“I stomp my foes with a rallian flag
Rocking Black, Red and Gold I got that european swag”

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

some sor shenanigans with help from sos

I’M ON YOUTUBE! HI MUM!

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

We had a dolly parade!!
Where do we sign up! I’ll bring either an infinite cat tonic or my plush gryphon tonic.

In another note, poor Indo losing his armor like that, but if you want to pull shenanigans just team invite and we will happy to accommodate your request

And back to Coron – It would be cool if we could get together to learn how to do effective zerg busting with militia and a spread line of defense… I know it involves a few lines of warding, null fields, plauges, and some dagger storms, but I don’t know how to implement it. Anywho I’ll send you a message later as I assume you are busy with wvw training (everyone needs some downtime and this matchup gives SoR a change of pace to do efficiency training).

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

(edited by VoxShatterfall.5470)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I witnessed a really good TC commander loose confidence and direction just because we are facing SoR today. I hope commanders finding themselves intimidated will take a breath and get their wits in order. I have a lot of respect for people who take the Commander tag and I can appreciate it can be stressful, so this isn’t a rant. I just hate to see good commanders get frazzled just because of the match up.

So, chin up, collect yourselves and lets get back to the kinds of actions our server has been excelling at. I think most of us “scrubs” don’t mind if we wipe, as long as we regroup and look for some where else to push. We seemed to spend a lot of time today just not doing much of anything productive and just setting ourselves up to be run over by the SoR ZERG due to sitting too long in place, too often a place that was not really defensible.

Let’s get up, brush off the dust of SoR’s boots and get back to intelligent, hard to predict, hard to pin down combat actions!

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Here’s some reset from [PiNK] on SoSBL. I think the night started good, for us at least, but SoR’s domination of SoS left them incapable of fighting back and we settled for a 1v1 the rest of the night in camps like this. That being said, we won some, we lost some, and in this particular instance, we we’re the ones chasing rather than the other way around. Props to [HL] [TW/L] and [FANG].

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hi Guys from SOR SEA,

/notroll

We salute SOS/TC militia that came out to fight regardless. SOR SEA also had the same experience for months where we were pushed to our garrison by BG and JQ night after night. We could only fill 1.5-1.9 maps and could only hold our keep in EB and lose our garrison every 2-3 days because of the massive numbers fielded by JQ/BG. We found 2 strategies worked in the early days:

1. Splitting up the 15-20 man into 5 man squads to hit supply camps in other BLs to take the camps and kill stragglers/cows/sentries. We used these type of guerilla tactics for months. This will help to lift morale.

2. By focusing ALL the SEA folks into garrison, sieging it up to siege cap, we would make the enemy pay in blood for every inch of progress.

Just an fyi, we found TC and SOS militia down about 50% faster than BG/JQ. There are probably 2 fundamental issues at hand, I beg your pardon if my opinions are presumptuous as we just faced your militia for the 1st last night on Asian prime time:

1. Traits for 10-15 man – Instead of roamer builds with more emphasis on DPS and crits, most SOR militia are traited towards more heals and group synergy like toughness, precision share, etc.

2. PVT (or Knight) – This type of armor/jewels play an important part. Dead people cannot DPS. We have a simple mantra in SOR for the militia, “Need more PVT” (esp melee) if one goes down too fast.

FW

I witnessed a really good TC commander loose confidence and direction just because we are facing SoR today. I hope commanders finding themselves intimidated will take a breath and get their wits in order. I have a lot of respect for people who take the Commander tag and I can appreciate it can be stressful, so this isn’t a rant. I just hate to see good commanders get frazzled just because of the match up.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

Here’s some reset from [PiNK] on SoSBL.

Cool. I was on the other side of that fight. I’m probably one of your loot bags in the early moments of the video. Unfortunately I forgot to roll fraps.

Kitten of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I need to speak with the guild leader of MEGA on SoR.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

I also need to speak with the guild leader of HL on SoR.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

Don’t get discouraged guys! This is no ones fault but Anets!

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

You know what would be a great idea, lock away all the tier 1 servers in a permanent 3 way battle while the t2 and below servers can have fun actually being able to do something without being zergballed by a 50 man group.

That would be great.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Man, it’s so weird seeing TC/SoS 30 man zergs. It feels dirty when you have 50 guys behind you. So used to tier 1 zerg sizes ._.

To be honest, we are missing a lot of people. Not sure if that’s RL or unwillingness to face SoR, but the people you are seeing now are mostly the ones who you will be seeing regardless of the score. We’ll keep fighting & trying & learning even if things aren’t going well for us. Normally though, I think we could be way more competitive. But yeah, we are missing a lot of people.

Also, to the Choo I chilled out with, much fun! Sorry about the passerbys :X

Attachments:

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

This is silly, we (SoS) were tier 4, then went up to tier 2 and now are up against tier1 opponents with so much more coverage.

Some of SoR are talking about how we die so quickly, well its no surprise when you consider we are mainly just randoms with small pvp guilds to hold it all together. None of this buff up, water fields, hammer warrior/guardian team based combakittens mostly just a bunch of randoms enjoying WvW that is all. Remember the 12+ guilds that once help us dominate tier 1 for weeks have long since departed.

its a strange match making system because TC who beat us last week dropped to tier 3, while we who stumbled along stayed in tier 2. its a strange system but I guess it allows for more different match ups. IF SoS doesn’t go down to tier 3 next week this system is broken.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

To the SoR major, engineer from TW, on SoR bl south of bay- great fight! I’m sorry that it was interrupted :/ .

-The Thief

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

To the SoR major, engineer from TW, on SoR bl south of bay- great fight! I’m sorry that it was interrupted :/ .

-The Thief

That would be me! Great fight to you as well, I guess we’ll have to continue it at a later date

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

In a way I feel sorry for SoR. Unless the Anet lottery hooks you up with JQ and BG, it’s going to be really tough for you to find a good fight. We’re trying our best on TC, but you guys are just crazy strong (both in numbers and skill). I think most of us on TC are having fun despite the lopsided match up, but we have a bit of a masochistic streak.

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Anet communication on this system was not good. Should’ve made a vlog so people could see and hear how this change works, huehuehue. We don’t have tiers any more its just a leaderboard now. https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

This is why you don’t see an official match up thread with the break up of tiers. Welcome to RNG, Please drop my thunderfury binding I need to make my legendary sword from 6 xpac ago.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Eh, what I saw on SOR BL was mostly numbers, however there was a lot of skill and coordination involved as well. Although, pretty much most of the people on the whole map were in one guild, and I think that played a big role.

This isn’t meant to take anything away from SOR because obviously they are epic at WvW. Im just stating that the primary issue my guild had on SOR BL was dealing with such a larger coordinating zerg.

Yeah, its a feedback cycle, and unfortunately it goes both ways. Success > more numbers > more success; while defeat > fewer numbers > more defeat. Obviously you need the numbers in reserve in the first place, but if you have them, then you also need the skill to hold them together.

Last night I had some awesome fights against TC in the SoS BL around Hills. IMO, whoever you guys had in charge there did a very good job against our larger force. You’d shadow our zerg and pick off stragglers and reinforcements, and pounce on anyone who strayed too far from the main group. You also launched a well timed counter-attack on us when we attacked Hills itself, rather than just bunkering down and sitting behind the ACs. I was quite impressed.

You have an excellent core, and I have no doubt that TC will eventually be a “T1” server.

The core is actually very solid. It’s why I think many SOR are surprised to get wiped or at least get a great challenge if they happen to run into a group that is equal in size.

However, I don’t think TC would do well in T1. Your entire server is coordinated toward the same goal to the point that most of you are in the same guild. TC has a ton of people doing their own thing. On a map that is queued for both sides, which indicates that there should be the same numbers, we can’t muster the forces to fight you guys because we have so many people off doing whatever random thing they’ve decided to do.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Nah, I don’t think TC would do well in T1. Your entire server is coordinated toward the same goal to the point that most of you are in the same guild. TC has a ton of people doing their own thing. On a map that is queued for both sides, which indicates that there should be the same numbers, we can’t muster the forces to fight you guys because we have so many people off doing whatever random thing they’ve decided to do.

Dolyak parades :P

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Man, it’s so weird seeing TC/SoS 30 man zergs. It feels dirty when you have 50 guys behind you. So used to tier 1 zerg sizes ._.

To be honest, we are missing a lot of people. Not sure if that’s RL or unwillingness to face SoR, but the people you are seeing now are mostly the ones who you will be seeing regardless of the score. We’ll keep fighting & trying & learning even if things aren’t going well for us. Normally though, I think we could be way more competitive. But yeah, we are missing a lot of people.

To be honest, there isn’t much to learn in this match up. Coverage and numbers are king. When facing off against SoR in both smaller and larger group fights, they are no different than fighting our usual opponents whom we’ve faced in the past. Some fights we steamroll over them, some they steamroll over us, some are fairly even with a few standing when all is said and done.

But when it comes to providing the overwhelming numbers like SoR can 24/7 across all maps, both TC and SoS can’t provide this. This is where the system fails, this is where the ratings system fails. SoR is good and they are number one for a reason, but realistically, they need to be paired with 2 other servers who can provide the same coverage 24/7 as they can. I don’t believe it’s hard for Anet to detect this, and that is the #1 thing they need to abide by when creating match-ups.

I don’t want to speak for SoS here as some of them have been quite vocal on this.. but I can’t imagine SoR finds this remotely fun.. lol.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArtPulse.8630

ArtPulse.8630

Aww =D. I found an SoR swimming in the water and I swam doing zig-zags around him. He then went into water gate in Bay and I reached the shore, /waved but he didn’t /wave back =(

Still cool he didn’t attack… xP

Esthetics – Tarnished Coast
[Cult] Counterculture

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

The new matching system is really not that good. They should design a system based on tiers and allow more mobility between the top of a tier and the bottom of a tier. This match would be much more even if it is SoR vs BG vs TC.

Blackgate Engineer

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

To be honest this match-up is boring for us as well. Although I do appreciate that you guys still come out and give us good fights, otherwise it would be way way more boring.

From what i saw out in the field, there isn’t only the coverage, but also tactics wise there is a big gap, and yes you do learn by fighting stronger opponents, but not when you are blown out like this.

I know the current system isn’t being very fair to you SoS, not only are you getting matched up against servers with way more coverage, but you keep getting more rating points increasing your chances of getting more of this.

And TC, its been a while since we last faced you guys, you guys have the potential to get much better, don’t be demoralized, have fun and keep trying new stuff.

Both your servers strengths will be shown in how you deal with the match-up and keep coming out to fight with your heads held high!

Hope to see you all out there on the field throughout the week!

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

LOL that was me!

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

TSL has entered SoR. We plan on taking over your entire map. We have 15… you have 80.

Bring it!

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

TSL has entered SoR. We plan on taking over your entire map. We have 15… you have 80.

Bring it!

Go TSL! I’m cheering for you guise!

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

Bring it!

Red alert! All teams from all BLs zone into home BL!

Tarnished Coast WvW

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Two very boring matches back to back, hope next week is better.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Bring it!

Good job, on taking your spawn tower, hope you guys manage to give our guys in our home border a good headache.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

The only way matchups would ever be “fair” is if the number of any servers population on any BL was regulated by the largest server population on that BL. So if TC fields 200 people on TCBL then the limit would be 200 for the other two servers. Anet aren’t idiots, they likely know this already but plainly put “fair” is boring. I think we need something in between the RNG junk and a server population limitation.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thrash.3684

Thrash.3684

So much fun in SoS BL. SoS are fighting hard and won their T3 Garrison back.

Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

The only way matchups would ever be “fair” is if the number of any servers population on any BL was regulated by the largest server population on that BL. So if TC fields 200 people on TCBL then the limit would be 200 for the other two servers. Anet aren’t idiots, they likely know this already but plainly put “fair” is boring. I think we need something in between the RNG junk and a server population limitation.

I think they just don’t care. They know WvW isn’t competitive in the professional gaming sense, so they won’t put in any more effort than they have to. Hopefully they don’t make the same mistake with regards to proper GvG, if they ever get around to it. They already have a shoddy track record when it comes to WvW updates.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715

Rather confused, last week was boring because it was too easy correct me if i’m wrong.

Now this week is boring because it’s too hard apparently you’re either going to win t2 or face t1 servers and this happens, the difference is too much between t1 and t2.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Alodar.5794

We are having a blast actually.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

I am just reading this forum and looking at score matchups, but just want to tell SoS and TC to keep fighting! Not saying you guys are not, just saying don’t ever quit.
JQ is having fun in our matchup, I hope you guys are in a way aswell. Good luck to you all!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Rather confused, last week was boring because it was too easy correct me if i’m wrong.

Now this week is boring because it’s too hard apparently you’re either going to win t2 or face t1 servers and this happens, the difference is too much between t1 and t2.

stomping or being stomped is dreadfully boring. There was a middle ground, now there isn’t.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

SoS BL seems pretty exciting.

SoS flipped tier 3 garrison
>5 minutes later
SoR reflipped SoS garrison
>5 minutes later
SoS took garrison once again!

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

SoS BL seems pretty exciting.

SoS flipped tier 3 garrison
>5 minutes later
SoR reflipped SoS garrison
>5 minutes later
SoS took garrison once again!

awesome stuff. was there for the t3 flip. lots of fun. I am enjoying the retraining of guildies and server mates. We had 2 months in T4 where all we had to do was might and move or not even that and win with 100k+. A lot of players are getting back into TS3 and coordinating. Lets keep moving SoS and focus on strats/open field engagements as we move down to appropriate tier in 2-3 weeks

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

If you think this match is boring, you are not in the TC BL garrison right now. It’s many things, but boring is not one of them.

I have never worked to help hold a keep this hard ever. I’m not sure if I’m exhilarated or I’m having an anxiety attack. Could be a combination of both.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Almost like a dream come true when the whole map is on our community TS3. It hasn’t happen yet but we are getting there!

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

LOL that was me!

Lol. I schooled that mesmer, then in the distance…a snowman. So I was like, THIS ISNT EVEN MY FINAL FORM! So I transformed.

Also, I’ve followed the T1 threads for awhile, and always seen your signature. Can I try 1v1ing you? :O

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

LOL that was me!

Lol. I schooled that mesmer, then in the distance…a snowman. So I was like, THIS ISNT EVEN MY FINAL FORM! So I transformed.

Also, I’ve followed the T1 threads for awhile, and always seen your signature. Can I try 1v1ing you? :O

Any time! But be warned I run the most annoying P/D thief build and people hate that

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

I’m not bored so much as frustrated because a fair fight is hard to find. If I was on SoR I’d be bored out of my mind.

Maid Of The Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

The amount of arrow carts in every kitten tower we tried to take tonight is absolutely unreal. Whole zergs and like 10 AC’s in a tower is hard to take, well played :c

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

The amount of arrow carts in every kitten tower we tried to take tonight is absolutely unreal. Whole zergs and like 10 AC’s in a tower is hard to take, well played :c

TC adapts.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’m not bored so much as frustrated because a fair fight is hard to find. If I was on SoR I’d be bored out of my mind.

Shrug, I’m loving the match up.

It’s awesome to see new faces then kill them with a point blank spreadshot.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Alodar.5794

:)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Only ten? Clearly we’ve been slacking. Build moar, little zerglings! Moar AC’s, I say!

Sea of Sorrows

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Good Job TC and SoS!!!

We drove [TW] from SoR!!!

NAGA|TC

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Le Rooster.8715