WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

give me my mistforged stuff, don’t tease me with 90% of acquire requirements.

in WvW

Posted by: Gnaver.8290

Gnaver.8290

if the fix wont arrive tomorrow with gemstore update, i doubt we will get anything this month. And since July is the month of LS season 2 no fix for wvw during the summer holidays. So wake up anet and make it till you can

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I’m hoping that the fix won’t be tied to a patch; once live, it will just be executed for each player as they log in to the game. It’s presently 7am in Seattle. Wakey wakey WvW team, rise and shine!

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Still waiting

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Shin Phoenix.9243

Shin Phoenix.9243

Just delete the already given tickets by making those ones useless, give chests to EVERYONE with a new kind of tickets that can be used to buy weapons. This way, those who already got their chests, once or twice, won’t get any advantage of it anymore, and it’ll all be fair!

Actually I’m not sure that I want a weapon. If it’s “just” exotic with a fancy skin then I could buy that with dungeon tokens…

What I can’t get so cheaply is the two ascended accessories (it says accessories, not rings) I will be able to get if I forgo a weapon…

Food for thought?

In any case I was previously in the “just give everyone with the meta a weapon token” camp but this delay has given me time to think about what is actually useful to me.

Shin

in WvW

Posted by: Deathabove.5730

Deathabove.5730

This is simply the short term resolution : for those who already have tickets, allow them to purchase on the historian vendor. There is no further need to restrict their access. Who benefits from making some of the people wait? Noone wins in this scenario. At least PART of the player base will be compensated after such a delay. Secondly, there must be a way to track who turns their tickets in at the vendor. Figure out which servers won, and which players got their achievement points for season 2. Then deduct who has turned them in. Maybe some players might get extra tickets in the end, but this is better than nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I think the biggest laugh-out-loud moment was the congratulatory post on the front page showing a sylvari wielding two mistforged weapons. I mean, come on, how kittening funny is that? 1) You can’t even get two mistforged if or when this is ever fixed and 2) YOU CAN’T EVEN GET ANY RIGHT NOW

Seriously, ANet, stop making me laugh so hard.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

This is simply the short term resolution : for those who already have tickets, allow them to purchase on the historian vendor. There is no further need to restrict their access. Who benefits from making some of the people wait? Noone wins in this scenario. At least PART of the player base will be compensated after such a delay. Secondly, there must be a way to track who turns their tickets in at the vendor. Figure out which servers won, and which players got their achievement points for season 2. Then deduct who has turned them in. Maybe some players might get extra tickets in the end, but this is better than nothing.

You’d think that leaving the vendor enabled for players who got the right tickets to purchase their rewards would have been the logical course of action. Obviously someone at ArenaNet believes this not to be the case. It seems to me that they disabled the vendor because:

a) They didn’t (and perhaps still don’t) know the severity of the bug, and don’t want to allow players access to a system that might be far more broken than what players have experienced so far.

b) Given a), allowing players access to a broken system would compound the problem they now face, since there would be players stuck at all sorts of stages in the reward acquisition process.

in WvW

Posted by: ChaosBlood.9801

ChaosBlood.9801

We’re never going to get it mates. It’s useless to even bother waiting for it now.

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Seems more likely to me that they just don’t want to have a bunch of angry people screaming about how they didn’t get their rewards they earned, while others are running around in their fancy skins.

Hard to get up in arms about not getting your tokens when there is nothing to spend them on.

Also since the rewards for season 1 were so amazing, it isn’t like continuing on with no rewards for the time being is that big a deal. They can delay as long as they want. Maybe they will come up with a solution this time that involves fixing the broken people instead of just mass mailing extras to everyone per the standard policy.

In either case it doesn’t hurt them at all to delay, and considering their resources are busy working on China things and polishing that market, a market that is actually buying boxes and spending money actively, it is hard to argue with the economics of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

So, we can infer that “loyal player”=“I play your game for free and demand to be rewarded for doing so.”

How could Anet not bend before such a compelling argument?

So player loyalty is only defined by pulling out your credit card and buying cash shop fluff.
Wow.
I’m at a loss for words.

Not at all. But it is certainly not defined by not paying for their product. His argument (and, presumably, yours) boils down to “Anet should give a kitten about the portion of the player base that never gives them a dime” and this is patently illogical.

Use your grey matter: the free-to-play model still accounts for and relies upon a certain amount of player support. If one defines loyalty as showing up and enjoying their product without supporting them, and furthermore demands to be rewarded for doing so, one isn’t loyal, one is merely entitled.

While the good news is that Anet does not specifically only reward those individuals who have given them $$ (and thus create the pay-to-win scenario that you would apparently respect more than the current one), this doesn’t change the definitions of entitlement. Thus the argument I quoted in my original post is absurd and lacking any foundation whatsoever.

in WvW

Deathabove.5730

Like any customer would do when faced with a situation where the company has either A)on purpose inadvertently inconvenienced the customer, we should demand further compensation for this delay. To simply just give us what was promised is insufficient and not right. I say we should all get access to a free costume on the gem store, or 800 gems.

in WvW

Posted by: BizzarreXGamer.7930

BizzarreXGamer.7930

it looks like im one of those people who didnt get thier chest huh….shame on you anet..shame on you..

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Like any customer would do when faced with a situation where the company has either A)on purpose inadvertently inconvenienced the customer, we should demand further compensation for this delay. To simply just give us what was promised is insufficient and not right. I say we should all get access to a free costume on the gem store, or 800 gems.

I think we should all receive gifts of fortune for every character that did WvW.

>.>
<.<

What?

in WvW

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Jeez Louise, ANET…. just give everybody 500 who completed the meta and be done with it… whatever the problem may be. Your “tier rankings” being divided by 3 and then scaling from top to bottom was a pretty terrible idea to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I think the biggest laugh-out-loud moment was the congratulatory post on the front page showing a sylvari wielding two mistforged weapons. I mean, come on, how kittening funny is that? 1) You can’t even get two mistforged if or when this is ever fixed and 2) YOU CAN’T EVEN GET ANY RIGHT NOW

Got to say I hadn’t noticed until you pointed it out…

In the UK sticking two fingers up is the equivalent of one in the US, perhaps this was what they were trying to express? (as we still don’t have them…).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

-Rushes out Season 2 even before stuff like account wxp was installed
-Some people didn’t even have season 1 rewards
-Pile on more content rather than fixing broken ones
-Act surprised.

I had already taken this level of silliness into account (In fact, I expected something to be wrong beforehand), but it appears there is much to learn.

But hey, thanks for the 3 greens and metabolic primer! At least something was right.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I wonder how long this will take to resolve. On Piken Square hardly any of us are logging on for the current matchup, mainly because the one thing we worked for – we didn’t get, so nobody sees the point of it at the moment.

I am stuck in my radiant outfit with a big red sword and its painful having to run around without the mistforge weapon I adjusted my wardrobe for.

There is no sense of closure to the season and it is making play an unpleasant experience.

This gets my vote for post of the year !

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

(edited by Forzani.2584)

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Its only been 9 days since they discovered the bug. Name a MMO game studio that fixes bugs under ten days? Also this is not a game breaker and doesn’t need to be priority compared to some other issues. At the end of the day, it is only a weapon skin which will be forgotten in less than 2 months. That said, it is WvW after all, so lower your expectations….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

this is getting a bit stupid now.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Deathabove.5730

it is not just a weapon skin… it is 2 legendary accessories that cost 80 laurels and 80 ectos. that is not cheap, and laurels are a pain in the kitten to come by.

in WvW

Posted by: Aedros.1439

Aedros.1439

Its only been 9 days since they discovered the bug. Name a MMO game studio that fixes bugs under ten days? Also this is not a game breaker and doesn’t need to be priority compared to some other issues. At the end of the day, it is only a weapon skin which will be forgotten in less than 2 months. That said, it is WvW after all, so lower your expectations….

Zylonite, I totally agree, IF it was only a 9 day bug, HOWEVER…wvw rewards have had issues since season 1 and there are some who still havent gotten their season1 rewards and they still havent got it right…so this is a many months long bug that they could have and should have fully tested and fixed while we were doing season 2 so that this wouldnt have happened……

in WvW

Posted by: degoat.6054

degoat.6054

yea its a bit sad have not gotten my chest as well all my guildies got it but not me

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Guys and girls. Why are you all crying over this, Anet has stated they are working on things. Will you just give them a kitten chance, you are acting like total babies and to be honest if i was Anet and see all this QQ I wouldn’t fix the problem due to you acting so Ignorant. Just calm down and let Anet fix things when they can.

It really is pretty pathetic. I’m just hoping that the majority of the complainers are kids. I’d be embarrassed for the adults throwing temper tantrums.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

It really is pretty pathetic. I’m just hoping that the majority of the complainers are kids. I’d be embarrassed for the adults throwing temper tantrums.

Totally understand the complaints because, adults and kids alike, all have invested much time and energy in the game yet their rewards have not been honored.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Totally understand the complaints because, adults and kids alike, all have invested much time and energy in the game yet their rewards have not been honored.

Because of a bug that is out of Anet’s control! They have already stated over and over and over that they are working on it. Bug fixes don’t grow on trees. Give them one gosh dang week at least. These are real people with real lives and a massive, massive game to update.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

Because of a bug that is out of Anet’s control! They have already stated over and over and over that they are working on it. Bug fixes don’t grow on trees. Give them one gosh dang week at least. These are real people with real lives and a massive, massive game to update.

Then let people complain while players wait. They should not have started season with stated rewards. Don’t worry about the people fixing the bugs. They probably would not read this if they do not have time.

Fire Water Air
FA

(edited by Lord of Rings.5371)

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Gem Store and Living Story bugs are fixed in under 4 hours every time.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Aedros.1439

Aedros.1439

once again, negative a million points for those of you who dont read or pay attention…this issue has been around for months since season 1 and gw2 apparently did not iron it out or fix before launching season 2 or during season 2……it is frustrating to see them launch season 2 when they did not have a fix for the rewards before starting season 2, they should have not had a season 2 if they knew the rewards system was still not working properly….

in WvW

Posted by: bnielson.3821

bnielson.3821

My character (Burgon Bearkiller) never received the WvW reward either even though I completed the meta acheivement.

in WvW

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

I’m pretty sure the “bug” has already been found, yet (being a developer myself) I am guessing the issue atm is most possibly that some data has not been recorded in the database.

ie. the people who didn’t get their tickets didn’t get them because their eligibility for these rewards has not been tracked properly. This is the reason for the delay. They need to find a way to retrieve players’ activities and if they deserve getting tickets and how many from a data they do not have.

This will require some creative problem solving and back log digging… I wish the team all the luck in the world if so is the case… It’s a whole mess to sort through, sometimes even manually…

(edited by Taisia.2813)

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

I’m pretty sure the “bug” has already been found yet (being a developer myself) the issue atm is most possibly that some data has not been recorded in the database.

ie. the people who didn’t get their tickets didn’t get them because their eligibility for these rewards has not been tracked properly. This is the reason for the delay. They need to find a way to retrieve players’ activities and if they deserve getting tickets and how many from a data they do not have.

This will require some creative problem solving and back log digging… I wish the team all the luck in the world if so is the case… It’s a whole mess to sort through, sometimes even manually…

One of the most entertaining meetings I’ve ever been in was between a web design company, their client, and a marketing firm the client had hired. The client was required to provide a report to their government detailing proof that they had attracted visitors to the site both through workshops and search results via Google. At no point during the design process had the web design company thought to add even rudimentary Google Analytics tracking to the site, and at no point during the design process had the client thought to explain the government’s requirements to the web developers. The golden moment came when the client explained that this report was due in two weeks, and then asked the marketing firm:

“So if <web design company> add Google Analytics tracking now, we will be able to track past visitors right?”

The reply was:

“Google Analytics isn’t a time machine.”

Ouch. Made me glad to have nothing at all to do with web development or database management

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And how much time and energy do you think ArenaNet have and still are investing in the game and this bug?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Contrivance.7980

Contrivance.7980

I’m pretty sure the “bug” has already been found, yet (being a developer myself) I am guessing the issue atm is most possibly that some data has not been recorded in the database.

A quick and lazy fix would be to track the people who completed the meta achievement and assign a reward box based on the server they are currently (or on a given date, if possible) from.

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Ha yeah.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sandie.1964

Sandie.1964

I think we can all agree we like the game, the graphics are marvelous, and anet does keep trying to enhance the game play. That being said I think most of us are frustrated because this isn’t 9 days old. The problem was discovered when people didn’t get the first reward chest. The situation wasn’t resolved before the end of the second match up. Lets not have a third match up until they find the error and fix it. I do expect that when we all do finally get the chest there will be something extra in it to smooth over hurt feelings. Perhaps a twinkie with 100% WVW for 24 hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Can anyone summarise where things are at right now? Are we waiting for a fix or sending tickets in?
It’s a big thread, too big to wade through for answers.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I guess this is karma for ANet for throwing us a pointless Season 2 as a time filler while they go on a tour of the great wall of China and abandon NA/EU players.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Falren.6953

Falren.6953

Will they fix the bug
Still playing the waiting game.
Any news A-net?

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

And how much time and energy do you think ArenaNet have and still are investing in the game and this bug?

You know Mark responds to your post and you should ask him.

It could be a lead toward solving the issue.

Yes, this is what I meant. Sorry for not being more clear.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am more interested in your answer

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Trinitie.5046

Trinitie.5046

Its only been 9 days since they discovered the bug. Name a MMO game studio that fixes bugs under ten days?

Square Enix! But that’s probably because everyone pays a subscription. I guess our money going into the gem store isn’t enough to warrant a prompt fix by Anet.

Co-leader of DgP – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

I am more interested in your answer

I can ask Anet.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Lord of Rings.5371

Anet, since you are aware there are many players complaining not receiving that WvW rewards, maybe the players can have a better understanding of your effort in resolving this issue if you let us know how many people and how many work hours have you spent on this and what would be the budgeted labor cost.

Many thanks.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Gerof.3491

Gerof.3491

For the sake of having it stated, my character Myriam Gravebane did not get the season 2 reward either.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Arthur.8905

Sir Arthur.8905

Devs are too busy playing a game from a “sister studio” that shall not be named. Maybe we should just all go do what they are doing.

in WvW

Posted by: The Pitboss.1465

The Pitboss.1465

Maybe they are to busy to respond with an update. Busy in the way of fixing the issue. But seriously it would be nice to have an update.

Meh

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

1. I actually feel kinda bad for the people who thought they were actually in some kind of competition so they played more than usual.

2. I had no idea some people still didn’t get their Season 1 chests. That’s embarrassing, infract me and or delete this if you want but it’s still makes the unit look low rent.

3. Didn’t the South Sun events have problems with reward distribution as well? Starting to see a pattern here.

4. This thread will be closed and a new one will be created by Anet titled “Your Perceived Issues with Season 2 Chests”.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Guys, the last update was on Friday. Today is Monday. Contrary to popular belief, our developers have lives and families that they would like to live and see respectively.

Believe me when I say that we will provide an update as soon as we have an update to provide. Until that time, your continued patience is appreciated.

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

Guys, the last update was on Friday. Today is Monday. Contrary to popular belief, our developers have lives and families that they would like to live and see respectively.

Believe me when I say that we will provide an update as soon as we have an update to provide. Until that time, your continued patience is appreciated.

Thanks for a response. Hope it gets fixed soon

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice