WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Oh look next page bug…

My goodness how did I end up here? Well looks like it’s just me and you buddy! On topic, I wonder if they will manage to get this sorted for the weekend. I’m in dire need of a better axe skin and don’t fancy dropping 90g or whatever it is for a Jade Reaver skin. I find axes to be quite under-represented in coolness compared to other weapons in this game with the notable exception of the Aetherized skin.

in WvW

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

So yea, the tournaments been over for days now. Can you unlock the merchant now and tell people who didn’t get their reward chest to file a support ticket? You don’t have a solution now, you never came up with one last tournament either. Bite the bullet and have your CSRs check if they have spring tournament achieves and no prize tickets on their account. If so, mail em out. No reason to spend this long trying to fix it, and no reason to keep every one of your players down this long doing it. Design a better reward script next tourney and let’s put this behind us, please.

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

It honestly amazes me that this was not sorted out further in advance.

I get that kitten happens; no one expects for updates to go perfectly every single time. However, the WvW season was seven? weeks long and the only thing that ANet had to get right was the reward distribution and they couldn’t even handle that.

I feel like this is a perfect display of just how much ANet cares about the WvW community.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I get that kitten happens; no one expects for updates to go perfectly every single time. However, the WvW season was seven? weeks long and the only thing that ANet had to get right was the reward distribution and they couldn’t even handle that.

And how would you sort something out before you even know it would happen?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Dear ANET,

I greatly appreciate your June 4th post. It is not June 6th with no update and coming upon a weekend.

Might we get an update. Explaining the issue or bug found and steps you are taking is a great way to build confidence (assuming explaining the bug found would not lead to further exploit issues). If you have any idea of timeframe that would be helpful even if “next couple of days” “within a week” etc.

I do believe that sometimes you simply fix problems and then explain thereafter. In this case, it may be better to keep regular conversation with a customer base that will otherwise lose loyalty or stickiness quickly. It was a reward for 2 months of effort. Updates reinforce that you care and it is a priority. Lack thereof. . .

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

Ahhh……….First World problems, with First World complaints. Humanity at its best.

If you don’t like it, leave the First World. This is more than “wah I didn’t get my fake items,” it’s “we were promised to be rewarded for what we did, if you cannot do that then why should we stick to your business.” Do not tell me you would not complain to Nabisco if you opened a pack of Oreos and an entire row was missing. Or if you went to Wal-mart to get a TV advertised for $300 and it rings up for $600. There is a difference between being ungrateful and expecting fair business.

in WvW

Posted by: Afkjosh.3912

Afkjosh.3912

The most simplistic answer here would be to TEST THE CONTENT BEFORE RELEASE.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by :

The Black Lion Trading Company
Get More Gold!

Remember that you can exchange gems and gold at our currency exchange on the second tab of the Black Lion Trading Company! Currently, you can get 1 gold for about 15 gems and 50 gold for about 675 gems!

Carry on.

Currently Playing ~ Lich Lord Joshua – (Necro)
WvW Rank ~ 2,4xx / WvW Kills ~ 1xx,xxx / PvP Rank ~ 7x
EBAY ~ [Void] → FA/SoS ~ [HOPE] → FA ~ [CM] → FA/DB ~ [TheD] → ?

in WvW

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

Ok, you’ve posted WvW Spring Tournament 2014: Congratulations, Winners! in the official site, so, where is my CHEST? I’m still waiting for my reward and a lot of people too.

/facepalm

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Why do people keep assuming that things aren’t tested?

And why to people keep assuming that you actually can test everything in the exact same way as it would be on live?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I don’t get why the winners were even announced yet when the rewards haven’t been fixed- I have a feeling it’ll be awhile before this gets fixed. From what I gather, certain rewards from season 1 haven’t even been properly fixed & ignored?
I can’t wait to see all the issues with this next season of living story!

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

if they wanted to fix it they would- they arent going to

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

On Sunday July 13th, when the winner of the 2014 World Cup is decided… I wonder if FIFA will tell the winner “hey you guys can pick up your trophy on Tuesday”

Tuesday comes… “Oh hey sorry guys, we forgot to make sure the trophy arrived so many days after you should have received it, and to be perfectly honest, we don’t even know where it is. We’re kinda busy putting together some other projects at the moment, so if you wouldn’t mind just waiting kind of indefinitely on this… thanks”

World Cup 2018 rolls around…
FIFA guy “hey did we ever give the 2014 winners their trophy?”
Another FIFA guy “I think like some of the players got participation ribbons we had one of our interns make, I don’t think we ever found the World Cup trophy though”
FIFA guy “aren’t we going to need the trophy to crown this year’s winner?”
Other FIFA guy “who cares, we’ll dazzle people with 2022 World Cup advertisements!”
FIFA guy “brilliant! Let’s go to lunch!”

+1 to this hahahaha

in WvW

Posted by: Frood.8437

Frood.8437

And why to people keep assuming that you actually can test everything in the exact same way as it would be on live?

That’s true you cant test exactly but in theory you can test very near to it. It could simply be a matter of taking a large sample of people on servers and as they enter WvW the game adds metadata that says this is their server and the account pings back and tells the server they have completed the “tournament”.

Game sends back data on what it thinks that person should have got and that account then pings back what its got. If there are inconsistencies then you start going through those very defined steps to see whats borking the system.

Its probably true that they did do this and still cant find the bug. If that’s the case chuck it and build a new system for WvW data.

in WvW

Posted by: Afkjosh.3912

Afkjosh.3912

All they would have had to do was 1 round of testing with their sample group of, maybe 300 in office?, and the probability is strong that at least 1 would not get the chest. In fact the OP dev states they didn’t get theirs at live. I propose if tested properly it would have shown up.

Currently Playing ~ Lich Lord Joshua – (Necro)
WvW Rank ~ 2,4xx / WvW Kills ~ 1xx,xxx / PvP Rank ~ 7x
EBAY ~ [Void] → FA/SoS ~ [HOPE] → FA ~ [CM] → FA/DB ~ [TheD] → ?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldavier.4132

Baldavier.4132

Hi. I don’t play WvW for the reward. I play it for the gameplay, which I feel is unique. While volunteering on HOLIDAY for ch**st sake i was thinking about how being a better commander would help me instruct people better IRL.
wahts the rush?
just because you don’t feel like playing as much while the sun is shining doesn’t mean you can blame it on a little glitch in a massive game.
if you’re housebound, broke, and still complaining, join a better guild, or recruit more, and do other content that requires coordination… maybe you’ll get a precursor or something cool

but yeah a test server would be ultra cool

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Hey everybody, the team has a lead they are working on. Please hang tight. We haven’t forgotten about you. We will post more information when things are more certain.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

Great, so no need to expect our rewards before next week, i dunno how you guys can do such bad work, rly you are disapointing, you found the “bug” 2 days ago but still nothing ? i’m really impressed by your wvw teams & your communication.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Great, so no need to expect our rewards before next week, i dunno how you guys can do such bad work, rly you are disapointing, you found the “bug” 2 days ago but still nothing ? i’m really impressed by your wvw teams & your communication.

How many large scale MMO-project have you worked on and coded?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

Seems normal to me ..Is anyone really all that surprised. Simply a S.N.A.F.U

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

in WvW

Posted by: Shizlam.4310

Shizlam.4310

It does not matter. It’s their job to get things done. They are payed for that and if they can’t do it on scheduled times they need to be replaced. For us this might be a game, but for them it’s a company and in a company if certain members are not working properly they either get better on what they are doing or they get replaced. And assuming that this is the same crap that happened in season 1, they are not getting better.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It does not matter. It’s their job to get things done. They are payed for that and if they can’t do it on scheduled times they need to be replaced. For us this might be a game, but for them it’s a company and in a company if certain members are not working properly they either get better on what they are doing or they get replaced. And assuming that this is the same crap that happened in season 1, they are not getting better.

Shouting about how bad people are at their work without even having any form of knowledge or experience of that kind of work is very silly though.

We have no idea how hard this issue is to solve, and finding a bug does not magically fix it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Victory For Kittens.7806

Such logic. So if you don’t like your bread’s baker, you must be a baker yourself to be allowed to judge it ? Such logic once more, please stop being fanboy, we “haterz” hate this game and spam the forum, that’s a well known fact while you “fanboys” should just play it and let haters hate :>

If you guys wanna answer me, just get “legit” argument, i know i’m not being kind with this game staff, but find descent arguments to answer me or just do not care about me thanks kkbye

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

then again competent people does not grow on trees, and the more qualifications you have, the more money you wll demand. No company will hire someone with better qualifications if they do not have a vacant position, nor will they fire someone in the hope that a highly qualified and experienced person will drop by.

That and from some posts here on the forums and some other places, it does not seem that ArenaNet is offering the most competitive of wages. Whether or not those posts hold any credit or not is another matter entirely, but even just the rumor of “lower pay then the others” will be enough to make qualified and experienced workers just look elsewere until they reach desperation.

my only grief is that they had 9 weeks to go through all their data, they had probably 2-3 months before that to check it during creation. Still, this bug which is affecting the entire game at this point, managed to slip through every possible form of quality control.
There should be some more thorough testing done in the future to avoid further problems like this.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Such logic. So if you don’t like your bread’s baker, you must be a baker yourself to be allowed to judge it ? Such logic once more, please stop being fanboy, we “haterz” hate this game and spam the forum, that’s a well known fact while you “fanboys” should just play it and let haters hate :>

If you guys wanna answer me, just get “legit” argument, i know i’m not being kind with this game staff, but find descent arguments to answer me or just do not care about me thanks kkbye

No, it was more like the fact that you basically stated that the devs suck at their job because they haven’t fixed it yet, and I questioned your ability and knowledge to actually do that in a fair way.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Raelag Arkhen.6347

Raelag Arkhen.6347

I think he only meant that it probably takes time to fix it correctly, since they don’t want to get problem with the solution they’re working on ; no that you can’t talk about that because you don’t work and code MMOs.
It’s only the second day since they found the bug, we know they’re working on it… Well there’s pretty much nothing else we can do about it. At least we know they are working on it, found it, and the fact that this content has been disableed actually shows they really mean to fix it fast. (If not, I promise I’ll never ever defend ’em again)

EDIT: Ok, he already answered.. Didn’t see . :p

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

And how would you not see something like this coming even though you knew it happened like 10 weeks ago? Aka season 1.

THE TRUTH

in WvW

Victory For Kittens.7806

No, it was more like the fact that you basically stated that the devs suck at their job because they haven’t fixed it yet, and I questioned your ability and knowledge to actually do that in a fair way.

Actually, i’m a dev myself and i can tell you something for sure: Finding the bug origin is quite hard when you got no idea where it is coming from, that’s true. But once you find it, most companies that really cares will ask you hot fixes even if you need to stay the whole night fixing it. Well, that’s how it works in my company and a lot of others, you can’t let a bug so huge, say you know where it is coming from and ask for a whole week delay when you just have some number to change. I dunno if you dev yourself but checking if your (bool) or your (!bool) isnt really hard. GW2 team just do not give enough attention to their customer, as you might notice from the WvW saison 1 rewards still not fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

can we get double tickets for all these time we waiting?

R.I.P Kumu <3

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Here’s some logic:

The developers need to be certain that their fix will not screw up rewards given to existing players, and that whatever caused the bug in the first place is taken care of. All of this takes time, hence the wait.

Telling the developers to “hurry up” or their jobs are gone is precisely the sort of “logic” that causes these very problems in the first place.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Actually, i’m a dev myself and i can tell you something for sure: Finding the bug origin is quite hard when you got no idea where it is coming from, that’s true. But once you find it, most companies that really cares will ask you hot fixes even if you need to stay the whole night fixing it. Well, that’s how it works in my company and a lot of others, you can’t let a bug so huge, say you know where it is coming from and ask for a whole week delay when you just have some number to change. I dunno if you dev yourself but checking if your (bool) or your (!bool) isnt really hard. GW2 team just do not give enough attention to their customer, as you might notice from the WvW saison 1 rewards still not fixed.

And how large is your developing company?
I am personally I dev myself as well and at leastwhere I work workers and such have rights. The management can’t force people to abandon their life and work themselves to death in order to fix an issue, that might not be fixable that swift anyway.

The fact remains that you have no information about how hard this bug is to fix, how much work is needed and how high priority this is compared to other issues.

Keep in mind that the bug is rather non-game breaking even though it is a bit annoying, and as such, it might very well not be considered a priority one issue if something more urgent comes in.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

For some reason with spelling and grammar like that I find it hard to believe you are employed anywhere…

in WvW

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

For some reason with spelling and grammar like that I find it hard to believe you are employed anywhere…

They are about as much a dev as I am a mermaid.

in WvW

Victory For Kittens.7806

And how large is your developing company?
I am personally I dev myself as well and at leastwhere I work workers and such have rights. The management can’t force people to abandon their life and work themselves to death in order to fix an issue, that might not be fixable that swift anyway.

The fact remains that you have no information about how hard this bug is to fix, how much work is needed and how high priority this is compared to other issues.

Keep in mind that the bug is rather non-game breaking even though it is a bit annoying, and as such, it might very well not be considered a priority one issue if something more urgent comes in.

True, i might be underestimating the work they actually need to do but if most big companies will ask you to fix it fast or they will just kick you out. You can’t let your debuging team take the whole time they want to make a patch, you (as a company) always need them to fix these fast or ask for another debug company support. Isn’t 3 months enough time to fix WvW s1 rewards ?

And if GW2 devs team is quite good, a single non rewarding chest can’t make a whole game crash, only bad developped application could lead to this. That’s why coding properly is really needed. I don’t expect GW2 teams to develop their whole game into a single class Game.. But anyway, since we won’t get patch until next week (at least), just wait and see hu

in WvW

Posted by: ChrisKader.6457

ChrisKader.6457

This thread has turned into a bunch of complaining people who think they know the this game better then the developers. All of the excessive complaining going on is not going to make anything better or fix anything. Its pretty simple, if you do not like whats going on, leave. You do not even have to cancel a sub, just uninstall and never come back.

in WvW

Posted by: AIex.4105

AIex.4105

1 friend of mine got x2 chest…. 1 when tournament finshed and 1 serveral days ago, he got 450×2 tickets…

but thanx aNet trolling us with “WvW Spring Tournament 2014: Congratulations, Winners!” news, and all ppl spam now is “where is npc” or “can we get the wepons”.

(edited by AIex.4105)

in WvW

Posted by: ChrisKader.6457

ChrisKader.6457

1 friend of mine got x2 chest…. 1 when tournament finshed and 1 serveral days ago, he got 450×2 tickets…

And this is why the vendors where disabled.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

Hey everybody, the team has a lead they are working on. Please hang tight. We haven’t forgotten about you. We will post more information when things are more certain.

Wait what?? A “lead” ? I thought this issue is almost fixed….wow

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

To be fair they have never said that.
They have said that they have found the issue and are working on it, nothing more than that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: REQ.8263

REQ.8263

I want my well earned tickets..

you need to sort this we all earned them and no tickets :(

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

It’s about noon in Seattle at the moment, so we got a few hours yet before the developer’s spouses start demanding they come home for dinner. Gogogo!

in WvW

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

Yelling at them for updating us = a) a good/constructive idea, b) a bad/not constructive idea, or c) a bag of potatoes.

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Yelling at them for updating us = a) a good/constructive idea, b) a bad/not constructive idea, or c) a bag of potatoes.

I choose ( c ), but don’t worry ANet; I won’t mind if I get my potatoe tokens a few weeks before the vegetables themselves ;P

in WvW

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

Welp, we move from “We have identified the issue and are working on a solution to distribute the proper tournament chests to all who should have earned them” to this. I know I said I wanted more communication but I was hoping something was actually happening. Can we please get the PvE or Gem Store team on this job? I’m sure the problem would get fixed by end of day today.

in WvW

Posted by: NovaZephyr.1293

NovaZephyr.1293

A lead huh… What happened to the other identified issue?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It could be a lead toward solving the issue.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

It could be a lead toward solving the issue.

Yes, this is what I meant. Sorry for not being more clear.

in WvW

Posted by: Raelag Arkhen.6347

Raelag Arkhen.6347

Do you have a hint about the time requiered to fix it? If you do, I’d looooove to know about that

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

If they had that information to share I am sure they already would have done so.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

Matt any chance we can expect a fix before the weekend or not likely till next week?

in WvW

Posted by: Eripetra.6791

Eripetra.6791

Give it a rest. It will get fixed when it does. The griping in this thread is bad enough, but it’s pathetic when you think that seventy years ago today thousands of men were killed or wounded on the beaches of Normandy. There’s a lot in life much worse than not getting a video game reward. If you still can’t cope, find another game that has no software bugs.