Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

That tampering rule is referring to SPVP not WVW hate to inform you

(edited by dragonrage.8921)

Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I think we on YB should also give a sarcastic thanks to the SBI cheater that really got everyone motivated to achieve our goals this week to the maximum.

We may have been able to accomplish it all without him, but he surely helped light a fire, and conversely, help to burn down his own team.

It got you motivated enough to do it right back?

Since we know for a fact one of the people who posted in this thread was cheating.

His name is TehFoe

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Lets get something very clear YB won SBI, we didn’t need EB for beating the kitten out of SBI, but get EB into second to put SBI in third place in the season was an extra, adn to put SBI we received the help of EB of course.

So SBI cry more, you lost, better luck next time and learn how to fight in the open because you suck at it, you depend too much on blob zergs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Thanks for the bags. I couldn’t have been happier you 2v1’d us this match-up. The vast majority of players on YB and EBay are terrible at combat that doesn’t involve them behind walls and on siege. I bag farmed troves of your god awful scrubs all day in EBG and throughout the week on many maps. The fact that you won doesn’t bother me. Enjoy your dolyak finisher, I’ll enjoy your thousands of loot bags. This was the best match-up we had thus far in the leagues. I’ve never seen bad players with morale good enough to keep getting wiped like you can find on Ebay and YB, so for that I thank you. If you ever are matched up with us again, please 2v1. The lack of queues and fairweathers was refreshing, and your bags were dropping everywhere.

Keep it classy baddies,
Star

Leave your queue blob for a second and maybe you will get some combat that isn’t from behind walls and siege. I’ve seen all of like 10 groups that are away from the huge blob known as the zombie hoard in the last 4 times we have faced SBi.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

That is really unfortunate result, but the bonehead who started it probably should have thought of that possible outcome before he started.

I don’t know if this guy was well known and of a prominent guild (think he was wearing such a tag) but when things like this happened long ago on YB, with the orbs and such, our WvW and guild leaders quickly acted to punish and correct them. If that could’ve have happened here, SBI policing their own, maybe it wouldn’t have escalated.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

So now it appears coverage is no longer king… this brings up some interesting thoughts… and hopefully matches in the future. Is it possible that Leagues actually did something constructive for the game? Can’t wait to see how all this is applied next week! GL on reset all.

I still believe coverage is king. All that happened here is that the fairweathers stopping playing on sunday/monday because they suck. Then it is a lack of coverage. It’s just honestly disgusting how many fairweathers there are on SBI. I know for a fact when i was coming on around 3est for the past week that YB was fielding multiple zergs. More power to you guys, and I’m not trying to take away from what you did because I think your keep/tower defense was stellar. Good work.

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

Stop forgetting that YB had to fight a 2v1 against SBI at the beginning of the season 1 against IoJ and SBI. IoJ for the most part only targeted us.

The 2 differences with now and then are:

1. You didn’t plan it
  2. It was 1st and 3rd targeting 2nd. At the beginning of this week, EB had 2nd place, so it was 1st and 2nd targeting 3rd. Although to be fair, you were seen as the toughest server in this match-up
Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in Match-ups

sirflamesword.3896

Lets get something very clear YB won SBI, we didn’t need EB for beating the kitten out of SBI, but get EB into second to put SBI in third place in the season was an extra, adn to put SBI we received the help of EB of course.

So SBI cry more, you lost, better luck next time and learn how to fight in the open because you suck at it, you depend too much on blob zergs.

As a fellow Yaks Bender please disregard what this guy is saying. Without Ebay or another similar server being the 3rd in this matchup we would have gotten rolled like we have the last 3 times we have faced SBi. We just don’t have the coverage to face the zombie hoard 1v1, but it shows with help to take some attention away from us we can and will do a lot better.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chiemoi.3509

Chiemoi.3509

Why is Anet not enforcing their own CoC with regards to the obvious map match manipulation.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

Rule 22:
“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

Why even have rule Anet if no one is going to enforce them?

This doesn’t apply to the 2v1 aspect of WvW. Quote from Mike Ferguson’s developers blog back in February 2012 describing the reason 3 servers would be included in the match, instead of a straight 1v1:

We knew right away that we wanted three teams fighting against one another on a series of huge maps in the Mists (our world vs. world battleground) and that each team would be composed of an entire server full of players. Including three forces in world vs. world acts as an excellent balancing factor, preventing one team from growing too powerful and ruining the competitive balance of the game. Two teams can gang up to counter a more dominant third team, a dynamic that simply isn’t possible with only two opposing factions.

So, to all SBI that are complaining that this is unfair, underhanded, poor sportsmanship, against the rules, or otherwise cheating: We are playing WvW exactly as designed, intended and desired by those who created it.

So, you saying Anet created this WvW for cheating and going against the rules? OMG, tell me it isn’t so, I am crushed. I love it when other servers bring up whining, when in fact you are just stating the facts as you see them. Get over this whining, cry baby kitten, a fact is a fact is a fact, PERIOD!!!!

Saw this post from Devon Carver :

Too often the 3rd place team drops off and has no effect on the game other than to stop the 2nd place team be competitive to the 1st place team.

This is an intriguing concept. The original idea behind WvW was that this would happen of its own accord, but I haven’t seen that in practice. I think it could be much more of a part of the game if there were a way to do this. Would it make more sense to provide increased score from this or to increase the individual rewards? I would lean slightly towards the latter. I also wonder if it would work to be really heavy handed about it and actually put the two losing servers on the same team. Of course, that presents numerous problems including score tracking at that juncture. But I would think we can find some sort of system that encourages servers to work together to defeat a bigger server.

Chiemoi – Cowardly Thief
Line Coldheart – Buff Guardian
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

That is really unfortunate result, but the bonehead who started it probably should have thought of that possible outcome before he started.

I don’t know if this guy was well known and of a prominent guild (think he was wearing such a tag) but when things like this happened long ago on YB, with the orbs and such, our WvW and guild leaders quickly acted to punish and correct them. If that could’ve have happened here, SBI policing their own, maybe it wouldn’t have escalated.

So you’ll have no problem policing own then,

I told you the name of the person was doing it..

http://imgur.com/a/XIDnC

Here, have some screenshots

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

So, you saying Anet created this WvW for cheating and going against the rules? OMG, tell me it isn’t so, I am crushed. I love it when other servers bring up whining, when in fact you are just stating the facts as you see them. Get over this whining, cry baby kitten, a fact is a fact is a fact, PERIOD!!!!

I don’t understand what you are saying anymore. Are you accusing me of whining and asking me to cry? Are you saying that what I posted is not a fact and that your calling us cheaters is? Or are you agreeing with me? So confused…. I didn’t even use the word whining in my post.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

^ Yeah he won’t be doing it next week.

And lol at trying to play the victim in this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chiemoi.3509

Chiemoi.3509

Chiemoi – Cowardly Thief
Line Coldheart – Buff Guardian
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

All you had to is put up defensive sieges quicker than they can build. It’s not hard instead of watching them take all your supplies.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

As much as SBI is bellyaching about the totally logical odds against them this week, I don’t think winning this week was impossible.

But it would have involved very specific and targeted attacks out of gate, to break either YB or EB, and force them back into eating off each other.

Morale is the most underrated aspect in WvW, and often because the populations are simply too big to manipulate it. But any match that you can win morale wise by the middle of the week, gives huge advantages to the remaining days, once you get the fair weathers to go back to PVE.

Even worst case scenario, SBI couldn’t hold 1st, 2nd should have remained easy to retain if they could have kept up morale better on their fair-weathers.

Even giving up their own BL, where they faced big odds, to say sit on EB with all their people likely would have worked better. Then if YB came to fight them there, it would still be eating EBs points.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

^ Yeah he won’t be doing it next week.

And lol at trying to play the victim in this.

So in otherwords, You’re not going to police your own, despite you just calling for us to police someone who we had no idea who they were. THough from what I understand it was someone from “bags” that I hear was even trolling SBI as well.

So yea..

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

All you had to is put up defensive sieges quicker than they can build. It’s not hard instead of watching them take all your supplies.

Then why did it happen to your server as well?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

How exactly do you “police your own” in this game? Reporting does kitten all as far as I’ve seen.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

How exactly do you “police your own” in this game? Reporting does kitten all as far as I’ve seen.

If the person is in a notable guild, and values that membership shouldn’t be hard to get them to stop. In the case its a total lone gun, then you really can’t, but that seems far fetched that some total loner is going to care enough to spend hours on another server doing sabotage, esp if he can’t brag and broadcast his efforts back to someone.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

SBI saboteurs persisted over many nights this week, including the first instance of blatant siege abuse. Just last night we had one who posted himself doing it. He was draining supply right there in front of us. The YB people who were there at that one few hour stint, on one night, as a response. But the forum QQ is strong with SBI (SBI has opened no fewer than 4 external threads about this 2v1 thing), so you hear about the YB guys more.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Stop forgetting that YB had to fight a 2v1 against SBI at the beginning of the season 1 against IoJ and SBI. IoJ for the most part only targeted us.

The 2 differences with now and then are:

1. You didn’t plan it
  2. It was 1st and 3rd targeting 2nd. At the beginning of this week, EB had 2nd place, so it was 1st and 2nd targeting 3rd. Although to be fair, you were seen as the toughest server in this match-up

The difference is, we also targeted IoJ. There were no choices to make, if it was red, it was dead. IoJ had its own decision on who to target, and they chose you. Quite different.

Anywho, I remember the SoR/SBI/SoS matchup. SoR decided to make SBI beat SoS, and was even in our TS coordinating it. And all I remember is how kitten ed SBI was that it was happening, and it caused a lot of grief with some guilds and the rest of the server for participating in that.

P.S. 2v1 is not match manipulation. Allowing and helping another server take and hold objectives to allow a server a victory, IS a match manipulation. Justify it by technicalities, but SBI has no interest in stuff like that, and probably never will. I wish Anet came down kitten the griefers, I really do. They honestly need to take a tougher stand, and permaban anyone who attempts it.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

SBI saboteurs persisted over many nights this week, including the first instance of blatant siege abuse. Just last night we had one who posted himself doing it. He was draining supply right there in front of us. The YB people who were there at that one few hour stint, on one night, as a response. But the forum QQ is strong with SBI (SBI has opened no fewer than 4 external threads about this 2v1 thing), so you hear about the YB guys more.

It just so happens TehFoe is in this guys guild.

He obviously condones cheating..

in Match-ups

Prosecutor.1457

Because it did?

All I see from your post is QQ’ing and trying to validate reasons why SBI lost. Get over it.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

So in otherwords, You’re not going to police your own, despite you just calling for us to police someone who we had no idea who they were. THough from what I understand it was someone from “bags” that I hear was even trolling SBI as well.

So yea..

You still don’t get it. None of it would have happened if the SBI guy did not start.

Considering neither Anet nor SBI was able to stop it, you think its fair for one server to endlessly have their upgrades ruined and supply wasted, potentially costing a vast amount of PPT, if it is not countered in some way? That would only encourage this to happen more and more. Sadly its the only counter atm – unless SBI volunteered to give us free camps or something, which you did not. And again, unfortunate, but the lesson is clearly don’t start cheating, no good end comes of it.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

So yea..

You still don’t get it. None of it would have happened if the SBI guy did not start.

Considering neither Anet nor SBI was able to stop it, you think its fair for one server to endlessly have their upgrades ruined and supply wasted, potentially costing a vast amount of PPT, if it is not countered in some way? That would only encourage this to happen more and more. Sadly its the only counter atm. And again, unfortunate, but the lesson is clearly don’t start cheating, no good end comes of it.

It happens in every match, you think this is the first time someone has done this in one of our matches?

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Because it did?

All I see from your post is QQ’ing and trying to validate reasons why SBI lost. Get over it.

We all know why SBI lost, 2v1..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arya Whitefire.8423

Arya Whitefire.8423

So yea..

In an ideal world, you’re right. But in the actual world, where our keeps had 0 supply, and no one wanted to build any golems, since they were all being walked off cliffs, the person in your screen shots, was simply balancing things out again. You had a huge advantage until it was done back to you.

And it doesn’t matter whether the troll represented SBI or not, the damage was done on YB’s side of things, so it HAD to be done to SBI’s side of things, to keep the match even.

If you wanted to avoid tit for tat, you should have immediately offered reparations.

So you can excuse us, if we don’t start a witch hunt against the people who put the match back on an even keel.

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

It happens in every match, you think this is the first time someone has done this in one of our matches?

Maybe its a common SBI tactic, and that is why it happens to you a lot? Have no idea, but we have never had it be such a major issue to us before this week, and certainly nor from us against someone else.

Must be a T1 thing, and continuing on from servers that have been ejected from T1.

in Match-ups

Prosecutor.1457

Because it did?

Validated my previous post.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

So yea..

In an ideal world, you’re right. But in the actual world, where our keeps had 0 supply, and no one wanted to build any golems, since they were all being walked off cliffs, the person in your screen shots, was simply balancing things out again. You had a huge advantage until it was done back to you.

And it doesn’t matter whether the troll represented SBI or not, the damage was done on YB’s side of things, so it HAD to be done to SBI’s side of things, to keep the match even.

If you wanted to avoid tit for tat, you should have immediately offered reparations.

So you can excuse us, if we don’t start a witch hunt against the people who put the match back on an even keel.

So in otherwords, You’re all talk… despite talking crap about cheating, you condone it if it benefits you in any way…

Its ok…I believe one of the former Yakkies told us to win he had to put aside is pride..

Seems to be the narrative with your server.

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Wait a second. Are you trying to say that the saboteur on SBI was some sort of conscious retaliation from Yak’s Bend?

I’m speculating, but why else would they do it? Especially, as I didn’t see any complaints about it prior to the SBI spy starting.

Again, in the silver league tier of teams this just isn’t some common thing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: drunkrussian.4079

drunkrussian.4079

Because it did?

lets be honest, at first it wasn’t a 2v1 at all…. YB just took the lead with every world been que’d for 3 days… we attacked both EB and SBI…
later however we found out that it is in our best interest help EB. which would increase our odds of getting second….

-MagPro Yaks Bend

-MagPro
Yaks Bend (born and proud)

in Match-ups

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Why is Anet not enforcing their own CoC with regards to the obvious map match manipulation.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

Rule 22:
“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

Why even have rule Anet if no one is going to enforce them?

Simple. That rule applies to PvP, not WvWvW. ladders and matches in PvP is completely different then the WvW set up

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Maybe its a common SBI tactic, and that is why it happens to you a lot? Have no idea, but we have never had it be such a major issue to us before this week, and certainly nor from us against someone else.

Must be a T1 thing, and continuing on from servers that have been ejected from T1.

No, it happens to the server who’s winning a lot…

We happen to win a lot, so It happens to us a lot..

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

So in otherwords, You’re all talk… despite talking crap about cheating, you condone it if it benefits you in any way…

No, it didn’t benefit us. At best it might have canceled the damage. And I seriously doubt whoever went over there was as dedicated as the guy that sat in our keeps 24/7 with multiple name changes and characters.

And also no to being for something that benefits us in anyway, as if that was the case YB people would have been cheating from the outset, regardless of it being done to them first. But they didn’t so clearly they were only driven to do it out of last recourse.

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Ah, the good old SBI bravado.

Except you weren’t winning this week, and mysteriously someone did it anyway, and did it first. Probably precisely because you weren’t winning.

in Match-ups

sirflamesword.3896

The tears reach even to Yaks Bend LA

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

No, it didn’t benefit us. At best it might have canceled the damage. And I seriously doubt whoever went over there was as dedicated as the guy that sat in our keeps 24/7 with multiple name changes and characters.

And also no to being for something that benefits us in anyway, as if that was the case YB people would have been cheating from the outset, regardless of it being done to them first. But they didn’t so clearly they were only driven to do it out of last recourse.

Ummm….You realize that every night our supply was drained by trolls from Yaks, and our golems were destroyed right?

That benefits you…. That allows you to 2v1 even easier then you could before.

i don’t think it would of been a bigger issue though if you weren’t 2v1ing….But with 2v1 I think it pushes it over the top.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Ah, the good old SBI bravado.

Except you weren’t winning this week, and mysteriously someone did it anyway, and did it first. Probably precisely because you weren’t winning.

We were within 10k points of you this week, while being double teamed, Then magically our supply vanished…. along with all our golems.

Followed by you taking keeps from places that were just drained..

So yea…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Obviously not enough

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Ummm….You realize that every night our supply was drained by trolls from Yaks, and our golems were destroyed right?

I’m talking net result. After you subtract all our golems and supply wasted as well. I doubt we came out ahead. Esp as it wasn’t each night, but all day too against us.

The only one I guess who ended up ahead, is EB, who didn’t cheat. Probably a lesson in there. So again one guy tried to cheat to help his team, ended up hurting it. Should be mad at him it seems.

in Match-ups

Yerffejy.6538

There’s a reason people call you Hax bend.

In a past matchup, we had a [FoW] warrior commander constantly getting into our spawn and killing golems in our spawn. You didn’t see us sending people to your server to do the same. It sucked, we moved on, and dealt with it. But good ol’ Yaks Bend, decides to justify sending someone right back at you to “even the score”.

Logic, for everyone. Wrong + Wrong = Right.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

In a past matchup, we had a [FoW] warrior commander constantly getting into our spawn and killing golems in our spawn. You didn’t see us sending people to your server to do the same. It sucked, we moved on, and dealt with it. But good ol’ Yaks Bend, decides to justify sending someone right back at you to “even the score”.

You can’t even defend your spawn from a warrior? You do know that you’re invulnerable in there, right?

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Nobody ‘sent’ anyone.

I think we should all be able to agree cheating is bad.

And that no one should want unfair advantage because someone is cheating in their favor with no consequence.

But thanks for bringing your T1 win at all costs methods into our matches.

in Match-ups

Posted by: drunkrussian.4079

drunkrussian.4079

no body asked them to do it…. we kicked them out of guild for doing so……..

-MagPro
Yaks Bend (born and proud)

in Match-ups

Yerffejy.6538

Another defender of someone cheating. We shouldn’t have to keep people in spawn to kill someone cheating. It shouldn’t have happened.

Everything else aside, defending cheaters is a low for anyone.

Maybe the person who originally griefed on YB saw a YB spy on SBI TS or whatnot. By YB logic, he was perfectly justified in evening the score.

Cheating is low, and YB had the opportunity to take the high ground, but they didn’t. Respect for everyone is dropping a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

Maybe you need to stop building trebs in your citadel…you know that glitchy area? Or we will send our clean up crews up there to stop you from building them.

FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Oh my god…

I think folks we are approaching critical mass.

LET’kitten 30 pages!

We can do it guys!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Even lower, defending cheating on your behalf, and thinking it should sit without consequence.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Even lower, defending cheating on your behalf, and thinking it should sit without consequence.

So cheating is fine as long as it benefits you

Just like I said before.