An option to disable "orb" buff on myself?

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

So why did Devon run away from this thread????

Yes it’s a difficult topic, but in sPvP the Devs tackle them……..

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

I support this thread.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I’ve noticed that good threads that players actually put time and thought into generally get passed over whereas a thread about something completely sarcastic or a pop culture gets quick responses from devs.

Also players starting to rage about a feature that gets attention, gets a dev response.

Sometimes the world can be a mystery

in WvW

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

No. That is not a possibility at this time. The point of the buff is to affect the WvW game mode as a whole disabling it on your character would lessen the value of the buff to a server and completely invalidate the whole point.

Well we obviously don’t want your orbs.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in WvW

Posted by: uneditedbrute.8136

uneditedbrute.8136

No. That is not a possibility at this time. The point of the buff is to affect the WvW game mode as a whole disabling it on your character would lessen the value of the buff to a server and completely invalidate the whole point.

Devon,
I understand what Anet is attempting to do, and as a Hard core wvw player (yes we do exist…) i can tell u this orb this is not good.

I am a player on Tarnished Coast, atm we are fighting SOR and SOS with SOR dominating due to their server having more coverage and numbers in general.
infact mon-fri during NA prime it can be hard to get out of out-manned (i cant even imagine what its like being SOS)

with the addition of bloodlust my guild and server will be at a huge disadvantage for the enemy force will be able to take and hold the bloodlust buff 90% of the time based on how you guys explain it… please watch this video and see some of the AWESOME open field fights we have (may want to mute it due to language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7lho2qIG4&feature=share&list=UUHbXzcfnWrtwHddhmojoakw

fights like this where my team is outmanned 2 to 1 will be extremely hard to pull off after blood lust.

so please please PLEASE listen to ur wvw community before its too late and you dont have one any longer!

Thanks for your time,
Marrett
Officer of ZN

P.S. im sure this will just get ignored but i hope you dont for Gw2 Sake…

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-
[ZN] Zero Negative of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Nergrom.7592

Nergrom.7592

It baffles me how they could even consider these buffs when they will only make the strong stronger and the weak weaker. So what if you’re stronger in primetime, they’ll have the orbs most of the time outside that timeslot anyway, so good luck!

Not to mention the effect on GvGers who:

- contribute quite a bit to WvW in terms of points, as they raid far more than they gvg.
- are also keeping equal enemy numbers occupied during gvgs.
- really only want a simple change to bandaid the situation.

They say that they want to keep WvW healthy but hurting GvG will hurt WvW on the whole.

Most servers do not have the pug coverage to sustain themselves when the GvGers decide to leave WvW. The pugs can be skilled for sure, but the fact is that almost all GvGers are also WvWers, and losing that will mean a large overall loss in manpower… in a game-mode based on coverage. Vizunah would survive, but the others?

But surely they wouldn’t leave, right? Well, it depends. Not everybody would, but I can say that for a large portion GvG is what keeps them invested in the game, invested enough to WvW on the side.

Anecdotal: My own guild sticks around because we’re friends and we like GvGs, and almost all our friends are in the guild. If we lose the ability to GvG, the guild would drain out slowly and eventually disband. Many friendly and rival guilds I know think the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

And the rich get richer … Unfair matchups is one of the 2 main problems in WvW (the other being zergs).

We need an Occupy Wall Street movement of our own for WvW. “Occupy Lion’s Arch” anybody?

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Samis.1750)

in WvW

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I don’t know if speculative feedback was really wanted for this – and I expect it’s because they knew it would be controversial. The full details of the buff were released something like 3 weeks before its release? No time at all to make any substantive change. We will just have to see how it plays out – its less than a week before release, nothing will be altered at this point. If it does end up a disaster, we can all say “I told you so”, or maybe we’ll all be plesantly surprised. At this point, since the mechanic will go in regardless, it’s probably better to save our arguing till we see what the actual effects are, rather than what we guess they will be.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in WvW

Posted by: KaMiKaZe.1874

KaMiKaZe.1874

I don’t know if speculative feedback was really wanted for this – and I expect it’s because they knew it would be controversial. The full details of the buff were released something like 3 weeks before its release? No time at all to make any substantive change. We will just have to see how it plays out – its less than a week before release, nothing will be altered at this point. If it does end up a disaster, we can all say “I told you so”, or maybe we’ll all be plesantly surprised. At this point, since the mechanic will go in regardless, it’s probably better to save our arguing till we see what the actual effects are, rather than what we guess they will be.

Its not really speculations, we had this buff once and it turned out to be massive fail. The strong became stronger, the weak became weaker.

There should not be any buffs that affects gameplay with stats. Then they might well make so your characters aren’t level 80 in sPvP and matchup a level 10 with lvl 80, cause thats how wvw RNG matchups are

72.000 Kills in WvW
Leader of [DiVa]Dius Vanguard
FSV + Dius = DiVa

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Now that I think about it, I kinda wonder why they don’t just have the Orb/Bloodlust stat bonuses only active in the PvE world. That’s why we’re fighting in the Mists, right? To get power so we can bash up Zhaitan or whatever?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Its not really speculations, we had this buff once and it turned out to be massive fail. The strong became stronger, the weak became weaker.

There should not be any buffs that affects gameplay with stats. Then they might well make so your characters aren’t level 80 in sPvP and matchup a level 10 with lvl 80, cause thats how wvw RNG matchups are

They wanted it back, obviously and want to see how it plays now that the buff is way harder to defend. No more locking the orbs in fully upgraded keep and calling it a day.
With bloodlust being such high maintenance this time around, I wouldn’t be surprised if servers would reserve grabbing the buff for big pushes. This would also act as an early warning to defenders.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

They wanted it back, obviously and want to see how it plays now that the buff is way harder to defend. No more locking the orbs in fully upgraded keep and calling it a day.
With bloodlust being such high maintenance this time around, I wouldn’t be surprised if servers would reserve grabbing the buff for big pushes. This would also act as an early warning to defenders.

Its only harder to defend if populations/coverage r close, wich they r not, so its gonna end the same way the orbs did before.

heres an example

SOR/TC/SOS. SOR could have 20 ppl at the bloodlust area, while still have 30 guys pushing TC and another 30 pushing SOS, and still have a few ppl scouting running havoc. Now SOR would have the buff plus taking all the towers and stuff.

This will happen to anyone facing the top 6 servers BG SOR JQ TC DB FA, unless they faced eachother, and we all know that doesnt always happen esp for t2 servers

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in WvW

Dual.8953

Its only harder to defend if populations/coverage r close, wich they r not, so its gonna end the same way the orbs did before.

If the server can muster 2 or 3 small groups, they can easily steal the buff portion on thier BL, by finding which points are least well defended. You don’t have to fight thier main force head on to steal the buff, it could become a game of keep away.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

you need to hold 3 points for 2 minutes, the zerg can get there within 30 seconds, good luck

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in WvW

Dual.8953

you need to hold 3 points for 2 minutes, the zerg can get there within 30 seconds, good luck

Coordinate and use multi pronged strikes where ever the zerg isn’t. /sigh
It’s like tactics and strategy is completely lost on the masses.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

Coordinate and use multi pronged strikes where ever the zerg isn’t. /sigh
It’s like tactics and strategy is completely lost on the masses.

Very possible when they outnumber you badly isnt it. When enemies have 150 stat buffs pugs wont bother staying on the map either. It’s all coverage and numbers, skills wont matter since there is oging to be a stat buff involved.
You can use tactics but they can be overcome quiet easilly, especially if you own nothing on a map

Oh and “masses” sure, TUP and masses, not even going to give you details on that

YUM has been spreading nonsense all over this forum, start using your brains

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

This is a waste of time, ANet clearly doesn’t play WvW Competitively, hence they make the situation of “More Arrow Carts to wing this fight”. And now when people make their own form of competitive play far away from blobbing, they make this and claim to discourage zerging. Yeah, sure, tell me how you’d feel when your enemy has blobs in your outmanned maps and get those buffs going for their server.
Keep ignoring ANet.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I really like the idea of orbs, but give them buffs that don’t effect gameplay so much. How about a magic find buff or getting some % more xp gain or something boosters or banners can do.

Instead of making server stacking more effective, how about making zerg weaker? What about AoE hit everyone in it and the more people are affected by it the damage goes up. So if your AoE hit a group of 10, every of the ten get a 122 damage tick per sec, while with 20 hit everyone gets 244 damage per tick.

I think that whole system will fail massively with bloodlust and servers stacking more and more people.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: KaMiKaZe.1874

KaMiKaZe.1874

Well i guess Sacrx was right in few things when it comes to WvW, I still however have hope…

Just hoping they will realize soon that they should focus more on Deathmatch in WvW.

ATM its basically all about World Exp and Siege and nothing left for Deathmatching… People rather run away or into a tower instead of fighting so all fights are basically at towers or keeps.

I don’t really care about GvG’s to much, But i atleast think everyone that wants to GvG should be allowed to do so. Custom arena aren’t the answer either cause its not really GvG it’s tight spaces where you really can’t have a good clash… people would probably rather use choke points and then we are back to staring at each other….

Orbs beeing in keeps or not doesn’t matter they can still be easily be defended with the choke points they provide in the new ruins, can easily dispatch half your blobb to defend it and be back together within 2-5min, hell maybe even Guilds will just camp the ruins and make sure no other server get the buff cause its a powerful buff.

Saying its easy to flip it when you have to actually stay around for 2 min and IF 1 person jumps into the circle you add few more seconds you have to stay.

Contest a keep and stay outside the gate for 2min and see how “easy” that is…

72.000 Kills in WvW
Leader of [DiVa]Dius Vanguard
FSV + Dius = DiVa

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

At least make the buff stats identical to “an ingame consumable” such a food or oil..so we can make it fair manually. The side without buff eats that food and do GvG.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Revelry_Starcake is pretty kitten close.

It’s also expensive as hell.

And? You wanted an option, you have an option. Next you’re going to say you want it to be free because having a food buff option that was just specifically requested isn’t good enough.

buff food is already used in gvg’s
this would take away the ability of a guild to take their own specific buff food which would end in an even larger disadvantage.
also, it would make conditions even stronger.

Ok, so even better. You specifically ask for a food buff that counters the orb bonus→ one is linked to you → “it’s too expensive” AND you’re unwilling to adjust the rules slightly.

Obviously the other team wouldn’t use any food. It’s not like you’d be countering the orb buff with your food and they’d all have bonus stats on top of the +5 difference between the food and the orb (which is negligible, if +5 to each stat makes it so the other team never wins there’s something seriously wrong with how GvG is set up). Yes, you might have to adjust your builds slightly to take into consideration the lack of food buffs, but really, if you can’t adapt that’s your problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I have faith that Devs like Devon will drive people to quit out of spite and zero respect and understanding over why everyone does not think using a arrow cart is fun.

He is clearly a fellow that does not enjoy open field fights and really hates organized even number fights, clearly has a zerg mentality thats fine but killing the people that fight outnumbered against bad odds with orbs is a kick in the nuts.

Its like these devs are trying to kill a decent game.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

So I would like to ask – can we expect ANYTHING changed in “orbs” after all those 8 pages of complaining or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

Orbs were in since the game’s Beta and were only removed for exploiting reasons around Nov 1st because of the excessive exploiting (that was griefing massive amounts of players due to the score imbalance because of it).

Actually, this is wrong:

After a careful reevaluation of orbs of power we have decided to remove them from WvW in an upcoming build. As implemented, orbs tend to strengthen teams who are already winning and make it even more difficult for underdog teams to fight back. In addition, the current implementation seems to be irresistible to hackers/cheaters and will require significant modification to prevent cheaters from having an unfortunately large impact on the state of any given WvW game. Under the circumstances we believe that removing orbs completely is a better choice than attempting an in-place redesign/re-implementation as it will immediately put a stop to all orb hacking. It is likely that orbs, or some orb-like mechanic, will return at some point in the future, but only after we are confident that they will not exhibit the sorts of issues that we see with orbs today.

The snowball effect is actually mentioned first, and the hacking is an additional reason. Presumably with the move from something that could be placed in a t3 keep, to five points in the middle of the BL, this issue is considered solved. I’m not convinced it is, considering the wide differences in population between servers. Not to mention you need to take the buff for yourself, rather than just neutralizing it for your enemy.

THIS EXACTLY. I don’t know what the brain children at Anet are thinking. The original INTENTION of the orb to be placed in the keep wasn’t JUST for the buff (which was silly). The INTENT was that the orb WOULD be taken by the STRONGEST server…and the idea was that the buff… while it would provide a stat buff….both servers would gang up on the stronger server and 2v1 them to get the orb (Since it would be in the stronger servers keep)….now while the INTENT was a noble one the implementation was flawed and could have been done better….now they are trying to implement it better, but instead completely F up the INTENT of the orbs to begin with and instead….leave the just the buff to strengthen the bigger server with out a mechanic trying to cause a 2v1….so in otherwords and clusterkitten….that will BLOW UP completely when it is implemented…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

R.I.P. vabbi

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Since the request posed in the OP has already been answered, and this thread has veered away from its original topic, we’re going to lock this thread.