Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I never said I expected non-interference while I GvG, I however appreciate the common decency the majority seems to show, in game, by not doing so.

And all I expect is the same from gvg’ers, by taking simple measures to minimize/eliminate the impact their gametype can have on the gametype it exists within.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: The Hammer.5960

The Hammer.5960

He’s not on the wvw team yes, but he’s a lead in an uberly important part of the game’s development and even more implementation.

Is this information buried somewhere in the previous 20+ pages of this thread? There is only one dev response, and it makes no reference to this person’s actual position at Anet.

Were you not just stating that Anet should release this person’s name? You seem to be claiming that you already know who it was.

MrStealth, your arguments make no sense, they just go in circles. Because of this, you’re now just being trolled.

Just a heads up bro, you’re making yourself look like a bit of an idiot.

As far as the ‘incident’ goes, everyone who has ever taken any form of pvp seriously knows that tensions are high and tempers get raised all too quickly. Just look at our forums.

I’ve been in situations like this when someone is ‘in the way’ during a GvG… usually they get a polite ‘could you move please, it’s a gvg, spectators go on the hill’. It’s not uncommon for someone to become rude when this is ignored though. Sad that it happens but that’s human nature. Especially when you’re all tense before a GvG (yes, in a GvG you experience genuine tension and adrenaline! :o ).

It’s natural for someone to react to someone being rude. However, a word for all the people defending this Dev(-on Carter) <trololol>…

I’m sure I’m not the only one with experience in working in the games industry here. If you, as a player, think that an employee can act like that towards a games community and get away with it, you’re very wrong. Professionals just cannot act like that. Hence the Dev post in this thread.

The hordes of sycophants that rush to the defence of anything a Dev says are not unique to this game – you get them everywhere – but you don’t do the games in question any favours.

[CoN] Atom
- aka The Iron Baby

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

All of the arguments against GvG’s are pointless and have no ground to actually stand on, just saying.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Just a heads up bro, you’re making yourself look like a bit of an idiot.

I’m not sure at what point asking the where he got his detailed info became me being an idiot.

If that’s me being trolled, then he did a pretty bad job of trolling me.

I’m sure I’m not the only one with experience in working in the games industry here. If you, as a player, think that an employee can act like that towards a games community and get away with it, you’re very wrong. Professionals just cannot act like that. Hence the Dev post in this thread.

The hordes of sycophants that rush to the defence of anything a Dev says are not unique to this game – you get them everywhere – but you don’t do the games in question any favours.

I definitely don’t think his actions should go unpunished. When displaying that tag, he is a representative of Anet and should act accordingly. He is entitled to his opinions and should be free to express them, within the rules of the game, but he has no right to act as a representative of his employer while doing so.

What he did was rude and inconsiderate, but not really wrong. The fact that he did it while displaying his Anet logo was wrong.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in WvW

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I’m not going to lie, I’m very surprised it came from him (the anet dev). I’ve had nothing but great interactions with him since I’ve been playing this game (and for all asking, he’s definitely not a tester, he is an actual dev). I’m hoping what happened is that he was there just watching in the middle and the leader (that Star Instigator) called him an F Rtard, I’m pretty sure that probably caused his reaction. What if that was a normal, non-WvW player trying it out, not understanding your GvG, then you start whispering someone calling them an effing kitten .

I don’t think what he did was right, because you must remain professional at all times, but I also hope you get something for your language and insult.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I’m not going to lie, I’m very surprised it came from him (the anet dev). I’ve had nothing but great interactions with him since I’ve been playing this game (and for all asking, he’s definitely not a tester, he is an actual dev). I’m hoping what happened is that he was there just watching in the middle and the leader (that Star Instigator) called him an F Rtard, I’m pretty sure that probably caused his reaction. What if that was a normal, non-WvW player trying it out, not understanding your GvG, then you start whispering someone calling them an effing kitten .

I don’t think what he did was right, because you must remain professional at all times, but I also hope you get something for your language and insult.

I totally agree with you.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Infact, all of those GvG’s who insulted and humiliated that Arena.net staff should be forever banned.

There must be examples set for others to know and remember that insulting, mocking, belittling and disresepecting any ingame Arena.net staffs, must not be tollerated at any given time.

As the saying goes, “the way you treat others, so shall you be treated in return”

“show no Remorse, so shall you be treated without Remorse in return”

Embrace yourselves to be Repayed and Disciplined.

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: The Hammer.5960

The Hammer.5960

Have you really never been flamed in a game before? If someone can’t keep their cool during a bit of flaming then what are they doing working in the games industry?

Heads up folks, gamers do actually talk like that to each other. You’d have to be incredibly casual or inexperienced to not have been there before.

Furthermore, the guy bloody works for Anet. Watch the video. He knew what they were doing. He was there to get a rise out of them and then wave his tag around like a big man. He confirms it with the ’you’re violating my game mode’ comment. Everyone who has a shred of sense can see that he (the dev) was the instigator, not the other way around.

[CoN] Atom
- aka The Iron Baby

(edited by The Hammer.5960)

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

You might be right. His comment about “violating his game mode” shows that he was aware of what was going on around him, but that was after the gvg leader had insulted him. It’s no excuse for putting up the Anet tag to continue, but I don’t think it would have escalated to that point without the verbal assault.

Both sides of this were wrong in their own way, and both deserve reprimand of some sort.

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Infact, all of those GvG’s who insulted and humiliated that Arena.net staff should be forever banned.

There must be examples set for others to know and remember that insulting, mocking, belittling and disresepecting any ingame Arena.net staffs, must not be tollerated at any given time.

As the saying goes, “the way you treat others, so shall you be treated in return”

Totally agree with you, foul language needs consequences, but in this case it would also end bad for the dev if ANet doesn’t want to be known as treating same things differently, so I guess ANet rather says nothing and DOES nothing then prosecute players and let one of their dev in lead get a way. Again, it’s not a random on their company, he is in charge of a whole “aspect” of creating a game.

[RG]

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Have you really never been flamed in a game before? If someone can’t keep their cool during a bit of flaming then what are they doing working in the games industry?

Heads up folks, gamers do actually talk like that to each other. You’d have to be incredibly casual or inexperienced to not have been there before.

Furthermore, the guy bloody works for Anet. He knew what they were doing. He was there to get a rise out of them and then wave his tag around like a big man. He confirms it with the ’you’re violating my game mode’ comment. Everyone who has a shred of sense can see that he (the dev) was the instigator, not the other way around.

“Instigator”?

Did he insulted, belittled, humiliated, direspected anyone?

*While he remained silent and standing his ground, the wave of Insults, mocking, humiation and disreoectfulness were casted on him by the GvG’s.

He stood his ground without “bashing” anyone..

Yet after the staf moved aside, it was the GvG’s who were ‘bashing’ him, not him.

Count how many words he said in compare to the GvG’s words and see who is the Instigator?

They are!

All the evidence are in the video, where are you getting your evidence "proof’?

Or is being indenial or ‘lying’ is your proof?

in WvW

Posted by: Gadian.4792

Gadian.4792

Personally I appreciate that ANet offered an apology and admitted that the conduct of this dev in question was not okay. I also get that in such cases damage control takes over and the company propably denied this dev opportunity to offer personal apology so that no further mistakes could be made. However it doesn’t sit well with me that op was infracted on bringing this topic to our attention and it appears that heavy moderation has been applied in this discussion. Offensive language etc. is one thing and discussion can get heated, but this is still relevant discussion that should not be shut down simply because it’s embarrassing for the company. The way you deal with the embarrassing stuff is the way you gain our respect.

For myself, I see the GvG matches as gentlemanny and friendly sparring to improve your tactic, skills and pulling it together as a group. The rush of exhilaration and sense of accomplishment as a team just isn’t the same in conventional WvWvW gameplay. It is really a shame that this form of gameplay is not fully endorsed and it’s seen as encuberance on the borderlands. Really hope that ANet will take enabling this game mode into serious concideration and some day this issue will be resolved.

Gadi ~ the pink norn of Desolation
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA]

in WvW

Empyre.2531

Burnfall, you want to say in all sincerity that a lead dev doesn’t know what is going a the windmill on borderlands? You in all sincerity think he doesn’t know that the gvg community is very picky about harassement. To me it seems he was trying to provoce the players and then show off with his tag.
To say at last, it failed and shows his true character and leaves a very foul aftertaste on the company who pays his bills.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Infact, all of those GvG’s who insulted and humiliated that Arena.net staff should be forever banned..

The Anet Dev was clearly 100% trolling there is no possible way he did not exactly know what was going on from the start. Pretending to be ignorant of the windmill location and two sides clearly doing a GvG deathmatch… right not buying it.

Every single instance of a person messing with a GvG I have been involved in was a troll just trying to ruin other peoples fun, excluding one time an upleveled jumped in….

Those people treated a troll like a troll, anet or not he was trolling. He knows he was trolling everyone in anet knows he was trolling.

the end.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

I’d say the dev kept his cool, aside from the terrible decision to display that tag. That’s bad enough on it’s own, but he didn’t say anything inappropriate or insulting.

The gvg leader, however, did not. He pretty much immediately resorted to foul language and insults when things didn’t go his way. The dev was an instigator, but that leader sure did feed the troll.

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Infact, all of those GvG’s who insulted and humiliated that Arena.net staff should be forever banned..

The Anet Dev was clearly 100% trolling there is no possible way he did not exactly know what was going on from the start. Pretending to be ignorant of the windmill location and two sides clearly doing a GvG deathmatch… right not buying it.

Every single instance of a person messing with a GvG I have been involved in was a troll just trying to ruin other peoples fun, excluding one time an upleveled jumped in….

Those people treated a troll like a troll, anet or not he was trolling. He knows he was trolling everyone in anet knows he was trolling.

the end.

Xom, i agree what the staff did was poor judgement and demonstrated poor character.

Yet after all, did the staff still deserve these harsh treatments?

He moved thenafter; he didn’t stay there till the end.

My issue is how the the GvG’s community responded by treating the staff with Hate.

So much Hate, this thread pages has gone forever.

This is what Hate does, it spreads Flame everywhere, like Wildfire.

Very sad.

I strongly believe that the staff felt Ashamed of his wrongdoings and had another Arena.net staff type his Letter of Apology.

That is what Shame does, it hides in Remorse.

Where is his Justice?

in WvW

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

This thread needs to be closed period

in WvW

Tricare.2946

Guys guys guy…. did you see the anet employee back pedaling?!

lol no wonder he hates gvg’s

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

Seeing many of you here are GvG, you might not like what I have to say. I still feel I should say it from my own opinion. I would support and official GvG arena, but I don’t like GvG.

The reason being is that you all take up valuable WvW space for those who want to WvW. In that way, your not thinking of your fellow players. Whether or not Anet supports it or hates it, I would rather see valuable space going to even a random person who wants to WvW. If they can’t get in a map, you interfere with their fun. One should not be selfish.

GvG might contribute some, but not much to WvW. I do wish for some official support for those who enjoy it, but I don’t see the value of it when my rear is out there fighting the good fight and others really are not. See it from other players view. Not just yours or even Anet’s.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Tricare.2946

Seeing many of you here are GvG, you might not like what I have to say. I still feel I should say it from my own opinion. I would support and official GvG arena, but I don’t like GvG.

The reason being is that you all take up valuable WvW space for those who want to WvW. In that way, your not thinking of your fellow players. Whether or not Anet supports it or hates it, I would rather see valuable space going to even a random person who wants to WvW. If they can’t get in a map, you interfere with their fun. One should not be selfish.

GvG might contribute some, but not much to WvW. I do wish for some official support for those who enjoy it, but I don’t see the value of it when my rear is out there fighting the good fight and others really are not. See it from other players view. Not just yours or even Anet’s.

Lol JQ complaining about queues. You’re on a stacked server, your fault.

Again, people that are GvG’ing are not taking any one else’s spot, they got in WvW and are playing the way they want to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

I am also a fan of equal treating – the Dev should have stepped aside and flamed them back if he likes it. Asking for lifetime bans because of some “rude” words is just batkitten crazy though like the Justin Carter case – google him. The dev really had no reason to even stand there if not just to troll / disturb the GvGers and was very well knowing he was interfereing so he started it in the first place anyways and just got back a not very polite reaction – surprise.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in WvW

Empyre.2531

You are selfish for wanting the spaces for what you think is fun.

Think of your fellow gvg’er and stay out of the gvg zone, much appreciated.

Keep in mind when your side does gvg, they will take out a part of your enemies’ force as well, most likely the largest threat that could be in the zone to face you. If you play for PPT, then you should be happy that you are left with a) lesser ppl to fight (think lag!) b) a harsh contender for your PPT less to face.

[RG]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Again, people that are GvG’ing are not taking any one else’s spot, they got in WvW and are playing the way they want to play.

I’m still amazed at how many don’t see any problem with this logic. It’s wvw, and it should be completely clear that it’s for wvw. Although I do think that Anet needs to clean up the inappropriate mess of exploration points and jump puzzles being in it.

From a gameplay perspective, a gvg player is comparable to someone that joins an spvp match to do nothing but run around the map, or maybe practice dodge-jumping to reach certain spots. Or that guy in [any FPS game] that steals the helicopter/jet/tank/etc just to take a non-combat joyride around the map. None of these people directly hurt their respective teams, but they are indirectly harming them by counting against the player limit.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

the end.

Xom, i agree what the staff did was poor judgement and demonstrated poor character.

My issue is how the the GvG’s community responded by treating the staff with Hate.

Very sad.

I strongly believe that the staff felt Ashamed of his wrongdoings and had another Arena.net staff type his Letter of Apology.

Where is his Justice?

The GvG community has been slapped around and trolled far too often. They have been ignored for a long time in dev livestreams etc. They mainly just continued to play their GvG’s off to the side at off hours despite the obstacles that have been put in their way (bloodlust anyone?).

The person was obviously trolling from the start. He didn’t attack the bystanders, but chose to interfere with the GvG instead. He then went to the guild to gloat and interfere further. Then the guild got upset. While the words they chose were not the best, I completely understand them being angry.

The fact that he popped his employee tag while doing this sort of blatant interference is what made this such a huge deal. He was basically saying I’m a troll and a-net supports my actions.

I appreciate Chris’s post. He did a very good job with it and I’m glad these actions were not condoned.

However, this will leave yet another bitter taste in the mouth for many in the GvG community who have been chowing down on bitter pills for a long time now.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

You want to start a mass leave movement banning entire guilds is the way to do it; is that your goal?

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

I was just taking another look at the video, and paid attention to the number of spectators. Just counting the ones from SBI, there are over 30. The gvg team had 15. That’s about half of the map’s player limit for the team being taken up, with 30+ just sitting around watching.

I’m definitely impressed with the amount of player interest this creates, and do respect what the gvg community has created. But it’s absurd to me that so many are willing to defend this as having no negative impact, when I’m seeing half of a map’s limit being filled up by it.

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

You want to start a mass leave movement banning entire guilds is the way to do it; is that your goal?

I never mentioned banning entire guilds

For I don’t believe in Punishing the masses for the wrongdoings of few individuals

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Very sad.

Where is his Justice?

Your anet buddy was clearly trolling them, He knew what was going on, and decided to act like a kitten .
If you watch the video he actually states that “You`re violating MY game mode”. This leads me to belive that he actually IS on the wvw team contrary to the bs we`re being fed by the anet dude that posted in this thread. He is probably the same person that has one of the new areas in wvw named after him.
Judging by how anet treated the gvg community, i find the way most wvw players feel towards them justified.
In the end it doesnt matter if its their game or not, people should still be able to have freedom of speech and should be free to express their own opinions without any kitten mod infracting them or some kitten dev acting like he owns everyone.
From the start of the betas (and even in the alpha from what i hear) they only catered to players like you who kissed their backsides, and have been very rigid and stubborn when it came to changing things.
Honestly i don`t think they care if guilds leave wvw, as long as they keep their pve gemstore cashcow its all good for them.
Infract and delete away, censorship ftw, aye ?

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in WvW

Xom.9264

There is a deeper issue then one rogue Anet troll.

The issue is more about a clear picture of contempt for the players feedback some Anet devs seem to have.

Bloodlust buff was foolish to push forward it was the end of GvGs growth and also unbalanced matchups even more. Everyone was against it, what was its goal other then to kill GvGs?

Anet fellow trolling that GvG is all the proof folks needed that the bloodlust buff was to kill GvGs, true or not thats the perception.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

He’s not on the wvw team yes, but he’s a lead in an uberly important part of the game’s development and even more implementation.

Is this information buried somewhere in the previous 20+ pages of this thread? There is only one dev response, and it makes no reference to this person’s actual position at Anet.

Were you not just stating that Anet should release this person’s name? You seem to be claiming that you already know who it was.

Well he has 12.8k cheevo points so he’s PROBABLY not a wvw player.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

I was just taking another look at the video, and paid attention to the number of spectators. Just counting the ones from SBI, there are over 30. The gvg team had 15. That’s about half of the map’s player limit for the team being taken up, with 30+ just sitting around watching.

I’m definitely impressed with the amount of player interest this creates, and do respect what the gvg community has created. But it’s absurd to me that so many are willing to defend this as having no negative impact, when I’m seeing half of a map’s limit being filled up by it.

Ok, now take the time to look at the rest of the picture.

What’s the ppt?

What are the scores at?

What day of the week is it?

All of your arguments, yet again, have no ground to stand on.

(edited by Tricare.2946)

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I find it a bit hypocritical that certain people are calling out “GvG’ers” for being elitists and childish, yet they go ahead themselves and try to dictate how other’s are mean’t to be playing the game, and how they are supposed to be having fun.

Perfect example: “If you don’t contribute directly towards the ppt your worthless and should be doing spvp, instead of taking up valuable spaces!”

As far as I’m aware of this is actually a game and not a bloody job, so how about you lot try to realize that there’s different kind of people out there, that enjoys different things. Just because you don’t find enjoyment in it doesn’t make it forbidden or wrong (as long it’s not against any rules).

It’s not a single player game. IF you are taking up spaces, you are putting your fun over others. That score helps the whole world.
People waiting in queue to actually play WvW could be getting score that would give everyone bonuses instead.

End everyone would enjoy those little extras.

When you put your fun over other’s that’s being selfish.

This is exactly the kind of elitism I was talking about. You basically expect others to threat WvW as a job, instead of them enjoying themselves within the rules of the game. Just because your vision of WvW is to play by the ppt score doesn’t necessarily mean I have to follow that vision, as I find much more enjoyment in other aspects of this game-mode.

Now, if I enjoy open-field fights, who are you to tell me that I’m not worthy of taking up a space in WvW to do exactly that? I’ve paid for the game just as much as the next person.

This is not about elitism.

It’s about your action impacting others’ gameplay.

This is like when people hijacked random aremas to do 1vs1, or when people harassed others for completing events that produced champions they were farming, o when people grabbed the keg in Keg Brawl and ran outside the field to get their achievements.

When you use up WvW slots to not do WvW stuff (WvW stuff including things like grabbing vistas and points as they don’t take much time or are in places you have to capture to get), you impact others’ gameplay.

There could be people waiting to enter a puzzle, or do some dailies, or get some score of their world, or some WvW guild raid. So the less people using up slots, the easier it’ll be for them to join.

When what you do starts impacting other players in any way, then whoever is not following the official rulesets has to yield.

There’s simply no other way around that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

Very sad.

Where is his Justice?

Your anet buddy was clearly trolling them, He knew what was going on, and decided to act like a kitten .
If you watch the video he actually states that “You`re violating MY game mode”. This leads me to belive that he actually IS on the wvw team contrary to the bs we`re being fed by the anet dude that posted in this thread. He is probably the same person that has one of the new areas in wvw named after him.
Judging by how anet treated the gvg community, i find the way most wvw players feel towards them justified.
In the end it doesnt matter if its their game or not, people should still be able to have freedom of speech and should be free to express their own opinions without any kitten mod infracting them or some kitten dev acting like he owns everyone.
From the start of the betas (and even in the alpha from what i hear) they only catered to players like you who kissed their backsides, and have been very rigid and stubborn when it came to changing things.
Honestly i don`t think they care if guilds leave wvw, as long as they keep their pve gemstore cashcow its all good for them.
Infract and delete away, censorship ftw, aye ?

First of all, he aint my ’buddy", he is a human being just like you and me with feelings.

Second of all, he had already issued a letter of Apology, why keep the Hate flaiming?

Third of all, who cares if he flashed his Arena.net id, so what!
If he want to show-of, let him be

Fourth of all, how am i “kissing their backside” when you GvG’s Fail to Demonstrate your Desire to be Recognized?

Clearly to me and to many non-GvG’s, by your examples of Hateful response and behaviors toward the Poor Action Arena.net staff, you clearly Exhibit, GvG is a very Dangerous and Hateful ground to be in.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

LOL so people can do jump puzzles, get vistas, kill the grub or tree, but we can’t do GvG ?

talk about double standards here.

in WvW

Kaleygh.1524

you GvG’s Fail to Demonstrate your Desire to be Recognized?

You`re either a troll then or you have no idea what the gvg scene tried to do in the past and how we got treated.
I understand that maybe you`re a anet fanboy, but dont talk about things you have no idea of.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in WvW

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

You can’t do GvG in GW2,you need to go play GW1 to do GvG.

But you can’t really do GvG in GW1 because 8 man team isn’t really guild. Let’s just call it TvT. You can do GvG in some f2p games.

Sad part is,you can do GvG in EQ1 and that came out in 1998.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

the end.

Everyone agreed to the games TOS/EULA even the Dev in question that took part in this GvG trolling. Calling out insults clearly seen in the video isn’t okay either regardless of the situation and people should be held accountable for breaking the rules like everyone else is.

In short two wrongs don’t make one right

The End..

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Ok, now take the time to look at the rest of the picture.

What’s the ppt?

What are the scores at?

What day of the week is it?

All of your arguments, yet again, have no ground to stand on.

The PPT, scores, and time are only relevant to that single gvg match. What about all the matches that happen at other times (even during peak hours), or that happen in a more balanced matchup. That particular gvg might not be causing any problem, but others do. I’ve seen it myself.

I think having myself or those I am playing with kept out of a map because of a gvg match is quite firm ground to stand on.

I’m not saying this always happens, or that gvgs are always causing problems. But trying to act like these things don’t happen is ridiculous, because it does happen.

in WvW

Burnfall.9573

You`re either a troll then or you have no idea what the gvg scene tried to do in the past and how we got treated.
I understand that maybe you`re a anet fanboy, but dont talk about things you have no idea of.

-I have done GvG before with vast guilds and i choose to not continue-.

“Arena.net fanboy”, take a look at my post history and see for yourself.

I don’t Hate GvG but after that harsh Hateful treatment to an outsider who was trolling, make me ask myself, do GvG use Hate to defend its Purpose?

Do GvG use Hate to stand its ground?

Do GvG use Hate to be Recognized and Respected by Arena.net and non-GvG players?

Do they??

in WvW

Kaleygh.1524

I don’t Hate GvG but after that harsh Hateful treatment to an outsider who was trolling, make me ask myself, does GvG use Hate to defend its Purpose?\

Does GvG use Hate to be Recognized and Respected by Arena.net and non-GvG players?

Does it??

Its not really “hate” but people are irritated at all the crap others throw their way just because they want to fight another guild. Those are guilds that do almost only wvw, yet they are being accused of not helping their server and being told what and what not to do.
Tbh most of the people throwing around accusations are just random zerglings angry that they cannot get into the karma train because of a que, and instead of blaming it on anet`s server limitations, they choose to bash the organized guilds.
Wouldnt you feel the same in their place ? Wouldnt you feel sick and tired when not only the pugs, but now the devs too come to troll your one hour of gvg (in most cases, the only hour you took off from wvw the whole week) ?

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

This is not about elitism.

It’s about your action impacting others’ gameplay.

This is like when people hijacked random aremas to do 1vs1, or when people harassed others for completing events that produced champions they were farming, o when people grabbed the keg in Keg Brawl and ran outside the field to get their achievements.

When you use up WvW slots to not do WvW stuff (WvW stuff including things like grabbing vistas and points as they don’t take much time or are in places you have to capture to get), you impact others’ gameplay.

There could be people waiting to enter a puzzle, or do some dailies, or get some score of their world, or some WvW guild raid. So the less people using up slots, the easier it’ll be for them to join.

When what you do starts impacting other players in any way, then whoever is not following the official rulesets has to yield.

There’s simply no other way around that.

Do you even see what your writing? It sounds very much like you want to dictate what other’s should be able to do and not. As long as it doesn’t suit you it obviously has to be forbidden and wrong. The fact that you justify doing exploration, jumping puzzles etc. just clarifies my point.

So this is very much like elitism, since your trying to force people out of WvW, and saying that their not wanted because they don’t cater to your vision of how WvW should be like.

Disgraceful.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t Hate GvG but after that harsh Hateful treatment to an outsider who was trolling, make me ask myself, doe GvG use Hate to defend its Purpose?

Do GvG use Hate to stand its ground?

Do GvG use Hate to be Recognized and Respected by Arena.net and non-GvG players?

Do they??

Their words were barely offensive and pretty much to be expected in a game played mostly by young males. Especially when they’re being griefed — by an Anet employee no less. If everyone who spoke like this were banned, you’d pretty much have no one to play with. Perhaps Hello Kitty Online would be a more appropriate place for you.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Do you even see what your writing? It sounds very much like you want to dictate what other’s should be able to do and not. As long as it doesn’t suit you it obviously has to be forbidden and wrong. The fact that you justify doing exploration, jumping puzzles etc. just clarifies my point.

So this is very much like elitism, since your trying to force people out of WvW, and saying that their not wanted because they don’t cater to your vision of how WvW should be like.

Disgraceful.

While I do not agree with the decision to include wvw objectives as exploration points for map completion, and even more so toward the inclusion of jumping puzzle in wvw, both of these have one distinct point over gvg. They were intentionally included in the design of wvw. Even though I don’t agree with it myself, it does grant it some validity.

The majority of vistas and PoIs are inside structures, so they aren’t really an issue. The out of the way skillpoints and jump puzzles are the items that don’t really fit in and can detract from wvw. Although the impact of map explorers is likely less than that of a gvg match filling half of the map player limit.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

See you will never have ground to stand on, because there are no balanced matches.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

See you will never have ground to stand on, because there are no balanced matches.

The score is not only factor in this. Even in an unbalanced matchup, there are points at which balance exists. Like when you and another team both have a full queue on a map. And that can be thrown back into unbalance if half of your players are occupied with a gvg.

And even if it is unbalanced, why does that matter? People being blocked from entering because of a gvg are still being blocked because of people not participating in wvw. I’d rather be in wvw in an unbalanced fight, than stuck in a queue waiting for some gvg match to finish.

Balanced matchups do happen, just not very often with the current mess the matchup system is in.

in WvW

Tricare.2946

The score is not only factor in this. Even in an unbalanced matchup, there are points at which balance exists. Like when you and another team both have a full queue on a map. And that can be thrown back into unbalance if half of your players are occupied with a gvg.

And even if it is unbalanced, why does that matter? People being blocked from entering because of a gvg are still being blocked because of people not participating in wvw. I’d rather be in wvw in an unbalanced fight, than stuck in a queue waiting for some gvg match to finish.

Balanced matchups do happen, just not very often with the current mess the matchup system is in.

Even if a map is queued, you zergs just dodge each other and take crap that’s undefended. That’s how this game is boring and works.

Again, who are you to dictate how I play in WvW? GvG is part of wvw as much as jumping puzzles are. deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Jesus Christ. Prior to watching this GvG video, I almost thought ( from what it sounded like ) that it might be a good deal to have as a form of competitive PvP officially. Wow, freaking Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry in GW1 would have been better candidate than this mess.

There is no way in Hell, that I’d ever want this introduced as such. Frankly, we need more Devs like this with the same opinion.

GW1 GvG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWvdyCk1Uo

Notice how it’s…balanced? No kittenty food buffs? No spamfests? People aren’t cluster kittened into a ball?

Yeah, no thanks on this form of GvG for 2.

Finally someone who realizes what the wvw players call gvg can’t be taken seriously. If anet actually did release gvg it wouldn’t be the zerg ball that all these entitled gvg players want

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

ITT: Everyone thinks they are correct.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Xom.9264

This thing would be 50 pages if not for all the deleted posts….. random deleting, some of the deleting is mind boggling.

Get a handle on both mods and devs Anet combative methods of dealing with ALL customer feedback you dont agree with is unwise.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Even if a map is queued, you zergs just dodge each other and take crap that’s undefended. That’s how this game is boring and works.

Who are you to assume how I play in wvw?

I don’t do wvw to zerg undefended keeps. My favorite things are taking well defended keeps and defending keeps from capable enemy force. This can involve single large forces, or multiple smaller forces spread around the map focused on different objectives. My preference is generally the latter.

The last time I ran into queue issues caused by a gvg match, we were trying to take a well defended Bay keep. A significant portion of our players were locked out of the map, and the defenders were able to easily outnumber what should have a been a full map queue.

That is my firm ground, which I will happily stand on.

Again, who are you to dictate how I play in WvW? GvG is part of wvw as much as jumping puzzles are. deal with it.

I do agree that jump puzzles offer nothing to wvw, and don’t really have a place in it, but they do have the advantage of being included in the design of wvw. gvg is a makeshift deathmatch created by players. The makeshift content created by players takes a back seat to the intended game mode that was implemented. Especially when that player-created game mode has the ability to interfere with the as-designed and intended gameplay.