JQ/TC/Maguuma 11/1/13 - Week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

I’m excited – my party/guild/whisper chats are working again!!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinra.9348

Shinra.9348

@Handin I think….

Mag doesn’t watch streams to ‘spy’ per se. We like to do ‘stream sniping’ my favorite was Bitcloud. It’s always enjoyable (maybe immature but this is a video game) to watch people rage over a video game when you kill them.

Bitcloud is my favorite to streamsnipe as well. When he moves to a different game because it’s too much. I know my job is done.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

@Handin I think….

Mag doesn’t watch streams to ‘spy’ per se. We like to do ‘stream sniping’ my favorite was Bitcloud. It’s always enjoyable (maybe immature but this is a video game) to watch people rage over a video game when you kill them.

Bitcloud is my favorite to streamsnipe as well. When he moves to a different game because it’s too much. I know my job is done.

Haha yes, or in this case… puts a password on it rofl

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

@Handin I think….

My entire guild used to participate in Bit hunting.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

If you’re talking about the NOPE commander I hate to break it to you but he isnt in NOPE

If he’s a commander in NOPE yet not a commander in NOPE, then nope?

I was moreso referring to hexin not being in NOPE, but yes, sniping bit is everyones favorite activity.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rance.4570

Rance.4570

Looking for Necros to duel from TC/MAG/JQ msg : Kitchen Cabinet

On-i.tumblr.com follow me on tumblr
Stomp or be stomped that is the code of the necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dedelta.5018

Dedelta.5018

i solo roam and can barely find people willing to fight without odds in their favor. It’s not just jq players who wont fight 1v1.

three [PiNK] thieves were in ruins on jqbl and if i managed to get one to wander off from from the other 2, he/she would cloak and dagger off an animal and run back to his buddies.

Don’t put your servers on some high pedestal because you think you fight unfair odds.

Please dont put your server on that same pedestal this is all I found when Roaming JQ BL during NA Prime time and Ocx times.

1st pic Ocx time
2nd pic NA time (I think Ganking Guild would fit better)

Cheers

Guilds that actually that I’ve seen so far is that [KoS] guy in the second pic and the Guild [Ark] guys I guess I will keep looking for all those other roamer guilds.

Attachments:

Master of Minions – [TSF] The Shining Force
Necromancer\Elementalist\Guardian\Theif
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

You want anecdotes? I’ll start recording my roaming sessions and you can see how many zergs I get 1v1’d by.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I feel so awful right now running perplex engi

But it’s completely necessary to fight “roam” groups of 5

On another note, why do JQ roamers deem it necessary to /laugh every time they swarm you with 15 people? Is that typical of T1?

JQ roamers feel like beating us 15v1 is an accomplishment. if it was 15v2 they would have lost. so they need something to feel good about themselves.

The other day my raid was cutting through butt lust and one of my guys said he can’t really solo roam anymore because of JQ 10 mans. I said that was ridiculous, but not before it left my mouth did we see a JQ 10 man group building siege atop Carver’s butt.

As I raid with 25-30 most of the time, I try my best not to gank roamers, but this time was an exception.

I spend most of my time in the ruins these days, and trust me, a 10 man isn’t even impressive compared to what I see. I’ve seen zergs of literally 20+ people just doing the ruins circle over and over, commander and all.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

You want anecdotes? I’ll start recording my roaming sessions and you can see how many zergs I get 1v1’d by.

I’m not saying that you guys don’t roam but when? But for a server that boasts of roamers I haven’t found many. I’ve actually been zerged/{ganked(5 people or more)} down by Mags during NA Prime Time than by JQ. Please don’t confuse Ganking with Roaming.

Here I will define them Ganking= looking for other roamers with bigger numbers than what roamers actually run usually.

Roaming= Looking for decent out-manned or even fights. a group of 5 is close to the term Gank squad because if your actually roaming you don’t usually have that many when running.

Please note I don’t condemn Ganking (except spawn camping) I just would like to find out what the real definition of roaming is. I tried to get OPP to see this but meh.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I’m not saying that you guys don’t roam but when? But for a server that boasts of roamers I haven’t found many. I’ve actually been zerged/{ganked(5 people or more)} down by Mags during NA Prime Time than by JQ. Please don’t confuse Ganking with Roaming.

Here I will define them Ganking= looking for other roamers with bigger numbers than what roamers actually run usually.

Roaming= Looking for decent out-manned or even fights. a group of 5 is close to the term Gank squad because if your actually roaming you don’t usually have that many when running.

Please note I don’t condemn Ganking (except spawn camping) I just would like to find out what the real definition of roaming is. I tried to get OPP to see this but meh.

Pretty sure I’ve never seen anyone from TSF doing either, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

Pretty sure I’ve never seen anyone from TSF doing either, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Again I asked the times that the roamers play so I can fight you guys reread

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

jq please accept my party invites i am really quite friendly tia

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Charlie.5680

Charlie.5680

CERN, AARM, PYRO and I’m surely missing someone else, great fights on MagBL tonight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: HotPants.5604

HotPants.5604

Great fights in Mag BL right now between Garrison and WK… Please get the cowards off the cannons and mortars WK defenders, we are not attacking the keep.

[PYRO] Pants
Maguuma – We give drama a bad name!

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

I haven’t had bags like that in a long time. Thanks for the fun, guys!

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

There’s 1-3 of us that roam around TC/JQ from 7-10 server time almost every night. Not the whole time, we start early or late some nights, depends on what’s going on.

We even let each other 1v1 as long as the person we run into doesn’t look like they are about to run….. which isn’t often. [VR] tag.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

So JQ do you like 15v1 roaming?

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Fun fights on MagBl.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Weekly Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
Hey all! It’s almost that time of the week again!

Can’t wait! Pretty much every alt has been carrying Dollie tonic’s since our first match in July. Yet, I haven’t been lucky enough to join in the fun. How about make this span multiple BL’s at once?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

some good MANCEN in magbl and ebg <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: aspry.6975

aspry.6975

Is this guy the legendary Coyote Killer?

Attachments:

Do you even balance anet?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

Weekly Tarnished Coast Dolyak Parade
Hey all! It’s almost that time of the week again!

Can’t wait! Pretty much every alt has been carrying Dollie tonic’s since our first match in July. Yet, I haven’t been lucky enough to join in the fun. How about make this span multiple BL’s at once?

Had low turnout since the season began. Probably best to keep it to one BL unless we know for sure that lots of people want to participate.

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Will there be an oceanic/SEA timezone one again? Last time we planned for 9 but it started at 10. Would be good to have one

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

JQ, Y U altF4?!

/charrs

I ? Karkas.

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

There’s 1-3 of us that roam around TC/JQ from 7-10 server time almost every night. Not the whole time, we start early or late some nights, depends on what’s going on.

We even let each other 1v1 as long as the person we run into doesn’t look like they are about to run….. which isn’t often. [VR] tag.

Yeah you guys are almost out of reach I usually run out patience around that time looking for fair fights which is when, that time is usually the worst time to roam btw I’m usually on my necro so no escaping/running for me. I solo roam about 3-4 hours before you guys get on. So I’m usually in a group around that time due to that time slot being the most Zergy time of the day.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

lol where are all the solo roamers?? i run in a group btw

e: lmao

(edited by kfarb.6732)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

i solo roam and can barely find people willing to fight without odds in their favor. It’s not just jq players who wont fight 1v1.

three [PiNK] thieves were in ruins on jqbl and if i managed to get one to wander off from from the other 2, he/she would cloak and dagger off an animal and run back to his buddies.

Don’t put your servers on some high pedestal because you think you fight unfair odds.

Please dont put your server on that same pedestal this is all I found when Roaming JQ BL during NA Prime time and Ocx times.

1st pic Ocx time

Cheers

Guilds that actually that I’ve seen so far is that [KoS] guy in the second pic and the Guild [Ark] guys I guess I will keep looking for all those other roamer guilds.

You got hit because we just fought both a TC and a JQ zerg and we were hoping you’d call for back up after getting hit to get them to chase us (they did shortly after). Sorry for the collateral damage, I guess? Thought you were their running tail.

Also, TyE doesn’t do OCX so ? edit: NM, your pictures are labeled incorrectly.

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

(edited by Hydrobutter.9172)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Special thanks to JQQ for their bag delivery service. That waypoint you guys had on WK really expedited the delivery time. I just wish people would have quit tagging the keep.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

A 5-man guild squad during NA primetime on a Tier 1 to Tier 2 server is very small (and rare). It’s just hard to get anything meaningful done with anything under 5 people when facing zergs of 40+. For Tier 1 to Tier 2 I usually consider anything 10 men and under to be small man roaming. 15 and over starts to cross my threshold into blobbing/zerging as the fights become less about individual skill and precision and more about throwing bodies at a target.

We usually run around 5-10 ppl during primetime and, when we face other organized guilds we’re almost always outnumbered in the fight, sometimes significantly like when we’re facing Agg and they’re running a 30 man blob. But then again that’s what we’re looking for and we keep our guild roster capped at around 15 members to achieve that goal…

Everyone has their own thresholds that define where small man roaming ends and blobbing begins. Some people considering anything under 25 people to be small man roaming. In general though, I’ve found that there seems to be an inverse correlation between player skill and roaming/blobbing threshold. That is, the more skilled a player is, typically the lower their threshold is for differentiating between roaming and blobbing.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

lol where are all the solo roamers?? i run in a group btw

e: lmao

Yeah during the times that its just not feasible for a necro to go solo which is when they roam props to them for roaming that time but I play the least mobile class in the game have you even tried necro?

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Hey. EXS here’s footage of our GvG, fun fights. Part 2 is uploading still I think.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

1st pic Ocx time

Cheers

Have to agree. I was roaming on Mag on ele and saw the normal few JQ/TC that wouldn’t engage in a 1v1. Finally found a ranger to 1v1 at ruins which turned into a 1v2 and then a 1v3 which was too much for me. Then next I found a fun duel vs a p/d thief and things weren’t looking good for him but it was interrupted by a Mag guardian so he refuged and ran.

Same stories a couple more times so I just went to EB and to k-train/badge train between SM and blue keep. 1v1 just won’t happen in NA primetime and I guess this t1 1vx roaming has to be handed on thief or else in groups of 3-10… zzz

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

1st pic Ocx time

Cheers

Have to agree. I was roaming on Mag on ele and saw the normal few JQ/TC that wouldn’t engage in a 1v1. Finally found a ranger to 1v1 at ruins which turned into a 1v2 and then a 1v3 which was too much for me. Then next I found a fun duel vs a p/d thief and things weren’t looking good for him but it was interrupted by a Mag guardian so he refuged and ran.

Same stories a couple more times so I just went to EB and to k-train/badge train between SM and blue keep. I guess this t1 1vx roaming has to be handed on thief or else in groups of 5-10… zzz

I’ve found that, when facing T1 servers any trickle of 1-2 players is usually a bad sign. Almost no one on these Tier 1 to Tier 1.5 servers run in groups of less than 10, so seeing a few people running around usually means there’s a roaming group or zerg somewhere close by that they’re trying to get back to, or are running ahead of.

This is particularly relevant of players from a few guilds you never see running blobs of less than 40, PiNK and HzH immediately coming to mind.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

Yeah during the times that its just not feasible for a necro to go solo which is when they roam props to them for roaming that time but I play the least mobile class in the game have you even tried necro?

You’re complaining about not finding solo roamers then say you’re often in a group. I solo roam a ton as a mesmer and I would just kitten right off if I saw a group of 3+ with a necro. I haven’t leveled a necro past 30 but I run into some when I’m out and they usually pressure me enough that I need to back off a bit.

Try another class maybe?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I play a necro and roam on it sometimes…. the mobility sucks but there’s really 2 things that help that.

1 – carry a staff, if your going to be in combat it offers a couple skills to limit the opponents mobility. Quick recharge too.
2 – if not in combat, flip in your signet of run speed, flip it out when approaching combat.

Can always run with warhorn too, or spectral walk 33%.

It’s not an issue with necro alone, so I wouldn’t call it out as class specific. In kitten, if your roaming during NA prime, and your about to get zerged down… it’s mostly because you weren’t paying attention to the approaching zerg. You can always see them coming and get away if need be. It’s not hard. Zerg commanders often are able to juke out there own zerg, no reason you can’t either if you have a huge headstart (if your sitting capping/ and decide the cap is more important that that space between you and the zerg, you already made your bed).

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s already Wednesday, is Maguuma ready to declare victory yet?

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

For next week’s matchup? Yeah, calling it now: Maguuma will be Blue team with 432,123 points at the end. Mal’ganis will be Green team with 21,231 points. Yak’s Bend will be Yellow team with a participation award.

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

You’re complaining about not finding solo roamers then say you’re often in a group. I solo roam a ton as a mesmer and I would just kitten right off if I saw a group of 3+ with a necro. I haven’t leveled a necro past 30 but I run into some when I’m out and they usually pressure me enough that I need to back off a bit.

Try another class maybe?

I’m not complaining I’m merely asking/ wanting to know where the solo roamers are when I do go solo. If you would read my posts above which i got an awesome response from. I wish I didn’t like to feed trolls but what class do you play?

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Dedelta.5018

1st pic Ocx time

Cheers

Same stories a couple more times so I just went to EB and to k-train/badge train between SM and blue keep. I guess this t1 1vx roaming has to be handed on thief or else in groups of 5-10… zzz

I’ve found that, when facing T1 servers any trickle of 1-2 players is usually a bad sign. Almost no one on these Tier 1 to Tier 1.5 servers run in groups of less than 10, so seeing a few people running around usually means there’s a roaming group or zerg somewhere close by that they’re trying to get back to, or are running ahead of.

This is particularly relevant of players from a few guilds you never see running blobs of less than 40, PiNK and HzH immediately coming to mind.

Yeah If i do see some the guilds that regularly blob I’ll start to run and WP unless they put me in combat Ill just fight till I die. You guys also run a very boon oriented team which means you probably run Cavs armor(sometimes mix armor) which makes you able to take on those larger groups but most of the people that I see roam are not usually running semi group oriented builds. This is just what I’ve noticed when seeing you guys fight. The 5-10 I usually consider a Havoc team or Ganking squad depending if they care about PPT or not.

@ Hexin.5603 I do have staff but swiftness will never be enough Necros are not made to exit combat unless they die or kill. I know you can do some stuff to get away its just in general once in combat always in combat. You can get away about 1/10th of the time but its usually futile so I just run into the zerg and die to speed up my death so I can go back to looking for other people.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Hold on let me check the scoreboard….yeah we’re number one from the bottom we win.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Same stories a couple more times so I just went to EB and to k-train/badge train between SM and blue keep. 1v1 just won’t happen in NA primetime and I guess this t1 1vx roaming has to be handed on thief or else in groups of 3-10… zzz

I probably found the same ranger if you’re talking about ~1h ago, same thing happened more or less. Eventually got a 1v1 against them at the NE ruins and they died, shocker. Also had a NOPE thief try and jump me outside of NET by the guard post and, shocker again, they died. After popping Shadow Refuge 2 or 3 times. Then I had a condi engi flop his kitten around for killing a meditations guard. Condi 2 stronk, v skill.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

As I raid with 25-30 most of the time, I try my best not to gank roamers, but this time was an exception.

The group I run with usually ganks roaming groups we pass. 9/10 times I just keep running with the commander or just stand away.

Few exceptions based on guild tags/emote spam

You’re in [NOPE], we watched your stream, you guys were calling for backup against a small group you out numbered. Please don’t spread lies on the forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

The group I run with usually ganks roaming groups we pass. 9/10 times I just keep running with the commander or just stand away.

You’re in [NOPE], we watched your stream, you guys were calling for backup against a small group you out numbered. Please don’t spread lies on the forums.

because one event totally represents most if not all other events, yes?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

@Handin I think….

My entire guild used to participate in Bit hunting.

“WHY DO I KEEP GETTING MOA’ED?!?”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

You guys also run a very boon oriented team which means you probably run Cavs armor(sometimes mix armor) which makes you able to take on those larger groups but most of the people that I see roam are not usually running semi group oriented builds. This is just what I’ve noticed when seeing you guys fight.

Not sure anyone runs cav, def more zerkers than cav.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

because one event totally represents most if not all other events, yes?

Patterns emerge after awhile though.

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

1st pic Ocx time

Cheers

Yeah If i do see some the guilds that regularly blob I’ll start to run and WP unless they put me in combat Ill just fight till I die. You guys also run a very boon oriented team which means you probably run Cavs armor(sometimes mix armor) which makes you able to take on those larger groups but most of the people that I see roam are not usually running semi group oriented builds. This is just what I’ve noticed when seeing you guys fight. The 5-10 I usually consider a Havoc team or Ganking squad depending if they care about PPT or not.

As Jaxs said I think most of us, especially DPS builds, run mostly zerker/higher dmg and lower toughness/vit builds. As the dedicated frontline hammer war I run mostly zerker (enough to get to 30% crit rate for 100% crit rate on stunned targets w/ fury and with no bloodlust, cause lets be honest how often does Mag have bloodlust) with some Cav trinkets.

We’ve generally found that the most effective way to break larger groups is by minimizing our own mistakes and coordinating smart use of our cooldowns while capitalizing on positioning and other errors that larger and less coordinated groups commit during the course of their roaming/attacking/defending or whatever.

To maximize exploitation of these mistakes, we need very high damage, so most of us are very heavy on our main dmg stats (power, crit %, crit dmg and condi dmg). Of course, the only way we’re able to get away with this is because we have absolutely phenomenal players on support, and the only reason we can be so aggressive is because we know if we get condi bombed or bursted a support will immediately have our back.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

deathTouch.9706

Unfortunately they slapped PW onto the twitch channel. It was fun while it lasted though.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You mag sure like to generalize.
PiNK running with blobs of 40? I’m not even sure I’ve seen pink run that large in months.
NOPE calling for backup defending a supply camp? Yeah pretty sure most guilds on our server do it…. and you do it too.

(also 40 = blob LOL)

#getgudmag

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]