WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

i wonder how many tc and jq players have posted on this thread .

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

It could be a lead toward solving the issue.

Yes, this is what I meant. Sorry for not being more clear.

Much better. Carry on.

in WvW

Posted by: Midael Soul Saver.9027

Midael Soul Saver.9027

Thanks for all your hard work at ANET, keep it up and at the end of the day go home to your families or go get a beer, we can wait

in WvW

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Hope this wont delay the start of season 3. Don’t mind waiting days / weeks for the skin honestly.

in WvW

Posted by: Shizlam.4310

Shizlam.4310

Give it a rest. It will get fixed when it does. The griping in this thread is bad enough, but it’s pathetic when you think that seventy years ago today thousands of men were killed or wounded on the beaches of Normandy. There’s a lot in life much worse than not getting a video game reward. If you still can’t cope, find another game that has no software bugs.

Tottally offtopic, it’s like, imagine your microwave went to crap, now you cant heat anything, you’re frustrated and kitten, and then some guy comes and tells you to calm down it’s not like you’re being invaded by the kittens (aparently the bad germans is a bad word). Point is, there are much worst things in life, talking about them on the internet are not going to solve them, and you can’t compare a video game which the devs had time to fix, with a war, it’s just a childish and a poor excuse, with no relation whatsoever.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Place your bets!

Over/unders for fixing the issue by 6/8/2014

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I reckon it will be done by next Wednesday or never

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

My bet is either 10 or 11th.

in WvW

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

6/10/2014 at 10 am pst

in WvW

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

i had a bad dream at last night.
i dreamed about they delay this to season 3..
and i woke with a cold sweat.

in WvW

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Give it a rest. It will get fixed when it does. The griping in this thread is bad enough, but it’s pathetic when you think that seventy years ago today thousands of men were killed or wounded on the beaches of Normandy. There’s a lot in life much worse than not getting a video game reward. If you still can’t cope, find another game that has no software bugs.

you’re really pathetic for exploiting d-day to put yourself on pedestal. go back to reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

you’re really pathetic for exploiting d-day to put yourself on pedestal. go back to reddit.

+1

… and ANET is fail.

in WvW

DanyxEleven.9162

Tottally offtopic, it’s like, imagine your microwave went to crap, now you cant heat anything, you’re frustrated and kitten, and then some guy comes and tells you to calm down it’s not like you’re being invaded by the kittens (aparently the bad germans is a bad word). Point is, there are much worst things in life, talking about them on the internet are not going to solve them, and you can’t compare a video game which the devs had time to fix, with a war, it’s just a childish and a poor excuse, with no relation whatsoever.

Right, adding to this, imagine because your microwave went to kitten, you take it somewhere to get it fixed. Now, the repair guy (who is supposed to be a professional on fixing microwaves, in fact, he personally MADE your microwave) tells you he’s not entirely sure what the problem is, how to fix it, and/or how long it will take. He continues to fix other people’s microwaves, even microwaves that came in after yours (some of these microwaves he can make big money by fixing). He doesn’t take your calls when when we does call you back, it’s very vague and not convincing. On top of all this, you hear from several people that last year, when they had the same problem with the same microwave, he never fixed their microwave and didn’t even tell them why even though he promised to fix their microwave.

Now, obviously the microwave is, metaphorically, season rewards. We’re still not sure if our “microwave” will get fixed, but we’re really hoping it does, especially since we’ve been told the problem has been found and a possible fix is in progress. We will be entirely happy if/when we do get our “microwave” back, but until then we’re pretty upset that we don’t know if/when we will get our “microwave” back. Many of us don’t want to buy a new kitchen (game) just because the microwave (WvW rewards) is broke, but likewise, in this situation, the setup is all or nothing and tbh the oven (PvE) is entirely boring once the food is already cooked (lv80). So the “kitchen” really needs the “microwave.”

That analogy worked better than I hoped and got way bigger than I intended.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Right, adding to this, imagine because your microwave went to kitten, you take it somewhere to get it fixed. Now, the repair guy (who is supposed to be a professional on fixing microwaves, in fact, he personally MADE your microwave) tells you he’s not entirely sure what the problem is, how to fix it, and/or how long it will take. He continues to fix other people’s microwaves, even microwaves that came in after yours (some of these microwaves he can make big money by fixing). He doesn’t take your calls when when we does call you back, it’s very vague and not convincing. On top of all this, you hear from several people that last year, when they had the same problem with the same microwave, he never fixed their microwave and didn’t even tell them why even though he promised to fix their microwave.

Now, obviously the microwave is, metaphorically, season rewards. We’re still not sure if our “microwave” will get fixed, but we’re really hoping it does, especially since we’ve been told the problem has been found and a possible fix is in progress. We will be entirely happy if/when we do get our “microwave” back, but until then we’re pretty upset that we don’t know if/when we will get our “microwave” back. Many of us don’t want to buy a new kitchen (game) just because the microwave (WvW rewards) is broke, but likewise, in this situation, the setup is all or nothing and tbh the oven (PvE) is entirely boring once the food is already cooked (lv80). So the “kitchen” really needs the “microwave.”

That analogy worked better than I hoped and got way bigger than I intended.

You sir, are entirely too funny, ty for making me laugh.

On another note, the congratulatory message feels out of place for me considering there is a ongoing problem with the reward, I do hope we won’t have to wait for S3 to see or hear anything about this lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Geneticide.6987

Geneticide.6987

We have identified the issue and are working on a solution to distribute the proper tournament chests to all who should have earned them. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

Thank you.

Inb4 people who already got a chest get 2x chests and double the tickets and the whole kittenfest starts all over again.

in WvW

Posted by: manky wench.4012

manky wench.4012

well im still waiting for a response for why i didnt get awarded points for completing the achievements and the achievements being ticked off before i had even done them, that was weeks ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Keep in mind that the bug is rather non-game breaking even though it is a bit annoying, and as such, it might very well not be considered a priority one issue if something more urgent comes in.

While this might not be gamebreaking material in the traditional sense, it’s potentially gamebreaking for their playerbase. Anet (should) know that their WvW playerbase feels alienated, which is why a lot of us are so happy with Jessica, because while she can’t do everything, she talks to us. That’s about all Anet can hope to do for WvW right now. Without clear content updates and schedules, because we know they won’t be coming for WvW anytime soon, all they can offer is communication and assurances that they have not forgotten about us.

For the most part, people won’t care about the rewards. I have not received my chest, I do not much care for the weapon skins, it’s a non-issue for me. However, when mapchat is filled with people asking when the rewards will be available and why they didn’t get anything special on Tuesday, it effects me. It’s not the biggest issue, but Anet has not made it clear to its playerbase what is happening. The information is there if we look for it, but only barely.

To get back to the gamebreaking nature of this glitch/failure: this adds to a pile of other things which annoy the WvW community. Will it result in a farmable exploit which makes us rich? No. However, when we see the slow response to this type of content while compared to the (comparatively) incredibly fast response to the PvE glitches and bugs, the WvW community feels more alienated. It’s gamebreaking from a community management standpoint. Is there anything Anet can do about this? No, probably not. A solution will come, but the longer the solution takes, the more people will notice that their rewards aren’t coming and the big WvW content which people were promised to make the game fresh becomes more and more of a failure.

I see the big problem being the community management here. If Anet had always been upfront with the troubles they were having with glitches and bugs and ways to work around certain issues (even if their response was “This is not high enough on our list of important things that it will get an update in the near future”), we’d probably be taking this much better. Instead, we’re kind of used to Anet not giving too much discussion to the WvW forums. Jessica’s a great step forward, and she should in no way feel like this is directed at her, but we’ve grown used to very little/nothing from Anet, so when something is given to us, we’re hesitant. Mark is responding with as much information as he probably has, but we’re wary of accepting that because of our history (including some season 1 rewards still missing).

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Allie.9268

Allie.9268

Thanks for keeping us updated Mark, Jessica & team!

I think we’re all excited to get our delicious rewards from the tournament, but I’m sure you guys are busting your butts to figure the bug out so no worries.

Don’t stress about all the complaining. GW2 is a fantastic game and a lot of people take it for granted and don’t realize that humans are behind it.

Much love!

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

I think we’re all excited to get our delicious rewards from the tournament, but I’m sure you guys are busting your butts to figure the bug out so no worries.

Don’t stress about all the complaining. GW2 is a fantastic game and a lot of people take it for granted and don’t realize that humans are behind it.

Much love!

Please don’t act like they’re doing us favors. They’re just doing their jobs and all that they can, which honestly isn’t much because at the end of the day we still have nothing tangible in terms of actual new WvW content and rewards.

THE TRUTH

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Much love!

Agree. I mean a glowy weapon is important….who doesn’t like a glowy? Get the bug corrected and then release the fancy new skins…because if you release it early, and there are bugs, the complaining will be much much worse.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mereon.6917

Mereon.6917

Please guys fix this as fast as you can, this should come up on your priority list it affects a lot of people. Can you as well put some info from game about it because now i always keep checking both forums and all posts just to make sure that it hasn’t happened again…

in WvW

Posted by: Gasu.6254

Gasu.6254

Please, let there be Ascended Keeper’s trinkets before the rewards are made available. I’d like to spend my tournament tickets on those.

in WvW

Posted by: Akachi.1352

Akachi.1352

still no chest for me, any idea when this is likely to be fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: zeus.1759

zeus.1759

Our sincerely GM, since WvW had been over at 30, May, 2014, and today it is already over 8 days, everyone was complained how, why, when, what, to make a mess, and each of the problem would take time to research and thick it out their problem, therefore WE had keep our Tickets on hand already 8 DAYS for nothing. Shall we Clam the prizes first, cause it matter or not you don’t let us calm the prizes the problem still there. however please let us claim the prizes, and solve the problem at the time. then problem can be fix it one day. thank you

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Great, so no need to expect our rewards before next week, i dunno how you guys can do such bad work, rly you are disapointing, you found the “bug” 2 days ago but still nothing ? i’m really impressed by your wvw teams & your communication.

I don’t think this message will make them work any faster.

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

For some reason with spelling and grammar like that I find it hard to believe you are employed anywhere…

They’re a developer not an English teacher.

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Wow you guys are still getting outplayed lol. Have to be new to wvw, you’d know there is no wvw team

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

Yes, Free RP for EUW! Oh. Wrong game.
Same type of people moaning about something. It comes when it comes, be happy you got any kind of reward.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Why do a small minority of people keep defending repeated failure?

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

If something is announced to be due and done by a certain date, then it needs to be done, just imagine if every single business never met its own deadline. I mean if you cant do it by that time then don’t guarantee a date Anet! I personally don’t mind waiting but I just hope it won’t be a year before this is dealt with because from my understanding Season One Tournament still wasn’t completely fixed, I was on at that time but never participated. So anyways just keep us updated and get it fixed asap- I don’t care if everyone has the same skin because they all participated in hopes of getting rewards even if it is simply cosmetic.

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Might I suggest something to “re-energize” the rewards we will eventually get after clearly the player base is a bit deflated over the first execution?

What if (I believe this would be the easy way to handle) you simply make the prices of everything cheaper this one time only on the merchant. So a 400 ticket item would now be 300 tickets etc.

If people have to wait for a fix, let them wait knowing they are going to get substantially more value.

That should do it!

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

For some reason with spelling and grammar like that I find it hard to believe you are employed anywhere…

They’re a developer not an English teacher.

Why are you quoting me? I did never write that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: raoul.4218

raoul.4218

I find it difficult to understand the reasoning ppl are using in order to defend Anet and their inability to provide the product they promised.

For nine weeks they dangled a carrot in our faces and then once S2 was completed failed to deliver!

Maybe they should have devoted a little more time to ensuring the rewards system would work instead of locking threads as quickly as they did.

And for those of you dragging real life into this for comparison….people play MMO’s to get away from real life problems and the bullkitten associated with it. So plz stop comparing this screw up by Anet to real life situations and telling upset players to chill out b/c of what is actually happening in the real world.

As for my advice to the Anet team…..maybe u should hold off on S3 until the fallout from this mess and S1 is sorted out.

Freyja Ernouf
lvl 80 Ranger
JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Otiz.3219

Otiz.3219

Still waiting for reward as well. I completed all of the events and even received the title.
I’m on Jade Quarry.

Krushur

in WvW

Posted by: Zdain.2169

Zdain.2169

Looking forward to the season rewards when the bug is fixed, but I have an idea of a way to sweeten the reward to help pacify the grumpiness!

Custom Commander Icons!

Howabout since there are so many people acting like they had their candy taken away, everyone that got the meta gets the option to display a lollipop as their commander icon instead of the dorrito?

Even better, this could lead to great gemstore items! A train icon for trains, a bag icon for bag farming commanders, and a pink unicorn icon. Because I’d spend gems on a pink unicorn icon.

Cheers!

in WvW

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

I haven’t actually posted in defense, but if I cared enough I certainly would simply for the fact that it seems 95% of the posts chastising Anet are making kittened arguments. My personal favorites are “they had 9 weeks to get this right” and “this wouldn’t be a problem if they were at least letting us know”. Well, unfortunately unforseen bugs are unforseen, and getting a play by play on bug fixing doesn’t do kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

I haven’t actually posted in defense, but if I cared enough I certainly would simply for the fact that it seems 95% of the posts chastising Anet are making kittened arguments. My personal favorites are “they had 9 weeks to get this right” and “this wouldn’t be a problem if they were at least letting us know”. Well, unfortunately unforseen bugs are unforseen, and getting a play by play on bug fixing doesn’t do kitten.

Why are some people still saying this was unforeseen??? This happened with Season1 rewards, and now Season 2.

THE TRUTH

in WvW

Posted by: Shizlam.4310

Shizlam.4310

“Unforseen”, i saw it coming when people started receiving chests 2 weeks before the ending..

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Unforeseen? Really? You’re that clueless? Season 1 rewards have not been delivered to all who deserve them. Anet knows this bug exists, it’s on their forums, dev’s have posted in the thread. This would lead any decent company to make sure the next season rewards came off without a hitch. Guess Anet was spending too much time in China and the gem store to test to make sure a known problem was taken care of for the next season. They had 9+ weeks to test the rewards process for season 2. They failed to do so.

Makes you wonder about the missing NPC on the day the rewards were given out. Did Anet know there would be a problem with the rewards and kept the npc out of the game until they saw how big the problem became? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t take 9+ weeks to program one NPC to appear that only takes one form of currency when they can produce a full game update for the living story in the same amount of time. I wonder that if the problem was less abundant whether or not the NPC would be active at this time. They knew the day the rewards were supposed to be given out, they knew they’d need an NPC for it. They either purposely decided to change the date and not inform us of the change (which I would have accepted just fine if they had said something ahead of time) or they knew there’d be a problem and kept it from being implemented until they saw how big the problem would be. IF, and that’s a big IF, they actually did have a problem with implementing it on the promised day it really shows how little they care about WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I understand ArenaNet.
Something very important must have happened if 10 weeks were not enough to sort out all issues regarding rewards.
Please note this is a game. I personally do not play this game for some ingame virtual rewards, I play it for fun with other people [friends or enemies (together)].

in WvW

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

can we get double tickets for all these time we waiting?

1 friend of mine got x2 chest…. 1 when tournament finshed and 1 serveral days ago, he got 450×2 tickets…

but thanx aNet trolling us with “WvW Spring Tournament 2014: Congratulations, Winners!” news, and all ppl spam now is “where is npc” or “can we get the wepons”.

Wait, What? So there’s people out here (second place no less) with the possibility of getting 1350 tickets when other people get their 500 for first?

Anet wtf?

in WvW

Posted by: KeySoh.7245

KeySoh.7245

Gave up… probably never going to happen. I got the tickets but the lack of any real communication and patches for this long clearly shows this is on the bottom of their priorities. I only wish the rest of the game functioned as flawlessly as the gem store. The claim that some people make that this will be sorted out by September 2014 sure seems valid when you factor into account experience from the previous wvw

in WvW

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

Unforeseen? Really? You’re that clueless? Season 1 rewards have not been delivered to all who deserve them. Anet knows this bug exists, it’s on their forums, dev’s have posted in the thread. This would lead any decent company to make sure the next season rewards came off without a hitch. Guess Anet was spending too much time in China and the gem store to test to make sure a known problem was taken care of for the next season. They had 9+ weeks to test the rewards process for season 2. They failed to do so.

Makes you wonder about the missing NPC on the day the rewards were given out. Did Anet know there would be a problem with the rewards and kept the npc out of the game until they saw how big the problem became? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t take 9+ weeks to program one NPC to appear that only takes one form of currency when they can produce a full game update for the living story in the same amount of time. I wonder that if the problem was less abundant whether or not the NPC would be active at this time. They knew the day the rewards were supposed to be given out, they knew they’d need an NPC for it. They either purposely decided to change the date and not inform us of the change (which I would have accepted just fine if they had said something ahead of time) or they knew there’d be a problem and kept it from being implemented until they saw how big the problem would be. IF, and that’s a big IF, they actually did have a problem with implementing it on the promised day it really shows how little they care about WvW.

The kitten you on about with the NPC? You mean how, even last season, the tournament “ends” on Friday but everything associated with it is in game till patch day Tuesday? I automatically assumed that when there wasn’t already an npc in game prior to the end that said “HERES YOUR WEAPONS”, it would most certainly be added the next patch. This all adds up to my point. Most people here can’t reason beyond the fact that they are kittening kitten about the situation.

Edit: post like the one right before this one are exactly what I’m talking about.

(edited by PattyCakeChamp.5268)

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

seriously, 11 pages of QQ. And people wonder why Anet staff hardly bother coming to the forums anymore

in WvW

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

seriously, 11 pages of QQ. And people wonder why Anet staff hardly bother coming to the forums anymore

There wouldn’t be QQ if anet would stop screwing over wvw players all of the time. And in this case, it’s not just wvw…we get several pveers daily (and I’m sure all servers do) coming into the home bl and asking about the rewards.

Also, anyone find it amusing that the bug that prevented some players from buying gems with paypal (anet making money) was fixed in a blink?

in WvW

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

Gave up… probably never going to happen. I got the tickets but the lack of any real communication and patches for this long clearly shows this is on the bottom of their priorities. I only wish the rest of the game functioned as flawlessly as the gem store. The claim that some people make that this will be sorted out by September 2014 sure seems valid when you factor into account experience from the previous wvw

Can only laugh at people like you Anet do not get the money from the gem store it goes to NCSoft then NCSoft pay the wages of Anet and while i am here we dont pay to play the dam game. Yes we have to wait for the fix to go live but do you even know just how hard it is to find faulty code? It is a kittening pain in the kitten 1 line in millions can be causing the trouble but even then you have to find out what set it of if its a line error or something else where. Fixing code is not easy and its better to have it done well than done quick and it kitten something else up.

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

(edited by Bo Van Swill.7619)

in WvW

Posted by: Claudin Maximus.9710

Claudin Maximus.9710

idk, if I was Anet I’d totally read it just for the QQ. some of this kitten is hilarious! I get where ppl are coming from, I haven’t received my end-tourney rewards either… but the prizes aren’t really even all that great if you think about it. Places 1-5 are all going to have mistforged weapons, so it’s not like you’re getting anything unique. Not to mention nothing actually enhances your game either. It’s all just fluff. I’d rather get something useful like unique armor/weapon crafting options. Instead we’re given the choice of a weapon skin, minis, etc. I guess infusions or ascended accessories are nice… but it seems like a waste of tickets compared to the alternatives of receiving them.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

Great, so no need to expect our rewards before next week, i dunno how you guys can do such bad work, rly you are disapointing, you found the “bug” 2 days ago but still nothing ? i’m really impressed by your wvw teams & your communication.

You are right but licking their kitten won’t work either tbh ..

These knights defending GW2 teams are “kids” if I may. Well they can’t have job. Else they’d know what deadline is and they’d understand why people are complaining (and why they CAN complain actually).

But it’s okay, let’s wait another week, let’s be kind and let them take all the time they want. I would like some kind of secretly developped new MMO to kill GW2 but there is no opponent yet .

Still they should care, people won’t wait for ever, i’m pretty sure this game will die if the 3rd year goes on same direction than the 2nde one (that was just copy pasta from 1st year ..).

Let’s wait and see, gogo GW2 team you are doing such amazing job keep on going, do not listen haters, take you time.

in WvW

DanyxEleven.9162

It lets us know that they aren’t trying to kitten us over like in season one.

in WvW

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

You are right but licking their kitten won’t work either tbh ..

These knights defending GW2 teams are “kids” if I may. Well they can’t have job. Else they’d know what deadline is and they’d understand why people are complaining (and why they CAN complain actually).

But it’s okay, let’s wait another week, let’s be kind and let them take all the time they want. I would like some kind of secretly developped new MMO to kill GW2 but there is no opponent yet .

Still they should care, people won’t wait for ever, i’m pretty sure this game will die if the 3rd year goes on same direction than the 2nde one (that was just copy pasta from 1st year ..).

Let’s wait and see, gogo GW2 team you are doing such amazing job keep on going, do not listen haters, take you time.

Waiting for everquest next, can be the killer ^^. Not same type of mmo but still gives me hope.