New meta for wvw; mes port away.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

no surprise here, lately this is the new meta my server, including the other servers been doing; putting a mesmer/s to hide inside keeps to port their players.

We just grew tired of doing the right thing and working so hard with great effort and only see it gone, within minutes.

In the past few day including today, i’ve been having a blast; no efforts needed, no trebs or carta’s, just port away.

In fact i had so much blast, i did the same with my mes.. there were 17 of us doing it; of course we had many thieves with us, just in case..

And a i been told too many times before; it is intended and is not game breaking whatsoever, and Arena.net fully support it.

Remember; as long you have a mes/s hiding inside a keep, no need to treb or attack the keep/tower.

Don’t even bother wasting your time, and effort, for grabbing supplies, mes port will do the job for you.

So.. do your best in hiding and port away.

(i find this the worse mechanic/physic in a mmo).

Well,

(only and none other than Guild Wars 2, cheapness with zero effort needed whatsoever, are considered ‘balanced’)

wait!!

‘working as intented’ is the correct phrase.

hint… put a thief with a mes to stay hidden for a much longer duration.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Not seeing much porting away on our server. However I have seen a lot of the Mesmers dieing on purupse somewhere he can be rezed from outside and portal everybody in.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Wait, your server doesn’t sweep for mesmers?

Huh…

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

just because a ranger has no portal

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Huh…

not anymore

why should we?, we have our own in hiding

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Uh this is not new. It is a bad mechanic and lame but its been going on since the beginning. Anet will not change it because they seem to like lame mechanics.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Huh…

why should we, we have our own in hiding

So you’re saying you just flip structures between servers like a karma train? No defense at all?

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Lol, someone’s mad.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Uhm … you think this is a new thing? Mesmers hiding in keeps has been part of the game since day 1.

Just make sure you do a sweep after capping.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Uhm … you think this is a new thing? Mesmers hiding in keeps has been part of the game since day 1.

this is not about if this is new or not, this is about doing the right thing/ working hard and putting your best effort than realized, there is a cheap alternative way to do it.

I’m not mad at all

It’s like.. for so long you believe you are doing good than realized, all your good efforts were suddenly wasted, meaninglessley taken from you, ‘in a blink of an eye’.

So what do you do?

So how would you feel afterward?

So what else are there to do?

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

It’s not like there’s not an easy counter. Sweep and sentry and you should be fine.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Funny how there are still innocent rabbits who don’t look for a mesmer. :P Come on, a mesmer doesn’t have perma stealth… how can you not spot him?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

It’s one of the best things of wvw, punishes dumb karma trains who rush on to next keep without securing what they took.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Neither a mesmer with one, two or seven thieves. You can always spot them when they are refreshing the stealth, and hiding spots are the same since the start of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

It’s one of the best things of wvw, punishes dumb karma trains who rush on to next keep without securing what they took.

It doesn’t punish karma trains in the slightest, just more stuff for them to back cap. They’re already karma training, which means they don’t care.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

no surprise here, lately this is the new meta my server, including the other servers been doing; putting a mesmer/s to hide inside keeps to port us.

“lately” ???? Welcome to WvW

This won’t end well…

in WvW

Posted by: Porter.2830

Porter.2830

FYI: It’s called “Science”, bruh.

Winner & 1st Runner Up: Mirror Staring Contest

in WvW

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

0/10. Would not read again!

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I think rams are a cheap mechanic that discourage EFFORT. I mean it’s got the DPS of like a hundred people hitting the gate at the same time, and you can buy one for a few silver! It’s like, I’ve been destroying gates with my autoattacks all my life. I was proud when I finally got it down, like I accomplished something. Now you are telling me you can speed it up a hundred times by paying silver? I no longer have faith in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

It’s not like there’s not an easy counter. Sweep and sentry and you should be fine.

Bay watergate among others …..

Do YOU want to be the one babysitting a dead mesmer corpse that stays there for many hours, as high as 6 hours straight ? Sweeps don’t exactly help with that.

You cant even go out of LOS of it, do you really wanna stay there entire time and spend half your weekend playtime doing nothing but that ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Last time I died after a while I got the “you will disconnect if you don’t move” message. Was that glitch? It took the same amount of time as if I were standing still but alive.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I think rams are a cheap mechanic that discourage EFFORT. I mean it’s got the DPS of like a hundred people hitting the gate at the same time, and you can buy one for a few silver! It’s like, I’ve been destroying gates with my autoattacks all my life. I was proud when I finally got it down, like I accomplished something. Now you are telling me you can speed it up a hundred times by paying silver? I no longer have faith in the game.

Second this. Also:
I think toughness and vitality are a cheap mechanic that discourage EFFORT. I mean it’s got the DPS of like a blob of people hitting that PVT train at the same time, and you can buy gear for it for a few gold for permanent use! It’s like, I’ve been running green zerk gear, casting ranged aoe all my life. I was proud when I finally got someone down, like I accomplished something. Now you are telling me you can speed it up a hundred times by equipping PVT and getting into organized melee train? I no longer have faith in the game.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

:facepalm: Dude just sweep for mesmers. I main mesmer and I don’t even bother hiding anymore because everyone knows the hiding spots.

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Do YOU want to be the one babysitting a dead mesmer corpse that stays there for many hours, as high as 6 hours straight ? Sweeps don’t exactly help with that.

You cant even go out of LOS of it, do you really wanna stay there entire time and spend half your weekend playtime doing nothing but that ?

Dead people time out after 10 minutes max. Your point is invalid.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

New meta, lol. Sweep your buildings….

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in WvW

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

There are ways around that. Your point is invalid.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

New meta, lol. Sweep your buildings….

Dude, many people don’t have the sweep ability unlocked. It costs 25 skill points and must be equiped in the utility bar. It has a 60 second cooldown. Using it will sweep an area clean, approx 500 radius.

I like to use it after a battle to clean up the blood.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

That must be awfully boring for the player to just hang around in the structure all day waiting for it to get taken over only to port their buddies back in. Now that is dedication.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi

You are a new player or not in an organized guild with an experienced mesmer, so just FYI, that is not how the game works. They can and in fact do sit dead for countless hours if they want to. There are multiple other threads about it in this sub-forum. Please read up and do not make false assumptions.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

eh it is as intended but a simple fix would take care of it. ANet simply needs to make it impossible to port through walls of a tower or keep unless its been broken through by gate or wall. Almost like a wall = portal barrier. Won’t happen but oh well.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Hi

You are a new player or not in an organized guild with an experienced mesmer, so just FYI, that is not how the game works. They can and in fact do sit dead for countless hours if they want to. There are multiple other threads about it in this sub-forum. Please read up and do not make false assumptions.

I’m sure you’ll happily share your sources with me.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Complaining about mesmer port ? It’s so simple to sweep, yet it has astonished me the completely dumb hiding spot I found (right in front of the door) yet they work when the opposing zerg is too dumb/lazy to just wander around.

And it’s not that hard to correctly sweep, even with thieves around.

The only problem are players who knows how to get around the 15 minutes no movement limits.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Old news is old ?

Just saying this is hardly a new meta but, congratz on figuring out something that has been used since the dawn of this game.

Sweep after cap, leave a scout in keep just incase mes/thief is missed in the sweep.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

That must be awfully boring for the player to just hang around in the structure all day waiting for it to get taken over only to port their buddies back in. Now that is dedication.

That’s why as a mesmer, the longest I will hide is 10 minutes. If the commander doesn’t ask me to stay a little longer, I move on. It’s just part of the war and it isn’t game breaking imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Welcome to Guild Wars 2.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

no surprise here, lately this is the new meta my server, including the other servers been doing; putting a mesmer/s to hide inside keeps to port their players.

Wait, what, is this 2012?

Even the lowest ranked servers sweep for mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

this is not about if this is new or not, this is about doing the right thing/ working hard and putting your best effort than realized, there is a cheap alternative way to do it.

I’m not mad at all

It’s like.. for so long you believe you are doing good than realized, all your good efforts were suddenly wasted, meaninglessley taken from you, ‘in a blink of an eye’.

So what do you do?

I guess I’ll bite.
If your best effort doesn’t include a simple mes sweep then your best effort is awful. You aren’t doing the right thing. If you were then you wouldn’t be getting beat by the same old tactic that has been easily countered and known about for over a year.

As for saying is not about if it’s new or not. Don’t put “new meta” in your thread title and then list something that had been around since day one. It just shows shows everyone how little experience you have.

Next you’ll be complaining about a new meta of water fields.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

I’m not mad at all

So what do you do?

I guess I’ll bite.
If your best effort doesn’t include a simple mes sweep then your best effort is awful. You aren’t doing the right thing. If you were then you wouldn’t be getting beat by the same old tactic that has been easily countered and known about for over a year.

As for saying is not about if it’s new or not. Don’t put “new meta” in your thread title and then list something that had been around since day one. It just shows shows everyone how little experience you have.

Next you’ll be complaining about a new meta of water fields.

First, i want to remind you, i do not respond to Insults. Secondly, because of your insulting mind, you refused to comprehend what this thread is all about.

This thread is not about finding mes or not, or doing sweep or not, or being experienced or not.

It is about not doing anything at all and still get the job done, using cheap alternatives methods

Sweep all you want, check their “hidden spots” all you want, and they will still remain undetectable.

Have you ever asked yourself, ’how is this possible after doing all those “sweeps”, a mes/s were able to port their allies?"

Or even better, ‘how do the top servers do it? by remaining at the top for so long’? (not saying they all do it but we know many who do)

Perhaps. they have near.. perma-mes/s to keep them afloat at the top?

Yes, i did say that…

Mesmers can perma-stealth.

Of course!.. i will not reveal their secret remedies.

Anyhow, i haven’t mastered it yet but i’m able to remain undetected for 20 minutes+, other mesmers; 30min+..1 hour+, yet again in the same “hidden spots”.,

Yet i feel like a ‘bad guy’ for using cheap unfair alternatives to gain success, but once again, i’m constantly being reminded, ‘that it is ok.. you are doing nothing wrong, in fact, you are doing the right thing’

In final note,

My server including others, had always believed that hard work and great effort payed off in the end.

Or as the saying goes, “Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity”

Not Anymore.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Eh, I was going to write up a wall of text on a l2p issue, but I decided to just stop and delete it all.

This thread is troll.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Eh, I was going to write up a wall of text on a l2p issue, but I decided to just stop and delete it all.

This thread is troll.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/79842-whats-your-longest-time-staying-hidden-in-an-enemy-keep-tower/

what you said?

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Perhaps. they have near.. perma-mes/s to keep them afloat at the top?

Yes, i did say that…

Mesmers can perma-stealth.

Of course!.. i will not reveal their secret remedies.

Anyhow, i haven’t mastered it yet but i’m able to remain undetected for 20 minutes+, other mesmers; 30min+..1 hour+, yet again in the same “hidden spots”.,

Yet i feel like a ‘bad guy’ for using cheap unfair alternatives to gain success, but once again, i’m constantly being reminded, ‘that it is ok.. you are doing nothing wrong, in fact, you are doing the right thing’

In final note,

My server including others, had always believed that hard work and great effort payed off in the end.

Or as the saying goes, “Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity”
Not Anymore.

Perma-stealth is not hiding when half of your skills are giving away your position. Even a thief can’t correctly hide because of the red rings that appear every few seconds. (If there is an exploit however, that’s another story).
Doing a sweep isn’t just running around. If you can’t correctly sweep, you deserve to lose your keep.

Of course!..I will not reveal their secret to sweeping.

:p

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Dead mesmers can extend their time out timer by using an exploit, actually dead anythings can do it. When babysitting a dead mesmer I will /sit or /sleep as soon as that mesmer dies. When my timer is up and I have to move due to inactivity and the mesmer has yet to recall I screenshot and report as an exploit.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

I thought you were talking about having a Mesmer open portal, have the zerg run into the enemy and then portal out before the enemy can hit back. I’ve certainly not seen that before – 60s duration on the portal may not let it work. But that would be new meta … you’re talking about hiding and portal’ing an allied zerg into a keep though, that’s a very well known tactic and has been around since before I can remember.

Mesmers can’t perma-stealth. Prismatic Understanding, Decoy, Veil, The Prestige and Mass Invisibility still leaves a large gap in the stealth duration. A dedicated hunt for the Mesmer will kill him. You just have to sweep for him.

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I think it’s an interesting dynamic and enjoy it really. If a good Thief/Mesmer team can hide effectively and retake a tower then +1 for good gameplay. Adapt or lose.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in WvW

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

That many comments for a troll post……amazing.

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

you are a valuable player as well,

but

if you having nothing to contribute but to spam the word ‘troll’

please move on and let others be…

thanks

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

you are a valuable player as well,

but

if you having nothing to contribute but to spam the word ‘troll’

please move on and let others be…

thanks

Aww it was so funny until I learned it wasn’t a troll post.

“Everything old is new again.” —Peter Allen

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Aleph Naught.9034

Aleph Naught.9034

So, the OP complains about perma-stealth mesmers (whose secret technique he’s apparently mastering) and as proof provides a link to a thread where people talk about the maximum time they’ve been able to remain unnoticed, without any perma-stealth mentioned whatsoever.

There are no perma-stealth mesmers.

There are, however, people who think sweeping for mesmers means aimlessly running around with their inventory taking 70% of their screens until they’re done salvaging stuff. That concludes the sweep, and the fact that they now have to catch up with their zerg makes them think they’ve been incredibly thorough.

Mild Delirium | Innuendum [ENDO] | Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I have some news too!
Instead of killing the mesmer right at the door, have a fellow player pull it off the door before killing it. Yes, it is possible!

Now, mesmer portals might not be the idea some people have of what’s fun and good work, but it works! And remember, for that player to stay hidden there all that time, making sure he isn’t getting disconnected… It takes dedication. I always say a big Thanks to our mesmers, cause while they stay hidden, earning no Xp, Wxp or loots, the bus is elsewhere, having fun…

It is bad, to lose a structure to a mesmer, but it is always possible to seek them out, and to use crowd control to get them out of where they can be ressed from outside.

When I send my troops searching for mesmers or thief, I always indicate to indicate a mesmer’s position before killing it, and to wait for a class that can pull it off the dangerous point before attacking it.

In this war, mesmers and thiefs are the spies that opens the door from within.

I personnally worry more about actual spies, the ones that turn defensive trebs/catapults, build siege where it will be easily destroyed, thus reaching the cap of the map, use up supply right before the structure is attacked, tells the ennemy what our actions are and so on…

Mesmers? Well, if I want to keep the structure, I make sure it is thoroughly searched, and that no ennemy mesmers dies where it can be ressed from outside…

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

The wife was on her Mesmer, me on my Guardian one day when the enemy took our NE tower. They did not sweep. Since we were short on manpower she ported me in and we took the tower as a duo. A little while later they again capped that tower and again they did not sweep so the two of us took it back again. The THIRD time after they failed to sweep we were laughing so hard we forgot about the RI on the tower Lord and failed in the attempt.

Theftwind (HoD)