The NA Bronze League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Before the big League deciding match next week, what are your revised predictions for how that match and the league will turn out?

Im still not sure who will win between HoD and SF and GoM has been surprising to say the least.

DH and HoD are having a closer match this week than i imagined would happen. FC isnt doing as good as we thought they would this week.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Before the big League deciding match next week, what are your revised predictions for how that match and the league will turn out?

Im still not sure who will win between HoD and SF and GoM has been surprising to say the least.

DH and HoD are having a closer match this week than i imagined would happen. FC isnt doing as good as we thought they would this week.

Its kinda nice that everything isn’t already decided. Its almost like it is actually competitive or something…

nah!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Like we’ve all been saying all along. Bronze league is the most competitive league. It’s the only league that you don’t know the results before leagues even start.

I feel a little bad for NSP & IoJ since they got trapped in Silver league.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Like we’ve all been saying all along. Bronze league is the most competitive league. It’s the only league that you don’t know the results before leagues even start.

Killed100 with 30 people , its constantly satisfying up here, The skill level really does start to drop the higher you get. Only coordination gets better.

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Killed100 with 30 people , its constantly satisfying up here, The skill level really does start to drop the higher you get. Only coordination gets better.

Oh, the old Mend bunkering… Where are mah trebs?!

Also I agree the level of skill on the higher servers is kinda pathetic… On SF/YB/ET week, Yak’s only won a fight when they heavily outnumbered us (which was 99,5% of the time). On even fights, they were a joke…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Judging the week where SF faced DH, with this week where HoD is facing DH. And also that we faced both server… I’m willing to place my bet on Big Bro.

HOWEVER. We know that a large chunk of SF numbers are the fairweather that come out on easy matchups. If they decide to flee from HoD, SF stand no chance against HoD.

My two cents…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Also I agree the level of skill on the higher servers is kinda pathetic… On SF/YB/ET week, Yak’s only won a fight when they heavily outnumbered us (which was 99,5% of the time). On even fights, they were a joke…

Been open fielding fighting rather then bunkering recently actually. Its just sad how fast they run when you smash into them.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

HoD is going to roll over SF. I would actually prefer to see it the other way around, so hopefully my instincts are off. In the end I see it as HoD, SF, DH. That third spot is the most competitive.

ET really got hosed with 2 really tough matchups to start the league. Also we had been really pushing hard the few weeks leading up to the league season. A combination of burn-out and a tough time dealing with adversity early on tripped us up. Things seem like they might be headed back in the right direction now tho. I hope anyways!

As the season progresses I think there will be a dropoff for other servers and ET will see an uptick. In the end we will be competitive despite the rough start. Also we have been working to adapt tactics to the league system. In the end we will also play a lot smarter.

And the second place server is going to always get smashed hard in the league setup. It makes full sense for the big dog to TKO their competition early in the matchup and the 3rd place server to put the pressure on to ninja second.

-brotha

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

Been open fielding fighting rather then bunkering recently actually. Its just sad how fast they run when you smash into them.

I really want to see this! Ive never seen an open field fight with Mend sans-arrow carts. New Mend sounds interesting. I certainly hope this is true because I am just one of those old fashioned geezers who likes to man up and fight. No chairs like the Million Dollar Man would use in the ring. No lead pipes Tonya Harding style. No rolls of quarters.

-brotha

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Mend fighting in the open field? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH FLAPPYBOB?!

This just ain’t right…

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

These super 133t upper tiers demand open field fights… too chicken to charge a choke point :c At least you guys all had balls of steel <3

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

clint.5681

I wanna say GoM has been doing an excellent job in these leagues and I see ET is doing better this week, good luck against FC this friday.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

HoD is going to roll over SF.

-brotha

We should be so lucky, we have lost more people in the last two weeks to boredom more than PVE or fairweather-finishing-achievement-hunters (FFAH)

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Week 42
Sorrow’s Furnace 254,758
Darkhaven 215,289
Eredon Terrace 209,477

Pretty close week!

I’m predicting HOD wins this week by no less than 50k points. I’m going to love the next 2 weeks fighting SF, it will ultimately decide who wins Bronze League.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

The truth is: The dominant server will always choose who will be second… And both SF and HoD choose that ET was going to be 3rd… Period.

That’s a lie.
ATM SF would like DR to be 2nd. But they aren’t helping themselves.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Glad we aren’t the only ones who noticed.
Also, it seems they gave up in silver league now that they faced equal populations. They got wrecked.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

The truth is: The dominant server will always choose who will be second… And both SF and HoD choose that ET was going to be 3rd… Period.

That’s a lie.
ATM SF would like DR to be 2nd. But they aren’t helping themselves.

Ahh idk about that, far as i know we arent choosin sides

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Week 42
Sorrow’s Furnace 254,758
Darkhaven 215,289
Eredon Terrace 209,477

Pretty close week!

I’m predicting HOD wins this week by no less than 50k points. I’m going to love the next 2 weeks fighting SF, it will ultimately decide who wins Bronze League.

They’ll win by way more than 50k points. Dh could stop them, we coulda kept it within 30 or maybe even 20k if we tried, but we’re tired at this point. It takes a lot of effort, and a lot of money, that we just won’t put out to have a higher score. Keep that in mind though, the point disparity we will have is not out of being incapable of doing better, but of being unwilling. :/

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Week 42
Sorrow’s Furnace 254,758
Darkhaven 215,289
Eredon Terrace 209,477

Pretty close week!

They’ll win by way more than 50k points. Dh could stop them, we coulda kept it within 30 or maybe even 20k if we tried, but we’re tired at this point. It takes a lot of effort, and a lot of money, that we just won’t put out to have a higher score. Keep that in mind though, the point disparity we will have is not out of being incapable of doing better, but of being unwilling. :/

Yeah, after how hard our late night/early day time (and the rest of the times) people worked last week, I don’t blame them. They really helped us to win last week. And we just can’t match HoDs numbers, so why try to bust ourselves if we’ll still only make 2nd. Better to take it slower this week and save some more energy for future weeks.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

The next match-up between SF/HoD/GoM is going to decide who takes first.

And GoM, you get to choose who you dislike more. :P

YOU HAVE THE POWER!

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

YOU HAVE THE POWER!

I hate you both equally, but I love money. Let’s talk business.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

YOU HAVE THE POWER!

Well, Devona can interfere on the following week SF/DR/HoD, which will be very interesting if SF win one and HoD win another…

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

YOU HAVE THE POWER!

Well, Devona can interfere on the following week SF/DR/HoD, which will be very interesting if SF win one and HoD win another…

There are people on Devona?

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

YOU HAVE THE POWER!

Yes, yes there are and they shouldn’t be underestimated.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

YOU HAVE THE POWER!

Yes, yes there are and they shouldn’t be underestimated.

Same with AR. They may not have numbers, but do not underestimate them in a fair fight. Bad things will happen.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Same with AR. They may not have numbers, but do not underestimate them in a fair fight. Bad things will happen.

I agree, AR could really bring the fight when they wanted to when it was SF\Kain\AR. Still shudder when I think of all those AoE circles surrounding Ogrewatch.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Who else is stoked for this weeks match-up against the big boys?

SF/HoD/GoM

Awwwwww yeah!

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

5g on SF

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

clint.5681

I can’t wait, hope we can stay competitive. I still haven’t experienced this new GoM so ill be wary.

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I agree Clint, I really hope the fairweathers are up for a challenge and don’t just go back to PvE because the fights are harder.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

I feel bad for GoM lol. They got 3rd place against Dh and FC, and look at how FC is doing against SF and Dh is doing against HoD lol. I mean, towards the end of our matchup, Dh pretty much just took and held all of their stuff, literally, their EB stuff and their BL stuff belonged to Dh like 90% of the time. I really don’t think any bronze server is going to have fun in match against both HoD and SF lol.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

kitten it GoM! You’re screwing up my predictions.

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I feel bad for GoM lol. They got 3rd place against Dh and FC, and look at how FC is doing against SF and Dh is doing against HoD lol. I mean, towards the end of our matchup, Dh pretty much just took and held all of their stuff, literally, their EB stuff and their BL stuff belonged to Dh like 90% of the time. I really don’t think any bronze server is going to have fun in match against both HoD and SF lol.

I know we aren’t right now

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Oops…

Let me help you with your predictions for next week.

GoM will get third. We have improved a lot, but not enough to upset the #1 and #2 teams. However, we have grown enough to troll them all week. -evil laugh-

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

We’re helpers!
See you Friday

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Sorrow’s Furnace got a second thread locked… So actual score is:

SF 2×0 HoD

Go big bro!

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Sorrow’s Furnace got a second thread locked… So actual score is:

SF 2×0 HoD

Go big bro!

We are rooting for 1st place on thread locking (Although the last thread lock was weird, we were starting to get along due to fight club o_o)

Attachments:

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

It has been a while since we went up against HoD. Both SF and HoD have undergone some big changes since then. Manpower aside, SF has become far more strategic server wide then we have been in the past.

As I said before, we will have a close match during NA prime time, there will be some absolutely awesome fights regardless of outcome, and the match will be decided by our respective servers off-times.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

See you in four hours babe <3 Please dress nicely we are gonna have a night out in the town.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

See you in four hours babe <3 Please dress nicely we are gonna have a night out in the town.

Well, then you might miss the fun! We are planning on inviting ourselves in while you are away, please leave the candles and food out so we don’t have to destroy the whole place looking for them… :P

On a more serious note, REALLY looking forward to this match. Both HoD and GoM, I do not think the fights will be lacking!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I cant wait, LOL am not supposed to be on these forums till I get home from work, but o well.

FYI, I am dressed very nicely. Rockin a heavy asura in full nightmare with celestial/abyss with a bronze general title, occasional commander tag and a jugg for the extra shinies for the extra thief bait.

Please target me I thrive on that.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

I will be the jugaloo norn thief or the charr with the pink quaggan hat and bell. Come at me if you dare.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Can we start bets pls?

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Only bet I’m taking is that their thread will get closed.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Only reason threads get closed is because they are full of tears from the losing sides. Since this should be a competitive match up and HoD and GoM seems to have some cool cats on their forum crew i doubt that will happen.

I also wish i could set up a betting system but idk if thats against Anets rules or not.

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Only reason threads get closed is because they are full of tears from the losing sides. Since this should be a competitive match up and HoD and GoM seems to have some cool cats on their forum crew i doubt that will happen.

I also wish i could set up a betting system but idk if thats against Anets rules or not.

Would you settle for a polling system? :P
http://strawpoll.me/673580

in Match-ups

clint.5681

I guess it will have to do

in Match-ups

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Excellent. Vote #3 for great justice.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Excellent. Vote #3 for great justice.

I voted for GoM even though I know you guys will lose <3

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I looked at the poll and realized it would end up being a popularity contest.

See above posts.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

(edited by Avatar of Belle.9623)