Adapt A Dev: A Wasted Last Chance?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Vague, open-ended, fantasy threads. There is no indication that any of them will lead to anything in the near (6 months) term. There has been no indication that anything will be done in WvW in the near term.

It’s more of the same attempt to appease the serious outrage in the forums and in game by creating these threads to give the false sense that actual changes are going to be made. As sooo many people have pointed out, we had a CDI session over a year ago and got NOTHING. I guess the newer players are going to buy it…

This. You can only go so far on vague promises to “look into it,” particularly when historically, these promises have turned out to be empty ones.

And this isn’t even a WvW thing, it’s pretty much game-wide.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I can’t speak for everyone but the developer that I played with was for kind, and actually asked for player feedback. Several times during the week we would have at least 10 people from the server discussing ideas and possible solutions.

Anet is trying, they are listening. Now we need to wait and see if they are willing to fix things.

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I can’t speak for everyone but the developer that I played with was for kind, and actually asked for player feedback. Several times during the week we would have at least 10 people from the server discussing ideas and possible solutions.

Anet is trying, they are listening. Now we need to wait and see if they are willing to fix things.

No no no. You can’t equate having a personal conversation with one dev to a real action plan that will have traction and get done in a reasonable time frame.

No one doubts that the devs have “good intentions”, but we have already been shown by those same devs that “good intentions” don’t get translated into real changes, they simply gather dust. You want to drink their kool-aid, be my guest, but I and many others here already tasted that flavor and don’t care for it anymore. Spoon

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Vague, open-ended, fantasy threads. There is no indication that any of them will lead to anything in the near (6 months) term. There has been no indication that anything will be done in WvW in the near term.

It’s more of the same attempt to appease the serious outrage in the forums and in game by creating these threads to give the false sense that actual changes are going to be made. As sooo many people have pointed out, we had a CDI session over a year ago and got NOTHING. I guess the newer players are going to buy it…

You have to give credit where credit is due, we did get something out of those CDI’s. We got the different colored commander icrons! Sure they originally had them implemented as separate purchases and jacked up the price on them thus defeating the entire purpose of implementing them and making everyone question if the devs actually read the CDI for the reasoning behind them or just saw add more colors. The devs certainly listened when forums went wild though and they fixed it. So yeah 1 year to get a 5 minute photoshop job that was ultimately implemented wrong, but we did get something!

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

The major problem is budget and management. Putting aside the fact that most things in this game are poorly designed/implemented, the entire direction of the game has been wrong as well. That points to poor management and those managers are going to look at numbers and metrics instead of trusting devs who’ve talked to players. The WvW community can talk to the devs until they are blue in the face, but at the end of the day the devs won’t get the resources to do anything with it. Since the game was steered into temporary content and Living world for so long, that’s the main playerbase. If Anet suddenly shifts gears towards WvW, which has seen big population decreases, they risk alienating their main playerbase. Unless management somehow changes and the budget gets bigger, nothing game changing will be done. It is too big of a risk to bet that making big WvW changes will bring players back. The only real hope is an expansion, but again…management.

in WvW

Posted by: azureazure.5381

azureazure.5381

A huge chunk of players I knew moved on to ESO, Wild Star, Diablo before and after season 2.
Now I see a wvw players moving on to Archeage.
wvw has been stale for so long. No major changes, and no sign of future big changes.
I have no idea why anet spends so much resources on Living Story( boring, grindy solo play) instead of the more interactive, community based wvw where ppl have to coordinate with eachother to win.
All we do is discuss things while the wvw player base bleeds.
Planning on leaving the game in a couple weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

wvw has been stale for so long. No major changes, and no sign of future big changes.

I think the single simplest thing ANet could do for WvW to make it feel less stale and bring former players back, at least for a while, is new maps and then rotate the maps around. Give players some new WvW maps to learn how to play (not necessarily with more gimmicky terrain and mechanics like EotM) and that will go a long way toward making WvW feel less stale and giving former players a reason to come back to experience something fresh.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

A huge chunk of players I knew moved on to ESO, Wild Star, Diablo before and after season 2.
Now I see a wvw players moving on to Archeage.

Well we’ve always warned anet that if they dont release real content updates for WvW then they would lose players to other games.

Though could it actually be that this is the reason why they have done this adopt-a-dev thing? To find out how to get these players back?

In either case, the only thing that will bring players back is new WvW content; and new siege, and masteries are NOT updates!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Be glad you already got my money for this game, because I would never buy it again.

Out of pure curiosity, what’s your /age ?

In GW, I have logged over 12k hours in GvG and HA
In GW 2 I logged 2135 hours in 778 days

In all seriousness though, I am done raging at this game hoping that it will change. I might as well yell at a wall and get the exact same feedback.

The game is the way it is, SPvP and PvE have priority and WvW is just the ugly stepchild that gets locked away in the dungeon.

Either play the game mode as it is, or stop playing it because it will not change.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Raging because some devs don’t make the game as you want is like raging at a PUG for not joining server TS. You can ask, they’ll do what they’ll do, their decision does not depend on you.

I’ve done 1400 hours in 2 years (first year almost never played though). Yeah the game could feel repetitive and pointless, but if that is the case I just log off, I could be back in 2-3-6 months, maybe things would have changed, maybe I’ll do something else. It’s a good game all in all, it’s not that some missing features are making me thinking it was not worth my money.

And yes, GvG in GW1 was another thing. Like another game. I’m ok on having a WvW open world with impossible balance, but if sPvP was more guild oriented like GW1 (just 1 thing to keep people playing it: Guild Ladder) maybe things would have been different. But that was/is not the case.

Saying “If you want GW1 play GW1” is/was a bad idea. I want a fun competition like GW1 and improved mechanics and graphic like GW2. kitten me right?

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

(edited by Dawntree.7246)

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Planning on leaving the game in a couple weeks.

See you soon.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

The major problem is budget and management. Putting aside the fact that most things in this game are poorly designed/implemented, the entire direction of the game has been wrong as well. That points to poor management and those managers are going to look at numbers and metrics instead of trusting devs who’ve talked to players. The WvW community can talk to the devs until they are blue in the face, but at the end of the day the devs won’t get the resources to do anything with it. Since the game was steered into temporary content and Living world for so long, that’s the main playerbase. If Anet suddenly shifts gears towards WvW, which has seen big population decreases, they risk alienating their main playerbase. Unless management somehow changes and the budget gets bigger, nothing game changing will be done. It is too big of a risk to bet that making big WvW changes will bring players back. The only real hope is an expansion, but again…management.

I agree: management is definitely a large part of the problem.

It’s no secret that the devs don’t care for WvW, so we can’t really expect any meaningful content/updates; but look at the LS. Even with Anet’s full, 100% attention, they only manage 4 “biweekly” episodes over six months. Poor management seems like a very reasonable explanation.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I think most of the actual developers are working on different games now, which is what happens in a multi title studio.

I’ve given up expecting any changes and anything said so far is just window dressing and crowd appeasement.

Fact is, two years on, same old maps, same old problems, zero changes to address them.

They really missed the boat with gvg and a guild ladder which would have been awesome with 10v10, 15v15 and 20v20 categories with some proper maps. What kept me in gw1 for so long was the gvg and HoH. WWW is just a blobfest with very little skill needed to achieve the best loot drops (spam staff 1..).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

@All,

I personally think the Adopt a dev initiative was really successful. Hugh (nightmare) screened 3 times or so during reset night. It was incredibly insightful to hear his comments. It was great hearing about WHY anet made certain changes. I’d say it was the single best communication from ANET that I’ve seen.

We need to see MORE of these types of programs, not less.

can u give any link where we could watch it?

I saw once him running in blob on EBG with hamboy on some Murica server lately at night for me on gw2 off stream but after that i couldn’t find the actuall montage or something to watch more of that. Was very interesting but also sometimes frustrating aswell…but it’s realy realy cool, that kind of communication.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Jareth.9065

Jareth.9065

Thoughts of mine:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Scoring-Discussion/page/7#post4490117

Any suggestions to improve the idea?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@All,

I personally think the Adopt a dev initiative was really successful. Hugh (nightmare) screened 3 times or so during reset night. It was incredibly insightful to hear his comments. It was great hearing about WHY anet made certain changes. I’d say it was the single best communication from ANET that I’ve seen.

I saw once him running in blob on EBG with hamboy on some Murica server lately at night for me on gw2 off stream but after that i couldn’t find the actuall montage or something to watch more of that. Was very interesting but also sometimes frustrating aswell…but it’s realy realy cool, that kind of communication.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/profile/past_broadcasts

Look for the ones called “WvW fall tournament”. I suggest finding the one for week 1 of the season. He spent a lot of time talking about builds, siege disablers, lord banners, etc. I enjoyed it.

in WvW

Hvaran.6327

@All,

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/profile/past_broadcasts

Look for the ones called “WvW fall tournament”. I suggest finding the one for week 1 of the season. He spent a lot of time talking about builds, siege disablers, lord banners, etc. I enjoyed it.

much appriciated, thanks mate.

and wating for tomorrow’s stream that should answer some of Adopt a dev project questions.

I guess they will answer to some questions asked here or elsewhere about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Pagan Highlander.5948

Pagan Highlander.5948

I would like to say thank you to both of the Devs that joined our guild (both named Chris) during the season. Our guild welcomed them with open arms, and after the first day, they were very comfortable with us, and Vice versa.

We helped them get onto our Guild webpage, into mumble for our server, and even the music channel we use.

By the third day, they were asking questions and getting our opinions and very frank answers. We were honest (and made no bones about how bad the decision was on Siege disablers.).

Overall my guild had a very pleasurable and fun experience with the Devs, and they admitted they had never done WvW, but by the end of the season, we even had one of them Commanding our guild raid.

For the record, both Devs are still in our guild, and they are always welcome to join us on our WvW raids. They know they can always ask us questions and get honest and frank answers.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Stop bs the forum, it won’t help. Get your kitten together and beat that SFR ubberblobs.

For your information, I am playing daily unless I am on vacation. I am the type of player who puts the commander tag on when we have the outnumbered buff on and everybody else on our side has /ragequit. “Never give up” is the spirit. I welcome Arenanet developers sometimes join me when I solo roam. You will see a completely different perspective of the game, not just the zerg fights, but sneaky tactics, how to do get things done with very few players in the entire map. This would be very useful (I would essential) for future map designers.

Half a dozen new hard core guilds (GH, dF, Punk, iPro, Nuke, VoS – sorry I forgot a few) have transferred from other servers to Desolation in past 4-5 months + a lot of smaller guilds + very good players. I do not know any guild, which has transferred away from Desolation within that time frame. Yes, we lost some individual players, but that happens to any server. Of course some guilds disband and some new are born (e.g. AH = Almost Harmless or CofE = Cemetery of Fatal Errors). Desolation was EU rank #10 in March 2014. Now rank 2. I think our community is doing something right if that is possible. I do not want reckless recruitment, as that will alienate the original core player base and lead to dilution of average quality. Rather hire a bit less, but the best talent there is to play on Desolation. A small tightly nit core, where you know everybody, is better in the long term.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Hvaran.6327

For your information, I am playing daily unless I am on vacation. I am the type of player who puts the commander tag on when we have the outnumbered buff on and everybody else on our side has /ragequit. “Never give up” is the spirit. I welcome Arenanet developers sometimes join me when I solo roam. You will see a completely different perspective of the game, not just the zerg fights, but sneaky tactics, how to do get things done with very few players in the entire map. This would be very useful (I would essential) for future map designers.

Why the hell i need this information?

“Never give UP spirit” What the heck you wrote it for?

“I am the type of player who puts the commander tag on when we have the outnumbered buff on and everybody else on our side has /ragequit”
so basicly u lead only yourself right? That’s good!!

U think If I’m SFrer that means i know only blobbing?)
If i’m not typing down “how cool sniper am I” that means i suck and blob only? Funny.

Half a dozen new hard core guilds (GH, dF, Punk, iPro, Nuke, VoS – sorry I forgot a few) have transferred from other servers to Desolation in past 4-5 months + a lot of smaller guilds + very good players. I do not know any guild, which has transferred away from Desolation within that time frame. Yes, we lost some individual players, but that happens to any server. Of course some guilds disband and some new are born (e.g. AH = Almost Harmless or CofE = Cemetery of Fatal Errors). Desolation was EU rank #10 in March 2014. Now rank 2. I think our community is doing something right if that is possible. I do not want reckless recruitment, as that will alienate the original core player base and lead to dilution of average quality. Rather hire a bit less, but the best talent there is to play on Desolation. A small tightly nit core, where you know everybody, is better in the long term.

and?

fighting guilds adding not much to PPT wars, if u got your “udnerstanding of wvw” then u know that.

FIghtwise everyone dies.

PPT wise, don’t pretend, better do. I dunno why even talk about it in this thread…kinda looks stupid, I couldn’t pass by of watching that u spamming some bs offtopic in this thread. Keep making your purposes in other kitten . Nice and clean. OK?

thread called – Adapt A Dev: A Wasted Last Chance?

today they will stream some results of that project, so nothing to talk about till we understand what they will work forward (or as they ussually don’t tell what are they working on to not “BREAK DREAMS” after, the acutall resutlts).
so…Hype for twitch today.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

To bad they did not take my offer then they cod have tested PUG side on SFR.

in WvW

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

omg literally about to kitten myself laughing

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Don’t set yourself up to see changes immediately. The tournament just ended and the team still needs time to parse the feedback, identify issues and prioritize solutions. If you expect immediate change just because the tournament is over, you will be disappointed. Change takes time and careful consideration.

- Time is not an issue for me personally. I could wait a year to see WvW game mode rise. I don’t know any other game that features a this kind of fortification siege and defending, big field fights style of gameplay as WvW does.

What I’m very often concerned about, however, is what is ArenaNet’s vision for the game mode. How would you like to see WvW being played?

I recognize that you have the style of adding more things rather than going back to fix what is broken. Having played WvW since the beginning there are bugs that I come across daily. From small bugs like abrupt stops in supply consumption to huge game-changing ones like defenders being unable to repair a gate that is being attacked because AoE goes through doors. Using siege weapons like arrow carts is very awkward because you don’t get top-down camera view while using them. None of the projectiles arc, so any kind of ledge leads to projectiles being obstructed.

in WvW

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

Please note that I am not having a dig at you or your guild; but this…

I would like to say thank you to both of the Devs that joined our guild (both named Chris) during the season.

… is why many people believe the Adopt scheme to have been a failure.

Two devs in one guild, yet not a single dev on our entire server.

I appreciate that time zones would have made things awkward, but we would have stayed-up all night to show ANET what it’s really like playing in an underpopulated, low-tier server.

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

So to summarize, yes it was wasted time, especially if the feedback they received was to remove white swords!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why is everybody acting like anything john said is more than an idea at this point?

where are the patch notes that say “we removed white swords :trollface:”?

im pretty sure theyll do no such thing with the response theyre getting to that particular idea in the adopt a dev thread.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

The very fact that they somehow miraculously got this idea from this adopt-a-dev thing is just more proof that even when they try to listen to the community, they dont!

Who the kitten told them to remove white swords?! How did they ever come up with it in the first place?!

It is this sheer nonsense which annoys me the most!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

not all discussions must be productive, but the initiative spawned discussions that would not have occurred otherwise. since we want anet to attend to our wvw wishes, is not any extra discussion a tribute unto us? if they do not talk, nothing happens. if they talk, 5% of their talks might directly make it into the game. that leaves 95% of ideas to be things that should never see live, such as removing white swords without implementing an equivalence.

in WvW

Berk.8561

why is everybody acting like anything john said is more than an idea at this point?

There were a handful of other tweaks brought up in our discussions that we are planning. These include reducing the number of people who can rally off of a kill. Removing white swords from objectives to give defenders a stronger role in alerting their team as well as giving attackers more of a chance to get through having their siege disabled. We are also going to test out awarding points per kill. PPK was part of the scoring discussion and something we wanted to try. We will be looking for your feedback on that change after it goes live.

It isn’t live yet, but that suggests a lot more than an idea. It suggests implementation plans already underway.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

There were a handful of other tweaks brought up in our discussions that we are planning. These include reducing the number of people who can rally off of a kill. Removing white swords from objectives to give defenders a stronger role in alerting their team as well as giving attackers more of a chance to get through having their siege disabled. We are also going to test out awarding points per kill. PPK was part of the scoring discussion and something we wanted to try. We will be looking for your feedback on that change after it goes live.

It isn’t live yet, but that suggests a lot more than an idea. It suggests implementation plans already underway.

doesnt mean its set in stone

look at commander tags

in fact, it sounds like hes testing the waters to help prevent another situation like commander tags where a couple people had to work an extra weekend to appease us.

in WvW

Berk.8561

That’s kinda the whole point of complaining vigorously, to change those plans.

in fact, it sounds like hes testing the waters to help prevent another situation like commander tags where a couple people had to work an extra weekend to appease us.

And that’s fine, so what’s the problem with people strongly objecting like they did with the commander tags?

But of course you are moving the goalposts now. You asked, “why is everybody acting like anything john said is more than an idea at this point?” I answered your question. What he said clearly indicated that they were more than simply “ideas”.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

That’s kinda the whole point of complaining vigorously, to change those plans.

And that’s fine, so what’s the problem with people strongly objecting like they did with the commander tags?

But of course you are moving the goalposts now. You asked, “why is everybody acting like anything john said is more than an idea at this point?” I answered your question. What he said clearly indicated that they were more than simply “ideas”.

ugh, semantics. ok, i should have specifically indicated white swords. white swords looks to be still in planning and discussion and they want community feedback on it. ppk has already garnered support among the community, and now has enough support among devs to get pushed through. yes?

i dont have a problem with people objecting. thats fine. but acting like an indefinite statement is a promise is ridiculous.

note that (almost) no one is objecting to rally reduction. since that is the case, itll probably get fasttracked onto someones desk. because they like it, and we like it. that probably isnt gonna happen for white swords.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Worse that a wasted chance: because all the devs adopted themselves to T1, we’re now going to have white swords removed. We would have been better off without the adopt-a-dev.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

@All,

I agree. And as a bronze player I thought it was really interesting to see how the game is played on the top tier servers and hear how excited Hugh is about the game. Even though I don’t agree with all the changes they want to do now I still thnk it was a great idéa and would like to see a repeat of it in the future!

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Worse that a wasted chance: because all the devs adopted themselves to T1, we’re now going to have white swords removed. We would have been better off without the adopt-a-dev.

The bolded section is blatantly false. We had developers spread across all of the leagues. Don’t mistake your guild not getting a developer to mean there were no developers on your tier. If you want a developer in your guild, just apply again next time. The program was very positively received by our developers, so many of them are likely to participate again.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

The program was very positively received by our developers, so many of them are likely to participate again.

This shouldn’t be a choice for the wvw developers but rather mandatory. Seeing how things they implement affect wvw first hand on a regular basis seems like a pretty important thing.

BG

in WvW

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Next

The Adopt-a-Dev program is a voluntary program. The developers who participate do so in their own free time and they choose from the guilds who apply to the program. If you want to see more developers participating in the lower tiers, then encourage more of the lower-tiered guilds to apply.

in WvW

Dawntree.7246

The thing is that we have less guilds in lower tiers, so statistically people will end up more on higher tiers.

I do hope to see the program again and now that I’m thinking I’ll probably apply with mine, I’m not in a proper WvW raid guild so at the time I though we weren’t suited (Plus I live in GMT +1/ +2, but tbh I play a lot during late afternoon for them), however I’ll hope some dev would be happy to see the roaming scene in T8/T9.

Whiteside Ridge

(edited by Dawntree.7246)

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The program was very positively received by our developers, so many of them are likely to participate again.

This shouldn’t be a choice for the wvw developers but rather mandatory. Seeing how things they implement affect wvw first hand on a regular basis seems like a pretty important thing.

So you want them to be paying these people to just sit there and play the game rather than work on the game? seems like a silly idea to me.

I was happy to see the devs out and about, played a bit with 2 on the server I’m on and they were both very fun guys. I hope they do it again.

That said, I’m not sure on that white swords idea, seems like it’d hurt the lower tiers from reading responses, while in t1 we already place high priority on scouts so I don’t see it changing much. The problem to me is that scouting is a job with no rewards other than helping out your world, which makes it worth doing but not something people really want to do.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You are aware that a situation like that would mean that they would spend less time actually working on the game, right?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The Adopt-a-Dev program is a voluntary program. The developers who participate do so in their own free time and they choose from the guilds who apply to the program. If you want to see more developers participating in the lower tiers, then encourage more of the lower-tiered guilds to apply.

The adopt a dev program seems like a good thing and its nice to see developers get out into the community.

The bigger issue, however, comes when you tout the program as a development tool or aid. If that is the intent, then effort should be made to make sure you’re getting a full and fair picture of WvW – not just the situations on the higher tier servers.

So, if the intent is just to get devs out into the community and mingling, that’s fine. If it is to help gather information about WvW, then I think you have to be mindful to ensure youre not focusing on one or two servers more than any others.

Hopefully, more devs will decide to look at the lower tiers next time (and I know that there are several lower tier server guilds that applied and weren’t chosen this past time around). That said, if the majority of developers are interested in playing on only the top tier servers, then that alone is indicative of the population issues we on the lower tiers are very much aware of.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in WvW

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Next

The adopt a dev program seems like a good thing and its nice to see developers get out into the community.

The bigger issue, however, comes when you tout the program as a development tool or aid. If that is the intent, then effort should be made to make sure you’re getting a full and fair picture of WvW – not just the situations on the higher tier servers.

So, if the intent is just to get devs out into the community and mingling, that’s fine. If it is to help gather information about WvW, then I think you have to be mindful to ensure youre not focusing on one or two servers more than any others.

Hopefully, more devs will decide to look at the lower tiers next time (and I know that there are several lower tier server guilds that applied and weren’t chosen this past time around). That said, if the majority of developers are interested in playing on only the top tier servers, then that alone is indicative of the population issues we on the lower tiers are very much aware of.

I will make sure to stress the importance of spreading out among all the tiers when this comes around again. But, neither I nor John can force their decisions in a voluntary program.

I did, however, want to clear up the misconception that nobody was playing on the lower tiers during this past tournamnet, because I know for a fact that some were and brought back feedback that directly relates to the experiences on the lower end.

We understand and have seen the feedback regarding the proposed white swords change and the team is discussing that feedback.

in WvW

Dawntree.7246

We understand and have seen the feedback regarding the proposed white swords change and the team is discussing that feedback.

Thanks for the update on the matter.

Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I hate that a few jerks are turning this ugly. I thought this was a fantastic idea and I hope you can do it more often for more types of content when you have the opportunity.

in WvW

Posted by: Damian Vryce.9417

Damian Vryce.9417

I will make sure to stress the importance of spreading out among all the tiers when this comes around again. But, neither I nor John can force their decisions in a voluntary program.

I did, however, want to clear up the misconception that nobody was playing on the lower tiers during this past tournamnet, because I know for a fact that some were and brought back feedback that directly relates to the experiences on the lower end.

Well give us some transparency and publish which servers had devs and how big the guilds were they were a part off. Let’s see how biased the viewpoint the devs got has been.

in WvW

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

Here is my counter(spell)feedback!
Please go on with the proposed change on white swords.
You can further refine that change in the future, like rewarding defense better, but this is a start.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Well give us some transparency and publish which servers had devs and how big the guilds were they were a part off. Let’s see how biased the viewpoint the devs got has been.

Get off your lazy rear end and look at the stickied post

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Adopt-a-Dev-for-the-WvW-Fall-Tournament/page/2

Paul Ella on Darkhaven to start. Branden Gee on Eredon’s Terrace.

Took all of 2 mins, you’re welcome.

in WvW

Posted by: Damian Vryce.9417

Damian Vryce.9417

Get off your lazy rear end and look at the stickied post

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Adopt-a-Dev-for-the-WvW-Fall-Tournament/page/2

Paul Ella on Darkhaven to start. Branden Gee on Eredon’s Terrace.

Took all of 2 mins, you’re welcome.

Somehow I doubt every dev made an announcement.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

The bolded section is blatantly false. We had developers spread across all of the leagues. Don’t mistake your guild not getting a developer to mean there were no developers on your tier. If you want a developer in your guild, just apply again next time. The program was very positively received by our developers, so many of them are likely to participate again.

The bolded part is blatantly false. My guild neither applied for, nor cares to apply for adopt-a-dev.

But let’s focus on the real issue:

Fact of the matter is that one of the worst possible ideas for WvW: removal of white swords from the game, came out of adopt-a-dev. It’s not just an experimental idea that turned out to have negative repercussions when fully thought out. It’s clear to anyone who has a view of the game from (at least) T4 and down that this is game-destroying levels of bad.

For Anet’s sake, I seriously recommend an analysis: How did such a terrible idea get all the way to the point of “we’re going to implement this” in the official forums?

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

The thing is that we have less guilds in lower tiers, so statistically people will end up more on higher tiers.

It wasn’t a random drawing of who goes where, so that’s irrelevant.