause ur server to loose the battle

I sure do love “loosing” them battles. But really, our Glass ele’s are rarely our problem. They’re usually among the last to die, and contribute most of our damage/cc, be it hard or soft.

Even outside of GvG.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Fun 3 way fights at Mag WK last night. I still don’t know how we ended up with it when there were so many SoS and TC left inside.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I sure do love “loosing” them battles. But really, our Glass ele’s are rarely our problem. They’re usually among the last to die, and contribute most of our damage/cc, be it hard or soft.

Even outside of GvG.

Especially outside of GvG, I’d say. Most of the time in WvW opposition isn’t as organized as in a GvG so running glass is even easier.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Even outside of GvG.

Especially outside of GvG, I’d say. Most of the time in WvW opposition isn’t as organized as in a GvG so running glass is even easier.

In fact, in each scenario, on my warrior and engineer I’m about 10x more likely to die than you are, despite my toughness builds.

Positioning is OP.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

Are you in a guild that gvgs or is this theorycrafting based on youtube videos?

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Really, SoS? You have to set up ACs to try to kill an outmanned group without siege inside of MagBL bay when you have 20, maybe 25+? Kinda tasteless.

Too bad it didn’t work out for ya.

Dis is an outrage, Dis kind of thing should not be allowed in game. Sos is the only server I ever see do dis.

Also in Mag Bl Bay? who does Dis?

http://youtu.be/NmhEe1CD1iA

See that play on words there?

[Ark]Noober