Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

SBI when they’re winning: We’re just more skilled. We have weak coverage.

Care to back this up with some quotes?

You seem to be illiterate. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illiterate)

SBI is so desperate they are sending spies to drain supply at our keeps, because they can’t get them back honestly. LOL.

Yes I am sure this was a SBI directive.

So much collective stupidity in the one thread, ugh.

http://m.dictionary.com/definition/Baited?linkid=ibc5yn&srcpage=definition&site=dictwap

Oh, so you’re desperate for attention. Right. Chin up things will get better. <3

Eh hardly. I’m only here to see how many ex-dr/dh bads I can bait. Respect to native sbi people, nothin but good fights from those who rebuilt. I’m sorry your transfers bring down your rep so much though.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

This match up thread is so entertaining.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

Sure thing, Ckrael. I’ll get back to you.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Transferring to other servers should NOT be allowed during WvW seasons to avoid trolling and griefing. It is ridiculous to spend 1800 gems for transfer just to troll your enemy server. I hope ANet does something about this when the season ends.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

You know….I wanted to win this week so badly or at least have it so close it comes down to Thursday night/Friday. You know why I wanted to win? Because it would be a total upset to the league. It would be like the underdog winning. Before the leagues started the highest someone saw us at was 4th but most saw us at 5th or 6th. It’s amazing to be 3rd but a possible 2nd!? Wow, just wow.

I wanted to show that while it is a numbers game, there can still be amazing fights, amazing defenses and it doesn’t have to be a rollover. It can be close with interesting strats and different sets of people working towards the same goal ALL day long.

But these “spies” just ruin it. I don’t care if they are from a different server or if they’re home grown and just spiteful. Either way they aren’t funny or cute or anything.

If this is normal behavior for T1, then I never want to get up there.

Ok, my one and only QQ post is done.

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Yeah…it’s normal behavior for Tier 1. Did I ever tell you the time about the Blackgate griefer who dropped 14 of my Omegas off a cliff? =P You gotta run some deep purses if you wanna stay sane playing there.

And if you want to see a total upset to a league…well, there’s still always NA Gold. *cough*SoR*cough*

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Don’t give in over a few stupid spies yb. Every server in silver is rooting for you to win. The longer you keep the lead the less non-dedicated players wants to try (Fair-weathers, Non-wvw guilds players, etc.)

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

If someone has an alt account all the have to do is delete the toons and they get a free transfer. I for one have an alt account I bought the game for my brother he played to level 20 and didn’t like the game so if I really wanted to I could delete his toon and transfer it anywhere for free. I thought about taking it to SBI just to drain their supply in keeps like the person is doing on our server but then I was like if I did that it would make me no better then the person doing it to us. If that is what it takes to win a match then I want no part of it.

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

Out of curiosity, why are other servers rooting for us? O_o

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Because we love YB.

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

And dislike SBI.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Panic.1862

Panic.1862

We’ve also got griefers here on SBI that are taking our Golems off cliffs, seems we have a circle of griefing going on at the moment.

Stormbluff Isle
Dark Covenant [DC] Fear Him [FEAR] All Glass No Cannon [Oops]

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Feelings are mutual here! Love YB, dislike SBI.

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

Yeah…it’s normal behavior for Tier 1. Did I ever tell you the time about the Blackgate griefer who dropped 14 of my Omegas off a cliff? =P You gotta run some deep purses if you wanna stay sane playing there.

And if you want to see a total upset to a league…well, there’s still always NA Gold. *cough*SoR*cough*

Nope, you never told me about that time! We had one of those too, held the golems for ransom, in fact and then jumped them off of Hills when it was obvious no one would pay (or was really paying attention since garrison was being hit at the time). I think that one was a home grown clown, though.

True…but with SoR, that’s server transfers in the middle of the season. This one isn’t. It just has to do with normal player fluctuations, server unity and chutzpah lol

in Match-ups

Serenity.8246

Ahh…Saga! We love you too! Miss you also…wondered why I hadn’t seen you around…

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Aww, miss you too Serenity! Just know I’m rooting for YB in this match up!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Just to put my two cents in:

Ever since they put in the build/supply achievements in WvW, I have seen more ballistas in one spot than I have since I started playing. In fact, when we were on DH, the guy with the #1 achievement spot (Yellow Robot or something) for DH was in every camp, and every keep building ballistas, all week. We had 28 ballistas by the NE supply shed in Garrison.

Is it possible that one of YOUR people is trying to finish the season achievements and doing this to you, and to keep the heat off of him, he says he is trolling you? I can’t explain the ruining of golems, but pugs take off in them all the time, omegas are fun, and it’s messed up.

We had a guy in our TS reset night who had to be kicked because he wasn’t part of SBI.

I have never understood all the hate against SBI, please explain.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bass.1697

Bass.1697

Ever since they put in the build/supply achievements in WvW, I have seen more ballistas in one spot than I have since I started playing. In fact, when we were on DH, the guy with the #1 achievement spot (Yellow Robot or something) for DH was in every camp, and every keep building ballistas, all week. We had 28 ballistas by the NE supply shed in Garrison.

Is it possible that one of YOUR people is trying to finish the season achievements and doing this to you, and to keep the heat off of him, he says he is trolling you? I can’t explain the ruining of golems, but pugs take off in them all the time, omegas are fun, and it’s messed up.

We had a guy in our TS reset night who had to be kicked because he wasn’t part of SBI.

So a guy trying to get achievements refuses to build commander dropped siege and also drops ALL the golems off the ledge at hills on 2 maps?
This was one person who did it in front of everyone.

Yak’s Bend

(edited by Bass.1697)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

To all the folks saying “But this happened on T1,” so because this happened on T1, it’s okay to do it? It’s ok to have [Bags] guy come over and ruin WvW for another server?

SBI, you got some Anet devs on your server, I don’t think YB or Ebay does, why don’t you guys tell them to go into WvW and throw down the warnings? It’d be good for all 3 servers in the matchup.

FSP

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

It’s clear griefing whoever did that. There is absolutely ZERO excuses for it. I dunno if [bags] sent that particular spy to do it, but its shameful for your server, now that its exposed with screenshots. (Check previous page for images)
Same goes for Yaks Bend griefers. You’re letting us down.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeys Unclebb.1984

Monkeys Unclebb.1984

All 30 of his Achievement points? doubt it

AciD

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

kitten SBI, you really want to feed us bags in Garrison, don’t you? We just wiped you out of Garrison for the 3rd time, and we’re still being fed bags by you right now. But keep doing it…ONE OF YOU SHALL GIVE ME MY PRECURSOR, AND LIVE IN INFAMY!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

Because this was one of closest matchups for WvW for silver and it could have gone either way for who is taking first place (SBI or YB). But someone confirmed in Bags decided to hop on over to grief on YB. I don’t know if the trolls on SBI are from YB, it could be either a false flag from SBI, actual YB, or even Ebay trying to get in on the drama.

All three servers needs to get in line and put an end to this crap in WvW.

FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Soloressia.6473

Soloressia.6473

What’s not to hate? The arrogance on the forums, the underhanded tactics, the constant spamming /laugh when you roll over a group 1/3 your size, your inability to attack anything without blobbing en masse and your constant whining and excuses on the forums when you face some real competition outside of FA (admittedly not everyone but enough that the overall impression is a bunch of 14 year olds).

Your server gives off such a kittenty impression that I was genuinely surprised when I lost a 1v1 earlier (both of us downed one another) and got a /bow. A rare gem in a sea of arrogance.

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

What’s not to hate? The arrogance on the forums, the underhanded tactics, the constant spamming /laugh when you roll over a group 1/3 your size, your inability to attack anything without blobbing en masse and your constant whining and excuses on the forums when you face some real competition outside of FA (admittedly not everyone but enough that the overall impression is a bunch of 14 year olds).

Your server gives off such a kittenty impression that I was genuinely surprised when I lost a 1v1 earlier (both of us downed one another) and got a /bow. A rare gem in a sea of arrogance.

Please show me where the arrogance is on here???

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Because this was one of closest matchups for WvW for silver and it could have gone either way for who is taking first place (SBI or YB). But someone confirmed in Bags decided to hop on over to grief on YB. I don’t know if the trolls on SBI are from YB, it could be either a false flag from SBI, actual YB, or even Ebay trying to get in on the drama.

All three servers needs to get in line and put an end to this crap in WvW.

I totally agree, I hate cheating.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

kitten SBI, you really want to feed us bags in Garrison, don’t you? We just wiped you out of Garrison for the 3rd time, and we’re still being fed bags by you right now. But keep doing it…ONE OF YOU SHALL GIVE ME MY PRECURSOR, AND LIVE IN INFAMY!

Mmmhmmm, and how many supplies do you have in your Garrison right now?

[Abys]

in Match-ups

RyuDragnier.9476

We’ve had 0 supplies in here for 5 hours. Nothing new really…all it’s doing is encouraging our people to flip camps.

[hS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Does SBI have someone wasting eBay’s garrison supply too?

in Match-ups

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Oh this thread definitely got better, i knew there was something missing. XD…..and that scream is prolly my character dying in game now lol forums OP.

easily the best match up in the league. we three need to be matched up eternallyyyyy!!!!!!!

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in Match-ups

RyuDragnier.9476

Nice job Ebay grabbing back all of our Borderlands! Special thanks goes to the ever awesome [DIE], and I’m glad to have been on your Teamspeak channel. Seriously, I haven’t laughed that hard in quite a while. I may have to run with you guys more.

[hS]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Does SBI have someone wasting eBay’s garrison supply too?

Us attacking Garrison causes them to repair, which means they have no supply. I have no idea if there is a troll there using them.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Murr.4976

Murr.4976

Greeting fellow wvw’rs, please remember that most of these posts are made by a minority of a server and of those that do post a large portion are board people looking for a reaction. I here by issue out golden rods to all you epic trollers, may you display them proudly on your mantel piece.

Now I want to remind everyone else that the most of us gamers are having fun and NOT cheating/hacking/trolling/griefing and are angry and disappointed at anyone who does regardless if it’s my server or your server. Most of the folks on SBI or very friendly and helpful. I’ve no doubt most of the people on YB and Ebay are also friendly and helpful. I know SBI has some serious nasty trollers, I hate it but there’s little other than /ignore or reporting, that can be done.

Aside from the forum drama and obvious foul play going on in YB AND SBI, there have been some great fights on all sides. I want to salute the silent majority who play fair and have fun!

/salute

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

Based on what I’ve seen both in-game and here on the forums, my guess would be it’s not a group (and I say group because from SBI’s vantage point it was multiple players on every BL and EBG at the same time) from either Yak’s Bend or Stormbluff Isle servers. More than likely it’s a group of players from a server located in the lower tiers who’s been on the receiving end of a few matchup losses to BOTH our servers and trying to sabotage what had been probably the best matchup, at least from my point of view, that we’ve had since the Season began. I would also hazard a guess that these are not accounts that were ever in use prior to this week given that when I added the griefers to my Friend list to see the account names, at most all of them had a maximum of 30 achievement points. Even someone who only played the game for a few weeks before abandoning the game would’ve earned more than that.

I made a post on the Suggestion forums and I’ll say the same thing here: Moving forward, request to Anet to implement a system where ALL new accounts are blocked from joining in WvW for the first 1-2 weeks of existence. It would prevent someone from creating a new account for the sole purpose of griefing the opposing servers during that week’s matchup (aside from Seasons there is no way of predicting which opposing servers will be faced the following week). It might be a burden on newer players who want to join in the fighting immediately, but it’s the only way to ensure that things of this nature don’t happen in the future. (or at least a better countermeasure than simply reporting a secondary account that means nothing to the griefer).

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tsye Kizer.1408

Tsye Kizer.1408

I’m from SBI. Just letting people know that [bags] from what I’ve seen in the past is a troll guild. These are the guys that have drained supplies from our own keeps just to build a trail of ballistas going all the way up the stairs in Hills and then proceeded to do the same in garrison in previous matchups, leaving us without supplies and at siege cap (I wish that our people refreshed our siege as well as bags refreshed those useless ballistas). They’re a hindrance wherever they appear in my experience. What [bags] does shouldn’t reflect what we as a server do or represent. We have no control over them. We don’t condone them.

Thief – Razia Alabdulrahman
SBI

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

I’m from SBI. Just letting people know that [bags] from what I’ve seen in the past is a troll guild. These are the guys that have drained supplies from our own keeps just to build a trail of ballistas going all the way up the stairs in Hills and then proceeded to do the same in garrison in previous matchups, leaving us without supplies and at siege cap (I wish that our people refreshed our siege as well as bags refreshed those useless ballistas). They’re a hindrance wherever they appear in my experience. What [bags] does shouldn’t reflect what we as a server do or represent. We have no control over them. We don’t condone them.

Ah, never hear good things about that guild. [Bags] guild has surely built an ugly reputation for SBI in this match up. Sad to know a guild would go to the extreme just to sabotage a server.

(edited by Sagabatou.1076)

in Match-ups

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s just another reminder Sagabatou on that Anet should just lock all transfers for the next season…or at least a 1-2 week WvW lock on people who transfer so they can’t do anything for that long.

[hS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gray Fox.9178

Gray Fox.9178

We had one of those too, held the golems for ransom, in fact and then jumped them off of Hills when it was obvious no one would pay (or was really paying attention since garrison was being hit at the time). I think that one was a home grown clown, though.

I was once held hostage by an enemy zerg. As we attacked 2nd place borderland’s SW tower, a zerg of 15 3rd placers killed my escorts. They beat my Omega down to 15K Hp, and when I fled on foot, they invited me to their party, stating I was now their ‘hostage’ and had to repay them.

They proceeded to use my golem to batter down and capture SW tower, then shatter the wall of Bay, at which point I was released. I remember one of them commented, “Your debt is repaid, Jack Sparrow” before they dropped party.

Gray Drury, Golemancer of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghrimboff.6357

Ghrimboff.6357

im from KWBH, weve been working hard having good fights againt yaks in there even tho therer as been greifers in there all the time making it impossible for us to do anything. They really need to fix those griefing thing, just kills the game rly.

i want to add that this bags guild isnt beeing supported by ANY guild in SBI , they’re acting on their own and they are freaking trolls, i hope they get booted of our server.

gl for the rest of the week in wvw to everyone

[KWBH] The Foo Fighter
SBI Commander

(edited by Ghrimboff.6357)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

[Void] had lots of fun tonight, except SBI kept running away from us back to Klovan where they had their arrow carts and fancy Anet guy. We were able to fight SBI a few times, but unfortunately some Yaks kitten s decided to get in the way, arrowcarting us as we fought SBI, even though they were trebbing a Yaks tower… (but seriously, we needed to run to the other side of the map to find an SBI group that stayed put). Overall fun night, though.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Very nice work EB! I didn’t expect infinite stealth thieves using portal devices to disrupt and capture towers and keeps! Watching [Void] has been eye opening about the level of organization that we at SBI lack.

Thanks. Appreciate the shout out. We’ve been having a good time this week.

We also wanted to give a shout out to the lone SBI soldier that patiently carted supply to his catapult on north Bay last night and tried to bring the door down for your server. We had planned a /salute ceremony for your efforts when you made it in, but unfortunately you got ganked before you could complete your heroic effort. Nonetheless, good sir, know that you have earned Void’s respect for your hard work and dedication to the cause!

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

We had one of those too, held the golems for ransom, in fact and then jumped them off of Hills when it was obvious no one would pay (or was really paying attention since garrison was being hit at the time). I think that one was a home grown clown, though.

I was once held hostage by an enemy zerg. As we attacked 2nd place borderland’s SW tower, a zerg of 15 3rd placers killed my escorts. They beat my Omega down to 15K Hp, and when I fled on foot, they invited me to their party, stating I was now their ‘hostage’ and had to repay them.

They proceeded to use my golem to batter down and capture SW tower, then shatter the wall of Bay, at which point I was released. I remember one of them commented, “Your debt is repaid, Jack Sparrow” before they dropped party.

. . . Am I the only one who actually thinks this is a twisted kind of awesome?

By the way, getting screamed at for grabbing supply and told I’m a troll for repairing a gate at <25% . . . yeah this has a lot of people on edge. Then again I had a EBay player run the jumping puzzle in their borderlands with me and while they were acting wary at first, once I just started doing it, they just left me alone. Ditto for a YB player in the Dark Room earlier.

So, class acts on both sides. Rude yakslappers on both sides. Just game on and get to work

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

im from KWBH, weve been working hard having good fights againt yaks in there even tho therer as been greifers in there all the time making it impossible for us to do anything. They really need to fix those griefing thing, just kills the game rly.

i want to add that this bags guild isnt beeing supported by ANY guild in SBI , they’re acting on their own and they are freaking trolls, i hope they get booted of our server.

gl for the rest of the week in wvw to everyone

Its unfortunate how much damage these guys are doing to WvW, good to hear SBI isnt supportive of [Bags]. If you would, please report those players, as we have done already. Hopefully Anet can respond accordingly and prevent further contamination of a good WvW atmosphere.

It been a really fun, intense, and stressing week SBI. Tyvm

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Most likely its not someone from any of the servers in this matchup griefing, but from one of the other servers

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kos Luftar.9214

Kos Luftar.9214

EBay should have allied with SBI to take down YB, so they would have chance at 3rd place.

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

EBay should have allied with SBI to take down YB, so they would have chance at 3rd place.

No. The best case scenario for them would be we i.e. YB and EBay be tied at 3rd place.

If they allied SBI, then no way SBI would’ve let Ebay win. That means, they would’ve gained 3 points which takes them to 18 and then say wins the next matchup against us (next week) which gives them 5. That equals 23.

For us, even if we lose both matches (this week and next), our score will be 23 – Tie with Ebay.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

SBI is so desperate they are sending spies to drain supply at our keeps, because they can’t get them back honestly. LOL.

and before people claim this is a lie, the guy was in our ts, and instantly name changed when called out. Got screenshots of the guy doing it over and over again.

SBI playing dirty I see. Talk about low.

They really want that life supply of Turtle Wax.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kos Luftar.9214

Kos Luftar.9214

No. The best case scenario for them would be we i.e. YB and EBay be tied at 3rd place.

If they allied SBI, then no way SBI would’ve let Ebay win. That means, they would’ve gained 3 points which takes them to 18 and then say wins the next matchup against us (next week) which gives them 5. That equals 23.

For us, even if we lose both matches (this week and next), our score will be 23 – Tie with Ebay.

I forgot that Ebay faces YB next week as well. There is no way they would be able to take YB down next week if they do not gang up on them with the 3rd team (NSP I think).

If SBI can hold 2nd place and really push FA next week, there could be a 3 way tie for first right? I guess only if FA comes in last which is highly unlikely but it would be interesting. Would that make everyone happy?

(edited by Kos Luftar.9214)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

Here’s a screen of a Yaks bend thief driving an omega golem with some suspicious guild claiming buffs outside bay, far away from any Yaks bend towers or keeps.

Now unfortunately I don’t have any video of the golem regenerating health, but that’s not saying someone else doesn’t.

As for your comment on regeneration, no. I make a lot of golems. Lots of lots. The server does too. What you saw as regeneration was me simply entering fresh golems before returning to the fray. The banged up golems are kept in keeps and garrisons for defense purposes. The golems at lower HP % are used for higher risk jobs or group golem rushes.

It’s true. He is almost never outside of a golem even in open field. He might have a problem. Or, significant scaring on his face.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

NiloyBardhan.9170

I forgot that Ebay faces YB next week as well. There is no way they would be able to take YB down next week if they do not gang up on them with the 3rd team (NSP I think).

If SBI can hold 2nd place and really push FA next week, there could be a 3 way tie for first right? I guess only if FA comes in last which is highly unlikely but it would be interesting. Would that make everyone happy?

Next week we face Ebay and BP (rematch of 1st week). Its gonna be tough if they gang up, but we’ll see

I don’t think FA is losing next week. Even a 2nd place for them would be a HUGE upset.