US Leagues - 4 instead of 2! Please!

in WvW

Posted by: Wraistlin.6072

Wraistlin.6072

FA right now in my opinion is in the middle of no mans land. We’re either up against servers that dwarf us, or we are up against servers that we dwarf. I don’t remember the last time we had anything really close and exciting in my mind.

I would love to see some of the lower pop servers consolidated for this reason, or some of the top tier servers spreading out to lower pop ones.

Wow, man, you’re not joking!

I just checked millenium.org, and you have to go back to week 21 (17 weeks ago) for a non-extreme blow out match up involving FA.

Week 21 had FA/DB/TC. Where TC-rank4 won with 235K, 2nd place was FA-rank5 at 201K and DB-rank6 had 188K. Every contest from then til now looks like a 100K+ blow outs, except for week 24 which was around a 60K victory for DB.

17 weeks is a long time without a decent WvW match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Wraistlin.6072

Wraistlin.6072

Yes, yes it is……

And might I ask where you are able to find these numbers? I’d love to be able to see that myself.

Edited for stupidity: I see you have it right in your comment. (millenium.org) I have to read these things fast at work haha.

Speaking of; FA has some solid commanders if anyone is looking to transfer one way or the other. We welcome all…okay well I do, I can’t speak for the rest of FA.

(edited by Wraistlin.6072)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Mag,SoS,SBI,EB,CD,BP League 2

League 2 would be pretty horrible; SOS is the only server with an Oceanic population.

The league as it exists now is a thousand times worse. At least with SoS you’ll be able to cap some objectives to get the achievements and rewards they are adding for leagues.
As it currently stands, you’ll be lucky to hold North Camp on your own BL for more than 5 minutes if you end up in a match with JQ and BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

To head it off at the pass, there have not been drastically declining WvW numbers, or even marginally declining numbers. WvW continues to be as strong as it has been over the past several months.

I am guessing that the numbers you are looking at are totals across all servers. I am willing to believe that large numbers of players are leaving some servers in order to play WvW on other servers (indeed, half of the still-active WvWers in my own guild have done this), but I find it hard to believe that the majority of players who perceive fewer players on their own server (myself included) are imagining things.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Mag,SoS,SBI,EB,CD,BP League 2

League 2 would be pretty horrible; SOS is the only server with an Oceanic population.

The league as it exists now is a thousand times worse. At least with SoS you’ll be able to cap some objectives to get the achievements and rewards they are adding for leagues.
As it currently stands, you’ll be lucky to hold North Camp on your own BL for more than 5 minutes if you end up in a match with JQ and BG.

Yeah, the goal of 4 leagues is just to make this experience less horrible, not good. There’s no amount of tinkering which will make this ill conceived league idea a good thing.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in WvW

Chris.3290

If nothing else, this week should have made it clear in regards to what is wrong with the Gold League in NA.
#4 being blown out by over 100k by #1 and #3 by Wednesday. #5 and #6 losing by over 200k by Wednesday to #2.
#7 beating #11 by 100k; #8 beating #9 by 70k.

The only thing even close to a wildcard at this point is SBI vs Maguuma. If they don’t meet up this Friday then we won’t have any good data since the next time they meet it will probably involve a T1 or T2 server.

My server is in a lose-lose. If it’s two leagues, we get T1 stomped, if it’s 4 our Oceanics will have nothing to do but PvD for 2 months.

edit: bloody textile, who picked this crappy system?

(edited by Chris.3290)

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I would support 4 leagues simply because 2 leagues will IMHO, badly hurt T1 servers.

I doubt we will leave a 7 week ,2 league system with as many GW2 players as we began it.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I was sent the new leaked notes today. But i cant afford another 1 day ban. So All I can is “get ready”

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

I would support 4 leagues simply because 2 leagues will IMHO, badly hurt T1 servers.

That would actually be a pretty good reason to support 2 leagues tbh, except for the fact that it will hurt the lower tiers as well.

League system = nobody wins.

in WvW

Chris.3290

ok…we are waiting.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

…and waiting…

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

“maybe thursday” is only a maybe

google translate just wouldnt be adequate to solve their localization issues

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

translator messed up, he meant NEXT thursday

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I blame Cthulhu.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: nielscase.6258

nielscase.6258

It will be announced tomorrow right before they leave the office, so they can ignore the backlash for the weekend while it calms down. Mostly, of course, because it will be another senseless Anet decision.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

It will be announced tomorrow right before they leave the office, so they can ignore the backlash for the weekend while it calms down.

Anet’s startegy whenever giving big WvW news right there. Never be around to reply/read feedback. Go home have a beer and come in Monday to empty wvw.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

google translate just wouldnt be adequate to solve their localization issues

I have seen this sentiment a few times and speaking as someone who has worked as a translator, no Google translate is not adequate.

in WvW

Chris.3290

It will be announced tomorrow right before they leave the office, so they can ignore the backlash for the weekend while it calms down.

Anet’s startegy whenever giving big WvW news right there. Never be around to reply/read feedback. Go home have a beer and come in Monday to empty wvw.

Come in Monday and tell the angry populace that they will look into changing it once the data is collected.

You ever wonder if the boss’s son over there is a psych student who has drafted the WvW team into a messed up prolonged experiment in voluntary masochism in electronic entertainment, which he’s writing his thesis on?

in WvW

Chris.3290

I blame Cthulhu.

#BlameSlim2013

in WvW

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

You ever wonder if the boss’s son over there is a psych student who has drafted the WvW team into a messed up prolonged experiment in voluntary masochism in electronic entertainment, which he’s writing his thesis on?

In all seriousness, I’d love to read the end result.

[RAGE]

in WvW

Posted by: XselectX.9026

XselectX.9026

same thing Anet always says we are going forward with the plans they way they are and we will read what you say and not change anything you guys want changed.

in WvW

Chris.3290

but then why say they are making an announcement?

in WvW

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

My issue is that I cannot play to win, players seem to be overly aggressive on earning their karma, world xp. When i first played wvw, I used it as a means to level my charc to 80 now that I am 80 I want to contribute to my server in achieving victory or at least competing that includes playing the defense game. But when the score is an absolute blow out, there is no motivation but let the winning server cap what they want, then just take it back. I personally enjoyed defense, upgrading structures to hold what you spent resources to capture and maintain. Probably the greatest demotivation currently is how it could take an hour to upgrade keeps/towers only to find at one point that an enemy server took less than a minute to break down reinforced gates and now are inside lords room with 2x ur numbers before the system displays that the upgraded structure you wished to defend is contested:(

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

:(

maybe tomorrow…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Chris.3290

My issue is that I cannot play to win, players seem to be overly aggressive on earning their karma, world xp. When i first played wvw, I used it as a means to level my charc to 80 now that I am 80 I want to contribute to my server in achieving victory or at least competing that includes playing the defense game. But when the score is an absolute blow out, there is no motivation but let the winning server cap what they want, then just take it back. I personally enjoyed defense, upgrading structures to hold what you spent resources to capture and maintain. Probably the greatest demotivation currently is how it could take an hour to upgrade keeps/towers only to find at one point that an enemy server took less than a minute to break down reinforced gates and now are inside lords room with 2x ur numbers before the system displays that the upgraded structure you wished to defend is contested:(

Defense has to be more active than it used to be. Superior Arrow Carts placed in hard to reach places manned by people with multiple ranks in mastery. Cannons, also with ranked operators, and so on.
Scouts who are willing to watch an empty screen for long stretches.

It takes a lot to hold onto land all week, but it can be done.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

So is there any new information on how these leagues will operate? Is there anythign that doesn’t support server stacking, that gives say … and low pop server a shot in hell against a high pop server? Any news?

A birdie told me we should be getting the new info sometime between today and Saturday.

Does anyone know if or can point me to add’t info on the leagues (new info)

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Sorry you have to deal with so many negative nancies here Devon. Just so you know, there are ton of others who enjoy the majority of these changes and are actively playing WvW to even bother posting here on the forums. It also doesn’t help that any sort of positive feedback is met with unjustified vitrol.

Have you recently played in servers ranked lower than SoR? If your answer is no, then you (and the devs) really don’t know what is being discussed within guilds, guild websites, and in /m and /s.

There are people that care enough to come here and post their concerns (trolls aside), as Luvpie did, based upon what they see/hear from others that don’t bother with the official forums.

If you haven’t been out of T1 lately, perhaps the “air up there” is causing some delirium.

In T1 the discussion has been incredibly negative. Guilds already discussing what game will replace GW2. To parphrase

- we’ve given them a year and they have not fixed the bugs or issues reported in Beta
- they bring in content no one asked for
- they still don’t reward us at the same rate as pve players
- I can’t understand why they waste so much time and effort on Living Story when WvW could be turned into DAOC which would keep players long term
- they seem to just do what ever they want, they don’t listen to the players
- they need to be more like CCP who both listen to the players and play the game… its clear they don’t WvW at a high level
- our NPC’s could beat these other servers
- the Leagues are way too late, they would have worked a year ago
-not going to be many people left after the 7 weeks

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Defense has to be more active than it used to be. Superior Arrow Carts placed in hard to reach places manned by people with multiple ranks in mastery. Cannons, also with ranked operators, and so on.
Scouts who are willing to watch an empty screen for long stretches.

It takes a lot to hold onto land all week, but it can be done.

And you just do that “for good feeling” because there is no reward from it.
Going to enemy borderland, build 10 golems, profit

in WvW

Posted by: grasshopper.8539

grasshopper.8539

Hey everyone. My server is already hanging on by a thread from the random matchup system and fighting tier 2-3 servers for the last 13 weeks. I swear we have had the worst luck with rolls. Most our core WvW community are so burred out. If Anet does 2 league tiers and we are forced to fight tier 1 it’s going to be the built in the head for us

Ehmry bay. now on SOS
Commander Goldiy of (ZoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

We will have an announcement about the NA leagues and seasons generally soon. But there are changes coming in.

Could we get an ETA on this announcement? So much suspense!

Probably Thursday, but I can’t be 100% sure as we need to get translations and editing done before it can go live.

Was there an announcement i missed, or still no word yet?

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

And how come EU seem to be more relaxed about all of this? Makes we want to shift SoS over to EU matchups.

The EU servers seem to be more relaxed about this because the Germans and French have their own language based forums and you’re probably not reading them.

Guilds here are moving. The Arborstone server is practically dead because most of their WvW guilds moved to Fort Ranik. It seems to me that a lot of the Dzag WvW guilds left too, but I don’t know where they went.

Also, there isn’t much point to moving to another server if you can’t speak that language and that’s just a fact of life for EU servers.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

And how come EU seem to be more relaxed about all of this? Makes we want to shift SoS over to EU matchups.

The EU servers seem to be more relaxed about this because the Germans and French have their own language based forums and you’re probably not reading them.

Guilds here are moving. The Arborstone server is practically dead because most of their WvW guilds moved to Fort Ranik. It seems to me that a lot of the Dzag WvW guilds left too, but I don’t know where they went.

Also, there isn’t much point to moving to another server if you can’t speak that language and that’s just a fact of life for EU servers.

Drakkar Lake died as well. It probably lost around half of it’s regular players and 80% of it’s regular commanders.

This is by no means a NA exclusive problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Really DL died? But you are giving us hard time this week. i know in previous matchups you were a bit stronger but half of regular players?

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I heard that DSV and BAN (?) left and LC were going to do it (or already did) as well. But yeah, leagues are effectively killing servers in lower 1/3 of ranking

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

DL didn’t die. Yes, some guilds left (and certain elements within these guilds think they were the only ones to carry our server and the only ones who knew, how things should be organized), but the rest is rallying the remaining troops and we are holding our ground.
DL has always been a server with a strong evening and weekend playerbase, due to Real Life issues (work, school, summer, etc.). We will reorganize, regroup and then fight back

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

We will have an announcement about the NA leagues and seasons generally soon. But there are changes coming in.

“We have finished analyzing all of the data we collected. Thanks to feedback from our valued player base, we have decided to double the orb bonuses for the first season. We are also condensing NA/EU into 1 league each, so get those transfers in now before it’s too late!”

Rarely does one actually Laugh out Loud when they say lol, but this one sure made me.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

in WvW

Chris.3290

Don’t laugh about the EU/NA merge, I’ve been thinking about it and I’m starting to believe that it may happen on some level (maybe a post-season between the top 3 of both zone?)
Think about it, they have been adamant about the 2 leagues about the beginning. They are adamant about the effects of bloodlust.

What could their big announcement be, that they need to have it translated perfectly before they can let the news out?

There are only three possibilities that come to mind:

1. Interleague play at some level. Whether it’s just the league winners or gold league winners or???

2. Changes to the bloodlust. Either a change in the amount of bonus stats, in the places needed to capture, or even a cooldown before it can change hands.

3. An announcement containing all the information on the leagues, including scoring, how matches are decided, rewards, etc. (most likely.)

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

After thinking about it for a while, I’m wholly NOT in favour of a 4-league system. Maguuma’s matchup would be absolute garbage. SoS, Maguuma, EBay, SBI, CD, and BP. CD, BP, and EBay have literally one (maybe two) decent guilds across all three servers. We’ve faced EBay for 3 weeks in a row now and I have never been more bored in WvW in my entire life. SoS has all of 3 people playing during NA times, and would win the entire league by virtue of a 695 PPT for ~8h while everyone is asleep. SBI, no idea; it’s been too long since we’ve faced them. If they have even one guild who plays during Oceanic/SEA, they’ll win against Maguuma handily, because coverage is king. All-in-all, sounds like a terrible set of weeks, enough to potentially make half of Maguuma quit.

I’d rather get my face smashed in by T1/T2 coverage but still have open-field fights that don’t require us to break down a tower or keep first.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

After thinking about it for a while, I’m wholly NOT in favour of a 4-league system. Maguuma’s matchup would be absolute garbage. SoS, Maguuma, EBay, SBI, CD, and BP. CD, BP, and EBay have literally one (maybe two) decent guilds across all three servers. We’ve faced EBay for 3 weeks in a row now and I have never been more bored in WvW in my entire life. SoS has all of 3 people playing during NA times, and would win the entire league by virtue of a 695 PPT for ~8h while everyone is asleep. SBI, no idea; it’s been too long since we’ve faced them. If they have even one guild who plays during Oceanic/SEA, they’ll win against Maguuma handily, because coverage is king. All-in-all, sounds like a terrible set of weeks, enough to potentially make half of Maguuma quit.

I’d rather get my face smashed in by T1/T2 coverage but still have open-field fights that don’t require us to break down a tower or keep first.

Only one? couple days ago on EBG we ran omegas from one tower to another watching ehmry sit inside, waypoint when the wall dropped, and regroup in the next tower. Wasn’t really a surprise when they then lost the gvg yesterday

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Only one? couple days ago on EBG we ran omegas from one tower to another watching ehmry sit inside, waypoint when the wall dropped, and regroup in the next tower. Wasn’t really a surprise when they then lost the gvg yesterday

Well, apparently almost half of GF’s members have stopped logging in to WvW as of last patch, so I guess it’s only at 1 now? DR from BP was fairly enthusiastic about open-field, if nothing else, so I give them a lot of credit for that, too. Most guilds would rather sit in towers/keeps behind “siege superiority” than actually fight.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kalorian.1935

Kalorian.1935

Don’t laugh about the EU/NA merge, I’ve been thinking about it and I’m starting to believe that it may happen on some level (maybe a post-season between the top 3 of both zone?)
Think about it, they have been adamant about the 2 leagues about the beginning. They are adamant about the effects of bloodlust.

What could their big announcement be, that they need to have it translated perfectly before they can let the news out?

1. Interleague play at some level. Whether it’s just the league winners or gold league winners or???

2. Changes to the bloodlust. Either a change in the amount of bonus stats, in the places needed to capture, or even a cooldown before it can change hands.

3. An announcement containing all the information on the leagues, including scoring, how matches are decided, rewards, etc. (most likely.)

Devon’s post specifically said changes to the NA leagues were in the works. I don’t think he would have called out NA specifically if what they are doing involves EU.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Hey DevonCarver, us bottom tiered server would like for you and your WvW decision buddies to join us over the next course of 7 weeks of WvW fun.

And I mean for you guys to actually participate. Not looking at stats and numbers from data collection. Join one server, a week and actively participate

Then actually get back to us with a written report on how fun it is

Sincerely

All bottom tiered servers that has kittenised by league

I will be on NSP throughout the duration of the season. And I will be getting the meta achievement.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Hey DevonCarver, us bottom tiered server would like for you and your WvW decision buddies to join us over the next course of 7 weeks of WvW fun.

And I mean for you guys to actually participate. Not looking at stats and numbers from data collection. Join one server, a week and actively participate

Sincerely

I will be on NSP throughout the duration of the season. And I will be getting the meta achievement.

Here’s to hoping that there are not any big rewards coming from the leagues. I like the achievement idea though.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Sincerely

I expect to see you on some XOXO/SPCA videos then =)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Sincerely

Any chance we’re getting that page about the league or the changes, or whatever it was you were talking about earlier in this thread, today?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

“Think about it, they have been adamant about the 2 leagues about the beginning. "
The post is about the nature and number of leagues in NA.

Other points here:
1) My understanding is that we literally can’t match NA and EU servers up. It is about the physical locations of the data centers and the speed at which data travels. So, until that changes, interleague is off the table.
2) We are making some changes to bloodlust in advance of the season. More specific details will be out in the near future, I’m not sure when exactly.

in WvW

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

Sincerely

I will be on NSP throughout the duration of the season. And I will be getting the meta achievement.[/quote]

Is this the announcement you were talking about? lol, just kidding. Ignore the vitriol from the posters: we are just a bit anxious to hear some good news

P.S. Come join ET instead. I recently left NSP…you will discover very quickly why players are leaving that server, and it has nothing to do with wvw coverage….

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

“Think about it, they have been adamant about the 2 leagues about the beginning. "
The post is about the nature and number of leagues in NA.

Other points here:
1) My understanding is that we literally can’t match NA and EU servers up. It is about the physical locations of the data centers and the speed at which data travels. So, until that changes, interleague is off the table.
2) We are making some changes to bloodlust in advance of the season. More specific details will be out in the near future, I’m not sure when exactly.

what ever you do to bloodlust please dont make it pointless, i like the fact that it actualy brings small groups out to fight and i would hate to see wvw go back to just a giant zerg fest of people trying to get as much wxp as possable as fast as possable

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Please please pleaseeee let the changes be good. A good change to the bloodlust would go SO far for all of us on the competitive side of WvW.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Sincerely

If you were on NSP this week you’d already understand the problems associated with this ridiculous league idea.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)