Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Once again – I’m trying to be constructive here. The good part of all this is that this dev actually plays the game and trying to enjoy it – at least I hope to. He makes the same “mistakes” than most of us did.

Please, SBI had a 500+ tick and were leading by 150k+ (I believe the dev was a resident of SBI). If PvD against non existant competition is ‘fun’ then yea his is totally trying to play the game.

Do not judge if you don’t want to be judged.

You don’t like people saying that your way of enjoying WvW (that is GvG) is not “right” or not “fun”. Don’t do this to others. “Fun” is subjective and there is “subjective fun” to be had even when you are leading in score.

Comes back to the underlying factor. If he wanted to do crap why was he in this secluded area in the first place where GvG normally goes down? You realise there are 3 EXACTLY THE SAME ZONES and he had to go troll the one in use. Or is his fun causing grief cos he is an ANET employee and can do what he wants? Remember that the SBI guild in question is a HC WvW guild that was GvG’ing for FUN after a kitten matchup.

And I dont GvG, you dont know what I find fun, I prefer blobbing (lol) but i think GvG is something that offers diversity to the somewhat stale gameplay. Dont put words in my mouth, you dont know what I like. Its not like everyone that defends GvG actually does GvG.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Do you know how rude PvDers are when i put ram wrong place or akitten superior cart when enemy come in?

Exactly. I didn’t even see the employee being rude, just a bunch of people overreacting. I’ve seen a lot worse from guilds/commanders I actually like :P Guys, a random employee just stated he wanted to play WvW like it’s meant to be played. Really disliking GvGers completely now.

I like seeing anet tags in wvw (usually if they’re on an opposing server, just to kill them), but I’m sure this will just make it so none will ever tag up. Also more people will grief GvGs because of how much you freak out.

What’s holding him back from manning his ACs? That’s right, because trolling your customers is much more fun than going around fighting a gate or manning ACs for all his time in WvW.

Yeah and those GvGers were totally defending their servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

I like seeing an Anet rep stating his real opinion rather than the usual canned garbage. I would honest respect Anet less if the guy is punished.

Just because you have a personal problem with gvg in general does not mean that an Anet Employee is allowed to behave in such a way. Watch the Video, he was asked to leave and also the opposing guild tried friendly to make him leave ( they did not kill him). After that it got unfriendly. So he had many opportunities to leave before that. He chose to troll and when you do that you have to handle the response.

Watched the video… He was asked to leave being called a kitten kitten…

It’s been said before, but I’ll repeat. There is only 3 reasons why you would go to that area in the map

1) GvG/fight club
2) Skill point
3) Troll the GvG/fight club

The dev walked right into the middle of the GvG and parked himself there, for no reason other than to be a nuisance. Common decency will tell you not to get into the middle of something like that. If you persist in being a troll, expect to be trolled back. Said dev couldn’t handle being insulted so he turned on the big guns to prove a point. This was poor behaviour on the part of the dev. /thread, whether or not you approve of GvGs is irrelevant.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

(edited by Opc.4718)

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

For once I’m going to have to side with ANet.

If you’re not in WvWvW to compete on behalf of your server then kindly get out.

Another person that doesnt consider the score, the tick rate and the time the GvG went down. Well done for coming in blind.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Do you know how rude PvDers are when i put ram wrong place or akitten superior cart when enemy come in?

Exactly. I didn’t even see the employee being rude, just a bunch of people overreacting. I’ve seen a lot worse from guilds/commanders I actually like :P Guys, a random employee just stated he wanted to play WvW like it’s meant to be played. Really disliking GvGers completely now.

I like seeing anet tags in wvw (usually if they’re on an opposing server, just to kill them), but I’m sure this will just make it so none will ever tag up. Also more people will grief GvGs because of how much you freak out.

What’s holding him back from manning his ACs? That’s right, because trolling your customers is much more fun than going around fighting a gate or manning ACs for all his time in WvW.

They were ticking with 500+ and leading by 150k points on thursday… totaly need to defend anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Why should he be fired? He didn’t violate any game rules. He simply didn’t do as he was ordered, which isn’t against the rules.

He should be fired because he abused his official Arenanet Tag. If he doesn´t like GvG no problem, if he choses to act like a r e kitten as a simple player, ok, the guild here treated him like he deserved it. But by switching on his Arenanet Tag he made it official and he spoke in some way in Arenanets name which was extremely unclever. He wanted to show “Hey i´am an official and you can not tell me anything”. I he had chosen to let his Anet Tag off, he would have spared his employer a lot of drama. And only this is enough imo to correct him accordingly.

I like seeing an Anet rep stating his real opinion rather than the usual canned garbage. I would honest respect Anet less if the guy is punished.

When you represent a company you tow the company line. There have been bigger scandals than this, there have been lesser ones. The people involved are usually reprimanded/let go. The response to the incidents usually don’t happen right away but will happen within a week.

If you cant get your way in a videogame you are not to ‘pull rank’ on other players. If that employee didn’t pull rank and did not pop his tag – there would be no issue here. The other side would have killed him, and the gvg would have happened.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

The SBI gvg group is ticking 500+, the other server has given up. Blame ANET for giving them crap matchups. It happened for SoR too so we had Stonemist Olympics with a treb. Oh wait, needa play for ppt and cant have fun ey?

Minion

in WvW

Tamaki Revolution.3548

If people actually want someone fired in this economy because of a few comments in WvW, you guys need help. I’m out :P Be nuts on your own. GvG = srsbsnz.

in WvW

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

You’re such a hypocrite.

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Watched the video… He was asked to leave being called a kitten kitten…

Then you looked not hard enough bro. 23:19 in the say chat he was asked to move.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Draygo.9473

If people actually want someone fired in this economy because of a few comments in WvW, you guys need help. I’m out :P Be nuts on your own.

Its not nuts. I’m sure your boss for your current job wouldn’t want you calling his customers and telling them that they are wrong to order your product and use it in a way that disagrees with your personal vision.

If I did that I would be fired on the spot.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Fact: The gvg happened on an empty map, with no queues.
Fact: The event happened on a Thursday before reset, when there was a decided winner and the servers involved already had issues getting people to log in and fight.
Fact: Where the gvg’s happen is way down in the southern end of the map, far away from any towers/supply camps/keeps or any other objective needed to be flipped for WvW strategy and ppt.
Fact: The Anet employee parked himself untagged in the middle of what was a player-organized event and would not move.
Fact: The Anet employee only popped his tag after people asked him to move and then said “I’m watching you guys violate my game mode.”

How exactly were these guys violating your “game mode”? They were far away from interfering with any objective flipping or defense. They were on a map that was not queued or causing issues for players to get into. People can have their own opinions about gvg and its place in WvW, but in this particular instance any of the regular protestations (taking up queue space, etc) were moot.

This guy owes the community and these particular players an apology. What he was doing was pure griefing, considering their event did not prohibit this Anet employee from capping objectives or playing the way he wanted to play. However, he was preventing others from playing the way THEY wanted to play.

Appology for what? Standing up there and watching? Its his right, as it is of every other player. He does not violate any rules by that or “grief” you. In fact, he had all right to actively interfere (attack other players, bring mobs there, set traps etc) – as any other players. GvGers are not given exclusive rights and protections and only able to hold the events because people let them.

In fact, if you actually would contact other side and tell them to kill this specific player interferring with you: that would be a clear rule violation.

From an actual harm standpoint: indeed, this even most likely did not matter.
From the legal standpoint: the Dev actually had all rights to punish you for abusing game mechanics (farming XP, as neglectable it were), conspiring to influence match result and “leeching” – its actually in a rules. He did nothing of that so even there you have nothing to complaint.

So whats the whole fuss about? Since some player DARED to interfere with your holy GvG by standing there, and that player happened to be a Dev? (as if having a tag automatically made him untouchable).

He had absolutely no obligations to your side, used exact same rights as any other player could and recived trown insults and personal attacks there and now through forums and making his details public.

The equivalent would be a gvg team standing in front of any tower or keep you try to attack and not flip it, but just stand there and prevent anyone else from doing it.

Not sure why you’re not getting that this is griefing. He stood right in the middle of the playing field and wouldn’t move. And only after people asked him to move did he pop his tag as a signal of authority — which is an abuse of authority.

His sole purpose was to disrupt something a set of players organized. There was no tower to cap or camp to flip there — the sole purpose was to be disruptive. That’s the definition of griefing.

uhh that’s not greifing, I have knocked doors down and stood in the court yard killing people who come to defend. If someone from my realm comes and caps the tower o well, its the name of the game. Even anet employees are allowed to have an opinion as far as I know no one that did the gvg was band or in fractured so what’s the problem?

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

If people actually want someone fired in this economy because of a few comments in WvW, you guys need help. I’m out :P Be nuts on your own. GvG = srsbsnz.

Loses an arguement and plays the ‘ignore all further comments’ card.

And lol infractions being rolled out en masse

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Jharkin.9357

Jharkin.9357

How is this not competing on behalf of your server? These are two wvw guilds
who have been playing all week taking 30 minutes for some even fights in at the end of the week. The people watching certainly didn’t want their server’s guild to lose and these fights between two of the server’s bigger wvw guilds have a lot more impact on server morale than flipping sm.

It’s not like these two guilds came from pve to duke it out and then go back to pve.

in WvW

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Loses an arguement and plays the ‘ignore all further comments’ card. Another one bites the dust.

I was just done talking about it :P I don’t know the employee, how long do I have to defend him? The first thread I did it in got trashed >.>

Plus it’s like 3 people, I can’t respond fast enough ftl.

in WvW

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Semi surprised the main thread is still going on. I agree, no one should be punished/fired over this small instance. Get over it people.

Extreme show of distaste towards players, lack of respect, disrupting other people’s game experience, and abuse of authority as an arena net developer. Need I tell you more reasons why he should be fired?

He wanted to wvw, gvgers were rude first, he expressed he wanted to play the way wvw was meant to be played. Yes, give me actual reasons.

(Crap, didn’t mean to start posting in this thread as well)

Don’t expect rainbows and flowers when you show extreme disrespect towards your customers, how come you don’t see this? Common sense isn’t so common it seems.

How is he showing extreme disrespect though he is not using foul language like the players were and i believe verbal abuse is a breech of ToS agreement. Violating his game mode can also mean a numerous amounts of reasons one of those is forcing a person to move or relocate when there in a particular spot they like and giving them kitten for it he didn’t have to do any thing and would have just bean killed by enemy players.

I don’t see any reason he should be fired based on the things he said i cant also see a reason he should be fired even if he had a attitude.

in WvW

Posted by: naboac.5876

naboac.5876

Did you see the score? It was a thursday and one server owned nearly all points. Maybe they just wanted a fun fight?

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Just saying your wrong in this case tamaki. Read my response above for a more real world scenario.

Customers are a companies golden goose, you don’t kitten with the customers.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

I don’t understand. Some people are fine with ascended gear, with wxp buffs like applied fortitude, with outrageously uneven matchups and coverage problems, and with bloodlust.

But a guild spends 1 hour on a dead thursday night to play a GvG, and they lose their minds because it’s ‘unbalancing’ WvW.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

in WvW

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Just saying your wrong in this case tamaki. Read my response above for a more real world scenario.

Customers are a companies golden goose, you don’t kitten with the customers.

Customers are usually wrong :P I still think his comments were innocent, especially in WvW. I will concede that tagging up was probably the wrong course of action though.

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

in WvW

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

Semi surprised the main thread is still going on. I agree, no one should be punished/fired over this small instance. Get over it people.

Extreme show of distaste towards players, lack of respect, disrupting other people’s game experience, and abuse of authority as an arena net developer. Need I tell you more reasons why he should be fired?

He wanted to wvw, gvgers were rude first, he expressed he wanted to play the way wvw was meant to be played. Yes, give me actual reasons.

(Crap, didn’t mean to start posting in this thread as well)

Don’t expect rainbows and flowers when you show extreme disrespect towards your customers, how come you don’t see this? Common sense isn’t so common it seems.

How is he showing extreme disrespect though he is not using foul language like the players were and i believe verbal abuse is a breech of ToS agreement. Violating his game mode can also mean a numerous amounts of reasons one of those is forcing a person to move or relocate when there in a particular spot they like and giving them kitten for it he didn’t have to do any thing and would have just bean killed by enemy players.

I don’t see any reason he should be fired based on the things he said i cant also see a reason he should be fired even if he had a attitude.

I’m not gonna repeat myself, go look at the chat log. If you don’t see there’s an issue in going to your customer and trash talking him, and showing your superiority complex, then it’s your problem.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

His comments aren’t what is wrong. Its tagging up and speaking on behalf of a company that may not agree with what you are saying.

He could have done what he did and been fine had he not tagged up.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

I don’t understand. Some people are fine with ascended gear, with wxp buffs like applied fortitude, with outrageously uneven matchups and coverage problems, and with bloodlust.

But a guild spends 1 hour on a dead thursday night to play a GvG, and they lose their minds because it’s ‘unbalancing’ WvW.

Sometimes I wonder why WvW guilds quit or change servers, I think I finally understand that some of them must have been told to play long hours and to play for ppt rather than to have fun once in a while. I mean a hardcore, by all accounts, wvw guild having a fun gvg at the end of a lopsided match is being called out by people who probebly PvE more than they WvW.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Jharkin.9357

Jharkin.9357

Actually the 15v15 was pretty much the only way to stop the massive SBI zerg. 15 IOJ [CORE] were able to hold up 55 SBI and NSP for about 45 minutes.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Still waiting for a response from one of the devs.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in WvW

Tamaki Revolution.3548

His comments aren’t what is wrong. Its tagging up and speaking on behalf of a company that may not agree with what you are saying.

He shouldn’t be fired because he tagged up. That’s the…. maybe last thing I have to say. I hope the higher ups are just shaking their heads at this and not taking any of this seriously. Just make it so no employees can ever tag up, ever again so people can never mention how they wronged them in any aspect of the game.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

^check back on Monday.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Actually the 15v15 was pretty much the only way to stop the massive SBI zerg. 15 IOJ [CORE] were able to hold up 55 SBI and NSP for about 45 minutes.

I was mainly making a jab at the comment I was responding to :p But, noice.

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

He shouldn’t be fired because he tagged up. That’s the…. maybe last thing I have to say. I hope the higher ups are just shaking their heads at this and not taking any of this seriously. Just make it so no employees can ever tag up, ever again so people can never mention how they wronged them in any aspect of the game.

And thats the best thing he could have done in this situation. He didnt need to tag up, he did not need to lower himself. All he needed to do was to be the bigger man and walk away. But he didnt, thats the problem.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Posts disappearing, somebody is reading.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Disclaimer: none of this is opinion, it’s facts based on what I’m reading. It’s a summary. Enjoy

There’s several factions here besides yours. First, There’s people who care about PPT. On NA t1, gvg does indeed eat up valuable queues. That upsets the hardcore wvw’ers.

Then you got the people who think train v train isn’t actually an organized esport. They believe it involves less skill than tpvp. Many pvp players fall into the category. I am one of them. I tend to question if we really want gvg in the current format. I tend to think more critically about things. For me, I call it train v train because it does not represent any kind of gvg that I enjoy.

Then you have ANET. They’re professional devs so they will take a more disciplined approach to gvg design. A problem for them is that they tend to agree with the tpvp’ers in terms of how competitive “gvg” really is. They would say it’s a degenerate form of combat by their criteria. However, it’s something many in the community like. So how do they deliver on that while also keeping everyone happy and making it competitive?

After that, you have the wvw dvs like devon who have been dragged through the mud for doing their jobs.

I think everyone needs to look at it critically like that. Try to understand the other side’s perspective. We’re all smart people. How can smart people disagree? They have a different vantage point. Learn what that is before raging and burning bridges.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

The sheer amount of crying in this thread is too high.

• I troll better than him while dressed up as a Yak flying a kite. I was in this matchup and you all know it.
  • Evan is still hilarious
  • He doesnt violate simple WvW law. If its Red its Dead.
  • He was probably seeing if GvG’ers were worth the effort to make a gametype
  • Your response to him probably told him no
  • Your roleplay means nothing to him
  • Youre bad
  • Please L2P

Thanks for showing the worst side of the GvG community.
I hope you all get suspensions.
(Except for Docta Vis, everyone loves Docta Vis)

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Go tell that to NA t1. Pretty sure PPT is important to them.

Remove all the reward in WvW, and you won’t see them playing for PPT at all. Just saying.

WvW? Reward? Since begining WvW was huge gold sink and time waster, one had to PvE to gain money to WvW, pay guild taxes, spend hours in queues just to get in and then sit in tower clicking weapons so they dont despawn, carry supplies while getting nothing, spend hours fighting knowing if you log off, some important segment will likely be lost and you will not be replaced, wake up early to recapture points, always be on null since you spend all your money on upgrades and weapons etc.

Wxp, PvP gear, rewards, higher xp and loot all came much later

Once again proves what kind of scrubs are “GvG” players are. Hundreds and Thousands invested a lot of our time and soil in WvW and its insulting seeing people like you call yourself “WvW” ers now.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Draygo.9473

He tagged up AND made comments that the company may disagree with. He used his tag to pull rank on the players around him, to disrespect the players around him. His opinion alone was fine, the fact that he was an anet employee and could tag up when he wants was fine. The fact that he used the fact that he was an anet employee to back up his personal opinion is not fine if the company disagrees with the opinion.

As I said, you simply don’t go through your customer list at work and call them telling them they cannot use your product and or service because you personally disagree with how they are using it. personally being the key word here, because yes some companies have guidelines to how their products are to be used, for safety/environmental/etc reasons.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

This is exactly what WvW needed. Everyone has been so negative towards it lately, this should really turn things around and help repair the damaged relationship between WvW devs and their playerbase.

oh wait lol!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Quick question.
What happened to GW1’s PvP Developer Team?
Did they all quit?

in WvW

Tamaki Revolution.3548

And thats the best thing he could have done in this situation. He didnt need to tag up, he did not need to lower himself. All he needed to do was to be the bigger man and walk away. But he didnt, thats the problem.

Yeah, I understand that. Just not the call for his head/job on a platter :P Especially in WvW. This whole thing just seems to have been blown out of proportion. Okay, now I’m done. Don’t need any more…… you know.

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.5789

Rigel.5789

I think something has to change in the mindset of the developers if they want Guild Wars 2 to still be running a few years down the line. I haven’t been posting on the forums for a good while now, and I see assumptions being made that those of us that aren’t posting are agreeing with the developers. That is very untrue, I’ve personally pretty much given up trying after all the nonsense and ignoring I have seen over the past year. If you go back to Guild Wars 1 now, who is keeping that game alive? It is the hardcore players that are still playing. In Guild Wars 2, who do you think lead guilds, communities, server alliances and so on? It’s hardcore players, whether it is PvP players or PvE. These individuals do what they can to make the game an enjoyable experience for their guild members, the alliances makes WvW more enjoyable for the casuals. Events that are created help keep the game interesting. With the really casual direction this game has taken those players will be long gone down the line. There will be noone to keep the communities and guilds going. There will be noone creating the fun for the more casual players and there will be a domino effect.

I have seen so much ignorance and middle fingers from both lairs, but I think ArenaNet has to acknowledge what is going on. This is not good at all, the game’s developers and it’s playerbase shouldn’t be fighting each other. Yet it feels like ArenaNet at this point looks at a large chunk of it’s players as an enemy they have to get rid of. All this because we see things differently. After a year of frustration with the game’s direction, this is it. I can’t let it pass by anymore. I want the game to succeed, but at this point I am seriously worried. This thread is an excellent example of what has been going on in the shadows for a long, long time. If nothing is done, who knows where the game may end up.

Narai [VoTF] | Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

Disclaimer: none of this is opinion, it’s facts based on what I’m reading. It’s a summary. Enjoy

There’s several factions here besides yours. First, There’s people who care about PPT. On NA t1, gvg does indeed eat up valuable queues. That upsets the hardcore wvw’ers.

Then you got the people who think train v train isn’t actually an organized esport. They believe it involves less skill than tpvp. Many pvp players fall into the category. I am one of them. I tend to question if we really want gvg in the current format. I tend to think more critically about things. For me, I call it train v train because it does not represent any kind of gvg that I enjoy.

Then you have ANET. They’re professional devs so they will take a more disciplined approach to gvg design. A problem for them is that they tend to agree with the tpvp’ers in terms of how competitive “gvg” really is. They would say it’s a degenerate form of combat by their criteria. However, it’s something many in the community like. So how do they deliver on that while also keeping everyone happy and making it competitive?

After that, you have the wvw dvs like devon who have been dragged through the mud for doing their jobs.

I think everyone needs to look at it critically like that. Try to understand the other side’s perspective. We’re all smart people. How can smart people disagree? They have a different vantage point. Learn what that is before raging and burning bridges.

Ill say it again, from SoR perspective we do not care about the PPT, our server commanders have told us ALL to not care about the ppt, just win our fights, adapt and learn. It leads to a healthier community. I dont know what the situation is like on BG or JQ, but dont group us with them.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

This is exactly what WvW needed. Everyone has been so negative towards it lately, this should really turn things around and help repair the damaged relationship between WvW devs and their playerbase.

oh wait lol!!!!

They are making it crappier every patch anyway so why care now. (except the new BL maps + culling remove, everything else was completely crappy and unnecessary… Bloodlust, ranks, masteries, etc. etc. IMO ofc)

The gamemode gets dumbed down so hard for the casuals its riddicolous.

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

The two guilds decide they enjoyed the fight and would really like to just test their metal against each other. They go way the hell out of the way and fight it out for a while.

To this situation you respond “OMFG THEY’RE NOT CONTRIBUTING TO WVW” and kitten like that? Who the hell elected you time keeper? Should these people punch a time card when they log in that you’ll check at the end of every day too? Why aren’t you kittening about ppl akitteng, or uplevels kitten ing themselves into SM, or the mass of people running past 3 superior ACs in a lords room that have 4 mins left on timer? Or why aren’t you getting anal about some other aspect of “not contributing” that takes place EVERYWHERE!?

Just to clarify: I TOTALLY support GvG. It highlights your weaknesses, makes the individuals better, which makes the guilds better, which makes servers better, which means we all benefit. Better teamwork, better cooperation, better fights, more fun. Let em GvG… they are completely out of the way, not hurting anyone, and taking a boring tues/wed/thurs night and making it fun.

And yes, I also fight non-stop for PPT. You are welcome for the server match-ups you get because of me and everyone else who fights for PPT.

WvW Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfington.5406

Wolfington.5406

Yeah and if you’re standing AFK at spawn get out, and if you’re mining nodes for your daily get out,
If you stop to fight a duel then get out, if you’re not running the optimal route between supply camp and tower then get out, if you’re using a crafting station stop wasting time and get out, if you’re running off to get a skill point get out, stopping to pick up loot bags, get out. Why are you up by that vantage point? Get out.

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I don’t think you speak for all of SoR, being the large and diverse server it is. Many wvw’ers are speaking out in this thread. Those are the players I’m talking about. I won’t make this personal and I’m sorry if anything I say comes off as offensive to you.

Wvw is a pve zone, I don’t think people care about players running alts to POIs or whatever. I think it’s probably wvw’ers who either don’t like gvg for whatever reason or couldn’t get in the map when they hear people discussing orange swords @ south whih invariably means gvg. People literally see that. They don’t see one person eating a queue slot with an alt.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Let’s do this way: let’s have Anet ban all the players from guilds that ever had GvG’s from WvW for 2-4 weeks, so only the “real PP- cough – WvWers can play WvW not those GvG spoiled brats”.

Then come back and tell us how’s going without 80% of the commanders and decently skilled group fighting.

This is ironic, since you are no a server that i, personally, organized, likely using our teamspeak and site i made and transferred here because of community and success we built. Seafarer`s Rest was build for one reason – WvW, its in community hands now – good hands. But i still hold to illusion of community that actually like WvW and that their reason for being there and not because they coudnt do GvG elsewhere.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Draygo.9473

You cant stay out Tamaki :P. He can be let go for this, but I wouldn’t expect a response from anet as a company until they have time to talk about it on Monday with the appropriate people. They might just reprimand and move on, they might take more drastic action because they don’t trust the individual to cool it in the future. Ive seen this go both ways in development houses in the past.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

To be honest this is disgusting that an employee would go to such an effort to attempt to ruin what is obviously a GvG.
Whether or not GvG belongs in WvW is irrelevant, this is blatant aggression towards a certain part of the Guild Wars 2 community and should not be tolerated.

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

No matter who did what this is bad PR for ANet.

Being on SBI I remember seeing this dev a while ago tagged on our BL and our own WvWers were giving him hell for the announced Bloodlust and leagues. His attitude was generally correct, amidst some intense synchronized map chat trolling. And they did change the league system (not saying it was because of him, but because of player feedback).

The guy did something that might be questionable. Yet now the whole GvG player base is taking the opportunity to vent yearlong frustrations, bash ANet and call for blood. Than there’s the antiGvG groups chiming in. It’s a mess.

Can you guys please stop this till monday ? It’s not the end of the world. I’m sorry for Star who got infracted in the process and for SBI for getting bad rep. This is what really matters (for me at least).

in WvW

Kimhyuna.1035

I don’t think you speak for all of SoR, being the large and diverse server it is.

Which then works for every server as there will be people that play for PPT and people that just want the fights. You are collectively grouping the T1 servers and using something (probebly coverage) as a basis for ‘they care about ppt’. Once you stop playing for ppt you have more fun, Im sure many people have concluded that too.

And no I dont speak for SoR, but at least Im on the TS and actively listening to the server leaders speak?

Minion

in WvW

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I totally can stay out. All the guy has to do is wait it out until the 18th. I’m sure this thread will be buried (if not by then, it will be on that day lol).

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

The game mode was made for open siege war and not remote GvG, if the dev wants to stand there he has the right to stand there, he did nothing wrong… He said, start the fight go go.

You guys knew it was open world warfare with siege when you bought the game, when you buy a new couch in the store and you are going to sleep on it but its not sleeping very comfortable you are not going back to the store and complain about that right? lol

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.