HoD/DR/BP

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I’ll be at HoD windmill too in case anyone wants to beat my noob thief.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Gab Superstar.4059

In case anyone didn’t understand;

Fight club at HoD windmill, right now.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

My apologies for being negative. Woke up in a nasty mood. It’s not that WvW hasn’t been fun this week, there’s just a little sense of hopelessness when the outcome has already been decided.
Anyways, I’ll be out there, ready to be stabbed in the face.

I didn’t mean to be insulting at all. All I said was we were hitting watergate and not one DR came to scout us until we got to lords room. You guys are a good server, I’m not sure where all your numbers went from 4 months ago but hang in there. Let’s hope next week you get a more even matchup.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: tiramisu.8706

tiramisu.8706

Don’t get me wrong, I really, really, enjoy Fighting FA / Mag but I miss ADQQBsty and some of BP.

Wokfoo, Rokkasaurus, Not Daddy of [Rekz]

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

Just to make sure its understood my irritation is not really with BP at all, its not your fault your in this match up, I just hope if we all get a more even fight next week.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

snip

I find it sad that you decided to fight Neeho’s battle for him, and also write an inappropriate wall of text regarding SoCo vs DR, something that doesn’t belong in this thread, hence my response to Neeho’s original post being so negative. Learn the place and time to say things, a matchup thread with two servers that have nothing to do with DR is not the place to complain about internal relations on DR.

get over it already

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Here’s the deal, if zerging servers (servers with very little offense besides 20+) decide like they have for the past 10 months or so to only ZERG in wvw….there’s going to be alot of players just leaving this game. JUST LIKE WARHAMMER at a certain point even zergers get bored (check all the “Im a zerger and never thought id get bored but i am” threads) and end up wanting more. If there were more competitive players in this game not using the “go to s/tpvp for good more fairish fights” excuse wvw would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable because after zerg school people could graduate to “time to man up and compete with alot less reliance on others and more on my own skills”. Problem is the graduation rate is at an all-time low and the competitive players are just leaving because 70-90% of the time it is just red zergs around.

I know people have a bias about our guild because we have spoken up alot about our opinions and I am not trying to troll or cause crap, just stating from witnessing the forums and even zergers complaining their bored…..and watching wvw endlessly a map full of 3 zergs circling taking/retaking points…..its incredibly redundant. If we get more people to graduate to the “time to man up and rely more on my own ability to use my character to its fullest” stage of pvp this game will be a hell of a lot more fun.

PAXA -GM

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Here’s the deal, if zerging servers (servers with very little offense besides 20+) decide like they have for the past 10 months or so to only ZERG in wvw….there’s going to be alot of players just leaving this game. JUST LIKE WARHAMMER at a certain point even zergers get bored (check all the “Im a zerger and never thought id get bored but i am” threads) and end up wanting more. If there were more competitive players in this game not using the “go to s/tpvp for good more fairish fights” excuse wvw would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable because after zerg school people could graduate to “time to man up and compete with alot less reliance on others and more on my own skills”. Problem is the graduation rate is at an all-time low and the competitive players are just leaving because 70-90% of the time it is just red zergs around.

I know people have a bias about our guild because we have spoken up alot about our opinions and I am not trying to troll or cause crap, just stating from witnessing the forums and even zergers complaining their bored…..and watching wvw endlessly a map full of 3 zergs circling taking/retaking points…..its incredibly redundant. If we get more people to graduate to the “time to man up and rely more on my own ability to use my character to its fullest” stage of pvp this game will be a hell of a lot more fun.

No, people don’t dislike your guild because you speak up about your opinions.

People dislike you because target specific players, guilds and even servers and talk kitten about them to no end and act really bad in-game too by, for example, interrupting fight clubs(?).

You are at a stage where there’s really no point trying to dress the troll in nice clothes. Whatever you have to say is tainted by what you have said in the past.

Lol It doesnt matter what your opinion of our guild is, the problem this game has is not PAXA, the problem is everyone logging in and ONLY zerging for the most part.

PAXA -GM

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saint of Virtue.8329

Saint of Virtue.8329

BTW Good fun to everyone behind the windmill! Had a blast in the night that shouldn’t be named. or talked about.

Reuna Thanauf
Leader of Reun Cala Roora (RCRO)
Proud Denravian… Most of the time.

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

BP I am ashamed that you would break off from a 50 man zerg in EB just to kill a baby quaggan. Not once, but twice!

DR is cool in my books, wasn’t hit once and a few joined me as well :-)

Oh yeah~ We DR folks did it before, near and at DH’s NN camp. xD
They, DH, were the winning and dominating server then.

Ref:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/4-19-DH-DR-IoJ/1873320
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/4-19-DH-DR-IoJ/1877553

Cheers!

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by playard.6035)

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

Listen to this man. BP picked up so many tricks and strategies from Ehmry Bay during our long slog with them. Last night we were using everything we had learned. This your chance to see those same tricks and in turn use em on someone else.

Tricks? You mean like bring a 25-man to fight a 12-man and when they’re losing, have another 25-man flank that 12-man? Yeah, good tricks. How about this, come out on your own and let me gang bang you with 3 friends and then you can “learn tricks” too.

I haven’t laughed that hard in a very long time. I wanted to thank you for that comment because that’s exactly how I feel.

You’ve got some talent BP, it’s just buried underneath your massive zergs. It’s hard to identify what tricks you’ve learned, when its just steamrolling.

There’s probably more going on between your commanders and in your VOIP’s, less pugs. More coordinated guilds. Just can’t see it passed the sea of red.

When match-ups are as disproportional population-wise as this, it is difficult to judge the skill of either the winners or the losers because the population advantage affects the outcome much more than any strategy or tactic employed.

I feel for you. When EBay would go on and on about their skill it drove me nuts because their having skill or not wasn’t a factor since they outnumbered us 2-1 plus on every map. I do think BP learned a great deal being out-numbered for 13 weeks, but it doesn’t really matter in the current match up.

Try not to let it get you down. Hopefully it won’t be like this every week.

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

GARD ty for the fun in se supply camp in BP. We tried to get another round going without the guards with ya but I think we both had some extra ppl showing up. Looking forward to fighting ya guys some more this week!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Gab Superstar.4059

So… If BP improved so much against EB, why do I constantly see these 30-40man blobs when the biggest force we have in the same zone is 1/3 that size?

Wouldn’t splitting up and wiping us with equal or smaller number yield a much higher PPT gain?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: tas.6310

tas.6310

Deltona here, WFD guild leader. I’m not much of a public poster but I wanted to come in and post up an apology to HoD for last night’s LA run. I had a large part in it. It initially was intended to come over and see the response to all of the “BP” folks for being on the server. It escalated rapidly likely due to the tension of such an imbalanced matchup.

I’ve led several expeditions into practically all servers that we’ve versed in the last 3 months (both with a multitude of commanders and solo). This was by far the most hostile environment I had stepped into which is likely why you saw us react in such an unusual manor. We’re usually welcomed a bit better.

Now… on to BP and who we are (since that seems to be a hot topic). We’re honestly a mostly casual server. There are no hardcore WvW guilds (mine and Soul are the closest we have). These guilds aren’t equal to the likes of WM or any other major player on the battlefield. Soul is the best skill group on the server and it’s new. We have numbers, we have some skill, and we have a lot of people actively working on improving. HoD seems to have that inherent skill bred into the inner workings of the server. That comes from being much higher than BP in the past, I assume. With equal numbers… you would be a force to reckon with on the battle field. One day, I do see you dominating once again. Will we face off when that happens? Who knows… you will, however, remember this matchup which will ensure you fight with a fury more than usual.

DR: your seige deployment is spectacular and far and widely used. It is used to a much greater extent than the likes of what we’ve encountered in the past (usually we only see it on keeps). Nice job with the placement.

Guild Master of Waiting for Death [WFD]
Deltona/Varlen – Commander for Borlis Pass

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linanthony.1809

Linanthony.1809

Had lots of fun in All 4 BL tonight! Also if anyone’s interested in GvG sometime, message me!

Genesis Theory [GT]

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

Had lots of fun in All 4 BL tonight! Also if anyone’s interested in GvG sometime, message me!

Saw you guys in BP BL. Nearly got our hills.

Stormbluff Isle

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I’m not able to play this week, so I’ve not experienced the lopsided play and what it feels like. However, HoD and DR should keep their heads high and battle on. As it stands right now you both have gained server points, and BP has dropped.

Its a lot like college football. Its not whether you win or lose that matter, but what your rank is, what your opponents rank is, and by how much you win/lose.

On a side note, you guys are right that numbers matter a lot. We experienced that each and every week against Ebay and there just isn’t much you can do when your opponent can cover more of the maps than you for longer periods of time.

Someone posted that we should have learned that splitting forces and taking more camps/tower/keeps rather than zergballing just to take one thing at a time is a better PPT strategy. I agree with you that this is an area we can improve greatly upon. We don’t always do as good as we could using our manpower wisely, both on offense and on defense. How many times I’ve seen this scenario – A 30 man zerg takes tower, all 30 then move to camp (none left to defend/siege) and then on to another camp to fill zerg’s supply…meanwhile a small group from enemy follows behind and retakes the tower and camp before the PPT is up, netting us almost no points for all our time/effort/manpower.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Linanthony.1809

Lol, we usually just half-kitten keeps and towers, the real fun is in killing :P

Genesis Theory [GT]

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

Lol, we usually just half-kitten keeps and towers, the real fun is in killing :P

I don’t remember you guys killing us at all. We only wiped once and that was to DR who flanked us when we were attacking you guys.

Besides that, all I every saw you guys do was capture camps and your south tower.

Stormbluff Isle

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

I tagged around behind you guys for a bit :P

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

I’m not able to play this week, so I’ve not experienced the lopsided play and what it feels like. However, HoD and DR should keep their heads high and battle on. As it stands right now you both have gained server points, and BP has dropped.

Its a lot like college football. Its not whether you win or lose that matter, but what your rank is, what your opponents rank is, and by how much you win/lose.

Last I checked, BP has 60k, DR 19k, HoD 16k, but it’s 2 days ago. Considering that BP is T5 and DR HoD are T7/8 (I don’t even know if tiers still exist anymore in this system?), the numbers do sound legit, and so outrageous the programmers need to be choked with bland KFCs

On a side note, you guys are right that numbers matter a lot. We experienced that each and every week against Ebay and there just isn’t much you can do when your opponent can cover more of the maps than you for longer periods of time.

Eh, we faced SB, BP, DH, etc etc etc, all of which outnumber us every single time. The whole “come on, guys, we know how being outnumbered feels” doesn’t seem to be appropriate, considering being outnumbered is the entire reason why DR / HoD are in their tier. IF you are facing someone of higher tier, that sympathy holds water, but for the current match up, it doesn’t. So, for the love of GW2, please BP people, drop the whole act already we (DR and HoD) knows exactly how it feels to be outnumbered.

Someone posted that we should have learned that splitting forces and taking more camps/tower/keeps rather than zergballing just to take one thing at a time is a better PPT strategy. I agree with you that this is an area we can improve greatly upon. We don’t always do as good as we could using our manpower wisely, both on offense and on defense. How many times I’ve seen this scenario – A 30 man zerg takes tower, all 30 then move to camp (none left to defend/siege) and then on to another camp to fill zerg’s supply…meanwhile a small group from enemy follows behind and retakes the tower and camp before the PPT is up, netting us almost no points for all our time/effort/manpower.

This strategy certainly is true. It’s simply a matter of not enough man to fill in the positions, either because they are simply not there or because they don’t like having to sit around (they’d rather watch Doctor Who)

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Overlord.1035

Overlord.1035

To the 50 BP who just took DR’s NE tower against the four of us defending. Think you brought enough?

The Omnipotent(Guardian)Tragic Hero(Theif)
BAGS/HMMM

(edited by Overlord.1035)

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Give me gifs!!!!!!! Btw to the WFD looking to contact me sorry :p I’m on Vaca. I’m sure ull still see LK out there though

[Wake] main driver/GL

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Some fun 1v1s out there tonight, with DR mesmers and thieves, appreciate the fights. I might have borked some 1v1s… I blame the wine.

HoD folks… would like to have some 1v1s without pocket thief adds.

cheers

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: kymaera.4739

kymaera.4739

I’m a fairly casual WVW player who’s in a 2 person guild and has just been learning the past few weeks and playing in the match-up the last few days.

While it’s obvious that this is a lopsided match-up, there are quite a few things that we could be doing a lot better on DR. This is what I’ve observed:
- People are not using siege. For example when we lost Klovan once, we had a lot of siege in it. Instead of using it, we had melee jump off the wall and pretty much instantly wipe. Using siege would’ve probably have saved it because we would have been there long enough for reinforcements. We’ve also had siege sit idle in our keep while our towers are being taken. Please use the siege weaponry. I personally love them and the dozens of bags that a good AC will give me.
- Communication. There’s lack of communication. We had two of our groups beating on opposite walls of the same fortress and didn’t know at one time. Or just the general defenders on the wall not saying anything about incoming so that our force wouldn’t be sandwiched between two forces. The other is making sure that the communication is useful. “Inc” tells me nothing. “40 BOP inc at Klovan” is actually useful. And let’s not even get into the example of the people who whined so much on the map channel that s/he got suppressed and couldn’t warn of an attack.
- Too narrow focus. One way is that commanders sometimes get fixated on a target and focus on it to the exclusion of all else. An example would be trying to save a paper tower in another land instead of rushing back to save a fully upgraded tower. Another is as individuals, focusing on capping a kill instead of reaching a goal. Several times I saw people stop or chase wounded people instead of rushing in to save a tower cap. (Part of this is a failing of the system as it disproportionately rewards badges for kills instead of defending towers.) Or to give another example, simply stopping dps for 2 secs to heal the wounded person at your feet.
- Awareness: This is kind of a catch-all, but it covers a lot of things. The previously mentioned not using siege when it’s available is one example. Another is just paying attention to what’s around you, whether it’s making sure that another force isn’t coming up behind you or noticing the hole in the defenses that one of your teammates sacrificed themselves to make.

While we can’t keep the 50 man BP golem zerg from wiping our keep vs our 5-10 man team in the wee hours of the morning, we can at least make them pay harder for it and execute better when we do have the numbers.

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

Well a few people from BP have been on here saying we should learn like they did, maybe they can help out a guy from a T8 server and share some tricks?

I would like to learn where to place AC’s outside the north inner gate of Hills to be able to hit like this. I have other pics taken before this where the AC’s followed me back all the way from the supply near the gate.

The circles tracked me back all the way from they supply which is a pretty huge field of fire.

Attachments:

HOD since beta

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeraphina.1053

Zeraphina.1053

Ahem… well.. now that I’ve regained my composure from the LoL-fest I was suffering from…both from having read previous posts stating emphatically that ..“numbers have absolutely NOTHING to do with it…” and then having been subject to the 50+ man face rolling Omega Golem zerg-fest in EB a couple hours ago… I think it’s very safe to say that abso-freekin’-lutely NO ONE is ever gonna buy into that BS “it’s skill, not numbers” argument….like, ever… ever…

I seriously doubt we even had that many people scattered across all 4 maps.

Just sayin’

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vex.9426

Vex.9426

We in DDLG used a different strategy last night on BP’s BL. We took our typical 25-30 man prime-time group and split them up into 5 small mans, each with its own commander. We stayed in communication with each other to form merge groups when needed for larger objectives. In the beginning, the BP zerg would wipe one small man group while the 4 others were capping stuff. This strategy worked very well for quite some time. Eventually, BP split up into larger versions of our small mans, and still had a massive zerg to take larger objectives. The numbers finally overcame us, but we sure had a lot of fun, and made our mark on BP. Hope you BP guys enjoyed it as much as we did.

Commander Vexiq
Co-Leader of [DDLG]
DR

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Linanthony.1809

I don’t remember you guys killing us at all. We only wiped once and that was to DR who flanked us when we were attacking you guys.

Besides that, all I every saw you guys do was capture camps and your south tower.

I’m pretty sure BP has more then one group running around. Correct me if I’m wrong. I may not have seen your group, but we wiped a few others. Unless you’re saying that you were in every group that night.

Genesis Theory [GT]

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

DDLG has been honing open field tactics this weekend. Need a few more guardians for stability and better flank moves, but it is coming along. Was impressed with coordination of BP on open. Sure beats IoJ pvdooring our homeland while we sleep.

Yesterday was siege Sunday for me. I hid in Bay, VP came in and we ninja-ed it back, and I spent 10hrs solid building, manning, coordinating siege, and keeping eyes in everything of value. Nothing but respect for the DDLG guildies who did this yesterday. I think because of this we held Garrison and Bay til WP upgrades. Wonder if they got wrecked last night. Seemed like things turned around a lot when we went hard defensive yesterday.

Around 6-7pm all of that day of sitting on backsides manning siege in keeps was vented in a epic XP train. Yes HoD, your Harpies were pwned by our uplevels. Nice fight at N. camp. Took the uplevel zerg back to DR, and managed to convince another 5-10 commanders we needed to take down the Harpies there too. I think VP blew off steam and defended hills with golems…lol. Wonder if you guys used those golems on the Harpies? Then took the uplevel zerg to BP, where our goal was to build a treb in arrowcart fire on the south gate of Bay. Sadly, it did not happen. We did roll some other people with our zerglings though.

Liked the flexible force strategy we practiced yesterday. We were able to take a quite a few objectives before we had to sleep. Was it guild mission night on BP?

I sure am tired. Nice weekend guys.

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Lepew.7890)

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

I’m pretty sure BP has more then one group running around. Correct me if I’m wrong. I may not have seen your group, but we wiped a few others. Unless you’re saying that you were in every group that night.

I was the only commander leading BURN and some others who tagged along. There may have been small groups but not more than 5 people.

Stormbluff Isle

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Soul will GvG with anyone. Contact me or Kyle Finnegan.

I’ve had some great fights so far. It definitely seems that HoD and DR cannot keep up with numbers or coverage, but when primetime roles around you all put up a good fight! Bring the numbers, and I’ll happily send my guys crashing into your zergs win or lose

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

We were in your position 13 weeks in a row. What we did is improve.

I wasn’t at DR garrison in this instance so I can’t really say anything (although I highly doubt BP could cap anything without 5:1 numbers), but I find this statement hilarious. If by improve you mean “get more numbers” this statement would be correct.

Whether you like it or not, BP is a zerg server. With your numbers you should easily be in tier 4, if not tier 3, but you are left in tier 5 due to your lack of skill and tactics. Just another IoJ here everybody, nothing more to see.

we have a lot more numbers then you yes, but i dont think you realize what tier 3-4 is like, try 2 qued maps 90% of the day, tier 1-2 is 4 qued maps 100% of the day. During the week we struggle to que a map (we que 1 map during 5-10 server time on average)

Ehmry had easily 30-40% more numbers around the clock then we did, we held on pretty good to keep them in our tier, some of the servers in tier 4 we were probably on par with, but ehmry was the ones stuck in our tier for 13 weeks, not us. Ehmry is a tier 3-4 server, were tier 4-5.

you cant say we dont have skill when all u see is a zerg of numbers, and first off yes it takes skill and coordination to hit NW garri, a tower, and then hit water gate once ur distracted – try to get pugs to do that, you wont do so well.

All i can say is, get a public teamspeak that everyone on the server uses.

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Well a few people from BP have been on here saying we should learn like they did, maybe they can help out a guy from a T8 server and share some tricks?

I would like to learn where to place AC’s outside the north inner gate of Hills to be able to hit like this. I have other pics taken before this where the AC’s followed me back all the way from the supply near the gate.

The circles tracked me back all the way from they supply which is a pretty huge field of fire.

I’ve run into this a few times, with impossible to see locations being hit accurately with things like arrow carts, etc. If this were a closer match up, I would find it infuriating that either side would cheat, and call out my own server on it because winning dishonorably would make WvW considerable less fun for me.

But for a T5 to cheat to beat a T8, and then come to the forums to call it skill? I find it hilarious. And I guess we call all see what you “Learned” from your experiences in T5, like how to grief and bully the few people who show up to defend by hacking.

Kudos.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Hmmm… I see no one wants to talk about the kitten-whooping [Mend] & HoD gave BP & DR @ Stonemist last night.

Not only did we get in while it was under enemy control, we got past you & the Lord’s room to the 2nd floor and proceeded to farm you mercilessly for hours.
I believe you have been formally introduced to [Mend] now.

Was tasty. Ty for the badges & the WvW level

Commander Flappy had a dream, and we Menders like to make sure his dreams come true!

Naz ©

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

Place an AC next to the gate and you can use it to AoE everything inside.

Stormbluff Isle

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Isn’t WvW supposed to be like a war? I am curious what would happen if say the USA went to war with a small country and they complained we had too many troops there. Oh, that’s right we would laugh and continue destorying them.

People can complain about zergs, and numbers all they want. If you are so “skilled” at small fights go do spvp. Oh, wait that’s right you can’t because your “skill” involves rolling a thief and backstabbing upleveled people in wvw. Yeah got it.

Hmmm… I see no one wants to talk about the kitten-whooping [Mend] & HoD gave BP & DR @ Stonemist last night.

Not only did we get in while it was under enemy control, we got past you & the Lord’s room to the 2nd floor and proceeded to farm you mercilessly for hours.

Commander Flappy had a dream, and we Menders like to make sure his dreams come true!

So you were the guys who decided to open fire on a wall of reflection and kill yourselves? Or was that another group on the second floor?

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

With the new extra range skill and the right placement to see through the gate, not to mention no one killing the AC in question before it can wreak havoc, you can target quite far in past the gates. And if there’s a big moving target in range, it is AC feed.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I wasn’t at DR garrison in this instance so I can’t really say anything (although I highly doubt BP could cap anything without 5:1 numbers), but I find this statement hilarious. If by improve you mean “get more numbers” this statement would be correct.

Whether you like it or not, BP is a zerg server. With your numbers you should easily be in tier 4, if not tier 3, but you are left in tier 5 due to your lack of skill and tactics. Just another IoJ here everybody, nothing more to see.

we have a lot more numbers then you yes, but i dont think you realize what tier 3-4 is like, try 2 qued maps 90% of the day, tier 1-2 is 4 qued maps 100% of the day. During the week we struggle to que a map (we que 1 map during 5-10 server time on average)

Ehmry had easily 30-40% more numbers around the clock then we did, we held on pretty good to keep them in our tier, some of the servers in tier 4 we were probably on par with, but ehmry was the ones stuck in our tier for 13 weeks, not us. Ehmry is a tier 3-4 server, were tier 4-5.

you cant say we dont have skill when all u see is a zerg of numbers, and first off yes it takes skill and coordination to hit NW garri, a tower, and then hit water gate once ur distracted – try to get pugs to do that, you wont do so well.

EB was a tweener server (of which there have been many). It dominated your tier but would get dominated in the tier above it. DR fought EB in six matchups, including two that were DR/EB/BP.

Most DR will tell you that EB was (generally speaking) better in the open field than BP. We make these judgments on how EB did in relatively equal number fights compared to how BP did in relatively equal number fights.

On a side note: IMO, NSP is the most “skilled” server we’ve played when it comes to their overall population being tough to fight in the open field with relatively even numbers. Sorry, EB and Maguuma (you are tied for second though).

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Are you talking about the HoD BL last night? Because that was hilarious.

You guys showed up after capping the camp and fighting with our forces on the hill to put down rams. I got 7 badges from that attempt. You ran off, because having us outnumbered 3-to-1 wasn’t enough.

Then you came back and put your siege on the ledge underneath our only spawn point, where we could hit you while invulnerable. You used catapults, so that was maybe the only smart move you made, and we ranged you from above. 17 badges. You ran off again.

Finally you came back and set up a treb on the rise above the tower, which is hilarious, since you brought at least 30 people to defend the single treb, because you couldn’t be bothered to build 2, despite having the camp capped. We had about 10-12 people to defend, but of course, we would have to rush you to take out the treb… which we did.

12 badges.

So much skill and coordination.

Thanks for the badges, and I am glad you finally got your ADD zerg to settle down and actually focus for more than a smoke break and were able to take a few objectives.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

On a side note: IMO, NSP is the most “skilled” server we’ve played when it comes to their overall general population being tough to fight in the open field with relatively even numbers. Sorry, EB and Maguuma (you are tied for second though).

This has got to be the funniest thing I’ve ever read.

Stormbluff Isle

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Gab Superstar.4059

On a side note: IMO, NSP is the most “skilled” server we’ve played when it comes to their overall general population being tough to fight in the open field with relatively even numbers. Sorry, EB and Maguuma (you are tied for second though).

It kind of is true though.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

Last I checked, BP has 60k, DR 19k, HoD 16k, but it’s 2 days ago. Considering that BP is T5 and DR HoD are T7/8 (I don’t even know if tiers still exist anymore in this system?), the numbers do sound legit, and so outrageous the programmers need to be choked with bland KFCs

Eh, we faced SB, BP, DH, etc etc etc, all of which outnumber us every single time. The whole “come on, guys, we know how being outnumbered feels” doesn’t seem to be appropriate, considering being outnumbered is the entire reason why DR / HoD are in their tier. IF you are facing someone of higher tier, that sympathy holds water, but for the current match up, it doesn’t. So, for the love of GW2, please BP people, drop the whole act already we (DR and HoD) knows exactly how it feels to be outnumbered.

This strategy certainly is true. It’s simply a matter of not enough man to fill in the positions, either because they are simply not there or because they don’t like having to sit around (they’d rather watch Doctor Who)

I’m feeling like maybe you missed the point I was making with the score. DR and HoD are WINNING against BP this match. While the score may lead people to believe otherwise, and the commanders on here may feel good stomping a lower population server after a prolonged battle against a much larger WvW server in eBay, the truth is we aren’t doing as good as we should.

Notice in the red box the server evolution points. This shows if we are moving up or down in points. As you can clearly see, BP is losing.

Attachments:

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

In the context of running solo to 15 people, it is. NSP has more strong players that run in that range than any server we have fought. Keep in mind that the more people you run the less individual skill is required from each player.

The requirement for individual skill goes down, the requirement for smart leadership goes up.

Now, what old-schoolers consider skill are things like using your abilities and cooldowns efficiently and recognizing what skill your opponent is using and countering it with your own in a timely fashion. When you get in the 20v20 range it’s more about coordination and positioning which requires a good leader and good listeners. It’s a different type of skillset that can be appreciated in its own right, but its not what “old-school elitists” ( ;P ) consider to be individual skill.

That is why it rubs some people the wrong way when some BP talk about skill since they are working from a different definition of the word.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

I’m feeling like maybe you missed the point I was making with the score. DR and HoD are WINNING against BP this match. While the score may lead people to believe otherwise, and the commanders on here may feel good stomping a lower population server after a prolonged battle against a much larger WvW server in eBay, the truth is we aren’t doing as good as we should.

Notice in the red box the server evolution points. This shows if we are moving up or down in points. As you can clearly see, BP is losing.

No. All this clearly shows is how stupid the rating system is. I mean, it was always stupid but now it is incredibly stupid with the randomization thrown in.

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

In the context of running solo to 15 people, it is. NSP has more strong players that run in that range than any server we have fought. Keep in mind that the more people you run the less individual skill is required from each player.

The requirement for individual skill goes down, the requirement for smart leadership goes up.

Now, what old-schoolers consider skill are things like using your abilities and cooldowns efficiently and recognizing what skill your opponent is using and countering it with your own in a timely fashion. When you get in the 20v20 range it’s more about coordination and positioning which requires a good leader and good listeners. It’s a different type of skillset that can be appreciated in its own right, but its not what “old-school elitists” ( ;P ) consider to be individual skill.

That is why it rubs some people the wrong way when some BP talk about skill since they are working from a different definition of the word.

Thanks for the nice response. I was expecting something like “omg bp sucks you guys dont know any skill…”.

When we were vsing NSP like 3 months ago, I don’t particularly remember that much skill. Maybe it was shadowed by the presence of [Sekz]…

Stormbluff Isle

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Oozo.7856

Thanks for the nice response. I was expecting something like “omg bp sucks you guys dont know any skill…”.

When we were vsing NSP like 3 months ago, I don’t particularly remember that much skill. Maybe it was shadowed by the presence of [Sekz]…

I would have scoffed at my statement too based on NSP from 3 months ago. It really is a different server now with respect to smaller scale groups. Lots of tough fights there now.

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Naz.2607

You do realize that EB is the place where randoms and pugs go, right? Maybe if you want some respect you should go to a Borderland and fight actual guild groups.

The little I have seen of your guild I have not been very impressed by.

Good luck in the future.

I see I’ve struck a nerve.
From what I’ve read in the official forums, I thought this was the place for harmless smack-talk. Gee, I guess I was wrong.
Sorry, you’re kitten-hurt.
Lemme splain.
Mend barely goes to EB in the first place. Mend barely ever touches SMC. It was just a fluke idea that, of course, we succeeded at. Cuz that’s generally what we do.
…Until of course, we are given the 5:1 ratio we’ve been given this week. Which makes this “win” stand out all the more.

Let me make it clear, that I don’t give a kitten’s kitten about your respect.

Glad to have made an impression though. Most who come to know Mend, don’t forget us.
Have a wonderful day!

Naz ©

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Gab Superstar.4059

I see I’ve struck a nerve.

Oh please. Do you know who I am?

From what I’ve read in the official forums, I thought this was the place for harmless smack-talk. Gee, I guess I was wrong.

Coincidentally, this is also the place where people like you are being called out on your BS.

Sorry, you’re kitten-hurt.

I’m really not.

Lemme splain.

What?

Mend barely goes to EB in the first place. Mend barely ever touches SMC. It was just a fluke idea that, of course, we succeeded at. Cuz that’s generally what we do.

Right.

…Until of course, we are given the 5:1 ratio we’ve been given this week. Which makes this “win” stand out all the more.

I think there’s a conflict of definitions here. I normally don’t consider wiping unorganized pugs in a choke point with my entire server backing me up something that tends to stand out.

Let me make it clear, that I don’t give a kitten’s kitten about your respect.

This one normally works better if I actually have any respect for your guild in the first place.

Glad to have made an impression though. Most who come to know Mend, don’t forget us.

That’s called having a good memory.

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

HoD/DR/BP

in Match-ups

Naz.2607

I’m trying to take trolling lessons from you.
That last one was extremely helpful, ty
(no really)

Since this is the first time (since I have no idea when) that our servers have met, I look forward to meeting you again in the future
HoD is on the rise.

Oh wait… is that bad too? Server Pride?
School meh

Naz ©