Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Message me in game for an actual GvG setup ‘Hexxed.8023’. I have also sent you an in game mail attempting to contact you more directly.

The way he ended his comment with “dont you leave till we arrive”, it sounds to me as though he plans to have your guild stand around waiting for quite some time………………

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Did SoR changed their gameplay back when SoS was still in T1? I remember they were passive and keeping their own corners and not really playing for ppt.

In a manner of speaking, yes we did change our gameplay. We have to be very aggressive now in order to get any fights at all. Most of the time if we sit in our corner and do nothing no one comes to us. There is no action no fights. When we first came to t1 JQ and SoS were more than happy to come a knocking at our door, or in a field of battle. Now more than anything we are spotted and the enemy zerg runs into their tower or keep 90% of the time. So, in return we have begun to just bulldoze everything in our path to make sure we get our fights/loot bags every night. I wish it was different I really do. But I honestly think that the fact that SoR BL is red 90% of the time a day after reset is an indicator that JQ and BG would rather not fight us. It is true however they are more than willing to send 10 omegas into SoR BL every so often to catch us off guard, which works 50% of the time. (mostly because finding scouts who want to sit and watch a gate for hours at a time with little prospect of it ever being hit is difficult) Most of the time SoR BL= Karma train of camp and sentry post with an odd tower thrown in from time to time.

I miss the good old days where no matter what BL you were in that night there was good fighting to be had. While I don’t think any t2 server would have the coverage to win in t1 I would like to give them all a chance, you never know it might be surprising. At the very least it would be a change of faces and hopefully some renewed action.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in Match-ups

Posted by: MalevolenceCO.4120

MalevolenceCO.4120

Message me in game for an actual GvG setup ‘Hexxed.8023’. I have also sent you an in game mail attempting to contact you more directly.

The way he ended his comment with “dont you leave till we arrive”, it sounds to me as though he plans to have your guild stand around waiting for quite some time………………

You failed me yet again Starscream!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Am having trouble understanding why JQ decided to let BG roll them in what could likely be the final meeting of this T1 line up.

Not sure if serious.

I knew something was wrong when a little cute JQ ran into a BG’s arms..

DEAD GIVEAWAY :P

http://youtu.be/nZcRU0Op5P4

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Did SoR changed their gameplay back when SoS was still in T1? I remember they were passive and keeping their own corners and not really playing for ppt.

In a manner of speaking, yes we did change our gameplay. We have to be very aggressive now in order to get any fights at all. Most of the time if we sit in our corner and do nothing no one comes to us. There is no action no fights. When we first came to t1 JQ and SoS were more than happy to come a knocking at our door, or in a field of battle. Now more than anything we are spotted and the enemy zerg runs into their tower or keep 90% of the time. So, in return we have begun to just bulldoze everything in our path to make sure we get our fights/loot bags every night. I wish it was different I really do. But I honestly think that the fact that SoR BL is red 90% of the time a day after reset is an indicator that JQ and BG would rather not fight us. It is true however they are more than willing to send 10 omegas into SoR BL every so often to catch us off guard, which works 50% of the time. (mostly because finding scouts who want to sit and watch a gate for hours at a time with little prospect of it ever being hit is difficult) Most of the time SoR BL= Karma train of camp and sentry post with an odd tower thrown in from time to time.

I miss the good old days where no matter what BL you were in that night there was good fighting to be had. While I don’t think any t2 server would have the coverage to win in t1 I would like to give them all a chance, you never know it might be surprising. At the very least it would be a change of faces and hopefully some renewed action.

Regards to SoRBL being red all the time, its not because we don’t want to fight you but its extremely difficult to rally the people we need to break that map. SoR is always smart and has a guild there ready for anyone who tries + militia. Its never easy breaking that map even if we find a way to. So don’t think we trying to avoid you.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Gradualy going back playing Guild Wars 2.. Finally its been 2 months i haven’t played..

I dedicated this to BG, especially to my own guild [RISE].. I’m back <3 underdogs days will be over..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1kvdLrrTcK4

Edited by: Zandon

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

(edited by SpitFire.4690)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

That BG megazerg on JQ BL.. holy crap..

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

People really worry about emotes and them come on the forums to complain about them?

Yes

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

It’s been a fun week.

To BG and JQ, we salute you.

Hope to see you all next week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinix.2135

Cinix.2135

Don’t really care what happens, Wagonbrand or kitten Coast, either way. Both can field comparable numbers to BG/JQ/SoR. TC and SoR have something in common, server wide blobs per map. Makes WvW look bad when that kind of approach to it is not only necessary but required.

Dat PPT… So boring.

BT is bored already?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!

Thats not what he said at all……The server wide zerg blob approach to PPT is boring.

We have been having fun.

Perhaps they are forming a blob in response to the borderland crashing blobs that BT and RISE have been running lately. SOR NA usually has several groups going on a single map during NA prime and only form up to counter a blob….

Loooooooooooool wow. What do we have here. Enough forums for me today have fun ya’ll.

How is that enough forums for you? you have only posted in this thread and the only other thread you posted about was WPs in WvW. I guess this thread is where you decided to start kitten and pretend you can troll.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Almost as big as a normal SOR zerg. Not quite there, but we are trying.

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

^^ you’ll get there soon. ; ))

sad as is, the most WvW action i’ve been getting for the past couple of weeks.. or even month??? has been reading the threads here. anyone wanna switch jobs with me?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: PhilBrank.4965

PhilBrank.4965

Good fights tonight! Was great fun working with RISE, we really coordinated well tonight!

Had one helluva battle to end the night in the JQ garri, only my second time commanding so it was quite the rush! Thanks for the fights all

Tsorin – Warrior [RET]

in Match-ups

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Very random question… But any idea which of our servers has the largest W3 Anet employee population? Only ever seen an employee once who was an animator and that was in lobby for Wintersday jumping puzzle.

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

Great fights [vH]! Thanks for coming out.

Hm

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

^^ you’ll get there soon. ; ))

sad as is, the most WvW action i’ve been getting for the past couple of weeks.. or even month??? has been reading the threads here. anyone wanna switch jobs with me?

Someone needs to. So we can murder each other!

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Great fights [vH]! Thanks for coming out.

What was the score if you are talking about GvG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

People really worry about emotes and them come on the forums to complain about them?

Yes

@magikfox

Only emotes I ordered last night was when we were flipping SoR’s T3 bay in SoR BL.

I ordered everyone to cheer TKG on while they fought you when you tried to set up ninja siege behind us outside of bay on the hill only to be met with force by JQ.

Hell yeah I cheered TKG on, what bros.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Almost as big as a normal SOR zerg. Not quite there, but we are trying.

I would tell you to fix that hole you have first…but..

http://youtu.be/bFEoMO0pc7k

Aint nobody got time fo dat

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

Meanwhile, by the windmill..

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Meanwhile, by the windmill..

JQ are really good sport, the GVG was nice to watch too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Very random question… But any idea which of our servers has the largest W3 Anet employee population? Only ever seen an employee once who was an animator and that was in lobby for Wintersday jumping puzzle.

I know JonPeters and his crew play on SoR. I remember him talking about balancing in SoR LA and then later that day running with him and a few other Anet Devs in a WvW zerg @ EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

I know JonPeters and his crew play on SoR. I remember him talking about balancing in SoR LA and then later that day running with him and a few other Anet Devs in a WvW zerg @ EB

I remember that he was sitting in Anz and we mesmer pulled 3 anet devs off into WM lead group, they we’rent developed enough to survive.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Someone needs to. So we can murder each other!

i was about to say, you wanna, Bash?
but then that wouldn’t really work now would it.
i’m gonna try to get on this weekend, yes? ; ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

There are few people that know how to break a tier 3 defended keep against entrenched forces. After the you need the right numbers to do so.

The issue is that we in RK is mostly needed some where else. So the question is do we spend 1-2 hours hitting a keep that will be hard to take even if it goes our way or do we help our own guys in another Borderland that is under attack.

If i had time i would be sieaging your borderland for the challenge, but i have to help my server first over all.

When JQ had the upper hand during Asian RK often enough logged on and took our borderland back and started the process of building it up so that NA was free to attack the other two sides.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Predictions for who we fight next week?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

SOR vs JQ vs BG

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

salluks.6017

mostly same match again, maybe DB will replace one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

SOR vs JQ vs BG

T2 ratings are too low for there to be a change.
But there could be the slightest of chances for a SoR vs BG vs TC

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

The matchup I want to see is DB/JQ/BG, but the pessimist in me thinks thakittens going to be BG/SOR/JQ

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

salluks.6017

Even though i absolutely hate MERC for blobbing and lagging the whole map everytime they are on.

Kudos to you guys, i commend the effort you put in your server, u remind me a lot of IRON of desolation who practically had to carry the server all day , which means blobbing becomes necessary.

I don’t really play during NA time that much, but i play on every other timezone and you guys are always there doing your thing.
i really think without you guys BG wont even be a tier 1 server. real nice effort there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

If anything, SoR has more emote spammers and I usually tell guys off if they do that because it is pretty douchy. I prefer to tell people to bow if we’ve had a good fight, but emote spamming is usually done by a handful of individuals from all servers.

Sure we do, but I’ve only notticed the BG emote spammers are quite active in MERC zergs. I agree it’s completely douchy and i even go out of my way to tell the guy who laughs over somebodies body after a duel to have a little respect and how kitten rude it is.

If you think we do it more, you’re dreaming though. Sometimes it’s pages and pages and pages from you guys. And it happens with the MERC zerg. Maybe you have all the BG trolls following (you got oxide with you, so that’s a start), but yeah, it is only an observation. Or maybe it only happens when Magikarps’ is leading :PPP

I really want some of that stuff that SOR is on, must be the good stuff. Must be how they justify all the trolls in there “great community”.

What BG has to deal with all the time from SOR, and if they can wipe us it can go on for like more then a min of just emote spam. Talk about class.

These are just all BG spies though following you around every night thought right? Trying to make your server look bad though, cause SOR never does this kinda stuff

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

I remember spamming it on a female Human.
made it look like a really stupid dance!

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Cover girl spotted!

My GOD I’m beautiful! Good work this week guys. MERC, did you say you were going to be supplying the Mojitos™ this week? I keep trying to ask but you guys run every time I see you :<

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Hello everybody!

Look, it’s been real fun, but if I have to fight you all again next week, I’m going to pee on my laptop and set it on fire. So, let’s all put our quarters in the wish machine and hope that one of us, at least, gets to play 2 new opponents, that we everyone at least gets a chance to face one new server.

To be fair, it should be SoR who fights 2 new servers. Then, there might actually be a chance that those new servers would band together to take down SoR or at least make it a good fight.

Lets face it. Scores haven’t been close for a while. Even when BG gets new guilds, it doesn’t seem to help them get closer. The only thing that will bring interest back to the ‘lesser T1 servers’ is new blood. It’s no fun pulling out all the stops and playing to your best ability only to have someone just throw more bodies at you to win. When you beat that havoc squad and then 20 reserves show up, so you beat them back then 50 more reserves show up. To take a camp. That your guarding with 5 people.

So, hopefully JQ and BG will get a brief respite from the Hoard of Rall and get to fight even numbers for a little while. I mean, seeing as how neither server will even consider helping the other against SoR ever.

But if the oh so predictable matchup happens again (we all know it will), then I think we’re going to see a lot of attrition due to boredom from all 3 servers… At least on JQ/BG we have the challenge of beating the superior numbers and craptastic double teams… what does SoR get for a challenge? A door? Those 5 guys standing in the way of your 50 man zerg at spawn tower?

I’ve been on the top server before ticking 600 against zero resistance and it’s no fun. How long before SoR gets bored? because even with a new match up for them… there won’t be much better competition than BG/JQ. It’s the curse of being the top server. SoS saw it, JQ saw it. Now, SoR folks are starting to see it. There’s nothing special about being first when you have twice as many players even in prime time…

Let’s see if they can survive the death spiral!

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Hello everybody!

Look, it’s been real fun, but if I have to fight you all again next week, I’m going to pee on my laptop and set it on fire. So, let’s all put our quarters in the wish machine and hope that one of us, at least, gets to play 2 new opponents, that we everyone at least gets a chance to face one new server.

To be fair, it should be SoR who fights 2 new servers. Then, there might actually be a chance that those new servers would band together to take down SoR or at least make it a good fight.

Lets face it. Scores haven’t been close for a while. Even when BG gets new guilds, it doesn’t seem to help them get closer. The only thing that will bring interest back to the ‘lesser T1 servers’ is new blood. It’s no fun pulling out all the stops and playing to your best ability only to have someone just throw more bodies at you to win. When you beat that havoc squad and then 20 reserves show up, so you beat them back then 50 more reserves show up. To take a camp. That your guarding with 5 people.

So, hopefully JQ and BG will get a brief respite from the Hoard of Rall and get to fight even numbers for a little while. I mean, seeing as how neither server will even consider helping the other against SoR ever.

But if the oh so predictable matchup happens again (we all know it will), then I think we’re going to see a lot of attrition due to boredom from all 3 servers… At least on JQ/BG we have the challenge of beating the superior numbers and craptastic double teams… what does SoR get for a challenge? A door? Those 5 guys standing in the way of your 50 man zerg at spawn tower?

I’ve been on the top server before ticking 600 against zero resistance and it’s no fun. How long before SoR gets bored? because even with a new match up for them… there won’t be much better competition than BG/JQ. It’s the curse of being the top server. SoS saw it, JQ saw it. Now, SoR folks are starting to see it. There’s nothing special about being first when you have twice as many players even in prime time…

In before the media cover-up.

Our server is only very high.
We had to endure weeks of being undermanned but we always showed up.
Its JQ BG who have the zergs.

Repeat ad zergium.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

well I was trying to hide in hills around 5 mins ago…but not like this…

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

I dont know how I ended up inside a structure near the inner supply depot

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Hello everybody!

Well… We really should be spreading out across the tiers for more active match variety and balance. But great community, friends, don’t feel like starting over, blablaaahblaaaa, garblefloggleblouse, nargalopifliss. Everything you personally spouted around a month ago.
Just recruit and QQ kthx

in Match-ups

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I dont know how I ended up inside a structure near the inner supply depot

Check your mail. You’re freaking out the OCD part of my brain.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

Hello everybody!

Fortunately for us, if i’m not mistaken we’ve never come close to ticking 600 ppt at any point in time during our match up history. Until then, our boredom will have to stay in check i guess.

In regards to competition, if you meant in terms of topping the scoreboard, then yea; only BG/JQ(as far as we know) are SoR’s only competition. But as far as battling in the borderlands vs. other Guilds from other servers, i’m sure the majority of the guilds from any server who reads this will say “Yea, we’d love to fight SoR and give them a run for their money!” I’m sure we’d love to fight the NA guilds from TC(PiNK, TV, etc.) again. Those guys definitely competed back when we were in T2 despite the huge coverage gap at the time. And i’m sure there are other like-minded guilds from other servers. We just haven’t had the privilege to greet them on the battlefield.

Käï | Sanctum

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Who will come in second or third? 9k difference between jq and bg. Everyones working overtime.

This matchup is too close to call at the moment

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

Been a good week, despite the exact same matchup taking place, but that’s probably because it’s significantly more difficult for the top tiers to shuffle opponents around. BT as a guild would like nothing more than to face TC & FA, just for old times sake. We are enjoying our new home on BG, nearly everyone has transfered, and we’re going to be running full force tonight after reset.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

If anything, SoR has more emote spammers and I usually tell guys off if they do that because it is pretty douchy. I prefer to tell people to bow if we’ve had a good fight, but emote spamming is usually done by a handful of individuals from all servers.

Sure we do, but I’ve only notticed the BG emote spammers are quite active in MERC zergs. I agree it’s completely douchy and i even go out of my way to tell the guy who laughs over somebodies body after a duel to have a little respect and how kitten rude it is.

If you think we do it more, you’re dreaming though. Sometimes it’s pages and pages and pages from you guys. And it happens with the MERC zerg. Maybe you have all the BG trolls following (you got oxide with you, so that’s a start), but yeah, it is only an observation. Or maybe it only happens when Magikarps’ is leading :PPP

I really want some of that stuff that SOR is on, must be the good stuff. Must be how they justify all the trolls in there “great community”.

What BG has to deal with all the time from SOR, and if they can wipe us it can go on for like more then a min of just emote spam. Talk about class.

These are just all BG spies though following you around every night thought right? Trying to make your server look bad though, cause SOR never does this kinda stuff

Let’s not talk about class here…
It’s obvious none of those emotes were directed at BG in a disrespectful way, there are no corpses jumped on and it’s just someone spamming surprised and one laugh all far away from BG tower and players. You had to tell BG players not to spam emotes which mean they already did previous to the screenshots, Roxiis still waved after the fact so most likely those SoR players were just responding. The posts above refer to emotes spamming like laughs and sometimes jumping over dead bodies.
Nice try though.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

(edited by Zen.8497)

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

It’s obvious none of those emotes were directed at BG in a disrespectful way, there are no corpses jumped on and it’s just someone spamming surprised and one laugh all far away from BG tower and players. You had to tell BG players not to spam emotes which mean they already did previously to the screenshots, Roxiis still waved after the fact so most likely those SoR players were just responding. The posts above refer to emotes spamming like laughs and sometimes jumping over dead bodies.
Nice try though.

Emotes give the game a human feel.
IMO, Just dont constantly emote the same person over and over again.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uric.3280

Uric.3280

Emotes can be worth a thousand words if you use them occasionally and don’t spam them.

Just the other day I got rolled by 5 JQ whilst solo escorting a yak. Managed to get vengeance off before I was stomped so I /cry. The 5 jq left me until my time was up and I dropped dead then they all /salute.

Cheers guys, made the pain of losing my friend Dave the Dolly a lot more bearable.
-sniffle-

Sarhill – Warrior | Sarhil – Thief | Sarduck – Necromancer
Oceanix Commander ~ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

It’s obvious none of those emotes were directed at BG in a disrespectful way, there are no corpses jumped on and it’s just someone spamming surprised and one laugh all far away from BG tower and players. You had to tell BG players not to spam emotes which mean they already did previously to the screenshots, Roxiis still waved after the fact so most likely those SoR players were just responding. The posts above refer to emotes spamming like laughs and sometimes jumping over dead bodies.
Nice try though.

Emotes give the game a human feel.
IMO, Just dont constantly emote the same person over and over again.

People sometimes spam emotes like surprised just because of the animation and they are not even directed at anyone. In order to be directly rude it has to be over dead bodies or show it is directed to a player like Server Rank Player laughs at Server Rank Player.
Anyhow, I do not think this will ever go away because it goes back and forth.

in Match-ups

Fuzzion.2504

Emotes can be worth a thousand words if you use them occasionally and don’t spam them.

Just the other day I got rolled by 5 JQ whilst solo escorting a yak. Managed to get vengeance off before I was stomped so I /cry. The 5 jq left me until my time was up and I dropped dead then they all /salute.

Cheers guys, made the pain of losing my friend Dave the Dolly a lot more bearable.
-sniffle-

Thanks for your kind words about JQ. <—hugs—>

It is common understanding in gw2 that if you /cry , it means dont kill me or let me finish this quest/task/escort/etc.

/bow or /salute are the most courteous emotes.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

-sniffle-

It is the intent that matters which transpires through the emote used, they can be uplifting or demeaning pending on intent.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

Good job SoR, another week at #1

Good job JQ and BG too. Hope you get what you want and rng drop to Tier 2 to fight DB.