6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Good Job TC and SoS!!!

We drove [TW] from SoR!!!

xD

Yeah, I’m sure that’s exactly what happened.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Good Job TC and SoS!!!

xD

Yeah, so what if we prolly drove them away with boredom…

I’m happy in my delusions and take my victories where I can get them!

NAGA|TC

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

The amount of arrow carts in every kitten tower we tried to take tonight is absolutely unreal. Whole zergs and like 10 AC’s in a tower is hard to take, well played :c

Only ten? Clearly we’ve been slacking. Build moar, little zerglings! Moar AC’s, I say!

A few weeks ago I was commanding in EBG, outmanned, and Novus had one of his FA megazergs running around. They knocked down the gate to Valley Keep, and nightlight’s zerg showed up in the nick of time. We built arrow carts everywhere in inner.

I counted when we were done driving them off…

19 arrow carts.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Good Job TC and SoS!!!

xD

Yeah, so what if we prolly drove them away with boredom…

I’m happy in my delusions and take my victories where I can get them!

Yeah, it’s probably a good thing they’re not here…simply because A: they’d be bored, and B: much more of this kitten kicking and I’m not sure I’d be able to sitdown! :P

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truffler.3684

Truffler.3684

can we have an official clarification on TW’s transfer to JQ?

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I’m guessing it’s temporary but they’re definitely there.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truffler.3684

Truffler.3684

I’m guessing it’s temporary but they’re definitely there.

that’s what I’m reading from the DB/JQ/BG thread too

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

If it bleeds we can kill it.

Jade Quarry- Fang

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

TW will be in JQ for 1-2 weeks. Just waiting for the matchups to stabilize.

Tarnished Coast WvW

(edited by Caedus.6571)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i dont like this match up, too bad since i started to enjoy WVW and now i have to stop. so unfair for other SOS and TC.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

TW is moonlighting on JQ? Well that would explain today, and I was about to thank SoR for “econo-sizing” their zergs so that we could have more fun battles (30 on 30 instead of 30 on 100 and so forth).

Today was a lot funner than last night, as the fights were not zerg-blob, lag, then over.

TC, sorry we were messing with you this evening on SoSBL, but we wanted to remind you how we feel when we’re pushing off a SoR zerg and you are messing around with our supply camps.
We’re also trying to remind our folks to go after Green first, but sadly we have some folks that are sore after last week. Don’t take it personally.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Good for TW, here’s to hoping they stay there.

Love the guys, classy and respectable guild, pleasure to fight with, but I’d rather have competition then friendship.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Seen as there’s been no official statement yet about TW moving to JQ ill quickly clarify for everyone;

Due to the current state of the WvW matchup TW has temporary transferred to JQ server to get some WvW fights and will be transferring back as soon as SoR is matched up with JQ or BG. Stealing JQ’s glory and annoying BG was part of the logic behind the choice.

I’m sure normal tasks preformed by TW such as the server meetings will still happen, the only difference is the lack of Indo sitting on the map akitten for 6 hours being rezzed consistently so he can be killed again.

Only the kill deprived TW who could afford the transfer fees both ways transferred (around 30). I, your siege master Ascii, remain on SoR.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

lol. Had a decently upgraded tower with ACs… no people to man them… SoR zerg catapulting walls safely outside.

/yawn

It’s dead here even for the times I play, and now I’m going to make it that much deader, because this isn’t worth the time or key presses.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

It’s been neat having SoR and SoS around this week (and last for SoS), but I am really starting to miss our old matchup system.

It was nice to start the week knowing all the servers were stacked pretty similarly, and that no one really knew who was going to win. Now…At the T1-T3 level of competition, it’s going to be statistically improbable that there won’t be at least a couple severely unbalanced matchups.

It may become more about survival…and less about competition. I fear that in time this way of playing is really going to lead to a lot of servers/players becoming demoralized, and will hurt the overall experience of WvW in a big way. :-/ A real T2 is right where we wanted to be before…and I want it back.

Still gonna fight hard and have fun, but anyone else feeling this? Feels like a dark cloud or something.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

I don’t even care about the match system, the problem is that the game design seems to just naively assume each side will have a roughly equivalent population. When that meets reality it leaves smaller teams with little and eventually nothing to do; meaningful asymmetrical warfare simply doesn’t exist. Here and there you kill a sentry, or even flip a camp if you’re ignored long enough, but so what? Sentries are irrelevant. Supply camps only matter if you need supplies, or your enemy does; if you represent no serious threat to them, they have no pressing need for repairs, siege, or upgrades, and so supply camps become irrelevant too.

The imbalanced matches would hardly be relevant if it weren’t for this awful design oversight. Fighting against overwhelming odds can easily be fun rather than boring if there’s some way for you to actually matter in the process.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Well, the matchup in terms of score might be lopsided, but there sure are some awesome fights to be had all the same! Our spawn camp on SoR BL was pretty fun a little bit ago, and when we took the NW tower and held it for awhile (until the SoR minions REALLY showed up in force anyway lol)… just a couple of awesome fights of the many that were had tonight.

Great time, awesome job by SoS and SoR both. Oh, and after catching up on the matchup thread… all I can say is wow. Hopefully the lack of trolling will continue throughout the week!

/salute

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

I must be missing them, all I get is SoR blobs setting up ranged siege where they know we don’t have the numbers to approach it, and very very rarely some stray SoS doing… something.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmablah.4531

Karmablah.4531

Last night I had some awesome fights against TC in the SoS BL around Hills. IMO, whoever you guys had in charge there did a very good job against our larger force. You’d shadow our zerg and pick off stragglers and reinforcements, and pounce on anyone who strayed too far from the main group. You also launched a well timed counter-attack on us when we attacked Hills itself, rather than just bunkering down and sitting behind the ACs. I was quite impressed.

You have an excellent core, and I have no doubt that TC will eventually be a “T1” server.

Maulbrak

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Why did TW transfer to JQ and not DB who actually need the help?

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

They were originally on JQ, so it probably had a bit to do with that. I highly doubt the move had anything to do with helping anyone, but rather trolling BG for a few laughs. Our history is a tad on the ugly side.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

At last, I’m all back in WvW! As scheduled. It’s been like forever.

And no, I totally didn’t move that schedule like 1,000 times. Totally meant to come back tonight…I mean…this morning?

Thanks for the big welcome, Sanctum of Rall! So excited to be fighting the greatest server in the whole world!

Was defending all the things from the things. No one can defend like I do.

We’re so gonna win.

Attachments:

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

In the intrest of learning , can someone from OCX or Choo explain how too ground target with a hunter AC in an unbreeched woodhaven ?…groundlevel to the right of supply shed full red circle …?

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

Thanks for the big welcome, Sanctum of Rall! So excited to be fighting the greatest server in the whole world!

Quoted for truth.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

But be warned I run the most annoying P/D thief build and people hate that

The one where we get to stop and smell the flowers? But I love that.

At last, I’m all back in WvW!

YaY!

So, let me see if I get this. People thought things sucked when the Tiers never changed. And now that they changed, you’re unhappy with the shake out. Silly people. Less ponder, more play. FINGER! MOON!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

I just want to say thanks to SOS/TC for staying to fight the open field battles rather than run in the towers and throw down AC’s like tier 1 has done since they got the buff. Hope everyone has fun this week.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I just want to say thanks to SOS/TC for staying to fight the open field battles rather than run in the towers and throw down AC’s like tier 1 has done since they got the buff. Hope everyone has fun this week.

Cheers! It really makes the decision easier when PPT makes absolutely no difference – who cares if we hold towers and whatnot? xD Glad you’re having a good time – most of us on TC are having a blast as well, especially when we aren’t worried about score, just the fights.

Holy cow, I just sounded like FA – no wonder they love WvW so much! LOL

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cynillus.1642

Cynillus.1642

In the intrest of learning , can someone from OCX or Choo explain how too ground target with a hunter AC in an unbreeched woodhaven ?…groundlevel to the right of supply shed full red circle …?

An Arrow Cart placed directly next to or beside the gate can aim over the gap of the gate and into the courtyard of any tower or keep. No third party tools or tricks required, just clever placement of siege.

[HIRE] Hired Assassins – Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Seen as there’s been no official statement yet about TW moving to JQ ill quickly clarify for everyone;

Due to the current state of the WvW matchup TW has temporary transferred to JQ server to get some WvW fights and will be transferring back as soon as SoR is matched up with JQ or BG. Stealing JQ’s glory and annoying BG was part of the logic behind the choice.

I’m sure normal tasks preformed by TW such as the server meetings will still happen, the only difference is the lack of Indo sitting on the map akitten for 6 hours being rezzed consistently so he can be killed again.

Only the kill deprived TW who could afford the transfer fees both ways transferred (around 30). I, your siege master Ascii, remain on SoR.

Please tell me thats a joke? How… insulting. None of the three servers wanted this match up but we go out there every day giving 100% of our energy and effort and try and make the best of it, and you bail to jq for a more even match?

Sos deserves more respect than that, Tc deserves more respect than that, but most of all your allies from sor deserve better. Being part of a team means fighting through the good times and bad, they have your back and you have theirs. Guess that aint the case on Sor.

So much respect lost for one of the great guilds of gw2.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

They were originally on JQ, so it probably had a bit to do with that. I highly doubt the move had anything to do with helping anyone, but rather trolling BG for a few laughs. Our history is a tad on the ugly side.

They said they are playing with old friends but another reason is they wanted to do a lot of GvG and JQ has no GvGers while BG and DB both have 4-5 guilds each that do. So it made sense for them to go to JQ.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Peetee.9406

Please tell me thats a joke? How... insulting. None of the three servers wanted this match up but we go out there every day giving 100% of our energy and effort and try and make the best of it, and you bail to jq for a more even match?

Sos deserves more respect than that, Tc deserves more respect than that, but most of all your allies from sor deserve better. Being part of a team means fighting through the good times and bad, they have your back and you have theirs. Guess that aint the case on Sor.

Could be worse, they could be patronizing you.....

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Appledainty I am officially calling you and [Doly] out!

I do not care about the score. I do not care about ppt.

What I DO care about is a Dolyak parade this thursday around 8’ish server time!

All servers, no BS, just a bit of fun and yaks.

I think this match up would be better for it.

Thank you,

A kind soul from SoR.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

(edited by Absinth.6917)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Please tell me thats a joke? How… insulting. None of the three servers wanted this match up but we go out there every day giving 100% of our energy and effort and try and make the best of it, and you bail to jq for a more even match?

o.o;; They say they will return. Why the drama.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Absinth.6917

Who cares about TW? I mean really……back to the [Doly] parade!

jeez…..

(Sounds like Indo doesn’t like what happens when he goes to grab a drink of water for 6 hours……at a supply camp no less!!!!)

I kid – hurry back TW whatever will we do without those Indo pep talks? All storm EB and miss the reset queues I suppose……..oh wait…..

Haiku FTW

(edited by Absinth.6917)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: iNtotheblue.8624

iNtotheblue.8624

Great fun on TC bl during oceanic and SEA timezone, you guy’s tenacity to hold garrison was amazing, I spend 3 hrs trying to get garrison in oceanic prime but u guys just wouldn’t crack, In then end i left to cap SOS bl back. it took us IRON + OCX + AFS + FEAR + rallians from other guilds 8 alpha 2 omega golems rush to take it down.

Also fun fights on SOS bl, we got wiped on the first engagement as we underestimated you guys on open field.

look forward to some more fights in the days to come.

if any guild wish to GVG OCX plz send me a pm on forum or In game and we can organize a time.

Intotheblue | Tiny Guardsman | Tiny Exorcist
Commander of [OCX] Sanctum of Rall
http://oceanix.com.au/forum.php

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

I think the fact that most of the SoS & TC guilds TW encountered during reset & Saturday would hop borderlands to avoid fighting them was a driving factor to TW wanting to hop for fights.

TW is a 99.9% WvW only focused guild (the 0.1% being Indo in Arah) so when the typical 30-40 TW cant all get into EB (the only map that has action) for guild WvW events it naturally deprives them of fights.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Could be worse, they could be patronizing you…..

I’ve seen plenty of TW corpses this weekend so I have no idea what y’all are talking about. TW didn’t seem any different from the other zergs running around. It’s funny watching SoS and TC sticking out the match with outmanned on several maps during many times of the day but TW doesn’t think the match is worth their time (I don’t think any of the servers are happy with this match, I certainly don’t think SoR is in the worst position).

Tier one egos are so huge they won’t let guilds drop down a tier for even one or two weeks. Leaving the top tiers was the best thing to ever happen to SoS. Being back up here (for the dumbest reasons, Devon) sucks, but I don’t know what’s worse, the laggy zerg meta that removes so much depth and individual contribution from WvW or the egos of the players.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

^they need to add a ‘check weapon’ emote for the lag. Whenever we’re running around in EB for example and a fight starts in SM lord room, we can /wepcheck and have our characters hold up the weapon trying to figure out what’s wrong with it.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Peetee.9406

I certainly don’t think SoR is in the worst position)

I would happily switch places with you and TC this week.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I don’t see a problem with TW taking a week to play somewhere else. Everyone needs practice and this matchup isn’t really the place for that.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Caedus.6571

Pretty sure TW meant no disrespect for TC and SoS.

Quoting again for emphasis.

so when the typical 30-40 TW cant all get into EB (the only map that has action) for guild WvW events it naturally deprives them of fights.

Tarnished Coast WvW

(edited by Caedus.6571)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Absinth.6917

I believe that TW’s decision has nothing to do with TC and SoS besides the fact that they (TW) want to gvg and there is no gvg to be found in this matchup. No disrespect to our current foes and I certainly respect TW’s choice in moving out/up.

It is what it is…….nothing will change until JG/BG/SoR are at it again.

That being said I call out [Doly] this Thursday!

I dare you to even try to have a Dolyak parade!

(a dolyak parade in which i was a part of many moons ago)

Toodles!

Haiku FTW

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

o.o;; They say they will return. Why the drama.

Because it is insulting. TW is basically saying TC and SoS aren’t worth their time- but given the attitudes i’ve heard from them in the past i can’t say that i’m surprised this happened.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feydra.6318

Feydra.6318

Thanks for the fight SoR, you sure bring the cookies !… one thing i noticed the other day, when we fought nails and tooth for TCbl, we managed to get WH, Dawns, and Garr back, and it was some really good battles back and fourth, we held those three points, and Jadon was pushing for more, i logged then reallife and stuff… so no idea how things look now, in any case, id like to send this alittle to SoS, and its in no means to offer a alliance, or dirty dual teaming, but SoS, when you see us push SoR and hold things, you in SoS should go for Briar, and or bay… reason is this, when we TC have full server, and SoR have full server, its equal same numbers, but if you add in to the equation, SoR will need to mind a third force, and i honestly think they wouldent mind also, chanse is that you will get smaller forces as they will need to split, or hold tower/keep garrisons to keep you guys out… in any way, keep spirits up SoS, and my beloved TC, this is for you !

Miriel de Clavo – Elementalist
Fey Sparrow – Warrior
If i nag about things, its only couse i care ;P

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

To the shatter inc. member who CONTINUES to post LFG posts, you should know that every time I get a party invite, thats 4 more people I get to report you.
Yours kindly, someone who wishes you would get the hell over it.

A comment on this; trolling using gw2LFG needs to stop. People rely on that service to be trustworthy in order to accrue and maintain participation through it. When you troll with you you do more than grief the party that joins the person you are intending to troll, you undermine a system that depends on honesty- a system that a lot of people rely on for doing a myriad of things in game.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Ascii.9726

Oh, wait Ascii isn’t coming?? That’s a dealbreaker – He gives the best hugs

I do? o_O

My hugs usually end up blinding, chilling, crippling, weakening and poisoning people.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Caedus.6571

To the shatter inc. member who CONTINUES to post LFG posts, you should know that every time I get a party invite, thats 4 more people I get to report you.
Edit: and I !KNOW! you read the forums. Why dont you say something? I know you wanted a 1v1 and I might just give it to you if would shut you up

I was trolled the same way. Dunno by who though. I was in a party with 3 other friends WvWing when we suddenly got join request upon join request. One of my friends checked lfg and lo and behold, I was apparently lf1m for CoF speedruns. Troll obviously reads the forums as he wrote my username and not my toon name hence people couldn’t pm me.

Tarnished Coast WvW

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Hi sor and sos. Score update.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Edit: and I !KNOW! you read the forums. Why dont you say something? I know you wanted a 1v1 and I might just give it to you if would shut you up

I was trolled the same way. Dunno by who though. I was in a party with 3 other friends WvWing when we suddenly got join request upon join request. One of my friends checked lfg and lo and behold, I was apparently lf1m for CoF speedruns. Troll obviously reads the forums as he wrote my username and not my toon name hence people couldn’t pm me.

Its the same exact person posting all of these, beause he knows my toon names, which I dont make known on the forums.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

Distracting an SoR scout while we take SE tower.

Attachments:

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD